Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Kitty is washed up. I never cared for her from the get go.

I usually try to refrain from saying negative things about people, but I'm forced to make an exception for Kitty.  She just seems like a mean girl all grown up. She seems to take pleasure in putting others down, as opposed to just offering constructive criticism.  It's very distasteful and off-putting.  

• Love 14

I was gonna ask about the  TCC  at  IHop late night for an increase in VK's weight. I dont recall seeing her in the pics with the ones that went. 

Imho the only way that VK could lose that amount of weight gain by football season would be in an unhealthy way. :( 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

I haven’t heard about an ongoing morale problem. There are always one or two problematic girls, and girls who get labeled as snitches. It’s nothing new.

This should NOT be tolerated at all. If I were the director, those girls would be sent packing, pronto. The fact TPTB allow even one toxic girl to remain on the squad in spite of her problematic nature just irks the stew out of me. There are PLENTY of beautiful, talented dancers to take their place. 

55 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I was gonna ask about the  TCC  at  IHop late night for an increase in VK's weight. I dont recall seeing her in the pics with the ones that went. 

Imho the only way that VK could lose that amount of weight gain by football season would be in an unhealthy way. :( 

She's had all the time in the world to keep her weight down....no sympathy for her. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Dayton is a class act. Kelli is right, she just needs more time, she'll be an amazing DCC in the near future. Team Dayton all the way. 

I’m team dayton and I hope she doesn’t try out again. I hope the dance world has bigger things for her or she finds other dreams.

After being treated so terribly for a TV show, by people who she knows and trusts, I can’t see her ever wanting to return.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Dayton is a class act. Kelli is right, she just needs more time, she'll be an amazing DCC in the near future. Team Dayton all the way. 

Dayton will be too busy traveling the world-- DCC's loss for sure! 

OT, but I just watched the throwback episode with Kaitlin Legrand.  I follow this page off and and may have missed this-the episode with Kaitlin Legrand, does anyone know if that poor girl is ok?  I thought Kelli was very harsh and uncaring during her cut.  It was really hard to watch someone who was obviously going through something horrible just be meanly kicked out.  Then Kelli is all happy announcing the team right after.  Where is the care for these girls? I understand having to cut her but it was the way it was done.  They were much kinder with  Courtney C. Maybe I missed something but that girl looked like she needed help, I hope she's ok. 

Edited by Misscarlett
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

I feel so sorry for these girls that for some reason she hates.  Maybe because they might be better than some of her pets.  

Good point.

3 hours ago, Leia1021 said:

I usually try to refrain from saying negative things about people, but I'm forced to make an exception for Kitty.  She just seems like a mean girl all grown up. She seems to take pleasure in putting others down, as opposed to just offering constructive criticism.  It's very distasteful and off-putting.  

I hate how she's all "ohhhh, look at how adorable and quirky I am in my meanness, I bet you never came across anyone like me before".  She bought into her own hype big time.

2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

She's had all the time in the world to keep her weight down....no sympathy for her. 

Exactly.  She shouldn't have gained the weight in the 1st place.  Where were they when she gained 2 then 5 then 8 then...?  As was mentioned, you don't go straight to an 11 pound weight gain, there are pounds in between, this should have been nipped in the bud, especially since she was told about "toning up her tummy" from the start.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

What proof do we have that they are still friends? I see Vicky with Sam Fin and I see Dayton with Sam Fin, but I don't see Vicky and Dayton together on social media. 

Dayton has liked a few of v.k's recent posts on s.m. So idk if they are hanging out type thing but there is some form of communication still between them.

After it is all said and done, they did Dayton a favor by cutting her early.  How awful it would be for her to be the very last girl cut l0 minutes before the team is announced.  She wouldn't have had an opportunity for her RCL job.

For some reason I am not a Malena cheerleader.   

Last night it looked as if a few vets have some weight gain. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I also hope to see Kelli tell her to not try out again, but I doubt that will happen cause then we won't have a scandalous comeback girl for next season.  And I don't think we've had one of those.

