Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/23/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

When Whoopi is on, she is ON. 

Exactly. She was in rare form today, and by rare form I mean she was making sense. It’s so weird - on other shows, she’s almost always articulate and great. On The View, there’s no way of knowing which Whoopi will show up. 

26 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

Joy isn't emotionally invested enough in Meghan to have that kind of reaction.

...which is why, for the most part, I think Joy doesn’t fight back. She doesn’t care enough. She also has to know at this point that Meghan is doing most, if not all, of this for ratings... and to retweet articles that say she “took down” that loud-mouth liberal. ????

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Wings said:

The comments are delightful!  

The comments are one sided because it is a left wing news media site. Of coarse the comments are going to be negative towards MM.

Meghan is a complete child, and it's lost on me how she could be defended when she throws her tantrums. Girl, say what you want to say by all means. But, you are 33 years old now!  It's just embarrassing.. I bet she broke many a door when she was growing up with all the slamming and stomping. I don't see how people close to her could tell her that she's doing a good job. She's acting like a petulant, spoiled, child. Really John and Cindy? You did a bad job when it comes to that. You can just see how she is used to getting her way by acting like that. Gross. 

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, Ohboy said:

The comments are one sided because it is a left wing news media site. Of coarse the comments are going to be negative towards MM.

Yes, I got that.  ;>

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, Ohboy said:

I wasn’t really paying attention to left/right wing bias. The comments are funny (to me) and I shared the link because I figured they’d be funny to others who comment on this thread who dislike Meghan. It’s not that serious. ??‍♀️

• Love 23
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'd like to see that article.

Here is the latest one, talking about it. It says, Season to date, "The View" is posting gains compared to the same point last season in Total Viewers (+1% - 2.927 million vs. 2.891 million), marking its most watched season in 4 years - since the 2013-14 season.

Like I said, I think people tune in, cause it's kind of like watching a train wreck, you can't look away, when Meghan gets riled up. :)

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/ABCs-THE-VIEW-Improves-on-the-Previous-Week-in-All-Key-Target-Demos-20180424

• Love 1
3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

I'm not so sure I want Meghan gone. If her presence translates into higher ratings then that may be a good thing.

I worry that her presence will cause Joy to retire.  She doesn't need the crap she puts up with M-F.

• Love 14

What were the ratings like last Thursday and Friday when MM wasn't on?  Joy probably doesn't bother fighting back when she can sit back, waive "whatever" and let MM dig herself into a deeper hole.

• Love 6

Based on the clips for the rest of the show, MM seemed almost quiet and mute.  What could she have contributed to the Ben Carson segment especially when Sunny and Whoopi covered everything that needed to be covered.  

Q ratings (not sure if they still do those) have proven the downfall of Star, Bitzy, Joy, and Paula (down to part-time)... so maybe Meghan will be downgraded eventually.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Onceafan said:

Here is the latest one, talking about it. It says, Season to date, "The View" is posting gains compared to the same point last season in Total Viewers (+1% - 2.927 million vs. 2.891 million), marking its most watched season in 4 years - since the 2013-14 season.

Like I said, I think people tune in, cause it's kind of like watching a train wreck, you can't look away, when Meghan gets riled up. :)

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/ABCs-THE-VIEW-Improves-on-the-Previous-Week-in-All-Key-Target-Demos-20180424

The reason I don't think the ratings have anything to do with Meghan is they've been saying the same thing steadily for the several years now.

Here's an article from the beginning of May 2017 (5 months before Meghan started):

'Season to date, "The View" is posting gains compared to the same point last season in Total Viewers (+4% - 2.884 million vs. 2.771 million) marking its most watched season in 3 years - since the 2013-14 season.'

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/ABCs-THE-VIEW-Leads-The-Talk-in-All-Key-Target-Demos-20170503

And, for what it's worth, Joy herself attributed the rise in ratings for shows like theirs (and other politics-related shows) to Trump a week or two ago. I personally attribute it to the fact that they finally locked down a relatively stable panel 2 years ago with Whoopi/Sara/Joy/Sunny. Either way, Meghan can't take credit for a yearly gradual rise, imo.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I worry that her presence will cause Joy to retire.  She doesn't need the crap she puts up with M-F.

