Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

David and Annie edit seems off? First the son is moving in with him because he has nowhere to go? David and Annie state they do not talk to his older daughter at all.

Then we see David and Annie walking poor Jacob down the hall to his sister's. After a few minutes time, talking with his daughter poor Jacob says it is time for him to sleep and he goes into a bedroom at the sister's house. The whole time David's granddaughter is hugging and laying in Annie's lap. This does not seem like a child that has only met Annie once at a wedding? I think Jacob was staying with his sister after the accident and David just came by to visit.  It also seems weird that Jacob is going back to be with his mom who is suddenly so stable, who has an excellent job as a critical care nurse, insurance and a home? and a few weeks earlier David says she dumped him off with no where to go? I had heard rumors that the ex wife was on her honeymoon (David said she got remarried) when Jacob got shot. I can believe now that David or TLC made up the whole the mom dumped him  and I took him in when in reality the mom was gone on her honeymoon and her absence was taken advantage of for a storyline.

I think Paolo had miscarriage and was sad about it but either does not have all the facts yet or took one thing the dr said and is focusing on some worse case situation. Taking a pregnancy test and having a miscarriage 2 days later is usually a chemical pregnancy. It is very common with first pregnancy. If she is Rh negative there are Rhogam shots for that, I have a clotting disorder and had to take blood thinning shots to stay pregnant. It is not ideal but honestly most of my worry was cost of the shots(like if insurance stopped paying for it after my 2nd trimester it was about $1200 each refill) , not a bruise or pain. 

Paola certainly seemed to stretch her stories about her life in America. Like Russ lost his job and she had to move to Miami to get money to support them? Russ and her were fine in OK after he lost his job. They had a nice home and he had 1 year severance pay and he had job offers just not where she liked. Then she says she could not visit till she worked and saved enough for the tickets for her and Russ?? Russ was never without pay between the severance and the new job. Paola wasted thousands on trips to Miami and then paying rent in Miami just for her, forgetting about the money for the pictures, the agency and the $450 hair. One ticket from Miami to Columbia can be bought for one trip to the hairdresser. 

I hope one of those family members helps keep Mae behind in the US. If Nicole has dreams of running off for a year to Morocco let her but leave Mae behind. 

I was surprised the Molly was driving tonight? She has always been driven around and I had seen a few people on this forum and other places say she does not have a  DL. I think her story is getting a weird edit. I think (and hope) her brother or another family member was with Kensley. Remember Molly has a few seasons of her own reality show. I think she knows how to carry a storyline. She was telling Luis he had to take care of Kensley like it was school days she was leaving, pack her lunch, check her home work etc. Then Luis asks why Kensley is not going to be with her dad for the weekend(which most parents would switch it they had work), and molly had mentioned it was a work 3 day weekend convention. If Molly leaves on a Friday and comes home on a Sunday, there is not too much homework or packing school lunches. I think Molly wanted another season of the show and created this whole I am going to try to make Luis be a good stepfather as the story line but she knows he is not interested and she is just prolonging breaking up. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Paola is probably Rh negative (10% of women are). Women that are Rh negative have devastating problems carrying a baby to term unless the man is also Rh negative. Pao already had a miscarriage, which means she's already sensitized. It's not good news.

I think this problem was solved about 60 years ago. :)  Probably even longer than that.  

2 hours ago, MsSilverSpecs said:

At 28 weeks, you get a RHogam shot and at birth if the baby is born Rh positive, you get another. It's not end of the world devestating like it would be before that shot was available.

Thar ya go.   My mother was RH-, I was born RH+......and I'm old.  Hasn't been a deal for many years as far as I know.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, dyanad said:

Am I the only one that sees Chantel's family point of view? Yes, they contributed to the mess in the DR, but his family contributed to that shit show too and Pedro refuses to acknowledge that part! Chantel's family get off the plane and the first thing they hear from his family is "where is the TV". Knowing Pedro and Chantel are struggling with living costs, bills, etc. and all his family is concerned about is where are my things. It would be very off putting to me as well. And yes, it would raise concerns. Now, Pedro acting shady AF with these plans that he has that he has not and apparently DOES NOT want to talk to Chantel about is not a good look. I see it as he does not want to talk in front of Chantel's family because he wants to be able to sweet talk and lie to her and ultimately push her to do things his way (which he has done all along - especially with regards to his family and money). He isn't in a marriage or equals, he sees his money as his and her money and theirs. There is something really fishy and it stinks a lot

Every word, 100%.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Paola is probably Rh negative (10% of women are). Women that are Rh negative have devastating problems carrying a baby to term unless the man is also Rh negative. Pao already had a miscarriage, which means she's already sensitized. It's not good news.

There is treatment for that, a shot of gamma globulin after a birth or miscarriage (at least that’s what they did 35 years ago).  There shouldn’t be any problems. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Didn't she say that the miscarriage was two days before they left for Colombia? 

I’ve had 5 miscarriages, and i can say from experience that if she just had the miscarriage 2 days before her trip, there’s no way she’d be wearing that skintight white dress that she wore to see her grandmother! As much as Paola annoys me, though, I do feel for her- miscarriages suck! But I think Russ and Pao are completely mismatched, and she seems completely unwilling to compromise with him, so I don’t think a baby would help their situation. 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, steff13 said:

I missed what was "wrong" with her blood?  

Me too.  The only "blood type" issues I've ever heard of are rH issues, and don't they typically kick in after a third pregnancy?  Anybody else hear of other "blood type" problems?

9 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

And while I miss Mother Chantel’s tiny ineffectual hats, at least we have Father Chantel’s tiny, ineffectual mustache to fill that comic void.

