Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:22 PM, lucy711 said:

I don't think anyone expects the foreign spouses to love all things American, but we have seen some of the spouses basically hate and talk badly about almost everything American.  I think others are frustrated that some of the spouses never seem to have any clue about the area to which they are moving when a simple computer search could have been helpful.  I believe most of the foreign spouses have had access to the Internet in their home countries since they regularly kept in touch with their beloved in the USA. (I'm thinking of Pao and her complaints about Oklahoma).

We're not seeing them 24/7, tho.  The producers are asking them their feelings, likely at a time when they're feeling lonely, isolated and bored.  Just because they vent a bit in an interview doesn't mean they "talk badly about almost everything American."  I wonder how many of these posters who are showing such distain for the foreigners here have actually spent any significant amount of time in another country.  Just because you want to move to another country doesn't mean you have to be all Pollyanna about it 24/7.  You will get homesick.  You will long for your native country and all of the familiarity it brings.  That doesn't mean you're ungrateful or don't want to be there or don't know anything about where you are.  

• Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, iwasish said:

I thought it was the reverse. She asked her ex to switch weekends JUST so Luis would have to babysit. She wanted him to have to step up and since Olivia is out of the house she wasn’t available and Molly wants Luis do his step daddy duties. She knows he won’t  so she called her mother to step in and watch her. So Luis is off the hook. 

It was the other way around.  Luis was asking why Kensley couldn't stay with her dad and Molly responded that she asked Kensley's dad and he said no.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Rumor has it that her real name is "SeaAir."  Seriously.  It's on the internet.

I just can't picture Pedro calling her SeaAir. I wonder how many retakes they have to do when Pedro accidentally says "Father SeaAir," "Mother SeaAir," or "Family SeaAir" on camera.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

It seems like Azan is the one who has the most difficulty finding and keeping a job. 

Oh, Azan has a job all right, and its name is Nicole.  The pay isn't great, but it's dependable.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Anyone can temp. ANYONE. I used to work in a temp agency.

Absolutely untrue. In a place like LA, it's incredibly competitive. I have a Stanford MA and also taught there, did great on the computer tests, and I couldn't get arrested in the temp market.

• Love 6

I have had a soft spot for grasping little trollish Anfisa because of the way she pronounces the "b" in "debt."  Now that her lips have gone down and she really did leave George, I think I genuinely like her.  It was hard to take her screeching and vandalism; she was behaving like a spoiled child who's been told she can't have the Barbie she wants.  As she told George, she *always* tells the truth, and you have to admire that among this crowd of liars and pretenders.  I wonder if she's beginning to realize that physically she's really nothing special in Los Angeles, although she has a rocking body, and has begun to adapt her life plans to accommodate the idea that she might not be able to capture the heart of a Leonardo diCaprio.  And I noticed this week that she has an unfortunate nose.  It's big for her face and gives her a rat-like profile.

I admire her for being willing to give George another chance, but on her terms.  I think (and I think she thinks) that if she can get George straightened out, he is her best chance for a comfortable, middle-class life.  Contrast her attitude with George's as he came trotting back to her, dick in hand.  She's no dummy and I'm not sure he realizes how smart she truly is.  I think she could probably make it on her own, but it will be easier with an American-born partner.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, OrchidThief said:

Absolutely untrue. In a place like LA, it's incredibly competitive. I have a Stanford MA and also taught there, did great on the computer tests, and I couldn't get arrested in the temp market.

I think the OP was referring to David saying he was overqualified for temp work. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, that's a far fetched scenario, and highly doubtful. 

I know that.  We all speculate here and throw out various opinions, as I’m sure you know.  It was just one theory on how Nicole manages to stay employed but able to take off to travel as much as she does.

• Love 5

I think it’s possible that she’s “hired” on paper but she’s so lazy they don’t give her many hours. She may need to be “employed” to continue getting benefits if she qualifies. 

She has the brain of a lizard with on overdeveloped Id. I think she got too big and possibly physical for her parents to deal with but shame on them for enabling her to continue this farce with Azan. 

47 minutes ago, NinaH said:

I know that.  We all speculate here and throw out various opinions, as I’m sure you know.  It was just one theory on how Nicole manages to stay employed but able to take off to travel as much as she does.

Your theory totally works for me. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Landlord said:

Someday, a child molester will be flashing a few smiles her way, and May will be served on a silver platter. because ''My World 2.0/3.0/4.0 can do no wrong, and he said he looooved me!''

OMG. I never even thought about that before, but that's actually highly probable. Especially given the number of men Nicole will go through before May is even into double digits.

Any child molester with washboard abs would have easy access.

Nicole's mother needs to wake the f*ck up and get permanent custody because Nicole never will wake up.

#SaveBabyMay

I never thought I would marvel at stupidity but good grief... If they get married, Nicole will be all smiles thinking that she's finally going to get laid every night, and Azan will have worked up some reason not to ever have sex with her. She just has no idea what she's in for. Everyone is telling her this is stupid, including the U.S. Government who denied his visa. And she refuses to get it. 

And, it would be the same way if she started dating a convicted sex offender. "Oh, but he's changed!"  "But he has a gym bod!" 

