Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

From what I've gleaned about Lauren, she seems to be a toned down version of Jessa and I think folks with personalities like theirs can make any relationship difficult. 

Except Josiah is no Ben, and a "Ben" personality is what makes relationships with "Jessa" types work.

Ben has been shown to be laid back (except for being somewhat uptight about germs, but even there he seems to be able to be flexible about it) and easy going, whereas Josiah comes across as just uptight, and frankly, a bit of a jerk (see: he can dish it but can't take it when it comes to pranks). If anything, he gives off Josh, Jr. vibes to me in the sense of not being very thoughtful or considerate of his wife (picture Josh letting Anna drag her own luggage on their honeymoon and Josiah dumping in other people's leftovers while making that "special meal" for Lauren). So if anything, it's the combination of the two of them that's the problem. But I think that's been long established ;)

• Love 14

All the women look so pretty and nicely dressed at the reception. I wonder if Jessa and Joy felt ridiculous for being so frumpy or if they've stopped caring altogether? 

I also loved Ashley's sentiments about waiting for marriage until it's truly right, no matter how hard it may be. I wonder how many of these people regret marrying the first person who looked their way. She's way over Nathan's head. I'm not surprised they didn't work out. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 19
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

All the women look so pretty and nicely dressed at the reception. I wonder if Jessa and Joy felt ridiculous for being so frumpy or if they've stopped caring altogether? 

I also loved Ashley's sentiments about waiting for marriage until it's truly right, no matter how hard it may be. I wonder how many of these people regret marrying the first person who looked their way. She's way over Nathan's head. I'm not surprised they didn't work out. 

I agree.  Like I posted before, Joy & Jessa are sisters of the groom and should have dressed up for the part.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

She's way over Nathan's head. I'm not surprised they didn't work out. 

After seeing how Nathan treated Tori regarding her proposed hairstyle during her wedding preparations, I wouldn't wish him on anyone. I'm surprised he and Ashley lasted as long as they did if that scene was indicative of his personality.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, graefin said:

After seeing how Nathan treated Tori regarding her proposed hairstyle during her wedding preparations, I wouldn't wish him on anyone. I'm surprised he and Ashley lasted as long as they did if that scene was indicative of his personality.

Yes, his behavior then and later in the TH in another episode about how he's always going to be honest and if his wife doesn't look good he's going to tell her. I don't wish him on any woman. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The person who posted that picture with Lauren, was at the wedding.

7 pictures:

I don't do Twitter, but even I know the point of hashtags. It's not that hard, and it would take about 30 seconds to look it up on-line. Why haven't any of these people bothered?

• Love 2

Everytime I check this messageboard and see Josiah/Lauren’s thread posted up top, I always make a face...

A please don’t be pregnant but you probably are face...

This couple more so than any other couple except Pedo & Anna bother me and worry me

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Annb67 said:

This pisses me off. You got married a minute ago. Don't start saying we have been trying for a baby. They don't know the first thing about trying. I find it so offensive to those of us who really struggled with infertility. 

Lauren didn't say anything. This article is crap. Of course she's IBLP and married to a Duggar, and the stupid people who run this website want to make it news these people don't believe in birth control. Notice it's not Lauren who's talking, but a "production source" exclusive. This source is so close to the couple, they don't know if she's pregnant or not. 

Also anybody who is having sex with the intent of procreating is "trying for a baby".  The phrase "trying for a baby" is not limited to infertile couples. It's often used by people who've been together awhile and having been trying not to get pregnant, who decide they're ready for kids. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Snow Fairy said:

I'm surprised that none of the Duggars have problems in the fertility department. It is said that every I think 6th couple has problems. But all of them are just popping babies

They are also all VERY young. If someone starts having unprotected vaginal penile intercourse from late teens through their late 40s (thinking of Peri-menopause for women) the chances of having fertility problems (side note-what does that mean over a 20yrs span? 3 kids instead of 19 like Michelle?!!, I know the medical definition of infertility I’m speaking as a cultural perception) are reduced than in the cases of many “modern couples” who attempt to conceive in their 30s and 40s.

Not to diminish young people who suffer from infertility (of course that’s happened since the beginning of time) but a population that uses medical contraceptives during their most fertile years alters the numbers. Michaela Bates has longed for a child and I’m sure that hurts her heart that she doesn’t have one. 

• Love 8

Si and Lauren aren't my favorite couple, but they always look appropriately dressed for wherever they're at. It's a nice change from the "rolled out of bed and grabbed a wrinkled shirt from the hamper" look that we're used to seeing from this crowd.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, DOBABYR said:

Flat tummy...maybe

I don't really get all of the "is she or isn't she" about the Duggar women and pregnancy. They are healthy young women engaging in sexual activity and not using contraception -- they're probably going to end up pregnant sooner or later. I don't recall them ever hiding a pregnancy from the public. In fact, they have all announced as soon as humanly possible -- Jill and Anna have both announced as early as eight weeks. Jessa waited until 3-4 months with Spurgeon, but I think that was due, in part, to a sort of old fashioned feeling that announcing a pregnancy was the same as announcing she'd had sex. JB and J'chelle make a big point of talking about how bad sex is outside of marriage and how great it is in the confines of marriage, but after being raised with the constant beating of the sex=sin drum, I can imagine Jessa being a little uncomfortable in that situation.

