Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/23/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, backformore said:

Hahaha!  I just looked it up on YouTube, and you guys did not exaggerate.  That is not a good look. That is a style that looks good on very few people, and most of them are under the age of 18. 

The only grown woman I gave seen who can look great with hair like that is Alicia Keys. 

I'm still trying to see, was Meghan sporting 3 braids, or 4?

Alicia is in a whole different league!  MM needs a good, shorter haircut, and needs to tone down the blonde color & dark makeup.  Although with her crappy personality, I don’t think it matters.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

LMAO considering her beliefs and who she voted for, this is like Squeaky Fromme publishing a book on anti-violence.

Meagan, doll, sweetie, while you're wearing your mother's real pearls (what a bitchy comment that was) look up cultural appropriation, then look at your hair, you won't understand it or get it, but you may learn a new big word you can use incorrectly.

While I agree with most of your post, I have to say wtf with braids and cultural appropriation. I thought we laid that to rest. Black women don't own braids. It's not an insult if white women wear their hair in braids.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I actually had some one I know say this. They were going to wear pearls  on the day of BB's funeral.  I guess Meghan had the same idea. I just said mmmkay to the person I know lol.

I thought Sunny was going to mention the meme I saw of Obama making Melania smile.....it said "one more thing Obama can do that Trump can't." It cracked me up. 

Melania was smiling in the presence of that group in that photo much more than with her husband. Happy to be away from him too. 

• Love 19

MM is an insult to women in many ways, but her hairstyle is down a ways on the list. Although someone comparing her to the koolaid red figure did make me laugh (the red suit Comey day).

• Love 5

I'm wondering if because Sara looks so cute in her shorter braids that really complement her face, MM thinks she does too. Doesn't she realize that she looks good with a softer hair style and more natural makeup? I guess not, since she's always changing to some harsher styles. That look today was just bizarre. 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 7

Now I'm worried that I'm being culturally insensitive if I braid my big hair. I'm very pale with a poof of hair. I've been told I look better with it after a blow out and flattened,  That makes me a bit angry. And I apologize to WOC for appropriating your braids, and reading websites about how to take care of curly hair.

• Love 3

I didn't watch yesterday, however, I watched a clip to see MM's hair.  And, yeah, it was really bad.  But to be honest, I didn't care for Sara's hair either. 

I prefer Sara, Sunny and Meghan's hair blow dried with a bit of wave.  I don't know why they, or the hair stylist, have to mix it up all the time, particularly with Meghan.  She really does look best with it just shoulder length.  Course when it's loose, she's always touching it. Maybe that's why they put it up / back so often!

• Love 4

I would just love to see MM with zero makeup.  She can look great all made up.  But, with a freshly scrubbed face?  I am thinking her eyes recede.  Sara has looked fine with no makeup, after her baby's birth, but definitely enhanced with all that eye stuff.  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Tanichka said:

MM needs a good, shorter haircut, and needs to tone down the blonde color & dark makeup.

She is capable of it. This is her recently on This Week with George Stephanopoulos. A very toned down, neutral look. I do like that she wears vibrant colors, but the makeup can veer too harsh. 

image.png

Edited by rollacoaster
  • Love 7

Much better hair today for Meghan.  But 3 seconds in and she is playing with it already.

And Meghan, not everyone is pressuring you to have a baby. I for one will be grateful if you choose not to reproduce.

• Love 18

If by class act, Whoopi means an old entitled white man who like to shove his hand up women's skirts, I will take a hard pass on that kind of class. In my lower class, that kind of shit is frowned upon. Everybody can say how much different Bush is from Trump, but aren't their main differences which side of a woman they prefer to violate?

Edited to add last sentence. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Sunny needs shorter hair...much shorter.

Agree and so does Scarlet O’Ohara sitting to her left. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3

I didn’t comment on yesterday’s show because someone BTS finally gave Meghan some meds and the show was fairly calm. I will say (lol) I agreed with Joy calling out the Crypt Keeper’s enormous hypocrisy in saying her husband’s tweets were out of bounds when she dogged Hillary for everything related to Bill Clinton. Not the biggest Whoopi fan these days, but I've always loved Whoopi's no-f***s-to-give attitude towards Kellyanne in particular.

