Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

The video showing Victoria before her meeting tonight seemed really fake to me. Have we ever seen someone so animated before thinking they may be cut?

We all know that feeling when you think you’re about to lose your job or your boyfriend is about to break up with you... it’s that sick, stomach churning feeling and makes you barely able to speak, not “omg I might be about to lose my job!!!”  

Sadly, yes I think she was definitely told she was guaranteed a spot and knew this was just part of the game. 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, hereforthedrama said:

You can see a bunch of the vets run up to comfort Dayton and are in the elevator with her. Any insight to whether that happened with Victoria’s cut?

What in the heck am I missing ??!!! (Judy crying when she sees Dayton crying....several girls going down the elevator with her? ) Where is everyone seeing this ? I didn't miss an episode did I ? - I thought it was on tonight (Thursday ) The last cut I saw was Lynsie 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

I'm a newbie - just started watching last season.  Kelli's fascination with Brianna - showed me she does not evaluate fairly. (Also the level of skill of some of the training camp candidates proved that they are NOT looking for "world class" dancers.)

Well, since there was so much controversy with her daughter - I can see why she wouldn't.

I know there is a lot of Dayton love on this board - but I can see this.  There is a clip of Dayton reviewing choreo with her mom, getting corrections. There is no excuse for not nailing every single combination after it has been initially taught.  I don't doubt she was treated unfairly - but that doesn't make up for the lapses in picking up and retaining choreo, basic skill, etc.  Even Malena who has admitted her shortcomings, has been praised here and there.  If you want something bad enough - there is a way. I don't believe Dayton is fake like VK, I don't think she felt entitled.  What comes across is just not being 100% vested.  If you truly love dance, you take every experience as a learning one - her new gig will bring that. I wish her luck. 

Brianna had very good dance technique and was beautiful.   She just struggled w/ the style cause she was so classically trained.  I see why Kelli liked her and kept giving her more chances.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, KoKo said:

What in the heck am I missing ??!!! (Judy crying when she sees Dayton crying....several girls going down the elevator with her? ) Where is everyone seeing this ? I didn't miss an episode did I ? - I thought it was on tonight (Thursday ) The last cut I saw was Lynsie 

CMT "accidently" released clips of the show early and then took them off the CMT site.  So some of us have already seen what happens.

"These Boots …." was back on today with Maddie and Miranda.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

CMT "accidently" released clips of the show early and then took them off the CMT site.  So some of us have already seen what happens.

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Got it ~ Thank you!   I was worried that I had slipped into a coma and missed a week of my life, or more important, MTT !!  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, KoKo said:

Got it ~ Thank you!   I was worried that I had slipped into a coma and missed a week of my life, or more important, MTT !!  

No kidding:)  I'm on the West Coast, so by the time I came to the forum two pages had filled up and posters were going off about Kitty, and I'm like, Whaaaaaat….in slow motion.  Then I caught up and now I'm not happy:/

• Love 7

Judy Trammell Retweeted CMT

Tonight I will be live tweeting during #DCCMakingTheTeam on @CMT Very emotional night!

I am sure this is the last thing Judy wants to be doing tonight.  My guess is CMT is  making  her do it.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I will put Kelli and Charlotte in the same league. They both should feel bad for what they did. I would not be surprised if Victoria was given hints about her weight, but she ignored the hints. She probably started pulling her it might be my thyroid acting up. Not saying thyroid disorders or the medication(s) to treat a thyroid disorder may cause weight gain, but her actions speak louder than words. If it was a thyroid condition, Judy, Kelli and Charlotte probably would have been willing to work with her.

Medication for hypothyroid disorder will not make you gain weight, in addition to many other factors, it works as a signal to your thyroid gland, your brain-pituitary gland, etc....it will help kick in your metabolism,which sometimes is at 0 when you're really struggling with this.  So indirectly you may start losing weight. It's not going to happen overnight though and your fatigue and many other severe issues are overlooked.   Thyroid medication is not a "miracle pill" and you won't just drop weight immediately.  

