Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

This wouldn’t surprise me at all. Thyroid problems run in my mom’s family, though luckily neither my sister, nor I have had issues. However, anytime one of the women in the family has an unusual amount of weight gain, someone always throws out the possibility of it being a thyroid issue. It’s possible VK was told this and ran with it and then was actuallyworried that her tests would show that it wasn’t a thyroid issue but that she had just been eating so poorly that she gained all that weight. Regardless, she definitely needs to grow up and mature. 

An 11 pound weight gain in someone that young who is working out as much as she is just seems so unlikely to me if it’s not related to a health condition. I’m not a fluctuater, never have been, so perhaps that’s why it’s so hard for me to see, but it just seems like she shouldn’t be gaining that much weight in what, 4 weeks, even if she’s eating junk food. I’m older than VK, I sit at a desk all day, I workout a few times a week, and my secretary loves to bring homemade cake, brownies, and cupcakes to the office (my sweet tooth doesn’t extend to cookies and candy - but cake, i love it!). So even if i eat healthy in my other meals, my diet regularly goes off the rails due to afternoon sweets, but gaining 11 pounds would take a while even if i stopped working out all together. Again, everyone’s body is different, and Im not a nutritionist or doctor, but her gaining that much weight in a short amount of time given that she’s only 18 and very active seems odd to me.

Again, she was seen on two occasions stopping for a milkshake after practice.  It was quite the scandal among the girls.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, but the viewers didn't know that.  This season the viewers knew that Dayton's mom worked for the DCC, and they also knew that Victoria was the daughter of Kelli's best friend given that Tina had been featured on the show in past seasons.  The average viewer wouldn't have had any clue who Meredith's mother was.  

Kelli's concern was having the viewers suspect nepotism, which they'd be more likely to suspect if there were two girls trying out whose mothers were people the viewers already knew to have a close connection with Kelli.

Kim was featured on Meredith's rookie season.  There was the famous season of "No cheating when you're eating." in which Kim was introduced as a former DCC and as good friends of Judy and Kelli and as Meredith's mom.  They showed pictures of Kim in her uniform.  The word legacy was used often.  Kim told Meredith to not tell her father how short the shorts were for her audition outfit.  Kim was in the locker room before the first game.  My memory is it came up in several of the episodes that year.  It was season 2 so I have not watched it in a few years.    Meredith was on a drill team and had fabulous kicks and made it on her own.    It was also shown that Meredith did not make it the first year she tried out which I believe was 2 years earlier so not part of the regular show.  If you watched Meredith's season, you knew who her mother was.    I loved Meredith.  Just saying, to be fair it was all known by the viewer.

Obviously, Cassie's rookie season was 3.  Everyone knew she was Judy's daughter.  I rewatched all the prior seasons except for 1 and 2 recently,  and did not see where everyone claimed she was shoved down our throat.  It was discussed she was Judy's daughter, Judy was kicked out of discussions on Cassie, etc.  Other girls were shown during that too.  VK has had much more coverage than Cassie on their first training camp.  

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Again, she was seen on two occasions stopping for a milkshake after practice.  It was quite the scandal among the girls.

Not denying that at all. Just saying that a couple of milkshakes after multiple hours of pretty strenuous practice doesn’t seem like it should result in that much weight gain. Perhaps she was just siting junk all day though. My first year of college, everyone ate terribly and drank, without working out that much between the random stops at the Rec, and i don’t remember anyone gaining that much weight that quickly. Now, by second semester and towards the mid to end of the fall, the freshmen 15 started becoming obvious on many ppl, but a month? Not saying it’s impossible or that it didn’t happen here. It just seems unusual to me.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

You definitely did not sound like a miss know it all. Sorry to hear you were born with a completely non-functioning thyroid. It has been a major work in progress to keep my thyroid levels in a good place. Right now I feel like I am back in hyperthyroid land. I guess I will find out in early October when I see my endocrinologist for a follow up appointment. Since I started taking a thyroid hormone replacement med in late January 2013, I have been sick and miserable with multiple health issues.

It just bugs me Victoria may be using her thyroid as the reason why she had weight gain when so many people struggle due to having a thyroid condition. It is not fun at all! I remember when I went into remission for a long time after being diagnosed with Graves Disease. It was so nice to feel good. I miss those days. It also bugs me when Kelli, Charlotte and Miss Kitty make excuses for her. Oh well!

