Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: That Was Weird

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Hey Erika! Nobody cares about your book. Tom couldn't even act interested. 

Well, to be honest, Rinna is shilling Erika's book in her blog this week. In fact, it is the only thing Rinna blogs about! LOL Talk about a kiss ass.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

What I thought was really weird is the behavior after the crew left - like drunken sorority girls. Kinda creepy.

I didn't think it was creepy at all.  We've seen the same on NY and OC too.  I love these "real" moments where they aren't bitchy fighting and just enjoying each other's company. My gfs and I have been known to cut up and act stupid in the wee hours if we're having a girl's weekend.  It's late, we're tired and we get punchy.  We giggle till we snort and almost pee our pants.  We're all middle aged and it's no big deal.  I am glad though no one has filmed these moments!

This said... no way would Erika feel comfortable with this type of situation.  She's always in "character" when she's on camera.  I don't think we've ever really seen the real Erika even in her meltdowns and probably never will.  She's on the show to promote her brand and it appears she's been successful at it.  Cameras were gone and the day's filming done and she left the set because she wasn't feeling well.   

I fast forward through the Rinna-Hamlin spawn scenes.  No interest and don't care. Bravo please stop trying to make them happen because it ain't happening!  Their 15 minutes will be up soon.

Dorit... damn, but I can't stand that woman.  She could be standing on my front porch with a giant $5,000,000 fake check and tell me I just won the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes and I'd STILL slam the door in her face! 

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Erika wanted her camera time so she stayed until the cameras left and came back when they returned. It's typical Erika I don't know why it's so surprising. 

Isn't the agreement between Erika and Bravo that she's ready to film when the cameras go up? Wouldn't this behavior be "typical" of anyone who wants to stay on one of these Housewives shows? 

BTW Erika's glam squad travels with her (even to Dana Point) for the same reason Rinna asked the makeup person at Days to ensure she's well-covered--because she's filmed in HD.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I was just going to post about how she was really making herself out to be a major victim. You got to love the line about how she was just trying to be considerate. How about just let your host know you changed your plans? 

CaughtonTape definitely nailed the fact that Erika seems to enjoy playing the victim. 

I agree. Being considerate is letting your host know your plans before hand. She feels that the women weren't sympathetic enough but when Teddi did try to sympathize with her Erika brushed her off and seemed annoyed.

Now Erika makes it clear in her blog that she isn't going to be "understanding or sympathetic" to anyone she feels wasn't sympathetic to her. Wow. Maybe a bit of an overreaction? She's seen the episode and still feels that way?

Unbelievable that Erika thinks that the women discussing the fact that she left abruptly qualifies as major shit talking. 

• Love 23

Dorit is messy as hell. Unless they're hiding footage, her account of the conversation was totally exaggerated. They mentioned the issue but they hardly seemed angry and Erika's abrupt departure didn't put a damper in their ability to enjoy each other's company (as evidence by the footage shared). Dorit, how can something become a big deal if you don't give it life? Talking about something so petty and exaggerating the situation is exactly how something becomes a big deal. Dorit seems to be starting a lot of shit this season and expecting that everyone has to be okay and ready to move on as soon as she says that it must, lol. Interesting how Dorit threw both Kyle and Teddi under the bus to Erika but with Teddi at the table, she only threw Kyle under the table when retelling the Erika story. 

Erika was bothered and I'm glad that Teddi clarified that she wasn't angry or offended. Erika doesn't understand why anyone would care (they didn't care much) but the bigger question is why you would accept an invitation to someone's home, allow them to host you and continue to make them believe that you were going to be sleeping in their home yet make arrangements to exit without even notifying your host? Just because you're rich doesn't mean that people can't call you out for poor etiquette. As the host, I think it's perfectly possible for the host to make a comment on the situation without being angry or bothered by it.

Did anyone else get a laugh at Kyle walking after her workout? Particularly when she was walking after Erika? lol

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Isn't the agreement between Erika and Bravo that she's ready to film when the cameras go up? Wouldn't this behavior be "typical" of anyone who wants to stay on one of these Housewives shows? 

BTW Erika's glam squad travels with her (even to Dana Point) for the same reason Rinna asked the makeup person at Days to ensure she's well-covered--because she's filmed in HD.

They aren't forced to film every event. They're expected to show for most things but there are exceptions and it seems like she had multiple reasons to stay at home but chose not to because she'd rather have camera time at the end of the day.

In her blog she makes a big deal about leaving Tom even though he still wasn't walking. The implication was that this was a sacrifice on her part. On top of that, she wasn't feeling well but decided to go when everyone would have understood if she'd taken a night off. It's not like she's MIA all the time like Kim or Yolanda would be, so her show diamond wouldn't be in jeopardy for being absent from this minor party.

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Wow! Erika's blog is rather nasty IMO. Even so far as to threaten anyone that questioned why she left Teddi's even though she never told anyone she was leaving. Talk about entitled. LOL 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/blogs/erika-girardi/erika-girardi-i-had-every

Erika attacks when backed into a corner.  She's shown this with Eileen last season, Teddi this episode and now this blog. It will be interesting to see if she treats Kyle differently as she insinuates she will do to those she feels wronged her. Or hell... Dorit the messenger because she was talking smack about Erika big time.  Oh please let that happen! 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, jaync said:

LOL at PK's mom surmising that the women would have mellowed by the time they got to NY. She evidently has never watched the show.

