Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Watched the latest episode. The candidates that didn't make show group had to have been scared since so many still needed to be cut. I wonder if some had an idea they were gonna be the one going. If I didn't follow the spoilers I wouldn't know many of them were even there. Who the hell is Lily? I mean she gets cut but I feel bad that she didn't have some sort of story. It's just crazy that we are given moment to moment of training camp with VK and others just don't matter? Also why not show Bridget more?? She is a great dancer, seems funny, looks like a team player... If they want the show to keep going then show us the girls that make DCC world class like you claim. Show us the struggles but show us the successes too. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

GAG!!! ? 

I hope the shocking and heart breaking cut is whom we have been patiently waiting on. 

Just as a side note: If there is any whip cracking around me, there better be leather and hot guys, too. Just sayin'....

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

GAG!!! ? 

I hope the shocking and heart breaking cut is whom we have been patiently waiting on. 

Just as a side note: If there is any whip cracking around me, there better be leather and hot guys, too. Just sayin'....

I think I know which cut they are talking about. Get the tissue out.

15 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Well, that's gonna suck. :(

Sigh. I am happy and sad about this. Sad because so many others deserved to be cut before her, happy that she was able to find her next opportunity and would have missed out if they had waited. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

Sigh. I am happy and sad about this. Sad because so many others deserved to be cut before her, happy that she was able to find her next opportunity and would have missed out if they had waited. 

Yes, unlike some people who shouldn't have been taken to TC or who should have been cut right away to save their job.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes, unlike some people who shouldn't have been taken to TC or who should have been cut right away to save their job.

I put most of the blame on Kelli, Charlotte some on CMT for that. They bring in girls who have no chance of making the team because they like her or think the girl has potential, but the poor girl cannot dance worth a darn. I think a lot of these girls are better off not trying out for the squad again, and go out and follow other dreams instead of being kept around because Kelli and Charlotte like you.

54 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Next cut was Dayton right? 

I will be curious to see why Dayton was cut. She looks great in practice, and they praised her at the show group auditions. So why was she cut? Why not Malena? Why not Kristen?

• Love 5
Just now, DBAAT said:

I will be curious to see why Dayton was cut. She looks great in practice, and they praised her at the show group auditions. So why was she cut? Why not Malena? Why not Kristen?

Is Kelli being a blind idiot an option? Because I feel like this is the only reason why Dayton would be cut over Malena or Kristen unless she was late to the team bonding thing. Then maybe. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, rose711 said:

She looks like she doesn’t belong in the same class.

can anyone sign up and take these classes or is there a required progression like language classes?

Looks like she's going to the official DCC prep class Friday....anyone know who's teaching it? 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Is Kelli being a blind idiot an option? Because I feel like this is the only reason why Dayton would be cut over Malena or Kristen unless she was late to the team bonding thing. Then maybe. 

Another keyboard over here?‍♀️

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DBAAT said:

Dayton was cut because Kelli assumed she could only have one "legacy" training camp candidate make it that year (or else the nepotism thing would look REALLY bad) and VK had already been promised a slot.  If she'd had known how VK's candidacy was going to implode in just a few weeks, I think she'd have kept Dayton.

• Love 7

I can totally see this which makes my respect for kelli go into the toilet -- but why promise a slot to VK and not Dayton?  This makes me sad for everyone but TK.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Awww yeah...our girl Hannah from road_to_dcc is in dance class in Dallas. I know she has a long way to go, but I find myself rooting for her. She seems like a sweet girl going for an impossible dream, and I guess I love an underdog. She's a refreshing change from all the perfectly polished and primped girls we see at auditions these days. If she sticks with it, it will be so fun to follow her transformation.

She's improved some, but she definitely needs at least a couple of years of intense DCC-style classes practically every day of those years to get where she needs to be, mainly because she lacks training and style.  The style will often come with the training and the confidence that comes with said training.

8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Oh sweet Hannah (road to DCC one) there is not enough time in the world if that is what you're working with. This is an example of doing the moves with zero style. And someone dye her hair. 

She needs a LOT of training.  This girl looks like she hasn't had much of it, especially if she started late (as in high school or later, depending on age).  

7 hours ago, rose711 said:

She looks like she doesn’t belong in the same class.

I think it's mainly a lack of training and "swagger", but the swagger will come with the training, especially as she grows more confident.

6 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Aw, I can't help but like this road to dcc girl...scrolling thru her IG and she really is putting in an effort! Good for her for staying so accountable and motivated. The style part, imo, is one of the hardest to LEARN.  so often i feel like it's either there or it's just...not. 

I wonder how many times she'll audition, but I'm curious to see how she develops, both as a dancer and as a person.

3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah, I’m all about dreams and goals, but sometimes you have to be realistic. That’s like me waking up and deciding I want to be a surgeon, even though I’m terrible at math and not much better at science. A more realistic goal would be a doctorate in history. 

At the moment, yes, it seems like she doesn't have a chance to EVER do DCC, but I'm curious to see how she develops as a person and as a dancer.  We've never really seen the process a girl goes through from newbie dancer to DCC.  It seems the first we see of these girls is at auditions, even if they've only had a few years of dance, like Nicole H. (wasn't she the alumni two episodes ago who said she started dancing in high school and worked her butt off at it) and Kelsey Lowrance.