BTW, aesthetically, how does that even work, even for her? She finally gets alone with Azan, and there's his gym bod, but it's surrounded by her bod. Sinewy arms offset by great large flapping arms... ARGH! HELP! WASH MY BRAIN!!!!!!

• Love 2

Here's why Nicole is a bitch. 

She decides to abandon her family and go to Morocco for a year. Okay, fine.

However, while she's telling her dad this news that she knows will devastate him, she's got this self-satisfied smirk on her face the whole time!

Nicole, you know he's torn up about this. You're watching the man. And, you're the one who is causing him the distress. Good grief, your mother had a stroke! (Although Robalee appears to have recovered and regained full mobility in her face.) Still, when you're breaking daddy's heart, could you try not to enjoy it so much?

• Love 9

I forgot to mention this:  Anyone else creeped out by the fact that when Molly came into the bedroom to talk to Luis, he was lying on the bed looking at his phone WITH HIS OTHER HAND DOWN HIS PANTS?  I mean *really* down there in dicktown  and ball city.  And he kept it there while he was talking to her.

When he knows he's on TV???

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Rumor has it that her real name is "SeaAir."  Seriously.  It's on the internet.

I’ve seen her name is actually CeAir (middle initial C-possibly Chantal) Wylie-Everett Jimeno (Pedro’s last name) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
On 6/4/2018 at 10:51 AM, Mswldflwr said:

Well, at least the question of the season has been answered.  Nicole does, in fact, have a kitchen.  You'd think she'd at least make an effort to clean the place a little bit since she actually has cameras in the place if Mae isn't reason enough.  And whoever threw out the idea that her face looks like mashed  potatoes, thanks so much for that.  Every time I see her stupid face now, I'm like, it does look like mashed potatoes.  

I cannot believe how her family humors her in her decision-making.  It should be clear to them she cannot and should not be left to her own devices.  Glad to hear Grandpa is finally going to tell her how it is.

Nicole i do honestly is slow 

Just now, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

Nicole i do honestly believe is slow 

• Love 1

A quick Google search has informed me that 95% of K1 Visas are approved.  Spouse Splithair and I went through the petition for green card instead of K1, but they're somewhat similar.  

Either way, it is a multi-step process. If Azan had anything really shady (serious crimes, already married, etc.), he more than likely would not have even gotten to the interview step.  And I kinda doubt it was a missing paperwork issue. You do have to bring certain documents to the interview, but if you don't have one or more of them with you they will generally allow you more time to bring them back. This delays the process, but it usually doesn't cause a denial.

Suspicion of fraud, certain physical issues/infectious diseases, or a major red flag for whatever reason at the interview itself are really the only things that will cause a denial at that step.

In other words, this whole 'refusal' thing is either made up for drama or Azan sabotaged the process. It's unlikely he'd get to the interview step and get denied, unless one of the above occurred. They have done their homework on you by the time you get to that point, which is why the decision to approve or deny is really quick once the interview has taken place.

• Love 4

I remember that at one point during a reunion, Loren screeched that Alexei had been denied for his visa not once but twice. I find it fascinating who gets denied and who gets approved easily.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

If they get married, Nicole will be all smiles thinking that she's finally going to get laid every night, and Azan will have worked up some reason not to ever have sex with her.

Permanent Ramadan! 

• Love 17
(edited)
17 hours ago, Mothra said:

I forgot to mention this:  Anyone else creeped out by the fact that when Molly came into the bedroom to talk to Luis, he was lying on the bed looking at his phone WITH HIS OTHER HAND DOWN HIS PANTS?  I mean *really* down there in dicktown  and ball city.  And he kept it there while he was talking to her.

I seem to recall him doing the exact same thing last year (edited to add: also in bed and on the phone-where he seems to spend a lot of time) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4

ON 6/5/2018 AT 12:53 AM, OWWWWW MA LEG SAID: 

Not sure if this has been covered and this is how I married in the US, to be short I came out on a tourist visa got married in the United Stares and then filed for an adjustment of status. I’m guessing the hard part for Azan is getting a visa to begin with. This is not the usual way to do it but it happens a lot. It helped that I came from Australia and we are still together 20 years later. This was pre Trump and pre 9/11 so it might not even be possible

Ha! My German husband and I did the same thing right about 20 years ago. Our lawyer said it was sometimes easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. He arrived in May and we got married in October. ;-) Good point about that little loophole maybe not existing anymore. 

Delurking to say that l don’t think that loophole has been closed under the Trump Administration. In fact, I married my Moroccan husband (how we got involved in this show in the first place, for Hassan and Nicole) when he was on a tourist visa in 2014 and he adjusted status. In our case it was easy to ask forgiveness because I was in the middle of a crappy situation involving my health.

It also helped that hubby received his visa before he ever met me. Having an established romantic relationship is the USA is pretty much a tourist visa killer. Given how difficult it is for a young, single Moroccan to get a tourist visa, he was very lucky. And so was I because that way I could bring him over to the USA and see how he liked the country and got along with my family and friends. We didn’t even get married that visit, it was all about testing out whether USA would be a place we wanted to live together.