Ha! I nearly choked on my ice cream when she said that. I wanted to pat her knee and say, "that's cute". 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

Erika attacks when backed into a corner.  She's shown this with Eileen last season, Teddi this episode and now this blog. It will be interesting to see if she treats Kyle differently as she insinuates she will do to those she feels wronged her. Or hell... Dorit the messenger because she was talking smack about Erika big time.  Oh please let that happen! 

Erika won't say squat to Dorit unless Droit repeats her words to someone like she did Teddi/Kyle. She is going to milk Dorit for any scrap of gossip that Dorit can come up with, real or exaggerated beyond truth. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Wow! Erika's blog is rather nasty IMO. Even so far as to threaten anyone that questioned why she left Teddi's even though she never told anyone she was leaving. Talk about entitled. LOL 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/blogs/erika-girardi/erika-girardi-i-had-every

I had totally forgotten that Erika came to Teddi's with LVP. (Though I should have remembered as I made fun last week of the fact that Erika handed LVP's cake to Teddi as if it was from her). So it is even odder that Erika's assistant drove down to where Teddi's beach house was and stayed in a hotel....why? I guess in case Erika changed her mind at midnight, so the assistant could then haul her ass to Teddi's to pick up her boss and deposit her at a hotel. Apparently Erika could not on her own call a taxi/uber and check into said hotel herself. Is this woman capable of doing anything without an assistant/lackey? I kind of run hot and cold on Erika depending on how self absorbed she is being, but she is getting on my nerves this season. I am also amazed that someone who claims to not care what others think, and to be a private person is writing an autobiography. And who in the world would want to read it? Even in the days that I like Erika, I have no interest in her bio. 

2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

One of the DUMBEST lawyers I ever worked with - and I'm talking weapons-grade stupid here - went to Harvard Law.   

This reminds me of a book I read years ago written by someone who was accepted to Harvard Medical School, and then a year or so in decided that it wasn't for him and wanted to quit. He said that Harvard did everything it could to get him to stay, and that pretty much anyone who gets accepted graduates because it looks bad on them if someone flunks out. Maybe it is the same with law school - lol. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 19

Erika's blog:

Since so much has been said about my "weird” behavior at the beach house, I thought you should know the facts.

I got in the car at LVP’s at noon already not feeling well and drove down to Dana Point and had all intentions to stay at Teddi’s beach house overnight, even though Tom was recovering from surgery and still wasn’t walking.

We filmed all day. Cameras went down at midnight, I was beyond exhausted and knowing the girls wanted to drink and have a good time, I decided to get a room at the nearest hotel so I could clean up and rest without worrying about messing up anything at Teddi’s.

Sue me for being considerate...

I came back in the morning like I said I would to find myself getting judged, and instead of asking me how I am feeling, I get told I am weird and sneaky.

Forget who the messenger was, the fact is the women were talking sh-- about me, and I found out. That doesn't diminish what they said about me or how they really feel about me. Very revealing...

Like I said at dinner in NYC, I know the truth and will continue to be me. In the future, I will not be extending any sort of understanding or sympathy to anyone that could not sympathize with me.

Oh and the ONLY thing I was “pretending” was trying to get through the day with a smile when I would of rather been at home in my own bed doubled over in pain.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

I'm probably not who you are referring to, as I am not an Ericka disbeliever. I just think it is weird or odd that she wouldn't tell her host that she wasn't going to stay the night after going through the rigamarole of picking a room and getting settled in it. And, honestly, that is all that anyone is expressing on the show. Why not just tell Teddi she wasn't going to stay the night? That's not shade or accusing her of some dastardly master plan. It's just a simple question. If you aren't going to stay, or changed your mind about staying, why wouldn't you simply say so?

ETA: It's not like anyone had a problem with Ericka leaving. 

Is that what happened? I didn't realize. I thought she told Teddi she was going to go, but didn't give her an explanation as to why.

But still, people on here keep saying that they felt she planned to be at a hotel all along and then pretended to pick out a room for show. I'm still left to wonder as to the point of that plan.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I had totally forgotten that Erika came to Teddi's with LVP. (Though I should have remembered as I made fun last week of the fact that Erika handed LVP's cake to Teddi as if it was from her). So it is even odder that Erika's assistant drove down to where Teddi's beach house was and stayed in a hotel....why? I guess in case Erika changed her mind at midnight, so the assistant could then haul her ass to Teddi's to pick up her boss and deposit her at a hotel. Apparently Erika could not on her own call a taxi/uber and check into said hotel herself. Is this woman capable of doing anything without an assistant/lackey? I kind of run hot and cold on Erika depending on how self absorbed she is being, but she is getting on my nerves this season. I am also amazed that someone who claims to not care what others think, and to be a private person is writing an autobiography. And who in the world would want to read it? Even in the days that I like Erika, I have no interest in her bio. 

