Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Season Finale: The Runaway Runway

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I thought the photos were horrible.

The photos using Dorit, even with her head cropped out were horrible. Your eyes should be drawn to the jewelry and for me they weren't in any of her photos. One she is carrying a clear globe - I'm drawn to the weird wrinkle at her wrist and the clear globe in her hand - that should have been photoshopped out and the photographer should have had her turn her hand so that the jewelry was on display. The photos of her in the black pleather top - eek! I was too busy looking at the weird lumps and bumps on her body than the jewelry. The stylist and director of the shoot should have been commenting on those issues as the photos were being taken,

If Mark and LVP chose the best photos I can't imagine what the worst ones looked like.

I agree!!!!!  They were soooooooo bad!  Those are the BEST ones they got? !?!?!?!

I gotta stand with Doritos on this one - that shoot sucked. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Kind of like we all do in these threads, week after week?

But aren't we responding to the content they give us? If they're being repetitive then of course we will be too.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

How big is the house?  It seems so tiny to me.  Adrienne’s house was massive, LVP’s first house was ginormous too.  Camille’s Malibu retreat was insanely big.  Kyle’s new house looked like a tiny little box. 

It's 10,600 square feet. It's definitely a big home by the average person's standard in terms of square footage but I agree that the home doesn't have a gigantic feel to it. It doesn't look like a home of 10,600 square feet (which I think may be bigger than her last home). I think what makes it deceiving is because the home doesn't take up that much land space. It's a boxed looking home and built up rather than built out. I assume the home has large closets and between the closets and 800 square foot balcony (which aren't livable spaces) and the basement which I suspect is included in the square footage specs, you certainly see a much small home than the specs suggest. I would take that home over a lot of the homes I see on the RH franchise. I love the yard space in the front and back, love the colonial style of the home but I was disappointed seeing the sketches for the future designs. The home looks so inviting but the designs look quite sterile, imo.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It's 10,600 square feet. It's definitely a big home by the average person's standard in terms of square footage but I agree that the home doesn't have a gigantic feel to it. It doesn't look like a home of 10,600 square feet (which I think may be bigger than her last home). I think what makes it deceiving is because the home doesn't take up that much land space. It's a boxed looking home and built up rather than built out. I assume the home has large closets and between the closets and 800 square foot balcony (which aren't livable spaces) and the basement which I suspect is included in the square footage specs, you certainly see a much small home than the specs suggest. I would take that home over a lot of the homes I see on the RH franchise. I love the yard space in the front and back, love the colonial style of the home but I was disappointed seeing the sketches for the future designs. The home looks so inviting but the designs look quite sterile, imo.

I think the design sketches look sterile, because Faye and Kyle have such bad taste. I hate saying that, but I just don't like their style.  They're going to ruin that lovely home. 

Is the guest house included in that square footage?  My "mother-in-law cottage" is included in my square footage.  Also, finished basements do count towards our square footage, as well, so I assume it's the same in CA. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I would love to have the backyard but the house, while beautiful, is way too large for my taste (my husband and I don't need 5000 square feet each).  But if one had a large family, it would be different.  It seems silly for Kyle to be upgrading the size of her house though since aren't most of her kids in school?  I am a giant animal lover.  HUGE!  If what I spied in Kyle's old house was damage done by the dogs, they would either be in doggy school or I would not spend on a fortune on the floors/walls these dogs can access.  LVP has a giant, nice house and a gazillion creatures sharing her space.  I don't notice the same janky floorboards.  It seems like a normal thing in fancy houses though.  I have mentioned before my husband used to do work in fancy Montecito homes and it was not unusual for beautiful homes to smell like pee and have dog shit/vomit all over the place.  I guess they don't take the time to train and clean up after messes?  That is for staff apparently and they are satisfied to wait for the staff to clean it up.

I think Kyle sent the dogs for training when they were on the vacation where the house got robbed.  Whether or not it stuck once they came home, well...I guess we have to watch what happens.  (I hate myself for just typing that.)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

But aren't we responding to the content they give us? If they're being repetitive then of course we will be too.