Neck and neck race with Nicole's father's weird beard.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, spacefly said:

I do not understand how Molly can even think leaving Kinsley home with Luis is acceptable. I sure hope her brother is going to be around. Maybe if Olivia was there because you know she would be the caretaker but just Luis, no way.

I was cringing the whole time over this. I still think Luis is a pedophile which could be the reason Kinsley recoils from him so obviously. Molly keeps trying to force Luis into something he does not want! 

I noticed Pao was dressing very conservatively around her family. Which made me wonder about that whole thing on the first morning. she was in the US coming down to breakfast in front of Russ's parents wearing nearly nothing!

And about Chantel's family. They said the whole weekend was about mending things as a family, looked to me more like them ambushing Chantel AGAIN! while she was basically trapped there. Could be because Pedro put NOTHING into this "family" weekend, hiding downstairs the whole time. But I do agree with them that he is just using chantel to make money in the states. Especially since he basically admitted that while he was drunk. Wake up Chantel! He is NOT worth it. 

OMG, poor May. That clueless lazy "mom" of hers. She asked if May wanted to go back to Morroco and May clearly said NO. Yet she wants to take her there for a year? There really si something suspicious about the whole K1 visa denial...

1 hour ago, Mar78 said:

I’ve had 5 miscarriages, and i can say from experience that if she just had the miscarriage 2 days before her trip, there’s no way she’d be wearing that skintight white dress that she wore to see her grandmother! As much as Paola annoys me, though, I do feel for her- miscarriages suck! But I think Russ and Pao are completely mismatched, and she seems completely unwilling to compromise with him, so I don’t think a baby would help their situation. 

Pao married Russ so she could get to Miami for her "modeling" career. When she was going on and on about how beautiful and wonderful Columbia was and how terrible Oklahoma was, I wanted to scream at her, "Then just stay home bitch".. You get a golden opportunity of being able to come to America and all you do is talk about how wonderful your country is. I noticed Annie was doing some of that last nite as well. 

• Love 10

Nicole's lawyer told her about the K-3 visa being an option.

Nicole's body was all slumped over and she cried in the office until her lawyer told her then immediately she sat up straight and got plan B turning in her head. She decided to go to Morocco and get married and bring Azan back within thirty-five second of being told this wonderful news, Azan didn't need to agree or even know anything about it.

When she went to tell her family she had her back all straight and her attitude tight because no one was going to stand in her way of doing something she didn't even know was an option until two hours ago. I can't remember if she had even talked to Azan at this point. 

Her body language says it all and she used May as a pawn already knowing how much it would upset everyone.

I would say poor Azan look out, but he is player who met his match. Why he has not just ran and disappeared before now is a mystery.

The most punchable face for me is Chantel's dad. That constant condescending smirk. Tiny man syndrome.

• Love 17

Annie is becoming quite unlikable.  David is a loser, but he was quite clear in Thailand and told her he had no money.  I don't know why it would suddenly be different once he returned to the (more expensive) USA.  Her family is delusional if they think they will ever see a penny more of the over-inflated dowry.

If Annie doesn't like American food so much, she can stay home and cook Thai food all day.  It's not like there is anything else to do. 

Chantel's eyelashes are distracting!

• Love 14

I'm really wondering why no one has CPS looking into the Nicole parenting. This is just getting way out of control.  It seems that since she got away with her temper tantrums and shoving Azan around earlier in his country, that she'll continue to get the same treatment, but, after marriage to him, it might not work that way.  I wonder if a big old dose of reality would actually impact her or if she would just stay in denial. I honestly don't think she has the mental stability or maturity to be making major decisions for a child. The message about the Visa status likely bogus.   The attorney advice for her to just go to another country and marry seemed quite bizarre.  It could have many impacts on you as a woman, mother, citizen, etc. Odd, she didn't seem to get a full consult, that we saw.  I wonder why attorney didn't discuss a Waiver. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/waivers.html

I totally get Chantel's family and think that they have really bent over backwards to accommodate Pedro.  He's so insolent.  His every fiber seems to be miserable. I'll never see what Chantel saw in him in the first place and I bet her family can't either, though, they sure seem to keep an open mind and provide positive support. When someone is as blind as Chantel, I'm not sure there is anything that would deter her from staying the course, but, if Pedro has his way, she may have no choice. I can't help but feel that not too far down the road, Chantel will view this whole thing as a very bad dream. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Like I said, though, she can google it the way she apparently googled herself a husband. She Skypes her mom so we know she has internet access on her phone. It's annoying to hear that kind of ignorance; it implies that anyone in a rural area with a low income is ignorant and can't help it, and we know that's not true. People were saying how Nicole should have done some basic research before going to Morocco, and I agree. It's not hard to get a clue these days, and if you intend to marry someone from another culture, how could you not at least try?

I agree with this.  Even if David is taking her to "Dennys" or similar places, there are lighter options and meals you can get that don't involve fries.  Plus- they live in a city.  They aren't in the sticks.  I'm sure even in Kentucky (with all of the stereotypes that place holds) there are stores and restaurants that sell things other than what is deep-fried. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, seniorpatriot said:

I noticed Pao was dressing very conservatively around her family. Which made me wonder about that whole thing on the first morning. she was in the US coming down to breakfast in front of Russ's parents wearing nearly nothing!

I noticed that too, covered from head to toe so she could tell her sob story and be taken seriously. She's something else.

