Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: That Was Weird

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Oh, I get the flowing clothing thing.  As someone who had horribly painful and heavy periods due to fibriods (the gushing kind of periods where I could bleed through a heavy duty tampon and double pads in an instant). My point was that people said Erika was not wearing white, when in fact she was at some point during the evening. I can't say I ever wore white when I had the fibroids, it was stressful enough wearing dark colours and wondering if I was bleeding through. The last few weeks before my hysterectomy I was in meetings that were hours long, and it was extremely stressful and hard to concentrate, not knowing if I would bleed through my clothes. TMI? 

I gotcha.  Frankly the only thing I remember her wearing was the flowing thing.  Period/no period, I don't wear white pants because I am afraid I will sit on something and have a stain on my ass all day long!  Wearing white pants while on your period?  Risky!

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know if Erika's assistant lives in LA or Pasadena where she lives.  It looks like it is just under 2 hours from Pasadena to Dana Point.  Not sure if that is with traffic.

That is not with traffic.  Well, maybe like 1pm weekday traffic.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, film noire said:

True - but the mistake was addressed pretty quickly, so the same dynamic (people interacting and influencing each other) led to the facts being corrected. (If only the news media were as quick to correct as the PTV housewife forums :)

I didn't find that weird at all - OCD parenting from her father or not, I think she chose a completely non-weird way to handle Erika's petulant bullshit (and not just because I used to do the same with my nephew when he had a brat attack :) There's The Cunty Queen glowering in Teddi's kitchen (as if savaged by a million vicious insults) and there's the supposed Mother of Insulters herself, de-escalating Erika's sulking fit by doing kitchen tasks. Pretty smart, imo.

You might even say, normal.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I gotcha.  Frankly the only thing I remember her wearing was the flowing thing.  Period/no period, I don't wear white pants because I am afraid I will sit on something and have a stain on my ass all day long!  Wearing white pants while on your period?  Risky!

Me every time I foolishly buy a white shirt: "Maybe I'll get to wear this more than once."  I bought white pants last summer because white capris seemed like just the thing for a Mediterranean vacation.  They made it through vacation unscathed and made it another month before I gave up.  My dogs get little paw prints on the legs before I can get out of the house. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So I guess there would be a good chance that Dorit will say to LVP, "As your friend, I think you should know that the girls were talking about you when we all had dinner at Irvington."

Or that she was DEFENDING LVP when everyone started tearing her down.....but never fear, she WILL attempt to get in front of this.  If I were LVP, I would take CAMILLE aside and ask her what the sequence of events was.  In fact, judging from the fact that she confronts the little gossip with her ever-snarky "now's your chance" next week, I'm thinking DOR-it better bring a bike; the better to back pedal, my dear....

• Love 7
Just now, Natalie68 said:

How about later at night?  I have no idea.

Depends on day of week and time.  Any night after 9 or 10 pm should be on the light side unless there's freeway construction, which they do at night.  Usually most of the traffic is in the LA area portion of the drive and that's the worst from like 8 until 10 and then 3-3:30 until 7 or 8 on weekdays.  On weekends you've got to go early to avoid it. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, rho said:

You are being very kind. Dorit's behavior that morning was SO WEIRD! She was acting like a drug addict going through withdrawal. I thought she was going to pass out before she even started being a little tattle tale (TM Camille). 

I think she was anxious about how she was going to get Ericka alone so she could make sure the FIRST version she heard was DOR-it's and none of the others could contradict her.  

• Love 7

Sorry if anyone mentioned this as I am a little late to the party. I agree that Erika should have spoken to Teddi privately and let her know she wasn't going to spend the night and why. Goodness, she could have just said it outright since she was sharing her most intimate physical details. The following morning, I love, no, LOVED, it when Camille kept telling Dorit she was a tattletale. I did laugh at Dorit's hypocrisy and telling Camille she was a child for calling Dorit a tattletale because Dorit's behavior was the personification of childish.

As for Erika's outdated kitchen? Her whole house is old, fugly, and outdated based on what we've seen in past seasons. Not impressed! 

