Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Ok, someone higher up must hate Hannah. That picture is terrible!!! 

I still CANNOT BELIEVE Kelli released that picture of Hannah. Im sure there were others she could have used instead. If not, she needed to get another photographer. Didnt she have dueling photographers in Bimini competing with one another? It doesn't equate. It isn't the girls its the picture taker and picture selector!

31 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I thought it would be just Show Group, but Madeline M. is in it, so maybe just Maddie's group?

B-O-R-I-N-G choreo

16 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Lacy was game day girl Alexis was given the Abby bear 

Yay Lacy! Yay Alexis! I just think those 2 are simply stunning. Lacy's dance technique, WOW! And those KICKS!!  

• Love 7

Not a Cassie fan BUT her Instagram post with her daughter kicking insync with the DCC is freakin' ADORABLE. I hope Cassie doesn't lead her down the VK road, though :( AND those seats are NICE. I would enjoy football and being in Texas (I'm really a West Coaster) if I sat there.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She’s leaving Sept 30th. She’ll be training for 6 weeks, then off to Australia around Nov. 24th. We have a few cruises picked out, but not until March when her ship will be in the Mediterranean, and two that port out of Southampton. 

@ShellyB I'm so excited for Dayton and wish her all the best!!!

• Love 8

Bridgit looks ADORABLE!!!! Who is beside Bridgit? She has the thutt that Kelli cut a girl for in years past and a gut! You can even see dimples on her thutt. (Before you overreact, remember this is a DCC and there are standards). Lauren looks great and so on down the line. 

DnRQP_JU0AEeMYA.jpg-large.jpeg

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

Bridgit looks ADORABLE!!!! Who is beside Bridgit? She has the thutt that Kelli cut a girl for in years past and a gut! You can even see dimples on her thutt. (Before you overreact, remember this is a DCC and there are standards). Lauren looks great and so on down the line. 

Is that possibly Miranda?

12 minutes ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

She is the quintessential Girl Next Door. 

58 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Not a Cassie fan BUT her Instagram post with her daughter kicking insync with the DCC is freakin' ADORABLE. I hope Cassie doesn't lead her down the VK road, though :( AND those seats are NICE. I would enjoy football and being in Texas (I'm really a West Coaster) if I sat there.

If you hit next, Lauren comes up to her and Lennon screams, "That's my friend!" Adorable. I may dislike Cassie, but her kids are cute. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Lacey in 2014 and Lacey now. Something is different, and it isn't her hair.

5b9f0f59ac057_2014DCC_LaceyMunoz.jpg.5076b053e0ae9546da2b2014df2a1f19.jpgLacey.jpg.5eb9cfdb2bec64c9569c7c6f8b90ebcc.jpg

I think it's just the way her make up is done. Her eyebrows are noticeably thicker and filled in more. And her eyeliner/shadow seems to be heavier these days.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, karendlt said:

I think it's just the way her make up is done. Her eyebrows are noticeably thicker and filled in more. And her eyeliner/shadow seems to be heavier these days.

And Lacey def got a new nose?

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, karendlt said:

Looks like all make up to me too! Eyebrows could be micro bladed? Lacey’s gorgeous and seems more polished overall. 

I’m befuddled about these rookie cameos tho, sheesh. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

Serioulsy though. I have no I idea what you're seeing that I can't see. What gut? What thutt? There's definitely a curve from her butt to her upper thigh.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

Those poor girls. The cameos are atrocious! I cant believe Kelli would allow them to be released. What is happening to this once great team? Kelli and Judy need to retire. They are too antiquated and are softening the standards. The need for fresh new leadership is warranted before the reputation of the team is lost. Judy hasnt actually choreographed a dance in decades. She does placement and teaches intro. Other choreographers teach the dances. Michelle Keys or Denise DeCharri are great choreo contenders. 

