Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, sATL said:

no.. she said nothing... she cried..

that is from the lyrics from the song that was playing when she was crying and walking out..

She did more than just cry.....she was a sobbing mess. I wanted to give her a big hug and let her know, everything will be OK and your Mama will be proud of you no matter what. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, UnicornSparkles said:

Catching up on old posts:

I actually think she looks terrible for someone dancing her whole life.  I see a baby giraffe walking for the first time.  Just my opinion.

Wasn't she 12 or 13 in that vid? We all agree she is good in contemporary. That's it and that's all. To be a professional dancer you have to be good in ALL genres and to be a DCC you have to be good in their style. You put any other choreo on her and its a sloppy mess, s******, no control. You heard it from every choreographer on MTT EXCEPT the contemporary one Travis Wall. 

Edited by FMRDancerNYC
clarity
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DocBrown said:

It's not just you, I'm trying to watch in the UK too and each site I've used to play episode 8 has started playing episode 7. I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard it start with Kelli talking about how she'd made the first cut! 

Hopefully will find somewhere to watch it eventually! 

I stream everything and it is up on mos sites now.  Not sure which ones you use.

15 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

This should NOT be tolerated at all. If I were the director, those girls would be sent packing, pronto. The fact TPTB allow even one toxic girl to remain on the squad in spite of her problematic nature just irks the stew out of me. There are PLENTY of beautiful, talented dancers to take their place. 

She's had all the time in the world to keep her weight down....no sympathy for her. 

I didnt say I had sympathy for her.

I think she should have been cut then or earlier.

Losing the weight gain in a healthy manner before football season started is unrealistic. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I didnt say I had sympathy for her.

I think she should have been cut then or earlier.

Losing the weight gain in a healthy manner before football season started is unrealistic. 

VK had lots of time.....her whole natural born dancing life.....to get in shape before auditioning. If she was presumably ok the day of auditions, she should have stayed at that size....not gained 11 pounds and been all "oh, lookit mee!" about it. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

So @ShellyB @'d me and I'm fan girling lol.

TBH, when I watched started watching last season, I didn't get all the "Shelly is so professional" comments.  The peeking and doing the routines along with Dayton on the sides, made me raise my eyebrows - very proud Mom - definite yes.  Professional in the sense of separating work/home? Not so much.  I really feel differently now.  I am one of those "THAT'S MY BABY" dance moms. so I understand her reactions - I just don't work in an environment like that, so I will never know how Shelly should/could react. 

I looked at Dayton's instagram because there were a lot of references to her social media.  I guess the "dance community" is really small because Dayton is an alumna of NYCDA and she and my daughter have mutual friends.  One went to same school as Dayton and was my daughter's freshman year roommate.  Dayton has a lot of videos on her insta.  The clips from the show do not give Dayton any justice.  She is extremely skilled and a trained dancer.  Some people just don't pick up choreo quickly (being under scrutiny and feeling the pressure probably doesn't help).  TBH I though Dayton was one of those dancers who trained at a comp school and didn't have a rock solid technical background.  Looks like she does have a lot of ballet background - in that sense, most ballerinas don't do well in other genres, because you basically have to ignore every thing you've learned (and classical ballet if anything, is very rote) to do some other genres (ie hip hop).  Some people can go from genre to genre effortlessly, but it's not easy.

From Dayton's insta, I also see that she was accepted at University of Arizona.  UA has a very STRONG dance program.  The ballet mistress's daughter at my daughter's studio attended UA (on scholarship - that she received through NYCDA), graduated a year early and now is working for a modern dance company in New York.   Gabby is a alumni, don't know if she was a dance major - but she did the pom line.  Gabby is a solid DCC. I have no doubt, had Dayton gone to UA, or even just got a few more years under her belt, there would have been no issues. 

Now back to @ShellyB - despite being one of those THAT'S MY BABY moms, she is not on here fighting anyone who, have had contradictory statements about Dayton.  She is also not on here bashing VK, either.  She clears up any misconceptions we have about processes, but doesn't spill tea about the organization she represents.