I would love to see kelli say that too. But since v.k. wrote on Instagram that she will be back next year healthier and whatnot im thinking its just wishful thinking. Also that lacey minchew or whatever her name is i always considered kinda scandalous. i will never forget Judy at the panel interviews saying "im going to confront her!" because she was upset that lacey had the nerve to come back after dropping out after she said her beauty pageant stuff would definitely not get in her way to do dcc stuff. That is one of my favorite judy moments.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Keen eye....same person said both, so...??

Not contradictory at all. Dayton was given some signals not to audition. She did so anyway. Part of the reason she was discouraged is that Kelli didn’t think she could have two legacies (of best friends/co-workers) in one year without rampant accusations of nepotism.  Kelli continued to think that  so Dayton was the one who got the ax. Victoria would not have been cut had it not been for the huge lie. How that is in any way contradictory is beyond me. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, smitty97 said:

Anyone else livid at Kitty?  I used to love her!  Give VK the “respect” to have time to get weight off because she’s been in the program since she was 10??  Kitty has never suggested anyone get “respect” before due to weight!  The season she called out 6-7 vets on the spot about weight? Shouldn’t they have received the same respect? Ugh! Her bias just lost all respect I had for her!

SAME!!!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Misscarlett said:

Dayton will be too busy traveling the world-- DCC's loss for sure! 

OT, but I just watched the throwback episode with Kaitlin Legrand.  I follow this page off and and may have missed this-the episode with Kaitlin Legrand, does anyone know if that poor girl is ok?  I thought Kelli was very harsh and uncaring during her cut.  It was really hard to watch someone who was obviously going through something horrible just be meanly kicked out.  Then Kelli is all happy announcing the team right after.  Where is the care for these girls? I understand having to cut her but it was the way it was done.  They were much kinder with  Courtney C. Maybe I missed something but that girl looked like she needed help, I hope she's ok. 

Not sure what Kaitlin Legrand is up to currently but a couple years ago I know someone found another mugshot and she was in trouble with drugs again, and shoplifting. She basically is a ghost on SM.  LIke a year ago (I think) I found her FB page...it was very private but her profile pic was beautiful.  She looked a lot more healthy and happy.  I'm hoping that's where she is now.  I always heard she was a very sweet girl and incredibly talented, just got mixed up with the wrong crowd thru a loser bf and it took its toll her second year.  

I wish the girls got more care, especially the young ones who are fresh out of high school, but tbf Kelli and Judy just aren't able to be counselors for everyone and keep tabs, etc.  I don't think that means they don't care about these girls and what they are going thru, it's just not the same as being in like college or something where you have mentors and RAs and counselors available to seek you out if they see you struggling.  I'm honestly not sure what the 'right' or feasible answer is, or if there is one.  

Also not sure I'm making sense LOL sorry. 

11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Madeline took a lot of Kitty's classes in the months between 2017 and 2018 auditions. I imagine Kitty had ample opportunity to observe Madeline with the other girls and pick up on some stankness. On the other hand, maybe Kitty is full of crap. When you look at Madeline's instagram, she seems to have a lot of friends, many of whom are in the DCC sphere. She seemed to have completely immersed herself in the DCC world after she got cut last year. Her social media tells the story of someone who is well liked. But of course social media can tell any story you want it to.

I feel like Kelli was trying to come across like the news of VK's weight gain was a surprise. Victoria didn't "just gain" 11 pounds like they make it sound. Like one day she got on the scale and holy cow! Look at that! 11 pounds! These girls get weighed at auditions. They get weighed at the start of training camp and every week thereafter. Every single week VK had to get on the scale and look somebody in the eye while they told her her weight had gone up. And if Kelli herself didn't do the weighing, she certainly got a report every week. She saw the trend and let it continue. She was complicit.

Why would morale be down still? Victoria got the boot. You'd think they'd all be ecstatic now and rejoicing in their freedom from her.

THIS. If Kelli was reluctant to cut VK because of Tina, here was a reason Tina could not argue with. Weight gain isn't subjective. If they say VK was outdanced or outperformed, or didn't fit in with the others, those are perceptions that could be argued. But 11 lbs is 11 lbs. and is something Tina couldn't blame Kelli for.

Which one was the one you heard about? I thought it was interesting that Kitty seemed to think there were MANY girls who needed a kick in the rear.  (Meanwhile, that whole scene made me wonder what Kitty was like when she was a DCC because she certainly acts like a Queen Bee now. I have no problem picturing her as a mean girl on the squad.)

