Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/23/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Morgalisa said:

Her bio on Twitter says she is a "Blonde Republican." WTF?

There is a great scene in the movie Heartburn (which is about Nora Ephron's marriage to Carl Bernstein) where the characters were at dinner and they each had to describe themselves with three words.  Meryl Streep playing Nora said pregnant, happy and I can't remember the third word.  I can totally see Meghan using blonde and Republican as words to describe herself.  

For the record my three words are mother, smart and shoes.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And yet she proves herself wrong each day.

But I don't think she ever feels enlightened when others correct her or provide a perspective that strongly challenges her point of view. By her own admission, she enjoys the combative part of discussion but often times doesn't know how to do it maturely and when she's called out, she just goes mute. I personally think that Sara and Sunny are the most effective discussion contributors in the way they listen and deliver their responses but Sara always tops my list because even with her understanding demeanor, she's not afraid to take in what someone is saying and right after say 'hmm, I hadn't even thought of it like that'. If Meghan is going to be so bullheaded about how she engages on certain issues, then it would at least be somewhat redeeming if she could listen, consider and acknowledge the other point of view rather than just sit silent. It just comes across as cowardly.

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Wings said:

I have not seen any praise for her here.  In comparison to Elsa, her calm delivery is better.   

There has been "some" praise for Paula, not a lot.  I'm a big fan myself.  I love her humor, humility and professionalism.   

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

Ugh. I know she's popular here, but I don't like Paula. 

I never liked Paula, and was happy when she mostly went away.  However, now that MM has arrived on the scene, suddenly Paula doesn't seem so bad.  

56 minutes ago, piano said:

Is there any possibility that the producers tell Meghan to act this way in order to gain ratings?  I'm not defending her at all, however, if the powers that be see great ratings they're more likely to keep this twit on for another season.

I don't doubt that the producers encourage some of her behaviour.  I mean, how many times did she sputter about it being "her job" to explain things/her side. 

18 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Joy played it off after the incident, but I noticed that she was kind of subdued and her body language was closed off.  It's the first time I recall seeing Joy cross her arms.  She is usually very relaxed and open.  I think Meghan caught her completely off guard.  As she did me as well.  It was such an unexpected attack and not  warranted in any way.  She needs anger management.  And she definitely needs to apologize to Joy.  For someone so privileged, she is awfully angry and lacking in grace.

It was totally an unexpected reaction to a unoffensive, jokey comment.  No wonder Joy was taken aback by MM's insane response!

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, Wings said:

Why the ugh for Biggs?  I know nothing about him but his name is familiar.  

I just never liked him in any role, and he seems to be kind of a jerk even when he's not playing the part of a jerk. He's made stupid insensitive jokes, and comes across like he thinks very highly of himself.

He was in the American pie movies, and he was the worst part of an excellent show on Netflix, Orange is the New Black.  I almost stopped watching that show  because he was so awful, but I'm glad I stuck it out. After the first season he was rarely in it.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

Me neither.  Especially after she tried a gotcha question with Michael Avenatti about Stormy's husband and he had to set her straight.  Hee.

Is there a theory as to why Sunny acts so girlish and coy and clueless on The View?  I saw her commenting on another show yesterday in her capacity as a lawyer and it was like watching a totally different person.  She was serious, mature, coherent, no giggles and guffaws.  Then I turn on View today and semi-stupid Sunny is back.  I just can't take her seriously as a former prosecutor based on her behavior on this show.  She comes across as somewhat immature and naive.  What's up with that???

• Love 10
1 hour ago, backformore said:

I see Megs is taking the day off today.

Jason Biggs, ugh!

I'd have preferred Daniels' atty as guest host. But Jason beats the Mooch. :-)

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6

I don't remember if it was Views FB or their Twitter yesterday but Joy was taking questions and they all had to do  with when MM was going to be fired. I'll have to try and find how she's answered. Don't think I can take Biggs this morning. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

There is a great scene in the movie Heartburn (which is about Nora Ephron's marriage to Carl Bernstein) where the characters were at dinner and they each had to describe themselves with three words.  Meryl Streep playing Nora said pregnant, happy and I can't remember the third word.  I can totally see Meghan using blonde and Republican as words to describe herself.  