I'll keep watching - I really like when they focus on dance.  The drama? Well, lol, any dance mom will tell you - that's always going to be around. 

I agree. Shelly appears to handle things with class.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, UnicornSparkles said:

Catching up on old posts:

I actually think she looks terrible for someone dancing her whole life.  I see a baby giraffe walking for the first time.  Just my opinion.

I’m not a dancer and never have been but I didn’t see anything really outstanding or eye-catching in that routine.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

She did more than just cry.....she was a sobbing mess. I wanted to give her a big hug and let her know, everything will be OK and your Mama will be proud of you no matter what. 

I couldn’t help but notice the part where Dayton was hugging Cheryl and you couldn’t see her, CMT looped the sobbing so it sounds a lot worse than it was. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Well, if they don’t like her, how do they know she’s getting milkshakes after practice? - either they were there with her, or they are secretly following/watching her.  I suspect it was the former.

I just don’t like two-faced behavior - like people pretending to be the friend of a disliked person only to gather info and report it back to others.  That stuff is so mean girl it was literally the plot of a movie of the same name.

And Victoria eventually was cut for weight and/or lying so I guess they all got their wish.   So is her having two milkshakes the proof that she lied about a possible thyroid disorder, or was that cause she didn’t go see that DCC doctor and said she did the smoking gun that she was lying there.

There could be a ton of reasons she gained weight - I’m sure she didn’t set out to purposely gain 11 pounds.   It happens to girls every year - sometimes TPTB let it go, and sometimes they cut girls for the tiniest sign of softness - this is nothing new.  I for one think Kandi Harris and Amy T were both way too heavy/thick to make the squad even their rookie years.  Current vet Rachel also too thick.  Maddie has clearly put on some pounds and they have her in the triangle.  They make exceptions sometimes - this is nothing new.

I am sure the girls who were tired after about four or more hours and follow Victoria around to see what she was eating and drinking. Victoria was also watching the girls and reporting to Kelli and Judy want they were doing. Victoria was the one who brought up the thyroid disorder. She was the one who lied about the doctor. No one force her to lie, go around telling others she was already on the team, or rat out others in order to make herself look good to Kelli and Judy, She did it on her very own. If she did have a thyroid condition, why was she afraid to see the one doctor or willing to work with Jinelle and the nutritionist. Hmmm... Maybe she knew her lies were catching up to her. Victoria has no one to blame but herself for what happened. And I bet if another girl pulled the same crap, she would have been shown the door before she could say 1,2,3 DCC!

Btw, they were making exceptions for Victoria aka Jinelle, the nutritionist, the Cowboys doctor, given her more time because *gasp* she has been with the program since she was ten, telling her she had a spot on the team before auditions actually started, letting her rat out certain girls to make herself look good to Judy, Kelli and Charlotte. In fact, I would not be surprise if she thought ratting on some of the girls would save her from admitting she had no thyroid disorder and her weight gain was from poor eating habits instead of a possible medical condition. She would have known Kelli and Judy would have work with her if her thyroid levels were out of control since two former DCCs dealt with thyroid disorders of their own and still made the team.

9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think she lied about it because more than one insider or poster has said she said she had a possible thyroid condition leading to her weight gain. If she did have a thyroid condition after starting TC, her best option would have been to be honest about it and get the proper diagnosis and treatment plan possible. Not doing anything about a possible thyroid condition and being in denial is the worse thing she could do. Focus on her health and not be a DCC is the best thing for her. Of course saying she had one and not wanting to see a doctor for a confirm diagnosis and not working with Jinelle was not the brightest idea either. Her actions prove to Kelli and Charlotte she was lying through her teeth and prove she was not a responsible representative for the DCC Organization.