Let's be real, Kelli knew from jump that Malena never danced for the Jets. I don't buy that scene when Malena confessed that she'd only be an ambassador and Kelli acted surprised. Kelli checked Malena's references before she ever invited her into TC. Kelli spoke with the Jets director and knew good and well that Malena had never danced, and she chose her anyway. I'm not a big believer that they choose certain girls as cannon fodder for this show, but this Malena situation has me reconsidering my position on that.

That's the purpose of the All Stars. Unlike other NFL teams, the DCC's ambassadors have to earn their way into that position by virtue of prior outstanding performance on the team.

That's the thing that kills me about this - they didn't even have to re-shoot. The DCC photographer is tethered to a laptop during the shoot. Kelli can see the shots as they are being taken. If she didn't have a good shot of Hannah, she would have known it at the time. She should have made them keep shooting until they had a usable shot. And if they couldn't get a good shot...well...other girls have been cut for worse. Being photogenic is one of the many requirements for the DCC. And I'm saying that as someone who really likes Hannah in terms of personality and performance.

I don't think so. I took a good look through VK's instagram in the weeks before auditions. She was always soft around the waist and people were constantly commenting on it. Photos and references to her workouts kept popping up on her social media and other places, like Jay Johnson's page. I kept waiting for her to get lean for auditions. It never happened.

They photoshop the hell out of the swimsuit photos. I wonder why they put so much less effort into the cameos. They could have fixed the makeup. Easily.

I don't want to say just because I've heard she's really turned it around and made an effort since all the issues.  I still feel bad that Gina is still hated by some because of things said last summer and then she never has been given a fair chance to redeem herself in the public eye.  I dont want to be the person to do that to this girl.  It is an adjustment for sure for some of these rockstars to come in and realize they need to be competitive but it's not just about them being The Best anymore and that they ahve to balance it by being a team player. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

People lie to their employers every day.  Calling in sick when you really aren’t, telling your boss you have a doctors appt when you’re really leaving early to get across town to meet up with a friend, saying your car broke down and that’s why you were late when you just overslept.  It happens - people lie to cover for their shortcomings or imperfections.  For whatever reason VK either didn’t want to go to their doctor or she just missed the appointment for some irresponsible reason - she would have been smarter to make up a story for why she didn’t make it as opposed to saying she did go when she didn’t, but it’s naive to think a high percentage of people don’t lie to their employers and those that do are without integrity or bad people.

Same thing with Keyras cut and her being late.  People are late all the time - it happens.  She’s not a bad person cause she showed up late to two appearances.

Just because people lie all the time, doesn’t make it right. And instead of making up a story as to why she didn’t go instead of saying she did, the SMART thing to do would’ve been to say “I screwed up. I didn’t go. It’s my fault, and I’m sorry.” That would’ve showed a girl on the verge of becoming a woman. Take responsibility for your actions. Obviously everyone tells the occasional white lie, we all do it. But we all need to be prepared for the consequences if we get caught.

• Love 16

Just for the record, Kelli did acknowledge that VK was out of control and behind the count in her dance. And VK was warned a few times about her soft midsection - once in the office on camera and at least one time before that as we heard VK indicate she had already been spoken to about the softness. So Kelli knows its not right. Either she is keeping her because of her relationship or she is keeping her for the storyline. Not sure which.

I don't think people would cry nepotism if Dayton were simply given more time. She has s such a great look and is a talented dancer. She could have been game ready in time. Between Malena and Dayton, Malena should have gone home. Malena already had a proven track record of not being game ready. They could have kept Dayton longer.

Also, is it the style to have all those dark roots now? A lot of the girls have them. I don't like it.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:
8 hours ago, Tootie said:

I want to know what Kitty meant about the attitude of some of the girls.  She doesn't hang out in the locker room, so did VK tell her stuff as well?

I would venture to guess anyone who didn't outwardly express that VK was the most deserving TCC in the history of the world was deemed to have an "attitude" in Kitty's mind ...

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Not contradictory at all. Dayton was given some signals not to audition. She did so anyway. Part of the reason she was discouraged is that Kelli didn’t think she could have two legacies (of best friends/co-workers) in one year without rampant accusations of nepotism.  Kelli continued to think that  so Dayton was the one who got the ax. Victoria would not have been cut had it not been for the huge lie. How that is in any way contradictory is beyond me. 

