Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Necromancing The Stone

• Start Topic

I’d always wondered what specific event made Sara decide to leave the League and I’m guessing the little girl witnessing her father’s murder was it. Nice seeing her old (and best) Black Canary look. 

Nice try, Nora, but you won’t get away with blaming Oliver for your choices. Not with Sara. I miss seeing their friendship. I want more than crossovers!

Mick The Totem Bearer. I like that. He and Amaya are still great together. I am amused that it didn’t work for The Great Nate, though I’m sure he’ll have his moment. 

NO, magic does NOT always have a price. Leave that Charmed bs out of this. 

I still don’t buy this relationship but whatever, it’s over. Sara’s shown more chemistry with nearly everyone else. I’m liking her growing friendship with Constantine. Sara’s friendships are easily my favorite part of her character, so give me all of that every episode. 

I’m especially relieved and happy to see her apologize to the team. See, Nora? That wasn’t technically Sara but she assumed responsibility because it was her body and she knows it will help heal her people. Do the same when you get the chance. 

• Love 9

I loved this episode. We even got to see cold blooded assassin Sara on her last mission.

It was interesting to see Nora and Sara talk in Mallus’ world. They really do want Sara to join them as the Death Totem bearer. Everyone always telling Sara how strong she is. I guess she did fight of Mallus’ control even while being sold it by Nora.  I wonder if this will help or change Nora at all.

I did like the conversation between Ava and John talking about Sara. And the conversation between Sara and John, she does seem to get him and knew he would’ve traded her for Astra. I haven’t really seen him manipulate Sara yet, like I was told he would. Him and Sara are alike and he knows it.

And she breaks up with Ava because she still thinks she’s not worthy of happiness.

And next week

Ava’s a clone? A cloned robot”

2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I’d always wondered what specific event made Sara decide to leave the League and I’m guessing the little girl witnessing her father’s murder was it. Nice seeing her old (and best) Black Canary look.

Isn't that the story Sara told Oliver, Felicity and Diggle on Arrow? 

I also liked that Sara apologized and the team was legit scared of Deathdemon Sara. She's terrifying enough without having magic powers. 

• Love 4

I'm mildly disappointed that my headcanon that Gary was the random Time Bureau guy Sara slept with and stole a keycard from in the season premiere was shot down. Ava's annoyance with Constantine was probably my favorite thing about the episode.

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 5

It was such a good episode! Major step up from last week.

I enjoyed that just about everyone had some sort of illusion to deal with. I was hoping that when it was announced that Jesse would be appearing on Legends that it'd be actually her but at least they gave some decent resolution to Wallys relationship with her. Which having Wally around is still weird for me because they kind of just placed him in there as if he'd been around forever instead of giving him a focus episode. 

Sara's vision quest was good since we got to finally see some sort of flashback to her LoA past and it was nice to see her in her Canary costume. For some odd reason it was the last real GReAT one that they made. I was hoping they'd use this opportunity to bring in any of the Lance family to use against her or to help draw her to the light again so I think that was a missed opportunity.

Constantine was Constantine which means he was enjoyable as always.

I wish that Amaya didn't have an expiration date (which we probably wont get until the end of the series) since she has definitely become my 2nd fave on the show and I like how she kind of takes command when Sara isn't around. 

• Love 4

Legends managed to give Wally the closure with Jesse he didn't get on his own show. I think if Wally sticks around next season he'll get a focus episode. He joined towards the end when they have to wrap up their season long stories. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ava’s a clone? A cloned robot”

Isn't that the story Sara told Oliver, Felicity and Diggle on Arrow? 

I also liked that Sara apologized and the team was legit scared of Deathdemon Sara. She's terrifying enough without having magic powers. 

Probably. I haven’t seen season 2 in a while so I don’t remember details. What I loved most about that scene is that they didn’t hit us over the head. You don’t need to know Sara’s Arrow history to recognize that the was a turning point in her life. At the same time, if you do know her Arrow history, this only enhances that. Nicely done. 

• Love 4

Sara without a conscious is a scary, scary thing. No wonder why the League wouldn't let her go easily. That first action sequence was imo, one of the best they've done on Legends. Kudos to Caity Lotz and the stunt team because I was engrossed throughout the entire thing.