Exactly!  I would love for something better to talk about - but this season did not bring much for discussion.  

I am trying to decide if I should even watch the reunion.  I probably will, just out of habit, but I am not excited about it.  

I can tell the difference in shows now, when I watch rhnyc, I am excited to watch and I am sad when it is over.  When I watch this, I am usually so bored I need to have my phone near me to keep me entertained.  

I think they sister dynamic was interesting the first season, so Kim and Kyle brought something to the show.  But now, what does Kyle bring?  

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

That is surprising, I will have to go online to see more.  I do not get a spacious feeling from what we saw.  She did mention having a movie theater, so yeah there must be a bit more going on underground.

Maybe I am just so put off by those black and white tiles I can't see past them and it is making me hate the house.  I bet the people that buy her old house promptly rip out the black and white that she just put in there.  So awful!

• Love 2

Those black and white tiles are horrendous, imo. Did Faye also decorate Kris Kardashian’s home? She has the same shitty tiles. 

The problem with Kyle is , not only she is a follower but she follows people with no taste.

Tacky. Tacky. Tacky. 

• Love 14

I agree with the general consensus that Kyle’s interior design taste is lacking. That home was lovely until Faye got her hands on it. Kyle’s talking head interviews look like they were filmed in the completed house, and it looks garish and ultra Hollywood contemporary- yuck. 

Why didn’t Kyle and Maurice finish renovating their new house before moving in? Their previous home wasn’t sold at the time, and they could have waited and then moved in to a completely finished home. Maybe Kyle wanted it shown before the season ended?! 

Edited by Juliegirlj
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, sadiebyuca said:

I think the design sketches look sterile, because Faye and Kyle have such bad taste. I hate saying that, but I just don't like their style.  They're going to ruin that lovely home. 

Is the guest house included in that square footage?  My "mother-in-law cottage" is included in my square footage.  Also, finished basements do count towards our square footage, as well, so I assume it's the same in CA. 

I don't know if it's included but I assumed it wasn't because it's a separate building. Finished basements aren't included in square footage in my area either but I assumed that it was likely a possibility because I just don't see how that house is 10,600 square foot without considering space that isn't visible to the naked eye. Again, if the house is larger toward the back of the house then I guess that could work but 10,600 for what you can see seems pretty deceiving to me, lol.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:03 AM, HelloOutThere said:

I literally LOL’d when Lisa mentioned that Dorit’s face was cropped out of the magazine because in England they punish misbehaving with an “Off with her head!!” She really is the Queen of Diamonds. 

I think it’s funny that Kyle felt the need to produce “American Woman” (which looks awful, sorry to say) to “tell her story.” It’s like...you already exposed all of your family’s dirty laundry by being on this show! It started with “YOU’RE AN ALCOHOLIC, THERE I SAID IT! NOW EVERYBODY KNOWS!!”

Yes, yes-- 1,000 times, YES!

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, Jel said:

I think what these ladies don't fully get is that when you apologize, a part of that apology is the (unspoken) promise not to do the same thing again.  And also, not to do yourself the sort of thing that required the apology in the first place. 

EXACTLY!  I had a friend who I had to finally blast for this one day:  "All you do is talk shit, apologize for it, and then talk shit again!"

That, does not an apology make!

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:05 AM, absolutelyido said:

When Camille told Kyle she got engaged, it seemed to me that Kyle couldn't make a full smile because her cheeks were so frozen from botox. 

I noticed this, too!  It was very distracting...and creepy, for that matter.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I posted this under the "Gag Gift" episode thread, when it aired:

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, Miss Bones said:

YES!!  Thank you!

While I don't condone using "I was drunk" as a frequent excuse for asshole behavior, I have thought the same thing regarding these women, on many occasions! 

For example, Erika's complete freak-out on Eileen in Hong Kong, over her son.  In Erika's TH's after, she was all "Yeah...Eileen just touched a nerve, I guess..."  Umm, a very very drunken nerve!  I kept waiting for her to add something like "and the amount of alcohol consumed didn't help", but she never did.  

