Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

Per Nicole living in Morocco (just typing that makes me laugh) and Ramadan:  I work at a 99% Muslim school, my para was Muslim and she was very generous and gracious in answering my many respectful questions about their faith.  

Native folks in Morocco would not require Nicole to practice Ramadan, they are very respectful of other religions.  Nicole, however, I could see whining about Azan not being able to join her for lunch, dinner or coffee during daylight hours.  A person is not required to practice Ramadan if they are pregnant (don't tell Nicole that!!!) sick, elderly or under a certain age.

Ramadan ends next week, let's hope by the time it rolls around again next year this whole thing will have died.  Knowing Jabba, that probably won't happen.

11 hours ago, iwasish said:

They can still cut Nicole off financially. And when things get tough enough, she’ll come back to them for help. Then if they’re smart enough or if they CARE enough, they’ll get Nicole to sign over custody of May and let her run off and fulfill her little fantasy in Morocco or where ever while May attends kindergarten here in the USA.

And they should!!!    You wanna be a grownup?  Support yourself!!  And your Azan fantasies!!!

12 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

At the same time, they can only do so much. Nicole's her own person and she turned out how she turned out.

Yep - you try and try but that girl is done, put a fork in it.  (Insert food jokes here!!)

• Love 3
16 hours ago, iwasish said:

Buys her an engagement ring probably with  money she sent hm. And did we hear him propose or did she just say he proposed? I haven’t watched every episode so I don’t know. He certainly didn’t  jump for joy when he heard about the K-3 visa. if he truly wanted to marry her I would think would have been a bit more enthusiastic. Previews show her wearing a wedding dress, so he’s agreed to thevK-3 or is she just pigheadedly moving forward? It will be interesting to see.  

i think she is just  pigheadedly moving forward

• Love 2
16 hours ago, iwasish said:

Buys her an engagement ring probably with  money she sent hm. And did we hear him propose or did she just say he proposed? I haven’t watched every episode so I don’t know. He certainly didn’t  jump for joy when he heard about the K-3 visa. if he truly wanted to marry her I would think would have been a bit more enthusiastic. Previews show her wearing a wedding dress, so he’s agreed to thevK-3 or is she just pigheadedly moving forward? It will be interesting to see.  

I can see baby Huey telling him (off cameras) that it's for the show and that they will get more money from the show if they proceed with this storyline, blah blah blah...

Azan maybe a scammer to get some bucks off baby Huey but he doesn't realize she scamming him right back as she wants her happily ever after.

If Hassan/Azan had a brain it that noggin of his, he would just disappear. No amount of money is worth dealing with a psycho like Nicole.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Would you say Nicole's parent's are terrible enablers or just following the scripted show and pocketing the TLC paycheck?

I know I’m in the minority but I’d say TLC paycheck.

I think her parents are funding Mae but not Nichole.  Unfortunately, they do go hand in hand.   

The trips to Morocco are funded by TLC because they are being filmed.   How else are they going to film this reality gold, train wreck?    Azan can’t come here and filming them FaceTimeing only goes so far.  Nichole also gets money for being on the show.  Pretty sure it’s her TLC paycheck is what’s being sent to Morocco and bought her Apple Watch.   

It’s easy to blame her parents but for all we know they have tried to get custody of Mae.  Nichole’s parents don’t strike me as rich and hiring a lawyer and going to court takes money.   Odds are if they did try to sue for custody, they would lose and Nichole would most likely retaliate and take Mae away.   How does that benefit Mae?   And I don’t see Nichole giving up custody of Mae willingly since she is too selfish.

Nichole lives in a hovel so how much money do you actually think her parents are giving her?   They may pay for gas money and cell phone.   Maybe a reliable  car so Nichole can transport Mae safely.   They probably buy diapers, clothing, and food for Mae.  In a previous episode, Nichole’s sister said that Mae spends most of her time with her (sister) and Nichole’s mom.   My guess is that TLC wants us to believe Nichole actually takes care of Mae but IRL it’s Nichole’s sister and mother.  So...if they do cut off Nichole completely, how does that benefit Mae?  It doesn’t.

