Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Really Late to this party:  Lacey, Lexie and Jinelle (even if it was only for one pregame :) )

I know that Gina and Brennan can dance but their facials are off-putting for me -- 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She could have been told off camera without going into the office she had things she needed to work on. Kelli takes notes, and the girls get emails stating what they like and/or what they to work on. Just because a girl does not get called into the office does not mean she will not get cut.

I know that. I just meant that VK got so much attention and a lot of resources to deal with her issues, but they didn’t do the same for girls with less issues.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I know that. I just meant that VK got so much attention and a lot of resources to deal with her issues, but they didn’t do the same for girls with less issues.

VK got so much attention it reminded me of the dreaded Season 8 aka the Morgan Saga. I hope CMT, Kelli and Charlotte had learn their lesson in Season 8 about focusing on one girl too much, but when Season 9 came around and it became Melissa the Mentor pushing for Breelan to make the team, I lost all hope. I hate to think what will happen if Victoria tries out again next year.

@CowboysFanatic

Other than that, I discovered that two of her former team mates are now part of the new reality show that'll be airing on CMT. It's called Racing Wives.

Their names are Whitney Ward-Dillion and Mariel Lane. Both cheered as TTC from 2012-2016 and became Monster Models afterwards.  As you all know from the preview, Whitney retired as an MM after she married Racer Austin Dillon.

@CowboysFanatic , I live in Charlotte NC and have met some of these ladies.  Not friendly, not approachable and weirdly suspicious of anyone remotely good looking near them. Briana seems thankful, completely different and a sincere person. I spent time on the Earnheart ranch and the husbands are a complete night and day to the wives and "extras" hanging around.  Dale loved buzzing around his ranch with beers and ATVs, the MRS and crew have completely different lives. Thank goodness Briana has found a sisterhood who are loyal to eachother.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, go4luca said:

I don't know if you guessed right, LOL.  I meant that you were correct noting to look for where I placed the red arrow in the photo!

@Tootie:  Do you by chance have a boot buddy diagram or list?

Counting down from Christina, it would be Molly. 

I felt cheated this season. The finale was anticlimatic and the bulk of the season was marred by the omnipresence of VK. I felt disconnected to some of the rookie candidates due to overall lack of exposure from CMT. From what I saw, they all had outstanding qualities. I would have loved to see a show group routine and squad photo day. Ashlee is going to go the route of Nicole Hamilton, I echo my fellow posters. She's sensational. Jalyn won me over when she said "you don't need two eyes to dance."  As a fellow Veterinary Nurse, I absolutely love Bridget. Let's hope that next season is more gratifying. Kudos to the new team. I will always marvel the DCC!

• Love 12

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Molly or Amber (that I have seen) in their three picks, they are both amazing! :) I'll also show Miranda, Alanna, Madeline M, Rachel, Taylor and Savannah some love as I haven't seen them mentioned as much but honestly I have such a hard time narrowing it down to three lol (as you can see lol), they are all so amazing in their own ways! :) For instance Kelli is such a superstar! :) I love the positivity of this question of top three on the squad though as posters mention their favourites!! 

Curious, who would be everyone's top three Former DCC? :) I have way too many (again) to even attempt to answer lol! Feel free to answer in the Former DCC thread as I know it's off topic here! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Molly or Amber (that I have seen) in their three picks, they are both amazing! :) I'll also show Miranda, Alanna, Madeline M, Rachel, Taylor and Savannah some love as I haven't seen them mentioned as much but honestly I have such a hard time narrowing it down to three lol (as you can see lol), they are all so amazing in their own ways! :) For instance Kelli is such a superstar! :) I love the positivity of this question of top three on the squad though as posters mention their favourites!! 

Curious, who would be everyone's top three Former DCC? :) I have way too many (again) to even attempt to answer lol! Feel free to answer in the Former DCC thread as I know it's off topic here! 

Molly is one of my favorites! Beautiful, funny, and approachable. 

I have so many favs that it was hard to narrow down to 3!

• Love 3
On 10/26/2018 at 10:02 AM, sleepyjean said:

A thread will be created for the current squad.