She had Cassie and Meredith on the team at the same time. Not original auditions together, but there the same time for a few years.

it doesn’t make sense to me as to why she couldn’t have two legacies as rookies together if they both qualify, and to me Dayton was the note DCC ready of the two. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

She had Cassie and Meredith on the team at the same time. Not original auditions together, but there the same time for a few years.

it doesn’t make sense to me as to why she couldn’t have two legacies as rookies together if they both qualify, and to me Dayton was the note DCC ready of the two. 

These aren't just legacies.  One is the daughter of someone who works for DCC and the other is the daughter of her best friend.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I just think those signals,if true, had to be too indirect. Shelley works with Kelli and Kelli can be direct and honest.

It would have been much kinder, and greatly more professional, if Kelli had told Dayton that this wasn’t her year from the beginning.

Cynically, I think Kelli didn’t overtly discourage Dayton because she wanted the competing legacy story for the show and she already had Victoria’s triumph in mind as a story.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

These aren't just legacies.  One is the daughter of someone who works for DCC and the other is the daughter of her best friend.  

You could say the same for Judy and Kim O. We know who Judy is, and Meredith’s mom recruits, chaperoned USO tours, been a kick line consultant, etc. plus didn’t she cheer for a year or so with Kelly? Theyre friends and co workers as well. 

• Love 7

Judy said the tallest on the team is 5’11”. I’m assuming she’s referring to Tess or the current rookie who is tall (Taylor?). That’s taller than I was expecting. I was thinking they were more like 5’9” ish. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Rookie Rachel bores me to death.  We've seen one or two moments that she looks cute and fun, but generally she always just has this lost, dopey look on her face.  

Even without spoilers, I knew they would never cut the runner up for Miss America. She is a huge plus for their PR which they desperately need. She’s a fine dancer and I think she will be good.

I bet she only stays a year unless she finds a career or serious relationship in Dallas. She seems more driven than the other girls and this is just a stepping stone goal for her.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

You could say the same for Judy and Kim O. We know who Judy is, and Meredith’s mom recruits, chaperoned USO tours, been a kick line consultant, etc. plus didn’t she cheer for a year or so with Kelly? Theyre friends and co workers as well. 

Just relaying what I've been told by people who are in the know and have been spot on with everything else they've told me.  I was told that Kelli mentioned to Dayton that perhaps next year would be a better year to audition.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

As for this being a hard year . . .no, it wasn't.  You could have cut Malena, Kristin, Lindsay, and Victoria right off the bat.  Better yet, don't even bring them into camp and problem solved.  The next four might have have been harder cuts to make, but the DCC standards can't be THAT high, especially when they're bent to breaking in order to let Victoria slide by, get away with things and other stunts Kelli and Judy wouldn't let anyone else pull.  If anything, they LOWERED the standards for Victoria when they should have been RAISED for her.  Challenger her, make her prove herself above and beyond what the other girls have to do to earn the stars.  She may have surprised both TPTB and herself and actually risen to the challenge and come out the other side a girl who could be proud of what she had actually EARNED instead of the poster child for entitlement, attitude, and poor professional behavior.

I think this is the year to lobby hard for the tryout requirements to be aged 21+. We see how underage girls (Holly) get tempted into drinking and hanging out with players. We see how a very immature girl acts when she doesnt have basic real world job skills. I think if Victoria had waited until she was 21 to tryout, and had some professional dance job experience under her belt, she'd have sailed in. Right now, it's just painful, watching a kid try and compete with the women in the room who have college, other nfl teams, and real life under their belts. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

I think this is the year to lobby hard for the tryout requirements to be aged 21+. We see how underage girls (Holly) get tempted into drinking and hanging out with players. We see how a very immature girl acts when she doesnt have basic real world job skills. I think if Victoria had waited until she was 21 to tryout, and had some professional dance job experience under her belt, she'd have sailed in. Right now, it's just painful, watching a kid try and compete with the women in the room who have college, other nfl teams, and real life under their belts. 

Or maybe require at least a year on a bigger college dance team? 