Nichole is a selfish brat because she is.  Her parents may indulge her but it might be more for Mae’s benefit than Nichole’s.   Her father was willing to sponsor Azan because he didn’t want Nichole taking Mae out of the country.  As I remember correctly, Robilee was pissed when she found out.   So, I doubt Robilee is enabling Nichole.   She knows Azan is using her but she also knows that Nichole needs to come to that conclusion. The more you tell Nichole that Azan is using her, the more she will want to prove you wrong and push her more towards him.   She’s got Nichole’s number.  

I feel for her parents.   JMPO, I think they are doing the best they can in a difficult situation.   

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

What evidence is there that TLC/Sharp pays for anything on this show, let alone expensive trips abroad?

I have read in a couple of publications that they get $1000 per episode and $2500 to be on the reunion. Not sure if that's per person or each couple.  I also don't know if they foot the bill for travel, although they must be paying the crew's bills to travel. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Nicole appears to have two cellphones. "My World" is the one where she Facetimes with Azan and "Babe" is the one she used for the call when she told him his visa was denied. That call was not face to face, she sat there holding the phone up to her cheek and chin. I so wish we had SEEN Azan's panicked reaction to her marriage in Morocco scenario. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I have read in a couple of publications that they get $1000 per episode and $2500 to be on the reunion. Not sure if that's per person or each couple.  I also don't know if they foot the bill for travel, although they must be paying the crew's bills to travel. 

Paying for the documentary crew to travel is one thing but the poster I was replying to seemed to be implying that she thought TLC was paying for all of the trips for everyone, the couples and their families included. I highly doubt that's the case. There is no way cheap af TLC paid for a trip for 4 to Israel, a trip for 6 to the DR, a trip for 2 to Jamaica, etc etc. Chris and Nikki (former friends of DavidPour) did a YouTube interview and as Chris said of TLC, "I think they bought us dinner once." That these trips are comped or paid for outright is not based in reality, IMO. If the couple doesn't bring the drama, they just won't be featured. Paying expenses for the camera crews to live in these places where they film would be pricey enough. I imagine that's why the cast gets so little for appearing on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Paying for the documentary crew to travel is one thing but the poster I was replying to seemed to be implying that she thought TLC was paying for all of the trips for everyone, the couples and their families included. I highly doubt that's the case. There is no way cheap af TLC paid for a trip for 4 to Israel, a trip for 6 to the DR, a trip for 2 to Jamaica, etc etc. Chris and Nikki (former friends of DavidPour) did a YouTube interview and as Chris said of TLC, "I think they bought us dinner once." That these trips are comped or paid for outright is not based in reality, IMO. If the couple doesn't bring the drama, they just won't be featured. Paying expenses for the camera crews to live in these places where they film would be pricey enough. I imagine that's why the cast gets so little for appearing on the show.

JMPO, I wouldn’t  consider this show a documentary.  ?

What I implied was that TLC was paying for Nichole’s trip.  The reason being is because they were filming it and it did bring drama.   And of course they pay for the film crew.   Paying for Nichole’s round trip ticket was nothing for what the whole trip cost them to film in Morocco.  In fact, it was a wise investment.  

And if the trips are part of the show and being filmed, the are paying the families something to go, if not paying them to go.   There is no doubt.  The families are working on behalf on TLC.  I garantee some expenses are paid. TLC had to pay for some of the wedding and travel expenses in the DR.  I have no doubt that they threw out the idea to Chantel and Pedro.  I will go as far as they paid for the cabin Family Chantel stayed over the last few episodes.  They want drama.  And it’s in their best interest to pay for it.  

All I’m saying is that what we see on TV and reality can be different.  Honestly, it’s hard for me to believe Family Chantel is that horrible.  Some of what we see has be for the show.  

David’s Chis wanted to be on TV and was hoping that this would turn into something more.  He is bitter.  If he came out to Thailand just to be on show, he did so on his own accord, because he really is a fame whore.  If I was TLC, I wouldn’t pay for him to come out.  Why?  He was really no value added for the wedding.   They could film the Chris drama in California like they did.  