I was getting ready to post the same thing. I can’t believe Kelli would co-sign these god-awful photos! They are shockingly horrific. I actually feel bad for the girls. I would be aghast if that was my photo for the entire year and had to sign it at events? It is not just that they look bad and old, but they don’t even look like themselves. They all look so witchy, too! And the heavy blush- what in the world??? Kelli and Judy have slipped up and can’t recover from this. I think someone needs to speak up and offer a re-do out of good faith. It seems like an April Fools Day prank. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Gee...woulda been nice if they'd shared those finalist photos with us, either after the episode when finalists were announced or after the episode where the TCCs were chosen. I can see Lily in the middle of the third row and Cianna in the fifth row because of their hair. Heck if I can tell who anyone else is.

whiteboard.thumb.JPG.fb587a75d13a2276499fb4e05a9f7607.JPG

VK is second from last on the bottom row. The first picture on the second to last row looks like Dayton. Second from the right on the second to last row: Brennan. 

Well when I saw this all I could think of was "does VK look like a pig or is that just me" and I was like thinking she looks like shes going "oink oink oink". Sorry don't mean to be rude but the other girls in the background - that I can see - isn't giving off that impression when they smile and if VK really "screws up" her nose/face when she smiles then ... sorry she needs to practice her facials so she don't look like a pig.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:45 PM, Kethomp said:

Oy. ??‍♀️ This is what CMT picks for the advertisement pic for MTT. 

046D40D8-300E-4901-AAF6-1F784D1C9F86.jpeg

As for Malena, the minute she said she was the first woman to be benched in the Jets cheerleaders ... sorry I'd have cut her there and then. Can someone please refresh my memory on her dance background? How long was she a Jets for? What confuses me with the Jets is, why did they not cut Malena when she could not retain the dance routines? Why waste the time having her on the team when she was NEVER EVER going to dance on the field? Why waste the time having her when it would take her longer to pick up the choreography? I know she can do it when she does know it but its not really fair having her on the Jets (or on DCC when there are more than likely more dances for DCC than Jets do). I also wonder what her SMU employers thought when one min she was saying she loves that job and the next she is saying she will give that up all for DCC. Can she not have gone part time for that job? I don't know that job very well so if someone knows that job better than me, feel free to correct me.

On 9/15/2018 at 5:13 AM, sleepyjean said:

The first woman in Jets Flight Crew history who was benched for the entire season because she couldn't master the choreography is chosen for DCC training camp, begins struggling from day one, and yet here's Kelli pulling SO hard for her. It almost defies logic. Kelli must really like something about her.

I'm not one to get into the whole race thing, but my mind does go there. Malena is an AA woman who is pretty, has an education, presents herself professionally, has the preferred body type, and is personable, humble, classy, responsible, and trainable. She has all of the ambassador skills and is a good teammate. When she remembers the choreo, she can pull it off pretty well. Last year's team was one of the most diverse they've had in a while. I think Kelli would really really like to put her on the team. If only Malena's swiss cheese memory would cooperate.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

The pics are are arranged by the groups starting with group 1 in the first two rows.

Ashlee, Daphne, Bridget, Erin, Hannah Taylor J

Tara, Rachel A, Tasha, Lacey, Gina, Miranda

Victoria, Jalyn, Lily, Madeline Molloy, Rachel W

Molly, Khalyn, KaShara, Heather, Yuko

Alanna, Taylor T, Malena, Dayton, Cianna, Gabby

Jessika, Tess, Amy, Lauren, Alexis

Caroline, Amber, Kristin, Brennan, Briana

Savannah, Kelli, Madeline, Lexie, Christina

Haha I was totally wrong then!

On 9/16/2018 at 8:45 PM, go4luca said:

I'm sure someone will disagree but c'mon.  This cameo doesn't even look like Tasha to me. 

Tasha_Compare.jpg

I whole-heartedly agree with you.

I admit I started out not liking Tasha much when she auditioned but I have changed my opinion of her over time. She’s earned my admiration. And this cameo picture is a crime, imho. How can you make a pretty girl look that bad??? 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

She is the quintessential Girl Next Door. 

Yes shes my rookie favorite. Won my heart after I saw this... but I’m a sucker for french bulldogs so I may be biased ;-)

9 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She’s leaving Sept 30th. She’ll be training for 6 weeks, then off to Australia around Nov. 24th. We have a few cruises picked out, but not until March when her ship will be in the Mediterranean, and two that port out of Southampton. 