This reminds me of a book I read years ago written by someone who was accepted to Harvard Medical School, and then a year or so in decided that it wasn't for him and wanted to quit. He said that Harvard did everything it could to get him to stay, and that pretty much anyone who gets accepted graduates because it looks bad on them if someone flunks out. Maybe it is the same with law school - lol. 

1. Hubby and I are lawyers and have worked with about a dozen Harvard law grads. All completely hopeless. 

2. Our son did a med residency at a Harvard hospital. He said all the residents there who graduated from Harvard's med school were shockingly unprepared for residency (and that they don't take anatomy).

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I think the "pretending you're going to stay" comment came from the fact that Ericka never said anything to Teddi about leaving. She never told Teddi she wasn't feeling well. She just left with no explanation to her host after taking the time to pick a room and get settled in. Obviously, Teddi had no issue with her staying at the hotel, she just thought it was weird that Ericka didn't say anything about doing so. And, so do I. 

Actually she did let Teddi know  when she asked for the gate code.  Erika said she intended to stay and Teddi is essentially calling her a liar.  I guess what the beef is Erika did not tell Teddi sooner.   Laid back Teddi who just lets things roll. This is reoccurring with this group-someone or a group decide to leave and they get derided for not discussing it or giving proper notice.  What difference should it make to Teddi or anyone else if Erika decided to leave? Her room was used both as a changing area for Erika and sleeping quarters for Kyle.   She didn't make a big deal of it she made arrangements and left.  More appalling is no one, except maybe Dorit, asked how Erika was doing.  Erika had given them sufficient heads up she was not feeling well and most everyone pretty much blew her off.  The woman was crying and excused herself and Camille decided to pick a fight with Dorit over the weeks old "stupid c&nt" comment.  Teddi needed to be right about weird, not once thinking it was not a nice comment.  I would think Erika's feelings would outweigh Teddi's opinion. 

Far more appalling was Teddi cancelling the days events because her feelings were hurt that Erika didn't bow down to her insensitive comments.    

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

One of the DUMBEST lawyers I ever worked with - and I'm talking weapons-grade stupid here - went to Harvard Law.   

Weapons-grade stupid! Love it.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Actually she did let Teddi know  when she asked for the gate code.  Erika said she intended to stay and Teddi is essentially calling her a liar.  I guess what the beef is Erika did not tell Teddi sooner.   Laid back Teddi who just lets things roll. This is reoccurring with this group-someone or a group decide to leave and they get derided for not discussing it or giving proper notice.  What difference should it make to Teddi or anyone else if Erika decided to leave? Her room was used both as a changing area for Erika and sleeping quarters for Kyle.   She didn't make a big deal of it she made arrangements and left.  More appalling is no one, except maybe Dorit, asked how Erika was doing.  Erika had given them sufficient heads up she was not feeling well and most everyone pretty much blew her off.  The woman was crying and excused herself and Camille decided to pick a fight with Dorit over the weeks old "stupid c&nt" comment.  Teddi needed to be right about weird, not once thinking it was not a nice comment.  I would think Erika's feelings would outweigh Teddi's opinion. 

Far more appalling was Teddi cancelling the days events because her feelings were hurt that Erika didn't bow down to her insensitive comments.    

I like Camille, and I really like her on the show because she strikes me as someone who, about 1.5 inches in, is batshit fucking crazy. I don't know if that's true, but I am in to find out.

Teddi is the new Kyle in terms of getting away with things -- she cancelled the events of the day? And no one said anything about that?  

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Actually she did let Teddi know  when she asked for the gate code.  Erika said she intended to stay and Teddi is essentially calling her a liar.  I guess what the beef is Erika did not tell Teddi sooner.   Laid back Teddi who just lets things roll. This is reoccurring with this group-someone or a group decide to leave and they get derided for not discussing it or giving proper notice.  What difference should it make to Teddi or anyone else if Erika decided to leave?

ZM, I think this is the first time I have truly disagreed with you. Ericka spent the entire day acting as though she was going to stay there. She even said she was "pretending to get through the day" and she never once said anything to Teddi about not staying there, or even possibly not staying there - until she asked for her assistant to be admitted to pick her up. I don't think Teddi would have cared, otherwise she wouldn't have offered it up as a solution to her guests in the first place. No one derided Ericka for leaving. They just thought it was weird that she left with no warning. And, it obviously doesn't make a difference to Teddi since she was aware that her spot wasn't for everyone when she offered up the hotel as an option. 

I also don't think that Teddi is calling Ericka a liar. I think Dorit has planted it in Ericka's head that Teddi is calling her a liar because it's easy to plant seeds of doubt in Ericka's head. But, I think that Teddi has been sincere in all of her interactions with the women - maybe not the audience, but definitely with the women on the show. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I got in the car at LVP’s at noon already not feeling well and drove down to Dana Point and had all intentions to stay at Teddi’s beach house overnight, even though Tom was recovering from surgery and still wasn’t walking.

LOL! I'm sure everyone's grateful that she made the sacrifice to come!