YMMV but that’s how I see it.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 5
On 04/06/2018 at 8:21 PM, zenme said:

Pedophiles are the lowest of the low. The scourge of the earth. It seems to me Luis does not try to groom his "prey," if this were the case.  He might be a little more excited about hanging out with Kinsey alone if he were a pedo.

Great point, I totally agree.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, lovesnark said:

The Eyelashes Chantel need their own show. Those things look ridiculously uncomfortable and distracting.

The way she has to tilt her head back to see under them, plus speaking through clenched teeth, makes her look like she has a permanent migraine. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

TLC may use local camera crews rather than send a US based crew to each foreign location.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Nicole appears to have two cellphones. "My World" is the one where she Facetimes with Azan and "Babe" is the one she used for the call when she told him his visa was denied. That call was not face to face, she sat there holding the phone up to her cheek and chin. I so wish we had SEEN Azan's panicked reaction to her marriage in Morocco scenario. 

It's pretty common now that food stamp receivers are also provided with a basic cell phone, and basic service.  If that's what's going on with Nicole, she probably uses up her free minutes, and has her fancier phone for facetime, etc.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

JMPO, I wouldn’t  consider this show a documentary.  ?

What I implied was that TLC was paying for Nichole’s trip.  The reason being is because they were filming it and it did bring drama.   And of course they pay for the film crew.   Paying for Nichole’s round trip ticket was nothing for what the whole trip cost them to film in Morocco.  In fact, it was a wise investment.  

And if the trips are part of the show and being filmed, the are paying the families something to go, if not paying them to go.   There is no doubt.  The families are working on behalf on TLC.  I garantee some expenses are paid. TLC had to pay for some of the wedding and travel expenses in the DR.  I have no doubt that they threw out the idea to Chantel and Pedro.  I will go as far as they paid for the cabin Family Chantel stayed over the last few episodes.  They want drama.  And it’s in their best interest to pay for it.  

All I’m saying is that what we see on TV and reality can be different.  Honestly, it’s hard for me to believe Family Chantel is that horrible.  Some of what we see has be for the show.  

David’s Chis wanted to be on TV and was hoping that this would turn into something more.  He is bitter.  If he came out to Thailand just to be on show, he did so on his own accord, because he really is a fame whore.  If I was TLC, I wouldn’t pay for him to come out.  Why?  He was really no value added for the wedding.   They could film the Chris drama in California like they did.  

YMMV but that’s how I see it.  

Nah to practically all of that. But we can agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

TLC may use local camera crews rather than send a US based crew to each foreign location.  

I would think that would be more trouble than it's worth. They'd have to enter into a contract with foreign nationals and adhere to employment standards and restrictions that may differ from ours. I think the crews are entirely American.

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, iwasish said:

I think they did show the proposal, if I remember correctly.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I would think that would be more trouble than it's worth. They'd have to enter into a contract with foreign nationals and adhere to employment standards and restrictions that may differ from ours. I think the crews are entirely American.

I agree, we've heard the production crew asking questions when something happens, for example when Nicole had a meltdown on the crew bus last season after yet another argument with Azan

• Love 1
On 6/7/2018 at 3:18 PM, magemaud said:

Also, last year there was some discussion of Chantel having some kind of an "inheritance" which is why her family was pushing for the pre-nup. And at one point she claimed she had "used her life savings" to bring Pedro to the US. 

The more we see of Family Chantel, the more I think that "inheritance" is really Family Chantel trying to convince us ( + themselves) that they have boatloads of money because maybe MAYBE Mother Chantel DOES see this show as a gateway to her end game of a role on RHOA.  

Maybe MAYBE I watch too much reality television...  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 6/3/2018 at 5:08 PM, Natalie68 said:

I am SOOO bummed I cannot watch this show!  No longer have TLC.  One job I think Anfisa could do and be great at is as a Dominatrix.  She's got the attitude.  I have heard there can be big bucks there and she just might enjoy it.  I would rather she not be a sex worker but at least as a Dom she doesn't have to be nekkid.

If Nicole is living on a church property in an apt for people in need, I think that is a travesty.  She has family who enable the shit out of her and I am sure someone more deserving should be in that space. 

I don’t know what your financial situation is but you can buy whole seasons of shows on amazon or iTunes for around 20 bucks.  I am a cord cutter so I do that that sometimes for channels I don’t have anymore.  And this is comedy gold.  