Exactly why I am appalled that Kelli would allow her to try out next year.  She lied to multiple people within the organization.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Gabby, Erin, Molloy, Amber, and Taylor J all had office visits. I’m probably forgetting some. I will say that if Vic hadn’t been cut there is possibility that another vet would have been cut. There were a few who were on the bubble near the end, especially in that last week or so. I don’t really want to name names. I think all the vets ultimately earned their spots back in the end.

Dang!  I forgot about blond Taylor.  She can be added to the list of girls who could be cut without problem.  I bet that, when I have more time (this weekend), I could come up with a list of 8 girls no problem.  By this point, Kelli and Judy should already know at least 5 girls who should be cut already and an additional 3 who are on bubble and that's just among the rookies.  Kelli and Judy should also be looking at vets to see who's gotten complacent, is getting out-danced, etc. and THOSE girls can go on the list of potential cuts as well.  Heck, if it's bad enough, those vets could go on the "Could Be Cut Now" list.  I could name a few vets who could have (and should have) been cut during Training Camp or, better yet, at Finals and girls at auditions who should have made it to Training Camp but didn't.

20 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Kelli was willing to lose a Vet for that mess?

Yup.  Kelli certainly seems ready to cut anyone and everyone she needs to to keep Victoria.

20 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Just my opinion, but I don’t think Victoria would have made it even without her fibbing problem. Kelli might have entered camp thinking Victoria was a lock, but Vic’s standing in the ranks deteriorated over time due to her weight and dance issues.

I'm glad to hear that Kelli was gaining some sense though I think it was too little too late.  It has been speculated in the past that she expected everyone else in the world to immediately love and adore the precious Victoria as much as she loved and adored the girl without realizing the backlash she would get when people saw the massive amounts of favoritism and nepotism aimed her way.  Kelli can say how fair the auditions process is and how she doesn't have the only voice in the room, but I seriously doubt ANYONE will believe it after this year, rumors or no.  

18 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Imho the only way that VK could lose that amount of weight gain by football season would be in an unhealthy way. :( 

We already know for a fact that, despite everything Kelli says about losing weight in a healthy manner and the likes, she focuses on the wrong things when it comes to getting to, and maintaining, a healthy weight.  We've heard the stories and rumors about girls who do just about anything to get down to a weight that Kelli likes but is unhealthy and unsustainable for that particular girl.

15 hours ago, ByTor said:

Exactly.  She shouldn't have gained the weight in the 1st place.  Where were they when she gained 2 then 5 then 8 then...?  As was mentioned, you don't go straight to an 11 pound weight gain, there are pounds in between, this should have been nipped in the bud, especially since she was told about "toning up her tummy" from the start.

There was no way that Victoria or anyone else around her DIDN'T notice the weight gain.  She probably told them she'd be able to take it off, but the scale was going the wrong way.  I wouldn't be surprised if she said the scale was lying or that someone was adding weight because she couldn't POSSIBLY weight that much.  That is, if she didn't notice the way her clothes were fitting.  Even 10-15 pounds is enough to affect the way some clothes fit and, in some cases, is the difference between 2, maybe 3 sizes depending on the brand.

12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Just for the record, Kelli did acknowledge that VK was out of control and behind the count in her dance. And VK was warned a few times about her soft midsection - once in the office on camera and at least one time before that as we heard VK indicate she had already been spoken to about the softness. So Kelli knows its not right. Either she is keeping her because of her relationship or she is keeping her for the storyline. Not sure which.

I don't think people would cry nepotism if Dayton were simply given more time. She has s such a great look and is a talented dancer. She could have been game ready in time. Between Malena and Dayton, Malena should have gone home. Malena already had a proven track record of not being game ready. They could have kept Dayton longer.

