Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Do they use a big fan for the cameo photography?  If they do, then the sleeves are flattened out by the fan for the pictures.    They certainly need a fashion photographer to take the pictures, so the cameos are better, and for the calendar pictures too.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LynneH said:

I've been looking at the cameos and just have to ask...What is going on with the huge sleeves?

Compare Amy's sleeve (which I think looks good) compared to others.

image.png.838e25962ee53fa375210c93e3cc46e6.png
image.png.93c2b8b7a7f4163057ac427ba68d994a.png
image.png.3cb3d8e851b89b037fa522f786cdd736.png

Maybe it was just the way the fan was blowing 

2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Do they use a big fan for the cameo photography?  If they do, then the sleeves are flattened out by the fan for the pictures.    They certainly need a fashion photographer to take the pictures, so the cameos are better, and for the calendar pictures too.    

Yes 

10 minutes ago, J-R said:

Molly?

That’s jinelle and next to her is Christina 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Granted Lauren has big eyes, but I love that she doesn't have the added caterpillar lashes.  Some of the ladies keep theirs in check while others go too far (VK).  I get that the added length reads well from the nose bleeds, but with all their close-ups and photographs, I find they can look pretty cray-cray if too long.

I wonder how weird it is for them when they retire to go back to natural length lashes.

lauren brennan eyes.jpg

Lauren looks so pretty this year, I swear she looks slightly different than last year, maybe it’s different makeup.  I like that she doesn’t wear those heavy ridiculous fake lashes, VK seriously could barely keep her eyes open in most of the shots of her which really didn’t help with her looks. 

Are we still doing the top 3? If so, mine are Kashara, Lacey and Jalyn 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe it was just the way the fan was blowing 

Yes 

That’s jinelle and next to her is Christina 

Look for the red arrow on the picture.  Pointing to the low kick person.  I am guessing it is Molly

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, J-R said:

Look for the red arrow on the picture.  Pointing to the low kick person.  I am guessing it is Molly

Correct!

Here's @Tootie's kick line diagram if it helps.

DCC Kickline copy.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2
Just now, go4luca said:

Correct!

Here's Tootie's kick line diagram if it helps.

DCC Kickline copy.jpg

Awesome diagram!  I guessed right?  Low kicker is Molly?  Does Tootie have a Boot Buddy diagram?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, J-R said:

Awesome diagram!  I guessed right?  Low kicker is Molly?  Does Tootie have a Boot Buddy diagram?

I don't know if you guessed right, LOL.  I meant that you were correct noting to look for where I placed the red arrow in the photo!

@Tootie:  Do you by chance have a boot buddy diagram or list?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, J-R said:

Wow she does have super low kicks I wonder if she got called out for it 

• Love 1

ETA @CPA1967's votes and my original post went poof.

Oh well.  This one includes @sleepyjean the author of this vote, herself.  Attachments are clickable for larger versions.

Looks like Lauren is in the lead and heading towards the club house turn.

Contrary to popular belief, I do have a life and a 103lb Labrador to feed dinner so exiting stage left.

p.s.:  If you included more than the allotted 3 picks, you're not on here.  Those that couldn't decide on their 3rd pick, I included your first two only.

5bd3c06f4b3bf_FavsVotesV3.thumb.jpg.9b5b6571680f2b44c1755d2a1dfb57e6.jpg5bd3c07e74ac2_FavsGridV5.thumb.jpg.a5435a96714c3001ff7c04a9e5bb5c63.jpg

Edited by go4luca
the board ate my original post
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

HAHAHAHAAAA!!! 

By the way CMT, I do work in film production so you could hire me as needed. ;o)

No!  You are so much better than CMT.  MY 3 picks would be  Bridget, Lexie, and Kash

Edited by CPA1967
  • Love 2

Lauren looks so pretty this year

She is one of my favorites and I was just going to say she looks "leathery". Too much tanning or something.  I guess none of them can really do the "fresh face" look.  Not a fan of  Cienna's hair style  - I would like to see her with a blow out. I want to say that she is hapa and straighter hair makes her features stand out a little more.

Edited by chabelisaywow
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, CPA1967 said:

No!  You are so much better than CMT.  MY 3 picks would be  Bridget, Lexie, and Kash

Ack.  Just missed your post.  Will add and re-do.  Then off to feed the starving Labrador hound.  Contrary to popular belief, I do actually have a life, lol. ;o)

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Can anyone tell who the über low kicker is in this photo?  Click for larger version.