Mick becoming the fire totem bearer as about as obvious as the death totem being Sara's lol. Are we going to discuss how it may be a little problematic giving a pyromaniac even more fire? (Not that I don't want it, Mick being the totem bearer is all kinds of cool).

I doubt this is the end of Sara & Ava. I'm sure these crazy kids will figure it out by the season finale. Also: renew the show already CW!

Gary looked so happy to finally be a hero lol, and seemed smitten by Constantine.

Mallus tried to sway the wrong person with regards to Sara. She's already been an evil dude's lackey, she probably never wants to do that again.

• Love 7

Fun episode.. Good on wally getting to say what he needed to say to Jesse... Shame the real Jesse didn't get to hear it... She needed to... Never really cared for Sara and Eva so no big deal that they are over for me.. Sharpe has always been Meh.. But I do like her just being around.. Constantine def shagged Gary after the dungeons and dragons... Mick getting the fire totem makes sense.. But  really just makes me upset that they got rid of Jefferson.. (Again show.. Its ok to have two blk guys on the team at the same time.. Ur not breaking any rules) especially now that Constantine will be on the team full time next season..  

I do kinda feel a way abt all these white folk getting totems.. As it stands only kuasa and maybe zari ( never really been stated exactly where she's from so she could be north African)  have any kind of ancestral tie to Zambesi... Not a huge deal but the optics aren't wonderful 

• Love 3

Well, that took several several dark turns, didnt it? I freaking loved it. Maybe one of my favorite LoT episodes, and thats saying something. 

Possessed Sara was super scary, and the haunted Waverider was effectively creepy and dark, especially considering this show usually keeps its tone lighter. Loved the cameos from Jessie and Grandpa Steel, and from the kid version of Zaris brother. That Mollus certainly is an asshole, isn't he? Maybe he feeds on guilt or self loathing? Because if thats true, dude is gonna have a freaking feast on our gang of lovable screw ups. This was generally a great Sara episode, especially when she told Nora off and that she wouldn't be guilted into joining the dark side. "Legends dont go quietly". And we got flashbacks to her League of Assassins past! And her being Black Canary! How could the Power that Be have ever thought about killing her off?!?!

For all the darkness, probably the darkest episode of the show since Martin died, there were still a lot of funny scenes, like Ray geeking out over his latest tech project, the Ava/Gary/Constantine scenes (its totally legal to win an apartment in a duel!) and Mick being Mick. Honestly, Ava being all flustered with Constantine is the most I think I've ever really liked her. Also, Gary is now in love. Hard to blame him, that was a solid kiss. How much do you bet John shagged the hell out of Gary after that DnD session? 

I play DnD, and Gary's descriptions of everyone was DEAD ON. I was dying, I loved it so much. And Mick getting the Fire Totem is just so perfect, its amazing they didnt think of it earlier. Dude loves fire as much as Ray loves health foods. I also got some serious feels when Mick didn't believe he was a hero, and Amaya said he was a good man. Especially when he said that Sara was a hero, as Sara is clearly in another one of her "I suck and am a murderer" phases. Also, I freaking love that half the crew have secret hand shacks. I love my dumpster fire time family so much yall. 

Also lots of smaller moments I loved, like Sara sticking up for Oliver to Nora, everyone's concern when Ray was hurt, and Wally handling things with shocking ease. Just a really good episode. 

• Love 6

And now Caity Lotz is campaigning play Silver Banshee on Supergirl. Hey, what if that character just changed her look, and the first person she meets is Alex?

Anyway, we had Mallus!Sara and Gary actually contributing to the plot without being a buttmonkey. Also, Mick has the power of fire at his fingertips, and that should be way more scary than Mallus!Sara. But he's not. Basically, he's a dragon that seldom comes out of his cave until he runs out of beer. He doesn't strike me as a total pyromaniac these days, but you wouldn't want him to get any more firepower (rimshot) than his gun. And I'm guessing none of the Legends knows he was Chronos in S1. That was also the season with the Hawkpeople and Vandal Savage, so maybe we should ignore it entirely.

