Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/30/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Two of my three friends who had breast reductions were about Meghan's size.  This was over 20 years ago.  They are forever grateful for their decisions...except for the scars (the scars are disappointing).  Let's hope techniques are different today.  Not that I'm suggesting anything.

• Love 3

I like Meghan with her hair down like that. Makes me realize how often she has her hair pulled back. I really loved the colour of Sara's outfit. I loved the coordinated colours of their outfits today but to balance out the colours, I would have had them rearrange their seats...because I can be extra like that, lol.

That Duggar guy is an idiot. Full stop. I would like to know why he thinks that the family he married into was given a platform on TV for several years? Because having a billion kids is so relatable to the rest of North America? His comments did a poor job of hiding his own bigotry. It's not like 70% of the network features a reality show following same sex couples. It's a show that's brought in to diversify their line-up and audience. The network is allowed to recognize the needs and audiences out there and consider ways to be more inclusive to all groups. If you're going to politicize inclusion as being a liberal agenda, then I don't think that speaks too kindly to the values of conservatism because this is about providing platforms to different people to show the world that we are far more similar than we are different.

• Love 7

Megan laughing as she said I'm sorry,  I'm sorry, I'm sorry I don't have any stories for you was transparent.  What she really said was, I am a strong and formidable political analyst and have no time to fit children into my important life.

• Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And yet she sits and defends anti-gay politicians on this show everyday. I wonder why she didn’t list any Republicans? Because the majority still don’t support gay marriage. Own your “tribe,” Meghan.

Yes, but in all fairness, people can belong to a variety of "tribes" and disagree with that tribes stance on gay marriage but still support the tribe.

Using Sunny as an example because I have heard her say she is a devout catholic and she's raising her children in the church. Now as she has said she is pro gay marriage, and I do believe that the Catholic Church still will not perform gay marriages, and catholic charities do not allow gay couples to adopt. But she still identifies herself in that "tribe."

I like to think that most people have a more supportive stance on gay rights, then the official stances of a person's political or religious tribes. But I think a person can disagree with their tribe on certain things but still support and identify themselves as a member of it. 

Edited by Onceafan
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The moment that killed me today was when everyone was laughing and having a good time talking about their children's tantrums and meltdowns, then Whoopi starts to segue into the break and Meghan butts in only to shout, “SORRY! I HAVE NO STORIES!!!!”

That's ok Meghan, we'll give you a pass , but just this one time.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, backformore said:

I've been trying to figure this one out.  True Fiona? 

My apologies, the sentence is screwed up. I meant to write:

True, Fiona. Damn. A comma makes all the difference.

Fiona= Huckabee 

Childish. I know. HMHIS

32 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Having a father who is a politician does not make a political family.  Her brothers are career Navy.

Still her point stands, imo. She was raised in a family where the father is a senator.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 minute ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Who listens to anything the Duggars or spouses say?  Just like Kardashians - if no attention is paid, perhaps they will go away.  (In my dreams!)

Anybody associated with the Duggars is tarred with the brush of the older brother sexually assaulting his sisters and getting away with it.  They all need to shut up.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, backformore said:

If her father had won in his bid for president, her life would have been so much different than it is now.   She wanted to be Ivanka.  In her mind, she would have been a better "First Daughter"  with a role in the White House.  

BINGO!  You've absolutely NAILED it, backformore!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Who listens to anything the Duggars or spouses say?  Just like Kardashians - if no attention is paid, perhaps they will go away.  (In my dreams!)

WOW!!  Another newby.  (They're flocking to help us snark in droves!)  Welcome.

1 minute ago, Tunia said:

BINGO!  You've absolutely NAILED it, backformore!

... and she would have been just as useful (to women) as an empty box of tampons ... LOL!!!

• Love 12
(edited)

When John M retires or expires Megs name will not be as relevant.  She will no longer be rubbing elbows with her father's crowd.  I don't see her being able to have the career she thinks she has, now.  :>

Edited by Wings
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

WOW!!  Another newby.  (They're flocking to help us snark in droves!)  Welcome.