I wonder how much is low kick & how much is timing? The ones closest to us are at their nose & then get lower as they go down the line (although she's still lower than those next to her). So, was it really an extremely low kick, bad timing, or both?

• Love 7
Just now, go4luca said:

Ack.  Just missed your post.  Will add and re-do.  Then off to feed the starving Labrador hound.  Contrary to popular belief, I do actually have a life, lol. ;o)

Thank you so much. As usual, I am late to the party. I just fed my nursery full of Calfs. It’s baby season on the farm, and for some reason we have mommas rejecting their little ones. The nursery now has 4 little bottle fed calf’s. Our cows need momma classes. :)

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kayce said:

Sigh....KaShara is not playing up her country origin or her accent.  I have family from the same county she is from and my daughter had friends who were on the dance team at EKU with her...this is just how she is and always has been.   So unless you're from Estill county, you don't or won't get it.  She was raised in the country...where we girls learn to ride horses (without saddles at times), change oil, tires, brakes, shoot guns/bows and I bet she can field dress a deer that she shot herself as well.  We don't "play" it up to be cute, it's just how we are. 

Agree...it’s natural and not played up.  I live in the next town over from Kash and have had comments made on my accent all my life. Leave a voice mail to a colleague in a north state..ahem...Michigan...and they play it on speaker over and over saying LISTEN TO THIS ACCENT!!  People either love or they don’t...but it’s ours, it’s unique and we are proud of our heritage.

1 hour ago, CPA1967 said:

My 3 picks are Kash, Lacey and Lauren

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pisces125 said:

Those sleeve pics made me lol.  It looks ridiculous!

Why don't more people like Savannah?  She is probably my fave.  Is it really because she was having a little trouble at the end of last year's TC?

For me, she does not have any pop when she dances. She was being outdanced by several rookies.  Her personality is fine but doesn't grab me. She is a blender. 

• Love 4

My thoughts on wrapping up this season...

I liked Malena a lot at first but as the season went on not so much. Her behavior while being cut sealed the deal for me.  

Hate, hate, hate  saying goodbye to Kashara and Lacey!! Unpopular opinion but Lacey’s rookie class was so talented and was probably my favorite (minus Breelan and Ashley Pro).  Really sad to see her go.  

I really want to see Kelli Q in the triangle next year!!! She’s adorable!

I’m happy for Brennan and she seems lovely, mature and has worked very hard but I just cant with her facials.  

Thats all, back to lurkdom :) 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I wonder how much is low kick & how much is timing? The ones closest to us are at their nose & then get lower as they go down the line (although she's still lower than those next to her). So, was it really an extremely low kick, bad timing, or both?

Yeah, really. One pic with no explanation for one low kick. Hunt her down. 

• Love 2

The alleged low kick 100% is a timing issue.  I was the designated photographer/videographer* for my daughter's high school varsity dance team for four years. That's over 120 performances. I have weeded through literally tens of thousands of dance photos. I know what it's like to catch a girl at the just the right moment, and what it's like to miss the perfect team leap so it looks like everyone forgot how to dance.  Snapshots can be useful for finding uniformity issues, such as the timing of kicks, that are not all that apparent live or on video. Here, we can see some some serious phasing going on farther down the line that need to be addressed.

*Sometimes at the same time. Hey, I have two hands and a tripod!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

ETA @CPA1967's votes and my original post went poof.

Oh well.  This one includes @sleepyjean the author of this vote, herself.  Attachments are clickable for larger versions.

Looks like Lauren is in the lead and heading towards the club house turn.

Contrary to popular belief, I do have a life and a 103lb Labrador to feed dinner so exiting stage left.

p.s.:  If you included more than the allotted 3 picks, you're not on here.  Those that couldn't decide on their 3rd pick, I included you first two only.

5bd3c06f4b3bf_FavsVotesV3.thumb.jpg.9b5b6571680f2b44c1755d2a1dfb57e6.jpg5bd3c07e74ac2_FavsGridV5.thumb.jpg.a5435a96714c3001ff7c04a9e5bb5c63.jpg

I have 2 Labradors, Black, 63 lbs and 66 lbs. Dinner being served on time is a must.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, J-R said:

She probably doesn't have "low kicks"....  She was probably just a millisecond behind on timing in this photo....  