I think 18 has been shown to be too young several times already. Brianna last year being one example. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 4

While Kristen, Malena and Dayton deserve to be cut, I think I would have cut Kristen first, then Dayton, then Malena. Kristen does seem completely zoned out. I think she's getting so many chances because she's really pretty. Dayton would be next because she can't seem to handle the choreography and she is weak in the style. Malena last because while she can't seem to remember the choreography, she must be really fun to watch and have some flair when she does nail it because all the outside choreographers have had nothing but good things to say about her.

I need to know who all the attitude girls are!!! Christina? Gina? Madeline? Who else?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Judy said the tallest on the team is 5’11”. I’m assuming she’s referring to Tess or the current rookie who is tall (Taylor?). That’s taller than I was expecting. I was thinking they were more like 5’9” ish. 

I’m thinking Tess is 5’8 or 9. Glad there getting some taller girls again. They’ve not had many for a couple of seasons. Even Lacey and Khalyn are only 5’4-5’5 ish.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, rose711 said:

Or maybe require at least a year on a bigger college dance team? 

I think 18 has been shown to be too young several times already. 

I think even putting the age cutoff at 19 could potentially help a little. They would at least weed out the recent high school grads.  Now, someone like VK would probably just sit around for a year going to dance classes, but even ones who were dead set on trying out for DCC could benefit from a year of work or college or being on a college dance team, even for just one year. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, smitty97 said:

Anyone else livid at Kitty?  I used to love her!  Give VK the “respect” to have time to get weight off because she’s been in the program since she was 10??  Kitty has never suggested anyone get “respect” before due to weight!  The season she called out 6-7 vets on the spot about weight? Shouldn’t they have received the same respect? Ugh! Her bias just lost all respect I had for her!

Exactly. VK should have the RESPECT to the DCC organization to show up ready and in shape for auditions and training camp at all times. And enough respect for all the other girls that worked hard enough and got cut that probably could have made it into training camp

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Kristen does seem completely zoned out. I think she's getting so many chances because she's really pretty.

IMO being fluent in ASL is also helping.

As far as age goes, I think 21 would be better than 18, but not all 18 year olds have been immature.  Mia, Meagan Sharp, Abigail, and Lacey are 4 I can think of off the top of my head who seemed just fine maturity wise.

• Love 8

I think Judy knows exactly how the VK situation would go down, and hasn't been saying anything because no one is going to hear what she says.    My guess is that the fireworks from Tina started the second VK got home and told her how mean Kelli had been to her in the office talk.    So much for Kelli and Tina being BFFs since DCC days.  

I think Kitty recognizes that 99% of her business comes from her connection to DCC, being DCC Technical Director, and referrals from wanna be DCC.     If she pisses off DCC management, and gets the boot in favor of another dance studio, then her business would be in serious trouble.     

Kitty also doesn't look right for her usual outgoing, over the top demeanor, so I'm wondering if she's been sick or something.     I think everything Kitty said in the office was scripted, and that's why Judy has been so quiet this season.    I don't think Judy is willing to lie on camera like Kitty and Kelli are, so she's been quieter.   

Tina's a big wheel in the alumni group, and the fact that she's apparently not talking to Kelli since the VK situation tells a lot doesn't it?     I bet after the 11 pound talk that VK went home crying to Tina, and that started the bad feelings.     

Also, it's not 11 pounds for VK, but 11 added to her tryout weight, and that was pudgy too.    I'm guessing she dieted for tryouts, and went back to her regular eating, and gaining back put all of the excess weight in her stomach, and butt, and thighs, so it looks like more than 20 pounds now. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

As for Victoria, she  hasn't shown me that she deserves to be in Training Camp yet. 

I don't think she has shown anyone watching the show that she "deserves" it ONLY because they focus more on her character and personality while Kitty and Kelli have known/seen her to be a technical dancer over the years. We have never really seen that side of VK.

12 hours ago, KTUCKER20 said:

I think the Cameos would be better if the makeup wasn't so horribly bad. What's up with the high peach colored blush? Some look a little sick.

The lighting is too harsh too. They all look washed out.

12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

At least we got to see Brennan talk. She's an example of being comfortable and familiar with Kelli and Judy while still remaining professional and mature. 

I love her. She seems super confident this year and I'm glad she finally made it.

