Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Man. CMT needs to pay this focus group.

HAHAHAHAAAA!!! 

By the way CMT, I do work in film production so you could hire me as needed. ;o)

Edited by go4luca
added note to CMT, lol
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Picking three is really tough! 

I’m going to give Tess some love, Lauren and Tasha. 

But I really like Heather, Kashara and Lacey as DCC too. Plus Gina has grown on me like a weed. 

I love all the people choosing Lauren :) 

• Love 3
On 10/23/2018 at 11:11 PM, SmpIsimon said:

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I won't miss Kashara.  I have problems with young women who play up how "country" and ignorant they are as a means of appearing cute.  It's Kelli Pickler's whole routine, and I would prefer young ladies who aren't afraid to improve their minds and show their intelligence.

I’ve never liked this about her either.  I’m not from the south, the area I’m from has become know for this accented way of speaking that you find (or really used to find - I don’t really think a lot of younger people even talk that way anymore) in a lot of our very close to the city urban communities.  Let’s just say those who talk that way aren’t really thought of as intellectuals locally, but it’s still endeared and seen as entertaining to visitors.   If someone from my area went on DCC and exaggerated that style of speaking for air time and attention, I would be very annoyed.

• Love 3

KaShara is definitely bright.  She doesn't miss much.  I realize this isn't a huge deal in the real world, but watch her on the 4 DCC chat with Tasha, Yuko and Molly that was posted on FB.  They were asked a question re: their favorite memory from this past TC.  The first two didn't catch that part and thus answered regarding their career to date.  Kash replied using the quote re: the "current TC" (subtly showing she paid attention while not knocking Tasha or Yuko who answered ahead of her) and then responded with her reply.

Edited by go4luca
added Kash's capitol "S"
  • Love 11
55 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Picking three is really tough! 

I’m going to give Tess some love, Lauren and Tasha. 

But I really like Heather, Kashara and Lacey as DCC too. Plus Gina has grown on me like a weed. 

I second your comment on Gina ??

• Love 4
On 10/25/2018 at 3:59 PM, sleepyjean said:

If you had to choose three members of the team who are the "total package," right now, exactly as they are today, who would you name? 

By total pkg I mean body is on point, not too thin, not too soft. Beautiful face and makeup. Beautiful hair. Well groomed at all times. Clean, powerful, charismatic dancer with great kicks. Speaks well and comes across as warm, friendly, professional, approachable, well rounded and intelligent. Appears to be an excellent, supportive, hard working teammate. Has more on social media than "look how beautiful my friends and I are." Shows up on time and follows the rules.

Tell me who ticks all the boxes for you? You can only pick three.

None of them stand out as a total package to me - I can think of several retired girls who tick all the boxes but the current squad is seriously lacking total package girls (the good dancers don’t have the look and the pretty ones don’t have the dancing).  If had to pick the three that are the best all around I guess I’d go with Lacey, Bridgette and Kahlyn (Even though I’d much prefer pre-plastic Lacey).   HM to Kashara cause shes pretty and can dance, but her country cutie act bugs me.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

THIS.

She wouldn't even let Kelli speak. Should Kelli have cut her week 2? YES. But even so, Malena knew what was coming and should have handled herself better.

It was very unsettling! You're absolutely correct ~ she should've handled herself better! That was really hard to watch.  When she was walking off the field and getting in the cart, she already looked half pissed off/half potential nuclear meltdown.  I can't understand why they kept her to the end when they were clearly informed that she couldn't even grasp the choreography in NY .....and she proved it every week!! 

• Love 5
On 10/25/2018 at 8:59 PM, sleepyjean said:

If you had to choose three members of the team who are the "total package," right now, exactly as they are today, who would you name? 

By total pkg I mean body is on point, not too thin, not too soft. Beautiful face and makeup. Beautiful hair. Well groomed at all times. Clean, powerful, charismatic dancer with great kicks. Speaks well and comes across as warm, friendly, professional, approachable, well rounded and intelligent. Appears to be an excellent, supportive, hard working teammate. Has more on social media than "look how beautiful my friends and I are." Shows up on time and follows the rules.

Tell me who ticks all the boxes for you? You can only pick three.

Heather, Kelli and Lauren for me. They're not necessarily my favourites on the team but they seem the friendliest. None of them are the best dancers on the squad but they are clean dancers, they seem approachable and they have solid careers outside of DCC, none of this dance/pilates/barre instructor rubbish. They seem like they have more to offer than just dance tips. Feel like I don't know enough about the rookies yet to comment, although Brennan seems like a great person!

I do have a soft spot for Yuko though. More foreign girls on the team please, I miss Jinelle. Maybe you'll see me on the show soon enough! Hoping to be the first British woman to make it.