She's clearly on board with Dorit throwing her this opportunity to be a victim here. If I were in her position my main lesson from the incident would be to not trust Dorit since she was so clearly trying to make me feel like nobody wanted me there when nothing like that had happened. Dorit's the type of person who probably @'s anybody somebody's talking about on Twitter threads.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Thank you for posting this! Ericka is always a bit of a non starter for me because I find her boring. So, having the text of her blog posted helps me parse it without feeling like I am coming down on her. 

So, from the time she sent her assistant off to book her room and some time after midnight when she had Teddi buzz her assistant in through security, she didn't say a word to her host (or anyone else) about staying at the hotel that night. Because she was being "considerate".

So, she has seen the episode. She knows no one talked shit about her, with the possible exception of the messenger. Very revealing indeed.

I really want to know this "truth" she refers to and how the "not truth (?)" somehow would keep her from being her. Also, what sympathy is she asking for? Is it that she was having a bad period or that Tom was still recovering from his injury and not walking yet? And who are the people she was so concerned with not sympathizing with her? Teddi didn't know she was having issues. None of the women knew that Tom was in such dire straights that Ericka was making a sacrifice to be there. 

This gets multiple side eyes from me.

First, (and this is a petty thing but it's also just a pet peeve of mine) she meant to say, "I would have rather been at home..." or, "I would've..."

Second, if you weren't "pretending" to stay there, why not tell the women (or at the very least your host) you weren't going to? I'm not talking about when she arrived, or even when she picked her room. I'm talking about in the time between when she had her assistant book the room and asked Teddi to buzz her assistant past security to pick her up. It's not like she had to explain why she wasn't staying - no one cared if she stayed there or at the hotel. But, it sounds like she had hours to just say, "Hey, I'm going to stay at the hotel tonight." Sure, the other women MIGHT have tried to convince her to stay - it's what happens when no one wants to break up the party. But, she wouldn't have been obligated to stay, which she obviously knew since she didn't. 

Third, if she was only "pretending" to get through the day with a smile, because she would have rather been at home in her own bed, why? Why pretend to get through the day when you've already told a few people and the camera that you were having a bad period? Why not just mention, that you probably won't be staying? She didn't even have to give a reason since it was an option that Teddi offered to all of the women. And if she were pressed for a reason, she had already established it with the bad period thing.

Lastly, if she would have rather been at home in her own bed, and she was hesitant about leaving Tom because he wasn't walking yet, why didn't she simply stay home? She wasn't forced to go there. She is obviously loved enough by the producers that it wouldn't have been held against her if she skipped this trip - especially if she used Tom as an excuse. 

Here's the thing: I don't fault any of these women for trying to get as much camera time as they can. I don't fault them for advertising their businesses or trying to get free stuff through product placement. So, it doesn't matter to me that Ericka wanted to jet the second the cameras stopped rolling, that's par for the course and I wouldn't hold it against any of the women for doing the same. But, you don't get to play the victim when people question why you left the second the cameras stopped rolling when you had AMPLE opportunity to let them know that you were going to leave. And again, Ericka didn't have to give a reason, and if she felt like she had to, she obviously had a couple of them in her pocket ready to go.

All of this is to say, I side with Teddi. It was WEIRD that Ericka left the way she did with no explanation or warning. That's not shade. That's not accusing her of anything dastardly. That's a simple comment. It was WEIRD that Ericka did that, and it's even more strange that she considers herself a victim because of it. 

It was weird. If Erika was having any issues, she must know Teddi is a person who would totally understand. Whether she decided to stay home or leave early, all she had to do was say something. That simple.

Instead, weirdness, gossip and a tirade. Could've been a non-issue, Erika, but we all know she isn't about making something a non-issue. She does this stuff on purpose. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

After reading Teddi’s Blog, I agree with her that the way Erika handled the situation was weird. 

I think Erika planned on leaving the whole time but thought maybe she could sneak out late and come back early. Has she ever been filmed au natural with no hair and makeup done? One of the things I dislike the most about Erika is how vain she is and how she seems to put herself on a pedestal above others. Too cool for school. 

Erica ALWAYS acts like she's better than anyone. IMO, she is REALLY insecure (probably because she grew up poor) and a narcissist. If she wasn't married to the old, homely fart, she would have nothing and still be working as a waitress.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Yeah, I don't know about that part either. While I am definitely the sort who needs to* leave places when I want to leave, I think I would tell one person at least -- unless they were all passed out in their clothes, drooling, snoring and reeking of high-end booze, haha!

*This is why I park on the street instead of in the driveway at family functions--and why my friends get mad at me if we happen to stay in a hotel after some kind of formal bash like a wedding or reunion. Haha, by the time the morning after comes, I am out as early as I can manage because I want to avoid the interminable multiple goodbyes that inevitably happen at checkout!

The “Irish Good-Bye” we call it! Disappear without anyone knowing, did this all the time in my 20’s and continue to this day (just less drunk and with a cab instead of stupidly driving home blotto)! I have never been at someone’s beach house tho, and I am poor so I don’t have an assistant! 