Feel free to ask me questions about Morocco and Moroccan/American marriages.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Accents get cemented at a certain age. That's why people who learn a second language later in life can't typically master the accent. 

The other weird thing about Nicole and Azan's visa denial -- how long do acceptance/denial's take? When she met with her dad and stepmom she said something about him having the interview a few days ago and they finally got the news. I would think it would take longer than a few days to get notification. I agree it wouldn't come via email. He probably didn't even interview with anyone and is just making this all up. How in the world that "lawyer" would recommend she try for a K-3 when the K-1 was denied is really unfathomable. If they won't let him in single, why would they let him in married? If the "officials" who denied his visa think this is a scam, I guess being married would prove it isn't, but... this whole thing is ridiculous. Where do they find these people? 

I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for Annie. She knew David was poor as dirt. We heard her haranguing him in Thailand about finances. Did she really think it would all change once they got to the US?

Watching this show should be required viewing for anyone considering the K-1 visa. They could see that living the dream in the US is quite dependent upon the mate you choose. 

Actually I just remembered from when I was going through my Green card process (I won the lottery) 20 years ago there is a way to check status of your application. Back then you had to call and tell them your case number but I bet now everything is accessible on website. You just need your case number. Since Nicole applied for the K1 she would have access to the website to check on the progress, like when the paperwork was received, when was Azan's interview scheduled and then the results plus any other related stuff. That would be in addition to the official letter. So this is another case of the TLC adjusting the real process to fit their narrative. They probably sent that email themselves and that's why it doesn't look  real. It's fake but it wasn't send by Azan. It's more dramatic on TV for her to get email and then to go to consult with the lawyer than Nicole sitting on her bed all day and constantly refreshing the website page on her phone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Pao sounds like she pronounces Russ as "Rose".

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

Olivia speaks the truth, but unfortunately for her, Molly is surrounded by a chorus of yes-men -- everyone from her well-tipped hairdressers to her lackey of a business partner. Take a chance on love, they say.

Pao is most likely a narcissist because she cares only about Pao. That's been pretty well apparent from Season 1. Maybe Russ has a type because his religious mother was pretty awful to Pao before she even gave her reason, joking about how they "hoped Russ didn't come back with a Columbian." NOT funny! Now they don't speak to Pao, and even though she's given them plenty of reason, it's not a healthy way to deal with the situation. She seems old enough and Mormon enough to know better.

Seems as though a family wealthy enough to afford a vacation cabin like Family Chantel's wouldn't be doing their own packing and moving. Not in my experience, anyway. What on earth does Father Chantel do for a living? Perhaps he inherited his wealth from a family business, and his other brothers, Chantel's uncles, try to keep him occupied with menial tasks so that he doesn't do any harm. Kind of like Gob in Arrested Development.

I'm thinking that perhaps they need to play hardball with her and fast! Heaven forbid she has a child with Azan. A judge would declare him the more fit parent. And, what if he decides to take the child back to Morocco so that he could get the assistance of his mother and aunts? Great for the kid, but hell for Nicole and her family. Most likely there wouldn't be a darn thing she could do about it, either. 

Yes, they need to unleash some tough love with this girl.  Since the father offered to sponsor Azan to keep Nicole in the US, he needs to flat out tell Nicole that he now rescinds that offer.  If I were Nicole's mother, I'd also encourage her to leave Mae in the US.  Lastly, I'd drive her to the OB/GYN and witness the five year birth control implant being injected into her arm.  Mae seems to be Nicole's weapon to manipulate her family, so I'd work very hard to prevent her attaining a second weapon.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

OMG. I never even thought about that before, but that's actually highly probable. Especially given the number of men Nicole will go through before May is even into double digits.

Any child molester with washboard abs would have easy access.

Nicole's mother needs to wake the f*ck up and get permanent custody because Nicole never will wake up.

#SaveBabyMay

I never thought I would marvel at stupidity but good grief... If they get married, Nicole will be all smiles thinking that she's finally going to get laid every night, and Azan will have worked up some reason not to ever have sex with her. She just has no idea what she's in for. Everyone is telling her this is stupid, including the U.S. Government who denied his visa. And she refuses to get it. 

And, it would be the same way if she started dating a convicted sex offender. "Oh, but he's changed!"  "But he has a gym bod!" 

BTW, aesthetically, how does that even work, even for her? She finally gets alone with Azan, and there's his gym bod, but it's surrounded by her bod. Sinewy arms offset by great large flapping arms... ARGH! HELP! WASH MY BRAIN!!!!!!

What's even scarier to me this morning, looking back on this scenario is that Nicole had been putting on display for well over a year just how little she seems to care for her daughter. I wonder if her parents (Baby Huey's) ever thought of this possibility (In other ways than "God will protect us"). Because it's not after the fact that will be the time to be pro-active in protecting this child.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would totally respect David if he were working at Walmart or Costco, etc...and continue looking for something in his chosen field but I really hope in his next interview he does not do his Eyore imitation again.  Telling the interviewer all your health issues and that you are out of money is the fastest way to not get hired or maybe he wanted to blow the interview so he can still hang out with Annie.

