Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/30/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

She is terrified of Kathy Griffin.

I don't think she is!  She's so delusional, she thinks she can hold her own with wittier/smarter people.

• Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

.  Since "FoxNews" is actually in the entertainment business, not the news business, maybe all those percentages of people who don't trust the media are talking about Fox News, not actual journalists. 

That was my take.  Fox has been doing fake news for decades.

I wonder what Meghan did with all her words for Kathy Griffin.  Probably put them in the fridge to save for the next liberal guest so they don't go bad.

Serena's baby is adorable. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15
20 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

He also repudiated her in public, on his show. He could have expressed his disagreement, as required, by his employers, without, making it personal.  He did not have to end their friendship.  

Sometimes friends do something so distasteful or against your values, you have to dump them.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

That was my take.  Fox has been doing fake news for decades.

"Fake news" and "alternative facts" only became a thing when this administration wanted to discount what was being reported.

• Love 18
24 minutes ago, backformore said:

PLUS -  Stop quoting statistics, Meghan, without backing it up with - who was polled, what were the questions, how exactly were the questions worded, when did this survey take place?   Because 77%, 88%, 66% - means nothing without context.  Since "FoxNews" is actually in the entertainment business, not the news business, maybe all those percentages of people who don't trust the media are talking about Fox News, not actual journalists. 

Meghan was trying to make it sound like people are distrusting certain news organizations (and I'm sure we know which ones) but like you said Backformore those statistics were probably talking about all news organizations.  And  nowadays just about anyone and anything can call themselves a new organization.  Millions of people get there news from Facebook.  Is Facebook a news organization?

• Love 11

Fake news and the mainstream media having a liberal bias was a Breitbart talking point for years and years. It’s how they were trying to legitimize their spin and rile up the Tea Party. Trump got it from there and now it’s gone viral.

I do think the question of whether people trust the news media is very vague. I have a parent who seems to think the phrase “social media” refers to the news. I personally don’t trust Fox, Conservative News Network, Breitbart, Infowars, and probably others I see people online reference but I am blanking on right now. I generally trust mainstream news agencies otherwise, with the knowledge that they can sometimes be manipulated, rush to put out a story too quickly, and sometimes just make mistakes. I’d guess quite a few people feel similarly, and in a general question about whether they trust the news, maybe not clearly be able to say yes. Basically, it’s too complex and nuanced and I think the hosts missed that when they discussed it today. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Sometimes friends do something so distasteful or against your values, you have to dump them.

That's true. And sometimes people are two-faced, which is how I see Anderson at this point.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, bannana said:

And it is funny cause she actually looked pretty good at the WHCD.  Not her usual school marm look, and no pearls in sight.  And she smiled a few times.

I heard (I need to find the articles) that at the awards portion of the WHCD--and the awards and scholarship are what the dinner is really all about...others stood up for the winners, but Miss Sarah did not.  Kind of obvious at a head table.  Any truth to that?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:
9 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

There is the desperate Clay...

Still hard to believe. And he defends the vile things she says, too.

I've said many times I simply do not understand that friendship.  

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Watchingtv said:

Fake news and the mainstream media having a liberal bias was a Breitbart talking point for years and years. It’s how they were trying to legitimize their spin and rile up the Tea Party. Trump got it from there and now it’s gone viral.

I do think the question of whether people trust the news media is very vague. I have a parent who seems to think the phrase “social media” refers to the news. I personally don’t trust Fox, Conservative News Network, Breitbart, Infowars, and probably others I see people online reference but I am blanking on right now. I generally trust mainstream news agencies otherwise, with the knowledge that they can sometimes be manipulated, rush to put out a story too quickly, and sometimes just make mistakes. I’d guess quite a few people feel similarly, and in a general question about whether they trust the news, maybe not clearly be able to say yes. Basically, it’s too complex and nuanced and I think the hosts missed that when they discussed it today. 

To be fair, that talking point goes back, as far as, Nixon. In fact, he lamented, not having a news organization, where he could disseminate his versions of the facts. He too hated the mainstream media, railed against them and was friends with the late Roger Ailes who later created Fox news...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I heard (I need to find the articles) that at the awards portion of the WHCD--and the awards and scholarship are what the dinner is really all about...others stood up for the winners, but Miss Sarah did not.  Kind of obvious at a head table.  Any truth to that?

She stood up for certain award winners. When Jake Tapper and other CNN journalists won an award, she remained seated while everyone else at the table stood up.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

What also upset me is that she has as her mission, telling us what republicans think.   No, Meghan.  the show is The View.  Tell us what YOU think, not what MAGA-hat wearing guys at the gas station think, not what "pundints"  think, not what your father, husband, or friends think. 

This reminds me of Elisabeth who always had a "friend" she would use when she wanted to say something without having to say it was her who felt or believed something.  

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She does not have a legitimate point of view. She has to always spit the party line.

Makes me wonder if she hadn't been born into that family if she would still have the same views.  Nature vs nurture.

