Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/23/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: 
Tracy Morgan (“The Last O.G.”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday:
Candace Cameron Bure (author, “Kind is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously”); Andrew Morton (author, “Meghan: A Hollywood Princess”)

Wednesday:
Sting and Shaggy (“44/876”); Dr. Whitney Bowe (“The Beauty of Dirty Skin”)

Thursday:
Dr. Phil McGraw (“Dr. Phil”)

Friday:
Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

• Love 1

What a drop from last week besides Sting and Tracy Morgan. Those are the only two people I might try to tune in to see of course that depends on how much fire RBM is breathing on those days.

• Love 2

I wonder if they're going to be kind to Candace (who really seemed to be a nice, if in my opinion misguided and myopic, person) or if Joy will want to talk to her about politics. She is a Trump Republican, although she seems incapable of explaining to people who don't share her beliefs why she supports him. I hope they let her promote her book and talk fondly about The View. I will enjoy her explaining to Meghan why being gracious is a good thing. It will of course go right over Meghan's head that she herself is not a gracious person.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I wonder if they're going to be kind to Candace (who really seemed to be a nice, if in my opinion misguided and myopic, person) or if Joy will want to talk to her about politics. She is a Trump Republican, although she seems incapable of explaining to people who don't share her beliefs why she supports him. I hope they let her promote her book and talk fondly about The View. I will enjoy her explaining to Meghan why being gracious is a good thing. It will of course go right over Meghan's head that she herself is not a gracious person.

Candace loves to talk about sex so I predict some sex topics will be discussed...which will turn princess all red and start shrieking like the spoiled brat she is.

• Love 4
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

You beat me to it. She looks like a hot mess. Someone really hates her behind the scenes. 

She also came out very angry.  She is always scowling.   At least, Jed, came out dancing and smiling, she was happy to be there..

• Love 18

As I see the the issue regarding spouses being asked about their public comments....

If MM’s husband was to comment on The View’s management or employees (let’s say he made a comment about Joy), then it’s open for questions.  His personal politics,not so much.  

To say that the CNN’s reporter is divorced from another reporter and would she like to be questioned about his statements is a ridiculous equivalent. 

The hair was too much. Had she tied the braids together it would have looked much better. 

• Love 9

Not on here yet so I will comment on the guests this week.   I love Sting so yay on that one.  I don't think Tracy Morgan is funny.  I am drawn to a dry wit and subtle delivery.  Ricky Gervais is on my short list with John Cleese, Wanda Sykes etc.  

I would like to hear why Candice supports Trump since she is on.  I would never seek her opinion otherwise.    It baffles me that Christians would support him.  Seriously I really do want to know their logic. 

Dr Phil is delightful when on a talk show, witty guy.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

What the heck is up with Meghan's hair?  She looks like Pippi Longstocking. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Wings said:

I would like to hear why Candice supports Trump since she is on.  I would never seek her opinion otherwise.  

Born Again Barbie is a single issue voter--she's PRO-LIFE, and since 45 was promising he was too, and blah, blah, that's why she voted for him.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

I would like to hear why Candice supports Trump since she is on.  I would never seek her opinion otherwise.  

Born Again Barbie is a single issue voter--she's PRO-LIFE, and since 45 was promising he was too, and blah, blah, that's why she voted for him.

Jesus of course, how silly of me wonder!  Come on Joy, ask her about gun control.  Good place to start.  

• Love 7

In the opening it said Tracy is becoming the last OG.   What does that mean?  Old gangster? 

OHHHHHHHH dear, her hair.  Reading about it did not prepare me.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Meagan, doll, sweetie, while you're wearing your mother's real pearls (what a bitchy comment that was) look up cultural appropriation, then look at your hair, you won't understand it or get it, but you may learn a new big word you can use incorrectly.

But Tracy Morgan said he was going to call her Keisha.

• Love 9

So we will be seeing Tracy bonding with Mm on being "gangsta"?   I would FLOVE if Joy brought it up.  

Why would MM not spend her father's last days with him as much as possible?   Not a cold heart, no heart. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

LMAO considering her beliefs and who she voted for, this is like Squeaky Fromme publishing a book on anti-violence.

Meagan, doll, sweetie, while you're wearing your mother's real pearls (what a bitchy comment that was) look up cultural appropriation, then look at your hair, you won't understand it or get it, but you may learn a new big word you can use incorrectly.

Love this post!  high 5

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Why would MM not spend her father's last days with him as much as possible?   Not a cold heart, no heart. 

Beau Biden lived for 2 years after his diagnosis.  She said she would be taking time off to be with her dad in the upcoming weeks.  Hard to know if he is in the final stages with this announcement.  I think she would take a leave if he were on the brink. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

LMAO considering her beliefs and who she voted for, this is like Squeaky Fromme publishing a book on anti-violence.