For the record my three words are mother, smart and shoes.

Why shoes?

I thought Kathy Griffin was banned from The View, but there was a long while that I stopped watching (due to Bits.) So I guess she is un-banned. MM's head will surely explode.

• Love 2

I kind of cringed when Joy first said that Moon Jae In was from China, but thankfully someone said he's from South Korea.

1 hour ago, Jewlmc said:

I like her. I don't always agree with her, but her awkwardness and humour are kind of endearing and unlike MM, I can tell that she gets along with the other women after the cameras are off. Plus, it was funny watching how irate Whoopi got when she was a full time member.

Her question to Michael also shows how she's different from MM. MM brought up how Trump's family would feel by this news, while Paula asked about the timeline which is a valid question. MM brought nothing to the table, while with Paula we got a better understanding of how everything happened. It may have been a 'Gotcha' question, but I think it's okay if it adds more to the interview and provides us with more information about the case.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I don't doubt that the producers encourage some of her behaviour.  I mean, how many times did she sputter about it being "her job" to explain things/her side. 

I don't think that has anything to do with the producers' input. That's ALL Meghan and that she believes his her "duty" to inform us poor, ign'r't dumb folks. As for being contractually obligated to appear on other shows? Pfft. If that were the case, then Joy, Whoopi, Sara, Sunny would also be doing the tours on all the Sunday shows.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I kind of cringed when Joy first said that Moon Jae In was from China, but thankfully someone said he's from South Korea.

I noticed it and I think (was it Paula) someone said, "South Korean  President." It was a mis-speak by Joy, but she gets most things correct. People make mistakes. I was confused for a second too

• Love 8

Michael Avenatti answered a question I had always wondered about.  Why did someone threaten Stormy Daniels in 2011 about the Trump affair?  Because her ex husband sold the story to In Touch magazine.  So I guess someone there tipped off Trump then right?

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I thought Kathy Griffin was banned from The View, but there was a long while that I stopped watching (due to Bits.) So I guess she is un-banned. MM's head will surely explode.

Baba Wawa banned her for mocking Barbara and Kathy spoke about the behind the scenes shenanigans, that she witnessed, in her comedic act. Baba Wawa was fit to be tied..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I noticed it and I think (was it Paula) someone said, "South Korean  President." It was a mis-speak by Joy, but she gets most things correct. People make mistakes. I was confused for a second too

I know and I don't fault her for her mistake. But I still cringed when she mentioned China lol.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Michael Avenatti answered a question I had always wondered about.  Why did someone threaten Stormy Daniels in 2011 about the Trump affair?  Because her ex husband sold the story to In Touch magazine.  So I guess someone there tipped off Trump then right?

I am still confused on all the details, but i really like Avenatti. Actually Daniels seemed poised and articulate the other day too. I guess it's on me for being judge-y that I was expecting less.  I wish them luck in their ...legal endeavers

Edited by ari333
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Orillia said:

Dr.  LIMOM, I think your analysis is right on the money. It's a tough situation to deal with and everyone reacts differently. I found myself being nicer to people  as the small things just didn't seem that important. However, that being said, it's not like she's gone through a major personality change. She's always been annoying.

So, why doesn't Meh-gan take a leave of absence and stay with her father?   

It's  not like she needs the money or the job.

MM has always been openly agressive to Joy and most guests. And stupidly wrong about facts, spouting lies, and moronically  misusing vocabulary. No passes from me.

Go away and be with your father.  

Sorry, my heartstrings are steel like a National guitar. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Tosia said:

She is in a position most people aren't fortunate to be in.  She could take time off to be with her sick dad.  Most working people cannot.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Tosia said:

So, why doesn't Meh-gan take a leave of absence and stay with her father?   

It's  not like she needs the money or the job.

MM has always been openly agressive to Joy and most guests. And stupidly wrong about facts, spouting lies, and moronically  misusing vocabulary. No passes from me.

Ok call me a misguided softie.

13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is in a position most people aren't fortunate to be in.  She could take time off to be with her sick dad.  Most working people cannot.

Excellent point. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Does anyone else scream at their screen to Whoopi " Do YOUR  own homework!!!!" and "Learn YOUR own damned history????"