All I could think of when Lisa showed her towering, pink platforms was her tottering around like a dowager in heels. She needs to accept that she cannot walk in heels that high.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Depends on day of week and time.  Any night after 9 or 10 pm should be on the light side unless there's freeway construction, which they do at night.  Usually most of the traffic is in the LA area portion of the drive and that's the worst from like 8 until 10 and then 3-3:30 until 7 or 8 on weekdays.  On weekends you've got to go early to avoid it. 

Thanks for the info!  

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

: ) 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

THAT is what Teddi should have done.  Be a gracious host and not make your guest feel uncomfortable.  I think both Erika and Teddi could have handled it better.  Erika could have alerted Teddi to her leaving and why and Teddi could have told the other ladies to pipe down, Erika wasn't feeling well.

I used to take meds that gave me the flu every week (MS injections).  My dad's bitch of a gf used to give me such shit that I didn't want to work 40-50 hours, travel over 2 hours one way,  and spend my only two days off being really sick in a strange bed unable to visit anyway.  I also at times traveled to see them only to not feel well and have to leave.  I do NOT like being anywhere but home (or at least alone) when I am under the weather and I get REALLY cranky about it when people try to change my mind.

Maybe had Teddi known that Erika was feeling sick, she would have done differently but Teddi did not know!

• Love 3

I'm not really understanding why everyone's on the Erika hate train, over leaving a party. I have never been her fan, but she seems a little softer this season. If she was having period problems, or bathroom problems, or just anxiety about staying at someone's house WHO CARES? Why is this such a big deal? I don't like staying at other peoples houses either. And it's not because I'm a rich bitch or a snob, I'm just not comfortable. I don't like staying at hotels either, but if I was not feeling well, I'd prefer that over having to fake that I was having fun when I felt lousy. Other housewives have left parties when they weren't feeling well. No one got all out of shape about that. And for someone who's all "chill" (Teddi) I'm not getting that vibe from her.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

It's amazing how quickly our own perceptions and recollections of what we saw can be changed or influenced by the input of others.  

2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Things only have to be posted a couple of times before they become "boards true".  Often times the original poster isn't even being serious, they are making a joke or using hyperbole, sometimes they are simply asking a question, but it just seems to take off.  

I had to rewatch the episode because a number of posters, for pages, have been saying that Erika snuck out and should have just explained her menstrual pain to avoid the drama.  This seems like its "boards true" and it didn't happen on rewatch.

They thought it was weird that she decided to leave after she picked out a bedroom.  They knew she was having menstrual issues, she told a table full of people.  Dorit and Kyle made comments that indicate Erica told them she was leaving.  It can't be proven she told Teddi these things,; but given the footage and comments, at a minimum Kyle shouldn't have been as vocal as she was with the its weird Erica left conversation and likely would have told Teddi if Erika didn't herself.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

I'm not really understanding why everyone's on the Erika hate train, over leaving a party. I have never been her fan, but she seems a little softer this season. If she was having period problems, or bathroom problems, or just anxiety about staying at someone's house WHO CARES? Why is this such a big deal? I don't like staying at other peoples houses either. And it's not because I'm a rich bitch or a snob, I'm just not comfortable. I don't like staying at hotels either, but if I was not feeling well, I'd prefer that over having to fake that I was having fun when I felt lousy. Other housewives have left parties when they weren't feeling well. No one got all out of shape about that. And for someone who's all "chill" (Teddi) I'm not getting that vibe from her.

It shouldn't be but the problem with Erika is that she's already known as being difficult, dramatic and hard to befriend. Even if she was having real issues, it's like, "there she goes again." 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

First, not everyone is on the Erika hate train. Secondly, it's considered de rigueur to thank your host and let them know that you're leaving. There's nothing complicated or fake about it. That's what grown bitches do. I mean really.  Erika snuck out like a thief in the night--like she stole something. It was completely unnecessary because she was on the right side of things this time.

• Love 21
47 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

No one here is faulting her leaving, it is that she didn't bother to let her host know why she was leaving, she just left. It was rude and Erika needs to acknowledge that she was wrong.