• Love 5

The only person on the show I believe 100% is Teddi. She has no reason to make up anything. She would have to hold herself accountable! You can see how hard this show is for her and it is interesting to watch someone go through the hazing and come out the other side. I really like and relate to Teddi a lot ! I would also need a friends advice and mentoring to dress for fancy occasions. 1) I don't want to ! 2) Very jeans and tee shirt / sweater kind of girl 3) I need flat shoes ! 4) overall , to me, it is a tremendous waste of money to have to buy label 5) although totally not necessary , i always check with my husband before making a purchase I think may be to much ( never been denied, wish he would check with me !!). 

eta: oh yeah, I am a totally insecure entertaining. So much so, i don't do it.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Thank you for posting this! Ericka is always a bit of a non starter for me because I find her boring. So, having the text of her blog posted helps me parse it without feeling like I am coming down on her. 

So, from the time she sent her assistant off to book her room and some time after midnight when she had Teddi buzz her assistant in through security, she didn't say a word to her host (or anyone else) about staying at the hotel that night. Because she was being "considerate".

So, she has seen the episode. She knows no one talked shit about her, with the possible exception of the messenger. Very revealing indeed.

I really want to know this "truth" she refers to and how the "not truth (?)" somehow would keep her from being her. Also, what sympathy is she asking for? Is it that she was having a bad period or that Tom was still recovering from his injury and not walking yet? And who are the people she was so concerned with not sympathizing with her? Teddi didn't know she was having issues. None of the women knew that Tom was in such dire straights that Ericka was making a sacrifice to be there. 

This gets multiple side eyes from me.

First, (and this is a petty thing but it's also just a pet peeve of mine) she meant to say, "I would have rather been at home..." or, "I would've..."

Second, if you weren't "pretending" to stay there, why not tell the women (or at the very least your host) you weren't going to? I'm not talking about when she arrived, or even when she picked her room. I'm talking about in the time between when she had her assistant book the room and asked Teddi to buzz her assistant past security to pick her up. It's not like she had to explain why she wasn't staying - no one cared if she stayed there or at the hotel. But, it sounds like she had hours to just say, "Hey, I'm going to stay at the hotel tonight." Sure, the other women MIGHT have tried to convince her to stay - it's what happens when no one wants to break up the party. But, she wouldn't have been obligated to stay, which she obviously knew since she didn't. 

Third, if she was only "pretending" to get through the day with a smile, because she would have rather been at home in her own bed, why? Why pretend to get through the day when you've already told a few people and the camera that you were having a bad period? Why not just mention, that you probably won't be staying? She didn't even have to give a reason since it was an option that Teddi offered to all of the women. And if she were pressed for a reason, she had already established it with the bad period thing.

Lastly, if she would have rather been at home in her own bed, and she was hesitant about leaving Tom because he wasn't walking yet, why didn't she simply stay home? She wasn't forced to go there. She is obviously loved enough by the producers that it wouldn't have been held against her if she skipped this trip - especially if she used Tom as an excuse. 

Here's the thing: I don't fault any of these women for trying to get as much camera time as they can. I don't fault them for advertising their businesses or trying to get free stuff through product placement. So, it doesn't matter to me that Ericka wanted to jet the second the cameras stopped rolling, that's par for the course and I wouldn't hold it against any of the women for doing the same. But, you don't get to play the victim when people question why you left the second the cameras stopped rolling when you had AMPLE opportunity to let them know that you were going to leave. And again, Ericka didn't have to give a reason, and if she felt like she had to, she obviously had a couple of them in her pocket ready to go.

All of this is to say, I side with Teddi. It was WEIRD that Ericka left the way she did with no explanation or warning. That's not shade. That's not accusing her of anything dastardly. That's a simple comment. It was WEIRD that Ericka did that, and it's even more strange that she considers herself a victim because of it.

All of this especially the bits in bold. This post is everything I've been trying to say. You've made the points much better than I could. 

You would think that Erika had been accused of something truly heinous based on her reaction on the show and in her blog. 

Not only does she have many fucks to give but now she makes it clear that she's planning on retaliating over something that's so minor. It's truly puzzling.

• Love 23

I’m not buying any of Erika’s bs. I don’t believe for a minute she intended on staying. She phoned it in for the show & had her assistant follow her down & get a room for her. She’s just pissed they called her out on camera about it. Don’t they know they live in Erika’s world?  I’m getting a very sad, unhappy vibe from her this season. Her scene with Tom was so uncomfortable. Instead of showing a genuine interaction between a married couple, she just listed off her achievements, “I’ve written songs, I’ve put on shows, I’ve had someone write a book for me!”  I would not be surprised if we find out post season that something bad is going going on. I don’t think old man atom would divorce her, but something. 

• Love 19

Teddi cancelling the days events wasn't appalling at all. I would have done the same thing. Teddi didn't want to deal with all the BS that was going on. GOOD for her.

• Love 11

No, she didn't tell Teddi she was leaving, she only asked for her to have security let her assistant past the gate. Maybe Teddi should have quizzed Erika about why she needed that done but then I suspect Erika would have been unhappy that someone questioned her. Again, no one made a big deal that she left and no one had the chance to inquire about how she was feeling because Dorit put an angry bee in Erika's bonnet. 