She’s going to have he time of her life!! Best of luck to her !!!!

6 hours ago, LLLmom said:

Can someone post all the rookie Twitter account information

I second this request

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

As for Malena, the minute she said she was the first woman to be benched in the Jets cheerleaders ... sorry I'd have cut her there and then. Can someone please refresh my memory on her dance background? How long was she a Jets for? What confuses me with the Jets is, why did they not cut Malena when she could not retain the dance routines? Why waste the time having her on the team when she was NEVER EVER going to dance on the field? Why waste the time having her when it would take her longer to pick up the choreography? I know she can do it when she does know it but its not really fair having her on the Jets (or on DCC when there are more than likely more dances for DCC than Jets do). I also wonder what her SMU employers thought when one min she was saying she loves that job and the next she is saying she will give that up all for DCC. Can she not have gone part time for that job? I don't know that job very well so if someone knows that job better than me, feel free to correct me.

Malena was on the Jets for one season. The only thing I know about her dance background is that she was captain of her high school dance team (video below). There is no trace of any dancing in her Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook accounts during her college years at Rutgers, which is a bit odd. Usually when someone loves dance enough to go for a pro team, she's not quiet about the importance of dance in her life. She's got plenty of photos of other things - it's obvious that she loves football, starbucks, fashion, and her family. But I didn't see any references to dance, any photos with teammates, any photos in costume or on stage or in studio.

As for her SMU job, if you've been hired for a full-time position, it's because they need a full-time person. Her job wasn't shift work, where she could cut down her hours, it was a regular 8-to-5 kind of deal.

I think she's also somewhere in the group performance here.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Malena was on the Jets for one season. The only thing I know about her dance background is that she was captain of her high school dance team (video below). There is no trace of any dancing in her Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook accounts during her college years at Rutgers, which is a bit odd. Usually when someone loves dance enough to go for a pro team, she's not quiet about the importance of dance in her life. She's got plenty of photos of other things - it's obvious that she loves football, starbucks, fashion, and her family. But I didn't see any references to dance, any photos with teammates, any photos in costume or on stage or in studio.

As for her SMU job, if you've been hired for a full-time position, it's because they need a full-time person. Her job wasn't shift work, where she could cut down her hours, it was a regular 8-to-5 kind of deal.

I think she's also somewhere in the group performance here.

Malena is so cute in that video.  She really is adorable.   I can totally see why the Jets kept her as an appearance girl only and I think Kelli would do the same if she could.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, cgloss said:

Looks like the girls did some kind of hip hop routine for halftime? I have to admit, I'm not a fan of them doing those kinds of routines because they look awkward when they do them. The snippet on the DCC Insta just confirmed that for me. I wish they would leave them to DCRB.

The Back To Football Halftime Show. Last year, it was done to celebrate the return of football, but also to acknowledge the efforts made by those who chipped in to raise money for repairs after Hurricane Harvey hit in Houston, TX.

2017 Back To Football Halftime

This year's Back To Football Halftime

(P.S. Not that it matters, but I recently discovered that one of the new male dancers on the DCRB was part of a majorette squad that's featured on Lifetime's Bring It. In the beginning, you'll find him in the center of the triangle's fourth row.)

2016 Halftime Show, during what we hoped wouldn't be their last game of the season.

Not sure if it'd be considered hip hop, but the choreography performed by the 2016 squad is the upgraded version of their Funk Routine, courtesy of Denise Dicharry.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

The Back To Football Halftime Show. Last year, it was done to celebrate the return of football, but also to acknowledge the efforts made by those who chipped in to raise money for repairs after Hurricane Harvey hit in Houston, TX.

2017 Back To Football Halftime

This year's Back To Football Halftime

(P.S. Not that it matters, but I recently discovered that one of the new male dancers on the DCRB was part of a majorette squad that's featured on Lifetime's Bring It. In the beginning, you'll find him in the center of the triangle's fourth row.)