I do, especially, when she says that Black people got the right to vote in the 60's... That is not the case.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I do, especially, when she says that Black people got the right to vote in the 60's... That is not the case.  

Actually she is right.  1965 is when the Voting Rights Act was enacted.  This ensured the no poll tax and literacy tests etc.

I thought MM's husband was on this week.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Actually she is right.  1965 is when the Voting Rights Act was enacted.  This ensured the no poll tax and literacy tests etc.

I thought MM's husband was on this week.

Black men got the right to vote in 1870.  During reconstruction, there were Black senators elected and Black men, in the south voted all the time and that eventually caused a backlash, that gave rise to Jim crow laws.  Black women got the right to vote in 1920 with White women. Black people in the North voted all the time and were Republicans. Black people in the south could not exercise their constitutional right to vote. The Voting rights act guaranteed that they would be able to vote,  unmolested.. The backlash to that was the many ways that voter suppression have been used to stifle the Black vote.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Kathy Griffin next week?  I want to see that!  Regarding the teacher they interviewed about the Cosby verdict- teachers can get phone calls during class now?  God, I'm old.

I wish I could see Monday's show!  I really like her, even when I don't agree with her.

There have been phones in classrooms for at least ten - fifteen years (depending on where you are at).  Most of the phones have their own extension number.  At my school, if a parent called the district office and asked for a specific teacher, they would be connected (or if they knew extension could directly dial extension number).  If they called at school, office clerk would call your classroom to see if you want to speak with them.  If you said yes, the parent would be connected, if no - they could leave a message.  This was great for me, because I always turned off my cell phone in class, but if there was an emergency my family could still contact me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Her bio on Twitter says she is a "Blonde Republican." WTF?

As opposed to a brunet or red-haired Republican?    LOL      Too funny!!

2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I'm sure Kathy is salivating at the thought of MM trying to come at her a la Bitsy and failing. "I live for this stuff!" Another failed fileting if MM doesn't have the good sense to go "visit Daddy".

MM is so out of her league when she tries to take on anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

• Love 11

A day without meghan is a beautiful day indeed.

I dont get why a guy needs to guest co host..isn't the point of the show about women discussing life and their views without men around?  Still..at least it isn't the mooch.

• Love 9

Hope Biggs' appearance doesn't signal a return to Guy Day Friday and that he was just a fill-in for MM, albeit an unnecessary one.  Guy Day Friday was almost as bad as Whoopi's WTH Wednesdays. Thank goodness they abandoned both. Don't you think that Joy, Sunny and even MM have a provision in their contracts that exempts them from hawking all the infomercial stuff? Poor Sara drew the short straw, but she handles it as well as anybody could. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Baba Wawa banned her for mocking Barbara and Kathy spoke about the behind the scenes shenanigans, that she witnessed, in her comedic act. Baba Wawa was fit to be tied..

I’m pretty sure she returned after that. What she said in her act( I saw it in person) that she couldn’t get over BW highly recommended a certain brand of lube when they were warning Kathy about dryness that happens at menopause.

MM is probably studying Bitsy’s confrontation on YouTube  with Kathy. Good times. 

• Love 7

I think they missed out on a real opportunity by not having Avenatti co host. Would have been interesting to hear his thoughts on another high profile case. He's everywhere these days and maybe couldn't commit to the hour. At least it would have spared us the agony of having to watch Jason Biggs's game show clip.

Edited by Orillia
punctuation
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I wouldn't even put her in the top ten of blond conservative "pundits".

Well...what about where she puts herself...as a "pundint"?

Edited by Former Nun
as
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I dont get why a guy needs to guest co host..isn't the point of the show about women discussing life and their views without men around?

...and I don't get why they have to fill the empty chair at all.  Just don't place the chair at the table and allow "the usuals" to carry on with one missing.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m pretty sure she returned after that. What she said in her act( I saw it in person) that she couldn’t get over BW highly recommended a certain brand of lube when they were warning Kathy about dryness that happens at menopause.

MM is probably studying Bitsy’s confrontation on YouTube  with Kathy. Good times. 

I recall that Barbara was a fan of Astroglide.  

• Love 12