Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/30/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She stood up for certain award winners. When Jake Tapper and other CNN journalists won an award, she remained seated while everyone else at the table stood up.

Klassy.  

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan started to say she believed the NBC poll then caught herself and said something about NBC not being credible.  She is having a hard time remembering who she doesn't like.

So Andy Cohen likes Meghan.  Yet one more reason to dislike Andy Cohen.

I watched the show she was on.  I am not sure that is true.  She loves the housewife shows so he likes her for that is my guess.  I am just watching now so I don't have all the facts on this. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

I watched the show she was on.  I am not sure that is true.  She loves the housewife shows so he likes her for that is my guess.  I am just watching now so I don't have all the facts on this. 

She said he has always supported her career and sent her a note congratulating her when she started on the View.

• Love 3

What's the age range on those Jersey Shore folks? They look really coarse. So much hair product and dye, heavy makeup, self-tanner, botox and plastic surgery! I know of them from clips I've seen over the years. I never watched the show back in the day, and didn't catch much of them today on The View, but, they actually seem to have grown up into fairly decent adults? 

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

Megan is too sensitive to be a panelist on this show. When you sign up to work on a show like the View, you open yourself up because people will agree or disagree with your opinion. I believe that she often gets flustered and so frustrated because politics really aren't her strength. I believe, like Elizabeth, before her, she is actually interested in art. Not to say that you can't hold both as an interest- but she is simply not effective- and it is obvious that she hasn't been discussing politics in this manner until recently. (Whether you agree with them or not - when I listen to Chris Matthews or Joe Scarborough it's obvious that they have a passion for politics.)

I appreciate Joy's schoolteacher background, she knows how to switch gears and break things down without sounding hostile when she's in that mode.

I don't understand why Megan feels like she is the spokesperson for Trump voters (when she claims she didn't vote for him) simply because she's a conservative and is from a "red state." 

I agree with what you are saying I just don't think sensitive is the word to describe her. She doesn't feel hurt or empathy or frankly if she was sensitive she wouldn't be so damn rude to everyone. She is not cut out for this job because she's not equipped to listen , be polite or  respectful.  I feel she needs to go so they can come to terms that's she's out of her league. What she said to Sunny  about not knowing she was a journlist is   a bitch move. The other day the show was cut to go to the latest fiasco and it was Sunny speaking to another political expert.   

Edited by athousandclowns
Darn I pad
  • Love 17

MM didn't think it was good/relevant/whatever to talk about Tump's health, Joy ignored her.  Everyone did but she was addressing Joy directly.  So many little signs she has worn out her welcome.

14 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She said he has always supported her career and sent her a note congratulating her when she started on the View.

He is attentive to fans of the housewife shows.  He has had all The View hosts on.  He hosts a talk show and does not talk about politics.  I doubt he is a republican.  There is NO way he is her friend.  

• Love 11
(edited)
17 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

LOL! Nope. Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, according to Ticketmaster. On The View, when Whoopi said “go see her,” at the end, Kathy said she had “a lot to say,” which prompted me to look at tour dates near me. I wonder, though, if what “a lot to say” translates to talking about Trump. Idk but I don’t want to listen to hours of a Trump-bitch fest. That’s everywhere. LOL. 

I have to think about it. She’s already sold out a few shows, so I have to think fast. Lol.

*Obviously I know she wouldn’t talk about Trump the entire time but I still don’t know if I want to or will be able to go.*

I've seen her 4 times over the years and by "a lot to say", she means her shows typically run over two hours. Her stand-up is just like how she is in interviews, very all-over-the-place and "remind me to tell you about _________". I'm sure Trump will be part of it, but I'm seeing her in October and I think she'll have somewhat cemented her comeback in pop culture by then. I do wish she hadn't cursed so much on Monday. Daytime isn't late-night and you can tell Sunny was bothered by it. There's a reason Kathy has been on The Ellen DeGeneres Show once and only once.

