Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/23/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, buffynut said:

You could really feel the tension at the table today.   And Joy has it right, MM has no sense of humour.

About the joke, they were talking about Trump calling into Fox and Friends today and more-or-less admitting he knew about the lawyer and the payout with Stormy Daniels.  Joy then mentioned that today was Melania's birthday and "Happy Birthday Melania".   And those 3 words caused MM to lose her mind, and argue the audience didn't even laugh. And Joy eventually told her she had no sense of humour.  And that maybe it was a bad joke, so "sue me".

@GHScorpiosRule , Buffy beat me to it. It was a tongue-in-cheek joke and Meghan snapped like a lunatic.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, buffynut said:

You could really feel the tension at the table today.   And Joy has it right, MM has no sense of humour.

About the joke, they were talking about Trump calling into Fox and Friends today and more-or-less admitting he knew about the lawyer and the payout with Stormy Daniels.  Joy then mentioned that today was Melania's birthday and "Happy Birthday Melania".   And those 3 words caused MM to lose her mind, and argue the audience didn't even laugh. And Joy eventually told her she had no sense of humour.  And that maybe it was a bad joke, so "sue me".

3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

@GHScorpiosRule , Buffy beat me to it. It was a tongue-in-cheek joke and Meghan snapped like a lunatic.

Of course she did. I wonder if it's because of her own personal experience with...infidelity in her family?

• Love 13

Social media is on fire right now over Meghan's outburst. I'm at my desk working but I was so startled by it I stopped what I was doing to look at the television.

2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Of course she did. I wonder if it's because of her own personal experience with...infidelity in her family?

It has to be that because it was totally out of fuckin' left field.

• Love 19

Whoopi is making sense today!

I agree with her about Obama - the same people complaining that he didn't do anything for black people are the same ones who got pissed when he talked about issues affecting the black community. You can't have it both ways.

Ben Carson proves that no matter how accomplished one may be, ya can't fix stupid.

5 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

I did not here a laugh because most people were probably like me nodding their head going  happy birthday you poor woman when I was startled by human car alarm.

I don't understand why Meghan pointed out that nobody laughed in the audience. So what??

Something is seriously wrong with this girl.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

What I'd really like for them to do after today is keep some holy water handy in Joy's mug and have her douse McCain with it next time the brat's head is spinning.

How about a fire hose?

• Love 22
18 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Whoopi is making sense today!

I agree with her about Obama - the same people complaining that he didn't do anything for black people are the same ones who got pissed when he talked about issues affecting the black community. You can't have it both ways.

Ben Carson proves that no matter how accomplished one may be, ya can't fix stupid.

I don't understand why Meghan pointed out that nobody laughed in the audience. So what??

Something is seriously wrong with this girl.

Her dress, for starter.  My eyes need that crying closet!

• Love 13

I loved Whoopi's take down of Ben Carson today.  To triple the rent for people who are struggling to pay their current rent is unimaginably cruel.  The rent people pay in public housing is approximately 1/3 of their income.  If you triple the rent as Carson has suggested, you are basically raising the rent to 100% of their income.   

• Love 24
1 minute ago, LIMOM said:

My eyes need that crying closet!

Joy: I wish I had one of those on election night

LOL!

1 minute ago, movingtargetgal said:

I loved Whoopi's take down of Ben Carson today. 

Whoopi was on fire today.

• Love 18

Meghan, if you want to look 40 pounds more overweight just wear a big floral print dress, put your hair in braids and add some hair extensions.

Oh wait, you did that today.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, movingtargetgal said:

I loved Whoopi's take down of Ben Carson today.  To triple the rent for people who are struggling to pay their current rent is unimaginably cruel.  The rent people pay in public housing is approximately 1/3 of their income.  If you triple the rent as Carson has suggested, you are basically raising the rent to 100% of their income.   

Yep! He has lost his damned mind.

