Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

Why are we not talking more about Malena and her cut...because we know there was ALOT more to her meltdown than what was shown...right? I would be WAY too embarrassed to come back after me behaving like that on national TV. Just me?

I think her reaction was true to her nature. It certainly felt real and was completely understandable. It would have been much kinder to have cut her earlier in camp.

Votes for my top three poll from earlier: Kashara, Jalyn, and Bridget.

• Love 15
On 10/24/2018 at 8:40 AM, lah715 said:

Did I miss something .... why the Christina hate ? Has anyone here on the boards met her in person and she was rude?  I dont think we get a true impression from CMT. She has worked hard to get on the team ... I think she will go another year.

Yes, several people on this board HAVE actually met her in person and found her to be rude, abrasive and off-putting.  I, personally, have found her to be among the weakest dancers, if not THE weakest dancer on the squad.  What little I've seen of her solos have been cringe-worthy to watch and, for the most part, it's the performer, NOT the choreography.  Rumor has it that several of the former DCCs that were helping out at auditions were stunned at how bad she was at Finals and appalled that she was actually called to Training Camp.  Her behavior during season 9 and last season showed she had excuse after excuse, whined and cried during her talking head and, especially last season (I'm going to rewatch season 9 again to make sure), Christina seemed to feel that she was entitled to make the squad just because she tried out so many times and made Training Camp twice.  

14 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Am I the only one who is glad to see this shit show come to a close tonight?  I want to quickly forget this season ever happened and just pray that VK find something else to do.

Nope.  You ain't the only one.

I was going to jump into the whole "Stop hating on Victoria because you're jealous of her" debate but I don't want to get my wrist slapped or banned because I don't agree with another poster's opinion and, depending on what I said, my opinion could be considered an attack on another poster so I say, we'll agree to disagree and I will NEVER be jealous of Victoria for ANY reason in this lifetime.  She has said nothing, done nothing or accomplished nothing for me to be jealous ABOUT.  When she does something worthy of my jealousy, I will say so, but until then, she's not worthy of such an emotion.

8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

If you had to choose three members of the team who are the "total package," right now, exactly as they are today, who would you name? 

By total pkg I mean body is on point, not too thin, not too soft. Beautiful face and makeup. Beautiful hair. Well groomed at all times. Clean, powerful, charismatic dancer with great kicks. Speaks well and comes across as warm, friendly, professional, approachable, well rounded and intelligent. Appears to be an excellent, supportive, hard working teammate. Has more on social media than "look how beautiful my friends and I are." Shows up on time and follows the rules.

Tell me who ticks all the boxes for you? You can only pick three.

Lauren, Brennan, Alexis, and Lexie.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think the team announcment was so lackluster.  I mean, the girls pretty much knew they made the team with Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy came over to them.  You can see it all over Madeline M's face.  She was already holding back the tears.

Well, yeah. They had to have known. They heard 36 all the damn time and then Lily 38 and NoNoNoMalena 37 disappear during a break. Considering how hard TC is and how excited they must’ve been (especially Madeline & Brennan being come-back girls), they did a good job of holding it down until Char could officially announce. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah I think so to !! 

I have always thought Brennan looked cross-eyed.  It bothered me quite a bit her first two times in TC.  This year I grew to like her.  She appeared poised, confident and mature.  I am happy she made the team.  

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, Nombre said:

I think Brennan is a one and done. She always has a weird expression on her face.  I liked Lily better or Tara could have stayed.

23 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

Here's what I think: Brennan is a one and done (not because I don't like her because I DO), but because I think TPTB don't like her overall look and facial expressions and therefore will be cut at finals next year a la Kat.

21 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I hope so.  I don’t like her weird expressions when she is speaking or when she is dancing.  It’s almost creepy the way she looks.  

I really hope both Lily and Tara come back and try out again.  

I would REALLY like to see Brennan stay several years, but it will depend on her choices.  However, if she proves herself this year and chooses to come back, I think she'll make it.   Of the other rookie candidates, I think Rachel is the only one I could see as a one-and-done  Erin and Madeline are toss-ups because they both worked their butts off to come from being the first 2 cut last year to making the squad this year.  Of the veterans, Christina is the only one I could see being on the chopping block next year if she chooses to come back, especially if there's another talented group coming in and Brennan not only chooses to come back but performs strongly at auditions.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, cgloss said:

For all we know, it could have been Kelli's idea. Or CMT's. A way to shake up the same old, same old surprise. I wouldn't put it past Kelli to dream this up to really shock the girls after such a long training camp.