Of the three mentioned, Dayton is the ONLY one who would have even the remotest chance of being game ready in time if given the chance.  Of course, they boot the girl who has the perfect body for the uniform, the perfect look for the brand, and the dance ability, but just needs a little extra time to settle into the style but keep the girl who has known memory problems that WILL compromise her fitness for the squad but is too pretty and personable to let go and the girl who has weight issues that have gotten other girls cut, style issues that have gotten other girls cut, and would be an ambassador risk because of her personality.  Victoria needs time out in the real world and away from both Dallas and her mom (and Kelli) to find out what it's REALLY like.  If she survives that huge shock to the system, she'll not only come back more humble, but likely a better, more polished version of herself that I could actually like.  I want to know the goofy, fun-loving, quirky Victoria, but I'm only being shown the bratty, spoiled, immature princess who has yet to hear the word "no" until she was cut (either because it was never said to her growing up or that she never chose to hear it).

• Love 9
13 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Not sure what Kaitlin Legrand is up to currently but a couple years ago I know someone found another mugshot and she was in trouble with drugs again, and shoplifting. She basically is a ghost on SM.  LIke a year ago (I think) I found her FB page...it was very private but her profile pic was beautiful.  She looked a lot more healthy and happy.  I'm hoping that's where she is now.  I always heard she was a very sweet girl and incredibly talented, just got mixed up with the wrong crowd thru a loser bf and it took its toll her second year.  

I wish the girls got more care, especially the young ones who are fresh out of high school, but tbf Kelli and Judy just aren't able to be counselors for everyone and keep tabs, etc.  I don't think that means they don't care about these girls and what they are going thru, it's just not the same as being in like college or something where you have mentors and RAs and counselors available to seek you out if they see you struggling.  I'm honestly not sure what the 'right' or feasible answer is, or if there is one.  

Also not sure I'm making sense LOL sorry. 

I don't want to say just because I've heard she's really turned it around and made an effort since all the issues.  I still feel bad that Gina is still hated by some because of things said last summer and then she never has been given a fair chance to redeem herself in the public eye.  I dont want to be the person to do that to this girl.  It is an adjustment for sure for some of these rockstars to come in and realize they need to be competitive but it's not just about them being The Best anymore and that they ahve to balance it by being a team player. 

TEAM GINA!!!!!  Love her!

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Dang!  I forgot about blond Taylor.  She can be added to the list of girls who could be cut without problem.  I bet that, when I have more time (this weekend), I could come up with a list of 8 girls no problem.  By this point, Kelli and Judy should already know at least 5 girls who should be cut already and an additional 3 who are on bubble and that's just among the rookies.  Kelli and Judy should also be looking at vets to see who's gotten complacent, is getting out-danced, etc. and THOSE girls can go on the list of potential cuts as well.  Heck, if it's bad enough, those vets could go on the "Could Be Cut Now" list.  I could name a few vets who could have (and should have) been cut during Training Camp or, better yet, at Finals and girls at auditions who should have made it to Training Camp but didn't.

Yup.  Kelli certainly seems ready to cut anyone and everyone she needs to to keep Victoria.

I'm glad to hear that Kelli was gaining some sense though I think it was too little too late.  It has been speculated in the past that she expected everyone else in the world to immediately love and adore the precious Victoria as much as she loved and adored the girl without realizing the backlash she would get when people saw the massive amounts of favoritism and nepotism aimed her way.  Kelli can say how fair the auditions process is and how she doesn't have the only voice in the room, but I seriously doubt ANYONE will believe it after this year, rumors or no.  

We already know for a fact that, despite everything Kelli says about losing weight in a healthy manner and the likes, she focuses on the wrong things when it comes to getting to, and maintaining, a healthy weight.  We've heard the stories and rumors about girls who do just about anything to get down to a weight that Kelli likes but is unhealthy and unsustainable for that particular girl.

There was no way that Victoria or anyone else around her DIDN'T notice the weight gain.  She probably told them she'd be able to take it off, but the scale was going the wrong way.  I wouldn't be surprised if she said the scale was lying or that someone was adding weight because she couldn't POSSIBLY weight that much.  That is, if she didn't notice the way her clothes were fitting.  Even 10-15 pounds is enough to affect the way some clothes fit and, in some cases, is the difference between 2, maybe 3 sizes depending on the brand.