I liked her Jets photo better. For me it's the hair color and the center part. And the style. And the pose. I think they realized their mistake with the hair color at least, because her hair is darker now. I hope she's not going to be another Holly/Claire, whose hair started out cartoonish red every summer and then fluctuated throughout the season.

5bd31d4bf3dfb_2018DCC_JalynStough(yr1).jpg.97fe22b5434c8eb1c6999c38684649bc.jpg5bd31d5f2ecd7_2017Jets_JalynStough.jpg.5c203ca8adf72c4f62e85db6c0a0fe80.jpg

Does jalyn’s eye look swollen in here too? (First pic)

10 hours ago, heckkitty said:

She really does. That expression is so much better than her smile. [Gina]

She is the only one not smiling, I think if they all did that, it would look like a mass smug photo. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 3
On 10/26/2018 at 7:02 AM, sleepyjean said:

I liked her Jets photo better. For me it's the hair color and the center part. And the style. And the pose. I think they realized their mistake with the hair color at least, because her hair is darker now.

5bd31d4bf3dfb_2018DCC_JalynStough(yr1).jpg.97fe22b5434c8eb1c6999c38684649bc.jpg5bd31d5f2ecd7_2017Jets_JalynStough.jpg.5c203ca8adf72c4f62e85db6c0a0fe80.jpg

I agree.  Until I saw the comparison, I didn't realize just how high Jalyn's forehead is.  I think the bangs help.  Love how her eyes pop with the Jet's color of hair.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Tootie said:

I love this picture of Hannah!!

Hannah.jpg

They need to do something with her eyes. I don't know if it's just this picture because she is outside or if she has squinty eyes in general when she smiles with an open mouth (as my family and I do), but my eyes go directly to the 2 black lines that are her eyes & distracts me from the rest of the picture. So, less mascara & eyeliner maybe? (Not a big makeup user myself, so I don't know what "opens" the eyes up -- my niece just cakes on the eye makeup & doesn't smile with an open mouth in pictures ?). Otherwise, it is a beautiful picture of her.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 1

Here’s my CMT wish list for next season:

1. Show a “pony tail” night when K&J are not present and the practice is held by group leaders or other staff

2. Vet makeovers 

3. Uniform and costume production, possibly with Lisa the seamstress

4. Follow a few girls who were cut as they prepare for 2019 auditions...real prep classes (not the class Kitty holds for finalists to polish their solos) and anything else they are doing to get ready to make a comeback

Any other ideas?

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, J-R said:

This is why I picked Hannah as one of my 3 and this should be her cameo photo!

I'm a big fan of Hannah as well, and I'm completely miffed about how her photos came out. She's so much prettier in real life.

12 hours ago, DFWBelle said:

I can't stop looking at Gina. She steals the whole shot...

11 hours ago, heckkitty said:

She really does. That expression is so much better than her smile. 

I think sometimes Kelli decides what a girl's "best face" is, and tells her to do that face in photos. It's usually the girls who have imperfect smiles. The one who immediately comes to mind is Lynlee Allen (below). She was a very popular cheerleader and considered by many to be quite beautiful, but she showed a lot of gum in her smile.

I don't think Gina has a bad face, but I'm pretty sure they've decided that "sultry face" is her best look. She'll be doing that face in her cameo and swimsuit photos until she retires.

pblynlee.thumb.jpg.d1c564565dc1877dc2fda7d8695ea63e.jpg5bd4a0ae9a336_2003Cowboys_LynleeAllen.jpg.30b1ced2422bfc713d0141c34add62a5.jpg5bd4a3be2390e_2006Cowboys_LynleeAllen.jpg.3cbe770e58500934eddfb38edccc9e05.jpg

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Kayce said:

Neither do I...nor the fact that the arm sleeves of Cianna and Jalyn blend making it look like Cianna has a super long arm.  This is the most awkwardly staged group photo they've had IMO.

You know what, I am blind in one eye which makes for some funny moments. One happened today looking at the team shot when I thought Jesika was wearing some really weird blue fabric chaps on her legs. Her legs melted into the sleeves of the girls in front of her. I laughed so hard and realized it was my eyes that were warped instead. HA! Geeze, where is that eye doctor Jayln used. I am a mess. 