As far as Meghan’s hair, I usually don’t even think about her appearance because the vomit erupting from her mouth is too distracting, but today’s hairdo fits her personality at least. Like a 5-year-old playing spoiled princess dress-up.

• Love 14

If by class act, Whoopi means an old entitled white man who like to shove his hand up women's skirts, I will take a hard pass on that kind of class. In my lower class, that kind of shit is frowned upon. Everybody can say how much different Bush is from Trump, but aren't their main differences which side of a woman they prefer to violate?

May she Rest In Peace. 

It has been well researched and confirmed that GH had a mistress. Everyone in DC knew this, when the question arose during his campaign Barbara shut it down, quickly and nastily.  Same can be said for GW’s drug and alcohol issues including his DWI. Class act?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Are you kidding me? She actually said a boa would strangle a hooman whenever it feels like it?

They were talking about some nonsense massage where you have boas crawling on you and they all shuddered and squealed about how dangerous that is. Except Candace who kind of shrugged it off since she had pet snakes as a kid.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

They were talking about some nonsense massage where you have boas crawling on you and they all shuddered and squealed about how dangerous that is. Except Candace who kind of shrugged it off since she had pet snakes as a kid.  

I was thinking about that when I read your initial comment! Snakes give me the heebie jeebies, and I've been seeing that fracking video of snake massages on my Face Book feed. {SHUDDER} More power to those that don't mind it!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

I would pay good money for a View employee to mute Whoopi's mike during her "Welcome to the view" yodeling.

I always fast forward that and do you know that and the hosts walking out and sitting down, takes up two minutes and 41 seconds. Or thereabouts. It could cut it to two minutes if Whoopi didn't say it a gazillion times.

From the "numerous" comments today, I guess it was a subdued show? No sparks between Candace and Meghan?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Wings said:

Whoopi, there were never any an alligators in the sewer anywhere.  Urban myth.

Here's the only (tiny) verification of Whoopi's ascertion.  Wikipedia: a 2 ft baby alligator was caught in 2010 by the NYPD in the sewers near a Chinese restaurant in Queens. However, it is unlikely that a fully grown adult would survive for long in New York due to the cold winter temperatures.

• Love 5

I was expecting to hate on Candace, but she's just too adorable. That moment with Whoopi was sweet.  I didn't get annoyed with the princess so didn't fast forward through most of the show.

• Love 4

When I hear Candace's little-girl voice, it always reminds me of Dr. Drew's theory that something traumatic happened (usually sexual) at the age of that voice.  I guess I hear 10-11 from Candace.   I can't help it...and it's not only Candace; it's every woman with a little-girl voice.   Gee, thanks, Dr. Drew.

• Love 9

CCB is sweet, and I didn't always agree with her...yet I will say she never would demean the other side the way princess is currently.  With that said, maybe CCB sprinkled some kindness dust on princess because she wasn't so grumpy today.  With that said, I think CCB would have been a better fit over at the Talk then the View since that show talks parent issues, pop culture, etc.

And I did watch her interview on fox and friends...and she said the book was inspired by her time on the view..and learning to be nice and listen to the other side even if she doesn't agree...something we've all wished princess would do.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I always fast forward that and do you know that and the hosts walking out and sitting down, takes up two minutes and 41 seconds. Or thereabouts. It could cut it to two minutes if Whoopi didn't say it a gazillion times.

I know that because I have a slow connection, so whenever I've ever missed the opening segment and have to look it up online, I've learned to skip the first 3-4 minutes to get to the actual content.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

CCB is sweet, and I didn't always agree with her...yet I will say she never would demean the other side the way princess is currently.  With that said, maybe CCB sprinkled some kindness dust on princess because she wasn't so grumpy today.  With that said, I think CCB would have been a better fit over at the Talk then the View since that show talks parent issues, pop culture, etc.

I do think Candace has a sweet-heartedness to her that others like Jedidiah, Elisabeth, and Meghan do not, but I still remember how she acted towards Danny Pintauro (played the kid from Who's the Boss?) when he came on The View as a guest. The way she treated him when he was talking about having HIV was very classless, imo. I'm glad if she learned something from her View experience.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎23 at 11:45 AM, athousandclowns said:

I'm confused about her reference to wearing pearls ( played it back a couple times) what was she referring to? When was she wearing pearls ?  There just are no words to describe that goofy hair on a grown ass woman. It looks like you let your 5 year old play with your hair.  