• Love 1

I see no reason for Dayton to come back to DCC auditions.  She has a job that will take her around the world and pay her!  Why would she want to come back to Dallas when she could be in Australia?  Or Italy or any number of places.  To be fair, I do know someone who had a job as a dancer on a cruise ship but I think she stopped because she missed her boyfriend (now husband).  But anyway, this opportunity can take her places DCC cannot.  

You go do the world Dayton!

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Medication for hypothyroid disorder will not make you gain weight, in addition to many other factors, it works as a signal to your thyroid gland, your brain-pituitary gland, etc....it will help kick in your metabolism,which sometimes is at 0 when you're really struggling with this.  So indirectly you may start losing weight. It's not going to happen overnight though and your fatigue and many other severe issues are overlooked.   Thyroid medication is not a "miracle pill" and you won't just drop weight immediately.  

It does when your doctor overreacts on your test results and lowers your dose:(  

So the podcast was taped last Thursday, so they are talking about Travis Wall and Denise.  Nothing juicy yet.  Shannon is asking Maddie if she has a boyfriend yet, cause she didn't have one last time.  She said she's never had one.  I'm thinking, Shannon - leave her alone!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Here is my thought of Victoria and her alleged thyroid disorder. The thyroid hormone replacement medication I take because I do not have functioning thyroid anymore can be use for weight loss also. Victoria could say hey my thyroid is out of whack aka hypothyroidism leading to her gaining weight. She asks her doctor for a thyroid replacement medication because too much thyroid hormones can lead to hyperthyroidism and weight loss. Her fear of seeing the Cowboys doctor because he probably would say blood tests are needed to see how her thyroid levels are and may also suggest a thyroid scan also may have lead to the see is lying leading her to be cut.

In Season 7, TC Candidate Amy's cut scene was heavily edited to make it look like she was spaced out by saying yes ma'm over and over again. Her sister came on Facebook and said her scene was edited to make her look bad. She was in Urgent Care the night before cameo photo day because she was trying to lose weight to fit in her uniform leading her to get sick. She was nervous while talking with Kelli and Judy, and she said more than yes ma'm. I think CMT definitely edits scenes to make girls especially girls who will be cut look bad which makes Kelli and Judy look good when they decide to cut someone.

And in the case of Malena, she was kept around because Kelli likes her. I think she wanted to keep Malena on the squad, but Charlotte said no cut her. If Malena was not liked by Kelli period, she probably would have been the first cut.

I had commented on a previous post of your's regarding Victoria's "alleged" thyroid disorder.  I, like you don't have a functioning thyroid, in fact I've been meds all my life -I was born with a completely non-functioning hypothyroid condition. ....wasn't wanting to sound like "miss know it all", but just giving a brief insight to some that aren't aware.   I hope that you're in a place where you're not struggling with it and feel decent.  IF V really does have this, she needs to get this under control with a full panel blood screening and find the balance that she needs. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

You all are forgetting the worst part. Victoria would likely have made the team even with the weight had it not been for her horrible lie. 

and isn't that a scary thought -- she may have been the DCC's Malena.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It does when your doctor overreacts on your test results and lowers your dose:(  

So the podcast was taped last Thursday, so they are talking about Travis Wall and Denise.  Nothing juicy yet.  Shannon is asking Maddie if she has a boyfriend yet, cause she didn't have one last time.  She said she's never had one.  I'm thinking, Shannon - leave her alone!

Well, yes, you're absolutely right.  My frame of mind was thinking about medication that actually "puts weight on" v. the condition itself that can make you gain weight if the medication isn't adjusted correctly........excuse me while I ramble on, lol

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KoKo said:

Well, yes, you're absolutely right.  My frame of mind was thinking about medication that actually "puts weight on" v. the condition itself that can make you gain weight if the medication isn't adjusted correctly........excuse me while I ramble on, lol

Oh you're fine:)  I think because there are quite a few of us on this board who have a thyroid issue, we are a little bit sensitive to what may or may not have been said to excuse VK's weight gain.  And I think the info we've given has helped to explain things. 

I, for one, can't wait to see the last eps of the season to see exactly what is said and done.  Being the vindictive little troll I am, I hope we get to see her in trouble for lying.  I also hope to see Kelli tell her to not try out again, but I doubt that will happen cause then we won't have a scandalous comeback girl for next season.  And I don't think we've had one of those.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh you're fine:)  I think because there are quite a few of us on this board who have a thyroid issue, we are a little bit sensitive to what may or may not have been said to excuse VK's weight gain.  And I think the info we've given has helped to explain things. 