Can’t snark on FB, too many people piling on.  I was told that people like me are what’s wrong with the world!  Sigh.  It was just a fashion critique, more helpful than nasty.  Lol

• Love 9
(edited)
3 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Can’t snark on FB, too many people piling on.  I was told that people like me are what’s wrong with the world!  Sigh.  It was just a fashion critique, more helpful than nasty.  Lol

FB can attract vicious posters.  In the Trading Spaces page someone went off on a very mild critique.  We do fashion critiques here everyday and they are all helpful!  Welcome. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The moment that killed me today was when everyone was laughing and having a good time talking about their children's tantrums and meltdowns, then Whoopi starts to segue into the break and Meghan butts in only to shout, “SORRY! I HAVE NO STORIES!!!!” *fake, twitchy laughter* If she felt that left out of it, she could have just recounted her own childish tantrums on the show last week, considering she's the overgrown child of her family.

6 hours ago, backformore said:

On the topic of gay marriage: Meghan says "I was in favor of gay marriage before Barack Obama, before Hillary Clinton, blahblah"  (like Meghan held some political office where her opinion mattered) 

On the topic of silly things that kids get upset about : Meghan says "I don't have kids, I don't have a story to add!"  

Guess what, Meghan?  Neither of these stories are ABOUT YOU.  Stop trying to make everything about YOU.  

Doesn't Meghan have younger siblings? None of them cried over anything goofy? I'm glad I wasn't the only one really annoyed by this. I thought I was overreacting to Meghan's killjoy attitude. She's starting to get into bitch eating crackers territory for me, so I might be losing perspective. 

5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Whoopi's daughter was upset she wasn't invited to "Bring you child to work day".  Not surprised at all but for fuck sake she isn't a child.

I thought Whoopi/Alex was kidding. It sounded like something I would say to my mother as a joke.

• Love 11
(edited)

Why are we supposed to care that Meghan “came out” for gay marriage before Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Joe Biden? Oh good for you, Meghan!  Here is your prize!

You care so much about gay couples that I’m sure there’s no possible way you’re married to someone who believes gay marriage is a risk to liberty. Meghan wanted gay couples to have love; Obama, Hillary Biden, on the other hand, are the “secular left” who supported a movement for the “the destruction of all family units and the elimination of publicly practiced religion. No families and no God but only the state” (source of quote is an unnamed author from The Federalist).  

Edited by Jan Levenson
  • Love 13

Good God from Zion RBM, I have no children and  I have stories about my nephew and also my great nephew I could tell, you don't? And girl, they are hysterical, know why, because I actually love children, as long as they aren't mine.  Oh please bitch.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Can’t snark on FB, too many people piling on.  I was told that people like me are what’s wrong with the world!  

People like you, and a lot of us here aren't what's wrong with the world , we're what's right with the world. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, backformore said:

On the topic of gay marriage: Meghan says "I was in favor of gay marriage before Barack Obama, before Hillary Clinton, blahblah"  (like Meghan held some political office where her opinion mattered) 

On the topic of silly things that kids get upset about : Meghan says "I don't have kids, I don't have a story to add!"  

Guess what, Meghan?  Neither of these stories are ABOUT YOU.  Stop trying to make everything about YOU.  

Exactly lol.  What regular person talks about gay marriage starting their commentary with “I’ve been pro gay marriage before it was cool I came out for gay marriage before Obama!”  Like what?  Meghan everything about you sounds out of touch with anyone who hasn’t grown up reading talking points before “Goodnight Moon.” 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

What regular person talks about gay marriage starting their commentary with “I’ve been pro gay marriage before it was cool I came out for gay marriage before Obama!”

How old was she when she came out for gay marriage?  I'm not sure that 5-year olds are that aware.  I could be wrong, though.  I'm sure MM is super tuned in to this sort of thing.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I joined a "The View" group on FB a couple years ago. I've only commented a few times and only check in occasionally. The past couple times I've peeked in since RBM joined the show people have been obsessed with if she's pregnant, trying to get pregnant and how she's changed the wording when it comes to what she says in regards to kids. A few people claimed that she's started to say "When I have kids...". One guy said she needed to have a couple to bring her down a few notches.