Of the three mentioned, Dayton is the ONLY one who would have even the remotest chance of being game ready in time if given the chance.  Of course, they boot the girl who has the perfect body for the uniform, the perfect look for the brand, and the dance ability, but just needs a little extra time to settle into the style but keep the girl who has known memory problems that WILL compromise her fitness for the squad but is too pretty and personable to let go and the girl who has weight issues that have gotten other girls cut, style issues that have gotten other girls cut, and would be an ambassador risk because of her personality.  Victoria needs time out in the real world and away from both Dallas and her mom (and Kelli) to find out what it's REALLY like.  If she survives that huge shock to the system, she'll not only come back more humble, but likely a better, more polished version of herself that I could actually like.  I want to know the goofy, fun-loving, quirky Victoria, but I'm only being shown the bratty, spoiled, immature princess who has yet to hear the word "no" until she was cut (either because it was never said to her growing up or that she never chose to hear it).

I saw the writing on the wall when it came to auditions long before Victoria came down the DCC turnpike especially in Season 4 when the two sisters were brought to TC, and in Season 5 when Megan F. was brought back for a third time. It had Charlotte and CMT written all over it because you could tell Kelli and Judy did not want this girls in TC. I cannot wait to see how Kelli, Charlotte and CMT will handle if and when Victoria tries out again. Will they completely ignore she is trying out again, try their best not to show any favoritism and nepotism, cut her at finals if her weight does not get under control, or go into tough love mode with her.

6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

So they secretly followed her around and watched what she ordered?   Or were they with her pretending to be her friend and then reported back what she ordered to others later?   Sounds like two-faced mean girl behavior if you ask me.

So what if she had a milkshake after a 5 hour dance practice - weren’t all of them out getting pancakes at IHOP at 1:00am?

Probably -- they can see her dance in the studio and weight gain would be obvious or if they knew she had been counseled about her weight.

It might also be because if she was known as a "kiss up" they have been trying to get some payback.

I know it seems an awfully catty suggestion, but we are talking about a bunch of kids in a high-stress situation.

Just out of curosity, are you a friend of VK's?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, MTTFan said:

Probably -- they can see her dance in the studio and weight gain would be obvious or if they knew she had been counseled about her weight.

It might also be because if she was known as a "kiss up" they have been trying to get some payback.

I know it seems an awfully catty suggestion, but we are talking about a bunch of kids in a high-stress situation.

If I were a fellow TCC, and I was sick of the crap going on with VK, and I was aware she had been warned about weight, and I saw her get a milk shake.....yeah, I would probably be catty enough to say something to another TCC.  I mean, you're stressed, tired, trying to make the team, and here is this gal who's been promised a spot and she's already taking it for granted.  I can see it being good locker room gossip, sorry to say.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

If I were a fellow TCC, and I was sick of the crap going on with VK, and I was aware she had been warned about weight, and I saw her get a milk shake.....yeah, I would probably be catty enough to say something to another TCC.  I mean, you're stressed, tired, trying to make the team, and here is this gal who's been promised a spot and she's already taking it for granted.  I can see it being good locker room gossip, sorry to say.

agreed.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Especially when the same person was making TC miserable for others, getting away with certain things, and was willing to rat out others in order to make herself look good because she might have thought her lies and actions would catch up to her sooner or later.

39 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I cannot wait to see how Kelli, Charlotte and CMT will handle if and when Victoria tries out again. Will they completely ignore she is trying out again, try their best not to show any favoritism and nepotism, cut her at finals if her weight does not get under control, or go into tough love mode with her.

If she wasn’t a close friend of the DCC family there is no way she would even be considered for the squad again after pulling the crap she did this summer. In addition, if Victoria does show up, looks good, whatever, how the hell are they going to handle the judges deliberations on camera? The judges know what happened in training camp. Is everyone going to clam up? How is CMT going to film that? 