After watching this week's episode, I am inclined to believe that Kyle's behavior at the fashion show was another one of these cases.  To me, it seemed like Kyle was already pretty toasty when Erika first came over to say hello to her.  She asked Erika a question (I cannot recall what it was), and pretty belligerently talked over Erika while Erika was trying to answer the question that Kyle had ASKED her.  Then, when Kyle was done talking over her, Erika was like "Oookay, as I was saying..."  It definitely came off to me that Kyle was already pretty drunk.  It was cocktail hour, after all.

Then, when Kyle made the comment about how she could be a hand model without even needing a glam squad, it again came off to me as drunken playfulness.  Albeit, one of those drunken comments that you (Kyle) make, that you yourself may find funny, but the person that you make the comment to (Dorit) may not find to be as funny.  Then when she left, all upset, she sloppily kisses everyone on both cheeks, including Dorit, the person she is most annoyed with...?  Drunk move.  At least, that's how I interpreted it. 

And just like in my above quote, I guarantee--even if she were hammered--that she would never say "I had had more than enough to drink, so maybe I was a little OTT".   It could really be as simple as that for them--in a lot of the situations where they've all had more than enough to drink--to at least admit that the over consumption of alcohol played a big role in the dramatics.  But it's  not like Kyle needs booze to be OTT dramatic.

Lastly, I am not the biggest Erika fan, lately, but I am definitely on her side about the whole not getting involved with petty shit that she forgave 2 years ago, just because one these other fools wants to rehash it, for the 1,568 time.  However, when Erika left, and Teddi said she thinks it just bugged Kyle that Erika didn't butt in to say that she didn't blame Kyle, Erika totally shut Teddi down and said something to the affect of "No, Teddi, I don't think that's it at all.  I think you're wrong about that", it was so obviously her just shutting Teddi down because she has a problem with Teddi.  And Teddi had it right on the nose-- As Kyle said in her TH, she was a little mad Erika didn't cut in.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I agree with the general consensus that Kyle’s interior design taste is lacking. That home was lovely until Faye got her hands on it. Kyle’s talking head interviews look like they were filmed in the completed house, and it looks garish and ultra Hollywood contemporary- yuck. 

Why didn’t Kyle and Maurice finish renovating their new house before moving in? Their previous home wasn’t sold at the time, and they could have waited and then moved in to a completely finished home. Maybe Kyle wanted it shown before the season ended?! 

Bet you. It is a write off/business expense.

• Love 3
On 4/17/2018 at 9:10 PM, Bronzedog said:

Jiggy always looks miserable.  I want to watch Kyle's show, but, from the little we saw, it looked like a badly acted soap opera.  Hope I'm wrong.

Granted it was a small clip, but I was also shocked at how bad Alicia Silverstone looked. Her teeth and skin looked terrible, like she was a lifetime smoker. I know she's older than her Clueless days, but she's still a beautiful woman.

As much as I normally enjoy seeing into these ladies' lavish wardrobes, I thought it was almost cruel to show Kyle's closet like that, knowing that major parts of it were stolen later. Must've been hard for her to see. All those Birkins! I know it's just stuff, and I assume they have a good home insurance policy, but still, that's hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

22 hours ago, Showthyme said:

On another note, Lisa Rinna should put in a call to Jeff Lewis. Her house can use some updating. 

I would totally watch that Bravo spinoff! Certainly more enjoyable than Bethenny and Frederik. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It’s so terrible!  Why would anyone think that looks good?

Raises hand.....I love it.  I think I've come to the defense of the marble in every episode thread here.  And I love here house too.  I hope she changes her mind about ripping out that banister.  

• Love 10

Was that a cigarette Mauricio was getting ready to smoke when Kyle had her hissy, or was he vaping?

Kyle said on Twitter that it wasn't installed until after they got robbed 

The problem was that no one turned on the security system.

They had the alarm system turned on-they ignored the alerts.  

Damn, how many different explanations were given? Anyway, no sympathies if they were actually that dumb and careless.

