Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

It occurred to me that Lauren may never have been pregnant at all.

1. I doubt she ever went to a doctor, just pee'ed on a stick.

2. The Duggars are huge liars, and have no issue with lying about anything and everything all the time

3. Lauren and Josiah are under enormous pressure to start a family -- not just because of Jesus/Gothard, but also to prove that Josiah isn't gay, or better yet that Lauren managed to make him straight with her good lovin'. A miscarriage takes the pressure off of them for a while -- or they may think it will.

I'm probably completely wrong, but I'm tossing it out here because it's one of the first things that I thought when I heard about the miscarriage -- "They're lying. Why are they lying about this?'

• Love 21
4 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

2. The Duggars are huge liars, and have no issue with lying about anything and everything all the time

3. Lauren and Josiah are under enormous pressure to start a family -- not just because of Jesus/Gothard, but also to prove that Josiah isn't gay, or better yet that Lauren managed to make him straight with her good lovin'. A miscarriage takes the pressure off of them for a while -- or they may think it will.

I'm probably completely wrong, but I'm tossing it out here because it's one of the first things that I thought when I heard about the miscarriage -- "They're lying. Why are they lying about this?'

I said something similar in a post of mine. Either way I hope she went to a legit doctor for treatment.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

This is off google when I found out I was pregnant for the first time, but the home pregnancy tests are getting better and rarely produce a false positive. Also, both times I found out I was pregnant, I never saw my OB/GYN until 10-11 weeks, even they went off a home pregnancy test. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

This is off google when I found out I was pregnant for the first time, but the home pregnancy tests are getting better and rarely produce a false positive. Also, both times I found out I was pregnant, I never saw my OB/GYN until 10-11 weeks, even they went off a home pregnancy test. 

When we decided we were ready to try for another baby after the first turned one, the first cycle through my period was a couple of days late, and I was convinced I was pregnant because I suddenly began reacting to normal cooking odors in a similar way to that which had plagued me in the first trimester the last time. Back then you had to wait for about a week after a missed period to do a pregnancy test, and I ended up getting my period right around that time (I had bought the test that day, but didn't use it). I still believe that I might very well have had an early miscarriage, and it still saddens me a little. I did get pregnant (again?) the next month, so it was barely a glitch, and I saw a doctor right after I got the positive on that test (they were not even pee sticks then, but little test tubes that you had to wait for an hour to read) but I can well  imagine that it might have been traumatic for Lauren, especially since quite a few months have gone by since then.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I thought the same thing at first, but was afraid to say it. Jinger and Jeremy could wait a year because people didn't find him gay, but it's different for poor Josiah. I hope they're not lying about this, and I feel disrespectful even suggesting that they are, but I do think it's a possibility. I don't even blame them if they are lying, though, because their culture puts them in a tough situation. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I thought the same thing at first, but was afraid to say it. Jinger and Jeremy could wait a year because people didn't find him gay, but it's different for poor Josiah. I hope they're not lying about this, and I feel disrespectful even suggesting that they are, but I do think it's a possibility. I don't even blame them if they are lying, though, because their culture puts them in a tough situation. 

@cmr2014 and @Christina87 of course almost anything is possible, but I don’t think they are lying. Lots and lots of women have first trimester miscarriages. It wouldn’t be strange to me if Lauren was one of them; and it would be much stranger to lie about such a thing. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Not going to lie, I had this thought too.  It does seem like an insane thing to do, but they were under more pressure than any other Duggar couple to produce a baby ASAP. With the Duggars, you just never know. It's all about maintaining interest and keeping the franchise moving along.

I tend to take people at their word, but the Duggars bring out my inner cynic like no one else.

That being said, I still think the most likely scenario is that she took a test as early as possible and her period arrived a couple of days later.  Lots of pregnancies fail in the very early days and women never even realize that they were pregnant at all, because they wouldn't think to test until they were a couple of weeks late.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I am enjoying this theory. It is possible. They already lie misrepresent themselves on TV year after year, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Sia and Lauren lied about this too.

I almost feel sorry for them that they felt pressure to announce something so soon. It can take a full year for healthy couples to get pregnant, never mind couples who may not fully understand reproduction.  Add on the whole speculation that they hate each other and that Siah may not be super into Lauren for numerous reasons, they probably want a baby just to shut everyone up ( which is an awful reason to have a baby). UGH good luck kids. this is a disaster.