Yeah, it was a change from the norm. We also didn't see the endless placement of the girls to take the squad photo this year. I don't mind them mixing stuff up a bit, and I really liked the segments where they showed us what former cheerleaders are doing now. I actually think Charlotte walking out on the field with Kelli and Judy to talk to the girls was a dead giveaway to them that it was over and they had made the team.  So it was kind of a bit anti-climactic, but then how many ways can they change up that part of the program? I just can't warm up to Charlotte. She just strikes me as arrogant and phony. At least with Kelli and Judy you can see that they actually have emotions. Just my gut feeling. She could be a very nice person. I just don't think I've ever seen any evidence of it.  

• Love 4

Was there supposed to be a tryout for a Megan Trainor (sp-?) video or performance in this episode? I was glad there wasn’t. There was time (and a lot of commercials) to go through the season and some of the girls (not enough of them) and watch them dance, which I kind of liked. It gave me a better sense of squad. 

Judy crying talking about Lacey was really sweet. Kelli giving the girls compliments and crying was sweet. I’m a sucker, I know. 

Yeah, I do not look forward to next season if VK comes back (I still can’t get past that she cannot close her mouth...her teeth are that big) but I will watch. I just know I will. 

@SmpIsimon - I for one will miss you.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Was there supposed to be a tryout for a Megan Trainor (sp-?) video or performance in this episode? I was glad there wasn’t. There was time (and a lot of commercials) to go through the season and some of the girls (not enough of them) and watch them dance, which I kind of liked. It gave me a better sense of squad. 

Judy crying talking about Lacey was really sweet. Kelli giving the girls compliments and crying was sweet. I’m a sucker, I know. 

Yeah, I do not look forward to next season if VK comes back (I still can’t get past that she cannot close her mouth...her teeth are that big) but I will watch. I just know I will. 

@SmpIsimon - I for one will miss you.

No the Megan Trainor preformance is for the thanksgiving halftime show 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

RE: Charlotte announcing the team instead of Kelli. I don't care. As long as someone announced the flipping team so these girls can breathe, I'm good. 

At the end of this season I want to see Kelli fired...her losing out on the opportunity to announce the team is just karma coming for some receipts. 

I really would stop watching if they fired Kelli or Judy.  For me I wish they would stop using Kitty.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Top Ten Comments From the Finale Episode:

10. Lily's blindside was brutal. I get that nobody is ever safe nor should they feel safe. She acknowledged that herself. But not a single office visit for the entirety of training camp, and then WHAM!

9. Malena's cut made me feel like she was left at the altar on her wedding day. That's why you don't lead someone on for weeks when they never had a chance of making the team in the first place.

8. Jinelle is a-freaking-mazing. Two hours notice and nails it (with entirely different placement in every formation). Not only would I take nutrition assistance from her, but I'd take any opportunity to spend an hour with her and soak up anything she wants to share.

7. Lacey's story showed us someone who auditioned at 18 with a great deal of maturity. She is proof positive that age is no excuse because hard work, determination, a gracious spirit, and emotional intelligence are the great equalizers. No wonder Judy is crying over her retirement.

6. Brennan got smothered with vet hugs when the team was announced and the biggest cheer from the vets when called-up for her uniform. Love her or hate her, you have to acknowledge that the vets admire her.

5. Jalyn is another professional, dancing with one eye and not missing a beat.

4. I barely recognized far too many rookies when they were shown tonight. I want a refund on this season and a do-over edited ASAP, this time featuring all of the candidates.

3. Charlotte announcing the team would have been better if Tara was part of it. 

2. I'm beyond thankful that I found this board. I came online to search for information the night Dayton was cut and found a community of witty, insightful and (yes, snarky) fellow posters who have helped me somewhat enjoy this season. My family thanks you.