Shit's hinky. Maybe Kyle wanted a fresh collection of bags and jewelry to go with her new house and new teeth. Or, maybe the robbery was karma for stealing Kim's goddamnhouse.

I think Ken is happiest when he is with Lisa and their dogs at home.

And hanging out at Vanderpump Dogs, with puppies stuffed in his shirt.

I'm assuming Jonathan Antin's house call included some wig maintenance for Rinna?

I liked some of Dorit's pieces, some I didn't. They weren't as horrible as I was expecting, given previous comments.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Raises hand.....I love it.  I think I've come to the defense of the marble in every episode thread here.  And I love here house too.  I hope she changes her mind about ripping out that banister.  

Me, too!  We are currently renovating our home, and I am going to do black and white checkered tile in my new laundry room.  It won't be marble, but same sort of idea.

• Love 8

I also thought Delilah looked absolutely beautiful on the cover of Vogue Japan

Her lips seem to be betting bigger. I hope she is not going to end up like her mother. 

I dislike Dorit so much that PK seems like the pleasant one of the two. I wasn't as irritated by her last season. I'm not sure what happened. 

The women usually look better in the THs due to the good lighting and professional make-up, but Rinna looks a bit harsh to me. Too much make-up. And LVP is showing a bit too much cleavage in her TH.

Most of the swimsuits were too skimpy for most women, especially older ones. Rinna could probably pull off one of them, but I'm not sure about the rest of the BH women. 

Has Ericka's husband been written out of the show? We hardly see him anymore. Or is he more ill than she let on?

• Love 4

guys, it would've been cool if Teddi's dad would have hung out w/her every once in awhile...I'm sure I would've enjoyed it just as much as Mama Joyce or Mama Elsa or Marge Sr!!!

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, teapot said:

guys, it would've been cool if Teddi's dad would have hung out w/her every once in awhile...I'm sure I would've enjoyed it just as much as Mama Joyce or Mama Elsa or Marge Sr!!!

re parent appearances:  for the others mentioned, the only way for them to go is up......for JCM, the only way for him to go is down.  

• Love 8
On 4/18/2018 at 7:26 AM, noveltylibrary said:

Does anyone else think American Woman looks straight from Lifetime?

I've seen a lot of Lifetime movies that look much better than American Woman. I understand Kyle appeared on Little House on the Prarie, but what else was she on "as a child"? Kim, I remember. Is the only one who "remembers" Kyles "huge" body of acting work Kyle?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Snappy said:

I've seen a lot of Lifetime movies that look much better than American Woman. I understand Kyle appeared on Little House on the Prarie, but what else was she on "as a child"? Kim, I remember. Is the only one who "remembers" Kyles "huge" body of acting work Kyle?

What about that big role in Halloween ?

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

It's funny, but I had no idea who Kim Richards was before this show, but I was very well aware of who Kyle was. In my defense, I am a huge fan of the movie Halloween, and I LOVED Little House. I can't really speak to her earlier child roles, but I do remember seeing her as a teen actor throughout the  80's. There was a television from the mid to late 80's that she was one of the principles on, the name of the show escapes me, but I remember watching it consistently. Kim may have been a child star, but Kyle was a child actor who worked consistently into her teens and adulthood. I don't really care to IMDB this, but if we were to compare their careers, I would say that Kyle is probably ahead based solely on how consistently she worked through her childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. 

EDITED: I actually saw Kyle in a Lifetime Movie as well. I want to say she played someone's party girl friend/sister, who ended up being suffocated in a freezer. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

It's funny, but I had no idea who Kim Richards was before this show, but I was very well aware of who Kyle was. In my defense, I am a huge fan of the movie Halloween, and I LOVED Little House. I can't really speak to her earlier child roles, but I do remember seeing her as a teen actor throughout the  80's. There was a television from the mid to late 80's that she was one of the principles on, the name of the show escapes me, but I remember watching it consistently. Kim may have been a child star, but Kyle was a child actor who worked consistently into her teens and adulthood. I don't really care to IMDB this, but if we were to compare their careers, I would say that Kyle is probably ahead based solely on how consistently she worked through her childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. 