45 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I had to rewatch the episode because a number of posters, for pages, have been saying that Erika snuck out and should have just explained her menstrual pain to avoid the drama.  This seems like its "boards true" and it didn't happen on rewatch.

They thought it was weird that she decided to leave after she picked out a bedroom.  They knew she was having menstrual issues, she told a table full of people.  Dorit and Kyle made comments that indicate Erica told them she was leaving.  It can't be proven she told Teddi these things,; but given the footage and comments, at a minimum Kyle shouldn't have been as vocal as she was with the its weird Erica left conversation and likely would have told Teddi if Erika didn't herself.

Teddi said in her blog that she had no idea why Erika left, she did not know that Erika wasn't feeling well. Erika asked for Teddi to have gate security let her assistant through after the cameras left (which is why we didn't see it in the episode) and the next thing she knew was that Erika left. Teddi was not out on the patio when Erika was filling in the others about her period issues, Teddi was inside the house, so she wasn't part of that conversation. 

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No one here is faulting her leaving, it is that she didn't bother to let her host know why she was leaving, she just left. It was rude and Erika needs to acknowledge that she was wrong.

Teddi said in her blog that she had no idea why Erika left, she did not know that Erika wasn't feeling well. Erika asked for Teddi to have gate security let her assistant through after the cameras left (which is why we didn't see it in the episode) and the next thing she knew was that Erika left. Teddi was not out on the patio when Erika was filling in the others about her period issues, Teddi was inside the house, so she wasn't part of that conversation. 

And that's fine.  That explains Teddi's feelings.  What is the deal with Kyle?  She was out on the patio.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I don’t believe Erika had any intention of staying at Teddi’s, but figured she could sneak out and back in without it being filmed. Had she been a thoughtful houseguest and informed Teddi of her plan right from the start then all this nonsense may have been avoided, or at least minimized. 

Also, don’t think Teddi is being completely honest- I think she feels like Erika dislikes her, and Erika leaving ( regardless of the reason) hurt her feelings. Erika’s brush off made it even worse. 

After reading both Teddi and Erika’s blogs, I am feeling more Team Teddi. Erika was snide, and snippy in her blog, and not very believable. 

Erika wants people to believe she is cool as a cucumber, confident, with zero F’s to give, but she is seeming more insecure and damaged than anything. 

Erika doesn't give a f**k about anything or anyone. Everything is all about her. She's SO self-absorbed.

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:35 PM, WireWrap said:

Erika walked into Teddy's house telling everyone that she was not feeling well/about her bad period, so she could have told Teddy that she wouldn't be sleeping there or at the least, that she might not stay the night. Instead, she picked a room and put her luggage in it and acted like she was there until morning. She should have been more upfront with her hostess. 

I'm not sure what sex you are but if you're a woman and have ever had a period, you've never experienced cramps that have gotten progressively worse throughout the evening?  I honestly don't understand why it's so hard to imagine a situation where someone would have every intention of staying the night somewhere even though they aren't feeling well, then begin to feel progressively worse throughout the evening and change their minds about staying overnight.  Especially when people are partying like college students to the wee hours of the morning. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, lezlers said:

if you're a woman and have ever had a period, you've never experienced cramps that have gotten progressively worse throughout the evening?  

Sure - but (at least according to Teddi's blog) that's not what happened:

"I completely empathize with Erika as I’m sure women everywhere watching do; I can see why she’d prefer to not stay up until 2AM getting tipsy and humping my picnic table.

What we later discovered that night— and what you didn’t see—was that her assistant had already driven to Dana Point separately and got a hotel room for her.

Again, I didn’t have a problem with her leaving to stay in a hotel—I offered that option when I invited everyone. The issue is why spend the day pretending you’re going to stay over, but as soon as the camera crew leaves you have your assistant come pick you up? It’s not like Erika came to us at the end of the night to say she wasn’t feeling well and thought she’d feel better sleeping in a hotel. No. She asked me to call in a pass for her assistant who then arrived at my security gate. Erika then left so abruptly—and without explanation—that it was clear she had planned to stay at the hotel all along."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

And that's fine.  That explains Teddi's feelings.  What is the deal with Kyle?  She was out on the patio.