I, for one, can't wait to see the last eps of the season to see exactly what is said and done.  Being the vindictive little troll I am, I hope we get to see her in trouble for lying.  I also hope to see Kelli tell her to not try out again, but I doubt that will happen cause then we won't have a scandalous comeback girl for next season.  And I don't think we've had one of those.

Believe me, I totally get it.  I was born with a completely inactive thyroid. I'm 55 now..... 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, KoKo said:

It can take six to eight weeks for the medication to kick in. Blood tests and med dosage monitoring are important. Victoria said her thyroid was causing her weight gain. If this is true, she should have been going to her primary care physician for blood tests and possible thyroid scan. I do not understand the need to see a Cowboys doctor because her own doctor probably would send her to an endocrinologist unless he or she thought the weight gain was due to something else. I have a problem with Victoria saying her thyroid was the cause because she did not want to see the Cowboys doctor to have simple blood tests to check her levels.

Edited by bigskygirl
35 minutes ago, KoKo said:

I had commented on a previous post of your's regarding Victoria's "alleged" thyroid disorder.  I, like you don't have a functioning thyroid, in fact I've been meds all my life -I was born with a completely non-functioning hypothyroid condition. ....wasn't wanting to sound like "miss know it all", but just giving a brief insight to some that aren't aware.   I hope that you're in a place where you're not struggling with it and feel decent.  IF V really does have this, she needs to get this under control with a full panel blood screening and find the balance that she needs. 

You definitely did not sound like a miss know it all. Sorry to hear you were born with a completely non-functioning thyroid. It has been a major work in progress to keep my thyroid levels in a good place. Right now I feel like I am back in hyperthyroid land. I guess I will find out in early October when I see my endocrinologist for a follow up appointment. Since I started taking a thyroid hormone replacement med in late January 2013, I have been sick and miserable with multiple health issues.

It just bugs me Victoria may be using her thyroid as the reason why she had weight gain when so many people struggle due to having a thyroid condition. It is not fun at all! I remember when I went into remission for a long time after being diagnosed with Graves Disease. It was so nice to feel good. I miss those days. It also bugs me when Kelli, Charlotte and Miss Kitty make excuses for her. Oh well!

3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

VK was twice seen stopping for a milkshake after rehearsal.  Just sayin . . .

and that's why I don't buy the Thyroid story -- further evidence was the second scoop of whipped cream on dessert when she went to dinner with Emma? and her husband.  

• Love 7

I remember last year Holly P posted a picture of her cookies and cream smoothie from Jamba Juice that she was drinking before practice.  I looked it up (cause it looked really good) and it had a mix of carbs/fat/protein.  That's how you should do it.  But I can see the girls practicing for how many hours a night, and just starving when it's done.  And I can see an active 18 year old thinking what the heck?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

You all are forgetting the worst part. Victoria would likely have made the team even with the weight had it not been for her horrible lie. 

Horrible lie?  Saying she went to a doctor appt when she didn’t?   If that’s really what it was, that’s hardly a horrible lie - a horrible lie is telling your spouse you aren’t cheating on them when you are, it’s saying you have a college degree when you don’t, it’s saying you’ve never been convicted of a crime when you haven’t, etc.

What really was the big awful consequence of VK’s lie?

6 hours ago, Jennv said:

I hope they show us the truth of what happened with Vicky. This is pure conjecture, but I am guessing she crash dieted leading up to audition, then couldn't maintain it. Someone, possibly Tina, told her to claim thyroid, thinking a legit medical issue would buy her time to take it back off. If she legit had a thyroid problem her mother would have already had her at a doctor. Maybe she didn't expect Kelli to insist on a Cowboys Doc. 

I think the Cowboys doc being involved in VK’s weight gain reasons was out of line.   If they think she’s too heavy, cut her or give her more time to fix it - the possible medical reasons behind it really aren’t their business IMO.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

What proof do we have that they are still friends? I see Vicky with Sam Fin and I see Dayton with Sam Fin, but I don't see Vicky and Dayton together on social media. 