EDITED: I actually saw Kyle in a Lifetime Movie as well. I want to say she played someone's party girl friend/sister, who ended up being suffocated in a freezer. 

ER - Kyle was a recurring nurse.

And I, too, was introduced to Kim Richards on this show.  Never did see her less than shining child star career - probably didn't miss much.

• Love 7

I’m a little surprised that Kyle had her jewelry and expensive bags in an open dressing room/closet.  The room should be electronically locked with only her and Mauricio knowing the combo, no one else should be in that room.  People with a lot of jewelry or expensive items have a wall safe.  How could she not have one?  Also stop bragging about how many expensive bags you own and how well you both are doing, you’re on TV, you’re inviting trouble.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

And I, too, was introduced to Kim Richards on this show.  Never did see her less than shining child star career - probably didn't miss much.

I remember watching Kim in a show in the late 60's/early 70's called Nanny and the Professor when I was little. I loved that show. I think she was in a lot of those weekly Wonderful World of Disney shows too. She was in A LOT of stuff when she was young (pre-teen). I remember her career way more than Kyle's (I had stopped watching both LHOP and ER by the time her characters showed up).

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I remember her career way more than Kyle's (I had stopped watching both LHOP and ER by the time her characters showed up).

Kyle was actually on LHOP very early. You may just not remember her. She was never everywhere the way Kim was.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Snappy said:

She was on LHOP, which is why I first started watching RhoBH, but she was really just "cute kid in the background" - rarely had a line.  Her mom liked it because she was employed, but that's about it.

5 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

Yes - that happened :)  

Edited by princelina
  • Love 2
On 17/04/2018 at 9:25 PM, Straycat80 said:

Not a fan of Dorito’s at all but Kyle always starts shit with her at her big events, PK’s b-day party and now at her ‘come back’ fashion show. 

Dorit started it. She said to Kyle, if you have any issues still air them now- something to that extent- then proceeded to whine andnhuff when Kyle did until Kyle left leaving dorit to lament “she ruins ALL my big nights.” Her whole point of telling Kyle to air her grievances then was to make that statement. She apparently forgets they’re on camera or thought they’d cut that out.  Although, it worked bc it seems so viewers missed her asking Kyle to talk about it and blame Kyle.

doridiot is worthless trash.

On 17/04/2018 at 9:36 PM, Straycat80 said:

Jonathan Antin! I used to watch his show. He still looks the same. I’ll bet he’s still a douche. 

He looked aged enough that I knew I knew him via voice but didn’t recognize him. I gave it a “is that the pussy cat dolls lady’s brother, nah. Doesn’t look like him.”

On 17/04/2018 at 9:36 PM, mwell345 said:

Dorit apparently has no recollection of all the evenings she’s ruined (granted none were a fashion show) with her big drunk mouth.  And really, she put herself in this position.  Kyle’s mad because of stuff that Dorit rehashed For the zillionith time in Berlin. Dorit is the one that needs to start letting things go.  (Well, really they all do).

^^^

On 17/04/2018 at 9:51 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

How can anything be a little too Beverly Hills to Dorit's liking when she believes in an excess of everything???

Jealousy. But I’m guessing that may have been rhetorical.

On 18/04/2018 at 8:33 AM, ghoulina said:

Who is "they"? Is their system not monitored by a security company or are notifications not immediately sent to the police?

I was of the opinion that she stayed because it was Dorit's night and it was the polite thing to do. 

YUP. Love Kyle, but that show looks like a bad joke. 

Nah-vy blau tuxedo. 

Seriously, I thought it was so cute that LVP referenced that movie. It was definitely a down-to-earth moment for her. 

I thought it was funny because every time LVP has her event planner on the show all I can think of is the Father of the Bride guy. Like I totally have wondered if this guy is just a bit modeled after the movie character. 