Kelli has an ongoing problem on her hands and she’s to blame. But what can she do? Tell her to forget it? She burned the bridge? Victoria introduced a personality/moral issue in addition to her other problems. Would Charlotte take over and shut it down because of what VK did? She might. In fact I hope she does. And it would get Kelli out of the painted corner she's put herself in.

If they take her again, god help the 2019 DCC, TCC, CMT crew and the viewing public. 

Lastly, then I’ll shut up. Whenever there is a problem child that season (Morgan, Taylor, Vivian - twice, Chelsea - kind of, and I’ll even throw Cassie into the mix - more drama than problem child), I always enjoy the show less because that is who CMT focuses on. It’s ruining the show, not adding to it. I know I’m forgetting some problem children but you get what I mean. I didn’t tune into this show for the drama. That is one reason I love Season 2 so much. Drama Free!!!!

• Love 18
1 minute ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

Where was VK when Dayton was cut? She cried uncontrollably in front of the cameras when her new bf was the first one cut, but she didn't even stay around when her life long friend was? Who does that? 

Meeting with Jinelle?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

Where was VK when Dayton was cut? She cried uncontrollably in front of the cameras when her new bf was the first one cut, but she didn't even stay around when her life long friend was? Who does that? 

a fair weather friend?  

j/k

sort of.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

You can see VK in the back of the elevator with Dayton ready to hug her when the doors closed and looking really upset.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder what Sam Fin thinks of the whole mess and what she knew and when.  Was she like, gee mom will you do that if I try out?  Or was she thinking, are you going to treat me like Dayton?  Or worse?

I don't think SF will ever tryout after witnessing the VK backlash.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Thanks Shelly are you able to pass on which dates she will be in Southampton? and when she leaves (Southampton eg dates and time the cruise would leave and the place it goes to?) I honestly would love to go on one of the cruises shes working at and watch her perform, and with her leaving port from UK it would be so nice to go see her. Or have those dates not been "given out yet" or are you not allowed to say?

Ps back on topic. What episode number are we on? 9 right? I usually watch the show from a free site (dont live in USA) and its 7.45pm UK time and I swear this weeks episode isnt Show group again? Or can someone correct me. I swear the episode I watched this week says 21 Sept and its episode 8 and has Travis and that lyrical piece that I could've sworn I saw last week. Even us iTunes says episode 8 shown on 21 Sept .. am I losing my marbles and need some sleep? :)

We just finished week 8...’Here comes Kitty.’ This episode was not about making show group. This episode includes the rookie girls performing at a senior living facility and making a trip to Billy Bob’s dance hall. Kitty, along with pro dancer Nick Flores, are also on this episode. 

Glad you are able to watch from the UK! 

• Love 1

It will be so interesting to see how this football season plays out and who will be left standing at the end.

Almost as interesting as it will be to see how the next MTT/auditions play out -- I firmly believe that not only ShellyB reads this Board and you just gotta wonder how CMT and the Cowboys will react to the negativity.  (Yes I know that this Board represents only a teeny tiny fraction of the public, but still. . . )

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Just out of curosity, are you a friend of VK's?

No.  I’m not a friend of VKs.  I just think she seems like a funny and outgoing girl who is enjoying life and being in TC with the DCC.   I don’t get an entitled or competitive vibe at all from her.

I understand how she can rub some people the wrong way cause she’s loud and doesn’t sit there being all “yes ‘maam” and submissive to K&J like the typical DCC (I agree she’s a lot like that Taylor from season 6 that Cassie yelled at, she wasn’t submissive and yes ‘mam either).  VK is like that type of bold and unforgettable person who you just can’t ignore when she walks into a room - and people either love or hate people like that.   She seems sweet and very friendly/good-hearted to me, so when I think about the entire squad ganging up to talk about her drinking milkshakes (gasp) behind her back or repeating things she might have said in confidence to someone she thought was a friend, I just think it’s mean.