• Love 6

David appears to be in poor health.  Obviously, that is not a priority with him.  Would his wife be entitled to Veteran's benefits in case of his death? I doubt he could get life insurance at this point. I didn't understand why a 4 year stay abroad prevents him from obtaining employment.  I think that prospective employer was just BSing.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Fair point.

Also I noticed her sisters didn't exactly look like they were moved by what she had to say.

Here's what I think. She was very happy to be pregnant, but perhaps she didn't think through everything that raising a baby would entail... meaning, thinking of another little person. Sadly, she never had the opportunity to think it through because she lost the baby quickly after she heard the news.  And, I do think she was genuinely saddened and grieving that loss.

There is no way in HELL that Pao would mess up her body for something like a baby. I didn't believe a word of it. If her "modeling" is just now taking off, why would she even possibly be trying for a baby? Nope the whole thing was to make her family feel sorry for her so she wouldn't get chewed out more about her not contacting them. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, vimsa3 said:

Well my two cents on Anfisa is very different from what the majority thinks. I am from an Eastern Europeen country and actually understand her a lot better. Jorge is a piece of shit in my opinion. He lies all the time and makes Anfisa crazy on purpose! I know how she feels because my husband is the same! He is the nice guy, the oh so fantastic guy who is kind doesn’t speak much like a lost little flower in the hands of this horrible women (me). He’s mother told him that she can’t sleep at night because she is so worried about how I treat him... this is what I have to live with everyday where everyone thinks I am like Anfisa. The truth is that my husband can be a right ass! Now we have been together for many years but specially in the first four years it was bad! He drank every day and he just didn’t stop when he first started. He missed his job because of being too drunk in the mornings! So because I loved him I said to him that enough is enough I tell you when enough is enough. So that was our rule. After that he also became a domestic abuser. One time he was so drunk he hit me and screamed I am going to kill you. He has broken mirrors and hit holes in the walls wile not even being drunk! But I still stayed! Now our life is great both have good job and a new huge house and nice cars. But everyone still thinks that I am like Anfisa a cold bitch that wants his money and that I am controlling and horrible because he is such a nice boy!! Nobody knows how he really is! Nobody ! And he also drove me crazy like that and then acting all innocent!

so I know my story is long but I feel for her. I also acted like someone cold often because I never betrayed him but it was not easy and still not telling anyone his real self. So when people asked when we should get married I just said with cold eyes will see. Maybe never.. he also didn’t defend me when his family called me a gold digger.. and yes I also have a huge diamond ring and nice expensive purses. But they don’t mean anything when you’re husband is like an ass and then pretending he is mister nice guy!

Sorry you’ve experienced domestic violence  That’s awful, and that should be reason enough to leave. You choose to stay. Just like Anfisa has chosen to give Jorge a chance (or two, or five)  

i understand it isn’t easy to leave a significant other, but we are lucky enough to be capable and strong women and we should be standing up for ourselves and not putting up with any sort of unfair or abusive treatment. 

There is only so far people can feel sorry for someone that chooses to remain in their situation   It is a choice. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

I'm sure even in Kentucky (with all of the stereotypes that place holds) there are stores and restaurants that sell things other than what is deep-fried. 

Yep, grocery stores...plenty of them and full to the brim.  She could be cooking.  It's cheaper than eating out too.

• Love 13

I wonder if Chantel's Spanish is as bad as Pedro's English.  Honestly, he's been in the States for how long now, and every word he says "in English" still has to be close-captioned?  Same with Annie.  If you're looking to stay here and get a decent job, you should at least be able to communicate in the language of the country where you live.

We were laughing out loud at David's job interview.  It was almost like a youtube video on how NOT to present yourself at an interview.  And, wow - his butt is about to be able to apply for its own zip code.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

As much as I am no Pao fan and only lukewarm on Annie, I will give them a bit of a pass on this one. My husband is German, and we ended up living in Germany for a few years, as some here may recall. My mother is French, so I get Europe. I love Europe.  And I speak German. Living in Germany was a great experience, and my husband is a pretty understanding and helpful guy. HOWEVER adjustments are hard. Giving up your job, your friends, your wider social circle, your culture, and a lot of your independence (until you get acclimated) is hard. I never loved America so much or missed it so hard as those first few months readjusting my whole life. You miss the familiar and you do idealize what was familiar or comfortable. 

Agreed.  I moved from one area to another...IN THE SAME STATE, and still miss the original area.  On the other hand, I didn't badmouth the new area.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Penelope5 said:

Sorry you’ve experienced domestic violence  That’s awful, and that should be reason enough to leave. You choose to stay. Just like Anfisa has chosen to give Jorge a chance (or two, or five)  

i understand it isn’t easy to leave a significant other, but we are lucky enough to be capable and strong women and we should be standing up for ourselves and not putting up with any sort of unfair or abusive treatment. 

There is only so far people can feel sorry for someone that chooses to remain in their situation   It is a choice. 

Yes I agree I choose to give him a last chance. But it was not without certain criteria’s! One of them was that he had to go to a psychiatrist and get his anger issues under control. If not I would leave. Well actually I did leave for two days. He did everything I asked him to do and as written we have great life now it was just a bumpy road to get here. But his parents still treat me like jorges family treat Anfisa! I think that would I’ve known how this is going to be I would have left!

i know our history is different what I wanted to highlight with it is that Jorge is not an innocent man child like everyone thinks! He is cunning and down right nasty to her! Then tlc jumps on it when she explodes showing how “mentally unstable “ she is! If my husband would say he is going to the garage and then I see him driving of to an appointment I would also be furious!! Mine did a similar thing we were invited on New Year’s Eve to a party I was getting ready and dressed and I thought he was upstairs resting. Ready on time I called for him no answer went upstairs empty.. called him on the phone he had left for like two hours ago without telling me!!  He was over half an hour away and not dressed! So we were more then an hour to late for the invitation. When we got there he was just like women you know how long time it takes for them to be ready! Well let’s say I was really close making a scene!!!