Meghan started to say she believed the NBC poll then caught herself and said something about NBC not being credible.  She is having a hard time remembering who she doesn't like.

So Andy Cohen likes Meghan.  Yet one more reason to dislike Andy Cohen.

I don't know if Meghan was trying to question NBC News as much as she was trying to question Joy for having the *audacity* to ask her to repeat herself as to what polls she was quoting! She mentioned NBC News, Monmouth, and Gallup, and Joy asked her to say them again, and Meghan indignantly said "NBC ... Well, if you want to talk about the credibility of NBC ..." It's like, no, Meghan, Joy wasn't QUESTIONING your sources, she was just asking you to repeat yourself. Sara was able to talk about the polls LIKE AN ADULT and politely disagree with Joy that, to Trump supporters/Republicans, the Mueller stuff and his war on the media isn't resonating with them; it's jobs, the economy, not losing status.

Andy Cohen probably likes the version of Meghan McCain that most of us were familiar with, the author of "Dirty Sexy Politics" and who regularly appeared on MSNBC.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yes, when asked if she believed the polls, Meghan said she believes "some of them."  Yep, that's the way to do it.  Look at all the polls, cherry-pick the ones that have results that you agree with, then use those polls as facts to back up your opinion. 

"political analyst" my ass!

Meghan believes her own fiction, that she is a "political analyst'.

• Love 17
(edited)

I am so tired of Meggie "trying to explain his base."  Speak for yourself.  Why do you support the tax increase?  Why do you support his stand on immigration?  Or why don't you?   Someone has to start holding her feet to the fire on this.  Fuck his base, no one cares.  Where do YOU stand.  She exhausts me.  

We have all said and complained about this for weeks. I didn't finish my thought (phone rang).

After MM read the poll results showing a very high percentage of Trump support. Joy asked her directly, why so you think that is?  Her response, "Oh, many reasons."  Someone has to say name one reason, just one.  

Maybe they all know or sense she is on the way out and just don't care. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 19
(edited)

45/43/41 isn't even Trump's all time high. IIRC, he was somewhere around 50 right after the election. I'm glad Joy called her out on that because fuck Meghan and her lies. 

Regarding polls, Nixon was still in the high 40s when the Watergate hearings began. That quickly plummeted to 30 by the end of that summer.

I hate how MM keeps bringing up polls, and saying that Russia isn't getting any traction with the public. Who gives a flying fuck? Should we just drop the investigation altogether because Trump voters don't seem to care about it? Go fuck your self, Meghan. You're smarter than that. Laws and the constitution matter far more than a what's popular.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

Elsa thinks that Kanye is mentally ill or off his meds cause he says crazy shit.

Elsa thinks that Trump is representing real America when he says crazy shit.

Ohhhh good one!  

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

I hate how MM keeps bringing up polls, and saying that Russia isn't getting any traction with the public. Who gives a flying fuck? Should we just drop the investigation altogether because Trump voters don't seem to care about it? Go fuck your self, Meghan. You're smarter than that. Laws and the constitution matter far more than a what's popular.

Not everything is to be determined how well it plays with Trump's base.  Trump might think he is just President to his base but unfortunately he is President of all of our citizens.  If he has broken the law he needs to answer for it.  Like you said, who gives a flying fuck what the polls say? Our legal system isn't and shouldn't be controlled by public opinion.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, OnTime said:

I bet it never happened.

I don't believe for one second that Sunny and Meghan go out for drinks after the show.  The show ends at noon, so I doubt they are out drinking at lunch.

What did Meghan do to discredit Sunny? I thought she just asked if she considered herself a journalist. Is that what you are talking about?

(edited)

Meghan reminded me of a thirteen year old today with her fast talking vocal fry, inserting "actually" and "like" repeatedly when explaining Trump's poll numbers, and glorifying herself as a political expert. Then the high pitched screeching introduction of the Jersey Shore group and over the top fawning was just too much. She is the most unprofessional host I've ever seen on a talk show. 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 23

Something that MM said today along the lines - People need to be talk to each other in a calm, adult manner when they disagree, and listen to opposing views. 