2016 Halftime Show, during what we hoped wouldn't be their last game of the season.

Not sure if it'd be considered hip hop, but the choreography performed by the 2016 squad is the upgraded version of their Funk Routine, courtesy of Denise Dicharry.

We were at the 2017 game. That was a great performance... i remember really liking it live.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

How come it was only groups 3 and 4 and not the entire team?

I found it on YouTube. Everyone was there, plus the DCRB and a drum line. Groups 1 & 2 were on the other side of the field with I think Kash at point. Cameras were by 3 & 4. I’m not sure if I can figure out how to embed. 

Try this. 

Edited by heckkitty
10 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

Yes shes my rookie favorite. Won my heart after I saw this... but I’m a sucker for french bulldogs so I may be biased ;-)

She’s going to have he time of her life!! Best of luck to her !!!!

I second this request

do you mean like all their Twitter handles? If you go to dcc_lexie's twitter account, I know she lists all of them in a tweet! 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, PrayDanceLove said:

Hi! I’d just like to say that I recently moved from east coast to Dallas to audition for DCC next year. (Gotta start early!!) So I met Victoria at my very first Michelle Keys class last year November when I visited to scout apartment locations. She was incredibly sweet, bubbly, and friendly! She actually approached me, introduced herself, and asked me questions about my dance background, and told me about all the dance opportunities Dallas had to offer. At the time, I had no clue who was, but she did mention that her mom was a DCC and it was her dream to become one as well. I loved her energy! I’m just putting out there to say, a lot of you have got it wrong about her. She really is an out-going, energetic, confident, friendly girl. Anyone who can make a complete stranger feel welcomed in a new city is pretty darn awesome. 

Just to clarify again, any comments I have about Victoria is based on how she appears on the show. I’m not making any suggestion that I know her in real life. On the show she’s incredibly immature and acts entitled to have a lot of recognition for being a better dancer than we have seen. She expected show group so much that when she didn’t get it, her performance was ruined. When told she was the worst in the room, she’s shocked.

It’s  like this with any reality program.  I can only comment on what was shown. It’s not a personal attack on her as a person.

• Love 14
19 hours ago, cgloss said:

I thought it would be just Show Group, but Madeline M. is in it, so maybe just Maddie's group?

This routine looks really bad to me compared to the little we’ve seen in practice. Does anyone agree? They seem to be dancing like they are scared they are going to fall, timid or something? Maybe just me. I think it’s a “mess” as Judy says

• Love 4
11 hours ago, PrayDanceLove said:

Hi! I’d just like to say that I recently moved from east coast to Dallas to audition for DCC next year. (Gotta start early!!) So I met Victoria at my very first Michelle Keys class last year November when I visited to scout apartment locations. She was incredibly sweet, bubbly, and friendly! She actually approached me, introduced herself, and asked me questions about my dance background, and told me about all the dance opportunities Dallas had to offer. At the time, I had no clue who was, but she did mention that her mom was a DCC and it was her dream to become one as well. I loved her energy! I’m just putting out there to say, a lot of you have got it wrong about her. She really is an out-going, energetic, confident, friendly girl. Anyone who can make a complete stranger feel welcomed in a new city is pretty darn awesome. 

Your experience is at complete odds with that experienced by the girls in training camp this year. VK was constantly kissing ass with the vets and never interacted with the other rookies unless the cameras were rolling. She also ran to Kelli and Judy on at least three occasions to share negative things about the other girls, some of which she’d been told in confidence.  The other girls literally celebrated when she was cut, so I’m not convinced we “have got it wrong” given that these girls spent weeks and weeks with her. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Your experience is at complete odds with that experienced by the girls in training camp this year. VK was constantly kissing ass with the vets and never interacted with the other rookies unless the cameras were rolling. She also ran to Kelli and Judy on at least three occasions to share negative things about the other girls, some of which she’d been told in confidence.  The other girls literally celebrated when she was cut, so I’m not convinced we “have got it wrong” given that these girls spent weeks and weeks with her. 

Hmmm... I wonder if she had a role in Tara getting cut, and they are using Tara's weight as an excuse to cut her.

