Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

In response to John Galt: Do you think this will effect her chances of being a DCC?

She is at the Star "working out" a lot ensuring Kelli knows and hanging around the studio like a crazy girl fan. She is obsessed. Certainly there is mental issue that should be ruled out. It isnt healthy. 

Lord have mercy!!! She is on the verge of becoming crazy/stalker. Did her Mama buy her season tickets in those field level box seats, too??

I am really disliking her more and more. Nothing is worse than desperation run amok.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

For Dayton's audition, the ad said that callbacks would be the following day, but Shelly said that they changed their minds and made callbacks later that afternoon.  I know nothing about the process, but I guess this is pretty typical.  In addition to not having time, maybe it happens that they see all they need to know at auditions & don't feel like they need extra time to decide who they want to move forward.

Most of their audition list a first day and a callback day. Dayton’s was listed the same, but i think they’ve done this drill for so long, they can be efficient. In London, they auditioned about 200 dancers from 9-12ish, made cuts along the way. About 30 were told to come back at 3:30. They had another round of auditions between 12:30 and 3:30 of dancers with agent representation. The afternoon audition had about 50 and they made two rounds of cuts and gathered info from about 20...literally said “just wait to hear back from us.” We now know that means, “you’re hired and we’ll get back to you with your ship & contract.” RCL reps did not ask names or questions until the callbacks at the very end, when they pulled their headshots and resumés. They made their cuts based on technique....ballet combo -cut, jazz progression-cut, jazz combo, cut. The call back was a different jazz combo-cut, added onto the combo and did a final cut. Dayton said every round from the morning to the end of the day, was done in groups of 5. 

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Dayton said every round from the morning to the end of the day, was done in groups of 5.

They really must be super efficient, doing 5 at a time would make a lot of groups for them to have to watch, I'd think that would take forever!

1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

Lord have mercy!!! She is on the verge of becoming crazy/stalker. Did her Mama buy her season tickets in those field level box seats, too??

I am really disliking her more and more. Nothing is worse than desperation run amok.

I am not the biggest VK fan, but come on. The kid has been dreaming of being a DCC since she was in the womb, and got cut for weight plus dance issues (oh yeah, and lying, but that’s not relevant here), so naturally, she should be doing everything in her power to fix those issues. Why not work out at Cowboys Fit and try to show Kelli she’s serious about the feedback and fixing her problem areas, especially when positive feedback WILL get back to kelli? She’s a stalker because she’s working out there? 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Lunacat said:

I am not the biggest VK fan, but come on. The kid has been dreaming of being a DCC since she was in the womb, and got cut for weight plus dance issues (oh yeah, and lying, but that’s not relevant here), so naturally, she should be doing everything in her power to fix those issues. Why not work out at Cowboys Fit and try to show Kelli she’s serious about the feedback and fixing her problem areas, especially when positive feedback WILL get back to kelli? She’s a stalker because she’s working out there? 

If she were quietly showing up to work out and get healthier with the hope of people seeing her and thinking positive thoughts, okay---I get it. But keep in mind she's driving well over 30 minutes each way to go there and passing hundreds of other gyms in the process. 

But, as the OP suggested, if she's making sure Kelli knows she's there and hanging around/fan girling the dance studio constantly? Yeah, that's stalking. And an unhealthy obsession. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

On the subject of Victoria, from what I have been told, she did claim that she thought a medical condition, probably thyroid, was causing her weight gain. She then failed to show up to a doctors appointment (that is doctor, not nutritionist) that was scheduled for her to have her blood tested. However, she claimed she went to the appointment.

I have not heard at all that Jinelle is in trouble. She did “cover for” Victoria in the sense that she didn’t tell on Victoria for standing her (Jinelle) up for a face to face meeting to discuss some tips from a nutritionist and generally talk about eating habits and fitness. Jinelle did, however, tell Kelli and Judy when she found out that Victoria skipped the doctors appointment.

Take it with a grain of salt, but this is what I have heard from a couple of different sources. 

I believe it did happen this way. I also heard Victoria was called into the office about the whole not meeting with Jinelle and Jinelle was there also. No idea if the office scene will be shown or if shown, it probably will be heavily edited.

55 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I don’t think it’s delusional .I think it was hopeful. I’m sure all of the girls that checked “yes” for SG consideration, were hopeful. Everyone handles disappointment differently, and I guess on this night it showed. 