They've been together since. 

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

"These Boots …." was back on today with Maddie and Miranda.

I thought it was Kashara and Amy today

Maddie was last week.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Horrible lie?  Saying she went to a doctor appt when she didn’t?   If that’s really what it was, that’s hardly a horrible lie - a horrible lie is telling your spouse you aren’t cheating on them when you are, it’s saying you have a college degree when you don’t, it’s saying you’ve never been convicted of a crime when you haven’t, etc.

I think the Cowboys doc being involved in VK’s weight gain reasons was out of line.   If they think she’s too heavy, cut her or give her more time to fix it - the possible medical reasons behind it really aren’t their business IMO.

If you lie about this "little stuff" you will probably have a tendency to excuse it and lie about big stuff -- who draws the line?  If you lie to an employer, the employer gets to draw the line.

No, it wasn't the Cowboys business until she made it their business by putting it out there -- they didn't have to offer to help but they did and then she lied about it and tried to throw another employee under the bus.

She thought that she had an "in" Kelly and Kitty fed that belief and she didn't take it seriously -- she thought she was dealing with Aunt Kelli not her boss, Charlotte.  

The Cowboys had every right to do what they did, no matter the circumstances -- bottom line -- if "you" don't like it -- don't participate -- there are other NFL and Basketball teams out there.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

The Cowboys doctor played no role in the whole thing. She was sent to the doctor because she said her weight gain due to a possible thyroid disorder. The doctor did not see her at all. No examination, blood tests or medical tests were done by him. Victoria said she went to see him when in reality she did not. If she lied about a possible thyroid disorder and Kelli and Charlotte wanted actual proof about it then the doctor should not be blame for the whole thing. It is on Victoria and no one else. She brought it on herself when she said her weight gain was caused by a thyroid disorder. If she did not want to meet with Jinelle for help or see the doctor, she should have not lied and/or brought in proof she had a thyroid disorder leading to a diagnosis and treatment plan.

Edited by bigskygirl

I think Judy is in a tough position of if you can't say something nice she is choosing to not say anything at all. No way her hyper critical eye didn't catch that Victoria had dance and weight issues. I never really had a problem with Cassie. She was fit with long legs and an ok dancer. She wasn't the best but she wasn't the worst. I could see her making it without Judy. Maybe not the year she made it but another year. And because of this legacy issue with Dayton and Vick hits close to home she is saying nothing! Hope this doesn't end her career with DCC because she is my favorite but she does seem checked out.

• Love 17
28 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

You try lying to an employer about health reasons that mean  you can’t do your job. Let’s see how long that lasts. Employers are entitled to medical information if its a reason you can’t work. Lying about it would be grounds for dismissal. It’s a serious lie,is what I’m trying to convey.

I agree she should have been cut for weight much earlier. The team could have saved themselves embarrassment and loss of a lot of good will and trust. She should have been cut earlier or not even made training camp. I do think Kelli expected more maturity from her and believed she would lose it. I wonder if she wished she had just kept Selina.

if Victoria did make the team, I wonder if she would have made it a year?

Edited by rose711
  • Love 9

I just started watching "These Boots" with KaShara and Amy.  I am SO, SO glad that Shannon cleared up what kind of nachos the girls preferred!!  I really was curious about that!  SMH

Hopefully he'll find out who their favorite Disney Princess is, too!!   

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I just started watching "These Boots" with KaShara and Amy.  I am SO, SO glad that Shannon cleared up what kind of nachos the girls preferred!!  I really was curious about that!  SMH

Why is Shannon the lead interviewer? He's make my head hurt. As much as I love Kash and Amy, I had to stop listening because of him.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, rose711 said:

You try lying to an employer about health reasons you can’t do your job. Let’s see how long that lasts. Employers are entitled to medical information if its a reason you can’t work. Lying about it would be grounds for dismissal. It’s a serious lie,is what I’m trying to convey.

I agree she should have been cut for weight much earlier. The team could have saved themselves embarrassment and loss of a lot of good will and trust.