Yep thats what I said back when this shitstorm started.  I pray that she doesnt one day say I dont need this crap, and dial it back a little.  I dont think she needs the $$$.  she could relax and read while cussing out the show on tv  she can pursue her ideals and not let some asshole twit take it away from you.  However, if she gets to that point, just reach deep inside of you. All your bawdy badself will take care of you. Not some fuckface. (channeling Yoda)

Edited by Tammee
More
On 4/25/2018 at 8:35 AM, RHJunkie said:

I didn't realize she had other books, lol. I would be willing to check it out if it's in the library. But I'm not buying it.

Any book by such a person is ghostwritten (with the celeb). I work for a ghostwriting firm...there are many and it's common operating procedure.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Tosia said:

We know Meh-gan couldn't give a shit about Melania;  she's just trying to make a name for herself for future jobs when the McCain name recedes from public view over time, and Meh-gan continues to be ridiculed for stupid gaffes.

I was showing my better half the whole J. Edgar Hoover gaffe and Googled Youtube for it and it pulled up YEARS of unbelievable gaffes.  We laughed for an hour.  She really has not had a good education.  I think she was probably schooled, we know she was in private school, in the womanly arts of poise, FAIL, charm, FAIL, debate, FAIL and other highbrow arts.

Today's show was unbelievable.  MM was out of her mind.  Loved how Joy just shut her down to where she barely said anything the rest of the show.  I get "take your kid to work day" but why would anyone bring an infant, toddler or anyone under the age of 6?

Wanted to say:  Of course MM called french fries freedom fries.  The whole anti-French sentiment was dumb back in the day since France has always had our back since the American Revolution.  One might argue that King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette lost their heads for emptying their coffers on our behalf against the British.

The discussion of Trump grooming Macron - first off, in the animal world the leader is groomed.  Trump got that backwards but I really think he wanted to embarrass Macron with the dandruff comment.  Macron just laughed his way through the few days and probably met Obama for a beer and a laugh on his way home.  Macron is not stupid and knows what is up with us right now.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

She really has not had a good education.

Her local Catholic girls' high school has an excellent reputation and provides a great education; whether she took advantage is another story.  She's a graduate of Columbia (Art History), but maybe her know-it-all pitbull attitude keeps things from going into her brain and staying.

• Love 8

MM needs to take a break, as she is unable to cope with her father’s medical situation.

It seems to me that it is part the reason why she is acting so child like at this time. She is regressing because of the stress.

she is still a brat, though.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

a wasted seat on the panel. 

That perfectly sums up MM's presence on this show.  It's a completely wasted opportunity to have reasoned, adult, informed discussions.  I am begging TPTB to cajole, entice, (pay-through-the-nose, whatever it takes )Ana Navarro to move to NY, bump-slide Meggie off that stool and take a rightful place as the voice of conservative reason on the panel.  And she's funny, to boot! 

• Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Today's show was unbelievable.  MM was out of her mind.  Loved how Joy just shut her down to where she barely said anything the rest of the show.  I get "take your kid to work day" but why would anyone bring an infant, toddler or anyone under the age of 6?

People seem to think it's fine to take really little kids to all sorts of places they don't belong. One good example are the idiots who take babies to into movie theaters.

RBM's behavior yesterday was infuriating. I was surprised that she actually stayed quiet after Joy shut her down. I happily FF'd through the Dr. Phub interview.  I ended up FF'd through some other parts of the show too so I missed why Sara brought up her Mom's Parkinson's Disease.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

MM needs to take a break, as she is unable to cope with her father’s medical situation.

It seems to me that it is part the reason why she is acting so child like at this time. She is regressing because of the stress.