Wow,  You've had your own battle with your thyroid levels ~ I know how complicated it can be, dealing with all the symptoms and esp. that hyperthyroidism is every bit as much a challenge!!  I hope your endocrinologist gets you back on the right path.  As much as the weight can be an issue, all the other symptoms associated can make our life a living hell.   I hope you're feeling better soon.  I'm back on the hunt for a new endocrinologist since my insurance wasn't cooperating with my last one- And I loved her, I'm so disappointed.  

Yeah, I'm totally with you on the Victoria situation, if she's using this as a reason.  As of right now, I'm side-eying her on this. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

Or maybe require at least a year on a bigger college dance team? 

I think 18 has been shown to be too young several times already. Brianna last year being one example. 

I definitely think in the age of social media, 18 is way too young for most candidates. Agree with age 20 or 21.

• Love 6

We don't know how much Vic weighed a month before tryouts. She stated on episode 1 that weight is an issue for her. If she crash dieted for a month before training camp started she very easily could have gained back what she lost plus more in a month. I know because I used to do the same yoyo diet when I was that age. My best friend and I must have gained and lost the same 20 lbs a dozen times

• Love 8

Did anyone else notice how Vic's demeanor changed when Kelly brought up weight? It was like she was thinking "oh crap, I might really be in trouble " I'm more positive now that there is truth to the rumor her spot was guaranteed, and all the histrionics for the camera before the office visit was just her acting for the show.

• Love 14

Did we see VK's conversation with the nutritionist?  I would like to know if she was told what to do and what to eat to start working off the weight.  And again, what happened to her trainer?  I would have thought he would have said something to her.

I'm with Jay back in season 6 or 7 was it when he made the comment about how you have all these girls at tryouts who come in lean and mean, and taking in people with weight issues, like the vets. I understand taking in vets with weight issues, because they have the trust and respect of past experiences with Kelli and Judy to know they'll get the weight off. But, plenty of beautiful, talented dancers come in with amazing technical training and their bod is rocking and they're passed up for someone like VK.

I have noticed that they really hadn't taken many people into training camp with weight issues for a while, since Elizabeth Reuter was like "why did you keep me if you were going to cut me." Most of the weight issues seemed to stem from them not knowing their body type would look that way in the uniform. Too bad they didn't listen to Jay this time. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Jennv said:

We don't know how much Vic weighed a month before tryouts. She stated on episode 1 that weight is an issue for her. If she crash dieted for a month before training camp started she very easily could have gained back what she lost plus more in a month. I know because I used to do the same yoyo diet when I was that age. My best friend and I must have gained and lost the same 20 lbs a dozen times

Yes. Until these girls learn that it’s a lifestyle change, not a diet, they’re going to struggle. Jinelle and Kelli Sullivan live healthy lifestyles... eating well is a way of life, which is why they’re able to maintain their health and weight.

• Love 8

So @ShellyB @'d me and I'm fan girling lol.

TBH, when I watched started watching last season, I didn't get all the "Shelly is so professional" comments.  The peeking and doing the routines along with Dayton on the sides, made me raise my eyebrows - very proud Mom - definite yes.  Professional in the sense of separating work/home? Not so much.  I really feel differently now.  I am one of those "THAT'S MY BABY" dance moms. so I understand her reactions - I just don't work in an environment like that, so I will never know how Shelly should/could react. 

My heart breaks for Dayton. I wish I could have hugged her through the screen. Everything showed she was on her way to making the team. She had a bad night with the choreo in the first few scenes, but when learning Nick's routine, it literally looked like she was LEARNING THE ROUTINE. 

I looked at Dayton's instagram because there were a lot of references to her social media.  I guess the "dance community" is really small because Dayton is an alumna of NYCDA and she and my daughter have mutual friends.  One went to same school as Dayton and was my daughter's freshman year roommate.  Dayton has a lot of videos on her insta.  The clips from the show do not give Dayton any justice.  She is extremely skilled and a trained dancer.  Some people just don't pick up choreo quickly (being under scrutiny and feeling the pressure probably doesn't help).  TBH I though Dayton was one of those dancers who trained at a comp school and didn't have a rock solid technical background.  Looks like she does have a lot of ballet background - in that sense, most ballerinas don't do well in other genres, because you basically have to ignore every thing you've learned (and classical ballet if anything, is very rote) to do some other genres (ie hip hop).  Some people can go from genre to genre effortlessly, but it's not easy.