I think that Josiah is one who might have been willing to practice some sort of birth control or natural family planning, but I also think that he's under enormous pressure to prove he isn't gay (or isn't gay any anymore), and I think that Lauren is driving that bus.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Perhaps they had a conversation with Jinger and Jeremy about waiting until one year of marriage had passed.

I honestly don't think that any of the Duggar spawn have "conversations" with anyone, much less each other. They were raised to tattle on each other and I don't think they trust one another, and they certainly don't trust outsiders. I also agree with other posters that Lauren was picked for Josiah and her loyalty is to JB and her father. If Josiah even breathed an unorthodox word, it would get back to JB in a heartbeat.

Josiah is good and stuck in a "godly" marriage with a help-meet/accountability partner that will stay glued to his side at all times.

• Love 24

SOTDRT strikes again. There shouldn't be an apostrophe in their Thanksgiving wishes. The Duggars are wishing you a happy Thanksgiving, not something/one the possess.

I don't know why it bothers me as much as it does. My cousin posted a photo on Facebook of a sign she has for her home, which also has an incorrect apostrophe and it's all I could see. I facepalmed so hard ... and then politely said nothing.

• Love 12

That's some creepy fan page, not Josiah and Lauren's page. I'm not even sure where the fan page got that picture from,  but it looks like they posted the picture and added the Thanksgiving caption themselves. It's not on Si's page from what I can find. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, McManda said:

SOTDRT strikes again. There shouldn't be an apostrophe in their Thanksgiving wishes. The Duggars are wishing you a happy Thanksgiving, not something/one the possess.

I don't know why it bothers me as much as it does. My cousin posted a photo on Facebook of a sign she has for her home, which also has an incorrect apostrophe and it's all I could see. I facepalmed so hard ... and then politely said nothing.

Random apostrophes are one of my biggest pet peeves.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

That's some creepy fan page, not Josiah and Lauren's page. I'm not even sure where the fan page got that picture from,  but it looks like they posted the picture and added the Thanksgiving caption themselves. It's not on Si's page from what I can find. 

I am pretty sure it was an Instastory that Duggar Daughters appropriated. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Random apostrophes are one of my biggest pet peeves.

They make me shudder a bit, too, though not as much as what seems to be an almost ubiquitous misuse of "me" vs "I". But since I see it all over the place, even among people I know who are otherwise extremely knowledgeable about things I know I'm clueless about, sometimes I just have to chalk it up to some people just not having the sort of  mind which grasps grammar in the same way it grasps things like math, politics, history, logic, or any number of things which I struggle to internalize. I figure that in a lot of ways their particular intelligence is a lot more useful than one which gets persnickety about language (while probably still making his/her share of mistakes), but lacks a grasp on current events and their effects on our lives.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

They make me shudder a bit, too, though not as much as what seems to be an almost ubiquitous misuse of "me" vs "I". But since I see it all over the place, even among people I know who are otherwise extremely knowledgeable about things I know I'm clueless about, sometimes I just have to chalk it up to some people just not having the sort of  mind which grasps grammar in the same way it grasps things like math, politics, history, logic, or any number of things which I struggle to internalize. I figure that in a lot of ways their particular intelligence is a lot more useful than one which gets persnickety about language (while probably still making his/her share of mistakes), but lacks a grasp on current events and their effects on our lives.

Duggar Daughters IG is run by a couple of teenagers. They are definitely grammatically challenged, always have been. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

It’s on their personal page under stories..I can’t remember the original caption 

Edited by DOBABYR
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures 

Lauren looks nice, but why is Josiah gritting his teeth like he's on a bad blind date? That second picture is so awkward.

I agree with Scarlett45. The smile doesn't reach his eyes. Compare Si to JD, who radiates happiness in every picture with Abbie. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lauren looks nice, but why is Josiah gritting his teeth like he's on a bad blind date? That second picture is so awkward.

I agree with Scarlett45. The smile doesn't reach his eyes. Compare Si to JD, who radiates happiness in every picture with Abbie. 

i don't see that at all. some people are just naturally more exuberant about things and some have probably had the emotions and feelings trained out of them. they look happy to me, just not as outwardly all-over-each-other as some of the newlyweds have been.

• Love 24
39 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i don't see that at all. some people are just naturally more exuberant about things and some have probably had the emotions and feelings trained out of them. they look happy to me, just not as outwardly all-over-each-other as some of the newlyweds have been.

I agree, I think they look like any happy young couple.  I don't get the whole "smile not reaching their eyes" thing, because I NEVER see something like that in photos posted on the Net.  Maybe in real life, if I actually knew the people personally, but these random Instagram shots all look fine to me.

And there's the fact that I really don't care one way or another...... ;-) 

• Love 18
45 minutes ago, zoomama said:

I don't know, maybe they are just more reserved, but when I look at JD and Abbie, they seem to glow. These two never have had that "glow" as far as I have seen. 

• Love 7

I like the first picture, but the requisite  “submissive wife gazes adoringly at her headship” picture just annoys me. 

Edited by EVS
Punctuation
  • Love 12