I’ve also thought she was very pretty and a good dancer from the moment photos and videos of her dancing surfaced on here.   From all the comments before the show started I imagined she’d be this complete bitch who was full of herself and wouldn’t even talk to anyone that couldn’t help her get ahead - and she doesn’t seem like that at all.  IMO there have also been WAY worse dancers who have not only made DCC, but were thought of as “good dancers” on the squad. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4

Wow, Dayton's cut had me sobbing like a baby. Her comment about wanting to make the team on her own merits was the ultimate in class.

I don't know who is allegedly leaking inside info to people outside the organization who then post vicious, hate-filled and overtly misogynistic comments, but if I were in charge and I ever found out, I'd fire her midgame if I had to. Talk about unprofessional! I might even be inclined to call in each girl individually and ask them outright if they are guilty of this extremely toxic behavior.

• Love 4

I have lost respect also for Kelli and Kitty.  I understand Kelli and TK are friends.

That should not have caused the show to become the VK show. Even Cassie was never given

that much air time.

If they keep going this way there will be less and less candidates for tryouts every year.

Sounds like it’s time for some new leadership.

Edited by FLAfan
  • Love 11

That episode made it seem like if Kitty could have she would have put a uniform on Victoria right then and there. Why? So many girls have been ‘in the programme’ for ages, a lot of girls mention having been junior DCCs over the years, they don’t get special treatment for it. In a perfect world it wouldn’t matter whether you have been involved in the Programme for ages or not, but I know it’s not a perfect world. Still... Victoria gets extra time to loose weight because she has always been involved and Dayton gets no extra time to improve? That doesn’t seem right. How can Kitty say Victoria is ready when even Kelli says she is still out of control sometimes? I’ve never been a fan of Kitty’s, to me she always seemed to play favorites, but this year I don’t even know what to say anymore. 

I actually think it’s a little sad that pretty much every discussion this year is about the legacies. It’s probably great for rating, but overall it feels like most viewers on social media this year are just plain annoyed with everything. There’s usually more diversity when discussing the show on Facebook or something. 

I get Kelli being astonished about all the Victoria ‘hate’ somehow, she definetly wasn’t expecting it and I do wonder what next year is going to be like. If there isn’t a show anymore it will be more quiet, but the ‘hate’ is not going to go away and there isn’t much you can do about damage control. If Victoria comes back lean and mean, they won’t be able to find a good reason to keep her off the squad. And in the end, how many people at the games actually care about how or why one cheerleader made the team. I would guess most people at the games don’t really care who the cheerleaders are. 

It also kind of felt like Kitty came in wanting to cut a veteran, it didn’t really matter which one, but one had to be the sacrifial lamb. 

• Love 13
20 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I wish the girls got more care, especially the young ones who are fresh out of high school, but tbf Kelli and Judy just aren't able to be counselors for everyone and keep tabs, etc.  I don't think that means they don't care about these girls and what they are going thru, it's just not the same as being in like college or something where you have mentors and RAs and counselors available to seek you out if they see you struggling.  I'm honestly not sure what the 'right' or feasible answer is, or if there is one.  

Also not sure I'm making sense LOL sorry.

it makes sense :) and they do have mentors in a way...the group leaders are there for the girls in their group. the g.l's can go to kelli or judy for resources for someone that needs a little help with something. they arent toatally on their own. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

I think Kelli has displaced her emotions by venting them toward Dayton as Dayton didnt deserve the "just because your somebody's daughter" speech but VK did!  I didnt see expectations or entitlement with Dayton, but it is blatantly clear with VK. 

Agree 100% with the displaced emotions bit.   The sternness that should be delivered to Victoria is redirected to Dayton who did not really show entitlement.  She was late to makeovers and messed up dances yes but responded quite appropriately and contritely to criticism.  

I feel like Kelli was in a struggle because she adores Victoria and thought she would skate on by in TC (and clearly so did others like Kitty and Charlotte) and that's why Kelli seems jarred and conflicted for instance when Denise critiqued Victoria last week.    