Maybe Mae is hungry because after Nicole inhales her meal she finishes off Mae’s.

It may just be me but Family SeaAir would not have the same ring to it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think they did show the proposal, if I remember correctly.

I missed that. But even if he proposed, it doesn’t mean he actually intends to go thru with a marriage. He only has to convince her he does in order to keep her sending money. 

I guess we will see how sincere he is when Nicole arrives in Morocco, wedding dress in hand.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:18 PM, magemaud said:

Also, last year there was some discussion of Chantel having some kind of an "inheritance" which is why her family was pushing for the pre-nup. And at one point she claimed she had "used her life savings" to bring Pedro to the US. 

At her age I used my “life savings” to buy a TV for my bedroom... I had no idea I could have gotten a man instead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
(edited)

They did show Azan proposing to Nicole after their night on the desert. It was a engagement/wedding ring set (which she probably had sent him the money for) in a clear plastic box that looked like it came from Wal-Mart. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/6/2018 at 6:49 AM, Mothra said:

His education and experience may make him overqualified to be a Walmart greeter, but his personality and creepy manner of speaking--I can't put my finger on it (Weezer) but there is something oily about the way everything he says sounds like justification for something he shouldn't have done, spoken like someone who's accustomed to making excuses for himself, even when he's not making excuses for himself.  It's as if all his spoken words have the aim of convincing you of the inevitability and total common sense of whatever he's selling.

What I'm trying to say is that I think he's underqualified to work at Walmart or Costco, or in any job where he represents a retailer to the customer.  I know I would go out of my way to avoid shopping someplace where I know I'd have to interact, even in the most casual way, with someone like David.

Right.  It's hard enough for someone his age to find a job, especially with an employment gap, and every time I think, "Just go get any job!" I ask myself, "Would you hire him?"  And the answer is an unqualified "No!"  I wouldn't want him near my customers, and even in an office, I wouldn't want him near me or my employees. 

Someone asked if there are any David fans.  I'm not one, but I can't help but feel sorry for such a schlub of a loser, even if a lot of his woe is self-inflicted.  Just watching him waddling from gaining his weight back makes me feel a tiny bit bad for him. 

On 6/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, Sterling said:

Maybe this has been brought up, but I couldn't find it:

David's son was shot, and poor kid sits there with a bullet in his face, waiting to go to Texas (fly?  drive?) because his mom has insurance.

Question:

Why does he have to go anywhere?  Wouldn't her insurance card work in Louisville?  Or anywhere closer?

Only if her (and therefore his) insurance company in Texas has a nationwide network that includes doctors and facilities in Kentucky.  If she's on an HMO, then it wouldn't cover care outside her local area.  And a lot of PPOs in Texas have only local networks, with no out-of-network coverage at all, so they're basically like HMOs except you don't have to get a referral to see a specialist.  Most people never even think about this because they don't get routine healthcare when they're not at home.

Emergency care is covered no matter where the insured is, but after that, like to remove the bullet, the providers have to be in network for the insurance company to pay.

Someone wondered how he could "get on" her insurance if he isn't already.  I'm not sure how it works if his mother's insurance is provided through her employer, but with plans on the ACA exchange, moving to Texas would be a "qualifying event," which would make him eligible for insurance there.  That said, under the ACA, going to a location just to get health care does not make you eligible for insurance in the place where you're getting the health care--you have to have moved there.  But if he's already on his mother's insurance, then he just needs to be (not live) somewhere that the insurance plan has in-network providers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Anifsa and Jorge-What is Anifsa thinking of taking Jorge back? 

Chantel and Pedro-I swear Pedro is drunk, he is just embarrassing, I feel bad for Chantel but their marriage is just a big mess and I do not see it suriving long and Chantel, please get rid of your fake eyelashes, it is very distracting! 

Nicole and Azan-Azan is scared as hell that Nicole is moving to Moracco to marry him 

Molly and Luis-I do not care to comment on it because their storyline is boring 

David and Annie-I feel bad for Annie, I wish she could run away from David and never look back! I am laughing at the lawyer or whatever he is, he sounds and looks fake

Russell and Pao-What is with Pao’s and Russell’s hair? It is like their color clashed! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I missed that. But even if he proposed, it doesn’t mean he actually intends to go thru with a marriage. He only has to convince her he does in order to keep her sending money. 