Edited by DCC-UK
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, KatieC said:

I hope so.  I don’t like her weird expressions when she is speaking or when she is dancing.  It’s almost creepy the way she looks.  

I really hope both Lily and Tara come back and try out again.  

I agree 100 % !! 

I wish the best for both Lily (I thought she was precious and would've continued to improve every week- I thought she was already far better than a few chosen to stay) and Tara. I hope that whatever was going on with Tara, I hope she takes this time to perhaps get the rest,treatment, or whatever is necessary, if she's having health issues.  Otherwise, polish up-whatever it takes to get your groove back,  and get her spot back !

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Maybe you'll see me on the show soon enough! Hoping to be the first British woman to make it.

You go girl! I wish you the very best of luck, and since you already know how you should look, what you need to know news wise, and what we here on the forum are looking for, you are a shoe-in! Seriously, I really do wish you all the luck and make sure you post when you are getting ready to audition so we can root for you!!!

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I do have a soft spot for Yuko though. More foreign girls on the team please, I miss Jinelle. Maybe you'll see me on the show soon enough! Hoping to be the first British woman to make it.

The Miami Dolphins cheerleaders have a British woman, Holly who is in her 3rd year.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think Ashlee and Madeline could be a one and done next year.  

I agree with Madeline being a one and done, but not Ashlee.  IMO, Ashlee is absolutely beautiful and everything finally just "clicked" and came together for her at the right time. I love her style!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I've worked on websites. It's not that hard! They had all summer to work on the bios (& just toss the ones who are cut) & then a couple months into the season to "polish" before going live. You don't usually create the pages right before or as you are publishing them. You create everything, (SHOULD) double check to make sure info is create & all links work, THEN you publish/go live. One or two errors or a link not working correctly right away could be forgiven (we are all human, after all), but the DCC stuff continually shows excessively sloppy work. Not world class at all.

I agree with this. Very sloppy and unprofessional. It’s surprising how bad it is. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I read somewhere that Nicole Bulcher, a 5 year vet never moved up in the triangle yet went to the Pro Bowl. Some people just don't care about where they are in the triangle as long as they're in it. 

Pretty much.

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Well that’s a way to get rid of 18 year olds who are just graduating high school from trying out.   

Not really. They could technically still tryout if they're 18.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Maybe you'll see me on the show soon enough! Hoping to be the first British woman to make it.

54 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

The Miami Dolphins cheerleaders have a British woman, Holly who is in her 3rd year.

The Charger Girls had a Brit, Angela Gramer. She was on the Chargers team the same time as DCC Bridget.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Hey, more power to you for just going for it!  Best of luck and keep us posted.  It would be fun to have a forum member to cheer on!

• Love 8

Granted Lauren has big eyes, but I love that she doesn't have the added caterpillar lashes.  Some of the ladies keep theirs in check while others go too far (VK).  I get that the added length reads well from the nose bleeds, but with all their close-ups and photographs, I find they can look pretty cray-cray if too long.

I wonder how weird it is for them when they retire to go back to natural length lashes.

lauren brennan eyes.jpg

• Love 9
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Some of you regular forum denizens blow me away with all the specs you maintain in your head bones!

Is it weird that I ❤️ that you used the word “denizen”? I’m such a word geek... ? 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Okay.  Here's where I am now and from now on, I will leave all grid & diagrams to @Tootie, LOL.  It's nuts keeping up with this and I have a house to clean!  But mostly it was fun and my curiosity compelled me to do it.  

NOTES:  Those that remained a vote of only one name, I counted as "3".  Those that listed two names but listed more than one name for their 3rd choice, I only listed the first two.  Anyone who listed more than three names I didn't include because the rules stated pick three names only.  If you change to only three names, I can amend at some point.

I did my best to accurately record your votes but with all the listings buried in this thread, I may have missed some so feel free to let me know!

@sleepyjean - thanks for starting this.  It was fun to see how it landed. :o)

ETA:  Click on the forum user name spreadsheet for a larger view.

Favs Votes.jpg

Favs Grid v3.jpg

@sleepyjean , Lauren, Lacy, Bridget.....Erin is the Darkhorse of rookies

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LynneH said:

I've been looking at the cameos and just have to ask...What is going on with the huge sleeves?

Compare Amy's sleeve (which I think looks good) compared to others.

image.png.838e25962ee53fa375210c93e3cc46e6.png
image.png.93c2b8b7a7f4163057ac427ba68d994a.png
image.png.3cb3d8e851b89b037fa522f786cdd736.png

I hadn’t noticed that but wow they really do look huge! 