• Love 14

Great .. .. we had to ENDURE the endless drama of ‘pantygate’ last year and now Erika Über Victim is going to drag us into ‘PeriodGate’ this year.  I already want to SCREAM!

Pad gate

PissOffGate (piss off is slang for leaving in Oz!)

WeirdGate

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
Being fancy and using ü instead of u
  • Love 14

It is WEIRD not to inform your host you are leaving and cannot stay the night but will be back in the morning. Further more it is downright rude.

Why is it the host business, because she is somewhat accountable for her guest. Lets say there is a fire and they all escape. Everyone is accounted for but Ericka, someone runs back into the house looking for her. Oh, Dorit with a big yawn, says she left . Okay, I am amusing myself here but still, absolutely you tell your host when you are leaving.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Jel said:

Teddi is the new Kyle in terms of getting away with things -- she cancelled the events of the day? And no one said anything about that?

I think because they all wanted to go home and also they must not have had plans to film during the day so everyone was totally fine with going home. When Teddi said she was thinking about calling it a day, no one protested or even attempted a weak attempt to change her mind. They did film the car rides home (probably another reason why Ericka came back). On that note, I think Ericka is taking this like an acting gig-- on the set when the filming is happening, and then retreats to privacy between takes. Since the show doesn't have an official make-up room, she brings her own. I wonder who did her hair and makeup on the set of Y&R. Also, when she said that writing the book was freaking her out because she wasn't good at academics I had to gasp a bit at how dumb she was. Since when is an autobiography (that she isn't even writing!) considered academic writing? It's the complete opposite. Though I kind of wish Ericka's life was just a theory. She clearly has never been college, or even taken a college course. Ever. She should. 

I can also see how when Ericka asked Teddi to let in her assistant at the gate, Teddi thought nothing of it. She probably thought that the assistant was joining the party. But then to have the car pull up and Ericka to be like, "ok, bye." Dude, that's weird, sneaky, and definitely not very respectful. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

OMG YES. the LVP FUPA cameltoe was a sight to behold. Yikes. Vertical all day long FUPA cameltoe and her ample booty looked like it was stuffed in double bikinis under leggings was not her best look.

Loved seeing NYC. Kyle is so short and curvy she needs to stick to heels and simple tailoring. Too showy and trendy and bam she looks like a chubby clown. The lace in that black dress she tried on was CHEAP. 

I love Camille she is feminine, beautiful in a modestly preserved age appropriate way, always dresses perfectly, she will cut a bitch, house porn, she is the perfect hw . Love her . Dorit looks at her and sees everything Dorit and PK want to be and never will be. 

I have friends on either side of 50 who have bloodbath periods due to menopause that are impossible to predict and hard to manage. I don’t blame Erika for wanting to suit up in layers of drugstore aisle protective armor in the privacy of her own bathroom. She should have communicated better with her hostess about that and not have been so prickly in the AM. I understand why given there wasn’t a lot of communication Teddi found it weird. Hell, Erika is weird ! Period ! Lol

And speaking of weird, and I mean Erika’s marriage, when do you seriously think the last decade occurred that her husband had an erection that Erika benefited from. That girl hasn’t had any in years by the looks of that old man she nurses who barely knows her. The whole relationship smacks of something but idk what .

I think Dorit is the breadwinner in that family and she sure is going for it. She is a cow no offense to actual cows. 

For Lisa to not understand peri menopause hell I am going to guess she had a hysterectomy and didn’t experience it, LVP just does not get it. 

Erika needs to get laid.  Also, she needs to be in love.  

• Love 2

This might be TMI for some of you, so skip ahead if menstruation makes you squeamish, but this PSA might be helpful for some. 

I used to get CRAZY heavy periods, and  I would wear Depends Silhouette (tm) panties—the ones Lisa Rinna was paid six figures to advertise. They’re advertised for incontinence, but they actually do a spectacular job of keeping sheets and pajamas spotless if you’re bleeding heavily. They probably weighed a pound or two in the morning.  They were better than the CVS knockoffs, too. Too bad Rinna wasn’t at the beach house—she could have helped out Erika and negotiated a little bonus from Depends (tm)!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

ZM, I think this is the first time I have truly disagreed with you. Ericka spent the entire day acting as though she was going to stay there. She even said she was "pretending to get through the day" and she never once said anything to Teddi about not staying there, or even possibly not staying there - until she asked for her assistant to be admitted to pick her up. I don't think Teddi would have cared, otherwise she wouldn't have offered it up as a solution to her guests in the first place. No one derided Ericka for leaving. They just thought it was weird that she left with no warning. And, it obviously doesn't make a difference to Teddi since she was aware that her spot wasn't for everyone when she offered up the hotel as an option. 

I also don't think that Teddi is calling Ericka a liar. I think Dorit has planted it in Ericka's head that Teddi is calling her a liar because it's easy to plant seeds of doubt in Ericka's head. But, I think that Teddi has been sincere in all of her interactions with the women - maybe not the audience, but definitely with the women on the show. 

