Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

oh my, poor Dayton :-( very hard to watch.... I personally think that Dayton was much better than Victoria and am surprised that she was cut so early. Funny, Judy's reaction when Kelli asked her what she thought... Kitty surprised me with her comments, she is usually so to the point regardless of who you are but totally blew off Victoria needing to be cut for weight... strange indeed...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, viccib said:

oh my, poor Dayton :-( very hard to watch.... I personally think that Dayton was much better than Victoria and am surprised that she was cut so early. Funny, Judy's reaction when Kelli asked her what she thought... Kitty surprised me with her comments, she is usually so to the point regardless of who you are but totally blew off Victoria needing to be cut for weight... strange indeed...

Kitty can't be impartial. And what is this about Madeline having an attitude? 

• Love 7

Kelli:  VK has gained 11 pounds since training camp.

Kitty:  Give her a chance to get the weight off!

Yeah, because we all know there's dozens of healthy ways to lose 11 pounds in just a few weeks.  Jesus.  This organization has jumped the shark.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

She's improved some, but she definitely needs at least a couple of years of intense DCC-style classes practically every day of those years to get where she needs to be, mainly because she lacks training and style.  The style will often come with the training and the confidence that comes with said training.

She needs a LOT of training.  This girl looks like she hasn't had much of it, especially if she started late (as in high school or later, depending on age).  

I think it's mainly a lack of training and "swagger", but the swagger will come with the training, especially as she grows more confident.

I wonder how many times she'll audition, but I'm curious to see how she develops, both as a dancer and as a person.

At the moment, yes, it seems like she doesn't have a chance to EVER do DCC, but I'm curious to see how she develops as a person and as a dancer.  We've never really seen the process a girl goes through from newbie dancer to DCC.  It seems the first we see of these girls is at auditions, even if they've only had a few years of dance, like Nicole H. (wasn't she the alumni two episodes ago who said she started dancing in high school and worked her butt off at it) and Kelsey Lowrance.

Maybe... but Nicole Hamilton and Kelsey Lowrance are both insanely beautiful girls with natural swagger. This girl lacks both. I’m not trying to be harsh... I agree that it’ll be interesting to see how this girl develops dance wise and personally. She’s willing to work hard, which I respect. Maybe she’s a diamond in the rough! 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yeah, because we all know there's dozens of healthy ways to lose 11 pounds in just a few weeks.  Jesus.  This organization has jumped the shark.

I haven’t watched the preview clip yet, but from what I’ve read here it sounds like a whole lotta bullshit. Kelli has lost me forever. So has kitty, although I’ve never really cared for her. 

#teamdayton forever. They don’t deserve you girl.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I haven’t watched the preview clip yet, but from what I’ve read here it sounds like a whole lotta bullshit. Kelli has lost me forever. So has kitty, although I’ve never really cared for her. 

#teamdayton forever. They don’t deserve you girl.

Yep. This is some f**ckery y'all. 

In the clip with VK, Kelli comes across as completely wishy washy and inept at her job. "We've avoided this topic...maybe we should have discussed it before." The only explanation for why you have avoided it is that you didn't want to address. Just staggering the amount of bending over backwards Kelli is doing to keep even a glimmer of hope burning for VK. 

• Love 8

Nick F. should have been a show group judge because I think the only time he saw Malena perform was those few nights when she did well.  Especially if his opinion in that clip has anything to do with why she as kept in TC so long,

Edited by DCC.Style.fan
left out name
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm thinking it would have been more prudent if Kelli would have broached the subject sooner with Victoria.  Then she would have had a better opportunity to get the weight off.

She ever said she avoided it in their first meeting...like why? Again, blind idiot. 

• Love 4

I did notice that Kelli never told Dayton "This will be your last night," and Judy breaking down was hard to see. Dayton crying was heart-wrenching to hear and the fact that Kelli chose a night to cut her when her mom wasn't in the building is circumspect to me. I don't know why, it's just felt off since the moment I read that Shelly didn't have a heads up because she wasn't there. 