There are plenty of other things to criticize, analyze and call out RBM over then what she does or doesn't do when it comes to kids. It was creepy to me that so many people seemed so obsessed over it.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I joined a "The View" group on FB a couple years ago. I've only commented a few times and only check in occasionally. The past couple times I've peeked in since RBM joined the show people have been obsessed with if she's pregnant, trying to get pregnant and how she's changed the wording when it comes to what she says in regards to kids. A few people claimed that she's started to say "When I have kids...". One guy said she needed to have a couple to bring her down a few notches.

There are plenty of other things to criticize, analyze and call out RBM over then what she does or doesn't do when it comes to kids. It was creepy to me that so many people seemed so obsessed over it.

Usually the FB posts are either insane or sucking up.  As for MM & whether or not she is pregnant - yawn!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

4 hours ago, Wings said:

FB can attract vicious posters.  In the Trading Spaces page someone went off on a very mild critique.  We do fashion critiques here everyday and they are all helpful!  Welcome. 

3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Hey WarnerCL: you can snark all you want here, we hate her with a white hot blast from God.....and and and. we hate her clothes and ugly face too.  YOU ARE WELCOME HERE HONEY CHILD.

Then they say, "If you don't like the show, then why do you watch it?!"  or  "If you don't like her, then don't follow her on social media!"

Don't they understand hate-watching. It's a thing!

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Then they say, "If you don't like the show, then why do you watch it?!"  or  "If you don't like her, then don't follow her on social media!"

Don't they understand hate-watching. It's a thing!

The ones that really grate are the ones who say,  "women should support other women"  Why?  Why support idiots?  Or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

What's the saying?  If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me. ?

That's what I always say!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Two of my three friends who had breast reductions were about Meghan's size.  This was over 20 years ago.  They are forever grateful for their decisions...except for the scars (the scars are disappointing).  Let's hope techniques are different today.  Not that I'm suggesting anything.

I think Meghan is just like Sherri and wouldn't even consider a reduction.

She loves her body size and doesn't care that she is overweight, which is fine.  But she can certainly dress better and stop the skin tight outfits.

• Love 8

I had hoped to weigh in after Meghan came unglued about Joy's birthday greeting to Melania.  Meghan's barely concealed rage just eclipses any comment she makes in my experience.  I surely hope that she is eased out soon; perhaps upon her father's passing.  She reminds me of Reagan's daughter, Maureen, who also seemed unable to establish herself and define her own identity.  Anyone else recall her failed Senate bid in CA?  I greatly miss Nicole Wallace, however she seems to have found a powerful niche at MSNBC now. If Ana is provided an opportunity to replace Meghan, I think The View will have achieved a pretty effective balance which would certainly appeal to me, a viewer who has hung in with this show since it's inception.  Thank goodness Joy came back.  I'd welcome the return of Lisa Ling too!

• Love 15
11 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

The ones that really grate are the ones who say,  "women should support other women"  Why?  Why support idiots?  Or am I missing something?

Why should women support a woman who doesn't support other women? I don't believe Meghan is a friend to women anymore than she's a LGBT ally when she defends and advertises politicians who are blatant in their attempts to destroy the rights of both groups.

• Love 24
15 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

stop giving these horrible, no talent, people/shows a platform. this shit is turning us into a nation of morons.

• Love 19
10 hours ago, OnTime said:

I think Meghan is just like Sherri and wouldn't even consider a reduction.

She loves her body size and doesn't care that she is overweight, which is fine.  But she can certainly dress better and stop the skin tight outfits.

Didn't I read or hear somewhere that when she was younger she thought her mother should have helped her slim down instead of finding clothes that fit her body?  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Why should women support a woman who doesn't support other women? I don't believe Meghan is a friend to women anymore than she's a LGBT ally when she defends and advertises politicians who are blatant in their attempts to destroy the rights of both groups.

Her idol Elisabeth was the same way.  Supported politicians who supported policies that marginalized women but yet wanted "her sisters" to come to her defense when she felt like she was being picked on.