• Love 11

I wish when people talked about how Kanye is a big trump supporter now, they would also reference the well-known fact that he has recently spent some time in psychiatric hospitals, takes psych meds, and  has had breakdowns due to changing his dosages.   put his comments about trump in some perspective.  yes, we shouldn't be diagnosing him, but he does have a history that is pertinent. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 17

Whoopi cannot be that confused or naïve to not understand why Trump and his advisors are now backtracking about things they said about Hillary Clinton and her being investigated when it applies to one of their own.  

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 15
48 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Thanks!  There was so much screeching, I couldn't hear what was going on.  All I heard was Joy saying MM had no sense of humor.  Which she doesn't.

I was hoping for more from Dr. Phil.  Kind of a boring show, all told.

Edited by Tanichka
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

That "whatever" hand gesture from Joy to Meghan was epic. I laughed out loud, too!

It isn't on here yet and I am so looking forward to exactly this!  

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is just awful and she needs to go.  

Go Joy! she pushed back on  Megan.  She wants to take Joy down, so bad.. 

So unfortunate that Meghan keeps The View in the news.  We all want the news to be is that Meghan is gone.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 16

That was too good though. Joy is about to unleash on her. Reading the comments on social media are hilarious. 2 completely different opinions that are stated so strongly that they would flip on at the drop of a hat if the parties were switched. Part of me wants Joy to keep it together, but it would be delicious to watch her rip Meghan to shreds. I want to see her flee the stage in tears, cussing out the audience and all the mean dumb people. It would be so good.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

It isn't on here yet and I am so looking forward to exactly this!  

Joy could (should) have eviscerated Meghan but the whole thing still made my day! ?

1 minute ago, HoboClayton said:

That was too good though. Joy is about to unleash on her. Reading the comments on social media are hilarious.

I watched the clip again and after Joy told Meghan that she has no sense of humor, she added, “that’s your problem.” ???? 

I am dyingggg at the comments on social media about Meghan McManiac’s meltdown over two words. I guess she likes embarrassing herself for the sake of making headlines. 

• Love 17

I know most will talk about Joy and Meghan getting at it again (I feel like Joy really doesn't care for Meghan at all. But more than that, she was fine with everyone before, even Elisabeth, so it's crazy just how quickly Joy soured on Meghan)

Anyways, instead of talking about them, I just want to mention that Sunny's tea drinking game is still on point. She's truly my favourite part whenever Meghan and Joy go at each other.

• Love 22

I may be alone in feeling this way but Sara is starting to get on my nerves. She’s constantly explaining the other hosts and what they mean to Meghan. If she’s that damn confused and lost all the time maybe - just maybe - she needs to seek employment elsewhere? 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Orillia said:

There've been times this week when she seemed almost human. However, I'm not about to jump on the Meghan love train any time soon because I know she'll be back to normal before you know it.

Well , that didn't take long.

• Love 22
Just now, backformore said:

When Meghan joined the show, she talked about how honored she was to be sitting in Hasselbeck's chair, and referenced the split screen incident between Bitsy and Rosie.    She was hoping for something similar, and said she was ready to do battle with Joy (I don't recall her exact words) She wanted a "moment", an epic takedown of Joy that will live forever, that will be her legacy, and Meghan might want to leave the show at some point, but she does not want to leave until this happens. 

I believe that she was trying for that today -  saying Joy was MEAN!  that she told a joke, "but nobody laughed", and then saying they should walk back their comments from yesterday about liking Melania, since now they're attacking her.  

Meghan, I think, wanted that to be HER moment, her time to take down Joy for being a mean old liberal hypocrite.  It backfired. 

(though, judging by The View clips I've seen on YouTube, I bet there will be a clip titled "Meghan McCain DESTROYS joy Behar over mean joke!")

That's true, which is why she always goes after Joy. What she doesn't understand is that the only reason that split screen happened was because Rosie wasn't feeling it that day.