Kelli and Kitty have definitely lost me for life and I used to love Kitty. I wish Judy would scream louder. It'll be interesting to see when she decided to hang her boots up.

Oh and Jinelle in the room with VK definitely gives strength to the rumors of her involvement of trying to get VK healthier. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 18

Grace Lee Sells was cut at the end of TC in Season 4 for weight. I saw nothing wrong with her figure, and she could out danced and perform some of the vets on the squad. Grace is one of my favorite all time TC Candidates. She would have been a great asset for the squad. I will now go to the DCC:MTT Facebook page and look for the videos a few of you have been talking about.

Edited by bigskygirl
12 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

She ever said she avoided it in their first meeting...like why? Again, blind idiot. 

Kelli also said it was noticed at auditions and Kelli said she never said anything too. They knew VK had a weight issue at auditions, but overlooked it....then she gains 11 lbs...Kelli has removed vets from appearances on just 5 lbs. 

Judy just sitting silently. 

• Love 6

Dayton's cut got me, and I'm not an easy crier. I'll tell you one thing, Dayton, you have something very important that cannot be taught in dance class, and that's a whole lot of grace. Best of luck to you.

• Love 23

Kelli says after cutting Dayton: "I really want this audition process to maintain its integrity."  How she can say that with that big old cow Victoria still a part of training camp is beyond me.  Oh the irony -- Charlotte, you need to replace Kelli now!  

• Love 16
45 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

It’s more than that too...”because she has been in your program since she was 10”. 

Dayton was struggling with the dances, but looked good in the kickline.  VK should have been cut with her too.  

• Love 9

I watched the clip on the meeting with Kitty and the other choreographer.  I just had to say that I have never been more disappointed in Kelli and Kitty before.  I have lost so much respect for these two.  In the past seasons, as some have mentioned, they have cut vets at auditions for less weight gain or cut during training camp.  I wanted Judy to say something so badly, you could see it on her face that she wanted to say something.  I am shocked that neither Kitty nor Kelli could remain impartial.  If they just got information on these girls on paper with no names and no pictures, would they treat these girls the same?  Who would really have been cut by now?

• Love 15

The thing with VK is that weight is such an easy reason to cut someone. It’s relatively objective (i say relatively because I think there are major issues with weighing girls in the evening), and multiple girls have been cut for it in the past.  If this rookie class was as great as they claim it is, and they were having trouble making decisions, well then, there you go - VK gave you a reason to cut her on a silver platter. It should’ve been easy. The fact that it wasn’t can only be chalked up to rank favoritism. I’m not even one of the VK haters. I have no ill will towards her, but truth is truth. The whole situation with her is embarrassing. 

• Love 19

It is utterly ridiculous that Kitty says VK deserves more time to get off 11 freaking pounds gained in a few weeks when she has come down so hard on veterans and TCs who gained even less than that. If VK at the age of 18 and doing intense cardio cannot maintain a lower weight, I don’t really see how they think she could last as a DCC. Maybe her food choices are horrible and need help but in that case she should have listened to Jinelle and her food tips. She does not deserve the chance that no other TCC would get. Kitty and Kelli are showing her such blatant favoritism that you can tell Judy is afraid to speak up.

How on earth did they wait so long to tell VK about her weight? Also, VK’s giggly attitude about going into the office is either extreme immaturity or she truly did believe as some have stated that she would make the team no matter what and this was just for show. She did not seem to take it seriously that she could be cut. 

• Love 16

I have lost a lot of respect for Kelli. Good for Judy for realizing how hard the situation actually is vs how Kelli wants it to appear.

Good for Dayton. I think they would have made it not fun for her the entire season. Go make friends and memories with people who aren’t pissed off at you all the time. Enjoy dancing without being overly criticized. 

• Love 17

Long time stalker, long time watcher and I finally created an account after watching Dayton's cut. 