I don't think Kyle said anything mean, she just wished that Erika had stayed and joined in on the group fun. 

1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I'm not sure what sex you are but if you're a woman and have ever had a period, you've never experienced cramps that have gotten progressively worse throughout the evening?  I honestly don't understand why it's so hard to imagine a situation where someone would have every intention of staying the night somewhere even though they aren't feeling well, then begin to feel progressively worse throughout the evening and change their minds about staying overnight.  Especially when people are partying like college students to the wee hours of the morning. 

I am a woman and have been through what Erika went through and I can say that I would not have put myself in that position, I would have stayed home. That said, it was her job to go but she should have informed her hostess that she was leaving and why, she didn't. It seems that everyone is to treat Erika with the utmost respect even though she doesn't treat them the same way. Respect is a two way street, you have to give it to get it but Erika demands that the others earn hers first and it just doesn't work that way. Everyone is to make her feelings/opinions their priority all while she even refuses to hear/acknowledge theirs.  And again, Teddi did not know Erika didn't feel well because Erika didn't tell her anything.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know if Erika's assistant lives in LA or Pasadena where she lives.  It looks like it is just under 2 hours from Pasadena to Dana Point.  Not sure if that is with traffic.

I am going to make a wild guess that Erika's assistant dropped her off at LVP's and proceeded to Dana Point.  I believe the assistant was going to stay at a hotel and Erika may have planned on having her join the women to get help with her make-up or was going to dash over and get her make-up done before the next day's activities.  I do think the others find it "weird" that Erika doesn't travel alone.  Being it is her third year, the veterans have gotten use to it.

• Love 6
On 2/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, janie2002 said:

I hadnt notice one either, but she does have a fupa.  But she is a gorgeous woman so maybe she is fine with it. She has said she doesn't like working out

Had to google fupa - so funny; there’s a word for everything!

• Love 1

Erika didn't slip out without saying anything.  When the women were talking about her after she left they were all aware she was leaving and going to a hotel.  Teddi was on the one complaining about how Erika had "psyched" them out by getting a room and Teddi based on no factual information decided that Erika had booked a room without any intent to spend the night.  Erika knows what and when she decided to get a room and her account differs from Teddi.

Reality is when they are filming there are most likely at least a half dozen to a dozen* crew people present.  So as the cameras went down and Erika summoned her assistant, there was no shortage of people in the know she was leaving. The women in their after hours tape were all aware of the fact.  There was no sneaking off in the night.  If Teddi would have known at 10 pm instead of midnight would it have made a difference-or been any less weird?  Would 8 pm have made a difference?  With all the comments about how Dorit is the scene stealer and craves attention, maybe Erika did not want to draw attention to her change in plans.  It sounded to me like Teddi wanted someone to decline her hospitality so she could continue to beat the same old dead horse she is laid back and chill and the rest are uptight and shallow.

(Just a little side note- the travel booker for the RH trips wrote a blog and said production takes 30 people when they go on the big trip and that does not count any Glam Squad personnel.)

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Erika didn't slip out without saying anything.  When the women were talking about her after she left they were all aware she was leaving and going to a hotel.  Teddi was on the one complaining about how Erika had "psyched" them out by getting a room and Teddi based on no factual information decided that Erika had booked a room without any intent to spend the night.  Erika knows what and when she decided to get a room and her account differs from Teddi.

Reality is when they are filming there are most likely at least a half dozen to a dozen* crew people present.  So as the cameras went down and Erika summoned her assistant, there was no shortage of people in the know she was leaving. The women in their after hours tape were all aware of the fact.  There was no sneaking off in the night.  If Teddi would have known at 10 pm instead of midnight would it have made a difference-or been any less weird?  Would 8 pm have made a difference?  With all the comments about how Dorit is the scene stealer and craves attention, maybe Erika did not want to draw attention to her change in plans.  It sounded to me like Teddi wanted someone to decline her hospitality so she could continue to beat the same old dead horse she is laid back and chill and the rest are uptight and shallow.