I guess we will see how sincere he is when Nicole arrives in Morocco, wedding dress in hand.

Totally agree. I’m guessing he’ll probably crap in his harem pants at the thought of actually marrying this hosebeast.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Doesn’t Juan live in Colombia? Why does Russ have to deal with him? So she didn’t call her family for all those years but she was on the phone all the time to complain about Russ? Why would he like Russ if all she did was bitch about him? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Doesn’t Juan live in Colombia? Why does Russ have to deal with him? So she didn’t call her family for all those years but she was on the phone all the time to complain about Russ? Why would he like Russ if all she did was bitch about him? 

I do not know why Pabola wants to try to fix things with Russell and Juan, it will never work, she is just creating a bigger mess out of it

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 2

I cracked up when Pao said, "I want to talk to Juan, one on one." And I was totally distracted by her clashing bright red hair, orange turtleneck and purple lipstick. No bueno. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Damn I never thought I would say this but I feel a bit sorry for Anfisa. Jorge does not care about her feelings, she is nothing but a piece of meat to him. I watched the 30 min preview of the upcoming episode and think that her tears and yearning for a family were real. Granted she she no saint and portrayed herself poorly but still.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DVDFreaker said:

Juan is a total ass, I have a feeling that Juan is in love with Pabola 

I think we have all had a friend like Juan, he has a Peter Pan complex but honey you are getting too old to run around to the bars every night. Russ wants Paola to grow up and he resents his wing woman being taken away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, greekmom said:

If Hassan/Azan had a brain it that noggin of his, he would just disappear. No amount of money is worth dealing with a psycho like Nicole.

Agreed.  I think Azan has her figured as being dumb as a box of rocks, and an easy mark to exploit.  I think dear little Nicole is a lot smarter than she is given credit for.  When she is motivated, she gets things done.  Case in point: Azan supposedly gets turned down for a K-1, so Nicole immediately weighs her legal options and finds a way around it.  Azan didn't count on such iniative.  She'll do anything to be with "her World"

Oh, and by the way...Azan totally faked that email.  I doubt he even went to the interview.

• Love 11
(edited)
22 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Agreed.  I think Azan has her figured as being dumb as a box of rocks, and an easy mark to exploit.  I think dear little Nicole is a lot smarter than she is given credit for.  When she is motivated, she gets things done.  Case in point: Azan supposedly gets turned down for a K-1, so Nicole immediately weighs her legal options and finds a way around it.  Azan didn't count on such iniative.  She'll do anything to be with "her World"

Oh, and by the way...Azan totally faked that email.  I doubt he even went to the interview.

Did Nicole give an interview? 

She said she filled out Azans application using information he gave her and she thinks it was true... unless he didn’t tell her something. It looks to me like Nicole is spearheading the entire process, that Azan doesn’t want to come to the USA, he just wants her to continue to send money. 

Yeah he faked the email. I think the  lawyer suspected as much. The way the meeting was edited we have no idea what she told Nicole. She did say that the K-3 might not work, that it all depended on why the K-1 was denied/refused. So the wedding actually isn’t a free pass to the US, but Nicole has decided it is. In  her usual pigheaded way. Glad to see her stepdad call her out for her stupidity. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Damn I never thought I would say this but I feel a bit sorry for Anfisa. Jorge does not care about her feelings, she is nothing but a piece of meat to him. I watched the 30 min preview of the upcoming episode and think that her tears and yearning for a family were real. Granted she she no saint and portrayed herself poorly but still.

Anfisa is just dumb to take him back, she deserved much better! 

36 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Did Nicole give an interview? 

She said she filled out Azans application using information he gave her and she thinks it was true... unless he didn’t tell her something. It looks to me like Nicole is spearheading the entire process, that Azan doesn’t want to come to the USA, he just wants her to continue to send money. 