As someone who doesn't really get emotional over this show (I watch it when I work out bc it's a heck of a lot of a motivator), but Judy breaking down when Dayton was breaking down really got to me. She was already crying before Kelli even got to the part where she was cutting her, and when Dayton realized she was getting cut. I think it spoke VOLUMES of how Judy really felt about it. I think she was always in Dayton's corner, but ultimately whether it be that she couldn't say something or couldn't say anything without getting shut down, it was clear that her cut was the hardest for her. Especially since she knew there were more undeserving candidates still left in. I did notice that in previous office visits, Judy seemed to be a bit emotional in Dayton's. Especially after the makeover debacle, she could barely look at her and I think it was mainly bc Dayton was crying IMO. I mean, she's known the girl since she was a baby and probably saw her on a daily basis. 

• Love 17
On 9/18/2018 at 7:44 PM, DBAAT said:

That's what I said, but someone said it was makeup. I don't care if she did or didn't get a nose job, but she clearly had one done. I think it looks good. She's a very pretty girl regardless.

I totally agree with you. She def had a nose job, the shape of her lips look completely different as well.  She was beautiful before and after.....whatever makes you happy and gives you more confidence!!  Go for it!!

On 9/19/2018 at 7:29 AM, PrincessLeia said:

Was Nicole the one with braces on the back of her teeth?

Omg yessssss! Brandi Redmond would be AWESOME! 

I second that !!   Brandi would totally be on the floor WURKIN' IT!!   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I can tell you that, when both Dayton and Victoria were called in for the third time and Dayton was cut but Victoria wasn't, the other girls were PISSED.  Many of them are or have been on weight warning for being just a few pounds over and the fact that Kelli would keep Victoria, who had gained ELEVEN pounds DURING training camp (and she was already considered a little heavy at auditions), really made them feel that Victoria was being rammed down their throats.  And the fact that Victoria is so two-faced, running to K and J to gossip about the girls' private lives, really made her public enemy #1.  I am told that the morale among this year's squad is some of the worst ever and many blame Victoria for that.  

I really hope she doesn't audition again.  I honestly believe many of the veterans would retire.

You can see a bunch of the vets run up to comfort Dayton and are in the elevator with her. Any insight to whether that happened with Victoria’s cut?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I can tell you that, when both Dayton and Victoria were called in for the third time and Dayton was cut but Victoria wasn't, the other girls were PISSED.  Many of them are or have been on weight warning for being just a few pounds over and the fact that Kelli would keep Victoria, who had gained ELEVEN pounds DURING training camp (and she was already considered a little heavy at auditions), really made them feel that Victoria was being rammed down their throats.  And the fact that Victoria is so two-faced, running to K and J to gossip about the girls' private lives, really made her public enemy #1.  I am told that the morale among this year's squad is some of the worst ever and many blame Victoria for that.  

I really hope she doesn't audition again.  I honestly believe many of the veterans would retire.

Any info on why Madeline is considered locker room toxic?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, hereforthedrama said:

You can see a bunch of the vets run up to comfort Dayton and are in the elevator with her. Any insight to whether that happened with Victoria’s cut?

I'm gonna say only because they know the cameras are on them and if they don't it'll make them look bad to Kelli 

• Love 2

That scene with Dayton being cut was just heartbreaking. Kelli saying that she didn't want want Dayton "Just because " was extremely hypocritical! Good for Dayton for wanting to make it on her own merits & not because of her Mom. As much as I would love to see her make the DCC one day, I much rather see her make it on a much bigger stage in the dance world! 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Wow.  Dayton's cut was brutal, I was tearing up and I almost never cry at those.  I have a feeling Judy spent most of this summer with her mouth shut because she knew she'd start screaming if she opened it; there is NO way she would have cut Dayton before VK.  She looked ready to die when Kelli was cutting Dayton - I'm SO glad she refused to help Kelli every time K looked at her.  No, Finglass. This is YOUR crappy, baffling decision, you do your won dirty work.  And Kitty...wow, so disappointed.  She's called out girls like Schram who looked fine for being overweight but VK deserves more time?! I can't.  I'm so frustrated.  Between this nonsense and my girl Kash hurting herself I have so little desire to watch this week.  And watch, Amazon will have the episode up in record time for once LOL 

I hope they go more into the girls with attitude issues.  Madeline was definitely not the one I heard about.  Interesting.  