11 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

And to think - VK made it through cameos before her cut. 

That's probably where they were finally able to realize that they couldn't hide her weight gain. It probably REALLY showed in cameos.

11 hours ago, KatieLen said:

But I can see why Tara got cut. She looked like she needed a shower and a nap (I mean she probably did, I  know I would after 4+ hours dancing). There was no personality there like her first year. 

Tara looked frumpy and sloppy. Not dance wise, just looks. And the only reason I'm saying that is because she looked phenomenal last year.

5 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

I really want her to try out and make the team. Even if it's for a year. She has an amazing figure for the uniform and such a pretty face. She seems like once she gets the memory issues and stress out of the way, she'd be a strong, bright performer.

• Love 7

Have they ever had a legacy make the team, and not have issues that lead to them eventually being cut?     Wasn't there a red head years ago, in one of the first seasons, who made the team, but didn't make it back for year two?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
56 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Rookie Rachel bores me to death.  We've seen one or two moments that she looks cute and fun, but generally she always just has this lost, dopey look on her face.  

For me it starts with the fact that she’s all one blah color tone.  Her hair, skin, eyes.  She needs some contrast to make her pop.  Plus I loved Judy’s be messy feedback to her. That’s when she’s at her best.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

It can take six to eight weeks for the medication to kick in. Blood tests and med dosage monitoring are important. Victoria said her thyroid was causing her weight gain. If this is true, she should have been going to her primary care physician for blood tests and possible thyroid scan. I do not understand the need to see a Cowboys doctor because her own doctor probably would send her to an endocrinologist unless he or she thought the weight gain was due to something else. I have a problem with Victoria saying her thyroid was the cause because she did not want to see the Cowboys doctor to have simple blood tests to check her levels.

Agree 100 %

• Love 3
22 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Charlotte or Jerry Jones care because they use this show to promote The Star, and the Cowboys and DCC Organizations. To me the quality of the show and squad went downhill after the mass veteran exit after Season 5. More inside information has been coming out especially the last few years, and it is not pretty. And to me, the show has went off the rails since Season 8. I am not saying Victoria is a bad person, but the way she has been shown on the show and the fawning over her makes me sick. I also do not care for the fact she may have used a possible thyroid disorder for the reason for her weight gain and did not want to work with Jinelle, the nutritionist and the Cowboys doctor because *gasp* her little white lie may come out, and if another girl pulled the same crap, she would have been cut.

What is the infamous mass veteran exit ?  I've heard this mentioned a few times.  I'm gonna have to invest in the seasons before Season 7 ~ I've missed out on some good @#$%!! 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

At least we got to see Brennan talk. She's an example of being comfortable and familiar with Kelli and Judy while still remaining professional and mature. 

I LOVE Brennan!!!  I hope she stays for a few years :) 

• Love 14

As someone who is currently dealing with  thyroid issues because of lack of a thyroid and the weight gain ( I gained 22 pounds from mid april  to the end of June ) that comes from TSH and T4 levels being out of whack....you can't just lose 11 pounds like that *snaps finger*.  The body is resistant to weight loss no matter what you do.  I've been at the gym 4-5 nights a week, 2 hours at a time, watching every bite that goes in my mouth, and I'm a healthy eater already... I haven't seen the scale budge in over 2 months.  They have adjusted my meds and I've regained some of my lost energy but the metabolism is still at a standstill.  So ...if Victoria has a true thyroid condition, she will need time to adjust and work on the weight loss.  It most certainly could not be achieved by the end of TC.  That said,  I am still firmly on Victoria's side.  I do  not see her as a "fat cow" as she's been called.  If her condition is hypothyroid, then she's going to gain weight and there's not one thing she can do about it until they get her on the appropriate dose of thyroid medication.  What I do see....is this...I see her as an 18 yr old little girl who has probably been coddled most of her life, and who is trying to figure her place out in this great big effed up mess of a world.  If she lied about the appointment, and coming from John Galt, I do believe what he's shared with us, then she made a mistake.  Unfortunately, for her, the internet will NEVER let her forget it and people will never forgive her for it.  I am on her side, and I, for one, will be rooting her (and Dayton!) on the next time she auditions, whether that is next  year or years later.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Kayce said:

