"The View": Week Of 4/30/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday
Kathy Griffin; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday:
Serena Williams (“Being Serena”)

Wednesday:
 Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Jenni “JWOWW” Farley, Deena Nicole Cortese, Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio, Vinny Guadagnino, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino (“Jersey Shore Family Vacation”)

Thursday:
Priyanka Chopra (ABC’s “Quantico”); original moderator of “The View” Meredith Vieira and her husband, Richard M. Cohen (“Chasing Hope”)

Friday:
Charlize Theron (“Tully”)

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

If Meghan likes the Housewives, then she'll like the kids over at the Jersey Shore.

Not going to lie, when it first came on it was super popular so I checked it out only to wonder why people enjoyed watching people get drunk and hook up. After Snooki got punched the show became a sensation. I don't know what that says about us as people if you can get famous through this.

• Love 6

Meghan will so be there on monday (cause of kathy Griffin...and you know kathy will filet her)...and Wednesday since she had said she loved Jersey Shore growing up.  If ever there was an argument at the damage reality shows do to people and society, meghan is who I'd present as exhibit B proving my point.

I'd love if meredith came back on a Friday..and took the moderator seat...a flashback Friday.  Meghan seemed almost polite to Meredith so I would be interested to see how Meredith as moderator would handle Meghan.  If I recall, she handled Bitzy quite well back in the day.

• Love 4

I would place a bet about whether or not Joy will point out that Snookie isn't really of Italian descent (she's adopted and of Portuguese Chilean descent), but it's a sucker's bet. No one would bet against me.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I can't wait for Kathy dragging Meghan.

I can feel the inevitable hissy fit meltdown already. 

3 hours ago, bannana said:

It's great that KG will be there Monday when they talk about the WHCD and the crazy uproar over Michelle Wolf's comedy.

Yasssss. Kathy is the perfect comedian to have on the show after Michelle’s performance on Saturday. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I would place a bet about whether or not Joy will point out that Snookie isn't really of Italian descent (she's adopted and of Portuguese descent), but it's a sucker's bet. No one would bet against me.

No, she’s of Chilean descent-Joy pointed that out when news of the reboot came out a few months ago.

• Love 3

I’m in the minority here but I do watch Jersey Shore. I hate it. Idk WHY I watch it. Years ago I lived vicariously through them. I don’t watch any other reality series but I do watch them. I hate myself for watching it and you all can judge me accordingly. ??‍♀️??‍♀️?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I’m in the minority here but I do watch Jersey Shore. I hate it. Idk WHY I watch it. Years ago I lived vicariously through them. I don’t watch any other reality series but I do watch them. I hate myself for watching it and you all can judge me accordingly. ??‍♀️??‍♀️?

I watched the original Jersey Shore &, although sometimes appalled, I found it interesting.  (I'm not that interested in the new show!!)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I watched the original Jersey Shore &, although sometimes appalled, I found it interesting.  (I'm not that interested in the new show!!)

You make me feel better for watching it LOL. It’s not interesting. Idk why I watch it. Someone snap me out of it, please. LOL

6 hours ago, Tosia said:

Oh Alexis2291, don't feel bad, I think we posters and lurkers on this site totally understand hate watching.

Hate watching = my speciality. ?

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I would place a bet about whether or not Joy will point out that Snookie isn't really of Italian descent (she's adopted and of Portuguese descent), but it's a sucker's bet. No one would bet against me.

No, she’s of Chilean descent-Joy pointed that out when news of the reboot came out a few months ago.

Oops. Brain fart. I'll correct the original post.

I would have had more respect for Kathy if she had owned the Trump thing.  But she lawyered up & appeared crying & whining about how her friends had deserted her.  Can’t have it both ways, Kathy.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tanichka said:

I would have had more respect for Kathy if she had owned the Trump thing.  But she lawyered up & appeared crying & whining about how her friends had deserted her.  Can’t have it both ways, Kathy.  

Everything about that was a just one big mistake.  From start to finish it was a publicity nightmare.  I like Kathy but that was not one of her finer moments.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Tanichka said:

Agreed. She was already two knees deep, she might as well had just ran with it. I do understand she was thinking of her career since so many venues were canceling on her. I think she was just at that time trying to just have all the attacks (from all sides)  be over and all so in a sense I can understand why she apolologized. But no matter what she did, she was still ostracized so she may as well had owned it.