• Love 7

When I give someone a gift (this includes my time to go buy it, wrap it and often mail it) I would expect to get a thank you note. Now I say, "expect" because I rarely get one.

I think it really is sad that it seems like a big deal to write a thank you note, when it takes five minutes.

I can't remember who (maybe Sara...) acted like it was an effort to write a thank you note.  I don't have the energy to watch it again.

• Love 7

Re: KG segment, near the end, she talks about reading a funny death threat in her act. Whoopi says, "and we want to hear more" then KG says, " oh, we are coming back?", WG says "no, we are not coming back"..... blah blah "we'll be right back". Call me petty, but WG has to be the worst "moderator" ever!

• Love 17

Okay guys and gals, this episode sounds like a two martini show, so I shall hold out till, let's say around 4:00 to shake out a couple (hey, I'm retired and could drink all day if I wanted, so I think I'm kinda controlling myself).  I can't wait to see Sunny SHUT HER DOWN! And Rick, welcome aboard, this site is great, I was yapping on it when it use to be called Television Without Pity. Any of you guys remember that site? Great people here! Oh, and Fuck you Meghan. Okay, now I feel better.  Taa Taa.  Burp. ? 

• Love 23

Good god that was fucking mess. For having such great panelists (Joy, Sara and Sunny), why can't they put together a better show? Today perfectly demonstrated why MM has to go. When the discussion turns from a fight about things to a fight about fighting, it's time to change.

• Love 17

I miss Ana from yesterday.  She does not March the party line and can be passionate about something without being disrespectful and unprofessional, so unlike RBM. I have liked Ana ever since she yelled at KellyAnn when "grab em by the pussy" first broke.  If u don't know, Ana and KA and others on a nighttime political show (think it was CNN), Ana kept saying the word Pussy and KA yelled at her to stop cause her daughter was watching and Ana shot back "Your mad/embarrassed at me but it's OK for the guy who wants to become president!" Brilliant, and available on youtube. 

I Tried to quote an earlier poster who also agrees how Ana communicates her feelings well without screeching and talks from the heart,but could not get it to work. I wanted to add I think there is 1 more..Nicole Wallace.  I had no idea who she was when she joined but she was a great change from Elizabeth and better than Jed or Meghan..but of course they fired her. Well thanks View, because now I watch her MSNBC show Deadline:Washington everyday and she is great. 

Other Republicans/conservatives like Nicole and Ana exist, hire them. Don't sell your viewers short, they will watch intelligent debate over a screaming match. Get rid of the twit.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

If u don't know, Ana and KA and others on a nighttime political show (think it was CNN), Ana kept saying the word Pussy and KA yelled at her to stop cause her daughter was watching and Ana shot back "Your mad/embarrassed at me but it's OK for the guy who wants to become president!" Brilliant, and available on youtube. 

I know what you're talking about because I was cheering Ana on through my television screen but the woman was Scottie Neil Hughes, not Kellyanne Conway.

• Love 10

I wish there was a video that showed all of Meghan’s flipflops.  Today she respects journalists, but a couple of months ago she told us this is why I hate journalists! 

Meghan, if it’s “a gift to conservatives” that there’s a backlash to the White House Correspondent’s Dinner, what problems are you trying to get us to sympathize with?  Seriously.  This is their big win? If there really is animosity towards conservatives, it’s because people like Meghan tell audiences their biggest problems are comedians and families wanting to impose gun control.    

Again, Meghan, Flint still needs clean water.  You don’t understand middle class people.

• Love 22
(edited)
3 hours ago, Tanichka said:

I don't think she is!  She's so delusional, she thinks she can hold her own with wittier/smarter people.

I agree, that she's delusional,  Tanichka, and fortunately they keep proving Meh-gan  wrong every single time she tries gotcha questions or phony stats. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 7
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

I miss Ana from yesterday.  She does not March the party line and can be passionate about something without being disrespectful and unprofessional, so unlike RBM. I have liked Ana ever since she yelled at KellyAnn when "grab em by the pussy" first broke.  If u don't know, Ana and KA and others on a nighttime political show (think it was CNN), Ana kept saying the word Pussy and KA yelled at her to stop cause her daughter was watching and Ana shot back "Your mad/embarrassed at me but it's OK for the guy who wants to become president!" Brilliant, and available on youtube. 

I Tried to quote an earlier poster who also agrees how Ana communicates her feelings well without screeching and talks from the heart,but could not get it to work. I wanted to add I think there is 1 more..Nicole Wallace.  I had no idea who she was when she joined but she was a great change from Elizabeth and better than Jed or Meghan..but of course they fired her. Well thanks View, because now I watch her MSNBC show Deadline:Washington everyday and she is great. 

Other Republicans/conservatives like Nicole and Ana exist, hire them. Don't sell your viewers short, they will watch intelligent debate over a screaming match. Get rid of the twit.