I'm confused about her reference to wearing pearls ( played it back a couple times) what was she referring to? When was she wearing pearls ?  There just are no words to describe that goofy hair on a grown ass woman. It looks like you let your 5 year old play with your hair.  

• Love 4

Back to her hair.  Her friends and family watch this show if she cannot see how she looks, herself.  Those braids are not all her hair.  Where did they find scraggly braids?  Her hair is not that long or thick enough to make 3 braids, two of them big on the top of her head.  

Cut it just above your shoulders and wear it down or pull it back with a hair piece to augment a ponytail or bun. It would be more slimming, too. 

5 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I'm confused about her reference to wearing pearls ( played it back a couple times) what was she referring to? When was she wearing pearls ?  There just are no words to describe that goofy hair on a grown ass woman. It looks like you let your 5 year old play with your hair.  

Barbara Bush wore 'plastic pearls" as she called them herself.  Megan had to throw in that hers were real.   

Edited by Wings
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

Beau Biden lived for 2 years after his diagnosis.  She said she would be taking time off to be with her dad in the upcoming weeks.  Hard to know if he is in the final stages with this announcement.  I think she would take a leave if he was in the final stage. 

That's true but her dad is nearly 40 years older than Beau Biden. Not saying that means he's in his final stages but he's pretty up there in age. And he's been in and out of the hospital. Who knows I guess. According to Meghan, he's doing fine.

4 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I'm confused about her reference to wearing pearls ( played it back a couple times) what was she referring to? When was she wearing pearls ?

She was saying she wore pearls the day Barbara Bush died. 

• Love 4

And when Sarah asked if they were fake (a nod to Barbara's "plastic pearls") MM had to go real bitchy and inform everyone that no, hers are real, they're hear mothers, I guess wanting us to know that at least something on her mother is natural.

• Love 19

I have to say Meghan gets under my skin, and the first comment Tracy made about Meghan being an inspiration, Meghan received it very awkwardly and stilted but it seems she genuinely had a good time with Tracy making fun of her braids. 

She even laughed and was having fun about her new name, Kesha McCain.  Can we get more of that Meghan please?

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

That's true but her dad is nearly 40 years older than Beau Biden. Not saying that means he's in his final stages but he's pretty up there in age. And he's been in and out of the hospital. Who knows I guess. According to Meghan, he's doing fine.

She was saying she wore pearls the day Barbara Bush died.

I actually had some one I know say this. They were going to wear pearls  on the day of BB's funeral.  I guess Meghan had the same idea. I just said mmmkay to the person I know lol.

19 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I loved Sunny's big ol' belly laugh when she started to talk about the meme about Melania/Obama and couldn't even finish "Once you go Barack...." When they did the wide shot, I noticed Meghan had a tight little polite smile.

Is she ever happy? Maybe the show her dad was on with her.... but I think she's an unhappy uptight person. Every other person at the table has fun on occasion. Jedidiah and Sherri made me insane in different ways, but they were fun people not afraid to show their goofy sides.

Meghan just makes me sad. And occasionally homicidal.

I thought Sunny was going to mention the meme I saw of Obama making Melania smile.....it said "one more thing Obama can do that Trump can't." It cracked me up. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Thank you Miss Coffee, I agree, Obama can make any red blooded (or cold blooded) woman smile. Ahhhhhhhhh he is just so WONDERFUL. 

Ohh, I like Miss Coffee lol. 

Funny or stupid story it was supposed to be coffeewaterwine -  what I basically drink but I got it mixed up lol.

Obama is everything!! 

Tracy Morgan tapping his hair was hilarious. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 9

Haven't seen the show, can't until tonight, but I'm dying to see Meghan's hairdo du jour.

She has actually look lovely the few times she's worn her hair down with soft waves. She has never looked good with braids of any kind. Yet she has her hair in braids more than anyone else does.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

Haven't seen the show, can't until tonight, but I'm dying to see Meghan's hairdo du jour.

She has actually look lovely the few times she's worn her hair down with soft waves. She has never looked good with braids of any kind. Yet she has her hair in braids more than anyone else does.

She has topped herself today. 

• Love 5

Hahaha!  I just looked it up on YouTube, and you guys did not exaggerate.  That is not a good look. That is a style that looks good on very few people, and most of them are under the age of 18. 

The only grown woman I gave seen who can look great with hair like that is Alicia Keys. 

I'm still trying to see, was Meghan sporting 3 braids, or 4?

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She also came out very angry.  She is always scowling.   At least, Jed, came out dancing and smiling, she was happy to be there..

I always loved Jed's entrances. No doubt about it, she was pretty happy to be there. I hoped that just once they left the camera on her the  entire time. Just the entrance, not the show.  She probably had a whole routine going on.

• Love 3