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That interview was cringeworthy. How does a man his age not know how to comport himself during an interview?

doesn't matter...it was a bogus interview anyway.  What employer is going to agree to TLC cameras being there?

• Love 13
(edited)
11 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

I do think Chantel's family is on to something. But they should stay out of it. She's a grown woman. It's her choice to follow Pedro to financial ruin. I agree with Pedro. The family is very fake and annoying.

I feel really bad for David's son. You seen Annie's callous nature with that, because she was just like oh he got shot but he's okay. Now what about my dowry. That local politician looked like a real TV politician, didn't he? David is such a dope but Annie is really annoying. This season you realize they both deserve each other. Annie wasn't gonna do any better. And the fam is never getting that 15k, but I guess they don't really care.

There may be something fishy going on with Family Pedro, but Family Chantel is SO paranoid that they'll keep digging until they find something, whether it's a non-issue or not ,and latch on to it and not let go.

As for David,  I think Annie was just trying to calm him down.  I say "It will be OK" to my husband a lot, even though I often don't believe it.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I didn't understand why a 4 year stay abroad prevents him from obtaining employment.  I think that prospective employer was just BSing.  

The job market is tough now, despite all of the crowing that it's really good.  Employers can be really picky now.  I saw a job my husband would be good at, but they said that you had to have a "gapless" work history, and your past 3 employers must all speak highly of you - that kills it right there.  My husband struggles with a 6 month gap (I can't imagine 4 years gap) on his employment record.  He searched for a job the whole time, but didn't have much luck.  We explain it as minor medical issues which are now fine, then working with OVR, who determined he should go to school for a license endorsement, which he did, and then he went back to work (to a job who just laid him off because they're seasonally slow - back to square one, because he can't draw unemployment yet).  Thankfully, with some work experience back on his record (even 6 months) and one employer who speaks well of him ahead of the one who tried to destroy his life, we got some bites and are hoping like crazy something comes through this week - he had interviews at two places that are both good opportunities.  David would probably qualify with OVR as he's had a stroke and is apparently a veteran, and they can offer incentives to prospective employers to take a chance on him. They would also go over with him what NOT to say in interviews, etc.  Plus, he was going for a government job, and likely trying to call up past name-drop opportunities.  Considering that David was a bit disgraced with some dealings, no government office will touch him.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 12

Did I misunderstand or did Molly say this was the dad's weekend with Kensley and she specifically asked him to switch with her?  If so, that is seriously messed up.   "Let's see how Luweese handles a weekend alone as a stepdad!"  What an idiot.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who briefly thought Family Chantel was accusing Family Pedro of harvesting organs lol

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Marilee said:

Nicole dragging May back to Morocco to marry a man that basically can’t stand her? Bad Idea! Nicole trying to explain to her mom why the K-3 is the best choice for their relationship reminds me of a child trying to convince their parents to let them get a puppy. “I promise I’ll take care of it, you won’t have to worry I’ll do everything! Please, please, please!!” And can someone introduce Nicole to dry shampoo?

David spilling his guts about his 4 year sex-cation in Thailand and his sad sob story to a potential employer Bad Idea!

Family Chantel and Pedro mixing alcohol and a mutual hatred for each other? Bad Idea!!

Molly leaving Kinsley with Luis? Really. Bad. Idea. She needs a smack in the head.

May even said she didn't want to go back to Morocco! Nicole has made up her mind....wanting her man comes first.  No one can talk her out of it. The last time she visited with May he was SO relieved when she got on that plane to leave.  How will it work out for a year not to mention supporting Nicole and May without a job.  She can't wait to get the official paperwork that will provide a reason for the denial?  What if he is a convicted felon?

Yeah Davide if you really want a job, first of all don't bring a camera crew.  Plus why mention the stroke and all the negative things that have happened.  You've got to spin those 4 years in a positive way. No one is going to hire him with those kind of comments.

Molly knows it is wrong to leave Kinsley with Luis. She isn't quite there yet admitting this whole Luis thing was a mistake.  Basically he is a 3rd child, not ready for marriage, to be a step-dad, a job or even making an effort around the house.  He's too young and immature for her, let's face it.

• Love 8

Well, at least the question of the season has been answered.  Nicole does, in fact, have a kitchen.  You'd think she'd at least make an effort to clean the place a little bit since she actually has cameras in the place if Mae isn't reason enough.  And whoever threw out the idea that her face looks like mashed  potatoes, thanks so much for that.  Every time I see her stupid face now, I'm like, it does look like mashed potatoes.  