Is David really going to be on the streets if he does not pay his rent?  It will be a first to have a homeless couple on 90 Day.

His education and experience may make him overqualified to be a Walmart greeter, but his personality and creepy manner of speaking--I can't put my finger on it (Weezer) but there is something oily about the way everything he says sounds like justification for something he shouldn't have done, spoken like someone who's accustomed to making excuses for himself, even when he's not making excuses for himself.  It's as if all his spoken words have the aim of convincing you of the inevitability and total common sense of whatever he's selling.

What I'm trying to say is that I think he's underqualified to work at Walmart or Costco, or in any job where he represents a retailer to the customer.  I know I would go out of my way to avoid shopping someplace where I know I'd have to interact, even in the most casual way, with someone like David.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Mothra said:

I have had a soft spot for grasping little trollish Anfisa because of the way she pronounces the "b" in "debt."  Now that her lips have gone down and she really did leave George, I think I genuinely like her.  It was hard to take her screeching and vandalism; she was behaving like a spoiled child who's been told she can't have the Barbie she wants.  As she told George, she *always* tells the truth, and you have to admire that among this crowd of liars and pretenders.  I wonder if she's beginning to realize that physically she's really nothing special in Los Angeles, although she has a rocking body, and has begun to adapt her life plans to accommodate the idea that she might not be able to capture the heart of a Leonardo diCaprio.  And I noticed this week that she has an unfortunate nose.  It's big for her face and gives her a rat-like profile.

I admire her for being willing to give George another chance, but on her terms.  I think (and I think she thinks) that if she can get George straightened out, he is her best chance for a comfortable, middle-class life.  Contrast her attitude with George's as he came trotting back to her, dick in hand.  She's no dummy and I'm not sure he realizes how smart she truly is.  I think she could probably make it on her own, but it will be easier with an American-born partner.

I am pro-Anfisa also. She may be grasping, but she's fully prepared to be pro-active and do what she can to improve her circumstances. No weeping and pouting for our Anfisa-she gets a license, a car, stays fit at the gym, and makes her way. I think she's taken Jorge back as insurance. She's looking for a new mark, and she'll make damn sure he can deliver the kind of life she wants before she jumps into anything. Meanwhile poor old hapless, feckless Jorge will be providing purses and shoes.

2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Pao sounds like she pronounces Russ as "Rose".

Yes, they need to unleash some tough love with this girl.  Since the father offered to sponsor Azan to keep Nicole in the US, he needs to flat out tell Nicole that he now rescinds that offer.  If I were Nicole's mother, I'd also encourage her to leave Mae in the US.  Lastly, I'd drive her to the OB/GYN and witness the five year birth control implant being injected into her arm.  Mae seems to be Nicole's weapon to manipulate her family, so I'd work very hard to prevent her attaining a second weapon.

If Nicole goes to Morocco she'll leave no stone unturned in her efforts to get pregnant. She wanted to get pregnant last time she visited but was thwarted by Azan's auntie. Thank goodness.

• Love 11

I couldn't get over the massive platters of crap food that Annie and David were eating.  He looks like he's a taco plate away from a massive heart attack- all the weight is back, he has huge bags under his eyes and now the stress of the injured son (who he has to admit he can't support now).  And BTW, if I had just been SHOT IN THE FACE and was returning home from the hospital, you'd be damn sure I would not want the camera crew there  chronicling my misery for junk TV.  Poor Jacob. 

Molly's "concern" about Olivia being away seemed to focus more on her not having an available weekend caregiver for Kensley rather than the fact that Olivia has grave concerns about Luis.  And the friend needs to go away.  Really? She's going to vilify the 17-year old daughter who broke down and left because "she doesn't want Molly to find love"?  Are these people on another planet? Even Molly's brother's "man-talk" with Luis ("you've got to be the man") did not come across as it should.  To me, be the man means assume some responsibility; I'm sure Luis took it as "you be in charge and tell the lady what to do."

Anfisa is acting out her role well- yes, I'm sure she misses Jorge and really wants to try- who wouldn't be longing for his sparkling personality, charismatic good looks and talent for witty conversation? The guy is so flat it makes me depressed just to watch him. 

One thing about Nicole I think we forget: her family MUST be at least in part bankrolling her trips to Morocco and application process.  I cannot imagine for a nanosecond that she has the cash to pay for tickets for both herself and May to get there.  So why don't they cut her off financially regarding the visa process? She gets her smug little smirk and says, "well, this is what I'm gonna do," and meanwhile lives in a hovel, works at best part-time as a barista and, according to her, is supporting Azan.  The numbers just ain't working out.  She is a child who tantrums and pouts to get her way; I would imagine that if parents and stepparents put their collective feet down and said, we can't afford anymore trips, she would be pissed off for awhile; but face it, she doesn't have the means to care for herself and May without a lot of family support and really wouldn't be able to up and move off and separate from them.  She is the type who will always need lots of financial, emotional and social support.  Her dad is a pushover (and I think that's where she inherited her IQ).

Pao and Russ are getting boring. I have never heard of a condition which would predispose a pregnant woman to have a child with "weak bones" based on her blood (the more she spoke the less I believed her); Russ is kind enough but he needs another kind, less aggressive spouse because all he comes across as is a total doormat.  His entire demeanor screams "kick me", and she does- gladly. 