But she hadn’t even been “hired” yet.   If she had proof of some thyroid condition where they going to let her be on the team?  I really doubt it.   

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ales-ya said:

WOW!  Kitty disappoints me.  So what VK has been involved with the organization for a long time.  That doesn’t mean any other girl hasn’t worked just as hard, and would have not even made into camp for being the same size as VK.  

I do feel badly for VK in this though.  It’s not her fault she gets so much favoritism.  And what is she supposed to do, ask them to stop?  Lol yeah right!  If I had a break like that toward my dream, I’d take it and run with it just like she’s doing.  ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

There's been a LOT of girls who have been in the DCC system for a long time.  If they audition for the DCC after all that and made it to Training Camp, they've also worked their tailfeathers off to prove that they deserve to be there so being there for 10 years doesn't make it as special as Kitty and Kelli want it to be. 

As for Victoria, she  hasn't shown me that she deserves to be in Training Camp yet.  It might not be her fault that she gets shown so much favoritism, but it IS her fault that she takes shameless advantage of it without the extra effort and hard work to show that she DESERVES to be there.  Being humble and appreciative wouldn't hurt either.  She has to work twice as hard as the rest of them BECAUSE she know Kelli and the gang, but we've seen her working half as much as the others.  We see her counting on that relationship with "the bosses" to get her where she needs to go and not doing the work necessary or only doing just enough to get by.  We also see her counting on being cute and bubbly enough in the hopes that we won't notice she's sloppy and out of control in a lot of the dances.  It takes someone with a lot of maturity to take advantage of the situation and yet still prove that they deserve it.  I don't see that.

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

But she hadn’t even been “hired” yet.   If she had proof of some thyroid condition where they going to let her be on the team?  I really doubt it.   

Jordan Ketchum was hypothyroid when she tried out for the team, and she made the team her rookie year. Someone said former DCC Megan Sharp had a thyroid condition her fourth and last year, and she was on the team and was an All-Star. Having a thyroid condition is not the kiss of death and means your life is over. I have seen at least one Olympic track star who had Graves Disease, and she was able to compete. I bet Judy, Kelli and Charlotte along with Victoria's medical team would have work with her if she did have a thyroid disorder.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

The new rookies are lean, mean, dancing machines who broke the nepotism glass ceiling. I applaud them.

Except they didn't. Had VK not got caught in a web of lies, one of those rookies would have gone home and VK would be in their place. 

54 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Being cut from the roster. Which, in VK's world, is the absolute worst thing that could have ever happened to her. 

19 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

She had signed her contract already. Technically she was hired. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:
58 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Being cut from the roster. Which, in VK's world, is the absolute worst thing that could have ever happened to her. 

Also, something Victoria may appreciate when she matures, being thought of as someone who lacks integrity is a pretty negative consequence.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

A lie is a lie.  This lie will follow Victoria the rest of her life since it has been all over social media.  People will always wonder if she lied about this what else would she lie about to get what she wants.  She was heavy when she started TC, she was lucky she got into TC this year.  She gained more weight because she thought  that she is God's gift to DCC and could do no wrong.  

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

A lie is a lie.  This lie will follow Victoria the rest of her life since it has been all over social media.  People will always wonder if she lied about this what else would she lie about to get what she wants.  She was heavy when she started TC, she was lucky she got into TC this year.  She gained more weight because she thought  that she is God's gift to DCC and could do no wrong.  

People lie to their employers every day.  Calling in sick when you really aren’t, telling your boss you have a doctors appt when you’re really leaving early to get across town to meet up with a friend, saying your car broke down and that’s why you were late when you just overslept.  It happens - people lie to cover for their shortcomings or imperfections.  For whatever reason VK either didn’t want to go to their doctor or she just missed the appointment for some irresponsible reason - she would have been smarter to make up a story for why she didn’t make it as opposed to saying she did go when she didn’t, but it’s naive to think a high percentage of people don’t lie to their employers and those that do are without integrity or bad people.