She won me over by standing up to the pressure of ignoring the racist rhetoric that “ all Mexican are rapists”.

Too many Rep folded. My hat off to Ana.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh Meggie, Meggie!!  Quoting Tommy Smothers:  "When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished."

That perfectly describes her.  She keeps talking without taking breaths so that nobody can get a word in edgewise and just digs herself into a deeper hole.

• Love 6
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

It is also ridiculous that MM thinks she is speaking for all Republicans, because Nicole & Ana don't follow the party line 100%, nor do they have husbands who provide them with stacks of cue cards full of out-of-context statistics.

Elsa's entire head, neck and arms went red when Sunny mentioned her journalism degree.  Did the twit not bother to read up on her co-panelists' bios before taking the job?  What a twit!

It was nice to have Joy, Sunny & Whoopi call her out for a change but now MM will scream that the entire panel and producers are conspiring against her.  MM should re-watch the show to see that it was she herself that started it all.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 16
Just now, bannana said:

I forgot one:

I JUST WON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL THEN!  WAH WAH WAH!!!!

I know.  Please, Meghan put in your two weeks.  There are many people who aren’t trying to push talking points, who read, who educate themselves, who empathize, who are dying for the job you have.  There are people that will respect their bosses and the company they work for, who won’t allow their husband to publish smear pieces on coworkers, and who won’t undermine their company in public.  

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

I forgot one:

I JUST WON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL THEN!  WAH WAH WAH!!!!

Did she follow through? Or did she just insert: "Can I say something?" Which is the opposite of "I just won't say anything at all then."

• Love 6
23 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree. I can understand him distancing himself in public, but the fact that he would turn a cold shoulder out of self-interest proves he was no real friend to her. Selfishly, I think it was good for Kathy's act that she's learned she will never really be the friend of all the celebs she mocks. She had started to go soft on them the past few years when she got more famous and started rubbing shoulders. Hopefully she'll now go back to reaming them the way she used to.

Also, just my opinion, but I didn't think Kathy should have had to apologize for a joke-gone-wrong then, much less do I care that she took back the apology now.

I find it especially irritating since Anderson isn't a rags to riches person who broke his back working from the ground up and paid his dues.  He came from immense wealth, started as a lame host of a reality show and sort of stumbled into news.  He has the money, influence, and clout to stand by his principles, but he's just a sell out like everyone else.  Disappointing.  I shouldn't be surprised since he's BFFs with Andy Cohen.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did she follow through? Or did she just insert: "Can I say something?" Which is the opposite of "I just won't say anything at all then."

Well, Whoopi said, no, no, that's not it, and tried to talk about how they can all have a conversation.  I didn't rewatch it, but that was the gist.  Then they went to break.  After the break Whoopi lightened the mood considerably by saying they had tweets from people saying that her shirt had a hole in it and now she was taped up.  Elsa said very little for the rest of the show.

• Love 7
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan isn't a journalist so what was she trying to do with that question to Sunny?  Sunny had already mentioned she had been at the dinner so that alone made her opinions of it more valid than Meghan's.  Meghan is a little girl playing a big girl's game and failing at it every day.

Yes, Sunny didn't even need to be a journalist to make the points she made.  It was  a very long event and now everyone wants to cancel it cause they didn't like the comedian.  Or some didn't.

How is it that Elsa doesn't know Sunny is a journalist. She has done investigative stuff that they showed on the View!

2 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

I kind of need a gif of Joy batting her hand at Meghan after telling her that she has no sense of humor.  That as a GIF would represent this season of The View.  

One thing they didn't get to because all of Elsa's meltdown, was what other comics were saying.  I haven't watched the late night shows yet, so I was interested, but they ran out of time because of...Elsa.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, bannana said:

And it is funny cause she actually looked pretty good at the WHCD.  Not her usual school marm look, and no pearls in sight.  And she smiled a few times.

SHS has lovely hair and skin.  My issue with her has nothing to do with her looks, but her defenders always go there.

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, bannana said:

Elsa said very little for the rest of the show.

I know I keep asking this but isn't there someone in Meghan's life who can tell her what a fool she keeps making of herself?  Maybe her husband doesn't care because she seems to be just parroting what he puts out on his blog and I know her parent's have bigger concerns right now but surely she has an agent or manager or friend or someone.

• Love 15

I'm sorry Serena didn't go into more detail about her medical crisis after her C-section. As I understand it, had she not demanded an MRI and a heparin drip she would've died from the pulmonary embolisms (and instead she spent time hawking the anti-scarring patch for which I'm sure she gets compensated). This hits a little close to home. A dear friend lost her beautiful daughter recently due to pulmonary embolisms which caused her brain to stop functioning. Quick diagnosis and appropriate medical treatment could've saved her. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

MM has mentioned her "producer" for the 3rd time today. Is it me or does it sound like she Is setting up someone to throw under the bus for one of her idiotic statements?

Do they each have their own producer, or does Meghan get her own republican producer?

• Love 12