WHAT??? That wasn't her last week for screeching at Joy for saying, "Happy Birthday, Melania".

MM minimizing that the orange guy told the doctor what to say and took medical records were not important enough to discuss.  Personally, l think it continues to reflect on his character.  It shows the hypocrisy, narcissism, double-standards that are all part of who he is.  Plus, taking medical records - Sunny was right.  Doctor's give you copies of your records to you or any other person that you authorize, and keep the originals.  What is he (the orange guy) hiding? (Just like his taxes!)  That's why it's important

• Love 21
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

At the heart of the matter, Meghan takes issue with Hollywood when it suits her because Hollywood is (to her own admission several times) is made up of mostly liberals. If there were more and prominent conservative voices within Hollywood, she wouldn't complain about Hollywood as much. She's complaining because she disagrees with their political values which they are able to express on large platforms such as award shows and interviews which are nationally televised or printed and have a ton of followers.

Plus the audience applauds the celebrities on shows--which really chaps MM's ass--because......uh....idk...freedom of speech is not ok when they like liberal views that you don't?  

How crazy was it for Meh-gan to criticize the audience applauding the other day???  What a brat. 

• Love 16
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Ohboy said:

What did Meghan do to discredit Sunny? I thought she just asked if she considered herself a journalist. Is that what you are talking about?

She didn't discredit her but she tried!  LOL  MM was on a rant about Hollywood taking over the diner and it wasn't about journalists anymore so she no longer was interested in going.  Sunny said she was there and MM was wrong, it is very much about journalists.  Megan, interrupted Sunny and asked if she was a journalist.  It was clear the she was aiming to do a gotcha.  MM thought she was at the dinner because she was on TV.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 14

Barfing behind a couch is the escapism that is needed in people lives. One of the brain trusts said their success is because they are so real spoken through duck lips false eyelashes and ginormous implants. They will be excited to bring next generation In to this. What more is there to say about them? Should they be able  go to WH dinner?? 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Wings said:

MM was on a rant about Hollywood taking over the diner and it wasn't about journalists anymore so she no longer was interested in going.  Sunny said she was there and MM was wrong, it is very much about journalists.  Megan, interrupted Sunny and asked if she was a journalist.  It was clear the she was aiming to do a gotcha.  MM thought she was at the dinner because she was on TV.  

Not only that, but Sunny told Meghan that she had a journalism degree. Not all journalists do, but I'm glad that Sunny does and shut that brat up. And then she goes into her insincere apology, shuffling her blue cards, looking away and mumbling that "she didn't know." Yes, because if she had, she wouldn't have demanded an answer from Sunny. She was totally expecting Sunny to say no, so that SHE could continue and say behind coded language, that then Sunny had no standing to defend the dinner.

She does this constantly. Screams and accuses the other panelists, the audience of attacking her, hating Republicans, and when the few times she's called on it, she backtracks and insists she's not accusing her cohosts! She actually called out the producer, Matt, the guy who urges the audience to clap, as being responsible for the audience clapping.

And yeah, she did say "my producer" twice. And her smile? Looks like the richter smile one gets when gassed by the Joker.

Oh and Serena's baby is ADORRRRRRRRRRRBS!

And I clapped and cheered when Joy also pointed out that this phrase of "fake news" was initiated and started by 45 (even though Nixon himself said it, but no one jumped on his bandwagon), and that it was the Crypt Keeper who came up with "alternative facts," and normalized these things, when all journalists should have dismissed them and never use those phrases when reporting. Bunch of wusses.

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not only that, but Sunny told Meghan that she had a journalism degree. Not all journalists do, but I'm glad that Sunny does and shut that brat up.

And said brat takes a sip of water from her mug.  I love the control room producer who directs the camera shots.  She catches MM's nervous sipping every time!    So good.    