From Dayton's insta, I also see that she was accepted at University of Arizona.  UA has a very STRONG dance program.  The ballet mistress's daughter at my daughter's studio attended UA (on scholarship - that she received through NYCDA), graduated a year early and now is working for a modern dance company in New York.   Gabby is a alumni, don't know if she was a dance major - but she did the pom line.  Gabby is a solid DCC. I have no doubt, had Dayton gone to UA, or even just got a few more years under her belt, there would have been no issues. 

Now back to @ShellyB - despite being one of those THAT'S MY BABY moms, she is not on here fighting anyone who, have had contradictory statements about Dayton.  She is also not on here bashing VK, either.  She clears up any misconceptions we have about processes, but doesn't spill tea about the organization she represents.

I'll keep watching - I really like when they focus on dance.  The drama? Well, lol, any dance mom will tell you - that's always going to be around. 

• Love 10

That was gut wrenching to watch.  I feel so bad for Dayton, but it looks like she is on to bigger and better things.  I have never teared up during a cut and that was brutal.  Dayton seems like a very classy young lady, not a look at me type person.  Judy could hardly look at her while she was sitting there.  Good luck to Dayton and the path she is about to take.  

With that being said I was so annoyed this whole episode.  Victoria, yes she is young, but her over the top theatrics is too much.  She doesn’t seem to take it seriously, she’s almost laughing about it.  An 11 lb weight gain has never been tolerated for a rookie.  I think of Elizabeth Reuter and Grace Sells.  Grace was told she looked thick but I thought she looked great and much better than Victoria.  Yes, Liz Reuter was bigger but it’s no different from Victoria.  Thinking back Kitty just said she’s so damn big, well so is Victoria.  I hate talking about an 18 yr old girl like that but you have to keep consistency on the team.  If it’s never been accepted before than you can’t make an exception for a friends kid.  Even the Awe comment with Victoria falling out of her turn.  Others have done that and they didn’t make it into training camp.  I know there is something about having connections, I experienced not getting a job in Texas and it went to the presidents son.  He was a terrible worker but that is nepotism.  That situation just sucks especially hearing Victoria was running and being a tattle.  

Now, with Kitty saying a lot of attitudes need adjusting and some of the vets being out of shape I have a theory.  Maybe they were sick of seeing Victoria get away with it, she wasn’t held to the standards at all.  Maybe some of the vets said screw it let’s see how far we can get away with it.  You can’t expect a whole team to keep up with high standards while allowing a rookie (and best friends daughter) get away with the same things.  Lol okay I think that’s enough of my two cents!  

• Love 12

Kitty didn't look right last night.   After looking at the lookback episodes to Season 7, and seeing Kitty charge into the studio, and put the girls through their paces, the difference in her was dramatic.     I wonder if there's something going on with her, because she just didn't look like herself last night.     Season 7 uniform fittings did illustrate that the shorts now cover more.   They were dramatically smaller. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

Now, with Kitty saying a lot of attitudes need adjusting and some of the vets being out of shape I have a theory.  Maybe they were sick of seeing Victoria get away with it, she wasn’t held to the standards at all.  Maybe some of the vets said screw it let’s see how far we can get away with it.  You can’t expect a whole team to keep up with high standards while allowing a rookie (and best friends daughter) get away with the same things.  Lol okay I think that’s enough of my two cents!  

And the bad part is she’s not even a rookie yet.  Just a candidate.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

From Dayton's insta, I also see that she was accepted at University of Arizona.  UA has a very STRONG dance program.  The ballet mistress's daughter at my daughter's studio attended UA (on scholarship - that she received through NYCDA), graduated a year early and now is working for a modern dance company in New York.   Gabby is a alumni, don't know if she was a dance major - but she did the pom line.  Gabby is a solid DCC. I have no doubt, had Dayton gone to UA, or even just got a few more years under her belt, there would have been no issues. 

Former DCC's Megan C and Olivia Rene went to UA, as did current DCC Heather

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Yes, Southampton UK. She has several that port in Southampton the last half of her contract. I will pass your well wishes along. 