I guess I am like a stuck record-what would have changed if Erika told Teddi at the time she called her assistant? Since Erika claims her initial intent was to stay the night.  Teddi is obviously teed off that Erika stuck around until the end of filming and said as much.  I usually find Erika kind of full of herself, but in this case I think she worked overtime to not draw attention to her situation.  

Well these ladies can't have it both ways-they can't defend themselves against the very thing that bothered Erika, having her behavior described as weird and then say the problem was telling Erika and then once outed about their conversation, continuing to call it weird.  Nothing matters to Teddi until she brings up claiming it doesn't bother her.  It obviously bothered Teddi, for whatever reason Erika exercised the hotel option.  In defense of Teddi in an interview yesterday she mentioned that the difference in reality TV is you are forced to express your thoughts.  

Just to show how ridiculous people can become over a show situation I pulled this link off of Erika's Twitter account.  Here are some of the highlights: 

Two weeks ago, as the women arrived at Teddi’s beach house for a quick getaway, Erika mentioned she was having a horrendous period, noting, “I’m feeling like my uterus is being pulled through my…” throwing one arm over her head while she used the other to sip on a cup of tea. “When you’ve got a bad period, it’s the worst,” Dorit lamented. “Psychosomatically, I’m actually started to feel your pain,” she said. We were also provided with a shot of Erika flopped on the bed, made up of all white linens, in her comfy, flowy, menstruation-appropriate outfit. This woman had her period and she had it bad. .....

The writer continues with:

We join the women the next morning and learn that Erika excused herself from the house and went to stay at a hotel instead. Dorit and Kyle bicker about who ended up with Erika’s abandoned room, and when Erika walks into the room, she’s met with an awkward silence. Dorit steps up to fill her in on the gossip, as she’s learned her damn lesson and never wants to stray from Erika’s good side. Although she does subject Erika to her offensively all-white outfit — including tight white jeans, the fashion equivalent of bragging about your current lack of period — as Dorit reveals the women discussed Erika’s departure at length the night before. A flashback to the previous day shows us Erika saying, “I’m having the worst period of my entire life. I feel like I’m dying.”

Who knew that wearing white during another's period was offensive?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

No, she didn't tell Teddi she was leaving, she only asked for her to have security let her assistant past the gate. Maybe Teddi should have quizzed Erika about why she needed that done but then I suspect Erika would have been unhappy that someone questioned her. Again, no one made a big deal that she left and no one had the chance to inquire about how she was feeling because Dorit put an angry bee in Erika's bonnet. 

1 hour ago, missyb said:

It is WEIRD not to inform your host you are leaving and cannot stay the night but will be back in the morning. Further more it is downright rude.

Why is it the host business, because she is somewhat accountable for her guest. Lets say there is a fire and they all escape. Everyone is accountable for but Ericka, someone runs back in the house looking for her. Oh, Dorit with a big yawn, she left . Okay, I am amusing myself here but still, absolutely you tell your host when you are leaving.

Obviously they all knew Erika left with her assistant as Dorit and Kyle both wanted her room.  It was that Erika didn't have a discussion about it.  Teddi knew Erika was leaving, she said it was abrupt and left without giving a reason.

• Love 1

Can one of the Erika disbelievers explain to me the agenda behind her masterminded deception?

There was no master plan. She came feeling like crap. When she couldn't take it anymore, she went to a hotel room. She then cam back the next day.

Hey Erika! Nobody cares about your book.

Well, the fact that she has a book deal means somebody cares. Or at least a few somebodies.

Talk about a kiss ass.

Or...someone helping out a friend.

Dorit, how can something become a big deal if you don't give it life?

I wonder how much of her shenanigans will come back to haunt her at the reunion.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, snarts said:

If Erika truly had no fucks to give, she wouldn't care so much that other people talk about her.

You can't be "full of yourself" and insecure and "always make it about her".  It's kinda like strongly disliking someone and talking about them incessantly--doesn't really make sense.

My big question is whether production gave Dorit the idea to stir shit the way she did or if she just took the initiative. My bet is production told Dorit to go after LVP but Erika being easy to bait gave her the twofer. We're stuck with Dorit.

Whoever came up with the "Hadidnts" is a genius.

Why does LVP always look like she just stepped off the set of Saturday Night Fever? There are tons of dresses she could wear and still be stylish. Also, the height of her heels is really ridiculous, she's going to have terrible joint pain soon.

I'm jealous of Dorit's wig game. My hair doesn't take long in the morning but even that 15 minutes back would be great. 

What's Dorit's endgame? Has this cast ever frozen anyone out? Atlanta's done it a couple times. New York invented it. Anyone recall if they've done it in BH?

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 2

Well...I have no idea if Erika purposely planned to leave that evening.  I do get the feeling that she 'did' have a back up plan since her 'assistant' managed to pick her up to bring her to the hotel.  How long is it from LA to Dana Point?  I don't think it's a twenty minute drive and it certainly wasn't during normal working hours.  Knowing Erika, through what I've seen on the show, she has a hard time just being on her own.  She brings her glam squad everywhere.  I think she's very insecure, especially around other woman. Didn't she once say that she doesn't like women or something to that effect? 