• Love 10

I’ve always heard that Kevin Lee was the inspiration for Martin Short’s character in Father of the Bride, but that movie came out in 1991.   It was probably in production for two years prior to that.   Who the hell heard about Kevin Lee in 1989??   Was he seriously a force to be reckoned with on the Beverly Hills event planning scene thirty years ago?  I highly doubt that.  He probably modeled himself after Martin Short. 

• Love 7

The exercise in the park scene Teddi & Kyle

Was that some serious shade Kyle was throwing at Kim?

When they start running at the end of the scene Kyle says I'm running to the Beverly Hill Hotel Polo Lounge.

This is where Kim was asked to leave, locked herself in the bathroom, kicked the police officer and was arrested.

Upon sentencing Kim is banned from ever going to the Polo Lounge.

I doubt this will come up at the reunion

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Kalamityjayne said:

Dorit started it. She said to Kyle, if you have any issues still air them now- something to that extent- then proceeded to whine andnhuff when Kyle did until Kyle left leaving dorit to lament “she ruins ALL my big nights.” Her whole point of telling Kyle to air her grievances then was to make that statement. She apparently forgets they’re on camera or thought they’d cut that out.  Although, it worked bc it seems so viewers missed her asking Kyle to talk about it and blame Kyle.

doridiot is worthless trash.

He looked aged enough that I knew I knew him via voice but didn’t recognize him. I gave it a “is that the pussy cat dolls lady’s brother, nah. Doesn’t look like him.”

^^^

Jealousy. But I’m guessing that may have been rhetorical.

I thought it was funny because every time LVP has her event planner on the show all I can think of is the Father of the Bride guy. Like I totally have wondered if this guy is just a bit modeled after the movie character. 

What is funny is I know who the Antin's are because their brother Steve who was in Last American Virgin (they all look alike as well).  Had a HUGE crush on him for about 5 minutes.  Even though his character was an asshole.  I never watched Jonathan's show but I was distracted by the fact he didn't use a cape when cutting Harry Hamlin's hair.  I do NOT like the curly hair on Rinna in the preview.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Kim was on Nanny and the Professor, and was actually adorable in it. Obviously a loooooong time ago (Late 60's/early 70's). She was also in the movie Escape to Witch Mountain, and other things produced by Disney, but I wasn't in the demographic these appealed to any more. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The exercise in the park scene Teddi & Kyle

Was that some serious shade Kyle was throwing at Kim?

When they start running at the end of the scene Kyle says I'm running to the Beverly Hill Hotel Polo Lounge.

This is where Kim was asked to leave, locked herself in the bathroom, kicked the police officer and was arrested.

Upon sentencing Kim is banned from ever going to the Polo Lounge.

I doubt this will come up at the reunion

Kim has been back to the Polo Lounge with Kathy Hilton-they had photos on social media.  Apparently, life time bans have a different meaning in Beverly Hills.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kim has been back to the Polo Lounge with Kathy Hilton-they had photos on social media.  Apparently, life time bans have a different meaning in Beverly Hills.

Kim was with Kathy Hilton, for Christ sakes ;-)

• Love 1

So it sounds like Teddi's husband system wasn't the one present at the time of the burglary so I think it was shitty of Bravo to include that randomsnippet with him and Mauricio when it ended on her new house being burgled. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

So it sounds like Teddi's husband system wasn't the one present at the time of the burglary so I think it was shitty of Bravo to include that randomsnippet with him and Mauricio when it ended on her new house being burgled. 

It does indeed look like Bravo was trying to tee-up a potential storyline for Season 9 but Teddi and Kyle are apparently thick as thieves now (off-camera) and have both commented positively that the security system was not installed yet. 

• Love 3
On 4/19/2018 at 6:44 PM, Snappy said:

I understand Kyle appeared on Little House on the Prarie, but what else was she on "as a child"? Kim, I remember. Is the only one who "remembers" Kyles "huge" body of acting work Kyle?

Idk but feel free to peruse is IMDB.com if you really want to know. 

Like, who said Kyle has a “huge” body of work? Certainly don’t recall Kyle herself saying that-but feel free to correct me if there’s a clip or a quote I don’t know about.

