Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

But she hadn’t even been “hired” yet.   If she had proof of some thyroid condition where they going to let her be on the team?  I really doubt it.   

The contract they sign is a binding employment contract. 

The point is she lied about seeing a doctor for a medical condition that impacted  a fundamental aspect her job.  It’s more than just covering up for oversleeping.  If I lied about a medical condition to explain poor job performance, I would be in trouble. My employer would want me to get well and would send me to doctors. If it was all a lie, I would be fired eventually.

We do agree they should have cut her for weight, so maybe it doesn’t matter. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, rose711 said:

The contract they sign is a binding employment contract. 

The point is she lied about seeing a doctor for a medical condition that impacted  a fundamental aspect her job.  It’s more than just covering up for oversleeping.  If I lied about a medical condition to explain poor job performance, I would be in trouble. My employer would want me to get well and would send me to doctors. If it was all a lie, I would be fired eventually.

We do agree they should have cut her for weight, so maybe it doesn’t matter. 

Agreed on that. Lying about going to a doctor's appointment and making up a medical condition to cover for not going to the doctor are different. If VK did the latter, thats a big issue. If you lie and say that you're not coming in because you have a bad cold, when you're really just taking a day off to chill, your boss may be annoyed, but that's probably not going cause long-term issues. If you lie and say that you're taking off to go to your childhood friend's funeral when no one died, well thats a different level of lying. Lying about a serious medical condition would be one of those things that would cause people's opinions to change about you, especially because almost everyone knows someone who has struggled with thyroid issues. Thats not something to play about. This has not been confirmed though right (by that, I mean that she lied about having a medical condition, not about skipping the doctor's appt)? 

• Love 2

Tonight’s random thought while watching the show...I recently watched a Friends marathon.  If you look at the first season, they were very pure and real.  By the last season, they’d become caricatures of those original characters.  This is what has happened for me on MTT.  Kitty and Kelli have become caricatures, exaggerated versions, of themselves.  Now back to the show.

• Love 19

I think they planned to feature VK, as if she would be certain to make the team, but the joke was on the production company, wasn't it?    The smart thing would be to feature someone like Brennan, some others like Jalyn who seem to have the dance and memory skills, and stop featuring rookies that don't have a snowballs chance, like Malena and VK.  You can tell the film crew dislike VK, with the straight on filming when she jiggles to the office for her talks.   

Tara looked like she doesn't even care to be in the training camp.   Greasy hair with zero style, weight gain (about as much as Princess Vicky), and seemed to be bored with the dancing.    Whatever is wrong, I hope she'll be OK.  

• Love 4

My heart breaks for Dayton. I wish I could have hugged her through the screen. Everything showed she was on her way to making the team. She had a bad night with the choreo in the first few scenes, but when learning Nick's routine, it literally looked like she was LEARNING THE ROUTINE. I saw no struggle there so idk what Kitty saw. 

But I can see why Tara got cut. She looked like she needed a shower and a nap (I mean she probably did, I  know I would after 4+ hours dancing). There was no personality there like her first year. 

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think they planned to feature VK, as if she would be certain to make the team, but the joke was on the production company, wasn't it?    The smart thing would be to feature someone like Brennan, some others like Jalyn who seem to have the dance and memory skills, and stop featuring rookies that don't have a snowballs chance, like Malena and VK.  You can tell the film crew dislike VK, with the straight on filming when she jiggles to the office for her talks.   

Tara looked like she doesn't even care to be in the training camp.   Greasy hair with zero style, weight gain (about as much as Princess Vicky), and seemed to be bored with the dancing.    Whatever is wrong, I hope she'll be OK.  

I’m confused with the whole hair thing...doesn’t Kelli get to control their look? Obviously the color and cut is something they approved of before and the girls don’t have free reign to change their look so can they really blame her? Also she definitely looks puffier in the face but her body is no where nearly as bad as Victoria’s. Her 10 pounds took her from being one of the tiniest girls to DCC soft (those during her meeting she didn’t look half bad body wise) while Victoria went from being already DCC fat to DCC obese.

• Love 12

I wonder what made Dayton go from saying she’ll be trying out again next year post cut on camera to not trying out again until the show’s gone (or never). 