Edited by IzzyEnd
low budget eyes spelling mistake corrected..sorta
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, edelweiss said:

My top three are Lauren, Lacey, and Maddie. 

My 3rd choice would have been Tara if she hadn’t been cut. Grrr... still so mad about that. 

Me too! Kashara, Heather, Tara (?‍♀️) 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

You know what, I am blind in one eye which makes for some funny moments. One happened today looking at the team shot when I thought Jesika was wearing some really weird blue fabric chaps on her legs. Her legs melted into the sleeves of the girls in front of her. I laughed so hard and realized it was my eyes that were warped instead. HA! Geeze, where is that eye doctor Jayln used. I am a mess. 

Haha I see that with Jessika there.

1 hour ago, MamaV said:

1. Show a “pony tail” night when K&J are not present and the practice is held by group leaders or other staff

2. Vet makeovers 

4. Follow a few girls who were cut as they prepare for 2019 auditions...real prep classes (not the class Kitty holds for finalists to polish their solos) and anything else they are doing to get ready to make a comeback

Any other ideas?

Great ideas! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MamaV said:

2. Vet makeovers 

Any other ideas?

Definitley not 4.!!! 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Can't you just see CMT choosing VK for this -- Tk may get her show yet.  :(

Definitely didn’t have VK in mind for this! Lol. Was thinking about the worthy TCC who were cut! ?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MamaV said:

Definitely didn’t have VK in mind for this! Lol. Was thinking about the worthy TCC who were cut! ?

I think this idea would have been good a couple of years ago -- they could have followed Christina, Brennan or Briana -- 

This year maybe Lily?  Or maybe Tara following a vet who gets her mojo back?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

@CowboysFanatic , I live in Charlotte NC and have met some of these ladies.  Not friendly, not approachable and weirdly suspicious of anyone remotely good looking near them. Briana seems thankful, completely different and a sincere person. I spent time on the Earnheart ranch and the husbands are a complete night and day to the wives and "extras" hanging around.  Dale loved buzzing around his ranch with beers and ATVs, the MRS and crew have completely different lives. Thank goodness Briana has found a sisterhood who are loyal to eachother.

Well, I only know of Mariel through following a close friend of hers' on social media. I didn't think to start following her until after she retired as a cheerleader, but she doesn't seem like the kind of person that you described. I'd ask Briana what it was like to have her and Whitney as team mates and friends, but I think I'd come across as nosy.

18 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I think this idea would have been good a couple of years ago -- they could have followed Christina, Brennan or Briana -- 

As much as I’d love to watch that, because i like both of them a lot, they would be using them for $ again...bad enough to have an unfair cut once. And I do think both cuts were unwarranted. I would never do it unless I DID have a guaranteed spot behind the scenes, and even then maybe not, because you already know what goes on, and eh, it’s not that great. 

23 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Jasmine is back in prep classes as is Lily. I'd also pick a girl or two who made finals but not TCC. And then maybe Tara, if she plans to come back. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

Jasmine is back in prep classes as is Lily. I'd also pick a girl or two who made finals but not TCC. And then maybe Tara, if she plans to come back. 

Tara’s Instagram shows her with Jasmine. Don’t know how to link. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MamaV said:

2. Vet makeovers 

Any other ideas?

Yes.

5.  No Victoria.

6.  No Tina.

7.  No Melissa.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

Tara’s Instagram shows her with Jasmine. Don’t know how to link. 

Tara & Jasmine

I see this, but not sure that is an indication that she's coming back. 

3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes.

5.  No Victoria.

6.  No Tina.

7.  No Melissa.

I see your 5-6-7 and raise you an 8...

8. No Kelli Finglass

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MamaV said:

2. Vet makeovers 

Any other ideas?

I’d love to see more outside of DCC stuff, like what do the girls do for work and life outside of the dance studio. 

It would be nice to have an introduction to all of the TCCs because they always seem to focus on a select couple (here’s looking at you, VK). 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Tara & Jasmine

I see this, but not sure that is an indication that she's coming back. 

I see your 5-6-7 and raise you an 8...

8. No Kelli Finglass

Who would we nominate to take over as DCC Director?  