Thank you for always being willing to address anything that's thrown at you on this board and for always being so gracious about it.

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I wasn’t watching, but I could hear the music played over and over, while I waited outside. I think she said the ballet and jazz progressions were slightly bigger groups....they moved across the floor. Ballet was first and she said that knocked out almost half of the dancers. It was about 6 pm when she finally came out and said she got it!

Shelly when does Dayton leave? How long is she gone? Will y’all be able to fly over and see her when the ship docks? This is all so exciting.... I hope she posts pics on Instagram so we can follow her journey. It sounds like the coolest opportunity. One of my friends was an esthetician on one of the Norwegian Cruise lines years ago... best experience ever!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lunacat said:

She’s a stalker because she’s working out there? No, its because she's hanging around like a crazy fan girl groupy.

Talkers talk and doers do... go away and come back FIXED. Dont show me you're working on it, just fix it!  She's like sticky taffy you cant get off your fingers. 

Edited by FMRDancerNYC
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

She’s a stalker because she’s working out there? No, its because she's hanging around like a crazy fan girl groupy.

Talkers talk and doers do... go away and come back FIXED. Dont show me you're working on it, just fix it!  She's like sticky taffy you cant get off your fingers. 

I do remember in the first episode they showed Victoria working out because of her weight issue. I think Tina has a hand in it. I wish Victoria would understand there is so much more to life than signing away your life to be a DCC.

1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

I don’t think it’s delisional...I think it was hopeful. I’m sure all of the girls that checked “yes” for SG consideration, were hopeful. Everyone handles disappointment differently, and I guess on this night it showed. 

Thank you.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

If she were quietly showing up to work out and get healthier with the hope of people seeing her and thinking positive thoughts, okay---I get it. But keep in mind she's driving well over 30 minutes each way to go there and passing hundreds of other gyms in the process. 

But, as the OP suggested, if she's making sure Kelli knows she's there and hanging around/fan girling the dance studio constantly? Yeah, that's stalking. And an unhealthy obsession. 

I have no knowledge of DFW geography so I will defer to the locals on drive time, etc. :)

However, I’m sure the gym is expensive (I looked it up, it’s on par with Equinox in the Boston area) and most of those super expensive gyms will lock you in for a year committment or so. It would be silly to go to another gym if there has already been a financial committment to the gym for 6 months or a year. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do remember in the first episode they showed Victoria working out because of her weight issue. I think Tina has a hand in it. I wish Victoria would understand there is so much more to life than signing away your life to be a DCC.

VK needed some guidance towards other career goals and other options before auditioning for DCC. Then she would have been more of a sound mind going into TCC. Having plan Bs Cs D's is a healthy way to live and keeps one sane. Good job @ShellyB!

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

VK needed some guidance towards other career goals and other options before auditioning for DCC. Then she would have been more of a sound mind going into TCC. Having plan Bs Cs D's is a healthy way to live and keeps one sane. Good job @ShellyB!

Exactly! They act like the girls' lives are over if they are not a DCC. They have move on from the honor and privilege of being one and survived. It drives me crazy when Kelli and Charlotte act like it is the be all, end all of the universe to be a DCC. If I had an attractive young daughter who was a great dancer and wanted to try out to be a DCC, I would make her watch the two hour special, all the seasons, and have plans for her to look at before wanting to head to Texas. There are so many great opportunities for young girls today. I am not saying do not become a DCC, but please do not push yourself to the limit of damaging your self worth and body to become one.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, Lunacat said:

No....I said "she is on the verge of", not that she is. 

23 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Tina is not speaking to Kelli and is also not having anything to do with the DCC right now because she's extremely pissed at how her spawn was treated.  Her argument is that VK was willing to put herself out there in light of the promise that, at the end, she'd make the team.  But due to her rampant lies and weight gain, that was no longer an option.  So, in her mind, VK put herself out there to be ridiculed by the public (basically, us) and has nothing to show for it.  

Hey Tina, maybe she can sell the Barbie on eBay.  :-)

She might not have been so deceitful and lazy if she hadn't been promised a spot on the team. Now, if Tina is mad at Kelli (and we all know Tina is Kelly's BEST friend), is she going to be willing to do anything to get Victoria on the team next year so everything is back to normal again?