Thanks Shelly are you able to pass on which dates she will be in Southampton? and when she leaves (Southampton eg dates and time the cruise would leave and the place it goes to?) I honestly would love to go on one of the cruises shes working at and watch her perform, and with her leaving port from UK it would be so nice to go see her. Or have those dates not been "given out yet" or are you not allowed to say?

Ps back on topic. What episode number are we on? 9 right? I usually watch the show from a free site (dont live in USA) and its 7.45pm UK time and I swear this weeks episode isnt Show group again? Or can someone correct me. I swear the episode I watched this week says 21 Sept and its episode 8 and has Travis and that lyrical piece that I could've sworn I saw last week. Even us iTunes says episode 8 shown on 21 Sept .. am I losing my marbles and need some sleep? :)

On 9/8/2018 at 2:08 PM, MyFavShows said:

This is a video I found of VK doing a solo in 2016...there is nothing wrong w/ her dancing - she actually has great extension and good control - especially for her height.   And she has better technique than a lot of the girls who are seen as rock stars on the DCC (namely Madeline).   I think this stuff that she can’t dance and needs favoritism to make the squad is exaggerated.

Catching up on old posts:

I actually think she looks terrible for someone dancing her whole life.  I see a baby giraffe walking for the first time.  Just my opinion.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did we see VK's conversation with the nutritionist?  I would like to know if she was told what to do and what to eat to start working off the weight.  And again, what happened to her trainer?  I would have thought he would have said something to her.

No idea if VK had a conversation or meetings with the nutritionist. I know she keep avoiding phone calls with Jinelle or getting together with Jinelle to work on nutrition or work out plans, but she was not returning Jinelle's phone calls or wanting to meet with Jinelle.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

No idea if VK had a conversation or meetings with the nutritionist. I know she keep avoiding phone calls with Jinelle or getting together with Jinelle to work on nutrition or work out plans, but she was not returning Jinelle's phone calls or wanting to meet with Jinelle.

Well, if Jinelle still needs a project, I'm available :)

• Love 19
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, but the viewers didn't know that.  This season the viewers knew that Dayton's mom worked for the DCC, and they also knew that Victoria was the daughter of Kelli's best friend given that Tina had been featured on the show in past seasons.  The average viewer wouldn't have had any clue who Meredith's mother was.  

Kelli's concern was having the viewers suspect nepotism, which they'd be more likely to suspect if there were two girls trying out whose mothers were people the viewers already knew to have a close connection with Kelli.

Meredith's rookie story line was being a legacy, same as Victoria. Same info for average viewers. I mean they upfront introed them as MY MOM WAS A CHEERLEADER IN THE 80s.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

So they secretly followed her around and watched what she ordered?   Or were they with her pretending to be her friend and then reported back what she ordered to others later?   Sounds like two-faced mean girl behavior if you ask me.

So what if she had a milkshake after a 5 hour dance practice - weren’t all of them out getting pancakes at IHOP at 1:00am?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Meredith's rookie story line was being a legacy, same as Victoria. Same info for average viewers. I mean they upfront introed them as MY MOM WAS A CHEERLEADER IN THE 80s.

As I have said several times, It's not just legacy -- it's legacy PLUS having a mother who is either part of the DCC organization or is known by viewers to be best friends with the powers that be.

2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So what if she had a milkshake after a 5 hour dance practice - weren’t all of them out getting pancakes at IHOP at 1:00am?

Yes, but those girls didn't gain 11 pounds in training camp.  The point being, even when her weight was out of control AND she'd been warned, she was eating whatever she wanted.

• Love 7
Just now, SmpIsimon said:

As I have said several times, It's not just legacy -- it's legacy PLUS having a mother who is either part of the DCC organization or is known by viewers to be best friends with the powers that be.

yeah, they showed viewers she was friends with powers that be. Don't remember if they mentioned she worked for them any more than they mentioned Tina does. But whatever, I think it's the same, you don't, OK.

I still feel like VK was shoved at us and tried to be sold as the perfect DCC more than the other three combined, including Cassie for the past 10 years.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So they secretly followed her around and watched what she ordered?   Or were they with her pretending to be her friend and then reported back what she ordered to others later?   Sounds like two-faced mean girl behavior if you ask me.

Just like her going behind the girls' backs and ratting certain girls out.