And my NUMBER ONE comment from this final episode is:

1. I can't resist... I gotta say it... I HAVE NO WORDS! :-)

100%...it put a huge damper on the entire thing. I know Kashara was especially upset at that. And now, she too will be gone :(

• Love 5

In case the poor gal ever reads this board...I am a huge fan of Christina and I am sure there are a few others here who like her as well. When insider "John Galt " was here, he/she said that she was a locker room favorite. Apparently, she dances well enough not to have been called out as being a weak link and had a smooth training camp as far as what was shown to us. Delighted to see Brennan's joy at finally making the squad. 

• Love 22

So I'm curious. What happens now with the forum. Is there a place where people go to talk about the current team. Does this thread stay open? Or does everyone just go away until next season? Such a fun place!

• Love 3

I won't get to watch this last episode until tonight.   Someone needs to keep up with the guesses as to who will not come back next season (Rachel; Brennan; Christina).

My "the whole package" ladies are Kashara, Jalyn and I'll just go ahead and vote for Bridgett since everyone else did even though I couldn't pick her out in a line up of 2 people.

My "whole package" DCC's are: Bridget (I admire her smarts and spunk), Alexis (stunning - almost a Kelsey L. 2.0), and Lauren (such a big heart and a genuinely NICE person - also glad she's learned to style her hair). For me, these three totally embody the whole "girl next door" and "sweetheart" persona that is intrinsic to the DCC brand.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

If you had to choose three members of the team who are the "total package," right now, exactly as they are today, who would you name? 

By total pkg I mean body is on point, not too thin, not too soft. Beautiful face and makeup. Beautiful hair. Well groomed at all times. Clean, powerful, charismatic dancer with great kicks. Speaks well and comes across as warm, friendly, professional, approachable, well rounded and intelligent. Appears to be an excellent, supportive, hard working teammate. Has more on social media than "look how beautiful my friends and I are." Shows up on time and follows the rules.

My 3 would be

1. Madeline Malloy. I think she’s drop dead gorgeous with perfect makeup. Personality wise I didn’t see enough of her to know for sure. 

2. Kashara: She’s beautiful, charismatic, and seems genuine. 

3. Lauren: she’s beautiful, very talented and seems so genuine. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

Why are we not talking more about Malena and her cut...because we know there was ALOT more to her meltdown than what was shown...right? I would be WAY too embarrassed to come back after me behaving like that on national TV. Just me?

I really, really like Malena. Thought she was beautiful and well spoken. I think her meltdown was a realization of, “I quit my job for this”....which was not a bright move for such an intelligent girl. She had a dream job and quit it for what $50 per game. I have to think there must’ve been some strong encouragement of her potential to make the team behind the scenes. Why would you quit a job like hers if that was not the case? I do recognize they couldn’t keep her because of her looks and personality. I recognize her dance skills/memory weren’t to the caliber of the other candidates. I do feel bad for her though. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

Malena’s cut was crazy. I actually started laughing, not because it was funny, but because her reaction was so shocking and emotional that it made me inappropriate laugh out of shock and being uncomfortable. She had a complete toddler style meltdown. 

I feel for the girl..... but dang. You have to keep a little composure! I DEFINITELY think the realization that she quit her job for nothing played into the emotionally charged meltdown. I really really like Malena and my heart went out to her, but it was definitely the most emotional cut since Meghan F told them off.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I won't get to watch this last episode until tonight.   Someone needs to keep up with the guesses as to who will not come back next season (Rachel; Brennan; Christina).

My "the whole package" ladies are Kashara, Jalyn and I'll just go ahead and vote for Bridgett since everyone else did even though I couldn't pick her out in a line up of 2 people.

I was looking for the “Alexandria’s &Kalyssa’s” of this group. I think as far as not coming back on their own, Rachel is the only one I think. As far as not making the team, possibly Brennan although I really like her. 

3 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

In case the poor gal ever reads this board...I am a huge fan of Christina and I am sure there are a few others here who like her as well. When insider "John Galt " was here, he/she said that she was a locker room favorite. Apparently, she dances well enough not to have been called out as being a weak link and had a smooth training camp as far as what was shown to us. Delighted to see Brennan's joy at finally making the squad. 

Christina is one of my favorites! Looks wise also, if you look back at when she got cut she had a very “mousey” look for lack of a better term. She looks great now and I love watching her. 