Same thing with Keyras cut and her being late.  People are late all the time - it happens.  She’s not a bad person cause she showed up late to two appearances.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6

VK did more than just not show up at the doctor office. She said she went to the appointment, but when Kelli or Jinelle said thank you for seeing Victoria with his busy schedule and making the time to see her, he said she did not show up. Big difference than oops I forgot I had the appointment, or I did not want to see the doctor period. If she had a thyroid condition causing her to gain weight within a short period of time, she should have jumped at the chance to prove it and work with Kelli and Jinelle because it sounds like the both of them were quite willing to work with her. And throw in the fact at least one year vet was cut at finals due to her weight, and one vet was allegedly cut at the near end of TC due to weight gain, I would not be pleased at all with her.

9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

There's a difference.  The only thing keeping Victoria from being cut was a claimed medical condition (i.e., "I'm not a fat pig, I just have a thyroid condition").  In light of that, her employer was kind enough to not cut her and instead let her seek medical advice.  Her employer even brought in another employee, Jinelle, to assist.  Despite this grace on the part of the employer, Victoria lied about consulting with this doctor -- again, the only thing that could help excuse her noncompliance with the employer's standards (i.e., weight).  And in so doing, she also threw Jinelle under the bus.  On, and this employer is also the best friend of Victoria's mother, meaning that the employer risked charges of nepotism in even giving Victoria a chance to begin with.  Despite all those chances and the awkward position Kelli was in, Victoria just did what she wanted to to and lied about the whole thing.  That says to me, selfish entitled human being.  

In my opinion, Kelli did not think the whole thing out when she told Victoria she had a spot on the team. There have been girls who were cut for weight who probably would have jump for joy to have Jinelle work with them in order to get better eating tips and workout tips. The ball was in Victoria's court, and she did lost the game on her own.

Edited by bigskygirl
11 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Maddie Malloy looks so sweet too, I wonder what Kitty is talking about

Madeline took a lot of Kitty's classes in the months between 2017 and 2018 auditions. I imagine Kitty had ample opportunity to observe Madeline with the other girls and pick up on some stankness. On the other hand, maybe Kitty is full of crap. When you look at Madeline's instagram, she seems to have a lot of friends, many of whom are in the DCC sphere. She seemed to have completely immersed herself in the DCC world after she got cut last year. Her social media tells the story of someone who is well liked. But of course social media can tell any story you want it to.

11 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Kelli also said it was noticed at auditions and Kelli said she never said anything too. They knew VK had a weight issue at auditions, but overlooked it....then she gains 11 lbs...Kelli has removed vets from appearances on just 5 lbs.

I feel like Kelli was trying to come across like the news of VK's weight gain was a surprise. Victoria didn't "just gain" 11 pounds like they make it sound. Like one day she got on the scale and holy cow! Look at that! 11 pounds! These girls get weighed at auditions. They get weighed at the start of training camp and every week thereafter. Every single week VK had to get on the scale and look somebody in the eye while they told her her weight had gone up. And if Kelli herself didn't do the weighing, she certainly got a report every week. She saw the trend and let it continue. She was complicit.

11 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I am told that the morale among this year's squad is some of the worst ever and many blame Victoria for that. 

Why would morale be down still? Victoria got the boot. You'd think they'd all be ecstatic now and rejoicing in their freedom from her.

10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

If this rookie class was as great as they claim it is, and they were having trouble making decisions, well then, there you go - VK gave you a reason to cut her on a silver platter. It should’ve been easy.

THIS. If Kelli was reluctant to cut VK because of Tina, here was a reason Tina could not argue with. Weight gain isn't subjective. If they say VK was outdanced or outperformed, or didn't fit in with the others, those are perceptions that could be argued. But 11 lbs is 11 lbs. and is something Tina couldn't blame Kelli for.

10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I hope they go more into the girls with attitude issues.  Madeline was definitely not the one I heard about.  Interesting. 

Which one was the one you heard about? I thought it was interesting that Kitty seemed to think there were MANY girls who needed a kick in the rear.  (Meanwhile, that whole scene made me wonder what Kitty was like when she was a DCC because she certainly acts like a Queen Bee now. I have no problem picturing her as a mean girl on the squad.)