I'm going to have to catch Constantine, huh? The character doesn't do much for me in any visual incarnation. For Pete's sake, isn't it supposed to rhyme with "twine," not "teen"? And I guess that if we have an interdimesional time demon plaguing the Legends this season, they might need him more often.

I'm thinking that constant death is the reason Sara doesn't want to make things stronger with Ava. Probably also explains why she kisses and runs so often. Would she do the same thing if she was still in Star City? Traveling through time, it's so much easier to have temporary hookups. And she got an interdimensional ONS, which she probably never thought was possible.

Seriously, Gary not only helped the team out and not get smacked by Ava, he also made a new bestie in Constantine. Now I'm hoping that he gets torn in half by Grodd a little less.

• Love 4

Everyone else saw someone who was dead except Wally... is Jessie Quick dead? Did I totally miss something on The Flash?

Loved Sara and Mick interacting with their totems! And fighting each other! Okay, I didn't love them fighting each other, but I did like seeing their new skills in action. I'm gonna guess that Ray is going to eventually wield the water totem? Doesn't make as much sense as Sara having death and Mick having fire, but will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Also, I'm gonna be bummed if they get rid of Ava just to make room (as a character and a romance) for Constantine. I don't want Constantine around permanently in the first place, but I really don't want it to be at the expense of another character (Ava or anyone else).

• Love 3

Even without post-game shagging, the thought of John Constantine playing D&D is glorious.  Meanwhile, John taking the opportunity to use Mick's mystical fire to light up a cig was pure John.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I do kinda feel a way abt all these white folk getting totems.. As it stands only kuasa and maybe zari ( never really been stated exactly where she's from so she could be north African)  have any kind of ancestral tie to Zambesi... Not a huge deal but the optics aren't wonderful 

I'm thinking the other totems were stolen from Africa at some point and that's why they are all over the world now. Only Amaya's tribe managed to keep theirs. 

• Love 5

Now I also want to know what unspeakable truths Beebo told John.  I love the Beebo callbacks, too.  Also, the idea that John Constantine can and will use magic while wasted on drugs is cool to know.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm thinking the other totems were stolen from Africa at some point and that's why they are all over the world now. Only Amaya's tribe managed to keep theirs. 

I'm totally sure that's how it happened its just a sad truth you rather not really face

1 hour ago, bettername2come said:

I'm mildly disappointed that my headcanon that Gary was the random Time Bureau guy Sara slept with and stole a keycard from in the season premiere was shot down. 

Me too! The worst part is that it robbed the audience of a double layer of disgust from Ava for Gary.

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

So....Constantine totally shagged Gary after the game, right?

I'm kind of hoping that Gary brags about it in future episodes.

36 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Even without post-game shagging, the thought of John Constantine playing D&D is glorious.  Meanwhile, John taking the opportunity to use Mick mystical fire to light up a cig was pure John.

34 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

That was great. Its like this show in a nutshell. 

Yes!!! Not only are the anachronisms wacky and inspired, so are the characters and their interior lives. We have an assassin and a thief/bounty hunter who think they are both too damaged to be decent people. A dorky time agent who plays D&D who maybe just shagged a cheeky demonologist. And a cheeky demonologist who uses a mystical item to light his cigarette, plays D&D and uses the gig economy to find work as a warlock. 

59 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

27 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

17 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I'm totally sure that's how it happened its just a sad truth you rather not really face

I'm trying to remember from Vixen. I believe the Fire totem was found in Zambezi in the modern era by Mari's archeologist possible love interest. The Air (Zari's) totem could have reasonably traveled through Africa, the Middle East, the Caucuses and Southeast Asia with the spread of Islam. The Water (Kuasa's) totem was in a private collection, so it was likely stolen by colonialists. The same is probably true of Death and Earth. Though it's also possible the Death and Earth totems made their way to America and the Caribbean via the slave trade too.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, shantown said:

Everyone else saw someone who was dead except Wally... is Jessie Quick dead? Did I totally miss something on The Flash?

The real Jessie Quick is very much alive and well on The Flash.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AD35 said:

Yeah, that was unusual since it makes perfect sense for the bearer of the death totem to appear as the dead.  If you want to really get to Wally then show up as his dead mom, not his very much alive ex.  This also would have been a good time to bring in the original Snart although I guess Wentworth Miller wasn't available. 