Having your assistant show up at the gate is not graciously informing your host that you decided to go a hotel because you weren't feeling well.  If you want to be a gracious guest, you inform your host that you're not feeling well and your assistant is going to pick you up and take you to a hotel.  Ok.  A motel in this case.  It apparently was a Double Tree.  You don't, after the fact, state anything about what you 'sacrificed' to be there.  It has nothing to do with it.  Teddi didn't beg Erika to be there.  Teddi didn't demand that you stay at her house.  Erika had the choice to come to the house and if she wanted to stay at a motel, that was no problem.  The problem 'was' that Erika just left.  It was, in Teddi's as well as others opinion, that it was weird.  No one was 'mad' as Dorit said.  And, bottom line, this is all on Dorit for making it an issue.  It wasn't. 

• Love 20
On 2/13/2018 at 6:24 PM, Jel said:

I don't find it at all weird that someone who wasn't feeling well didn't feel like staying in a house with a bunch of partying people.  

Yeah, I didn’t get that either. And to be honest I did think Kyle and Teddi were being a tad bitchy about it. Dorit was totally causing unnecessary drama, but...

i had a reoccurring stomach condition for years that would come on without warning. When it got bad I wanted to be alone. Checking into a hotel so I could be alone in my gross stomach misery was not out of the question. I’m not sure why it was so weird. However! Dorit was just being a trouble making bitch. Go Camille!

i love Teddi’s beach house so much! Teddi...eh. But that house is fantastic.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

they felt she planned to be at a hotel all along and then pretended to pick out a room for show.

I'm still left to wonder as to the point of that plan.

My best guess is:  if she'd announced she was not spending the night beforehand, production would have had the option to ask her to leave well before midnight and film her checking in/being at the hotel (footage of which could be used to comic effect in the episode, if edited in contrast with shots of drunken women giving wedgies and all but dry-humping each other). 

And if the Doubletree isn't a glam hotel, I bet Erika didn't want THAT on camera, either. (I know it's part of the Hilton chain, but is it one of their four star joints? Does it scream "The glamorous Erika Jayne checks into a fabulous boutique hotel!" or does it say "We at Doubletree like to make all you budget business travelers feel a sense of despair just large enough to make you doubt every life choice you've ever made, but not large enough to cause you to commit suicide in our hotel. Come again!" Cuz if it's the latter,  that's way off brand for a woman who travels with a glam squad.)

13 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Whoever came up with the "Hadidnts" is a genius.

That would be HUNTER HUNTED(and she is ;) 

Miss Red of Trash Talk TV.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

They aren't forced to film every event. They're expected to show for most things but there are exceptions and it seems like she had multiple reasons to stay at home but chose not to because she'd rather have camera time at the end of the day.

In her blog she makes a big deal about leaving Tom even though he still wasn't walking. The implication was that this was a sacrifice on her part. On top of that, she wasn't feeling well but decided to go when everyone would have understood if she'd taken a night off. It's not like she's MIA all the time like Kim or Yolanda would be, so her show diamond wouldn't be in jeopardy for being absent from this minor party.

Exactly! And I don't doubt that she felt miserable, but if she feels so badly, take a sick day. She was moping around the whole time and being an all around wet blanket. I'm glad she left. I only wish she had bailed sooner. And stayed gone. 

Rinna also skipped the beach house so it's not like they were obligated to be there. That said, Rinna was working her other gig and allowed the cameras to pop in there. So far, I haven't seen Erika do anything besides tag along with the other women. She really hasn't added anything to the season outside of her "friendship" with the other women. We haven't even been treated to a half-assed rehearsal for EJ. Maybe it's time for her to step down to FOH status given that she has no A-plot to contribute.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

How long is it from LA to Dana Point? 

It can take over 2 hours with traffic.  I've had it take almost 3 on one recent miserable Sunday.  Late at night it's not that much over an hour.  Of course it matters where in LA you're coming from.  I'm close-ish to the freeway.  

• Love 1

Oh poor, thirsty Dorit. 

Poor, poor, thirsty Dorit.

She tries to drive a wedge between Kyle and LVP at dinner at Palihouse.

She tries to drive a wedge between Teddie and Ericka at Teddie's own home.

She tries to drive a wedge between Kyle/LVP and the rest of the group at dinner in New York.

She's just so busy trying to carve out a space for herself that she exaggerates, embellishes, creates stories, lies and spreads shit. And then, sits back disingenuously and says, 'Who, me?'

She's trying so hard for the Queen Bee crown, it's hilarious. Can't wait for a good, old-fashioned LVP smackdown. In a true British accent.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, BBHN said:

Well, the fact that she has a book deal means somebody cares. Or at least a few somebodies.

It makes me wonder though, who, in the literary world, makes the decision on which books they think will be profitable.  In this case,  I'm assuming that most people have never heard of Erika Jayne.  If not for this show, I'd have no clue who she is.  I see a relatively small market for a book like hers, but what do I know, it may just sell like hotcakes!  I really can't imagine that it would, but hey, kadooz (tm Ramona) for giving it a try!   

• Love 7