Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The Gaineses attend a homophobic church. They're far more like the Duggars than a lot of people like to admit. 

Oh, I agree with this. I don't particularly like the Gaines, but the Duggars will never be in their league because of their lack of work ethic and education.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I dig it. Maybe Lauren and Jana could team up for a show on the Chip and Joanna channel.

I'd be surprised if this isn't on the Duggar to-do list. (Not that it'll happen. I expect the Gainseses are looking for the more mainstream to hook up with on TeeVee.)

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd be surprised if this isn't on the Duggar to-do list. (Not that it'll happen. I expect the Gainseses are looking for the more mainstream to hook up with on TeeVee.)

Pft, If Jessa can't make it happen (she cant!), Lorsiah has no chance of it happening.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Which is why I gave up on them.

The first time I saw Chip he reminded me so much of Jim Bob I couldn’t watch again. And mind you, the only time I’d seen Jim Bob was when they invaded Say Yes to the Dress. Something about them creeped me out and I wasn’t surprised to learn about their church. 

• Love 16
22 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190127-123345_Instagram.thumb.jpg.958499b202682cd4e9e6c500864eedab.jpg

They finished their guest room. I knew they weren't in that monster house.

But how can you tell that it’s not a room in the monster house?

NVM I now see that Lauren said they aren’t living in giant house anymore 

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, jukie said:

I like this room, clean and crisp lines, 

It's clean and simple, but I don't like the way they did the curtains.  Using two panels on each side of the window would add more "color" and weight to a very light room.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Normades said:

At first I read that as clean crisp linens and I thought that must be a change for Josiah.  It does make me wonder what those boys think when they get married and actually get to sleep in clean beds with sheets.  Then I wonder what the husbands of the girls think when they come home and are expected to sleep on a bare mattress!!  Can you tell the no sheets thing really grosses me out???

the girls' dorm seems like it has real bedding, but, do you think the new wives have to remind their husbands to shower before getting into bed?  Or that Austin has to tell Joy to wash her filthy feet?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

the girls' dorm seems like it has real bedding, but, do you think the new wives have to remind their husbands to shower before getting into bed?  Or that Austin has to tell Joy to wash her filthy feet?

Yep. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if some marryers-in had to remind Duggarlings not to just fall asleep in their clothes in a corner somewhere. Or half on, half off a staircase. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

Just reading on another site that a poster thinks Lauren is pregnant because Josiah has prenatal vitamins & a nursery rocking chair listed on his Amazon Wishlist.   

Any way to verify this?  (I'm old & computer challenged. )

ETA:  I know a lot of women take prenatal vitamins while trying to get pregnant so that's really not a reason to think she's pregnant.  But the rocking chair...who knows with this gang? They may have just listed it to get everyone talking (like us.)

Edited by Barb23
16 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They can’t buy their own prenatal vitamins?

Then how would people know that they are having sex, I mean trying to have a baby? (Sorry, I have no idea how to do a strike through words.)

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Josiah doesn’t look happy.  Date night hashtag is sad. They should have dated before they got married.

The kissing photo is grim. Just like Jill, they need to learn to edit their SM photos.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

They can’t buy their own prenatal vitamins?

Lmfaoo, right? Excuse me for a moment while I go put dental floss and q-tips on my wish list. Ffs, Josiah, just go to CVS and buy the vitamins. 

I hate to break it to Lauren, but Josiah's going to be Josh 2.0. I don't mean that he's going to molest girls, but I guarantee there'll be a cheating scandal somewhere down the line. His dead eyes and flat facial expression are carbon copies of Josh's. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

The kissing photo is grim. Just like Jill, they need to learn to edit their SM photos.

Especially Josiah's body language. Lauren at least has put her entire arms around Josiah's body, but he is just barely touching her elbow. 

• Love 6

It appears that Lauren had a miscarriage. The new preview shows Lauren and Josiah announcing their pregnancy to their family with a shirt that says 'Mamma in the making' and then cuts to the a scene of Lauren crying and the producers asking her what happened. 

Screenshot_20190211-025926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cce3eedc96f582042381bb3b6854cffe.jpg

• Love 3

Yeah, these shows are selectively edited to hell and back. I'll believe it when it's shown. I feel bad for her - to be stuck with Josiah, and have a miscarriage spread around the media  - she's just a teenager, right? Probably already regretting some life choices.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah, these shows are selectively edited to hell and back. I'll believe it when it's shown. I feel bad for her - to be stuck with Josiah, and have a miscarriage spread around the media  - she's just a teenager, right? Probably already regretting some life choices.

If she did have a miscarriage, I feel terrible for both of them. If, as we suspect, Josiah was harried to Alert numerous times for being some kind of ungodly misfit he'd likely be tormented by guilt -- or at least agonizing questions -- over a miscarriage, too, given their beliefs. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

But lots od women have early misscariages. How pregnant was she?