Also so was that Victoria in the elevator with Dayton to the left? I saw someone on the left with long blonde hair but not sure if it was VK

Edited by hereforthedrama
  • Love 5

Was not expecting to cry twice at an episode of DCC:MTT tonight (first at Rachel crying in the senior center and then at Dayton's cut)!! Dayton is such a classy, bright, gifted young woman and, regardless of whether she returns or not, she obviously has a brilliant future ahead of her. Shelly should be so proud of having such a wonderful daughter! 

And as if watching Dayton getting cut wasn't difficult enough, it was made even worse by Kelli trying to pass it off as keeping up the "integrity" of the team and knowing full well that VK is only still there because of the personal bias Kelli/Kitty/Charlotte have towards her. Seeing the juxtaposition of Nick's praise towards Dayton and Kitty/Kelli's indifference/coldness was so frustrating to watch. I usually look forward to Kelli's visits but tonight she seemed just awful and mean. While VK is obviously a talented dancer, she is clearly not at the level (both in maturity and technical skill) to make the team and it's a shame that the dreams of other, more-deserving girls are being trampled to make way for her. 

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

What's frustrating is they do this EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!!!  They waste so much time on girls that don't make it -- yeah, it makes a good story line if they DO, but the ROCKSTARS make a good story line, too!!!!

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Oh, they were and are ecstatic about that.  But it made for a very stressful summer as Victoria, who constantly ran to Kelli and Judy to "report" on the girls, had them believing that she was already on the team.  So this team didn't get lots of opportunities to just let loose, enjoy themselves and bond with one another as Victoria was hanging over them until the very end.   Also, behind the scenes, some of the girls were disciplined for complaining about the favoritism (it got reported back to Kelli and Judy) and so people now feel like they're walking on eggshells most of the time with most of the girls just keeping to themselves.  Plus, Kelli is super defensive about it now in light of the negative reaction many of the fans have had.  Finally, one of them told me that the whole Victoria debacle called into question just how fair the whole process is and also undermined the squad's respect for Kelli.

I can totally see this happening.  We saw it to a degree with Cassie, but I feel sorry for the girls who had to deal with Victoria during Training Camp.  As far as we know, she's the only rookie candidate who created a toxic atmosphere by not only having attitude and dance issues, but also being known as the office snitch.  The dance issues are debatable, as we've seen.  Victoria can be sweet, bubbly, giddy, happy, and the best friend a girl could have, but she also seems ridiculously immature, totally unaware of how she comes across to other people in many circumstances, overly friendly with superiors, self-aggrandizing, someone who tells tales to make herself look good and others bad, etc.

I would REALLY like to know what's going through Kelli's head right now.  She was probably hoping that this year would be the MTT comeback year and that people would not only rally to Victoria, but love her to pieces.  Unfortunately, it backfired spectacularly and not only makes Victoria look like a spoiled brat because of all the favoritism and nepotism among everything else, but it makes Kelli, Charlotte, and pretty much everyone involved with the management of the DCC look bad.  In addition, we KNEW how unfair the process is, the whole Victoria incident just helped expose it.  We also knew that Kelli, while a shrewd business woman in many aspects, has lost the respect of a LOT of people.  Her sketchy decisions, her obvious (to everyone except for her and Charlotte) nepotism and favoritism for Victoria, and lack of commitment to many of the standards she requires the girls to live up to (yet seems to let Victoria slide on) would certainly have a lot of people questioning her fitness for her position.

In a way, I hoped that Kelli is fearing for her position right now.  She probably had to sell Charlotte and others in the organization on making Victoria the "face" of this year's team, the "brand" that everyone could rally around and be proud of this bright, young "rock star" dancer who would be on the team for years to come, to be the next leader of the squad (notice how she was immediately placed into Group 1), the next point girl, the next 2GL & GL of Group 1, pro bowl girl, etc., but it blew up in her face when Victoria threw it all away with her weight gain, blase/entitled attitude, immaturity, lies, etc.  I had hoped that someone would have sat Victoria down before camp and tell her that, even though she's known Kelli and the rest for years, the moment she sets foot on the grounds of either the Star or the stadium to the moment she leaves (as well as during any "outings" with the DCC), Kelli is her boss, potential or otherwise, and to behave in a professional manner at all times because Kelli's the boss, not the aunt.  She should be treated with respect and dignity instead of happy/goofy/friendly, but sadly either no one made sure Victoria learned how to behave in a professional manner or she didn't pay attention/forgot/didn't care.