I cannot believe how her family humors her in her decision-making.  It should be clear to them she cannot and should not be left to her own devices.  Glad to hear Grandpa is finally going to tell her how it is.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Apparently they all got together and made breakfast just so they could get an early start on trashing Pedro, which appears to be the favorite activity of Family Chantel. She already said he was sleeping in. So they all sit around and don't eat breakfast while they complain about him sleeping in. Then they blame him for the food being cold. Then its another round of "We don't trust him". I don't blame him for getting drunk. In his shoes I would spend the whole weekend hammered. The whole family is constantly ganging up on him. I'm sure they're hoping that he'll eventually throw in the towel and head back to the DR. Then they'll not only be able to be free of their troublesome son-in-law, who, as a poor person from an underdeveloped country, was utterly beneath the oh so classy and respectable Chantels, but they'll be able to claim the moral high ground and tell Chantel "I told you so" a hundred times a day. I don't doubt that they have their sights on a nice young funeral director or dentist for their princess.

and from LilaFowler:

Chantal/Pedro: I don't believe that Pedro's mother is "harvesting the American dollar" or using Pedro and/or Chantal. The weird, slow-talking Family Chantal has never given Pedro or his family a chance. Ever. They ruined the trip to the DR and disrespected his grandmother ("this is where the militia lives" -- omfg). They are unsophisticated yet snobby suburbanites and it's embarrassing to watch. They are doing their best to ruin Chantal's marriage. Chantal needs to wake up and stop dragging Pedro along to these things until her family can go a week without interrogating him or accusing him of fraud. The guy works two manual labor jobs and then has to spend his time off with those people. I don't blame him for getting drunk and staying in his room. 

THIS a million times!  And on a more shallow note, those false eyelashes Chantal tries to see through are completely Ridiculous!!!

• Love 11
10 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

While I don't wish actual infertility on Paola, I definitely hope she's never able to conceive with Russ, so it will be easier for him to run far away from her and never look back. She's horrible.

Annie hates American food because it's "all hamburgers and fries" or whatever. Could we please be more ignorant and miserable? How about this: I hate Thai food because it is literally only Pad Thai and nothing else and therefore I hate it.* They may not have much money for eating out, but I know that girl can use the internet to find an American husband so she can use it to figure out American cuisine, too.

I still have no use for Anfisa. So she's honest, whoop-de-doo. That's a bare minimum human decency thing. She's also rude, belligerent, and greedy. I'll never respect a gold digger just because she admits she's a gold digger, and I won't feel bad for her if she digs in an empty mine. She's young, attractive-adjacent, and speaks at least two major languages -- she could get all kinds of real jobs that pay her for "honest" work. If she'd rather take the risk of betting her economic future on a guy who claims to be rich, oh well. I'll conserve my sympathy for the young women back in Russia who live in terrible conditions with no access to education or a better future. 

*I don't actually think this.

That irritated me, also her line last season that she thought everyone in America has a big house and fancy car. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, MsSilverSpecs said:

I'm RH negative, my husband is positive. I had no issues carrying to term (3 kids). At 28 weeks, you get a RHogam shot and at birth if the baby is born Rh positive, you get another. It's not end of the world devestating like it would be before that shot was available.

Either way, miscarriage is awful and I feel for Pao on this one.

My parents are the same and had eight kids. No complications. And from what my mom told me the first pregnancy isn’t usually a problem. Even so, I still dont believe she had a miscarriage.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Azan's reaction = crickets. He is panicking.

It's also funny to me that he's not quick enough to think of an excuse on the fly.

I keep falling into this trap of assuming he's smarter than he actually is because he's always shown next to her.

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, Palomar said:

May even said she didn't want to go back to Morocco! Nicole has made up her mind....wanting her man comes first.  No one can talk her out of it. The last time she visited with May he was SO relieved when she got on that plane to leave.  How will it work out for a year not to mention supporting Nicole and May without a job.  She can't wait to get the official paperwork that will provide a reason for the denial?  What if he is a convicted felon?

Yeah Davide if you really want a job, first of all don't bring a camera crew.  Plus why mention the stroke and all the negative things that have happened.  You've got to spin those 4 years in a positive way. No one is going to hire him with those kind of comments.

Molly knows it is wrong to leave Kinsley with Luis. She isn't quite there yet admitting this whole Luis thing was a mistake.  Basically he is a 3rd child, not ready for marriage, to be a step-dad, a job or even making an effort around the house.  He's too young and immature for her, let's face it.

It's like David went in there and said, "Here's a review of my weaknesses." Dummy.

Nicole's stepmom actually had a decent point. The government made a decision that was in Nicole's best interest. (This man is not good for you.) However Nicole has a tendency to reject authority figures.

BTW, Nicole also has a tendency to operate with her loins in charge. Again, Azan wouldn't survive one week if he ever did make it over to the US and that rape room of hers so really, the government was acting in his best interest, too.

It would be nice to see stepmom and Robbalee work together, but the conditions of the divorce may have made that nearly impossible. Hard to tell.

Hard to decide who is the biggest idiot here, but I'm gonna still have to say Molly for leaving her kid alone with a sadist. Honey Mo Mo was no prize, but he always seemed kind and gentle to small children and never went out of his way to cause them turmoil.

25 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

THIS a million times!  And on a more shallow note, those false eyelashes Chantal tries to see through are completely Ridiculous!!!

"The weird, slow-talking Family Chantal has never given Pedro or his family a chance."

I love this group! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

David appears to be in poor health.  Obviously, that is not a priority with him.  Would his wife be entitled to Veteran's benefits in case of his death? I doubt he could get life insurance at this point. I didn't understand why a 4 year stay abroad prevents him from obtaining employment.  I think that prospective employer was just BSing.  

The prospective employer is some kind of local political hero so he probably enjoyed the TV time.

I think David's health is worrisome for real. Last time he was 300 pounds, he had a stroke, and now he's five years older, and pushing his way back up there again! 

I'm seriously wondering if the stroke compromised his mental faculties because he did not seem with it at all. Perhaps this really is more of a Regarding David situation? He should have been talking about his contacts in Asia, how he can help them with imports/exports, whatever they need. Kentucky is a bit...insular. He should have been using his international contacts to shine instead of laying a big fat goose egg.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

The government made a decision that was in Nicole's best interest. (

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but my first thought would be to call or go to the closest American Embassy and ask the reason for the refusal.