As someone who is currently dealing with  thyroid issues because of lack of a thyroid and the weight gain ( I gained 22 pounds from mid april  to the end of June ) that comes from TSH and T4 levels being out of whack....you can't just lose 11 pounds like that *snaps finger*.  The body is resistant to weight loss no matter what you do.  I've been at the gym 4-5 nights a week, 2 hours at a time, watching every bite that goes in my mouth, and I'm a healthy eater already... I haven't seen the scale budge in over 2 months.  They have adjusted my meds and I've regained some of my lost energy but the metabolism is still at a standstill.  So ...if Victoria has a true thyroid condition, she will need time to adjust and work on the weight loss.  It most certainly could not be achieved by the end of TC.  That said,  I am still firmly on Victoria's side.  I do  not see her as a "fat cow" as she's been called.  If her condition is hypothyroid, then she's going to gain weight and there's not one thing she can do about it until they get her on the appropriate dose of thyroid medication.  What I do see....is this...I see her as an 18 yr old little girl who has probably been coddled most of her life, and who is trying to figure her place out in this great big effed up mess of a world.  If she lied about the appointment, and coming from John Galt, I do believe what he's shared with us, then she made a mistake.  Unfortunately, for her, the internet will NEVER let her forget it and people will never forgive her for it.  I am on her side, and I, for one, will be rooting her (and Dayton!) on the next time she auditions, whether that is next  year or years later.  

I see your point of view, and I definitely know how hard it is to lose weight while being in hypothyroid land. My problem is Victoria said she had an alleged thyroid disorder and lied about seeing a Cowboys doctor for a simple blood test to see if her thyroid levels were off. If she really had a possible thyroid disorder why not see the doctor or come in with a letter or note from her own personal physician saying yes she does have a thyroid condition and she are on a treatment plan, and/or she is seeing and endocrinologist for further testing and treatment plan. She should have been honest from the minute they called her into the office for weight. She had Jinelle willing to work with her, she had support from Kelli and Miss Kitty, she had the opportunity to see her doctor for testing aka blood tests and a possible thyroid scan. I'm sorry, but she brought it on herself. Why would the Cowboys doctor say she miss the appointment? What would he actually gain by saying she missed her appointment? Would other TC Candidates be given the same chances she got? Would other girls get away with lying about a possible medical condition affecting their weight? No unless they are an absolute Kelli and Charlotte favorite. If she does have a thyroid disorder I am sure Judy and Kelli would have worked with her. Jordan Ketchum was hypothyroid her rookie year and struggled with weight, and she made the team. Megan Sharp supposedly had a thyroid disorder leading her to struggle with weight her fourth year, and she was an assistant group leader and became an All-Star after retiring.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I see your point of view, and I definitely know how hard it is to lose weight while being in hypothyroid land. My problem is Victoria said she had an alleged thyroid disorder and lied about seeing a Cowboys doctor for a simple blood test to see if her thyroid levels were off. If she really had a possible thyroid disorder why not see the doctor or come in with a letter or note from her own personal physician saying yes she does have a thyroid condition and we are on a treatment plan, and/or she is seeing and endocrinologist for further testing and treatment plan. She should have been honest from the minute they called her into the office for weight. She had Jinelle willing to work with her, she had support from Kelli and Miss Kitty, she had the opportunity to see her doctor for testing aka blood tests and a possible thyroid scan. I'm sorry, but she brought it on herself. Why would the Cowboys doctor say she miss the appointment? What would he actually gain by saying she missed her appointment? Would other TC Candidates be given the same chances she got? Would other girls get away with lying about a possible medical condition affecting their weight? No unless they are an absolute Kelli and Charlotte favorite. If she does have a thyroid disorder I am sure Judy and Kelli would have worked with her. Jordan Ketchum was hypothyroid her rookie year and struggled with weight, and she made the team. Megan Sharp struggled with weight her fourth year, and she was an assistant group leader and became an All-Star after retiring.

If she lied about it, then, as I stated, that is her mistake and as you stated, that's on her.   18 year olds think they are invincible.  Maybe she's seen her family doc...maybe she hasn't....maybe her mom told her it was "probably" a thyroid issue and Victoria ran with it...but I don't know these people personally, and I never will, so I'm just going from my own currrent experience with the thyroid issue.  