Also, what the hell is wrong with Nate?  I guess he forgot he can turn his body into steel and should at least try to do so before facing down an ass kicker like Sara.

• Love 11

I love how much fun this show has with ideas.

I like that they kept Sara's backstory of why she left the LoA intact.  Too often these shows rewrite their own history.  If Ava had known, it would have been a good point that Sara isn't always about death. In that situation she killed but then she rejected death and left the LoA. 

I don't like Ava/Sara but it's a weird time to break up after Ava's love just saved Sara. No doubt they'll be back together after Sara takes some time to flirt with Constantine.

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Legends managed to give Wally the closure with Jesse he didn't get on his own show.

Tagline for everything.

I'm impressed at how much better Wally is used here than he was on The Flash.  That vibrating through the door to open it, not to mention rushing around the ship to save everyone, is perfect.

• Love 10

Such a good episode!! Mick gets a totem! Sara goes dark(er)! Lots to enjoy here, not least of which was Gary's descriptions of the team as D&D characters. Gideon continues to be suitably smart-assed to complement the Legends.

Lots going on here, but they managed to give everyone a moment to shine, something I always appreciate in an ensemble show. Mick got the Fire totem and was again confronted with the fact that he's a better man than he thinks he is. Wally's speed and level head came in handy once again. Zari telling the story to her dead brother was touching. Even Nate's scenes with his dead grandfather made me feel bad for him, and I'm no Nate fan. Sara continues to face her inner darkness and come out stronger for it without having to deny or excuse what she's done. I'm not an Arrow viewer, so I don't know her history as well as some, but I like that this is something Sara is always having to make peace with and not just something that's never mentioned again.

Somehow I knew from the previews that the interactions between total opposites like ruthless Constantine and superdink Gary would be fun, and I wasn't disappointed. I also liked Ava's jealousy and general annoyance at Constantine as well. They've definitely done better with Ava as the season has progressed, and I felt bad when Sara dumped her. Constantine is fun in small doses, and this was just the right amount tonight. I love how this show can weave together such disparate elements (demons, time travel, magic, superheroes) and do it so seamlessly that you wonder why no other show has done it before.

1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

And I'm guessing none of the Legends knows he was Chronos in S1.

All of the season one Legends know Mick was Chronos - in ep 1.9 when they got trapped in LoA headquarters, Chronos busted in to kill them all. Snart showed up just in time to unmask Chronos as Mick and thus stop the Legends from killing him. Also, I love your description of Mick as the dragon who only comes out of his cave when he runs out of beer!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I play DnD, and Gary's descriptions of everyone was DEAD ON.

I agreed with all of them except  Nate’s, because Bards can, occasionally, be useful... ? To me, he’s more of a melee/tank character, so a Fighter or maybe a Paladin - just one with weird stats that are hard to play effectively.  But yeah, as a fellow adventurer, I appreciated them using the game as an extended metaphor.

Nice to see Constantine back, although

Spoiler

it makes me wonder how the show is going to handle him as a regular character next season. He’s been a fun guest star in episodes built around his character, but I don’t know how he would work as just a guy in the background of, say, a Ray episode. I guess we’ll have to wait and see...

• Love 3
5 hours ago, shantown said:

Everyone else saw someone who was dead except Wally... is Jessie Quick dead?

She's dead to Wally after she broke up with him via hologram. Heyyo!

It would have been a nice throwaway line to say something like, "Let's get the Earth totem; it's too risky to try and use the Fire totem radiating in the microwave over there," instead of sending Nate on a fool's errand and then going, yeah let's go back to the room we started in and just use that one. Give me a reason to believe they weren't just doing the dumb horror-movie split up dance.

Mick should become the new Firestorm. :)

Wally's still too cocky, but he's somehow not as annoyingly cocky as he was on the Flash (nor as annoyingly cocky as Barry). Nice to see him using his brains a bit; let's hope they let him put that engineering know-how to use as the new ship engineer, too. Maybe even working with Ray on some inventions. That would be a cool pairing; those two haven't really had any scenes together yet that I can recall.