1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

Judy and Meredith's mom are good friends, and yet Judy herself did say that Meredith shouldn't have been brought back in Season 5 for weight.  So, I think regardless of the level of "legacy" they are not being consistent

• Love 7
Just now, UnicornKicks said:

yeah, they showed viewers she was friends with powers that be. Don't remember if they mentioned she worked for them any more than they mentioned Tina does. But whatever, I think it's the same, you don't, OK.

I still feel like VK was shoved at us and tried to be sold as the perfect DCC more than the other three combined, including Cassie for the past 10 years.

Exactly! They have been trying to convince the viewers and fans Victoria is the right choice to be a DCC. They were being naïve it they did not think the real truth would come out sooner or later. I also cannot believe they were willing to cut another vet in case Victoria made the team. I do not blame the other girls for being upset.

Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Judy and Meredith's mom are good friends, and yet Judy herself did say that Meredith shouldn't have been brought back in Season 5 for weight.  So, I think regardless of the level of "legacy" they are not being consistent

Good point. Touche my friend. Too bad Judy was 100% blind to anything involving Cassie.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Just like her going behind the girls' backs and ratting certain girls out.

What were the other girls ratted out for?  Was it for stuff less worse or worse than ordering a milkshake after practice?

• Love 1

I don't know if any of the other TCC were super upset though, bc they've all danced for years and know by now taht this is how it works. They've probably all been faves with special privileges at some point, even if they don't realize it. There is ALWAYS somebody who everyone else is like WTH? why are they here? Oh, bc they're related to somebody or pay for extra privates, etc. 

3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

What were the other girls ratted out for?  Was it for stuff less worse or worse than ordering a milkshake after practice?

I do not think someone went running to Kelli and Judy and said I saw Victoria drinking a milkshake after practice was over. I heard a lot of girls did not care for Victoria, and she was running around stating she had a guaranteed spot on the team. Plus the fact she obviously lied about her weight gain and possible thyroid disorder while other girls were being called out for things and being cut. Other girls would have been cut for getting caught in a lie and would not get the ole she has been a part of this for a long so give her a break speech Miss Kitty gave last night. She also had a chance to work with Jinelle to get the weight off and go to a Cowboys doctor to see if she really does have a thyroid disorder. How many other girls got the same chance?

2 hours ago, Jennv said:

I gain and lose 7 pounds every month just from having my period.  I’m pretty tall and curvy (like just my boobs is probably half of it), so that may be why, but if someone weighed me at the two specific times of the month it could really look like shocking weight gain/loss.

I also did the yo-yo dieting when younger too - I don’t have the willpower anymore to do the quick weight loss for an event crazy stuff anymore - only a gradual approach works now.   If that’s what VK did, her mistake was letting herself go once she got into camp, that’s where she screwed up - she needed to keep it up till she made the squad ;).   Of course she could have found herself benched if she did that and gained it all back during the season as well...so probably better she got cut and is now working to lose it gradually and a healthy way so it’s easier to maintain.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5

After reading some other responses, I figure it might be a height thing. I’m short with a small frame, so an 11 pound weight gain in a month sounds like an enormous amount of weight to me, but I guess for taller people, it’s not that drastic. Add in the binge dieting if that’s what VK is doing, and I guess I can see it even if she has no health issues. The only dieting that has ever worked for me is counting calories/weight watchers type diets. I can cut back on portions, but I just can’t cut out food groups (no keto diet for me), and I’ve never lasted more than a day on a cleanse that didn’t allow me to drink my coffee with cream and truvia in the morning. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Dayton is a class act. Kelli is right, she just needs more time, she'll be an amazing DCC in the near future. Team Dayton all the way. 

If she tries out again, the camera won't be on her that much. Probably just a blurb about being cut this year and I've here and there since that time

There will be a fresh set of true rookies to focus on.

".. I can't take anymore... please have mercy on me... Take it easy on my heart..."

Kinda like TN-Titan Briana. Has she said anything to the camera  this season ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyEve said:

Ps back on topic. What episode number are we on? 9 right? I usually watch the show from a free site (dont live in USA) and its 7.45pm UK time and I swear this weeks episode isnt Show group again? Or can someone correct me. I swear the episode I watched this week says 21 Sept and its episode 8 and has Travis and that lyrical piece that I could've sworn I saw last week. Even us iTunes says episode 8 shown on 21 Sept .. am I losing my marbles and need some sleep? :)

It's not just you, I'm trying to watch in the UK too and each site I've used to play episode 8 has started playing episode 7. I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard it start with Kelli talking about how she'd made the first cut! 