I'm really tempted to record today's episode just so I can see how nasty Meghan will be in Hot Topics caping for poor victim Sanders. I also would like to see how she treats Kathy - remember Elisabeth was awful to Kathy and since Meghan so badly wants to be like Hasselbeck I'm sure she will have her barbs ready. I hope Kathy is equally ready for her.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

what happened to kathy griffin's hair? is she ill?  i hope not. 

She shaved it when her sister was sick and subsequently died of breast cancer. It’s been a while so maybe she is keeping it short. 

• Love 9

No, Meghan today? Such a pity. I was looking forward to reading this thread for the blow by blow of Kathy and Meghan. I thought the View was all about making sparks. 

Edited by jonesingjay
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Stacee said:

I'm really tempted to record today's episode just so I can see how nasty Meghan will be in Hot Topics caping for poor victim Sanders.

No Meghan today. I agree with what you all said about Kathy, I just wanted Meghan to be there today to watch her lose her mind over the Michelle Wolf thing.

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

She shaved it when her sister was sick and subsequently died of breast cancer. It’s been a while so maybe she is keeping it short. 

Also, she usually wore wigs on TV and personal appearances.  It's probably a relief to be natural.

• Love 8

I have a feeling Meghan will be out for a while. 

Medicine, Joy said "People who live in glass houses should get dressed in the basement."

Ana is on fire today. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Stacee said:

Agreed. She was already two knees deep, she might as well had just ran with it. I do understand she was thinking of her career since so many venues were canceling on her. I think she was just at that time trying to just have all the attacks (from all sides)  be over and all so in a sense I can understand why she apolologized. But no matter what she did, she was still ostracized so she may as well had owned it.

Although she was a willing participant (probably gleefully willing), the creator/photographer had no backlash.  He went on with his successful career as if nothing had happened.

• Love 14

Whoopi told Sunny that she's not dismissing women who come forward with stories about sexual assault but it sure did sound that way. She always dismisses women when they talk about famous people and sexual assault but she does so in a very subtle way.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 8

Kathy: "I've performed for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan... two places trump has never been and cant find on a map."

Did they say that there were decapitated Hillary likenesses/ masks and those people got away with it?

I kind of liked Whoopi's clutching- her-pearls gesture.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Whoopi told Sunny that she's not dismissing women who come forward with stories about sexual assault but it sure did sound that way. She always dismisses women when they talk about famous people and sexual assault but she does so in a very subtle way. Bill Cosby comes to mind.

I'm glad Sunny stood apart from the rest of the table. They were all so eager to sweep the Brokaw story under a rug, but Sunny wasn't having it.

Kathy Griffin was hyper like she always is, just like Mario Cantone. I appreciated Ana saying she didn't deserve to have her entire career defined by one moment.

2 hours ago, ari333 said:

Kathy: "I've performed for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan... two places trump has never been and cant find on a map."

Did they say that there were decapitated Hillary masks and those people got away with it?

I kind of liked Whoopi's clutching- her-pearls gesture.

Yes, Kathy brought it up. As for Whoopi's pearl-clutching face, I thought she looked like Lambchop.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm glad Sunny stood apart from the rest of the table. They were all so eager to sweep the Brokaw story under a rug, but Sunny wasn't having it.

Kathy Griffin was hyper like she always is, just like Mario Cantone. I appreciated Ana saying she didn't deserve to have her entire career defined by one moment.

Yes, Kathy brought it up. As for Whoopi's pearl-clutching face, I thought she looked like Lambchop.

She also brought up, President Obama, being lynched in effigy.. That was so disturbing on so many levels. Nobody lost their mind over that.. The people had Obama dolls, with a rope around his neck..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 22

Aw, the head shot photos are adorable. My favorite is Joy's - she's gorgeous.

4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Kathy Griffin was hyper like she always is, just like Mario Cantone.

LOL that's a good comparison.

5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I appreciated Ana saying she didn't deserve to have her entire career defined by one moment.

I agree but I still don't think she should've done it. It wasn't funny and didn't accomplish anything. IIRC, when it first happened, all of the ladies at the table agreed that it just wasn't funny.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Well done, Richard, it took an "intervention" to get The Whoopster off discounting what those poor women had to endure.  I wonder how she's feeling about "Guilty x 3" the old bastard got last week???

Thank you. 

The only negative thing about making the video was the disgusting racists it brought out in the comments section. 

As for today's episode, I'm extremely disappointed that Meghan wasn't there to "have words for" Kathy Griffin. I had the popcorn all ready! 

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I didn't find a lot of what Michelle Wolfe said funny.  I do think if she had been a man there wouldn't be such an outcry.

Or if the targets of her jokes were men instead of SHS and KAC there wouldn't be such pearl clutching.

• Love 18