So yeah it did seem unfairly harsh to lay the "somebody's daughter" thing on Dayton when she was cut.   Who was shown introducing herself at auditions this year by saying she was there to continue her moms DCC legacy?  Hint: not Dayton.   

• Love 16
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I agree. VK will gain experience and maturity getting away from all she has known. She also needs to attend college and/or get a job working for someone that doesn't know her or her mom. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Again, she was seen on two occasions stopping for a milkshake after practice.  It was quite the scandal among the girls.

I mean, this is crazy. This is why you have people who are accomplished and well rounded with actual options in life (think Alexandria) just walk out on the team. Because anyone who thinks this is normal has a warped sense of appropriateness. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Stalking people after practice in the middle of the night must be incredibly difficult for these girls to balance with the full time jobs or full time course loads they all supposedly carry lol

• Love 4
8 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I didn’t tune into this show for the drama. That is one reason I love Season 2 so much. Drama Free!!!!

Who will/won't be cut is enough built in drama for me, IMO they definitely don't need to add more.  I recently rewatched season 2, that really was a good season :)

• Love 6

My take is that IF a group of TCC, including VK, went out after practice to get a bite to eat & one of them orders a milkshake, no one would say anything to her at that time.  Even a best friend would be wary to say, “do you really want to order that”?  Afterwards,  I could see someone saying to a friend, “I can’t believe she ordered a milkshake...omg”, and discussing it. I don’t think anyone was sluething on VK.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Lolfordays said:

Stalking people after practice in the middle of the night must be incredibly difficult for these girls to balance with the full time jobs or full time course loads they all supposedly carry lol

I’ve only seen two with full time jobs so far. Kristin and Bridgette. I’m guessing the girls all know generally where people go after practice. It’s not a state secret that requires stalking.

41 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Who will/won't be cut is enough built in drama for me, IMO they definitely don't need to add more.  I recently rewatched season 2, that really was a good season :)

I know we keep saying this, but let us get to know the girls and see what happens. It doesn’t have to have some main storyline focusing on a girl  or two most people will end up disliking. I know it’s reality tv but as others have said, this is a real job, not an island like survivor or big brothers house.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Who does Kitty think she is? "Have some respect for VK" ... So BIZZARE.

So true, think about years past when Kitty would rip a girl to shreds for the slightest dancing flaw or weight gain.  Now all of a sudden "Have some respect"

8 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

This has been the most bizarre mindfuck of a season. I'm like, What am I watching? Is this enabling nitwit The Kelli F? Judy is a mute. And who are you Kitty?

My thoughts exactly about Judy, she is VERY quiet this season.

• Love 12
On 20/09/2018 at 5:21 PM, Jazzmom said:

You do not need the app..just go to their website if you have access to internet 

May I ask you a question ? Because, for my part, when I try to go to www.cmt.com, I'm redirected to their youtube channel page :/ (I'm living in Switzerland, but even with Hola, it's the same. Weird)

Just now, Diane Mars said:

May I ask you a question ? Because, for my part, when I try to go to www.cmt.com, I'm redirected to their youtube channel page :/ (I'm living in Switzerland, but even with Hola, it's the same. Weird)

if you are using a VPN, you have to be disconnected from that to go to the cmt.com page. I found that happens with me and works when I do that. good luck :-)

20 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

So they secretly followed her around and watched what she ordered?   Or were they with her pretending to be her friend and then reported back what she ordered to others later?   Sounds like two-faced mean girl behavior if you ask me.

So what if she had a milkshake after a 5 hour dance practice - weren’t all of them out getting pancakes at IHOP at 1:00am?

Based on what we've seen of VK's personality on the show, I don't think anyone would have to follow/stalk her to know what she's doing. She seems the type to broadcast pretty much everything (no filter). In other words, announcing loudly after practice that she's heading out for a milkshake (& maybe a burger & fries, too). And maybe even bragging that she CAN do it (if it's true she believed her spot on the team was guaranteed & did not really have to worry about softness/weight gain, etc.).

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 3