I will put Kelli and Charlotte in the same league. They both should feel bad for what they did. I would not be surprised if Victoria was given hints about her weight, but she ignored the hints. She probably started pulling her it might be my thyroid acting up. Not saying thyroid disorders or the medication(s) to treat a thyroid disorder may cause weight gain, but her actions speak louder than words. If it was a thyroid condition, Judy, Kelli and Charlotte probably would have been willing to work with her.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

I watched the clip on the meeting with Kitty and the other choreographer.  I just had to say that I have never been more disappointed in Kelli and Kitty before.  I have lost so much respect for these two.  In the past seasons, as some have mentioned, they have cut vets at auditions for less weight gain or cut during training camp.  I wanted Judy to say something so badly, you could see it on her face that she wanted to say something.  I am shocked that neither Kitty nor Kelli could remain impartial.  If they just got information on these girls on paper with no names and no pictures, would they treat these girls the same?  Who would really have been cut by now?

No and that's what is killing me. I really wish Judy opens her mouth this episode. She is a fountain of wisdom that the two K's need right now. I wonder what Nick thought of that cut.

55 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

It is utterly ridiculous that Kitty says VK deserves more time to get off 11 freaking pounds gained in a few weeks when she has come down so hard on veterans and TCs who gained even less than that. If VK at the age of 18 and doing intense cardio cannot maintain a lower weight, I don’t really see how they think she could last as a DCC. Maybe her food choices are horrible and need help but in that case she should have listened to Jinelle and her food tips. She does not deserve the chance that no other TCC would get. Kitty and Kelli are showing her such blatant favoritism that you can tell Judy is afraid to speak up.

How on earth did they wait so long to tell VK about her weight? Also, VK’s giggly attitude about going into the office is either extreme immaturity or she truly did believe as some have stated that she would make the team no matter what and this was just for show. She did not seem to take it seriously that she could be cut. 

This. 

• Love 5

I can't believe they kept VK longer after seeing how bad she looks in that clip. Anyone with any common sense at all would know that she is not going to be able to lose that much weight and keep it off without either starving or using Adderal. Hell maybe they don't care if she uses Adderal, as long as it works. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Madeline is like how Ashley Pro was. How people thought she was standoffish, when she really was just shy. Even in her talking heads, I thought Ashley came off so sweet, but then she had all those bad recs but everybody on the team loved her. 

• Love 1

To be a fly on the wall when Kelli found out Dayton got tapped to dance for Royal Caribbean. I got lambasted for even suggesting RC was a better gig than the DCC over on good old Facebook, but I don't think people realize how many industry professionals and people with means cruise. 

If dance is your passion and what you want to do in life, DCC is no where I'd be going. 

• Love 10

Kitty has a tendency to be really hard on someone for their entire tenure in TC or as a DCC if she disliked them previously. I remember she didn't like Brittney Schram much in season 5 and then called her out on her weight in season 8 when you could still see her hip bones and rib cage. So perhaps, she dislikes Madeline for some reason

• Love 12

Do you guys remember when they pulled 4 veterans from cameos due to weight? Kelli said “some of y’all have gained 8 pounds since your audition weight.”

Honestly, Im going to skip tonight’s episode and watch it later this week. There seems to be nothing I like in it.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, soapmaniac22 said:

Kitty has a tendency to be really hard on someone for their entire tenure in TC or as a DCC if she disliked them previously. I remember she didn't like Brittney Schram much in season 5 and then called her out on her weight in season 8 when you could still see her hip bones and rib cage. So perhaps, she dislikes Madeline for some reason

There could be something about Madeline going on behind the scenes we have no clue about. They always try to portray the TC Candidates and veterans as perfect little angels who get along 24/7, but I bet there that is not always true.

Just now, Jennv said:

VK looked just as heavy as Selina did, if not heavier. 