(Just a little side note- the travel booker for the RH trips wrote a blog and said production takes 30 people when they go on the big trip and that does not count any Glam Squad personnel.)

Teddi's complaint wasn't that Erika left/went to a hotel, it was that she didn't tell her why she left after securing a room for herself and that Erika didn't tell her she was leaving when she had Teddi give the gate security a heads up to let Erika's assistant through after midnight. Yes, I am sure they all saw Erika/her assistant take her suitcase and leave but that doesn't mean that Erika said anything to them about it either. Teddi was not present when Erika filled the rest in on her period problems, Teddi was inside the house while the rest were sitting on the patio outside talking.

I do agree that Teddi is fully invested in her "casual/laidback" persona but no more than Erika is in her "gives zero fucks" about anything beyond her own wants/needs/feelings/opinions/too cool for anyone attitude. 

• Love 15

Here's my question:

What exactly was Erika embarrassed about? Certainly not her period which she described as "a faucet" and as "the worst ever" on camera two different times. So what's embarrassing? 

Here's what I think. Production was having them all stay under the same roof. Erika was laying the groundwork for an excuse she knew would be tough for the ladies to argue about. Nobody talks about Vanderpump's continual "She didn't come back? She didn't come back?" in the morning before Erika re-arrives. When Erika gets out of the random car I feel like you can see on her face, "Oh, the cameras are up already."She's immediately uncomfortable back in the house, like when somebody gets caught in a lie and doesn't know what to do. There's a lot fo 4th wall they're not breaking but I feel like Teddi's blog is trying to tip off to the viewer that Erika is a diva who doesn't play by the same rules as the rest of them. 

• Love 13

but an emotionally healthy person would eventually become warmer and more open as time goes on

We've seen her become warmer and more open to Kyle, Rinna, and Eileen.

I think the nutshell, bottom line of this whole thing, for me, is this: If you were in Erika's shoes, and you saw the footage of what the women were saying , would you feel at all uncomfortable about it? (I know I would.)  And I think they know by now that Erika would, so it makes me wonder why they did it.  

Sure, I think Erika has "issues". But lots of people do. I know to steer clear of certain topics/behaviors with certain people. And they do with me.  I can't be the only person like this!  Maybe it's a Canadian thing...shrug.

That makes sense.

All but Teddi knew about her horrid period, as she filled them in when she got to the beach house and they all commiserated with her

And yet none of them put two and two together...or mentioned it to Teddi...

Yes, Erika wanted to be "insulted", in other words, she wants to play the victim. 

Nah, not really.

I think Erica having the nerve to go up to bed while they were still having fun would have been met with roughly the same reaction as Erica going to the hotel.

Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't...

Or that she was DEFENDING LVP when everyone started tearing her down.....but never fear, she WILL attempt to get in front of this.  If I were LVP, I would take CAMILLE aside and ask her what the sequence of events was.  In fact, judging from the fact that she confronts the little gossip with her ever-snarky "now's your chance" next week, I'm thinking DOR-it better bring a bike; the better to back pedal, my dear....

Yes, it will be interesting to see how Dorit will choose to spin things and stir the pot up even more...

And if Dorit hadn't pounced on Erika with Dorit's version of events, it probably wouldn't have even been an issue to begin with.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Teddi's complaint wasn't that Erika left/went to a hotel, it was that she didn't tell her why she left after securing a room for herself and that Erika didn't tell her she was leaving when she had Teddi give the gate security a heads up to let Erika's assistant through after midnight. Yes, I am sure they all saw Erika/her assistant take her suitcase and leave but that doesn't mean that Erika said anything to them about it either. Teddi was not present when Erika filled the rest in on her period problems, Teddi was inside the house while the rest were sitting on the patio outside talking.

I do agree that Teddi is fully invested in her "casual/laidback" persona but no more than Erika is in her "gives zero fucks" about anything beyond her own wants/needs/feelings/opinions/too cool for anyone attitude. 