And yes, I have a boot buddy listing,  but it's incomplete.

3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Wow she does have super low kicks I wonder if she got called out for it 

Probably just a millisecond behind in timing in this photo...

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Yeah, really. One pic with no explanation for one low kick. Hunt her down. 

Nah, I'm not out to hang someone.  Was just curious since normally their kicks seem on par with one another.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Nah, I'm not out to hang someone.  Was just curious since normally their kicks seem on par with one another.

I was just having fun playing "guess who".  

• Love 1
On 10/25/2018 at 1:03 AM, DKay said:

I had posted at the start of TC that I hoped Briana would make it (yippee, so proud!) but she needed to dance with more power, performance & personality than she did in her years with the Titans where noticeably she rarely smiled & lacked power (we don't have a great squad here in Nashville anyway).  So glad Shelly said Briana is one of her faves. Briana obviously is humble & sweet. I think she just has a low key, laid back personality by nature, as most times she was sitting in the back in scenes in the studio. I will be at AT&T for the Nov 5 MNF game with the Titans, have great seats, & am looking forward to see how the squad pops, especially Briana!  So excited!  

Last night, I did a little research and discovered that Briana cheered for the Titans from 2014-17. At first, I thought she started in 2013 because that's the year I went to two home games.

Other than that, I discovered that two of her former team mates are now part of the new reality show that'll be airing on CMT. It's called Racing Wives.

Their names are Whitney Ward-Dillion and Mariel Lane. Both cheered as TTC from 2012-2016 and became Monster Models afterwards.  As you all know from the preview, Whitney retired as an MM after she married Racer Austin Dillon.

2014-ttc-briana.jpg

titans-mariel.jpg

titans-whitney.jpg

• Love 4
2 hours ago, J-R said:

I have 2 Labradors, Black, 63 lbs and 66 lbs. Dinner being served on time is a must.

Ha! I watched a recent video by the Gentle Barn (farm animal sanctuary near Los Angeles) and it was feeding time for the pigs. Man. Okay! We get it. You’re hungry. We’re hurrying! SHUT UP! When the food was placed in front of the little darlings, all was well again. Jeez. So much pressure!

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Ha! I watched a recent video by the Gentle Barn (farm animal sanctuary near Los Angeles) and it was feeding time for the pigs. Man. Okay! We get it. You’re hungry. We’re hurrying! SHUT UP! When the food was placed in front of the little darlings, all was well again. Jeez. So much pressure!

The Gentle Barn is about 45 minutes North of me.  I’ve always wanted to go & hope to make it up there some day.

Just now, go4luca said:

The Gentle Barn is about 45 minutes North of me.  I’ve always wanted to go & hope to make it up there some day.

Watch the video. It’s hilarious. I didn’t realize all that noise was from the pigs. 

And yeah, I want to go as well. I guess Sundays are the day visitors are allowed. I love how they show how to hug the turkeys and where they love a good scratch. And there’s a goat who welcomes everyone.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:59 PM, sleepyjean said:

If you had to choose three members of the team who are the "total package," right now, exactly as they are today, who would you name? 

By total pkg I mean body is on point, not too thin, not too soft. Beautiful face and makeup. Beautiful hair. Well groomed at all times. Clean, powerful, charismatic dancer with great kicks. Speaks well and comes across as warm, friendly, professional, approachable, well rounded and intelligent. Appears to be an excellent, supportive, hard working teammate. Has more on social media than "look how beautiful my friends and I are." Shows up on time and follows the rules.

Tell me who ticks all the boxes for you? You can only pick three.

I’m late buut I’d say Heather, Kash and Bridget.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:12 AM, Holly85 said:

So brutal I’m glad lily said she would come back 

I hope she doesn’t to be honest. If they had invested less time to VK, they could have talked to her about her lack of power. She wasn’t cut earlier so it wasn’t as severe as let’s say Savanah’s issues last year. She could have improved. And actually, had VK managed her weight, Lily would again be cut to make room for her (without explanation)along with someone else. She can do better.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:32 AM, EricaShadows said:

I would REALLY like to see Brennan stay several years, but it will depend on her choices.  However, if she proves herself this year and chooses to come back, I think she'll make it.   Of the other rookie candidates, I think Rachel is the only one I could see as a one-and-done  Erin and Madeline are toss-ups because they both worked their butts off to come from being the first 2 cut last year to making the squad this year.  Of the veterans, Christina is the only one I could see being on the chopping block next year if she chooses to come back, especially if there's another talented group coming in and Brennan not only chooses to come back but performs strongly at auditions.