• Love 3

I wish we had seen more of the nutrition consult, because she seemed like she was full of good info. 

That said, losing 11 pounds in a few weeks in a healthy way isn’t impossible with some meal prep and dedication. 1500 calories (give or take) of protein, veggies and some fruit isn’t that damn difficult if your goal is to trim down in a healthy way. Cut alcohol and sugar for a few weeks and like magic VK’s belly bloat would go down, even if she does have a thyroid issue. I know there are some exceptions to this, but in general, the food you put in your body greatly impacts performance and health. If you have a dream to wear a skimpy uniform on a large public stage, take care of your body. 

VK is young, and so are some of the vets who clearly are on WW, but these goals aren’t out of reach for any of them. And frankly I don’t think it’s too much to ask of an athlete. These women have been dancing most of their lives, so I doubt sound nutrition is unfamiliar. And if it is, ask for help or google it. 

Disclaimer: I’ve struggled with weight and thyroid issues my entire life and have enough knowledge to fill ten textbooks it seems. That said, I don’t have the same motivation these ladies do! 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Kayce said:

If she lied about it, then, as I stated, that is her mistake and as you stated, that's on her.   18 year olds think they are invincible.  Maybe she's seen her family doc...maybe she hasn't....maybe her mom told her it was "probably" a thyroid issue and Victoria ran with it...but I don't know these people personally, and I never will, so I'm just going from my own currrent experience with the thyroid issue.  

I think she lied about it because more than one insider or poster has said she said she had a possible thyroid condition leading to her weight gain. If she did have a thyroid condition after starting TC, her best option would have been to be honest about it and get the proper diagnosis and treatment plan possible. Not doing anything about a possible thyroid condition and being in denial is the worse thing she could do. Focus on her health and not be a DCC is the best thing for her. Of course saying she had one and not wanting to see a doctor for a confirm diagnosis and not working with Jinelle was not the brightest idea either. Her actions prove to Kelli and Charlotte she was lying through her teeth and prove she was not a responsible representative for the DCC Organization.

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Cassie is the daughter of someone who works there and Meredith’s Mom & Judy are very good friends. Until the Oden’s moved to Houston, the Trammell kids and Oden girls were practically inseparable.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Cassie is the daughter of someone who works there and Meredith’s Mom & Judy are very good friends. Until the Oden’s moved to Houston, the Trammell kids and Oden girls were practically inseparable.

Yes, but the viewers didn't know that.  This season the viewers knew that Dayton's mom worked for the DCC, and they also knew that Victoria was the daughter of Kelli's best friend given that Tina had been featured on the show in past seasons.  The average viewer wouldn't have had any clue who Meredith's mother was.  

Kelli's concern was having the viewers suspect nepotism, which they'd be more likely to suspect if there were two girls trying out whose mothers were people the viewers already knew to have a close connection with Kelli.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Kayce said:

This wouldn’t surprise me at all. Thyroid problems run in my mom’s family, though luckily neither my sister, nor I have had issues. However, anytime one of the women in the family has an unusual amount of weight gain, someone always throws out the possibility of it being a thyroid issue. It’s possible VK was told this and ran with it and then was actuallyworried that her tests would show that it wasn’t a thyroid issue but that she had just been eating so poorly that she gained all that weight. Regardless, she definitely needs to grow up and mature. 

An 11 pound weight gain in someone that young who is working out as much as she is just seems so unlikely to me if it’s not related to a health condition. I’m not a fluctuater, never have been, so perhaps that’s why it’s so hard for me to see, but it just seems like she shouldn’t be gaining that much weight in what, 4 weeks, even if she’s eating junk food. I’m older than VK, I sit at a desk all day, I workout a few times a week, and my secretary loves to bring homemade cake, brownies, and cupcakes to the office (my sweet tooth doesn’t extend to cookies and candy - but cake, i love it!). So even if i eat healthy in my other meals, my diet regularly goes off the rails due to afternoon sweets, but gaining 11 pounds would take a while even if i stopped working out all together. Again, everyone’s body is different, and Im not a nutritionist or doctor, but her gaining that much weight in a short amount of time given that she’s only 18 and very active seems odd to me.

• Love 2