5 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I can totally see this which makes my respect for kelli go into the toilet -- but why promise a slot to VK and not Dayton?  This makes me sad for everyone but TK.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that Tina is Kelli's long-time BFF and Victoria's mom.  Even if Kelli has known both Dayton and Victoria since birth, she'd likely be closer to Victoria due to the nature of her relationship with Tina.  Kelli likely has been able to keep the relationship with Dayton more distant and firmer on the rules because she's had to do that with Shelly due to the fact they're co-workers and that work relationship has to come before friendship even if they're friends outside of work.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Dayton was cut because Kelli assumed she could only have one "legacy" training camp candidate make it that year (or else the nepotism thing would look REALLY bad) and VK had already been promised a slot.  If she'd had known how VK's candidacy was going to implode in just a few weeks, I think she'd have kept Dayton.

I'm having a hard time believing this. I think Dayton genuinely struggled with the DCC style of dance and Kelli knew she wasn't going to adapt in time, so she cut her for both their sakes.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

I'm having a hard time believing this. I think Dayton genuinely struggled with the DCC style of dance and Kelli knew she wasn't going to adapt in time, so she cut her for both their sakes.

I'm not so sure. I think most of the footage we've seen of Dayton struggling was earlier in the camp and even Shelly said the cut came out of nowhere and was not expected at all. Shelly has never struck me as blind or over hyping Dayton. 

25 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

This is one of those times where I don't want you to be true because it's such a shitty situation for Dayton. But in my heart, I can absolutely believe it and could see Kelli's line of thinking. Blind idiot---that is her new nickname with me. 

Any chance Shelly takes over as Choreographer once Judy retires? 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

So did VK (I am of the belief that she should not have made into camp after falling out of her turn -- they cut a vet for kicking the wrong way for goodness sake)

As for trying to keep work and friendships separate, I get that but it doesn't explain Cassie or why VK was kept longer than Dayton after making repeated dance mistakes.

Like I said sad for all concerned with the exception of TK and not so much for Dayton because, dayaaam, if she didn't land on her feet.  :)

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

When they had the Season 6 marathon last week, Shelley was one of the two women teaching the choreography during semi finals. She was really good. I could totally see her taking over with Jen K.

• Love 5

I'm re-watching Season 3 for the first time since it originally aired.  I'm thinking of how many girls have been born to these women since the show aired, and it would be fun to see how many try out in the future.  However, I hope they make it cause they deserve it, and if that means 10 legacies on the squad, so be it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm not so sure. I think most of the footage we've seen of Dayton struggling was earlier in the camp and even Shelly said the cut came out of nowhere and was not expected at all. Shelly has never struck me as blind or over hyping Dayton. 

This is one of those times where I don't want you to be true because it's such a shitty situation for Dayton. But in my heart, I can absolutely believe it and could see Kelli's line of thinking. Blind idiot---that is her new nickname with me. 

Isn't the writing on the wall? Kitty is there. She loves VK. She doesn't love Dayton. Dayton gets cut. It's too bad because Dayton would have been fine by the end of training camp - she just needed more time and they didn't give her any. Oh well. Onward. Reminds me of Cassie because she needed more time and they did give it to her. Judy knew she could do it and that was all that was needed to look the other way until she got game ready.

Even though they both prepared, I assume VK took prep with Kitty and Dayton didn't?

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Isn't the writing on the wall? Kitty is there. She loves VK. She doesn't love Dayton. Dayton gets cut. It's too bad because Dayton would have been fine by the end of training camp - she just needed more time and they didn't give her any. Oh well. Onward. Reminds me of Cassie because she needed more time and they did give it to her. Judy knew she could do it and that was all that was needed to look the other way until she got game ready.

Even though they both prepared, I assume VK took prep with Kitty and Dayton didn't?

Wait, why does Kitty hate Dayton? Was there a post or something I missed? 

Dayton was definitely taking prep classes in the last year, I imagine some where at Kitty's. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Annette said:

The next cut is someone who truly struggled with all the dance.  Not accepting help, dance difficulty & having one's heart just not into it.

No one in the Dallas dance community was surprised. 

What does the dance community think of the other one?

• Love 1

This contradicts the "Kelli discouraged Dayton to re-audition story" - so which one is more plausible?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

This contradicts the "Kelli discouraged Dayton to re-audition story" - so which one is more plausible?

Shelly herself said Dayton was not discouraged to re-audition.

• Love 8

Wow!  CMT released clips of Kitty and Nick’s consultation with Judy and Kelli.  Their opinions are interesting and the issues this board’s been discussing are addressed—VK weight, Dayton readiness, Judy being quiet.

We also see a short clip of VK’s Kelli meeting with Jinelle in the room.  

We also get the entire Dayton cut.

It’s sort of a relief to see the spoilers come to life.  Has CMT released this much compelling content before the show airs before?