I would vote Judy if only because she would put dance over everything else (not that everything else isn't important, but I think she is more attuned with the "world class" ideal.)

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Stee said:
  • Surprised that Lacey and Kashara are not where Gina and Heather are placed - that would be the most obvious place for them. 
  • Extra surprised that Tess and Alexis are placed in the front as well - I'd have put Tasha and/or Savannah in one of their places!
  • Also surprised Heather is so up-in-front, after what JohnGalt said about her not being in Kelli's good books.  Too bad, she's my favorite!
  • The worst row to be standing is second from the top: Amber, Madeline, Caroline, Gabby.  You can barely see their heads!
  • Overall, not one of my favorite layouts - I liked last year's much better!

That's funny because so many people dogged the layout from last year!!  Kinda like what's happening this year...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Who would we nominate to take over as DCC Director?  

I would vote Judy if only because she would put dance over everything else (not that everything else isn't important, but I think she is more attuned with the "world class" ideal.)

I'd hire from the outside. I feel like they need a fresh set of eyes in there. I think Judy will last in her role for a few more years and then eventually get replaced by Shelly or someone at her level in structure. I could see Jenn K or even Jinelle one day getting there, but the DCC is big money and they need someone with a solid business background to keep that ball rolling. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

VK got so much attention it reminded me of the dreaded Season 8 aka the Morgan Saga. I hope CMT, Kelli and Charlotte had learn their lesson in Season 8 about focusing on one girl too much, but when Season 9 came around and it became Melissa the Mentor pushing for Breelan to make the team, I lost all hope. I hate to think what will happen if Victoria tries out again next year.

The only good benefit of VK getting her own show next season would be that I don't have to watch it, and I could watch everyone else on MTT. :-)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'd hire from the outside. I feel like they need a fresh set of eyes in there. I think Judy will last in her role for a few more years and then eventually get replaced by Shelly or someone at her level in structure. I could see Jenn K or even Jinelle one day getting there, but the DCC is big money and they need someone with a solid business background to keep that ball rolling. 

Good point -- I could see them hiring away the director from the Flight Crew -- she has a DCC background and is far enough removed that she would be a "new set of eyes."

I would go with Jinelle over Jenn K.  Something about Jenn just rubs me wrong. I can't tell you what it is but there you have it.

• Love 5

If VK had been cut earlier, she could have pulled a Dayton. I doubt RC would be banging on her door, but she could have at least tried out for the Mavs or the Ice Angels. Gotten some real pro team experience, or experience their audition style. 

Just now, MTTFan said:

Good point -- I could see them hiring away the director from the Flight Crew -- she has a DCC background and is far enough removed that she would be a "new set of eyes."

I would go with Jinelle over Jenn K.  Something about Jenn just rubs me wrong. I can't tell you what it is but there you have it.

Jinelle as a Kelli replacement, Jenn K has a Judy replacement. But years and years and years down the road for either. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Me, too!  There are eleven girls from semis, finals and TC that I really hope come back!!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Amen, Amen, and Amen.

Add Kitty becomes mute, so Jinelle replaces her as technical coach, and you've got a deal.

I would back Jinelle opening up her own studio -- we could call it "the Oz factory"

(think about it peeps :) )

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Does jalyn’s eye look swollen in here too? (First pic)

She is the only one not smiling, I think if they all did that, it would look like a mass smug photo. 

I'm not sure how much time has passed since the Jets photo, but she's obviously lost a significant (for her) amount of weight.  One of the "cons" of being under weight is it makes you look older (IMO). The face makeup in the Jets phot is the same shade as the rest of her body.  However, in the DCC photo her forehead is shiny and her face make up is extremely pale compared to her belly and darker legs.

6 hours ago, Stee said:
  • Surprised that Lacey and Kashara are not where Gina and Heather are placed - that would be the most obvious place for them. 
  • Extra surprised that Tess and Alexis are placed in the front as well - I'd have put Tasha and/or Savannah in one of their places!
  • Also surprised Heather is so up-in-front, after what JohnGalt said about her not being in Kelli's good books.  Too bad, she's my favorite!
  • The worst row to be standing is second from the top: Amber, Madeline, Caroline, Gabby.  You can barely see their heads!
  • Overall, not one of my favorite layouts - I liked last year's much better!