My doctor said that it was "natural selection" and it is expected that a woman who tries and has more than one child will have a misscariage in the process.

I have 2 ivf children and 1 lost baby from spontaneus pregnany. So I feel for her. It is hard, even without the "God punishment" idea

• Love 4

When Michelle and JB lost Jubilee, they already had 19 children, so it would make sense that their reaction would be very different from Josiah and Lauren, or even when JB/Michelle miscarried Caleb, because they already had been blessed 19 times by the Lord.

That's terrible. Both that she miscarried, and how they have to talk about in public - on a timeline driven by the TLC show. Maybe that worked out okay for them - or maybe they would have preferred a quiet statement (no video) shortly after it happened, or not to have to go public with it at all. 

This is definitely the dark side of the Duggars' role as procreators for Jesus. It's all fine when the babies get born in the spotlight, but not all pregnancies are successful. And apparently it's obligatory for a Duggar wife to make ratings out of a miscarriage too.

The image of that calendar with Michelle's fertility cycle, carefully tracked by her children, and posted on the fridge in the family's kitchen, and featured on their cable TV show, pretty much tells the story of their lives for all the Duggar daughters and daughters-in-law.

FFS, Lauren is only 19. I wonder how many of their leghumpers share the fundie/Gothard views that miscarriage is God's punishment for sin - and are sharing that message with this couple now. I just spent a few minutes going down that rabbit hole of abusive theological bullsh*t, and I can't take much of it, but it has to be hellish if Lauren believes all that. 

I've posted links to a random set of articles about this issue in the religion topic. Might as well not waste my quick research results.

Edited by Jeeves
to add link to my related post
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

It appears that Lauren had a miscarriage. The new preview shows Lauren and Josiah announcing their pregnancy to their family with a shirt that says 'Mamma in the making' and then cuts to the a scene of Lauren crying and the producers asking her what happened. 

Screenshot_20190211-025926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cce3eedc96f582042381bb3b6854cffe.jpg

A couple of the posters mentioned the pregnancy in the comment section of the Florida pucture.

I never realized they believe miscarriage is God's way of punishing them for sinning.  I know Cathy said something similar about cancer & the devil but what a way to torture these couples. It's bad enough having a miscarriage but then having to believe God took the baby from you because you sinned is just awful.  These people are just unbelievable (in their beliefs.) 

ETA: I wonder if Lauren was allowed to see an OB Gyn after the miscarriage to make sure everything is OK. I know sometimes a D&C is required.  Hoping that Jill didn't just tell her everthing is fine & there's no need to see a heathan professional doctor.

• Love 1

My sincere sympathies to her - having a miscarriage is sad enough without adding this family's pregnancy/baby focus - along with my sincere hopes that going public with this was genuinely her idea, and not something she felt pressured into for the sake of a TV show.

• Love 17

Now that it is verified I do feel bad for her. I'd suggest that miscarriage can be prevented as easily as pregnancy. She's gonna have a lot more if they continue with their current asinine beliefs. Hell, I'm sure Michelle had a few other she may or may not have been aware of.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, awaken said:

I agree. I hope that it was their sincere desire to share their experience with the public, and not show driven. 

Me, too. But I wonder whether anything they do is not show driven. Whether they realize that or not ...,

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, awaken said:

I agree. I hope that it was their sincere desire to share their experience with the public, and not show driven. 

This is the Duggars. They're the Kardashians of the fundie world. 100% show driven.

Granted Jilly Muffin made a statement about announcing early even if she miscarried because sanctity of life and blah blah blah.

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

I'm sorry she miscarried, I truly am. However, and I'm going to sound like an insensitive bitch but these people announce their pregnancies sometimes barely into a month. Look, I've had numerous miscarriages so I get it. However, just sitting around waiting to get pregnant while everyone else waits for you to announce fuels this crazy announcing while your pee stick is still wet and your maybe one day late. Just....slow...down.

These are the same people who like to crow about sex having consequences, so YOU CAN'T HAVE AN ABORTION EVER, KAREN. Miscarriage is a consequence of sex, too. They need to one-up Anna and name it, though.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

But she never publicly announced she was pregnant. Didn't she just tell the family?

Yep. I imagine they were prepping for an announcement after the Jabbie wedding special.

I really hope these two are taking the time for themselves. They're so young. Lauren shouldn't be worried about getting pregnant ASAP.

Just now, ginger90 said:

I hope if a pregnancy announcement was filmed, TLC doesn’t air it.

Oh no. It's even better. They filmed Lauren in a talking head alone sobbing about it. No 'Siah in sight.

As much as I find their belief system abhorrent, have a little humanity TLC.

• Love 8