• Love 2
On 10/22/2018 at 12:40 PM, Jess14 said:

Agreed. I don’t see the comparison. They’re both beautiful girls, but beyond that, they seem night and day to me. Kalyssa, love or hate her, never seemed boring, scripted, or timid to me. Rachel however seems dull as dishwater. Now, i say seems because she may be full of personality behind all of that makeup and carefully crafted pageant persona, but I don’t think it has ever come through on the show. Likewise, in terms of dance, Kalyssa was powerful but very messy IMO. Rachel lacks power, but doesn’t have the untrained dancer look. It’s clear she has good technique and a strong dance background. 

I see her as “a Kalyssa”. Nothing like Kalyssa. But I see her doing this one year as a stepping stone. I like her. I just don’t think she will re-audition. I may be wrong. 

• Love 1
On 10/24/2018 at 1:18 PM, KoKo said:

Totally agree. While both are adorable and great dancers, as you said, too young and cutesy. 

My prediction for next point is Gina. Not because she’s one of my favorites but because she seems to be one that they point out as one of the best dancers. They seem to like her look also. To me (and disclaimer, I’m not a dancer so just a laymen’s opinion) I think Maddie is the best dancer. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, go4luca said:

Do you want Brennan or Lacey?  I'll add yours!  Do I add three votes Brennan and three for Lacey since neither of you listed two others?  LOL!

LOL yes, Lacey and Brennan, plus Amy.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, tcfse said:

My prediction for next point is Gina. Not because she’s one of my favorites but because she seems to be one that they point out as one of the best dancers. They seem to like her look also. To me (and disclaimer, I’m not a dancer so just a laymen’s opinion) I think Maddie is the best dancer. 

Rookies nonewithstanding, Gina is the best Vet on the team when you take away Lacey. 

I think Gina is being primed to be point.

I hope this is Maddie's last year. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Lacey, Lauren, KaShara

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Lona said:

So I'm curious. What happens now with the forum. Is there a place where people go to talk about the current team. Does this thread stay open? Or does everyone just go away until next season? Such a fun place!

This forum will stay up, but this thread will close. There is usually a "current DCC" thread that people will migrate to. Another spoiler/training camp thread will open around auditions next year. It gets slow on here from now until then though..not much action..alot of people posting updates from social media..photos that are on DCC social media end up on here..nothing spectacular.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Brennan got smothered with vet hugs when the team was announced and the biggest cheer from the vets when called-up for her uniform.

Really?  Awwww I can't wait to see this!!!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Does anyone else think that Christina's boyfriend looks like it could be her brother?  I feel like they have such similar facial features. 

thats actually really common - people are, oddly enough, attracted to people that look similar to them - and more specifically actually that look like our parents. our friends rarely look all that much like us, features wise, but lovers often do. you'd think it'd be the other way around, a way to ensure genetic diversity and yet... do a degree, the whole concept of 'leagues' is true, because we tend to be attracted to people that look like us, of a similar level of attractiveness (beyond aesthetic appreciation for movie stars and models which tend to conform to the golden ratio and are therefore more 'universally' good-looking.

Jalyn's eye looked so uncomfortable and I'm surprised they sent her out, given a good 75% of the girls' job is to be attractive and hot and having someone look like they've taken a fist to the eye and weirdly squinting, isn't really either of those things. eyes shouldn't be messed around with - should have just gone stright to the opthamologist and made sure she wasn't scratching the eye if there was something in it.

• Love 2
On 10/21/2018 at 8:11 PM, MrsEVH said:

've seen this a few times. I love the story of the girl who tried out for 5 years and finally made it. Also the vet who got cut coming back to her 2nd year but then makes it back the following year.

I love the story, but she is rough around the edges for sure!!! She appears to be a bit desperate to me. Almost like her whole identity depends on her making the team.  She's always flipping her hair which is annoying. She would never make DCC!! She's too nervous acting, and Kelli would pick up on it right away.

9 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Does anyone else think that Christina's boyfriend looks like it could be her brother?  I feel like they have such similar facial features. 

I always can tell if someone will end up together because they look alike and have similar body structure. It's almost always accurate too. People use to say my husband and I looked like brother and sister. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I mean, I'm not sure what else to say. I think Kelli did her a great disservice by keeping her as long as she did and it created a false hope. She quit her job, put her life on hold and for what? The thing 99% of us agreed on by episode 3. 