I also think Savanah will get cut next season if she re-auditions.

18 hours ago, tcfse said:

My prediction for next point is Gina. Not because she’s one of my favorites but because she seems to be one that they point out as one of the best dancers. They seem to like her look also. To me (and disclaimer, I’m not a dancer so just a laymen’s opinion) I think Maddie is the best dancer. 

I think she was being primed because she was the only veteran who had power and good technique. Her facials are terrible and there’s nothing she can do about it, so I can see another Holly H. situation. And I think Bridget ot Jalyn will end up in the triangle. Although if they get a lot quickly, neither will last long on the team.

16 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

A thread will be created for the current squad.

I liked her Jets photo better. For me it's the hair color and the center part. And the style. And the pose. I think they realized their mistake with the hair color at least, because her hair is darker now. I hope she's not going to be another Holly/Claire, whose hair started out cartoonish red every summer and then fluctuated throughout the season.

5bd31d4bf3dfb_2018DCC_JalynStough(yr1).jpg.97fe22b5434c8eb1c6999c38684649bc.jpg5bd31d5f2ecd7_2017Jets_JalynStough.jpg.5c203ca8adf72c4f62e85db6c0a0fe80.jpg

She looks like a different person...

• Love 4
16 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think Gina may be reading the comments about how people don't like her because she doesn't smile lol her insta story was an outtake from the squad photo where she actually was smiling 

Smile or not that girl has a face for radio. 

• Love 12

I feel sorry for Maddie, given her current position in the triangle she’d probably think she has a good shot at point next year (given that Lacey and Kashara are retiring).

But there’s no way K & J would do that. I bet there was some concern this year with putting her where they did given her less than sexy shape and her cute, but not beautiful, face. 

I think when she realizes she doesn’t get point, she’ll know it’s because of her looks. That’ll hurt. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, kalibean said:

Picking three is really tough! 

I’m going to give Tess some love, Lauren and Tasha. 

But I really like Heather, Kashara and Lacey as DCC too. Plus Gina has grown on me like a weed. 

I know.  I had a hard time picking only three.  I left out Gina, Ashlee (she is an ambassador star), Briana, Kelly, Heather and I’m sure I’ve forgotten some more.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m late buut I’d say Heather, Kash and Bridget.

I hope she doesn’t to be honest. If they had invested less time to VK, they could have talked to her about her lack of power. She wasn’t cut earlier so it wasn’t as severe as let’s say Savanah’s issues last year. She could have improved. And actually, had VK managed her weight, Lily would again be cut to make room for her (without explanation)along with someone else. She can do better.

I also think Savanah will get cut next season if she re-auditions.

I think she was being primed because she was the only veteran who had power and good technique. Her facials are terrible and there’s nothing she can do about it, so I can see another Holly H. situation. And I think Bridget ot Jalyn will end up in the triangle. Although if they get a lot quickly, neither will last long on the team.

She looks like a different person...

She could have been told off camera without going into the office she had things she needed to work on. Kelli takes notes, and the girls get emails stating what they like and/or what they to work on. Just because a girl does not get called into the office does not mean she will not get cut.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:11 PM, go4luca said:

For those who haven't seen it yet on SM.

_2018_19 squad.jpg

• Surprised that Lacey and Kashara are not where Gina and Heather are placed - that would be the most obvious place for them. 
  • Extra surprised that Tess and Alexis are placed in the front as well - I'd have put Tasha and/or Savannah in one of their places!
  • Also surprised Heather is so up-in-front, after what JohnGalt said about her not being in Kelli's good books.  Too bad, she's my favorite!
  • The worst row to be standing is second from the top: Amber, Madeline, Caroline, Gabby.  You can barely see their heads!
  • Overall, not one of my favorite layouts - I liked last year's much better!
  • Love 2