• Love 3

Dayton, gosh idk with her. I feel like her cut is because she's just not as into it as every other girl there mixed with the fact that she's soft with her movements and power pom is not her style. I don't know if it's just her personality not to be over the top excited about this "once in a lifetime" opportunity but she just doesn't seem into it.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Dayton, gosh idk with her. I feel like her cut is because she's just not as into it as every other girl there mixed with the fact that she's soft with her movements and power pom is not her style. I don't know if it's just her personality not to be over the top excited about this "once in a lifetime" opportunity but she just doesn't seem into it.

I don't believe that. I honestly think she just was stressed out and trying to keep it together. Alot of the other girls SEEM to be "into it" more because they seem outwardly super eager and more excited, but they also didn't have as much pressure as she believed she did considering her relationship w/ Kelli and the fact that her mom was not only a former DCC but also a current employee.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LadyMsJay said:

I don't believe that. I honestly think she just was stressed out and trying to keep it together. Alot of the other girls SEEM to be "into it" more because they seem outwardly super eager and more excited, but they also didn't have as much pressure as she believed she did considering her relationship w/ Kelli and the fact that her mom was not only a former DCC but also a current employee.

Yeah, I figured it could be part of her personality not to be outwardly excited and eager. The stress is a good point.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Wow!  CMT released clips of Kitty and Nick’s consultation with Judy and Kelli.  Their opinions are interesting and the issues this board’s been discussing are addressed—VK weight, Dayton readiness, Judy being quiet.

We also see a short clip of VK’s Kelli meeting with Jinelle in the room.  

We also get the entire Dayton cut.

It’s sort of a relief to see the spoilers come to life.  Has CMT released this much compelling content before the show airs before?

That was so sad 

• Love 3

Damn....that clip of Dayton. That hurt. I’m interested to see how the whole episode goes regarding her. We haven’t seen much of her the last couple of episodes, and she seemed to have leveled off from when she was struggling earlier. 

I do buy that Kelli’s treatment of Dayton was affected by her belief that VK was going to make it. I don’t think she cut Dayton for that reason (especially not so early in training camp), but I think it affected the way that she acted around her. She clearly seemed to keep her more at arms length, and I think it was to head off nepotism/favoritism charges.

Kitty really rubs me the wrong way in that clip.... Give VK the respect to get the weight off because she’s been in the program since she was 10? Are you kidding!  Any other rookie who gained that much weight would be cut in any season. Vets have gotten chewed out and cut due to gaining less.

Edited by Jess14
typo
  • Love 24
6 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Unless Kelli didn't think about it until after they were in TC and started getting comments about it. 

OMG y'all, we met Lily!!!!! Finally!

The rest though...I'm not even sure I want to watch tonight's episode TBH. 

• Love 2

Omg that clip hurt, I'm not the biggest Dayton fan but that was probably the most emotional cut I've seen on the show. Good for her for moving on to bigger and better things though, DCC isn't the end all be all of the dance world

I'm sad that Kitty is pushing for Kelli to let VK get the weight off, she would neverrr say that about anyone else.

• Love 20

Wow, I can’t believe they showed the whole cut in a preview. I don’t remember ever seeing that before. It was brutal.  Kitty...  there better be more to that discussion. Seems very out of character for her, & way puts me off. 

• Love 4

Victoria's the only girl I can think of who has been given as much time as she has to get any and all weight she gained off.  The only ones who come close are blond Vet Hannah and Liz Reuter and even they were only given a few weeks.  The vets would have been chewed out (and some given help, i.e. MyFitFoods, if they were at least 3- or 4-year vets) and cut if they didn't lose the weight after a certain period of time.  Rookie candidates would have been given a few weeks at best, then cut.  Frankly, most girls wouldn't have made Training Camp looking like Victoria did.  They also wouldn't if they fell out of turns.  I remember Melissa saying about either Morgan's or Breelan's performance at Finals that "having a bad day on today of all days" (or something similar) was what, among other things, got them cut.  

I haven't watched the clips yet (I will after I get home from work), but it sounds like she's Team Victoria all the way and just wants Dayton out of the way.  Given the girls involved, it leans more towards favoritism then one girl is overall a better performer than the other, but that's just based on what I've seen so far on the show.  Kitty has generally been better at clarifying things, but she seems to muddy the water more on Dayton and Victoria than anything else.  I'll be able to give better comments after I watch the clips.

I'm also curious to see how the girls, especially Victoria, react to Dayton's cut if that part was shown.  I mainly want to see if Victoria joins in or is standing back a bit smirking.  We've seen the show try to tell us they're each other's main competition, but I have to wonder if that was really felt in Training Camp or is just an imposed story-line by CMT/other parties.

• Love 1

If Kelli wanted to keep the integrity of the team together then she needed to stop being a blind idiot with VK way sooner than she did. 

7 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Omg that clip hurt, I'm not the biggest Dayton fan but that was probably the most emotional cut I've seen on the show. Good for her for moving on to bigger and better things though, DCC isn't the end all be all of the dance world

I'm sad that Kitty is pushing for Kelli to let VK get the weight off, she would neverrr say that about anyone else.

Kitty highlighted, without a shadow of a doubt, the favoritism being shown towards VK at the expense of Dayton. 

• Love 11