16 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

REALLY?! What idiots.

image.png.d1f0bc280c162ff75dd03deb04ed0f82.png

Someone should have noticed this when the picture was taken. Even so they could have added contrast to that area so it was more evident it is arms and not one long arm. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

RECESS  peanut butter cup???? Hhhmm, never heard of that one. Must be aTexas or DCC thing. ?

Screenshot_2018-10-26-10-14-20.png

Are you saying you’ve never had peanut butter ice cream during recess?  I think we can totally make this a thing ;).

7 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Someone should have noticed this when the picture was taken. Even so they could have added contrast to that area so it was more evident it is arms and not one long arm. 

It’s all I see when I look at the photo.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:14 AM, ByTor said:

Not all people find all jokes funny.

Kelli asked Maddie in her interview if she'd have an issue with the uniform because of her religion, and Maddie said (paraphrasing) it's all good if it's worn with "grace."

giphy.gif

whose Grace?

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, MrClean said:

2C11CABF-473E-492B-B9CC-B946965D2F8E.jpeg

Reese's I've heard of (my "claim to fame," I'm actually (very) distantly related to the guy (H.B. Reese) who created Reese's peanut butter cups ?) -- it's the RECESS brand I'm unfamilair with.

14 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

Are the bios not showing up for anyone else? Looks like they took them down since this board noticed all the mistakes

Yep, they're down.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I think TPTB thought it was a waste of money for the DCC to have their own site, so they fired the website people and incorporated the site into the Cowboys site. It’s awful.  All of the complaints are warranted. They had a dedicated person who did everything on the DCC and she was great. The site had a place for the girls to write stories and experiences (Jackie Bob’s were the best) and they got paid a small amount of $ to post stuff. 

What a colossal mistake.

I asked Kelli why the change happened and her reply was 'more eyeballs'. I much preferred the old DCC website with the gameday photos, blogs from both Kelli and the girls and the gameday videos too. Wish they had of let it be :-(

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

Are the bios not showing up for anyone else? Looks like they took them down since this board noticed all the mistakes

They should have NEVER been put up the way they were. How embarrassing.  

• Love 5
On 10/25/2018 at 7:14 AM, ByTor said:

Kelli asked Maddie in her interview if she'd have an issue with the uniform because of her religion, and Maddie said (paraphrasing) it's all good if it's worn with "grace."

I never got the reasoning behind that question. She's there, of course she's going to be okay with wearing the uniform. Did they really think she was going to say, "Oh, wait, you mean I have to wear THAT uniform just like everyone else? You're not going to make special accomodations for me & give me a more modest uniform? Well, darn, I guess I'll have to give up my dream & high-tail it back to Utah."?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

I love all the people choosing Lauren :) 

If I were one of TPTB, she's certainly someone I'd want to put out in front to represent the brand with all the the crap from the last two training camps. I'll go back to being fair and change two of my votes to Tasha and Maddie.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Judy, Judy, Judy!!  Cary Grant reference for the non younger members of forum, ahem.

what happened...

• Love 6

Those sleeves are ridiculous. They are way too long. If these uniforms are custom made, they all need some tailoring. What the hell is going on in the organization? Now the uniforms don’t even fit correctly.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, KatieC said:

It's like they are inflatable...like those life vests on airlines... OR they are uniform tops from Clown School.

• Love 1

My 3 picks:

1.  Gina.  Love when she shakes her head, outdances the others and pops the poms.  Vote for point next year too. 

2.  Erin. Tall, slim with curves, getting good with the choreography and looks great in uniform. 

3. Bridget. She is probably the most enjoyable, fun to watch, big smile up to the rafters kind of girl. 

If you asked me last year, Tara would have been on the list. Boo hiss Kitty. 

Edited by JerseyGirl
Typos
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, viccib said:

I asked Kelli why the change happened and her reply was 'more eyeballs'. I much preferred the old DCC website with the gameday photos, blogs from both Kelli and the girls and the gameday videos too. Wish they had of let it be :-(

Those 'eyeballs' need glasses.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, VintageJ said:

So glad to see Brennan make it.  That hug that Kelli gave Brennan before the game tells me that she is really glad to see Brennan make it.  I loved that!!!

Everytime I think I can’t love Ashlee more, they give her a minute to speak and my respect for her goes up even more.  

Thank you CMT for letting Briana speak and focusing on her for one minute.  Damn!  I’ve been waiting all season to hear from Briana and Brennan as comebacks.

I’m so going to miss you Lacey!  And Kashara.

But this rookie squad this year really is talented.

For my top three?  That’s hard.  Khalyn, Lacey and Lauren.

Well said!! 

• Love 4