Hopefully will find somewhere to watch it eventually! 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, rose711 said:

Even without spoilers, I knew they would never cut the runner up for Miss America. She is a huge plus for their PR which they desperately need. She’s a fine dancer and I think she will be good.

I bet she only stays a year unless she finds a career or serious relationship in Dallas. She seems more driven than the other girls and this is just a stepping stone goal for her.

AND GORGEOUS!

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, sATL said:

If she tries out again, the camera won't be on her that much. Probably just a blurb about being cut this year and I've here and there since that time

There will be a fresh set of true rookies to focus on.

".. I can't take anymore... please have mercy on me... Take it easy on my heart..."

Kinda like TN-Titan Briana. Has she said anything to the camera  this season ?

Is that what Dayton said? I fast forwarded Dayton's cut because my heart couldn't take it and I originally was a Dayton and VK hater. Still a not a VK fan.

• Love 1

11 pounds in 8 weeks vs. 4 weeks is still a lot of weight for someone who said before auditions she knew weight was going to be difficult for her.  Each week VK has looked like she gained more weight.  If any other girl looked like VK did at uniform fittings, Kelli would have talked about it.  Then this week no one can avoid the topic.  It's the elephant in the room.   I am well aware of VK being 18 years old and being young and want to not be too critical.  However, fair is fair.  Any other TCC would have been in Kelli's office every week discussing the scale going up.  The first office visit they mentioned her soft tummy so anyone else would have been called in the office if she gained each week.  They showed a clip of Holly P. close to tears when the scale went up her rookie year during camp.  Kash also got called out for weight by Kelli that episode and was then on camera saying how upset she was with herself.  VK knew she was gaining weight.  Everyone knew VK was gaining weight.  It reminds me of the scene in the first Sex and the City movie in which Samantha returns and has noticeably gained weight but said "she did not realize."  Her three friends/"mirrors" (Charlotte, Carrie, and Miranda) call her on it.    I woke up furious with how Kelli and Kitty have different standards for VK.  If Tina wanted VK to make the team, Tina should have reminded her of Tina's struggles.  Tina had no problem in the past discussing TCC's weight.

That being said besides Tara who I adore, Lexie and Miranda have put on some weight and no one mentions that.  It showed last night.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Is that what Dayton said? I fast forwarded Dayton's cut because my heart couldn't take it and I originally was a Dayton and VK hater. Still a not a VK fan.

no.. she said nothing... she cried..

that is from the lyrics from the song that was playing when she was crying and walking out..

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

The difference with Meredith was she showed respect for what DCC was and is. Meredith didn't have expectations that VK has and you wouldn't have known Judy was a close friend of her mother's. She was also a rangerette and had gorgeous kicks, was a technically trained dancer, and deserved to be a DCC as long as she did. Cassie was a hot mess at her rookie auditions and IMO every year after that but she was Judy's daughter. How can an unattractive, buck-toothed, pigeon-toed, knocked kneed, small eyed, clunky dancer be on show group and lead group 1 if that person was NOT Judy's daughter and gifted. She even had a poor attitude. Cassie showed her entitlement and bad attitude in TC when she became winded (due to being out of condition) and used the need for her asthma inhaler as the reason. Kelli rolled her eyes and gave Judy the "you better fix this look" Oddly she never had another asthma attack after that but remained MEAN girl. I watched her at rehearsal during a pink half time once and she would roll her eyes at other DCC practicing and snapped at her partner because he didnt hold her right or something of the sort, I couldnt believe the nastiness.