• Love 6

If someone told me three years ago that Mick Rory will basically become a fire wizard, I never would have believed it.  This really is one of the few shows where I have no idea what is going to happen next!

So, unsurprisingly, a Mollus controlled Sara ends up being one of the scariest and most ruthless fighters in the galaxy.  And I loved how pretty much every other Legion totally knew this and was freaked out over it.  Caity Lotz definitely seemed to be having fun with all of it.  That said, as much as I love this current Sara, it was blast seeing her in the Black Canary outfit again.  Brings me back to the good old Season Two Arrow days!

I continue to love the impulsive younger brother/annoyed older sister relationship that seems to be forming with Wally and Zari.

Only thing better than Constantine getting on Ava's nerves was Gary fanboying over him.  And I liked that Constantine didn't treat it like a nuisance, and actually seemed to enjoy his company.  He even attending his Dungeons & Dragons game!

Wasn't wild about the Sara/Ava break-up, even though I'm not a huge fan of the pairing (sniff... I need to accept Sara/Nyssa is dead), because it was just another case of "We can't be together because I'm too dangerous!" things, that never works out.  In some ways, Sara is almost too similar to Oliver.

I'm calling it: Beebo will somehow be responsible for Mollus' downfall.

• Love 5

Well, that was an episode favourite, for sure. What a really strong episode. It was almost a bottle episode....it certainly was a bottle episode for the main characters. 

I've been waiting for Sara's history to be explored more on this show, particularly during her League days, and they didn't disappoint with it here. It was really interesting to see Sara go darker as Mallus took her over. I will say, her appearance looked wicked scary. I'm sad that Ray barely got to say two lines and he was promptly out for the episode. 

Yes! Mick gets a totem! Finally, he gets to do something really cool and magic-related! I feel like it's been a while since we really got to see him wield fire, so that was awesome. Plus, it was Amaya who got through with him. I'm guessing the showrunners heard the complaints about Amaya spending all her time with Nate that they gave back to the Mick/Amaya fans. 

I guess Wally really needed to deal with that crap break-up that Jesse did. It felt extremely scripted for me, but I get that they wanted that relationship get the closure that they deserved. Plus, I'll always enjoy Jesse, Mallus-created or not. I did enjoy Nate's mini reunion with his Mallus!grandfather, and I enjoyed Zari speaking to her Mallus!brother. 

So, they really hammered in the Sara/Ava relationship here. I will say, I did enjoy some of their beginning scenes. The end "come back to me" stuff was a little too sappy for my taste, but maybe it's because it didn't feel right. Either way, I am disappointed with how quickly Sara shut down that relationship, but that's TV tropes for ya. Also, Sara being totally closed off to relationships in general, much like Oliver had been. I don't really see Sara and Ava as an endgame pairing anyway, but I'd like to see more of them. 

As for the Constantine stuff, it was actually kind of enjoyable as a subplot. It was nice to see Gary actually contribute, and he seems so cool with everything and everyone, even when they treat him like dirt. 

• Love 8

What a great, awesome, epic, bizarre episode.  They really packed a lot of stuff into this one hour episode and it was one of its best.

Possessed Sara is definitely a scary villain and I liked the whole atmosphere they set up on the ship with her taking them down one by one.  It gave them all a chance to shine.  Mick carrying the fire totem was great and the gag with Constantine lighting up his cigarette with it was brilliant.

Speaking of Constantine, great seeing him again.  He was great fun and he's seemed to have adapted some of the even wackier personality traits of the other characters on this show.  I enjoyed the look of his scenes too...they had kind of a video game quality to them (this isn't meant to be an insult or criticism). 

I really liked the look at Sara's League past and I think this is the first time they actually showed her doing a kill.

Wally continues to be a strong addition to this show and they are utilizing him far better than they did on The Flash.

Great fun with Gary as well.

If I had one issue, it's the continuing aversion to having Nate using his powers.  I get it, they are trying to save budget (just like when Firestorm wouldn't use their powers) but it's getting ridiculous how they seem to act like Nate doesn't have any powers at all.  You're scared of Possessed Sara?  Then USE YOUR POWERS TO AT LEAST GIVE YOURSELF A FIGHTING CHANCE!