Pedro and Chantal are quickly swirling the drain as she allows her family to continually harass him and he reaches the boiling point.  Unfair of me, but his horrible ability to communicate in English is becoming annoying. And what a ragtag bunch of family members is the Family Chantal!  We've got Mom, who really wishes she were in the fashion industry (cool vest), brother who really looks like a younger, more hostile version of Dad, rather ordinary Sister who's decided she wants her share of the TV action, and Chantal, who's pretty but so stiff you could snap her in half and has invested much more in her breasts and eyelashes than her education, it seems.  

I'm getting a kick out of the little intro poses the couples are doing prior to their segments.  Nicole stands by a lake in her denim jacket with a fierce look on her face.  The other couples all look like they're in standoff position.

• Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:19 AM, Mothra said:

That's the part that drives me nuts.  Even if--maybe especially if--Luis had been even vaguely interested in babysitting Kensley, the fact that she does not like him and makes no bones about it is the big red flag:  do not leave your kid with this guy.

And you know Molly is the type to not believe Kensley if she told her that Luis did anything while he was watching her.   I mean, she deserves to be happy and that's all that matters, amirite?  I mean, Kens is SIX!  She's put her happiness first long enough!

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Molly's "concern" about Olivia being away seemed to focus more on her not having an available weekend caregiver for Kensley rather than the fact that Olivia has grave concerns about Luis.  And the friend needs to go away.  Really? She's going to vilify the 17-year old daughter who broke down and left because "she doesn't want Molly to find love"?  Are these people on another planet?

I absolutely and without reservation loathe and detest Molly's buttinski friend. First she helps Molly stalk her teenage daughter to the place where she has fled for refuge. Then she butts in to Molly's conversation with Olivia several times. (I should have put conversation in quotes, because it was not a conversation. Every time Olivia opened her mouth Molly or her dipshit friend interrupted her). Then she says "give your mother a hug--she could use one!", all sweetness and light. Girl. Stop. Then that "Molly deserves love" monologue. Serioulsy? Of course she does. Everyone does. But not at the expense of the well being and happiness of her kids. Olivia is on the edge of a nervous breakdown and tiny Kensley is being shoved aside. It breaks my heart. Go on vacation and bang the bartender or the pool boy or whoever. Do not bring them home and inflict your boy toys on your kids. Sheesh.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

His education and experience may make him overqualified to be a Walmart greeter, but his personality and creepy manner of speaking--I can't put my finger on it (Weezer) but there is something oily about the way everything he says sounds like justification for something he shouldn't have done, spoken like someone who's accustomed to making excuses for himself, even when he's not making excuses for himself.  It's as if all his spoken words have the aim of convincing you of the inevitability and total common sense of whatever he's selling.

What I'm trying to say is that I think he's underqualified to work at Walmart or Costco, or in any job where he represents a retailer to the customer.  I know I would go out of my way to avoid shopping someplace where I know I'd have to interact, even in the most casual way, with someone like David.

Oily is a good word for it. I think he's been this way his entire life and had buffers to some extent (family connections, wife's job and money, etc.) Also, I don't see him being happy with the status quo there. I could see him getting into long, lingering unsolicited conversations with customers and doing things "his way." If I were a Walmart manager, I would have to give that a "no."

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol was still at work behind the scenes.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

If Nicole goes to Morocco she'll leave no stone unturned in her efforts to get pregnant. She wanted to get pregnant last time she visited but was thwarted by Azan's auntie. Thank goodness.

Yep. Nicole is desperate to hang on to Azan, and she probably figures a green card and a baby will clinch it. She uses May to manipulate her parents, but honestly, I think she would rather be alone with Azan so she can jump his bones 24/7. Since her parents have given in to EVERY SINGLE whim of hers, from sponsoring Azan to babysitting for May, she is pretty much free to do whatever she wants

• Love 4

I am not sure why Russ and Pao are still together other than he is delusional about their relationship and she needs help paying the bills until she finds a bigger fish to marry. Russ has to know Pao is likely never going to settle down and be happy as a wife and mom, living in a middle class home, organizing the school bake sale. She seems to want to be the spicy Latina who goes to all the hot Miami parties and who is wanted by all men. I am on the fence about the miscarriage as I don’t think Pao is that good of an actress but I also don’t believe her potential pregnancy issues because I couldn’t follow her explanation for the problem. I also think Pao has always been selfish but probably reserved most of it for her boyfriend of the moment so her family didn’t notice. 

Molly is all kinds of an idiot. Molly is another one who can’t act so when she looks confused she likely is confused and dumbfounded she put herself in this situation.  I think Luis is one of a long line of loser men Molly has dated but she was dumb enough to marry this one. I also don’t understand why she has said she needed a father for her kids when it’s now obvious Kensley has an involved father she visits regularly. Molly obviously does not worry about Kensley being with her father since she wanted him to switch weekends. It’s also obvious the idea of Luis watching Kensley was freaking Molly by how many times she mentioned vitamins like they are life saving drugs. 