New legacies, Dayton and VK are different. Dayton didnt come in with expectations or the life long dream. I remember some years back Shelly stated something about Dayton learning her fouettes en pointe and that she looked down on ever wanting to be a DCC. I think Kelli remembers this. Kelli never forgets or forgives. VK we all know has been conditioned to be one from the get go. I cant get over the fact that she has been to EVERY audition since she could walk, Jr DCC, DCC prep classes every year x2 or 3, watches MTT, take power classes with MichelleK, dances like a s****** mess, and EXPECTS to be on the team by association. She disrespects ALL of the judges on social media by only thanking Charlotte, Kelli and Judy after her cut as if its their decision and theirs alone (which it is, but how rude) matters, disregards the look of a DCC with weight gain and blaming it on an acute health issue? (Tara, Selina, Raylee, and others didnt have thyroid issues) It's that bad attitude comparable to that of Cassie's and her asthma inhaler. VK lies to Kelli to her face when Kelli set up her Dr appt which she missed and then stands a DCC up, Jinelle without as much as a phone call? E-X-P-E-C-T-A-T-I-O-N-S!!!! She expected to be gifted a spot. And thats not even all of the BS she pulled! I think Kelli has displaced her emotions by venting them toward Dayton as Dayton didnt deserve the "just because your somebody's daughter" speech but VK did!  I didnt see expectations or entitlement with Dayton, but it is blatantly clear with VK. Dayton went to the Meet the Team to support the new team but VK and Tina were nowhere to be found. That alone is poor behavior, poor sportsmanship, unsupportive, and not DCC worthy... EVER!! Entitled to the MAX! Makes me sick. I dont even want to watch next year as we all know she will be back and on the Team and we are privy of knowing what all she pulled this year. She cant even keep her eye off the camera, she is looking at it at every chance she gets, its too much. 

Legacy or not please have RESPECT for those who've worn the uniform before you. 

Edited by FMRDancerNYC
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

I never said she looked down on it. I said it wasn’t something she thought about, as she grew up with a pretty classical background. You have to think about a girl that was literally born into this world....I was 8 weeks pregnant with her when I was the PBC. She was always asked about being a DCC when she grew up. She would 95% of the time answer no, even as a little girl.....and she was surround by several girls in her dance studio that were DCC. 

Thank you for clarifying. As a classically trained dancer myself I didnt have the DCC dream. It is a different mentality but even so, dance is dance, and it stays in your blood for life.  

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I never said she looked down on it. I said it wasn’t something she thought about, as she grew up with a pretty classical background. You have to think about a girl that was literally born into this world....I was 8 weeks pregnant with her when I was the PBC. She was always asked about being a DCC when she grew up. She would 95% of the time answer no, even as a little girl.....and she was surround by several girls in her dance studio that were DCC. 

Dayton can technically say she was a PBC.  As classy as you have raised her to be (you are also), Dayton will be the most popular TCC to not make the squad.  I hope she has the adventure of a lifetime with her new job.  Enjoy all of your cruises.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Thanks Shelly are you able to pass on which dates she will be in Southampton? and when she leaves (Southampton eg dates and time the cruise would leave and the place it goes to?) I honestly would love to go on one of the cruises shes working at and watch her perform, and with her leaving port from UK it would be so nice to go see her. Or have those dates not been "given out yet" or are you not allowed to say?

Sent you a PM

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think someone went running to Kelli and Judy and said I saw Victoria drinking a milkshake after practice was over. I heard a lot of girls did not care for Victoria, and she was running around stating she had a guaranteed spot on the team. Plus the fact she obviously lied about her weight gain and possible thyroid disorder while other girls were being called out for things and being cut. Other girls would have been cut for getting caught in a lie and would not get the ole she has been a part of this for a long so give her a break speech Miss Kitty gave last night. She also had a chance to work with Jinelle to get the weight off and go to a Cowboys doctor to see if she really does have a thyroid disorder. How many other girls got the same chance?

Well, if they don’t like her, how do they know she’s getting milkshakes after practice? - either they were there with her, or they are secretly following/watching her.  I suspect it was the former.

I just don’t like two-faced behavior - like people pretending to be the friend of a disliked person only to gather info and report it back to others.  That stuff is so mean girl it was literally the plot of a movie of the same name.

And Victoria eventually was cut for weight and/or lying so I guess they all got their wish.   So is her having two milkshakes the proof that she lied about a possible thyroid disorder, or was that cause she didn’t go see that DCC doctor and said she did the smoking gun that she was lying there.

There could be a ton of reasons she gained weight - I’m sure she didn’t set out to purposely gain 11 pounds.   It happens to girls every year - sometimes TPTB let it go, and sometimes they cut girls for the tiniest sign of softness - this is nothing new.  I for one think Kandi Harris and Amy T were both way too heavy/thick to make the squad even their rookie years.  Current vet Rachel also too thick.  Maddie has clearly put on some pounds and they have her in the triangle.  They make exceptions sometimes - this is nothing new.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2