Yeah he faked the email. I think the  lawyer suspected as much. The way the meeting was edited we have no idea what she told Nicole. She did say that the K-3 might not work, that it all depended on why the K-1 was denied/refused. So the wedding actually isn’t a free pass to the US, but Nicole has decided it is. In  her usual pigheaded way. Glad to see her stepdad call her out for her stupidity. 

Her stepdad is a smart man, he is exactly right when he said Nicole is ingorant to the world 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Only if her (and therefore his) insurance company in Texas has a nationwide network that includes doctors and facilities in Kentucky.  If she's on an HMO, then it wouldn't cover care outside her local area.  And a lot of PPOs in Texas have only local networks, with no out-of-network coverage at all, so they're basically like HMOs except you don't have to get a referral to see a specialist.  Most people never even think about this because they don't get routine healthcare when they're not at home.

Emergency care is covered no matter where the insured is, but after that, like to remove the bullet, the providers have to be in network for the insurance company to pay.

Someone wondered how he could "get on" her insurance if he isn't already.  I'm not sure how it works if his mother's insurance is provided through her employer, but with plans on the ACA exchange, moving to Texas would be a "qualifying event," which would make him eligible for insurance there.  That said, under the ACA, going to a location just to get health care does not make you eligible for insurance in the place where you're getting the health care--you have to have moved there.  But if he's already on his mother's insurance, then he just needs to be (not live) somewhere that the insurance plan has in-network providers.

Thank you for this explanation re:  why David's son has to go to Texas to get bullet removal and post-care.  Makes sense that it's possible that his mother's insurance only covers him in Texas.

That being said, this makes me even more incensed at David for not getting a job, ANY JOB, to get his son's bullet removed immediately.

When David was walking to that interview (in the dirtiest, most wrinkled "suit" I've ever seen), he walked by a Morton's steakhouse.  Know what, David?  Waiters at a nice steakhouse make a pretty decent living, and a couple of weeks' pay could probably get your son's bullet out of his face.  Oh, I forgot, you're too good for that.

• Love 4
(edited)

OMG, when Anfisa opened the door of her new apartment and Jorge was standing there (dressed like a burglar), his morose “Hi, can I come in?” sounded just like Eyeore. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Shout out to Nicole's stepfather. He obviously has a brain and is speaking thruths that Nicole does not want to hear.

Chantal's (AKA CeAir's) parents are a weird looking duo. That is mean but true!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Emkat said:

Shout out to Nicole's stepfather. He obviously has a brain and is speaking thruths that Nicole does not want to hear.

Nicole is too obsessed about getting married quickly, she is scary! CeAir’s Dad looks like my uncle which is weird 

12 minutes ago, Emkat said:

They are a weird looking duo and she's always clinging to him in every one of their talking heads like she'll fall over if she lets go. I do miss her tiny hats this season, though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Several past participants have said that Sharp Entertainment, the production company who owns this show, pays for the airfare, dinners that are filmed, and all extras incurred because of filming. It is the industry standard in reality television. If CeAir/Chantel's family were already going to attend the wedding in the DR I'm sure Sharp wouldn't offer to pay for it, but the chicken feet purchased by Pedro's family was reimbursed. At least one of the wives on Sister Wives had their electric bill covered because the lighting equipment made it skyrocket.

Some friends who appear on reality shows say they are paid and others say they are not, often for the same show. The contracts they sign say they are not to divulge that info but some still do. Courtney on the last season of Before the 90 Days wouldn't stop talking about how it all worked and Jason of Jason/Cassandra in whatever season that was has divulged everything during his spat with Sharp. There was also the court filing from Mark and Nikki's lawsuit that had some info. Production pays for a lot of things because otherwise, they wouldn't happen. Danielle and Nicole are perfect examples of people who couldn't afford it otherwise. Danielle also had a sponsor, by the way. That person's identity has not been divulged but she met them on a website for the K-1 participants to discuss what was happening. The former PTV member who was an immigration attorney discussed it; she tried to tell Danielle that Mo wasn't on the up and up, and after this show aired, realized she wasn't either, just like the rest of us. Danielle also begged, borrowed and stole, literally, in her quest for an immigrant husband. Mo was not her first and Azan will not be Nicole's last.