Further, I feel like Kyle freely admits that Kim was the bigger and more well-known actress of the 2 of them. So I’m not sure why people are feeling the need to disparage her about this particular topic. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Like, who said Kyle has a “huge” body of work? Certainly don’t recall Kyle herself saying that-but feel free to correct me if there’s a clip or a quote I don’t know about.

Further, I feel like Kyle freely admits that Kim was the bigger and more well-known actress of the 2 of them. So I’m not sure why people are feeling the need to disparage her about this particular topic. 

I'm with you.  Kyle has never claimed to be a childhood 'star'.  She certainly had a number of gigs growing up and she also had the stint on ER.  I also think she ever said she was on the level of Kim.  I remember Kim from Nanny and the Professor.  And then she had the Disney stuff.

• Love 7
On 4/19/2018 at 8:19 AM, LIMOM said:

Those black and white tiles are horrendous, imo. Did Faye also decorate Kris Kardashian’s home? She has the same shitty tiles. 

The problem with Kyle is , not only she is a follower but she follows people with no taste.

Tacky. Tacky. Tacky. 

Finally watched the finale today. It was so boring that it was putting me to sleep at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon. Thank goodness I didn't watch it "live" on Tuesday. What upper hand Kyle tries to get on Dorit is ruined by her horrible timing. Girl needs both a clue a brain.

That house is hideous. It's like Faye took the leftover set pieces from Scarface and put them Kyle's house. That horrible granite/marble back splash in the kitchen was awful! Did anyone notice the mirrored bedposts? And those awful chairs they were watching the awful sitcom in (I don't have time to even remember or look up what it's called it was so bad)? I told my other half that house was very '80s "coke chic" (must be the era Faye is stuck in). Seems like Jeff Lewis or Nate and Jeremiah would have been a better fit to decorate her house. For someone who had onscreen orgasms over the historic nature of that house, she sure ruined it with that godawful interior.

I now officially can't stand Kyle and hope she eventually leaves the show (or Mauricio leaves her). I think LVP lied at the fashion show about the photo shoot to shut down any confrontation at Dorit's event (again). I bet Dorit won't give two shits about any of that at the reunion since she hated the pics to begin with but Kyle will run with it like rabid dog and hoarse bark her way through another exhausting confrontation with LVP and expect an apology. Can't wait!

• Love 6
On 21/04/2018 at 10:07 PM, Duke2801 said:

I think because people don’t realize what an accomplishment just having ongoing work in acting really is.  I don’t know either sister’s acting creds from watching them-too young, though I did watch ER and now am intrigued as to who she was- but it’s hard to continue to get roles so the fact Kyle did means a lot. Also. Kim may have been in a lot of Disney stuff, but they do and always have recycled their talent. You get in with them, they tend to use you in a lot of projects so her list of Disney creds May = more than kyles, but Kyle had to hustle more to get the number of roles she had. 

Theres no no shame in her game. Idk why she’s getting shade either. In fact she rarely mentions acting until recently when her show development stuff began.

• Love 9
On 4/17/2018 at 6:49 PM, nexxie said:

Yikes - she’s tearing out that pretty staircase!

I thought the same thing!  What a beautiful wood bannister to destroy and install some brass and wrought iron nonsense.  Why??  I had the same feelings when Faye put her stamp on Kyle's previous home -- change purely for the sake of change with no visible improvement.

I thought the same thing about removing the beautiful wood floor for tile.  Dumbass Faye, the "interior designer" -- boggles the mind that she could blithely want to destroy beautiful features in perfectly fine condition.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I thought the same thing!  What a beautiful wood bannister to destroy and install some brass and wrought iron nonsense.  Why??  I had the same feelings when Faye put her stamp on Kyle's previous home -- change purely for the sake of change with no visible improvement.

I thought the same thing about removing the beautiful wood floor for tile.  Dumbass Faye, the "interior designer" -- boggles the mind that an she could blithely want to destroy beautiful features in perfectly fine condition.