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

There was a talking head with Hannah tonight where I felt like you could freeze at almost any point & get a picture better than the awful cameo

It was definitely the makeup in her cameo.  Anytime they show her on MTT, her makeup looks really pretty!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Finally, one of them told me that the whole Victoria debacle called into question just how fair the whole process is and also undermined the squad's respect for Kelli.

If we as fans feel this way, I can only IMAGINE how girls on the team feel

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I had hoped that someone would have sat Victoria down before camp and tell her that, even though she's known Kelli and the rest for years, the moment she sets foot on the grounds of either the Star or the stadium to the moment she leaves (as well as during any "outings" with the DCC), Kelli is her boss, potential or otherwise, and to behave in a professional manner at all times because Kelli's the boss, not the aunt. 

The dad of one of my 10-year-old daughter’s best friends is her fifth grade teacher this year, & I had this conversation with her. You’d think these professionals could figure it out. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

The dad of one of my 10-year-old daughter’s best friends is her fifth grade teacher this year, & I had this conversation with her. You’d think these professionals could figure it out. 

Yeah, but you’re probably a fairly sensible person. TK obviously not so much.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Except they didn't. Had VK not got caught in a web of lies, one of those rookies would have gone home and VK would be in their place. 

Being cut from the roster. Which, in VK's world, is the absolute worst thing that could have ever happened to her. 

She had signed her contract already. Technically she was hired. 

I hear ya. Just wanted to give the new rooks some credit and make a positive spin. They look good this year. The BEST IMHO.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, smitty97 said:

Anyone else livid at Kitty?  I used to love her!  Give VK the “respect” to have time to get weight off because she’s been in the program since she was 10??  Kitty has never suggested anyone get “respect” before due to weight!  The season she called out 6-7 vets on the spot about weight? Shouldn’t they have received the same respect? Ugh! Her bias just lost all respect I had for her!

Since VK was in the program since she was 10...then she should've known better than to come to auditions and training camp gaining the amount of weight that she did.  Eleven pounds is a big deal, especially for professional cheerleaders, let alone DCC.  VK probably didn't care and chose to eat whatever she wanted after she made it into training camp, because she knew she would make the squad  **eye roll**

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I put these in the episode thread, but figure we can talk more indepth over here. Scrolling on twitter and what do I find? These gems...

judy2.JPG

judy.JPG

Ummm ... lucky for Judy, Cassie kept her svelte figure and finally learned how to dance.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I put these in the episode thread, but figure we can talk more indepth over here. Scrolling on twitter and what do I find? These gems...

judy2.JPG

judy.JPG

I answered over there, but I'll bring it over here as well.  It's hilarious that Judy thinks, and says, that they're still super-strict about weight when girls have been CUT, both rookie candidates and vets for weight gain and usually for having gained less than what Victoria has packed on.  Usually, rookie candidates aren't taken into Training Camp when they're as soft as Victoria was and then to let her slide when she GAINS 11 pounds, not only slide but gets extra time to lose it?  Rookie candidates get cut while veterans get a warning shot across the bow, then booted when they gain 5-8 pounds.  I think one girl (Selena?) had a 14 pound weight gain from one year to the next and still ended up getting cut, yet Victoria not only gets to stay around and be not only soft, but allowed to gain more weight with few to no repercussions.   If Judy, Kelli and Kitty are SUPER-strict with everyone else and lenient with Victoria regarding weight, I could see how there would be resentment towards both Victoria and TPTB.  If TPTB are surprised by that, they're either blind, idiots, or both.

As for this being a hard year . . .no, it wasn't.  You could have cut Malena, Kristin, Lindsay, and Victoria right off the bat.  Better yet, don't even bring them into camp and problem solved.  The next four might have have been harder cuts to make, but the DCC standards can't be THAT high, especially when they're bent to breaking in order to let Victoria slide by, get away with things and other stunts Kelli and Judy wouldn't let anyone else pull.  If anything, they LOWERED the standards for Victoria when they should have been RAISED for her.  Challenger her, make her prove herself above and beyond what the other girls have to do to earn the stars.  She may have surprised both TPTB and herself and actually risen to the challenge and come out the other side a girl who could be proud of what she had actually EARNED instead of the poster child for entitlement, attitude, and poor professional behavior.