I think it's also bad choreography.

This routine looks really bad to me compared to the little we’ve seen in practice. Does anyone agree? They seem to be dancing like they are scared they are going to fall, timid or something? Maybe just me. I think it’s a “mess” as Judy says

When it comes to what the DCC call "hip hop" - for me, it really isn't. YMMV. My daughter's studio had a video go viral a few years ago and after awhile, their style got slammed for calling itself "hip hop."

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

I do recall Kelli telling them to not look so intense as they perform hip hop routines. They have to focus on performing like cheerleaders than hip hop dancers.

From the looks of it, some put a little more effort in it than others. Maddie, Lexie and Alexis to name a few.

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Thanks for those videos @CowboysFanatic. I love watching DCRB, especially Klarissa.

You're welcome! The DCRB are a really great dance team. Every time I watch a video of their performances, I wish that I had taken up dance growing up, then be able to relocate and audition for them.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

It doesn’t match the music very well. That was the most off putting thing about it to me. 

• Love 3
On 9/15/2018 at 2:32 AM, Agent Gully said:

That photo of VK (the promo?) was dreadful. Too much going on with her teeth/mouth and as you mentioned, the unbrushed hair.

Even though it is immature, I do understand a bit why she acts as she does with Kelli/Judy in the office. My late father was a principal in the junior high I attended.  He often had the two vice principals over to dinner with their families and even for  long weekends at their vacation home. I grew up with the two VPs and if I were called into their office (I wasn't ever) for a minor infraction, I believe I would have been quite comfortable. I also think that they might have been more lenient with me than with other students. I think something similar is going on with Victoria. She doesn't take the feedback as seriously because she believes that Kelli will put her on the squad in the end.

I feel your pain. My father was a coach/teacher at my high school. One afternoon, my boyfriend kissed me at my locker and the homemaking teacher saw us and reported us to the principal for PDA.  Over the intercom, they announced " xxx and xxx need to come to the office immediately. Oh, and Coach xxx you should probably come too!!!"  I NEVER  lived that down at home AND at school!!  (this had nothing to do with DCC, just wanted to share my similar story)..

However, on that line, I agree that VK is very immature. Her actions and her choices have obviously made that clear over and over.  Always being the youngest in my class, I was extremely emotionally immature and constantly did stupid shit to be the center of attention. I didn't "get it" and grow up until I was about 30.  I agree with others that she needs a couple of years away from DCC and start her own path - I really think being on a dance team in college would make a huge difference for VK. She needs to continue at her community college, learn to eat healthy, trim and tone up. Take dance classes from Kitty and/or Michelle Keys and transfer to a University and audition for their dance team, at least for a couple of years- this will be another humbling experience- she'll be put in her place REAL quick on many levels....no Kelli, Kitty or her mother to save her and excuse away her bs.   She needs to be around students closer to her age because I personally, think she has a fun, silly personality. I think she's likeable.  However, she has certainly been shoved down our throats!! 

Obviously, lying to your superior and/or employer is never a good thing- an understatement. I do believe though, that this all has to do with her immaturity and bad choices has hopefully taught her another tough life lesson.  I would think that at this point, nothing got more real than getting cut by TPTB.   Just my opinion. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I found it on YouTube. Everyone was there, plus the DCRB and a drum line. Groups 1 & 2 were on the other side of the field with I think Kash at point. Cameras were by 3 & 4. I’m not sure if I can figure out how to embed. 

Try this. 

UGH! I couldn't sit thru that hot mess.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, PrayDanceLove said:

I don't think we have it wrong, I think she was sizing up her competition and you probably didn't even notice it. Remember, a lot of us have information about her from insider sources and from her behavior on this show. I respect your interactions with her, but I also don't think it can be taken as gospel. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I don't think we have it wrong, I think she was sizing up her competition and you probably didn't even notice it. Remember, a lot of us have information about her from insider sources and from her behavior on this show. I respect your interactions with her, but I also don't think it can be taken as gospel. 

image.png.3d7097868046dea442040d4308ff24c3.png

• Love 21