Really - Faye is an interior designer with no taste or depth. She’ll strip any meaning or soul right out of the place. Too bad Kyle falls for such idiots!

• Love 6
On 4/17/2018 at 8:12 PM, psychoticstate said:

So Dorit says something like she has no energy to fight which to me translates that she's going to rehash this shit AGAIN at the reunion.  Let it go, Dorit.  Let it go.  

I understand that Erika was probably contractually required to attend Dorit's runway show but for God's sake, when you're sick, don't kiss everyone!

Are there any Beverly Beach by Dorit suits that are in anything other than black and white?  Did Dorit actually design them?  Do I recall that she had a designer and was just putting her name on them?  Does she have any suits that don't ride up your ass?  

Kyle's new house is gorgeous.  I'm in total agreement with sadness over that gorgeous banister being ripped out for wrought iron and (gasp) brass (or did she say bronze?)  Really sorry to hear that her new place was burglarized and items belonging to her mother were taken.  Poor Kyle. Did the security system fail?  Was it not set? 

Congrats to Camille!  I hope she's happy.  The ring is beautiful.  

The majority of those swim suits were just dreadful.  The only colors they had were black and white, and that hideous olive drab-and-black that flatters no one's coloring. 

I hate the mono-kini in any color or form.  The two-pieces all had their asses hanging out of the bottoms that came up to the navel, and the bikini tops looked to be designed for small chested women.  The one-pieces had no fit at all, nevermind support!  Almost all the suits looked terrible even on the skinny swimsuit models -- who are these supposed to appeal to? (Besides Dorit, who's whole persona is about being a businesswoman and a designer, dontcha know.  Shut UP Dorit!)

• Love 2
On 4/17/2018 at 9:09 PM, twilightzone said:

She has earned a 2nd second season, after the hazing she got from mean girls Dorit and Erika.   They will never admit it, but there was a lot of jealousy.  Teddi is younger, more likeable, has a hotter husband, comes from real rock royalty and is liked by OG's Kyle, LVP, Camille.

For next season, it will be cool to see John Mellencamp.

Meh, not for me.  When he became popular in the '70s, I thought of him as nothing more than a poor man's Bob Seeger.  His songs are dumb - never liked a one of them with their beginner chords and simplistic lyrics set to his pedestrian guitar playing.  He has the dubious distinction of having written two songs I most hate, and will turn off the radio if they come on:  Jack and Diane, Little Pink Houses -- utter tripe.  Oh I know they probably made oodles of money, but IMO they are unlistenable.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 6

The history of Kyle's new home:  

From Kyle's thread:

Compare this listing with this one. It’s the same house (Kyle's new house). Do the improvements really make 5 million dollars difference?   

http://www.theagencyre.com/for-sale/17085-rancho-street-encino/

The house as they purchased complete with a guest house:  http://www.theagencyre.com/for-sale/17085-rancho-street-encino/

First off-Faye is not forcing Kyle to re-do her new house.  Kyle is recruiting Faye. Kyle obviously approved of the designs and decor.  The people they bought the home from had already erased much of the character.  It seems the black and white floors  were already there.  Kyle installed the black and white floors in her old home.  I believe she said she first saw the new home because she wanted to check out the black and white floors.  There was no Kyle adding new floors.  Also the kitchen was redone prior to Kyle buying it.  

The staircase-I don't get it but there were a lot of balusters on the staircase.  I noticed the Property Brother who revamped an LA mansion for his forever home removed the rail and used metal instead of wood.  Must be a thing with these reality TV folks.

Kyle's career-she did work steadily from age 5 and starred in a sitcom, I have never heard of, "Down to Earth" in 106 episodes from 1984-1987.  Kyle has kept her foot in the pond so to speak-far more than Kim after about age 16.  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724202/

• Love 4

The mature landscape and in particular the trees are magnificent.

It is great that the house survive as it was built in 1902.

I love the house , it even has a porte cochère. Heather would approve.

It is going to be expensive to renovate, imo. Hopefully, it is cosmetic and the structure and systems are good.

• Love 4