My guess is that Azan has been caught scamming numerous other fat, stupid and young woman who have Arnold Ziffel genes and he is on some list.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’m picturing Azan and some friends spending the Visa interview day coming up with a bogus denial that they made appear to come from an official office in Morocco. Then I think he was totally blindsided when Nicole came up with the alternate K-3 Visa idea and getting married there. I had to laugh when Nicole said, “Azan is worried about money because it’s hard for him to get a job in Morocco, and I’ve been supporting him financially” then in the next breath she says “Hopefully Azan will get a good job so that he can support me and May in Morocco.” Yeah, because he can’t even support himself...

Edited to add: Is Nicole’s father Amish? 

D3821471-A550-4780-B1EB-E56319D6DB40.jpeg

I can't find the quote I'm looking for, but someone here had an excellent insight when they said that Nicole must have really done something to work a number on her family to have such a powerful hold on them. Like, either suicide attempts or violence. (We know she can be violent.) Sorry I can't find the quote to credit the poster because I thought it was an excellent insight! If someone else knows feel welcome to share...

2 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but my first thought would be to call or go to the closest American Embassy and ask the reason for the refusal.

My guess is that Azan has been caught scamming numerous other fat, stupid and young woman who have Arnold Ziffel genes and he is on some list.

Or they saw the show. After all, people in this line of work might be interested in this type of show. And, it only takes one person in the office to say, "Hey, this file will probably be coming across our desk." Just one person to tip off the entire office and get them watching.

• Love 11

Annie, your mother will never see a dime more for your dowry.   I had to laugh when Nicole excitedly asked Mae "do you want to go back to Morrocco?" and Mae shook her head no.  Totally think Azan sent her that "official" visa denial.  Family Chantal is the worst.  I predict the Pedro/Chantal marriage will last longer than it should only cause her parents dont approve.  Chantal will  go the extra mile to prove her parents wrong.  What can I say about Molly other than....Olivia did the right thing by running away.  

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

BTW, Nicole also has a tendency to operate with her loins in charge. Again, Azan wouldn't survive one week if he ever did make it over to the US and that rape room of hers so really, the government was acting in his best interest, too.

Hellow, 911?   @CoachWristletJen just murdered me.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, MostlyContent said:

I think this problem was solved about 60 years ago. :)  Probably even longer than that.  

Thar ya go.   My mother was RH-, I was born RH+......and I'm old.  Hasn't been a deal for many years as far as I know.  

She probably conveniently left all that out, for sympathy and a handy dandy excuse to not have children.  And is counting on Russ to be too dim to do any research of his own on the matter. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Anfisa is actually coming off a lot better this season.  She still needs a man who will stand up to her and not Jorge the Doormat.  She's never going to grow as a person while she's with this guy, and will just continue in this abusive cycle with him.  I still don't believe she's 22.  She looks 28-29.

If Nicole didn't have a kid I would say, sure, wreck your life, have at it.  But it's pathetic the harm she's doing to her daughter because she's so desperate to have a man.  This guy doesn't even want her to come out to Morocco to marry him.  The whole idea is for him to stay over there and enjoy his lifestyle while she sends him money.

Ditto for Molly.  Puts her kids' welfare last so she can be with a loser who just wants to scam her.

David looks like he's starting to put the pounds back on again.  I liked the excuses his interviewer made for not hiring him.  You could see him looking at David with that "No....just No" look on his face.  Funny how Annie hates American food.  I would too if the only food I saw was at McDonald's and Burger King.  The trip to the cheap Mexican restaurant must have been paid for by TLC.  How can David's son be walking around with a bullet in his face?  That thing could cause a major infection.

Pao on the whole pregnancy thing felt overplayed.  She was talking about type O blood and a low chance of having a baby.  That isn't some rare condition and women with type O have babies.  They might have a lower conception rate than other blood types but it's still viable.  She had plenty of opportunity to call her family when she was having fun modelling for cheap music videos in Miami.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Palomar said:

I agree 100x! Now that I think about it, Molly definitely is in denial. That’s the only explanation for a woman who obviously is very successful in her professional like but is a hot mess with her personal life. Like someone else said on here, I hope her business smarts kicked in and she protected her assets. 

Dear Molly (and Chantel), this marriage is proof of why you shouldn’t bring home the hot cabana boy. 

Melanie and Devar seem to be the  only exception to this we’ve seen on this show so far.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Anfisawillbemine said:

Well let’s think about it first; why would she even lie that bad? That’s not something to make up, so I doubt she would just come up with that for a career. 

I agree with you.  I really don't think Russ would go along with a lie like that.  I think that her condition is definitely a convenient excuse to keep up with her so called "career". 

(edited)

I'm willing to buy the story that Pao actually did find out she was (unexpectedly) pregnant a couple of weeks before traveling to Colombia and miscarried two days later, but when the doctor explained the risks associated with RH incompatibility for future pregnancies, all she latched onto was the idea that she shouldn't have any career ending babies and chose not to hear the part about the  effective treatment they've had for years to avoid the problem. That way she could conveniently dodge the pregnancy bullet. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 10

I'm checking out of the Family Chantal storyline.  They just aren't interesting. I feel like they just have the same conversations again and again, just at different tables around Georgia.  And is it a thing to refer to the DR, out loud, as "The DR"? Because I can see typing it, sure, we all abbreviate things in type. But when they say "the DR" as casually as a tweener says "BRB" I just start throwing dog toys at the screen.  Part of me saw a flicker of evil in Eyeballs Pedro as if he thought WOULDN'T IT BE A SHAME IF THIS HOUSE MADE ENTIRELY OF WOOD HAPPENED TO CATCH FIRE?   He could have easily set it just before breakfast time, that he'd be assured everyone was awake, in a bathroom, getting dolled up for... breakfast.  Eyelashes Chantal wouldn't stand a chance.