Spoiler

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, jlc said:

She might not have been so deceitful and lazy if she hadn't been promised a spot on the team. Now, if Tina is mad at Kelli (and we all know Tina is Kelly's BEST friend), is she going to be willing to do anything to get Victoria on the team next year so everything is back to normal again?

Hide contents

The whole Victoria situation reminds me of Kaime from Season 4. She was brought back after the two sisters quit TC. Kaime thought she had it in the bag because she was the first one ever to be ask to come back to TC. Rumors were floating around she did not want to work hard to make the team, and Kelli and Judy did not want her on the squad. The poor girl did not realize it was just a new storyline for CMT to come up with, and she had a snowball chance in heck of making the team.

17 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Omg - so many of these are god awful!  Where to begin??

Amber’s boobs look like they are photo shopped on and very fake - it’s a headshot, and all I see is her odd boobs - that’s not good.

Caroline’s eyes look crossed and that face she is making is odd.  How is that her best pic?

Gabby desperately needs eyeliner!  You can’t even see her eyes, yet the rest of her face is all painted up?  Just really bad makeup in that photo.

Hannah looks like a mugshot of a stripper/hooker who just brutally murdered her pimp and several clients and is proud of it. 

Jaylen looks pissed.   Taylor looks frightened. 

Wow these are just bad photos.  Only positive is they managed to make Daphne look really pretty - like her weird fake teeth aren’t noticeable at all.  Cianna looks cute too. 

Okay gang, let's load up and go take our own pics next year.  Lawdy, I am convinced we could do better shots with our phones.  Seriously, whoever picked the Hannah pic needs to be IMMEDIATELY fired.  Inexcusable.......

• Love 9
2 hours ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

Maybe she has a membership to Cowboys Fit and just likes to workout there? Bought for her by her parents, I’m sure.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Maybe she has a membership to Cowboys Fit and just likes to workout there? Bought for her by her parents, I’m sure.

She can say she is working out to get into better shape, but if she has not learn her listen about boasting she already made the team, lying about her weight gain, not willing to work with a nutritionist about healthy ways to get in shape, and going to a doctor Kelli wanted her to see after saying it might be a possible thyroid disorder, then the whole idea of going to the gym is a complete waste of time. I hope she has learn a good lesson along with Kelli, Charlotte and CMT about not promising to use a legacy for a blasted storyline and not making promises to certain girls without thinking the whole thing out.

2 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

She’s leaving Sept 30th. She’ll be training for 6 weeks, then off to Australia around Nov. 24th. We have a few cruises picked out, but not until March when her ship will be in the Mediterranean, and two that port out of Southampton. 

#lifegoals

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She can say she is working out to get into better shape, but if she has not learn her listen about boasting she already made the team, lying about her weight gain, not willing to work with a nutritionist about healthy ways to get in shape, and going to a doctor Kelli wanted her to see after saying it might be a possible thyroid disorder, then the whole idea of going to the gym is a complete waste of time. I hope she has learn a good lesson along with Kelli, Charlotte and CMT about not promising to use a legacy for a blasted storyline and not making promises to certain girls without thinking the whole thing out.

In my opinion, Victoria needs to get the hell out of dodge and go do something different and find a new dream for a few years. But if that’s not going to happen, I’m not going to sit here and dog her for her choice of gym. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

The whole Victoria situation reminds me of Kaime from Season 4. She was brought back after the two sisters quit TC. Kaime thought she had it in the bag because she was the first one ever to be ask to come back to TC. Rumors were floating around she did not want to work hard to make the team, and Kelli and Judy did not want her on the squad. The poor girl did not realize it was just a new storyline for CMT to come up with, and she had a snowball chance in heck of making the team.

I just got thru watching Season 4 and I got the impression Kaime was overwhelmed the entire time. She never came across to me like she had it in the bag. During her meeting with Kelli and Judy, Kaime was "completely aware" she had a lot of work to do and was struggling.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

#lifegoals

Ah thats AMAZING!!! Im so happy for Dayton!!! What a wonderful time she will have. Doing what she loves and seeing the world. Moving onward and upward, KUDOS to Dayton! 

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us" Alexander Graham Bell. Glad Dayton has the foresight to see beyond. Go make your dreams come true and well... do BROADWAY! 