9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Exactly right.   Malena should have been the first cut, and before she resigned her job at SMU.  It made me so angry that she sat there, told them she never danced for the Jets, and can't remember choreography, and they didn't tell her goodbye, and not to quit her full time job.    Especially since she told Kelli and Judy that she was on the Jets cheer team but didn't disclose that she just walked around in a uniform, and  never performed for the Jets, because she couldn't perform the choreography.    

Let's be real, Kelli knew from jump that Malena never danced for the Jets. I don't buy that scene when Malena confessed that she'd only be an ambassador and Kelli acted surprised. Kelli checked Malena's references before she ever invited her into TC. Kelli spoke with the Jets director and knew good and well that Malena had never danced, and she chose her anyway. I'm not a big believer that they choose certain girls as cannon fodder for this show, but this Malena situation has me reconsidering my position on that.

9 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Kelli should create some form of Ambassador Group for Malena to be on since that is what Kelli sees. They could do meet n greets, give speeches, do visits...etc. without the performing.

That's the purpose of the All Stars. Unlike other NFL teams, the DCC's ambassadors have to earn their way into that position by virtue of prior outstanding performance on the team.

8 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I can't believe Kelli was satisfied with these photos this year.  If I was director, I would have had them redone. 

That's the thing that kills me about this - they didn't even have to re-shoot. The DCC photographer is tethered to a laptop during the shoot. Kelli can see the shots as they are being taken. If she didn't have a good shot of Hannah, she would have known it at the time. She should have made them keep shooting until they had a usable shot. And if they couldn't get a good shot...well...other girls have been cut for worse. Being photogenic is one of the many requirements for the DCC. And I'm saying that as someone who really likes Hannah in terms of personality and performance.

7 hours ago, Jennv said:

I hope they show us the truth of what happened with Vicky. This is pure conjecture, but I am guessing she crash dieted leading up to audition, then couldn't maintain it.

I don't think so. I took a good look through VK's instagram in the weeks before auditions. She was always soft around the waist and people were constantly commenting on it. Photos and references to her workouts kept popping up on her social media and other places, like Jay Johnson's page. I kept waiting for her to get lean for auditions. It never happened.

10 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

I think the Cameos would be better if the makeup wasn't so horribly bad. What's up with the high peach colored blush? Some look a little sick.

They photoshop the hell out of the swimsuit photos. I wonder why they put so much less effort into the cameos. They could have fixed the makeup. Easily.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

I agree that the lie will follow VK in other similar dance jobs for the foreseeable future, but the rest of her life? I doubt that. As @MyFavShows stated, people lie to employers all of the time, and while most aren't dumb enough to get caught, employers are well aware of that (they were employees once too). They also lie to their employees to about numerous issues that they don't want them to know about. If we were talking about a DUI, that may follow someone for the rest of his/her life. Cheating in college and getting suspended or expelled will follow someone, but lying to the potential cheer coach at age 18....I'm not seeing that.   I know several recruiters and most don't have time, nor the urge, to sift through three hundred pages on a message board. Now these are recruiters for corporate jobs, and dance recruiters may be different, but ultimately as long as VK grows up, matures, and gets out of the DCC bubble, she'll be fine. I think that's the main question - has she learned anything from this? I don't know her, so I can't answer that, but for her sake, I hope she has. 

ETA: To be fair, my position on this has changed over time. Several years ago, I would've been on the "lies...how dare she, she's done" train, but working with HR departments and in labor and employment has either made me more aware or just jaded lol. Behavior has to be really egregious or persistent for me to really think its all that bad. That doesn't mean you can't get justifiably fired for minor things (you absolutely can), but most of the things that we've seen on this show aren't that egregious in the grand scheme of things to me. VK's may be an exception and may be worse than I think, but hell, at this point, I think she should've been cut a long time ago, so I'm almost happy that she lied and forced Kelli's hand.  

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

People lie to their employers every day.  

So this makes it okay?!  Is this someone you feel you can trust with a brand as big as the Cowboys organization?  