• Love 12

I never thought about them lying but now that they have announced a miscarriage people will lay off them about having a baby. They don't seem in a hurry to have one since Lauren decorated their spare bedroom. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

I never thought about them lying but now that they have announced a miscarriage people will lay off them about having a baby. They don't seem in a hurry to have one since Lauren decorated their spare bedroom. 

This is very true. It could very well be a gray area / half-truth in there somewhere, like she smelled a strong smell and threw up one day, and her period was two days late, but then she had her period. I hadn't even thought of that, though, and it's a good point that it would make people lay off. I feel bad for them no matter what the situation is, because they don't have the freedom to just wait like a normal couple does. 

• Love 5

When I was in my early 30s; I thought that I was pregnant again. I was 2 weeks late. That could have made me 5-6 weeks along. I was not pregnant yet when my period arrived, it was quite heavy and thick. My point is that my doctor assured me that I was not pregnant at all; just one of those things. He stated that timing for women's cycles are not absolutely 28 days apart. I was not on the pill BTW, so nature prevailed in that. We used other methods.  Perhaps Lauren, who is who very young at 19 doesn't understand her body and how it works. Perhaps she never will if she doesn't educate herself with a real medical professional.

• Love 14

I doubt that they would lie about a miscarriage. According to at least JB & M, that’s punishment for sin, so I can’t imagine they’d go there. I guess it’s possible that they didn’t take a test, but they seem to have them lying all over the TTH, so I’m guessing they did. I’m more interested in how she and Jessa knew they had the exact same due date. To me, that sounds like obsessive cycle tracking like M made the kids do. Cause it sound like she didn’t have time to get to a Dr. Unless she saw Dr. Jill, of course. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 11

I doubt it's a lie, but it wouldn't surprise me if the pregnancy were wishful thinking or a misunderstanding of what was going on with her body. 

The thing that makes me wonder is that they couldn't say how far along she was. The stuff Josiah was saying about miscarriages being common in the first trimester made me think that Lauren did see a doctor at some point, but probably after she already knew she wasn't pregnant. They never heard a heartbeat and didn't seem to know what month/week she had been in, so I doubt Lauren saw a professional before that.

At nineteen and very newly sexually active, I doubt she knows her body well. And because of their culture, I think there's some magical thinking and desperation for a wedding night baby going on, too.

I'm very surprised that they would decorate their second bedroom for adult guests and talk about losing their "first and only" child, and it makes me wonder if Lauren believes she has fertility problems. I mean maybe some illness or disorder that makes childbearing difficult? That also would explain why she was so eager to get married and start trying as soon as possible, and why she would pick her husband from the most famously fertile family in the country.

I feel bad for this couple, but they are so strange. I find Lauren especially off-putting. And as devastating as a miscarriage is, I can't say that I'm unhappy that they aren't bringing a child into their family just yet.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I doubt it's a lie, but it wouldn't surprise me if the pregnancy were wishful thinking or a misunderstanding of what was going on with her body. 

The thing that makes me wonder is that they couldn't say how far along she was. The stuff Josiah was saying about miscarriages being common in the first trimester made me think that Lauren did see a doctor at some point, but probably after she already knew she wasn't pregnant. They never heard a heartbeat and didn't seem to know what month/week she had been in, so I doubt Lauren saw a professional before that.

At nineteen and very newly sexually active, I doubt she knows her body well. And because of their culture, I think there's some magical thinking and desperation for a wedding night baby going on, too.

I'm very surprised that they would decorate their second bedroom for adult guests and talk about losing their "first and only" child, and it makes me wonder if Lauren believes she has fertility problems. I mean maybe some illness or disorder that makes childbearing difficult? That also would explain why she was so eager to get married and start trying as soon as possible, and why she would pick her husband from the most famously fertile family in the country.

I feel bad for this couple, but they are so strange. I find Lauren especially off-putting. And as devastating as a miscarriage is, I can't say that I'm unhappy that they aren't bringing a child into their family just yet.

I agree completely with this. I think they will be much more ready for a child when they have a little more life experience (as sheltered as their "experience" is) and maturity. I also think Josiah will be a good dad when he is truly ready, which probably isn't now. Lauren needs to mature (which isn't a problem with her; she's just so young) before she tackles motherhood IMO. Joy had a baby super young, but she doesn't seem to have the slightest bit of agency or care over her life. Lauren has a spark somewhere in there, and I'd love to see her expand her world and at least get a hobby or volunteer before she had a baby. 