I'm one of the viewers who don't think Nicole's parents are enabling her; not all that much anyway. I don't think she is the way she is because of bad parenting, either. She's not all there and she has a personality disorder, at minimum. She ran off and got pregnant, the father who is supposedly an illegal alien from Mexico took off, and her parents paid for her to get back to Florida. If she was thirty when it happened they probably could have let her hang out to dry, but twenty(?), pregnant with an innocent child who she would foist on whomever was closest so she could run around town, and being a big, overbearing bully who could easily find herself in jail for being herself and getting her baby taken into foster care and I think her parents felt up against the wall.

Her mom did a talking head during season one where she asked what Azan would want with Nicole. She and her dad were clearly worried sick about her heading to Morocco but had no ability to stop her. She was heading to a Muslim country where the behaviors she has that are offensive here in the US are illegal, and we have now seen her be physically abusive, which is probably not surprising to them, at all. We've also now learned enough about Azan/Hassan that I have absolutely no sympathy for him, hope Nicole continues to embarrass him in public by treating him like an object, but won't excuse sexually accosting him anywhere at anytime, and further hope that his appearance on the show ends his love scam career. 

Several of the castmembers throughout the season have used faked names. Some were asked to by Sharp so that their social media accounts wouldn't be found as easy and the result of whether or not they married would remain a surprise. When the show started they were trying to make it sound like the people met for the first time and had to decide within ninety days to marry or not. Most people know that's a crock now, but people like Jorge/Andrew have business interests and criminal histories they don't want everyone to know.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Nicole is too obsessed about getting married quickly, she is scary! CeAir’s Dad looks like my uncle which is weird 

How quickly is it though? How long have they been engaged?

9 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Anfisa is just dumb to take him back, she deserved much better! 

Her stepdad is a smart man, he is exactly right when he said Nicole is ingorant to the world 

Why does Anfisa “deserve” anything? She can earn her way just like everyone else, maybe even without using sex to do so.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

OMG, when Anfisa opened the door of her new apartment and Jorge was standing there (dressed like a burglar), his morose “hello” sounded just like Eyeore. 

He was channeling Rob Kardashian with the scruffy beard and hoodie.

• Love 3

I would love for someone to ask what Nicole thinks is going to happen once she marries Azan. What does this happily ever after entail? What type of jobs do they work? Do they have 2.5 kids and a dog? Is she going to be the happy homemaker while he Azan brings home the bacon for her to fry up? Are they both going to go to school for better jobs? I don’t for a minute think Nicole has thought any further than actually getting married and Azan maybe agreeing to have sex with her one more time. 

Does Nicole have any friends? I don’t recall seeing any on the show. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I would love for someone to ask what Nicole thinks is going to happen once she marries Azan. What does this happily ever after entail? What type of jobs do they work? Do they have 2.5 kids and a dog? Is she going to be the happy homemaker while he Azan brings home the bacon for her to fry up? Are they both going to go to school for better jobs? I don’t for a minute think Nicole has thought any further than actually getting married and Azan maybe agreeing to have sex with her one more time. 

Does Nicole have any friends? I don’t recall seeing any on the show. 

Well, he may bring it home, but he's Muslim . . . so he won't be eating it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Nicole is a very sad young girl.  She thinks she knows it all but with her weight, young child, no money and chasing and supporting a Muslim guy in another country she knows nothing.

The most common sense we have heard came from her step father who she chooses to ignore.

I can't believe any of them assist her by signing on to  sponsor this visa.

Nobody tries to get Mae because none of them want to raise a small child.  The possibility Nicole will have another and another makes them all back away from that!

Btw what kind of place is that she lives in?  It looks like a motel room???

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Employment agencies could use David's interview video as an example of everything  not to do

You would think being in HR for years, and on the other side of the interview desk, you'd know how to dress and present yourself for an interview. Certainly not launch into a big discussion of your health issues, lame excuses why you couldn't work for FOUR YEARS, running out of money and having a 24 year old wife to "keep happy." (I'm sure he thought that last tidbit would impress the local politician.) I don't believe it when he says he had gotten lots of job leads since he was back in Louisville and I'm still wondering what happened with that restaurant job Chris offered him at the reunion show. 

• Love 3