Edited by Wings
  • Love 16

Kanye is an idiot and I'm going to clarify this with two comments. One - Kanye and the rest of the world that think free thinkers are people who simply challenge traditional thinking is likely because they don't believe in reading books and learning history. Free thinking isn't about challenging traditional values and thoughts as though it's cool to be different. Free thinking is about the journey in which you arrive at truths. Do believe something because it's traditional thought or have you used logic, reason, research and context to arrive at your own opinion? Free thinking encourages people not to simply be parrots to what they see and hear around them but it's essence is not intended to be contrarian. If you do your own work and come to the same conclusion as what traditional thought is, then it doesn't make you less of a free thinker. And secondly, Kanye can't have it both ways. This guy has been calling himself a legend for years and claiming to be a free thinker who speaks out even when it's not of popular opinion yet in the next breath (or previous breath) he blamed everyone for the reason why he got liposuction and became addicted to medication. Since when would a free thinker make such a big life decision based on the fear of others calling him fat? Maybe you were more pressured by the fact that you married into a family who gets more cosmetic work done than the average person changes underwear. I only saw that part of his interview but I recently read that he also mentioned that he doesn't take his meds regularly...could be contributing to his behaviour (not necessarily his thoughts).

Please stop with these stupid polls, especially approval polls. There are so many factors that go into polls to the point where it could mean something or mean nothing.

If she thinks that Andy Cohen hates women because he doesn't mind making money off the behaviour of other women on TV, then what does she think about the actual women and their own values on womanhood if they are willing to be part of that and worse, be the ones who are actually behaving that way on TV?

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Plus the audience applauds the celebrities on shows--which really chaps MM's ass--because......uh....idk...freedom of speech is not ok when they like liberal views that you don't?  

How crazy was it for Meh-gan to criticize the audience applauding the other day???  What a brat. 

That had me laughing. 'but but the applause line' and then Joy turns around and asks if she now's blaming the audience, lol. I think Sara went out of her way to try and defuse a lot of the tension on that show between trying to acknowledge Meghan's line of questioning on Sunny or cracking a joke about how it's all Tom's fault, lol.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Wings said:

And said brat takes a sip of water from her mug.  I love the producer who directs which camera to show, catches this nervous habit of hers!  So good.    

I don't think she has a lot of fans behind the scenes.

21 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She does this constantly. Screams and accuses the other panelists, the audience of attacking her, hating Republicans, and when the few times she's called on it, she backtracks and insists she's not accusing her cohosts! She actually called out the producer, Matt, the guy who urges the audience to clap, as being responsible for the audience clapping.

She can't handle being confronted with her own words.  I'm guessing she was never part of a debate team.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, backformore said:

I hope you guys were all thinking about me today when Meghan started with her "42%blahblahblah44%blahblahblahblahtrumpsupportersthinkblahblahblah"  

I think Joy was thinking about you today because she questioned where the poll comes from and other details. Then Sunny actually stole one of Meghan's tactics and dismissed polls as unreliable anyway after 2016, which left McCain completely flummoxed because she couldn't argue with something she's said regularly. Funny to me that on one hand Meghan will scream about how "most people according to x statistic from God knows where" believe everything is fake, but will hold onto her selective statistics that benefit her "tribe" with a death grip. If the statistics were reported by the media and she thinks the media is fake news....? Here I am trying to reconcile the nonsense when I know she doesn't care about what is true or makes sense. Lies are her only business.

I took today as another fluffer show to improve McCain's image. She didn't argue anything, brought up her father's illness several times as if she'd rehearsed lines, etc. etc. Sorry about your father, but my opinion of you is still the same, RBM.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Barfing behind a couch is the escapism that is needed in people lives. One of the brain trusts said their success is because they are so real spoken through duck lips false eyelashes and ginormous implants. They will be excited to bring next generation In to this. What more is there to say about them? Should they be able  go to WH dinner?? 