Meghan might think because she believes in equality for the LGBT community she is supporting them but she is not.  Her tribe continues to do whatever they can to continue the inequality so she is just all talk and no action.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Her idol Elisabeth was the same way.  Supported politicians who supported policies that marginalized women but yet wanted "her sisters" to come to her defense when she felt like she was being picked on.

Meghan might think because she believes in equality for the LGBT community she is supporting them but she is not.  Her tribe continues to do whatever they can to continue the inequality so she is just all talk and no action.

Exactly.  

4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

• Love 2
16 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Whoopi, Alex - it's not going to happen. Give it up. The two stories about Whoopi not bringing Alex to 'take your children to work day" were two stories too much. 

It's Brian's fault . . . it's Candy's fault. Why can't she get on the plane using mom's money and visit her and be on the show with the kids. Jeez!

• Love 2
(edited)

I may be wrong--and if there's one thing she's proven while being on the show, it's that she has no self-control--but I have a feeling McCain will try to be on her best behavior throughout May sweeps. Emphasis on 'try.' I wonder how long it'll take her to crack.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
EmphasIS
  • Love 6

During the clip of Sarah Sanders, Meghan was tripping on her words to avoid saying that Sanders is lying. "She is spinning", "she has difficulty giving the message when not clear to her"...yeah she LIES.  Michelle Wolf said SHS burned lies into that smokey eye, and certain journalist and RBM attacked her for saying SHS lies right to her face...it's like yesterday the light came on and they finally agreed!

Next:  I can't believe MM admitted she has no sense of humor "I own that". Who had a talk with her.

Finally: I turned on the view today hoping they would discuss the NRA convention where Trump  and Pence are speaking. There will be No Guns allowed and parkland students rightfully criticized those who claim More Guns More Safe are being hypocrites. (Maybe Monday..well MM won't be there Monday). I think I am waiting for someone to confront MM if her foaming at the mouth loyalty has anything to do with the $7.7 million the NRA gave her dad over the years, putting him top of the list. I don't recall her discussing it when Parkland student David  Hong first questioned her father about it in March.

• Love 14

I agreed with Joy and I was glad that she declined to do the roast. When you work on a network, anything you say can go viral, and people who disagree will go after the sponsors of your show., and that could end up getting you fired. It really isn't worth it in my opinion to put your job at risk, especially when roasts tend to be more darker jokes, and people get so offended at the drop of a hat. But there are times in a roast when I feel that a line does get crossed.

I wanted to hear from Whoopi on this, with all the trouble she and Ted Danson got into awhile back at the roast. I understand jokes being darker, but for me that was the line that was crossed, when a white man, dressed in black face, eating a watermelon, and using the N word.  I just can't find that under and circumstances funny.

• Love 11
(edited)
34 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I may be wrong--and if there's one thing she's proven while being on the show, it's that she has no self-control--but I have a feeling McCain will try to be on her best behavior throughout May sweeps. Emphasize on 'try.' I wonder how long it'll take her to crack.

I bet she feels she is doing well and her behavior is supported by her tribe!  She claims she is the biggest hawk on TV.  

13 minutes ago, SoapySales said:

Meghan misused the word recourse today. I think she meant repercussions.  But she is a political "pundint," y'all.

I wish we had a thread for her misuse of words, it would be fun and I cannot remember them all. 

I love your user name.  Soupy was my neighbor in a Detroit suburb back when he was doing the show.   It is fun to watch a rerun or two that they are airing now. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
(edited)

Poor Meghan, having to sit there while everyone else shared stories with Charlize Theron about motherhood. I'm surprised she didn't interrupt to point out yet again that she doesn't want children. 

Maybe she reads this forum.

Heh, she did assure us her absence doesn't mean she was fired.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

I bet she feels she is doing well and that her behavior is supported by her tribe.  She claims she is the biggest hawk on TV.  

6 minutes ago, Wings said:

I bet she feels she is doing well and that her behavior is supported by her tribe.  She claims she is the biggest hawk on TV.  

And an expert. And a pundint. And a political analyst.   Yeah, right.  Go away.

• Love 8