The fact that Kelli announced, "I can't make excuses for her anymore," is what killed me. If you're making excuses for anyone, cut them and tell them to come back. Don't drag this out.

I do think Malena likely had an epic meltdown especially when we saw Judy covering her face and then a split second later it's edited to where she looks completely normal. 

it was intense, in its entirety (which was not shown). i think it will go down in their dcc folklore. 

1 hour ago, Kayce said:

Lacey, Lauren, KaShara

+1 I think I have to say same.  Sav is close behind Lauren for me. 

My rookie edition is JALYN (rockstar, WOW), Rachel W and Briana.  I do love Bridget too, sometimes she just looks sooo young to me but i want to be her bff...lots of great rookies tbh. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lona said:

A thread will be created for the current squad.

1 hour ago, DancingForLife said:

Jaylyn's is dreadful!! 

I liked her Jets photo better. For me it's the hair color and the center part. And the style. And the pose. I think they realized their mistake with the hair color at least, because her hair is darker now. I hope she's not going to be another Holly/Claire, whose hair started out cartoonish red every summer and then fluctuated throughout the season.

5bd31d4bf3dfb_2018DCC_JalynStough(yr1).jpg.97fe22b5434c8eb1c6999c38684649bc.jpg5bd31d5f2ecd7_2017Jets_JalynStough.jpg.5c203ca8adf72c4f62e85db6c0a0fe80.jpg

• Love 12
10 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Well, folks, it’s been real. Let’s just hope Victoria isn’t back next year. If she is, I can assure you I won’t be. Otherwise, see you next May!

No, you can not sign off because you get all kinds of insider scoop and no one believes that this year will be drama free! I am sure that this forum will still be as busy as it has been during training camp! Right?

• Love 10

Jaylyn reminds me of Holly in that they were obvious standouts from the start for similar reasons: they are amazing dancers and their hair color is beyond awful.  Why anyone would choose that shade of red is beyond me.  

To those that know better, is rookie Madeline a good dancer? I either don't remember her standing out or just couldn't tell.  I was surprised she made the team.  She had the locker incident, and I just don't feel she has the DCC look at all.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, vivianspoetry said:

Jaylyn reminds me of Holly in that they were obvious standouts from the start for similar reasons: they are amazing dancers and their hair color is beyond awful.  Why anyone would choose that shade of red is beyond me.  

To those that know better, is rookie Madeline a good dancer? I either don't remember her standing out or just couldn't tell.  I was surprised she made the team.  She had the locker incident, and I just don't feel she has the DCC look at all.  

Kitty said she was a knock-out performer and that is why she gave her a sticker. Granted Kitty liked Victoria, so there is that, but I do think Madeline can dance and every clip I've seen of her has been pretty strong. 

• Love 1

So glad to see Brennan make it.  That hug that Kelli gave Brennan before the game tells me that she is really glad to see Brennan make it.  I loved that!!!

Everytime I think I can’t love Ashlee more, they give her a minute to speak and my respect for her goes up even more.  

Thank you CMT for letting Briana speak and focusing on her for one minute.  Damn!  I’ve been waiting all season to hear from Briana and Brennan as comebacks.

I’m so going to miss you Lacey!  And Kashara.

But this rookie squad this year really is talented.

For my top three?  That’s hard.  Khalyn, Lacey and Lauren.

• Love 6

I thought you all should know that this season gets better the more you watch it.  Viewing one it’s the Victoria show.  Viewing two and three, still the Victoria show but now it’s less shocking and more eye rolling.  Viewing four, much easier to watch everybody else and ignore most things Victoria.  They actually showed other rookies way more than I initially thought they had.  So if you have no life, need brackgound noise while doing something else (which is my excuse - I work from a home office and have it on instead of music), want to get the most out of your purchase, etc. it’s worth a rewatch.  Oh, and just fast forward through the Cowboy fit sections.  They don’t get better.

• Love 16

Things seemed to be out of order. Usually after Kelli announces the team the girls go into their locker room. Why did they do it after  F&F?  Where did they get dressed for it? Valley Ranch? Right after the team is announced they do the squad photo which has been a tradition since 2005. Why didn't they show it?  This season has been worse than last year. I see the  squad picture is finally up on the DCC site.  Don't care for the girl's bios ( 3 facts only?)  Now it looks like all the other NFL cheerleaders sites.

• Love 5