8 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

Ok so Judy’s an idiot as well

Not quite the idiot (blind or otherwise) that Kelli and Kitty are, but she has to keep spouting what the organization wants her to say on social media if she wants to keep her job.  She would probably get in serious trouble or possibly fired if she said on social media what she REALLY wants to say.  That stuff would get back to TPTB so fast, her head would not only be spinning, it would be on the chopping block the very next night.  She probably goes home and rants to her immediate family or keeps a paper journal because her head would explode if she didn't get the emotions and thoughts out in time.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, smitty97 said:

Anyone else livid at Kitty?  I used to love her!  Give VK the “respect” to have time to get weight off because she’s been in the program since she was 10??  Kitty has never suggested anyone get “respect” before due to weight!  The season she called out 6-7 vets on the spot about weight? Shouldn’t they have received the same respect? Ugh! Her bias just lost all respect I had for her!

Kitty is washed up. I never cared for her from the get go.

• Love 14
On 9/19/2018 at 5:59 AM, CrazyEve said:

Ridiculous question, for you Shelly. When you say Southampton, this the one in the UK? If so can you tell me when that is eg date/time (if you know that is) and where it is going as I might go book a cruise for then just to watch Dayton perform etc. 

Ps tell her good luck and enjoy it whilst she has the chance. Wish I could travel the world on work expense. Wish I thought of doing that when I was younger. Thats why I settled for travelling around different sites my work has for me for now. Too old to be doing that amount of cruising without a break to go home for like a month etc

Yes, Southampton UK. She has several that port in Southampton the last half of her contract. I will pass your well wishes along. 

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Not quite the idiot (blind or otherwise) that Kelli and Kitty are, but she has to keep spouting what the organization wants her to say on social media if she wants to keep her job.  She would probably get in serious trouble or possibly fired if she said on social media what she REALLY wants to say.  

For sure - however, she didn’t have to defend it by answering that tweet... she could have just let it slide. 

I suppose the pay off for Judy is that no one will ever bother talking about Cassie ever again when it comes to nepotism. Cassie looks like a gift now.

3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I hadn't really thought about it until tonight, but which Rookie should send Vicky cake and flowers for giving her their spot on the team. We know VK was going to make it come hell or high water, who got in because she didn't? 

Hahahaaaa good question!

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I hadn't really thought about it until tonight, but which Rookie should send Vicky cake and flowers for giving her their spot on the team. We know VK was going to make it come hell or high water, who got in because she didn't? 

GREAT QUESTION. I'll have an informed opinion after the last episode.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Maybe @JohnGalt knows who else was called into the office frequently?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

Wasn't this Chelsea, Danielle, and a couple others (maybe Kim and/or Paige)?  I can still hear that troll Kitty with her annoying voice "You're not fahhht, you're heavayyy, yah?"  I'm feeling awfully vindicated in the feeling I always had that Kitty is nothing but a crude, loudmouthed jackass who loves to be a  bully for the sake of being a bully when you're not one of her pets. 

I couldn't agree more, especially with not knowing why the older seasons were more fun.  I thought maybe the show was getting less interesting because things have been done to death, but I've been rewatching old seasons earlier this week & they just have a different feel to them, but something I can't quite put my finger on.  Maybe it's like @bigskygirl has been saying for a while, maybe CMT is influencing the storylines more and they aren't as natural as they used to be.

Spot on about being her pet, or not. I feel so sorry for these girls that for some reason she hates.  Maybe because they might be better than some of her pets.  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I won't get to see the ep until sometime tomorrow, but what did Kitty say about Miranda's hair?

That it was 70's grandma or something to that extent. 

5 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Gabby, Erin, Molloy, Amber, and Taylor J all had office visits. I’m probably forgetting some. I will say that if Vic hadn’t been cut there is a good possibility that another vet would have been cut. There were a few who were on the bubble near the end, especially in that last week or so. I don’t really want to name names. I think all the vets ultimately earned their spots back in the end.

Kelli was willing to lose a Vet for that mess? Oh for fox sake /eyeroll 

• Love 13

1 HOUR AGO,  LOVES2DANCE SAID:

So Judy was the scapegoat for the live tweeting per CMT and I just saw these gems...my eyes only roll back so far. 

Yeah so this. If everything is so hunky dory in the organization, why? It’s never been done in the history of the show. I’m so disappointed in the whole organization.

• Love 4