Dr.  LIMOM, I think your analysis is right on the money. It's a tough situation to deal with and everyone reacts differently. I found myself being nicer to people  as the small things just didn't seem that important. However, that being said, it's not like she's gone through a major personality change. She's always been annoying.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Orillia said:

Dr.  LIMOM, I think your analysis is right on the money. It's a tough situation to deal with and everyone reacts differently. I found myself being nicer to people  as the small things just didn't seem that important. However, that being said, it's not like she's gone through a major personality change. She's always been annoying.

Far from being Dr LIMOM, more like BEENTHEREDONETHATMOM (both ways).

agreed that she is annoying and a brat ;-)

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Orillia said:

She's always been annoying.

Meghan is more than annoying.  She is obnoxious.  Stress or not she is a very privileged woman in her 30s.  I had seen her before her father's illness and even then she wasn't very nice.

The way she reacted to Joy yesterday was not how an adult should behave.  Especially towards a coworker.  And on live TV no less.  If that had happened at any millions of workplaces she would have been reprimanded or worse.

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

It's a completely wasted opportunity to have reasoned, adult, informed discussions

I've said many times the only Republican co-host that was a reasoned adult was Nicolle.  And they of course let her go.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Of course MM called french fries freedom fries. 

Meghan is very reactionary.  She flies off the handle way too easily.  She doesn't seem able to process information before reacting to it.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I think her father's illness probably compounds the problem but I'm not sure it's wholly the reason for her behaviour. I've seen Meghan sit on other panels and discuss things with people of opposing views and I can't recall other occasions outside of The View where she becomes so aggressively reactionary. The only similar trait she shares when on other shows is that when some points out her inaccuracies and or says something that her tribal brain can't retort quick enough, she just goes silent and that's when you know you've got her. I know Ana is a family friend of the McCain's (or so I've read on this forum) and Meghan doesn't behave that way with Ana. I think the main crux of the issue (in my mind) is that Meghan doesn't genuinely respect her co-starts as being able intellectual participants in a politically driven discussion. I think it's her arrogance having come from a political family and discussing politics with a table full of other women who have no history of actively participating in politics. I think in Meghan's mind, she subconsciously feels she's more intelligent to discuss these issues and so she feels way too comfortable in admonishing the women like they're children.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I've said many times the only Republican co-host that was a reasoned adult was Nicolle.  And they of course let her go.

I am lucky enough to enjoy Nicolle on HER OWN show...every weekday on MSNBC.  She's bright, articulate, and keeps things running smoothly.  Most of all, she has a great sense of humor and laughs a lot while discussing things intelligently.  (Her hair was better on "The View.")

• Love 19

I don’t think her father’s health has anything to do with her vitriol!  She and her husband have an extreme right agenda and they are on a roll with it.  

I wish someone would bring up their desire to get Joy fired.  I doubt that will happen.  Well, maybe if she pushes Joy too far.   This has to change the cast dynamic and vibe with the entire crew.    Thanks for bringing her husband’s site to light, @Jan Levenson

She can no longer claim she has a friendship with Joy.  I never believed she did but she loved to brag about that. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 19

The thing that bothered me the most was her utter lack of propriety for the situation (Kids' Day) & I'm sure Joy wasn't impressed with being screamed at in front of her grandson.  I'll bet today is going to be very awkward!!!

Oops ... spoke too soon ... Meggie went running back went to "visit" her Mom & Dad. 

Edited by Medicine Crow
Correction.
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'll bet today is going to be very awkward!!!

According to Joy, Meghan is visiting her father. Part of me thinks all the backlash she received on social media about her nasty behavior yesterday may also be why she isn't there today. 

• Love 10

Is there any possibility that the producers tell Meghan to act this way in order to gain ratings?  I'm not defending her at all, however, if the powers that be see great ratings they're more likely to keep this twit on for another season.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

According to Joy, Meghan is visiting her father. Part of me thinks all the backlash she received on social media about her nasty behavior yesterday may also be why she isn't there today. 