• Love 8
On 2/23/2019 at 1:13 PM, 3 is enough said:

That being said, I still think the most likely scenario is that she took a test as early as possible and her period arrived a couple of days later.  Lots of pregnancies fail in the very early days and women never even realize that they were pregnant at all, because they wouldn't think to test until they were a couple of weeks late.

Exactly. It’s called a chemical pregnancy and it’s very real and happens very frequently. Most of the time, it happens and women didn’t even know they were pregnant.

I don’t think they are lying. For anyone who has been desperately trying to conceive, she would know roughly how long her cycles usually are. She may not know at 19 how her body works, when she ovulates, and how long after to start testing, but I can guarantee she was testing around 10 days before her period was due because she just couldn’t help herself and couldn’t wait. I’ve been part of TTC groups for years. These women are more informative than my doctors - they know their stuff. And even they just can’t resist the urge. Haha. I’m sure Lauren was just 4 weeks along when she got her positive. And I’d guess, lost it shortly after, between 5-6 weeks, with just a heavier than normal period. I’ve had 2 chemicals that I’m aware of. If I wasn’t tracking my cycles so closely, I doubt I would even have known I had them. 

No matter what, I wish them the best. I hope they have a happy, healthy pregnancy...when they are ready for one. 

• Love 8
On 2/23/2019 at 1:23 AM, cmr2014 said:

This was my first thought as well - saying they were pregnant but had a miscarriage buys them some time. It does seem like they went to an awful lot of effort to fake it though, with the family announcement via t-shirt, and all the publicity now over the miscarriage. Of course, they may have thought it would be more low-key, but got swept up in the need to publicly announce... sort of like a couple getting caught up in planning a wedding and going through with the marriage, even though they would have rather called it off... 🤔

• Love 5

I don't think they faked it either. I agree that Lauren was probably doing pregnancy tests constantly though and caught it as soon as the line was faint.

What doesn't make sense is if Jessa and Lauren shared the same due date. Duggar Data updated with information since Jessa claimed she was 25 weeks along. That puts Jessa's due date at anywhere between June 1st and June 6th (if we're believing Guinn's post about Seewald #3 being due in June).

The earliest a pregnancy tests would have shown up positive was the week of September 21st if Lauren shared the same due date as Jessa. Yet Lauren announced she was pregnant on Michelle's birthday which was September 13th.

Ugh. Jessa's post is making me even more stabby now. Regina George indeed.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I think it’s more that female cycles tend to sync in groups, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Lauren and Jessa had very similar start dates to their cycles.  Lauren could have also been calculating off a conception calendar which will give slightly different dates from LMP.

I do think Lauren was really pregnant, really had a positive pregnancy test, and really had a miscarriage.  I also think she could be exaggerating a lot of details which is why they aren’t lining up perfectly.

• Love 8

Menstrual synchrony has been found to be a myth though.

I'm more inclined to believe Jessa and co are fudging timelines for publicity sake. Otherwise that "heartfelt letter" wouldn't have been published in People.

If they're not fudging timelines and truly believe they had the same due date then they need to attend one of Ben's math lessons.

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Were they even married yet when jessa would have conceived?

Yes.  Jessa would have conceived in mid-to-late August.  They had been married about a month and a half.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Is her sister Lily trying to catch Duggar boy? During the pregnancy announcement, she had such weird posture on the ottoman. Like she was displaying herself. I get a fame whore vibe to her, although it makes me sad that I think that about a kid. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

People wear helmets for ice skating? Hockey, sure, but regular skating?

Little kids in learn to skate classes wear helmets.  My nieces took figure skating lessons and wore helmets until they passed a certain level of proficiency.  But once you can skate without falling every two minutes it is not required.

Though I am guessing that ginormous red bow on Lauren's little sister would help protect her head if she fell 😛

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

People wear helmets for ice skating? Hockey, sure, but regular skating?