This is so true, athousandclowns! I had to laugh at that comment about this ditzy group being so "real". I can imagine that watching the Jersey dolts would bring me way further down if I were depressed, but Meghan uses them to cheer herself. Go figure.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Meghan reminded me of a thirteen year old today with her fast talking vocal fry, inserting "actually" and "like" repeatedly when explaining Trump's poll numbers, and glorifying herself as a political expert. Then the high pitched screeching introduction of the Jersey Shore group and over the top fawning was just too much. She is the most unprofessional host I've ever seen on a talk show. 

Wendy Williams

• Love 6
1 hour ago, pinguina said:

Something that MM said today along the lines - People need to be talk to each other in a calm, adult manner when they disagree, and listen to opposing views. 

I almost fell off my couch when she came out with that one.

• Love 9

The problem with Meghan trying to explain Trump's base is that she doesn't fit the criteria for most of his base.  The majority of his base live in middle america, are blue collar/working class, and have struggled to make ends meet after years of outsourcing of American jobs, etc.  Meghan can only speak for the base that is upper class and wealthy... so she maybe could say she could speak for some of his base.. or even say her theory on why his base follows him.. but she can't say she is trying to explain his base.

Also, I laughed at how she said the Housewives are a positive representation of women... yes, they're not docile and quiet.. but there is this thing called 'a time and a place'.  Whoopi dismissing what Jillian said about Andy Cohen having disdain for women was uncalled for.  What the women at the table fail to understand is that they're celebrities and that he's partly sucking up to them so they can be guests on his show.  Meghan saying Andy likes her just confirms my belief that he likes women that are mean spirited, controlled by emotion, etc.  He usually doesn't know how o handle a housewife that is thoughtful and intelligent (I.e. Joyce from season 4 of RHOBH).

Sara and Sunny at Disney World was so fun!  I had a feeling Sara would win that game, so once she won.. I knew that Sara would be taking Sunny on that rollercoaster LOL  Typical of Meghan to try to make that segment all about her and not being invited.  Sara covered by saying that seeing Sunny's reaction was too much of an opportunity to pass up (but I think she knows Meghan is a killjoy... while Sunny is a good sport :)

• Love 18

Pretty childish of Whoopi to fixate on the word subpoena. I'd bet most of us are familiar with the word and usually don't giggle like a prepubescent upon hearing it. Thank goodness Putin didn't come up for discussion.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

45/43/41 isn't even Trump's all time high. IIRC, he was somewhere around 50 right after the election. I'm glad Joy called her out on that because fuck Meghan and her lies. 

Regarding polls, Nixon was still in the high 40s when the Watergate hearings began. That quickly plummeted to 30 by the end of that summer.

In my mind I saw this sentence as "You're smarter than that".

• Love 2
1 hour ago, backformore said:

When Meghan says that trumps approval rating is 40%, I want Joy to point out that it means 60% of people do not approve of him.

Tina Fey in her Weekend Update had a classic joke about the George W. Bush administration celebrating a 50% approval rating. "Or, as teachers would call it, an F."

• Love 23
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Pretty childish of Whoopi to fixate on the word subpoena. I'd bet most of us are familiar with the word and usually don't giggle like a prepubescent upon hearing it. Thank goodness Putin didn't come up for discussion.

would that be the pianist Putin?  :)  child, I know heehee 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

Thank you.  When she brings this up, I want to scream, so what!

Just because his base doesn't care doesn't mean it's not important. They didn't care that he admitted to sexual assault,  they didn't care that he mocked a disabled man, they didn't care that he thought John McCain wasn't a winner (or whatever he said) because he was captured.  All those thing and many many more were important and showed us who Trump was . They ignored them for reason I'll never understand and clearly Megan can't explain. The investigation is important and will go on no matter how many times Megan says his base doesn't care. Meghan should be asking herself why they don't care. Not telling us they don't care.  We know they don't , we got it. Doesn't change that I do care about the investigation.  