That criticism aside, loved this episode and I loved this show.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 7

See Rip, that's what a Captain does when they go evil and beat up everyone on the ship. They apologize even though it wasn't them and tell the team what the bad guys wanted, not keep it a secret and go off an mope by yourself. 

I still don't like Avalance but stupid Nora and Constantine making Sara think she doesn't deserve happiness and is better off alone. Sara's been though a lot let her be happy. Although from

the promo for next week maybe it's better that Sara distance herself since it looks like Ava's a robot

I like Sara and Constantine they have similar dark pasts and understand each other. I loved that Sara knew that John would've traded her for Astra in a second if he could and didn't hold that against him. They don't judge on the Legends team. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

Gary and Constatine is the relationship I never knew I wanted.

What did our lord and savior, Beebo, say?  Tell us Constatine.  If he told you, that means you're a prophet, and you can tell us.

It's only been a few episodes with Wally, but they're already writing him better than The Flash ever did.  Is there a character that can't be improved by Legends?  Klemmer's got himself a team of writers that know what they're doing, and know how to make everybody shine.  It kind of reminds me of Angel, that show had a team of strong writers who knew what to do, and how to write for a lot of characters.

• Love 8

Constantine is good is small doses. Like once or twice a season small. Any more than that and I think I would get tired of his schtick pretty quickly.

Seriously, Nate? One of the best fighters and most dangerous people in the world is hopped up on death magic and hunting you, and you DON'T walk around the ship already steeled up? You knocked her out with one punch last season. You deserved what you got.

Of course Mick gets the fire totem. Could there be a better pairing? That should actually be a little scary for Mallus.

Is Wally really being used any better here? He still got knocked out and spent half the episode unconscious, which was pretty much his main role on Flash.

I feel bad for Ava. Her girlfriend dumps her right after she helps save her. I get Sara's reasoning, kind of, but maybe they should have talked about it a little more, or at all, before she just decided to summarily end the relationship.

I'm kind of over Gary.

Still...Beebo!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, KirkB said:

Is Wally really being used any better here? He still got knocked out and spent half the episode unconscious, which was pretty much his main role on Flash.

Any speedster will always have this problem, especially after what we saw they could do a couple of weeks ago on the Flash.  He's just fortunate Sara decided to stop trying to kill the downed Legends.  Wally had to whisk away Mick and Amaya before she stabbed them, but she was perfectly content to let Wally and Zari just lie there.

• Love 3

Yeah, the shifting of the budget is getting more and more noticeable - how long has it been since Mick used the heat gun or since Nate steeled up? Or since Ray shrunk? Zari and Amaya’s totems hope have been used a bit, and Wally’s speed powers a couple times an episode, but beyond that, it makes me wonder just where the fx budget is going. Are they saving it all up for the finale?

And I can’t believe I forgot to post this last night, but... Mick’s finally a firebender! Who’s up for an Agni Kai?

• Love 5

Wally seems to be the only one who gets to use his powers right now.  I get the limitations but have them make sense.  If Nate is being hunted by a possessed Sara, how is he not already steeled up?  How do you even justify that in story?  It's just getting more and more ridiculous each week.

Thankfully, the actors can more than carry themselves without their characters powers.  But again....I just wish this show would be smart with how they do it.

• Love 5

Gary and Constatine is the relationship I never knew I wanted.

This. Who knew that Gary would be the MVP last night?  It was good to see Mick, although we got too little of him.  I was probably the only one bored to death with Sara's stalking and beating of everyone.  I never liked her with Ava, or Ava, so let's hope Ava's gone after this season.  Wally was a good addition, although I would like to see some development.  Never watched Constantine but it is free on the CWSeed app, so I might have to watch it. 

• Love 5

MallusSara looked like JEM without the big poofy hair to me!

Every time I see Nora, I just want to cover her head with a bag and push her off a cliff.

Why did I think we'd see Nyssa? To say I was disappointed is a massive understatement. Oh, wait.

She's supposed to show up on

Arrow when it returns

I never cared for Wally when he was on the Flash, but I really like him on this show.