Someone mentioned she looked like an Indian princess and I agree, she does. Very beautiful and seems to be a gentle soul. 

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

In my opinion, Victoria needs to get the hell out of dodge and go do something different and find a new dream for a few years. But if that’s not going to happen, I’m not going to sit here and dog her for her choice of gym. 

I have no problem with her going to a gym to work out or her choice of gym. My concern is if she has learn any lessons about lying and boasting she had a spot on the team. She would be better off if she got away from her mother and the DCC Organization as a whole and make her own way in the world instead of thinking being a DCC is the only life to have.

1 minute ago, tinabee1967 said:

I just got thru watching Season 4 and I got the impression Kaime was overwhelmed the entire time. She never came across to me like she had it in the bag. During her meeting with Kelli and Judy, Kaime was "completely aware" she had a lot of work to do and was struggling.

An insider said she was saying and acting she had it in the bag and did not have to work for it. She did not have to say it on the show because her actions off camera speak just as much as her actions in front of the camera. After hearing what has been going on behind the scenes in DCC Land the last few years, I would not be surprise if she did actually think she had a spot on the squad because Kelli and Judy wanted her back. It was CMT who wanted her back, and I bet Charlotte told Kelli and Judy to play along with it, and to cut her at the end because she did not have a chance of making it. Another drama and ratings storyline.

1 hour ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

Always an excuse

??‍♀️ I think my point is who cares where she works out. If she’s as bad as you say, she’ll eventually dig her own grave again, and if she’s not as bad as you say, then it’ll work out however it will. I’m just not emotionally  invested in where Victoria works out or what she does. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 11

Looks like the girls did some kind of hip hop routine for halftime? I have to admit, I'm not a fan of them doing those kinds of routines because they look awkward when they do them. The snippet on the DCC Insta just confirmed that for me. I wish they would leave them to DCRB.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Lunacat said:

I have no knowledge of DFW geography so I will defer to the locals on drive time, etc. :)

I have no personal knowlege, but from what I hear, 5 miles could be a 30 min drive LOL

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Looks like the girls did some kind of hip hop routine for halftime? I have to admit, I'm not a fan of them doing those kinds of routines because they look awkward when they do them. The snippet on the DCC Insta just confirmed that for me. I wish they would leave them to DCRB.

Yeah I saw that video and it was not a good performance.   Could be they miss Holly, but hip hop is not their strength and they should stick to the DCC-style dancing and not try to prove how “versatile” they are.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, cgloss said:

There's a longer snippet on twitter. What DCCs are in that routine? I can't see the ones in the back. I think it's also bad choreography. The moves are so amateurish.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, DCCme said:

love a project! If I googled the right Caroline, her dad is Jon and played in the NBA.  Her moms maiden name is Gilmore.  And there’s no wedding of record for her.  So...I’m guessing it’s her middle name because of some reason that hasn’t yet been shared with google. Or I just learned about some random Caroline Sundvold.

She isn't married!!! Her dad did play for Mizzou and the NBA. She is from Columbia Missouri. Sundvold is her last name. I know this because I am from there.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, go4luca said:

According to Anna Kate Sunvold's Twitter page, she does dance.  She's a Bruin Girl.

Everyone who dances at Rockbridge HS makes Mizzou Golden Girls. They are odd about that. If you aren't from Columbia or have connections, you don't make it unless you have connections at the school. Caroline is surprisingly a good dancer!!! She clearly had an advantage with being from Columbia, Rockbridge and her dad having played for Missouri.

Congrats, ladies! Lots of BGs to GGs on this roster! #proudcoach

This is on the Bruin Girls Twitter Page. 

Edited by DBAAT
37 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

There's a longer snippet on twitter. What DCCs are in that routine? I can't see the ones in the back. I think it's also bad choreography. The moves are so amateurish.

I thought it would be just Show Group, but Madeline M. is in it, so maybe just Maddie's group?

• Love 1

I think the half time show was all of the girls just they were out on the field in different places. The clip from the insta story they have other people with them dancing - maybe DCRB too? - and the group of girls looks bigger. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I think the half time show was all of the girls just they were out on the field in different places. The clip from the insta story they have other people with them dancing - maybe DCRB too? - and the group of girls looks bigger. 

Ooooh. OK.