Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/23/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Good post, @Jan Levenson.  

7 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

I cannot believe ABC has not fired her.

My guess is that ABC loves the buzz this show is getting.  If their ratings are up, she stays.  I hope not but sure seems likely.  

• Love 19

BTW, Monday’s conversation about Kellyanne Conway (regarding her husband’s twitter use), all seemed like doublespeak to me—in other words the hosts were really shading Meghan & her husband by saying “when you’re spouse is putting himself out there with his opinions on social media—he IS fairgame.” Whoopi even said to Meghan, “If YOUR husband is tweeting about YOUR job, it is fair game.”

I think they see through Meghan. There’s enough buzz on social media about who’s funding her husband’s website that The View producers have to know — and that Kellyanne conversation makes me suspect, they know.  (Or I could be reading too much into that clip)

• Love 13
Just now, Jan Levenson said:

I think they see through Meghan. There’s enough buzz on social media about who’s funding her husband’s website that The View producers have to know — and that Kellyanne conversation makes me suspect, they know.  (Or I could be reading too much into that clip)

If we know they know.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I may be alone in feeling this way but Sara is starting to get on my nerves. She’s constantly explaining the other hosts and what they mean to Meghan. If she’s that damn confused and lost all the time maybe - just maybe - she needs to seek employment elsewhere? 

You're not alone at all.

I just started watching again in January and liked the rotating co-hosts. Then Sara shows up, I'm not sure who she is.  She doesn't really add much and I tune her out.

But yes, she does get on my nerves too.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I wonder if Joy knows that MM is actively trying to get Joy fired. 

Joy could shred MM in a heartbeat. I wonder why she doesn't. However, the , "you have no sense of humor" was a good start.

Joy's dismissive hand motion said even more.  Whoopi also showed her frustration with MM with her sigh, just before she changed the topic.   

Joy's job is safe.  MM does not have the influence to get her fired.     

Edited by Wings
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Even Make up and wardrobe are resisting.

Oh, Joy is likely friends with nearly everyone behind-the-scenes. I remember her talking in the news during the Whoopi-Rosie drama about things she'd heard from all her birdies at the show, even though she wasn't even working there at the time. That happens when you're gracious and respectable to the people around you. If Meghan is this much of an entitled asshole on live television, imagine how she must act towards the people backstage.

I remember Joy once saying that you need to be kind to people on your way up, because they'll be the ones who choose to catch you or let you fall on your way down. I doubt those people will be doing any favors for McCain.

• Love 24

WTF...that was the worst blow up from RBM I've seen in many a day. Horrible horrible horrible, and so rude. Thank you Joy, and yes, your who gives a "f" hand gesture to RBM was fabulous. Oy Vey!  Anyway, that was scary, she is one angry nasty BITCH. 

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Who's side are most on?        We're ON FIRE today!

They're on Joy's side, of course! It's insane (not really) how many people dislike Meghan and are calling for ABC to get rid of her. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Wings said:

Joy's dismissive hand motion said even more.  Whoopi also showed her frustration with MM with her sigh, just before she changed the topic.   

Joy's job is safe.  MM does not have the influence to get her fired.     

Oh, I agree MM does not have the power to get Joy fired. I'd just find it irritating if I were Joy

• Love 9

Ok, I'm halfway through the show today, and  haven't read any other posts.

MM is a big phony baloney.  News flash, right? 

I really believe that now she is saying crap just for attention. MM was just crouched to jump on anyone who said ANYTHING about any of her tribe.    Doesn't matter.  It happened to be Joy today,  but she has jumped on Sunny, Ana, And guests.  IDK abt Sara. Her tween cheap clothes are also for attention. Pure crap. 

MM has NOTHING of value to add so she's looking to be loud and accusing.  Gahhh. Go away.  

• Love 12

A suggestion for the View Producers - have MM take over Sara's "VIEW YOUR CRAP" spot and have her squeal about "free shipping" and kiss up to Greta  (No offense to Sara at all, she is a good team player). I am just imagining how long she would last after trying on another pair of cheap sunglasses!

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Wings said:

What the hell is up with Whoopi about 'take your kids to work day.' Jesus, she was really nasty.  

It was weird that Whoopi kept mentioning her daughter, Alex, who is like... 45. "She's gonna be so mad"
 Um no. It is KID day. Not adult, middle aged daughter day. 

Edited by ari333
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

“The audience didn’t laugh either!!!” That’s because you started screaming before the joke was even out of her mouth.