Full disclosure.  I watch Jersey shore and agree with Meghan it is escape tv. After hours of news and reading about this administration. I need to just watch people be foolish. I wouldn't call myself a fan but I watch.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 12
28 minutes ago, backformore said:

When I read this, I pictured Meghan at Disney world looking for the Republican attractions.

She hangs out at the Hall of Presidents for hours, buys a souvenir toy musket to celebrate the second amendment. Then she gets her Mickey mouse ears with "conservative" embroidered on the back instead of her name. She goes over to EPCOT and refuses to visit the other countries in World Showcase, stays in the America pavilion the whole time. She wants to see the Frozen attraction in Norway, but she has to walk the long way around, to avoid passing Mexico. Every time she has to wait in line she mutters that she's being mistreated because she's a republican.

On the way out, Sara pushes her in a fountain.

You win the internet today, Back.  Brilliant!

• Love 13

I thought Meghan was in her element with the Jersey Shore kids...(most are older than me, but whatever). I kind of feel like she's been forced into the political spectrum due to her father, but she'd be better suited for an entertainment correspondent or someone who talks about reality TV. It's not unheard of political people's kids doing this. In Canada we have Ben Mulroney who was part of Etalk (I don't know if he still does it) but he's done entertainment pieces for a long time now.

Meghan looked happier and knowledgeable when talking to the Jersey Shore people.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Ohboy said:

There was absolutely no reason for Meghan to ask Sunny if she were a journalist in the context of what Sunny was talking about. 

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I thought Meghan was in her element with the Jersey Shore kids...(most are older than me, but whatever). I kind of feel like she's been forced into the political spectrum due to her father, but she'd be better suited for an entertainment correspondent or someone who talks about reality TV. It's not unheard of political people's kids doing this. In Canada we have Ben Mulroney who was part of Etalk (I don't know if he still does it) but he's done entertainment pieces for a long time now.

Meghan looked happier and knowledgeable when talking to the Jersey Shore people.

I wouldn't say forced since she's mentioned before that her sister has chosen to stay completely out of her spotlight while she chose to become actively involved in politics and be part of her father's political career. Either Meghan just has a desire to be in front of cameras, or maybe Meghan's lighter side is just a result of talking about something that she can't or is willing not to politicize and make it about a Republican perspective. Or maybe it's a bit of both. Either way, I think Meghan as a host is more tolerable when discussing non-political things because she's not great at framing solid arguments or handling opposing opinions without exhibiting immature and emotional behaviour. 

12 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

There was absolutely no reason for Meghan to ask Sunny if she were a journalist in the context of what Sunny was talking about. 

And with Meghan, there's always that little problem of tone.

• Love 19
(edited)
9 hours ago, OnTime said:

Meghan believes her own fiction, that she is a "political analyst'.

Who (besides herself) has EVER called her a political analyst?   Does she think if she says it often enough, it will become fact?   I think she can still insert information (true or not) into her own Wikipedia page.  If she does it quickly; someone might hire her for a big time analyst job*...elections are on the horizon.

*Obviously it would have to involve television appearances.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Andy is a well known suck-up who knows how to play the game (and he has an assistant for note-sending, etc.).

• Love 14
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I wouldn't say forced since she's mentioned before that her sister has chosen to stay completely out of her spotlight while she chose to become actively involved in politics and be part of her father's political career. Either Meghan just has a desire to be in front of cameras, or maybe Meghan's lighter side is just a result of talking about something that she can't or is willing not to politicize and make it about a Republican perspective. Or maybe it's a bit of both. Either way, I think Meghan as a host is more tolerable when discussing non-political things because she's not great at framing solid arguments or handling opposing opinions without exhibiting immature and emotional behaviour. 

I don't mean forced as in she was forced, but I think she wanted to be on TV and felt like she had to go into politics because of who her father is. She may actually like politics, but she shined during the Jersey Shore segment.

• Love 3