9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

There's a difference.  The only thing keeping Victoria from being cut was a claimed medical condition (i.e., "I'm not a fat pig, I just have a thyroid condition").  In light of that, her employer was kind enough to not cut her and instead let her seek medical advice.  Her employer even brought in another employee, Jinelle, to assist.  Despite this grace on the part of the employer, Victoria lied about consulting with this doctor -- again, the only thing that could help excuse her noncompliance with the employer's standards (i.e., weight).  And in so doing, she also threw Jinelle under the bus.  On, and this employer is also the best friend of Victoria's mother, meaning that the employer risked charges of nepotism in even giving Victoria a chance to begin with.  Despite all those chances and the awkward position Kelli was in, Victoria just did what she wanted to to and lied about the whole thing.  That says to me, selfish entitled human being.  

Bingo.  There's a HUGE difference. 

When you lie, you lose trust.  You lose integrity.  Take Holly P.  for example.  Although hers was on a much larger scale, once trust is lost, no matter the circumstance, it can be damn near impossible to gain back.  Especially someone under the magnifying glass as much as VK.  I don't think she's a bad person, but we've seen other 18 year olds come to TC and have the mentality to comport themselves more maturely.  It's a tough lesson to learn and I can't imagine how hard it is when being discussed all over social media.  I hope she does learn and moves on.  Preferably outside of the Dallas circle.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

Oh, they were and are ecstatic about that.  But it made for a very stressful summer as Victoria, who constantly ran to Kelli and Judy to "report" on the girls, had them believing that she was already on the team.  So this team didn't get lots of opportunities to just let loose, enjoy themselves and bond with one another as Victoria was hanging over them until the very end.   Also, some of the girls were disciplined for complaining about the favoritism behind the scenes (it got reported back to Kelli and Judy) and so people now feel like they're walking on eggshells most of the time with most of the girls just keeping to themselves.  Plus, Kelli is super defensive about it now in light of the negative reaction many of the fans have had.  Finally, one of them told me that the whole Victoria debacle called into question just how fair the whole process is and also undermined the squad's respect for Kelli.

I’ve lost respect for Kelli too - probably going back at least to victoria falling out of her turns and Kelli not reacting as she would have with any other girl. 

I have never once felt this way about Kelli. I know she was over the top with Brianna last season and I have disagreed with cuts here and there - but I always trusted her judgement. 

Maybe that’s part of the reason I’m losing my love for this show. Lose of respect for Kelli and a silent,largely absent, Judy.

• Love 24
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Also, something Victoria may appreciate when she matures, being thought of as someone who lacks integrity is a pretty negative consequence.

So true. The internet is forever! 

51 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

People lie to their employers every day.  Calling in sick when you really aren’t, telling your boss you have a doctors appt when you’re really leaving early to get across town to meet up with a friend, saying your car broke down and that’s why you were late when you just overslept.  It happens - people lie to cover for their shortcomings or imperfections.  For whatever reason VK either didn’t want to go to their doctor or she just missed the appointment for some irresponsible reason - she would have been smarter to make up a story for why she didn’t make it as opposed to saying she did go when she didn’t, but it’s naive to think a high percentage of people don’t lie to their employers and those that do are without integrity or bad people.

Same thing with Keyras cut and her being late.  People are late all the time - it happens.  She’s not a bad person cause she showed up late to two appearances.

Most people don't have their lives and lies aired on national television. 

5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Oh, they were and are ecstatic about that.  But it made for a very stressful summer as Victoria, who constantly ran to Kelli and Judy to "report" on the girls, had them believing that she was already on the team.  So this team didn't get lots of opportunities to just let loose, enjoy themselves and bond with one another as Victoria was hanging over them until the very end.   Also, some of the girls were disciplined for complaining about the favoritism behind the scenes (it got reported back to Kelli and Judy) and so people now feel like they're walking on eggshells most of the time with most of the girls just keeping to themselves.  Plus, Kelli is super defensive about it now in light of the negative reaction many of the fans have had.  Finally, one of them told me that the whole Victoria debacle called into question just how fair the whole process is and also undermined the squad's respect for Kelli.

I mean I hate Kelli for what she's done and I'm not even on the team. I can't even imagine how bitter I would be if I were in this whole debacle. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

So true. The internet is forever! 

Most people don't have their lives and lies aired on national television. 

I mean I hate Kelli for what she's done and I'm not even on the team. I can't even imagine how bitter I would be if I were in this whole debacle. 

After last year's drama, I'd be like seriously!!!???

• Love 5