I wasn't looking at the screen, and didn't quite hear the joke, but I sure looked up when Meghan started screeching. Man, she was LIVID! And Joy was TOO done with her. 

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Of course she did. I wonder if it's because of her own personal experience with...infidelity in her family?

I thought the exact same thing. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

I hope we are not keeping MM afloat by talking about her here. 

Just because we are talking doesn’t mean we are watching.  I very seldom tune in, but look here for the snark.  I watched quite often when Jed was on.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Just because we are talking doesn’t mean we are watching.  I very seldom tune in, but look here for the snark.  I watched quite often when Jed was on.

Good point! I get ahead of myself sometimes. I do wonder if they get off, get excited  about the buzz... if they know about it

Edited by ari333
  • Love 3

About humorless Meh-ghan, Joy also said “I wish you would understand who the target of my jokes is" like this issue has come up before. Meh-gan often deliberately distorts and deflects. It's got to be frustrating to try and have an honest conversation with her. 

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

I DVR the show, and sometimes watch later.  I often read here first, to decide if the show is worth seeing.  Today, I watched earlier than usual, and rewound that first segment to watch it again.  It really is something - " THAT"S MEAN, JOY! "   will always crack me up. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

About humorless Meh-ghan, Joy also said “I wish you would understand who the target of my jokes is" like this issue has come up before. Meh-gan often deliberately distorts and deflects. It's got to be frustrating to try and have an honest conversation with her. 

I had a family member who did the same thing.  take anything I said, and deliberately "misunderstand" it to make me look bad. 

I need to keep track of when Meghan does it.   Like - Meghan says we should take back all the nice things we said about Melania yesterday, because today we're being mean to her.   she takes something, twists it, throws it back at you in its distorted form and says you own it.  Meghan does it so effortlessly, usually directed at Joy.  Often it's "so you're saying........" and presents her version of what was said, in order to fuel an argument.  

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Meh-gan often deliberately distorts and deflects.

Meghan has one goal and it is not to be a team player.  As I've said before she is the sore thumb that sticks out.  The other four (and yes I'm including Whoopi) have a rapport.  They joke around and play off one another.  Meghan looks at the other cohosts as the enemy.  She is always on her guard.  She would probably argue she is waiting for them to attack when in reality Meghan is the only going on the attack.  Her immediate outrage at Joy's joke was way over the top.  Jesus you would have thought Joy made a joke about someone in Meghan's family.  

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

"Happy birthday Melania! Your life totally blows!" Hahaha!! 

LOL! She's so dramatic. Joy literally just said "happy birthday Melania," and Meghan almost spontaneously combusts on national television. Pure comedy!

• Love 19
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

It was weird that Whoopi kept mentioning her daughter, Alex, who is like... 45. "She's gonna be so mad"

Well, poor Alex is still trying to claw her way into showbiz...and Whoopi knows it's HER responsibility yet again to play the nepotism card.   Did you know that Alex was Miss Golden Globe in 1994?  Other Misses we've heard of:  Melanie Griffith, Laura Dern, Dakota Johnson, Rumer Willis, ..............

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

LOL! She's so dramatic. Joy literally just said "happy birthday Melania," and Meghan almost spontaneously combusts on national television. Pure comedy!

Does she not have any idea how ridiculous she is?  She made the remark yesterday she didn't take her husband's name because she had had a hard enough time to get people to know her as Meghan McCain and she didn't want to change it.  Meghan honey pretty damn sure a lot more people know who you are now and it is not doing you any favors.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

That "whatever" hand gesture from Joy to Meghan was epic. I laughed out loud, too!

I was waiting for Joy to just say "pish-tosh" along with that hand gesture to Meghan....but, just the hand gesture was definitely dismissive enough!  I really thought today was the day that Meghan's head was going to blow off her shoulders and land, still red and screaming, in the audience.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 17

According to an article I read The View has had its highest ratings in three years, since October when Meghan joined. So like her or not, she is a ratings draw. I personally think people like to see the fighting and stuff on the show. I remember when Barbara Walters talked about the Rosie/ Elizabeth fight and how she was surprised how the ratings went up during that time.

can we talk about how cute Sunny’schildren are? It wS great getting to see them on the show. I didnt understand how Whoopi couldnt know it was bring your child to work day? She said she just found out that morning, but Sunny knew sonce she brought hers. I think Whoopi needs to paya attention in the production meetings.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

WTF...that was the worst blow up from RBM I've seen in many a day.