Of course the email is fake and Nicole is too dumb to realize it. I am also wondering where the money is coming from. I have a professional job, with good pay, but I can’t afford to financially support a man in Morocco, fly to Morocco and spend a month there while still paying my bills at home. You know Nicole was paying for everything while there. Although, if Nicole does move there, I have no doubt she will quickly be arrested for breaking some type of law with how she talks, dresses and behaves. 

I feel like David can now use his son being shot as an excuse not to work because he is so stressed out. His son going to Texas means he can’t claim he is busy taking care of him and he loses the extra $200 a month. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Mothra said:

Oh, Azan has a job all right, and its name is Nicole.  The pay isn't great, but it's dependable.

I’d venture to bet that his job includes a few more women other than Nichole.   He can’t live on Nichole’s pittance alone.  

I think Nichole’s mother knows the score when it comes to Nichole.   Her father, I believe, is more of the enabler.   I don’t see her parents giving her money especially to Morocco but I do see them buying things for Mae.  Nichole probably gets some sort of assistance from the state and has a small income.  For all we know, the trips to Morocco were funded by TLC.   

If I remember the first show correctly, it was said that Mae spent most of her time with Nichole’s sister and mother.   I don’t think Nichole really takes care of her daughter.  It just looks that was on TV.  

I think Nichole’s parents are doing they best they can.   She is an adult and they really have no control over her.  It’s obvious her family are there for Mae.   I know many good parents who have crappy kids.   From what I have seen from Nichole, I think she has a personality disorder.   We’ve seen her sister and brother on  the show.  They seem to be well adjusted, mature and decent.   Nothing like Nichole.   So I think Robilee is more than capable in raising Mae, which I’m pretty is what happening IRL.     

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Oily is a good word for it. I think he's been this way his entire life and had buffers to some extent (family connections, wife's job and money, etc.) Also, I don't see him being happy with the status quo there. I could see him getting into long, lingering unsolicited conversations with customers and doing things "his way." If I were a Walmart manager, I would have to give that a "no."

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol was still at work behind the scenes.

I agree.  David comes off as a manipulative user and grifter to me. He has no intention in finding a job.  

• Love 9
(edited)

I just had a thought. If Nicole is a barely employed single mom with a child, she probably receives a stipend for housing that goes directly to her landlord. I don't know exactly how that works, but the thought occurs to me, the money goes directly to her landlord which is in this case, Grandpa...

Or does it?

Maybe he just funnels the money back to her, and because she's so dopey it winds up in Azan's hands?

Again, I don't know how subsidized housing works. I do know that Nicole is dopey enough to send all of her money to Azan, who has probably squirreled away both of their TLC paychecks in a Moroccan bank.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 2

Annie:  We have every type of food you could ever imagine.  Even in Louisville.  That's what happens after a few hundred years of immigration from around the globe.  Unless you really dig pemmican or elk, that diversity IS American food now.  

Pao:  Rh only really becomes an issue if you've had a previous pregnancy.  Like a bee allergy, it's the second one (and beyond) that's dangerous.  And the treatment has been around forever (my mom had it in the early 70s between brother 1 and 2).  And that might explain the last month of no communication, what about all the time before?  What happened to the shoe business she had with a brother?  She's just a selfish cow.  But I love me some Jhon.  I want more of him.

Chantel:  It really is her fault for lying in the beginning about why Pedro was in the US, but her family is actively blind to anything negative they do.  Pedro flat out asked why they acted that way at his Grandma's home and it immediately became "he's a user" accusations.  If I were drunk, with people I hate who are always against me, and my spouse never takes my side, I'd also probably speak out of turn about going back to my home, alone, where people are nice to me.  P.S. "harvesting" should only be used in regards to organs.  I had a moment of hope that Mother Chantel had really gone that crazy.  Not like it would be much of a leap after voodoo, wild dogs, and the militia.

Nicole:  I love how Azan didn't actually agree to diddly, but Nicole ran with it anyways.  Airfare to get her and May to Morocco would be around $1700, which is a buttload of Starbucks.  Is it wrong that I think the best case scenario here might be for them to go to Morocco, May is with Azan and his family (who adore her), and Nicole mysteriously never returns from a trip to the desert?

Just now, CoachWristletJen said:

I just had a thought. If Nicole is a barely employed single mom with a child, she probably receives a stipend for housing that goes directly to her landlord. I don't know exactly how that works, but the thought occurs to me, the money goes directly to her landlord which is in this case, Grandpa...

Or does it?

Maybe he just funnels the money back to her, and because she's so dopey it winds up in Azan's hands?

Again, I don't know how subsidized housing works. I do know that Nicole is dopey enough to send all of her money to Azan, who has probably squirreled away both of their TLC paychecks in a Moroccan bank.

My father owns a property that is approved for Section 8.  How it works is that the tenant is responsible for a small portion of the rent, which they pay to the landlord, and the majority is paid from the state directly to the landlord.  If you have an in with the landlord (like he's your grandpa), he can completely cut you a check.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Annie:  We have every type of food you could ever imagine.  Even in Louisville.  That's what happens after a few hundred years of immigration from around the globe.  Unless you really dig pemmican or elk, that diversity IS American food now.  