I'm not a fan of this group photo because there is too much space between the first three rows, then you have the back three rows so close together.  The majority of team have the exact same hairstyle and length and color "tone" so they all kind of just "blend" together.  No one stands out. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, go4luca said:

ETA @CPA1967's votes and my original post went poof.

Oh well.  This one includes @sleepyjean the author of this vote, herself.  Attachments are clickable for larger versions.

Looks like Lauren is in the lead and heading towards the club house turn.

Contrary to popular belief, I do have a life and a 103lb Labrador to feed dinner so exiting stage left.

p.s.:  If you included more than the allotted 3 picks, you're not on here.  Those that couldn't decide on their 3rd pick, I included your first two only.

5bd3c06f4b3bf_FavsVotesV3.thumb.jpg.9b5b6571680f2b44c1755d2a1dfb57e6.jpg5bd3c07e74ac2_FavsGridV5.thumb.jpg.a5435a96714c3001ff7c04a9e5bb5c63.jpg

My top three: Heather, Yuko, Savannah

16 minutes ago, Safefortheplanet said:

ETA @CPA1967's votes and my original post went poof.

Oh well.  This one includes @sleepyjean the author of this vote, herself.  Attachments are clickable for larger versions.

Looks like Lauren is in the lead and heading towards the club house turn.

Contrary to popular belief, I do have a life and a 103lb Labrador to feed dinner so exiting stage left.

p.s.:  If you included more than the allotted 3 picks, you're not on here.  Those that couldn't decide on their 3rd pick, I included your first two only.

5bd3c06f4b3bf_FavsVotesV3.thumb.jpg.9b5b6571680f2b44c1755d2a1dfb57e6.jpg5bd3c07e74ac2_FavsGridV5.thumb.jpg.a5435a96714c3001ff7c04a9e5bb5c63.jpg

My top 3 would be Heather Bridget & Gina

On 10/25/2018 at 7:10 PM, DCCFan12 said:

This is such a hard question considering there are so many beautiful (inside and out) girls on this team! However, my favs are:

Overall: Bridget, Lauren, Gina

Rookie Edition: Bridget, Cianna, Daphne 

My rookie edition: Bridget, Cianna, Taylor

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I can't see them hiring anyone away from another NFL team, since they don't see any of those teams as on their same level.

38 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I'm not sure how much time has passed since the Jets photo, but she's obviously lost a significant (for her) amount of weight. 

Photo was shot spring/summer 2017.

40 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I'm not sure how much time has passed since the Jets photo, but she's obviously lost a significant (for her) amount of weight.  One of the "cons" of being under weight is it makes you look older (IMO). The face makeup in the Jets phot is the same shade as the rest of her body.  However, in the DCC photo her forehead is shiny and her face make up is extremely pale compared to her belly and darker legs.

For me, it’s that stupid center part. Side parts are way prettier. Jalyn, please change your part. It will look SO MUCH BETTER.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Well, I only know of Mariel through following a close friend of hers' on social media. I didn't think to start following her until after she retired as a cheerleader, but she doesn't seem like the kind of person that you described. I'd ask Briana what it was like to have her and Whitney as team mates and friends, but I think I'd come across as nosy.

I was referring to the race life circles. It changes them. Honestly, if you saw what they face as far as the environment you'd get it. Each on their own act completely different than when in a group. They have good reason to be guarded. I am not a personal friend, my contact was professional only. I am just glad Briana is with a group that knows how to weather the storms together. I no longer handle projects for that race group. 

You know that has me wondering. Have any of the DCC gone on to marry players? I imagine the answers belong in Former DCC, Since I am still new, can someone let me know where to find that? Curious...

I have a question for those who know how to freeze frame and catch the moments people like me miss.

But when they announced the group leaders, at one point after a dancing clip, Lacy looked nearly over the moon. She had lead the dance in the clip, Kash was behind her. It almost made me think initially she may have thought being GL 1 would mean she was point. Maybe I am getting things confused. But she seemed so happy,  AM I crazy? (Ah second hand, don't answer that part of the question)