If I was Selina, I would be pissed off they took Victoria over her into TC. Yes, Selina had chances to tone up after being called into the office last year, but at least she a decent DCC who was like by the fans and her fellow veterans.

10 hours ago, Annette said:

The next cut is someone who truly struggled with all the dance.  Not accepting help, dance difficulty & having one's heart just not into it.

No one in the Dallas dance community was surprised. 

You mean Dayton? The Dallas dance community must be a small place, even more insular than I thought if everyone feels exactly the same about a cut, even those not even in training camp.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I did notice that Kelli never told Dayton "This will be your last night," and Judy breaking down was hard to see. Dayton crying was heart-wrenching to hear and the fact that Kelli chose a night to cut her when her mom wasn't in the building is circumspect to me. I don't know why, it's just felt off since the moment I read that Shelly didn't have a heads up because she wasn't there. 

Kelli and Kitty have definitely lost me for life and I used to love Kitty. I wish Judy would scream louder. It'll be interesting to see when she decided to hang her boots up.

Oh and Jinelle in the room with VK definitely gives strength to the rumors of her involvement of trying to get VK healthier. 

Not sure I’ll watch the show after this season. It was always a fun summer escape to watch young, pretty girls dance around and try to make a team they really care about. I always thought Kelli and the other grown ups were a bit fake and self-serving (I watched in spite of them not because of them). But the show just isn’t fun anymore. And the DCC blatant hypocrisy and BS about VK and nepotism have taken out all the fun. We’ve had “problem child’s” before, but this is consuming the franchise to the point it’s no longer fun to watch. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Not sure I’ll watch the show after this season. It was always a fun summer escape to watch young, pretty girls dance around and try to make a team they really care about. I always thought Kelli and the other grown ups were a bit fake and self-serving (I watched in spite of them not because of them). But the show just isn’t fun anymore. And the DCC blatant hypocrisy and BS about VK and nepotism have taken out all the fun. We’ve had “problem child’s” before, but this is consuming the franchise to the point it’s no longer fun to watch. 

I will still want to watch it to see how the DCC Train Wreck keeps rolling along. I still cannot believe Kelli and Charlotte thought they could pull this off without the fans and viewers finding out. They have learn social media is not their friend.

3 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I actually have fun watching the old seasons. Something has changed in the last two years or so. More corporate, fewer rookie girls we get to know, I’m not sure what.

It isn’t as fun for me. 

They could have had a great show with victoria in the background more, showing more rookies, and even more, the girl in training camp the third time who we’ve not heard a word from at all in training camp.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I will still want to watch it to see how the DCC Train Wreck keeps rolling along. I still cannot believe Kelli and Charlotte thought they could pull this off without the fans and viewers finding out. They have learn social media is not their friend.

It’s not just social media. Anyone who’s watched the show at all knows all about the weight issues. If nothing else, that favoritism is clear to anyone who’s watched,  or even who saw the beautiful Selena cut from the team this season.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Jennv said:

VK looked just as heavy as Selina did, if not heavier. 

Heavier. Selena's slightly darker skin hide it to an extent. Being pale does not have an advantage when you're a little overweight. 

7 minutes ago, rose711 said:

You mean Dayton? The Dallas dance community must be a small place, even more insular than I thought if everyone feels exactly the same about a cut, even those not even in training camp.

I guess Vets don't count as the Dallas Dance Community because none of them were happy, as we've been told for months now.

7 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I was gonna say this. A light and fluffy show about making a team I'd never be interested in being on was a fun summer show. This isn't a fun summer show anymore. The drama from last season couldn't be avoided and I think it's tainted this season---sure the hypocrisy and favorites have always been a thing, but now it feels overdone for the sake of ratings. If I were a Jones I'd be concerned, while I may have been neutral about the Dallas Cowboys before, this show is making me hate the organization. 

• Love 8

I get Selina's cut since she had 2 years on the squad and was heavy for both of them without any change that I as a viewer saw...but then there's some other vets who were clearly just as heavy and they weren't cut because they were favorites. It isn't fair, it's a double standard and if I was on the squad I'd get tired of those real quick.

• Love 3