We do have every type of food here in the US, but access to quality food in the US is heavily dependent on income. A full service grocery store, if it even exists in a low income area, is not going to stock the same types of fresh produce and wide array of dining options.  I had a big wake up call when we ended up in Elloree, SC to watch the eclipse last summer. It's a charming little country town with a beautiful little park, but a sadly decaying downtown area that was 3/4 empty. We stopped at the local IGA to get some picnic provisions - the pre chopped, bagged lettuce was brown at the edges. There was no fresh lettuce outside of a prepared bag. Fresh veggies were all a little tired looking. There was no deli counter. What lunch meats there were were all heavily processed bolognas, salamis, head cheese , etc.. There were no nitrate free options. Bread was all white.  It reminded me of an IGA from the late 70s.  I really felt like I stepped back in time to being a little kid at the county IGA. 

This little grocery store was the only on for about 15 miles, but there were tons of fast food place just a spell down the road. 

Louisville is a big city, but Annie and David may live in poorer area where the options are more limited, Or they may have to shop at stores like Food Lion of Dollar General because they are more budget friendly. Sure, they could get in the car and drive to a better grocery store, but if lazy Dave is bothering to clip coupons, I doubt he is spending gas money to find the best deal on persimmons across town. ;-) 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

I am not sure why Russ and Pao are still together other than he is delusional about their relationship and she needs help paying the bills until she finds a bigger fish to marry. Russ has to know Pao is likely never going to settle down and be happy as a wife and mom, living in a middle class home, organizing the school bake sale. She seems to want to be the spicy Latina who goes to all the hot Miami parties and who is wanted by all men.

Pao has made it clear that not only is she never, ever moving back to Oklahoma (a sentence tantamount to death according to her) but she's also probably never going to leave Miami. I don't know if Russ realizes this, or if he really thinks that he can change her mind. Maybe he's content to live the rest of his life the way that they currently operate, being under-employed in a place that he hates that is far from his family. They are living her life. In my opinion, their marriage has an expiration date but I do wonder how much of his life Russ is willing to throw away on it. I would love to know what his/her/their 5-year plan is. Hopefully, the host will ask them at the reunion.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

I can't put my finger on it (Weezer) but there is something oily about the way everything he says sounds like justification for something he shouldn't have done, spoken like someone who's accustomed to making excuses for himself, even when he's not making excuses for himself.  It's as if all his spoken words have the aim of convincing you of the inevitability and total common sense of whatever he's selling.

What you describe feels to me like an alcoholic's M.O.

• Love 3

Azans family was very nice to Nicole and Mae. But when Nicole shows up wedding dress in hand and thinking she’s going to be staying for up to a year, let’s see how nice they are. Same with Mae(though I believe Mae is not going). 

• Love 5

It’s also obvious the idea of Luis watching Kensley was freaking Molly by how many times she mentioned vitamins like they are life saving drugs. 

You're right, it's not like she was saying that Kensley needs regular medications like insulin! 

• Love 4

It’s also obvious the idea of Luis watching Kensley was freaking Molly by how many times she mentioned vitamins like they are life saving drugs. 

6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

You're right, it's not like she was saying that Kensley needs regular medications like insulin! 

When I was a kid, my mother would refer to my father's medication as vitamins. When he would have an episode, she would tell us "he didn't take his vitamins". She didn't want anyone knowing he was taking pills for his conditions. Maybe Kensley takes pills (like Ritalin or whatever they feed kids these days) and Molly don't want everyone on national TV to know that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

We do have every type of food here in the US, but access to quality food in the US is heavily dependent on income. A full service grocery store, if it even exists in a low income area, is not going to stock the same types of fresh produce and wide array of dining options.  I had a big wake up call when we ended up in Elloree, SC to watch the eclipse last summer. It's a charming little country town with a beautiful little park, but a sadly decaying downtown area that was 3/4 empty. We stopped at the local IGA to get some picnic provisions - the pre chopped, bagged lettuce was brown at the edges. There was no fresh lettuce outside of a prepared bag. Fresh veggies were all a little tired looking. There was no deli counter. What lunch meats there were were all heavily processed bolognas, salamis, head cheese , etc.. There were no nitrate free options. Bread was all white.  It reminded me of an IGA from the late 70s.  I really felt like I stepped back in time to being a little kid at the county IGA. 

This little grocery store was the only on for about 15 miles, but there were tons of fast food place just a spell down the road. 

Louisville is a big city, but Annie and David may live in poorer area where the options are more limited, Or they may have to shop at stores like Food Lion of Dollar General because they are more budget friendly. Sure, they could get in the car and drive to a better grocery store, but if lazy Dave is bothering to clip coupons, I doubt he is spending gas money to find the best deal on persimmons across town. ;-) 

My point was more that she said all American food sucks and the Mexican wasn't American.  Trust me, I understand the frustration of trying to eat well while poor.  Cooking at home is definitely the way to go.  And the coupon thing was hilarious.  You like salmon so let's get some shoved in a can and a notch above cat food!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I'm getting a kick out of the little intro poses the couples are doing prior to their segments.  Nicole stands by a lake in her denim jacket with a fierce look on her face.  The other couples all look like they're in standoff position.