This lack of professionalism is not an aberration, but something that is getting progressively worse each day. If she were anyone else, she'd have been fired. this is NOT the now defunct Cross-Fire. Everyone at the table gets to speak, but this harridan refuses. She thinks she's the owner of the show and moderator, and her word is LAW.

Just now, piano said:

Is there any possibility that the producers tell Meghan to act this way in order to gain ratings?  I'm not defending her at all, however, if the powers that be see great ratings they're more likely to keep this twit on for another season.

No. Because as has been stated up thread, the show has been increasing in ratings BEFORE this hateful beast showed up. My speculation is, with this show, she can be more visible to the nation. When she was on Fox, I didn't even know she was. She wasn't even on my radar, except that I knew she was McCain's daughter.

After joining this show, everydamnbody wants her on their show, because she claims she's the FACE of Conservative/Republicans. I don't recall her ever doing the tour of Sunday morning shows until she showed up HERE.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

Ugh. I know she's popular here, but I don't like Paula. 

I have not seen any praise for her here.  In comparison to Elsa, her calm delivery is better.   

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

After joining this show, everydamnbody wants her on their show, because she claims she's the FACE of Conservative/Republicans. I don't recall her ever doing the tour of Sunday morning shows until she showed up HERE.

She is not doing her tribe any favors being their representative.  She isn't doing herself any favors.  Meghan is making a name for herself as a rabid mean spirited shrew.  Her tribe might like that but for everyone else we find her one trick pony.  And the trick is getting tiresome.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, backformore said:

I see Megs is taking the day off today.

Jason Biggs, ugh!

Why the ugh for Biggs?  I know nothing about him but his name is familiar.  

I think it is entirely possible Meghan wanted to go home today having nothing to do with her father!  

I wonder just how many 'conservatives' consider themselves in her tribe.  I don't think her following is very large. 

Edited by Wings
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What's funny is that she likes to call herself a political pundit but when she's doing these tours, she's never introduced as such; they say, "and here's co-host of ABC's The View, Meghan McCain." 

17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This lack of professionalism is not an aberration, but something that is getting progressively worse each day. If she were anyone else, she'd have been fired. this is NOT the now defunct Cross-Fire. Everyone at the table gets to speak, but this harridan refuses.

As of late it seems like every time she goes completely off the rails, the next day she's visiting her dad or she's sick. Seems to me like the higher-ups keep telling her to take the day off after she causes a shit storm, as if that will make viewers forget the next day. Sorry, execs, but we're not gonna forget.

17 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Kathy Griffin next week?  I want to see that!

Meghan is gonna go bat shit crazy again but Kathy definitely will not put up with her mess.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Wings said:

I wonder just how many 'conservatives' consider themselves in her tribe.  I don't think her following is very large. 

I wouldn't even put her in the top ten of blond conservative "pundits".

6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

As of late it seems like every time she goes completely off the rails, the next day she's visiting her dad or she's sick. Seems to me like the higher-ups keep telling her to take the day off after she causes a shit storm, as if that will make viewers forget the next day. Sorry, execs, but we're not gonna forget.

She does seem to be absent the day after she goes off the rails.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

What's funny is that she likes to call herself a political pundit but when she's doing these tours, she's never introduced as such; they say, "and here's co-host of ABC's The View, Meghan McCain." 

I’m guessing she’s under contract with ABC News and contractually required to appear on the other shows in addition to The View. Sunny and Sara probably have similar contracts since they appear on GMA regularly. 

Biggs isn’t bugging me that much. He can be a bit of an idiot, but he’s tolerable today. Considering the guests, he really wasn’t necessary. They could have handled the show with only four hosts today. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I’m guessing she’s under contract with ABC News and contractually required to appear on the other shows in addition to The View. Sunny and Sara probably have similar contracts since they appear on GMA regularly. 

I guess my main point is that the other ladies don't ever refer to themselves as something that they're not. Meghan frequently calls herself a political analyst.

• Love 7