Well, yes. Kid's always wear them at least, and most adults who care about their brains and about setting a good example for their kids. But then I live in Sweden. We are pretty... safety-conscious, lol. I guess the idea of zooming around on a slippery, rock-hard surface without any kind of head protection goes against our instincts. Most of us has had at least one bad fall while ice skating growing up so I guess it just makes sense to protect the old noggin as best as we can.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

This is a family (well, the Duggars, anyway, I don't know about Lauren's family) that goes barefoot around horses and construction areas, wears flip-flops while hiking and working with power tools, doesn't wear helmets while biking, allows toddlers to climb on all sorts of high/ unstable surfaces... no helmets while skating is hardly the worst/ most surprising of their safety faux pas...

Besides, God will protect them, don't ya know!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 3/5/2019 at 5:52 PM, Tdoc72 said:

Is her sister Lily trying to catch Duggar boy? During the pregnancy announcement, she had such weird posture on the ottoman. Like she was displaying herself. I get a fame whore vibe to her, although it makes me sad that I think that about a kid. 

I noticed Lily too & posted about it in the episode thread.  She was definitely looking out for the cameras & that was a weird pose during the pregnancy announcement. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/5/2019 at 9:56 PM, Vaysh said:

Well, yes. Kid's always wear them at least, and most adults who care about their brains and about setting a good example for their kids. But then I live in Sweden. We are pretty... safety-conscious, lol. I guess the idea of zooming around on a slippery, rock-hard surface without any kind of head protection goes against our instincts. Most of us has had at least one bad fall while ice skating growing up so I guess it just makes sense to protect the old noggin as best as we can.

It's similar in skate-loving Canada. Kids have to wear helmets up to a certain age (usually 12, I think) and it's recommended, but not a rule for adults. Seeing Josiah and Lauren helmet-less isn't a surprise, but the kids being bare-headed and not seeing anyone in the background wearing one either is weird to me. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, satrunrose said:

It's similar in skate-loving Canada. Kids have to wear helmets up to a certain age (usually 12, I think) and it's recommended, but not a rule for adults. Seeing Josiah and Lauren helmet-less isn't a surprise, but the kids being bare-headed and not seeing anyone in the background wearing one either is weird to me. 

Maybe Arkansas uses soft ice. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

27185E86-7525-4EB7-913D-555EFB1C4D1E.jpeg

B9A80064-88F2-411A-8387-3EC2393F6D86.jpeg

And special thanks to my bitch sister in law Jessa for "supporting" us while showing off her pregnancy. When Josiah and Lauren were talking last night, I expected to see Jessa in the background rubbing her belly.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

And special thanks to my bitch sister in law Jessa for "supporting" us while showing off her pregnancy. When Josiah and Lauren were talking last night, I expected to see Jessa in the background rubbing her belly.

She'll probably name the new baby whatever Lauren was going to name hers. Accidentally of course!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, heckkitty said:

To be fair, that’s not entirely the fault of the dining room table education. It seems like everyone under he age of 20 does that nonsense now (apologies to any of you under 20)

Hell, people of all ages do it! It drive's me nut's -- it's a second-grade error, people. (It hurt me to write that sentence.) I know someone in her sixties who does it, and she allegedly has a college education. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Hell, people of all ages do it! It drive's me nut's -- it's a second-grade error, people. (It hurt me to write that sentence.) I know someone in her sixties who does it, and she allegedly has a college education. 

Posting on phones or tablets can also be the reason? 

Lots of mistakes including the post I quote.  I view forum posts as conversation and simply read for content.

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Lots of mistakes including the post I quote.  I view forum posts as conversation and simply read for content.

That’s why I edit before posting. (Usually!)

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

I actually went to customer service at Kohl's to point out that the sign in the PETITES department should  not be spelled PETITES' (in foot-high letters, I might add).  They dropped the apostrophe when they remodeled.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

True, but still quite sad. 

7 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

You do realize that I made those error's errors intentionally? 

People need to stop blaming autocorrect or their device's devices for their mistake's mistakes. 

Back on topic: you really think Jessa is that catty? I don't see it in her. I think she's tone-deaf, but not malicious. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

You do realize that I made those error's errors intentionally? 

People need to stop blaming autocorrect or their device's devices for their mistake's mistakes. 

Back on topic: you really think Jessa is that catty? I don't see it in her. I think she's tone-deaf, but not malicious. 

Yes, I did.  It was funny. I guess I gloss over spelling and grammar stuff because of all the problems I have posting since I switched from my laptop to a tablet.🙄

• Love 5