I laugh every time they show Nicole's! 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

My point was more that she said all American food sucks and the Mexican wasn't American.  Trust me, I understand the frustration of trying to eat well while poor.  Cooking at home is definitely the way to go.  And the coupon thing was hilarious.  You like salmon so let's get some shoved in a can and a notch above cat food!

And the point I was trying to make was from what Annie has probably been exposed to, she probably does hate everything American. And at whatever "Mexican" place they were eating at was probably way more Americanized than anything having to do with Mexico. It's like saying that McDonald's hamburger is on part with a gourmet burger place like, say, Company Burger in good ol'e New Orleans. ;-) 

I don't think she was being hateful or ungrateful. She was just frustrated. 

Charming as that little SC town was, I would be pretty depressed if I had been plopped down in the middle of it with only an IGA at my disposal and the KFC, MacDonald's and Burger King for Saturday night splurges. 

Canned salmon isn't so bad. My mother used to work wonders with it.  Being picky is a privilege. ;-) 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'd drive her to the OB/GYN and witness the five year birth control implant

OMG, that would be great!  Her father should have insisted on birth control before he forked over the money for the K1 process.

• Love 6

I'm glad her name is CeAir. Somehow, SeaAir was really making me laugh. It also made me think of one of my favorite Spanish names. Marisol is such a lovely name to my ears, but I'm pretty sure I would laugh on the inside if I met an American with the literal name Sea&Sun. Honestly, though, I hope that they are using birth control. Both sets of in-laws are making it toxic, and somehow I trust Pedro less and less. I think that while he does care deeply for his wife, he doesn't know what it means to be married - at least not yet. Plus, they jumped in so quickly, they are still in the dating period despite being married. So, I hope they wait on kids until they figure things out. 

I agree with the poster's who said Molly's friend can just go shut up somewhere. I mean, really, how is Luis good for anyone? Even the sex can't be that great, with all the stress and baggage it brings. Now, I'm not a parent, so I admit this is personal judgement and not real life - but I can't imagine anyone who has kids not at least advocating for balance. I'm not saying kids only have to come first in everything, but I would imagine that they would always be top of mind priority. MrNenya and I went through a rough patch, and we actually talked about how to handle my niece who adores MrNenya. We wouldn't want her to be yanked away from a person she cares about. And she isn't even our kid! 

Again - just keep Luis as your lover. He obviously is not interested in being a father. And a kid shouldn't be forced into that. Like she said, she has a dad. Maybe he isn't the best dad, but he's her dad. 

Was Molly married to either of the fathers? I almost get the feeling she was so excited by the thought of being married she didn't care about anything else. Sadly, not even the kids. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Landlord said:

Maybe Kensley takes pills (like Ritalin or whatever they feed kids these days) and Molly don't want everyone on national TV to know that.

very possible! 

27 minutes ago, nenya said:

Was Molly married to either of the fathers? I almost get the feeling she was so excited by the thought of being married she didn't care about anything else.

She as much as admitted that she was desperate to have a WEDDING last season and didn't seem interested in the marriage part. They showed her giddily gown shopping and planning the big day although Luis showed no interest in the process. Then it turned out they had already had a secret courthouse wedding and were legally married. I don't think they ever had the public ceremony due to Molly kicking him out. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

What you describe feels to me like an alcoholic's M.O.

I think so, too. And the very heavy drinking that we saw last season doesn't usually just stop by itself. I get many, many people can go from being very sloppy drunk and troublesome to cold stone sober day-in and day-out, but David Pour doesn't exactly strike me as being a self-starter in this area or any other area for that matter.

I'm surprised we haven't seen him drunk (although the season is young).  They don't have much money, but I'm sure there's an alcohol budget and he doesn't look like they're hurting for groceries, either.

2 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

I laugh every time they show Nicole's! 

IKR? It's a mirror image to Danielle's solitary stance with the gritty RR tracks playing in the background.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I absolutely and without reservation loathe and detest Molly's buttinski friend. First she helps Molly stalk her teenage daughter to the place where she has fled for refuge. Then she butts in to Molly's conversation with Olivia several times. (I should have put conversation in quotes, because it was not a conversation. Every time Olivia opened her mouth Molly or her dipshit friend interrupted her). Then she says "give your mother a hug--she could use one!", all sweetness and light. Girl. Stop. Then that "Molly deserves love" monologue. Serioulsy? Of course she does. Everyone does. But not at the expense of the well being and happiness of her kids. Olivia is on the edge of a nervous breakdown and tiny Kensley is being shoved aside. It breaks my heart. Go on vacation and bang the bartender or the pool boy or whoever. Do not bring them home and inflict your boy toys on your kids. Sheesh.

Molly seems to have a tendency to surround herself with paid lackeys who tell her what she wants to hear. I suppose Cynthia is her business partner "50/50" but still may have a vested interest in catering to her narcissism and b.s. just the way that her hairdresser and makeup artist do. Not sure what other "friends" she has. Oh, and Molly's mom is a snake.

• Love 2