And a hell yeah to whoever said Azan probably is the one who wrote the email.  That was actually my initial thought, esp when the lawyer said she'd never heard it worded like that before.  Then "I just emailed it to myself..." I was hoping she'd then say "Okay see, I'm holding the mouse over the email address and it's showing it's ACTUALLY from plzdontmakememarrybabyhuey@hotmail.morocco, Nicole. And the sender didn't even spell 'embassy' correctly in the signature line...."  

I don't have nice things to say about Pao.  

I have fewer to say about Molly.  

• Love 18

All this distrust of Family Chantal for Pedro is straight up mostly (not all) Chantal's fault. She set the stage for this with her lies at the beginning of the relationship when she lied about the depth of her relationship with Pedro. Claiming he was just a boyfriend and coming to the US to study. Meanwhile, she brought him here on a fiance visa and didn't tell her parents until a few days before the wedding. Family Chantal never really seemed to hold Chantal accountable for her lies. 

Pedro isn't helping matters by referring to the money he earns as 'his' and sending money and expensive items indiscriminately to his family in the DR. Then, he goes on a drunk and says he is moving back to DR. Way to pay into their hands. 

Family Chantal though, has used this mistrust that Chantal built, and getting entirely out of pocket. They can't sit their and interrogate Pedro, treat him disrespectfully, be xenophobic and then wonder why Pedro doesn't want to be around them. DUH!

Pedro's mom and sister are greedy jackals. 

Just a perfect storm of stupid! 

I believe Pao about the miscarriage. If she is lying than her talents lay not with modelling as her 'cah-reer' but acting. What I don't believe is that is one of the reasons for not being in contact with her family for 4 years. She herself said, the miscarriage only happened a few weeks before their trip to Colombia, so how can that be why you haven't spoken to your family, the other 3 years and 9 months? 

As for the rest of the reason?

- Because she was in OK and miserable. Yeah, but you have been living your best life in Miami for nearly 2 years though boo.  Running around with your girlfriends, paying for expensive dye jobs and hair extensions, buying cars, fashion nova clothes, bags and red bottom shoes, signing with scammer modeling/prostitution agencies and appearing in ass shaking videos. You weren't miserable then.  

- Even when she was in OK and miserable we saw her ass talking to them back in their 2nd season. She made it known to them that she hated OK and that Russ was being a little bitch for having a problem with her modeling in lingerie.  I remember because Russ was angry and rightly so, at Pao for talking shit about him to them and encouraging them to do it. Mark my words, they thought Russ was behind her not talking to them because Pao gave the impression he was controlling because he doesn't want her tits and minge hanging out for all to see. 

Pao's family says that she was the heart and life of the family that kept them together and that she changed post Russ. I expect Pao is as she has always been. A loud, out-going selfish party girl. Out of sight, out of mind for Pao. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Nicole/My World-Jeez! Imagine if Nicole would devote her time, energy, and focus to something worthwhile like school, a trade, being a good parent to May, and/or dieting. She'd certainly be in a much better position than she currently is in getting scammed by Boy Wonder. She's already invested so much into this relationship financially and emotionally and has nothing to show for it. A more sensible person would take this visa refusal/denial as a sign and count their losses, but we're talking about Nicole here. Everyone in her life is a voice of reason, but she's hellbent on doing whatever she wants under the illusion of false love. So we're on to the K-3 visa and more money wasted that should be spent on May.

Azan is undoubtedly running a scam and is just using Nicole to subsidize his life. He just wants exactly what he has right now-a sugar mama from afar. He has no interest in moving to America or marrying Nicole and definitely doesn't want to support Nicole and May for one year in Morocco.  I believe Azan didn't even attend the visa interview and had his best English-speaking Nigerian prince friend write the refusal email because a refusal email from a government agency is shady. I believe a formal letter would've been sent instead. Of course Azan agreed to the K-3 visa to appease Nicole in order to keep his gravy train rolling for as long as possible. He knows he can't take care of Nicole and May without a job and he has no intentions of getting one, so he's just trying to squeeze every dollar out of Baby Huey before the scam is up. As much as the K-3 is a horrible idea, I think it would actually be beneficial for May to spend some time in Morocco. To be sure, she's in for a rough life whether she lives in the US or Morocco, but at least in Morocco she'd be subjected to some culture, recreation, and vegetables that don't include french fries. I'd like to think Nicole would at least wait for Azan to get a job before going to Morocco, but she's got her blinders on and is tired of waiting. It's pretty shitty of Nicole to take May away from Robbalee again, but Robbalee raised the selfish twit.

DavidStillPoor/Annie GoldPawn-Can you imagine the white knuckling involved going to a restaurant with Tobo paying? You just have to pray he has enough room on the credit card. I always laugh at people who claim they have no money going out to eat and eating quite well. I understand Annie thinking American food is kind of blah. In my limited experience Thai food is very flavorful and judging by David and Annie's portliness, he's only introduced her to the high caloric, fatty and salty fried and processed crap that is devoid of any real flavor profiles. Annie is a gourmand. She worked at a BJ bar, but she won't eat salmon out of a can. 