MM was wearing pearls the day Comey was on, in honour of Barbara Bush, whose trademark was her big FAKE pearls. Michelle & Hillary wore them to BB's funeral.  Of course MM didn't understand that her big REAL pearls were an extravagant display of wealth, missing BB's whole point of NOT draping herself in expensive jewelry when in public service (also having a trademark means you don't need lots of jewelry if you just put the same necklace on every day/night).

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

When I hear Candace's little-girl voice, it always reminds me of Dr. Drew's theory that something traumatic happened (usually sexual) at the age of that voice.  I guess I hear 10-11 from Candace.   I can't help it...and it's not only Candace; it's every woman with a little-girl voice.   Gee, thanks, Dr. Drew.

Thanks for that!  I work with someone with a little girl voice and now will think that every time I hear her speak.   

Yesterday MM's braids reminded me of the Von Trapp Family Singers. All she needed was leiderhosen.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

From the "numerous" comments today, I guess it was a subdued show? No sparks between Candace and Meghan?

Yeah, it was definitely a subdued show today. Even Candace didn’t say anything to annoy the hell out of me. She was only on for one segment though so maybe that’s why? ??‍♀️ I did laugh when Joy asked her if she’d snapped before because it’s hard to be kind all the time since her book is about being kind to others, and Candace says, “I don’t know, of course I have! I may have snapped at you at the table once and awhile!” Joy oh-so-casually responds, saying, “Maybe, I don’t know, I don’t remembah.” Joy’s accent isn’t super strong but it’s noticeable lol.

As nice as Candace seems today, I remember her stance on a lot of issues, so it’s hard for me put that aside. Her “niceness” has always had a forced/fake vibe to it. She looked pretty though. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

And I did watch her interview on fox and friends...and she said the book was inspired by her time on the view..and learning to be nice and listen to the other side even if she doesn't agree...something we've all wished princess would do.

To be fair, both sides need to do more listening.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I do think Candace has a sweet-heartedness to her that others like Jedidiah, Elisabeth, and Meghan do not, but I still remember how she acted towards Danny Pintauro (played the kid from Who's the Boss?) when he came on The View as a guest. The way she treated him when he was talking about having HIV was very classless, imo. I'm glad if she learned something from her View experience.

I just rewatched that interview on YouTube and I don’t know what you are talking about. I didn’t see any classless behavior. Did I miss something?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I don't know if that's true. I sound youngish and nothing happened to me as a child. It might suck for some people, but I kind of love it. It helps me get rid of telemarketers when I talk on the phone, since they assume I'm not over 18.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

We just "upgraded" our DVR system to Contour II (or somesuch).  That upgrade now keeps me from starting shows late.  It allows me to start them early.  I always started "The View" late and never had to see them walk out.   I could usually cut off at least five minutes of all "Masterpiece" endings on PBS.  Now I'm stuck seeing or FF-ing the beginning of all the shows.  I have noticed some nice opening graphics here and there (not "The View") that I've missed for the past several years.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

We just "upgraded" our DVR system to Contour II (or somesuch).  That upgrade now keeps me from starting shows late.  It allows me to start them early.  I always started "The View" late and never had to see them walk out.   I could usually cut off at least five minutes of all "Masterpiece" endings on PBS.  Now I'm stuck seeing or FF-ing the beginning of all the shows.  I have noticed some nice opening graphics here and there (not "The View") that I've missed for the past several years.

We had cox contour til we moved and cox isn’t available here although I drive by their giant headquarters and feel sad. Anyway we had a manual function and we could pick it portions of shows. It was hard to find but eventually I figured it out. Maybe that feature is there somewhere?

MMM has been well-behaved these past two days. I wonder what happened? It's been very nice - the other hosts have actually been able to speak without her interrupting. 

Re: CCB - I don't like having someone else's religion shoved down my throat the way she does. I always remember that sweatshirt she wore one time - 'Jesus Saves, Bro'. I was not impressed. 

• Love 11