I belong to a couple of small Facebook groups that discuss The View. They are generally supportive of the show. After today, several people posted that Meghan's behavior was very upsetting to them and they actually felt sick to their stomachs watching it. Someone actually was so upset she called ABC to let them know how out of line Meghan was. When Meghan is affecting core viewers like that.... she needs to go away.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Onceafan said:

According to an article I read The View has had its highest ratings in three years, since October when Meghan joined.

I'd like to see that article. I know the ratings have been going up gradually for a while now (long before Meghan joined this show), so hearing "the highest in 3 years" doesn't really say anything to me about Meghan McCain other than the progress hasn't stopped since she joined. It'll be interesting to hear what her Q rating will be. That was the excuse they gave for Paula no longer being full-time, and Paula was a helluva lot more likable than McCain.

• Love 5

I'm not so sure I want Meghan gone. If her presence translates into higher ratings then that may be a good thing. The more people who see her exposed as the manipulative hypocrite she is, the better. I can't imagine that her performance on the show is drawing more people to "her side."

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That was the excuse they gave for Paula no longer being full-time, and Paula was a helluva lot more likable than McCain.

And if I'm not mistaken the reason Star Jones was let go.

5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It'll be interesting to hear what her Q rating will be.

• Love 2

I appropriated some of your best lines in my message to ABC on its website:

Why is Meghan McCain still on the show? Today Joy said - literally - "Happy Birthday, Melania" and Meghan went Full Metal Tantrum on her. It was upsetting and sickening to watch.

Meghan is not a team player. She makes watching uncomfortable and sees her colleagues as enemies. Seriously, why is she still there?

You have had conservatives who are pleasant, who can discuss issues and disagree without acting like a Mean Girl becoming a human car alarm. Please hire Ana Navarro instead of Meghan.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'd like to see that article. I know the ratings have been going up gradually for a while now (long before Meghan joined this show), so hearing "the highest in 3 years" doesn't really say anything to me about Meghan McCain other than the progress hasn't stopped since she joined. It'll be interesting to hear what her Q rating will be. That was the excuse they gave for Paula no longer being full-time, and Paula was a helluva lot more likable than McCain.

Do you know how a Q rating is gathered?  I'd love to give my rating.  First time posting here, have read forever.  Today's performance by Meghan has sent me over the edge.  

• Love 15

Okay you guys, I just played my old lady card and sent an email to ABC about RBM and The View and what she pulled today with our Joy. Yep, I did it, I told them to get rid of her and to put Ana N. on instead. Ahhhhhhhh I feel really good right now. I never do stuff like that, I just come to this site and vent, but let me tell ya, that crap today, screaming like that at Joy.  Ya know what, I CARE and I'm not going to have it.  She's a bully and a bitch. Bye for now guys.  Kisses. ???

• Love 20
1 minute ago, merriebreeze said:

I'm not so sure I want Meghan gone. If her presence translates into higher ratings then that's a good thing. The more people who see her exposed as the hypocrite she is, the better. I can't imagine that her performance is drawing more people to "her side."

She’s been on for almost a year though. How much more time do people need? 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

As my Jewish Mother would have said "fey"! Thank you again Joy!????????????

And my Jewish grandmother said "Feh"!  I still say it!  I agree with upthread that said MM is on because she causes people to talk about The View.  Even negative attention is better than no attention, it seems.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, backformore said:

I had a family member who did the same thing.  take anything I said, and deliberately "misunderstand" it to make me look bad. 

I need to keep track of when Meghan does it.   Like - Meghan says we should take back all the nice things we said about Melania yesterday, because today we're being mean to her.   she takes something, twists it, throws it back at you in its distorted form and says you own it.  Meghan does it so effortlessly, usually directed at Joy.  Often it's "so you're saying........" and presents her version of what was said, in order to fuel an argument.  

Not so passive,  passive- agressiveness, n'est pas? 

I had a boss like this where I finally got to the point of saying,  "I'm not going  to argue with you."  Since it was my boss, I started looking for another job.   Crazy people cannot be reasoned with when they are determined to fight for the sake of fighting.  

We know Meh-gan couldn't give a shit about Melania;  she's just trying to make a name for herself for future jobs when the McCain name recedes from public view over time, and Meh-gan continues to be ridiculed for stupid gaffes.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And my Jewish grandmother said "Feh"!  I still say it!  I agree with upthread that said MM is on because she causes people to talk about The View.  Even negative attention is better than no attention, it seems.

Apparently!  The thing is - she adds nothing to the show.  She has no insight, no wit.  And, the valley girl accent!  She makes watching very uncomfortable, which is why I seldom live watch.

• Love 6