I can't imagine why David is still unemployed with exemplary interview skills like that. What employer wouldn't want a guy who shunned all responsibility to escape reality in Asia for 4 years. Any gap on a resume isn't good for someone who's 49 years old. It's certainly not easy for older employees to find work, so I can sympathize. Even low-wage fast food jobs are getting selective in hiring today. Yeah, there's Uber, but many Uber drivers that don't understand the hustle end up losing money. That's why I was so adamant about David taking the restaurant job that Chris offered him at the reunion no matter what it was because there's no guarantee of employment. I believe that David probably has been talking to people about various ponzi schemes, but discussing anything that involves actual work is a major buzzkill for the Bahtman. How is he going to pay the $1000 rent? I gotta believe the TLC money was spent at Applebees. He must have hidden assets somewhere. 

Poor Jacob. It's bad enough to have a sad sack for a dad who abandoned you and then he gets shot in the face. David is probably secretly thrilled that Jacob is going to Texas so he doesn't have to take care of him and can have sex anytime with Annie again. Of course he doesn't get Jacob's $200, so that's $200 extra he'll have to scrounge up. Annie is probably devastated Jacob is leaving and I weep for her Buddha. Her prayer for Jacob was sweet even if it seemed in a little awkward in that situation. She made an effort to care and that's rare on this show.

Molly and Luis-It boggles my mind how Molly can be business savvy and seem smart at times, yet so stupid when it comes to Luis. Why would she ever think leaving Kensley with Luis for any considerable length of time would be a good idea? Luis is right. Kensley should've been staying with her father. Or Brother Molly. Or Mother Molly. Or Olivia. Or Father Molly. Anybody but Luis. I can't believe her astute business partner/designated driver didn't bring up the fact that leaving Kensley with Luis is a terrible idea. Parenting or even just babysitting isn't something you can thrust on someone. They have to, at least, agree to want to take care of the kid. It's not like taking care of Kensley involved popping in a pizza and putting on a movie. There were vitamins involved, for Pete's sake. Molly repeatedly says that her kids are the most important things in her life, but Luis could care less about them. That should be the ultimate red flag that this isn't going to work. Why is Molly still holding on to this marriage? It could've been such a better relationship if they would've just kept it as a casual vacation fling.

Paola and Russ-I know miscarriages are devastating. However, if she had that baby, her modeling "career" would likely be over and that child would tie her down to Russ for a long time. These two not procreating is a blessing since it doesn't seem like they'll be together for much longer. Her family should know from the depression hair that Russ isn't going to stand in the way of Paola communicating with her family. The depression of living in Oklahoma and miscarriage were scapegoats for Paola ignoring her family. She was ignoring them because she's selfish and was only concerned about doing her in Miami. That's actually okay, but own up to it. They really needed her during those 4 years and she failed them. Acknowledge that failure, learn from it, and move on.

Anfisa/Moobs-How the tables have turned here. Anfisa is the one with the apartment now and now she has to inhabit it with that sad sack of Man Boobs known as Jorge. Forget being an alpha male. Jorge has to swallow his pride and is just relieved he doesn't have to couch surf anymore. Obviously she took Jorge back to continue doing the show because he's already proven himself to be a liar and she will never trust him. I think she wants to bust his balls and torture him some more. She strikes me as a dominatrix. It was good to see Jorge on the dance floor actually getting some exercise. I'm sure Moobs hasn't moved like that in a while. I'm thinking counseling will make things worse for them if Jorge tells the whole truth. He's already treading on thin ice and it won't take much to make Anfisa go batshit crazy on him. I respect Anfisa for her honesty and for making a life for herself after Jorge. I find it hard to believe she hasn't found other sugar daddies to take care of her. Jorge has to cling on to this relationship as long as possible. It's not like women in LA are in the market for a portly permastoner dullard with no money and an impressive set of man boobs.

Pedro/Chantel-Chantel's family is just weird. All the other side characters on this show are smart and helpful aside from Chantel/Pedro's families. I get Chantel's family is close, but why must they be in Pedro and Chantel's business? Let Sea-Air make her own mistakes. I used to be huge River and Winter fans, but they can kick rocks with their judgmental parents. I can't believe they'd waste money on a P.I. to investigate what everyone already knows. Pedro's mom and sister are American money grabbers. "Harvesting" is commonplace and I don't see the big deal. It's not the first time we've seen a foreigner send money home and it won't be the last. It's clear that Chantel isn't okay with it and she's let that be known to Pedro. If she can't past it and that's a dealbreaker for her, then she can opt for a divorce. Her parents and siblings interjecting is unnecessary and does no good. Now if Chantel's parents have to bail Pedro and Chantel out of financial difficulties because Pedro is sending money home, then that's a different issue completely. Otherwise, they should butt out of the marriage.

Pedro sucks too. I get that he doesn't want to spend time with Family Chantel, but he should at least be grateful for them footing bill for the vacation and for the good wine he got drunk on. I also thought Pedro demanding that he get the basement to himself was lame and inappropriate if he's not paying. You can dislike somebody and still be civil instead of a petulant child. Be fake for your wife's sake and put a douchy smirk on your face like Thomas.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, most attorneys would insist they have the official notice from any agency or person, before providing it as a legal basis to form an opinion.  Odd.  So many holes.  And even if it's real and he's not allowed the Visa, then, that's bad too.  No matter why it turned out that way, either lies from Azan or good cause to deny him, it's all bad.  Nicole's philosophy, is that if I close my eyes, it's not really there.  It's something in infancy they call "object permanence."  It's a real thing that children eventually outgrow as they learn that things exist, even when not right in front of your face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_permanence

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2