At first I thought the guy Sara had killed with a knife was Sin's dad, and I did a double take, because Sara didn't kill him. He died from wounds he got from the plane crash. And Sin wasn't there. Then I remembered her conversation with Oliver. Whew.

Ava is just one big GIANT SNOOZEFEST to me, and I see nothing between her and Sara. Nuthin'.

More of Constantine's "luv' please!

• Love 1

Other than the obvious greatness, the most random lines make me laugh. "Momma's got a headache', "I'm claustrophobic!", Gideon being pissed off that she can't get pissed off...

Evil Sara was awesome, but I felt like some scenes were a bit clunkier than usual. The wall move with Mick was epic though.

The only way I can handle more of Constantine on the show is if he somehow becomes the next antagonist. I can't imagine him as actually part of the team and had hoped they would move on from the magical to something else. I'm afraid they're going to go the Damien Darhk route and ruin a good returning character by using him too much. He does make me miss the other British guy. Rip, where you at?

I'll explain away Nate's lack of steeling up as...he had to be flesh and blood to use the earth totem? Or something? Seeing his grandfather was a nice surprise. Everybody's "weakness" was very emotional. And loved Amaya/Mick as usual.

Poor Ray...but he kinda saved the day anyway.

Avalance break up was sad because it was lovely seeing Sara so happy at the beginning of the episode but mehh...They're cute but aren't doing it for me as an OTP couple. Nyssa, where you at? The note under the pillow was completely unneccesary, evil writers!

Sara has undergone so much growth, it's good to be reminded she's still messed up even if it's in that cliché hero way. I love her but as the badass martial artist/team captain/mother hen character she was almost in danger of becoming a mary sue.

• Love 5

I love John Constantine, I would like his show back if you don't mind. I could listen to him talk all day long. Episode was great, I wish the budget was larger so we could see them using their powers.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I'm calling it: Beebo will somehow be responsible for Mollus' downfall.

Oh please show, let this happen!!! 

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Every time I see Nora, I just want to cover her head with a bag and push her off a cliff.

LOL.

Great episode! It was funny, serious and emotional all in one. I don't particularly care about Sarah/Ava relationship, but that break up was so tv cliche.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, KirkB said:

Constantine is good is small doses. Like once or twice a season small. Any more than that and I think I would get tired of his schtick pretty quickly.

As one of the two or three people that watched his show, I feel like I can say that- with the right writing- you might be surprised. I actually think that the shtick is much more noticeable when characters like Constantine do only guest appearances, because the writers feel obligated to cram it all right up our holes so that we get it. When he's got room to breathe, the character would very likely get toned down to more palatable levels.

Counterpoint, we have gotten two seasons now of Damien Darkh's shtick, which is evidence that the problem sometimes is with the characters themselves.

• Love 8

So, more little things in this episode that I loved. 

Apparently the Mona Lisa was self portrait. 

Both Amaya/Zari and Wally/Nate have secret handshakes. 

I am normally kind of meh on AvaLance, but I do actually like the little friendship between Gary and Ava that we get some glimpses of. Like, I thought it was cute how happy he was when he found out that Ava had hooked up with Sara, and she had a super happy smile on her face when Constantine gave Gary a big kiss and Gary looked so elated. Mutual friend shipping! 

"If I am not back in five minutes, you come and rescue me". 

"Mamas got a headache." 

Constantine just bluntly telling Sara that he would have chosen Astra over her, and Sara being totally cool with that. 

• Love 8

This may be me looking for something that the writers didn't intend, but it jumped out to me that when Wally was talking to Mallus-Jessie about falling in love again, he used gender-neutral pronouns.

• Love 5

I noticed that too, Starri, though I figured it was because just the other day I’d read an interview with KL about coming out as bi. (I’ve linked to that interview in the cast in other roles thread, if anyone’s interested).

Edited by Maelstrom
1 minute ago, Maelstrom said:

I noticed that too, Starri, though I figured it was because just the other day I’d read an interview with KL about coming out. (I’ve linked to that interview in the cast in other roles thread, if anyone’s interested).

I was just about to post that he did play a gay character back in Australia on dance academy.. Tho I thought in real life KL was bisexual