I'm in the minority, but that moment was all Rosie's fault, since she brought a personal matter on the show. The thing is, and what Meghan doesn't remember, is that Elisabeth and Rosie got along before that point. Elisabeth started opening up more and I believe they visited each other's places too. They were kind of like friends before this point, which is why the conversation was emotionally heated.

I agreed with Rosie's point and didn't feel like she should have been attacked by Fox, but she shouldn't have brought up on the show like that. After this, Elisabeth took a nose dive for the worst since people didn't take her seriously for her views.

Meghan needs to be more like Jed and Ana and even Paula in saying their piece and respecting different opinions. That will get her more jobs in the future, instead of being laughed at for not taking a joke.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Joy has been a little subdued since Meghan’s outburst.  I wonder if she’s reached her limit with how much she’s willing to put up with.

I worry about that every day.  With Meghan's obvious support from ABC executives and Whoopi's constant shade at Joy...I wonder how long she'll take it.  I wish I could think of some secret message or inexpensive gift (all the same) we could all send to show our support.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, backformore said:

When Meghan joined the show, she talked about how honored she was to be sitting in Hasselbeck's chair, and referenced the split screen incident between Bitsy and Rosie.    She was hoping for something similar, and said she was ready to do battle with Joy (I don't recall her exact words) She wanted a "moment", an epic takedown of Joy that will live forever, that will be her legacy, and Meghan might want to leave the show at some point, but she does not want to leave until this happens. 

I believe that she was trying for that today -  saying Joy was MEAN!  that she told a joke, "but nobody laughed", and then saying they should walk back their comments from yesterday about liking Melania, since now they're attacking her.  

Meghan, I think, wanted that to be HER moment, her time to take down Joy for being a mean old liberal hypocrite.  It backfired. 

(though, judging by The View clips I've seen on YouTube, I bet there will be a clip titled "Meghan McCain DESTROYS joy Behar over mean joke!")

Thanks for the refresher, I had forgotten that she came locked and loaded.  This explains why she is always ready for a fight; she has a plan.   The biggest, baddest hawk on TV wants her day to be exalted by her peers.    Ta Da!  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

I worry about that every day.  With Meghan's obvious support from ABC executives and Whoopi's constant shade at Joy...I wonder how long she'll take it.  I wish I could think of some secret message or inexpensive gift (all the same) we could all send to show our support.

She will take it; it doesn't bother her as much as we may think.  She loves this job and will not walk away.  She said "I got my job back"when she returned after being fired by Barbara years ago. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Joy knows what’s up, imo.

The blow up will come courtesy of Whoopi, imo.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

Thanks for the refresher, I had forgotten that she came locked and loaded.  This explains why she is always ready for a fight; she has a plan.   The biggest, baddest hawk on TV wants her day to be exalted by her peers.    Ta Da!  

MM is trying too hard. I dont think she'll get her split screen unless she does something.... well.. IDK what.

• Love 5

I wonder if Joy knows that MM is actively trying to get Joy fired. 

Joy could shred MM in a heartbeat. I wonder why she doesn't. However, the , "you have no sense of humor" was a good start.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, ari333 said:

MM is trying too hard. I dont think she'll get her split screen unless she does something.... well.. IDK what.

Rosie had said after that happened that the behind the scenes people had to have known there was going to be a blow up because it takes advance notice to produce a split screen on TV.  

So unless someone behind the scenes is in Meghan's corner I don't see it happening.  

5 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I wonder if Joy knows that MM is actively trying to get Joy fired. 

How can she not?  Jan Levenson just posted above Meghan's husband's website seems to be gunning for her.

If ABC were to choose Meghan over Joy I think people would storm the studio.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 16
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

Rosie had said after that happened that the behind the scenes people had to have known there was going to be a blow up because it takes advance notice to produce a split screen on TV.  

So unless someone behind the scenes is in Meghan's corner I don't see it happening.  

Even Make up and wardrobe are resisting.

• Love 15