Is Teddi idling at being a little slow on the uptake? Did something happen to Teddi's voice that after letting Erika's assistant in via security? Wouldn't someone at least inquire why the assistant was at the gate?  Once the luggage was being loaded it would seem if Teddi was that curious she could  inquire if Erika was okay or asked why she had taken a room.  Communication is a two way street.  We have no idea how many production people Erika told, and of course she did tell them so she would confirm she would be back the following day.  We don't know what  Teddi was doing when Erika decided to take her leave-folding more bags?  Teddi could have asked  I am quite certain at some point with 10 or so people overhearing Erika's period conversation it was not a state secret.  Instead Teddi creates this scenario that is it was some sneaky weird plot Erika cooked up to "psych" her and the rest out she was staying the night when she secretly had planned to stay at the DoubleTree Inn.   What would be the upside to Erika deciding to get a room in advance?  Much like Erika and the zero fucks, Teddi does the same she claims she offered the women staying at hotel (on their dime) with her potluck beach house invite so it should not have bothered her that Erika exercised Plan B.

Teddi and Erika are one in the same they both claim to not give a fuck about something but then continue to discuss it and complain about it to the others. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't...

Nah, not really: )

All Queen Cunty had to do was be polite and let her hostess know that she'd already sent her assistant to book a hotel room & likely would not be staying, due to being unwell and (as Teddi mentioned in her blog post) any potential hijinx coming after midnight - easy, honest and direct -- and so simple. No need for St Erika of the Pigtails to appear -- damned no matter what and burned at the stake unfairly! --  just an up front admission of her already-made plans. 

4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

It seems that everyone is to treat Erika with the utmost respect even though she doesn't treat them the same way. 

leslie H.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19

Nah, not really: )

Nah, really: )

It's still debatable as to weather or not she was planning on leaving from the get go or if the hotel room was just a contingency plan she had just in case she couldn't deal with things.

Had she told Teddi she was leaving, she would have been burned at the stake -- and probably spat on too just for good measure! -- for not wanting to spend time at Teddi's of for reasons.

giphy.gif

• Love 2
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Teddi and Erika are one in the same they both claim to not give a fuck about something but then continue to discuss it and complain about it to the others. 

Absolutely. This entire "episode" made me ask: Was this dust-up really necessary?  It didn't seem to fit well into the sequence and struck me as something created by the writers to fill an hour or so.  It was their version of The Menstrual Period That Shook Beverly Hills, designed to make nearly everyone look bad.  Baloney!

Edited by Lura
typo
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

Nah, really: )

Yah, really!  :)

It's still debatable as to weather or not she was planning on leaving from the get go or if the hotel room was just a contingency plan she had just in case she couldn't deal with things.

Even if it was a contingency plan, just as easy to explain that to your hostess -- there's nothing difficult about saying "I might be renting a hotel room as a contingency, and please don't worry if I slip out later." 

Had she told Teddi she was leaving, she would have been burned at the stake -and probably spat on too just for good measure! 

But they didn't burn her at the stake when she rudely left without a word, so they'd hardly burn her at the stake for being polite and thoughtful before she left.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14

Yah, really!  :)

If you say so. I certainly don't. But feel free to quote me and have the last word :)

Even if it was a contingency plan, just as easy to explain that to your hostess -- there's nothing difficult about saying "I might be renting a hotel room as a contingency, and please don't worry if I slip out later." 

And even if she didn't...not that big of an issue to me. She was probably feeling like crap, so she gets a pass this time.

Who knows, maybe she didn't want to bring it up because she thought she would make it through the night at Teddi's and then couldn't.

But they didn't burn her at the stake when she rudely left without a word, so they'd hardly burn her at the stake for being polite and thoughtful before she left.

I wasn't referring to the HWs.

BALENCIAGA!!!

Those would probably be Dorit's final words, not Erika's. Erica's would probably be GUCCI!!!

I wonder what the rest of the HWs final words would be.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

I wasn't referring to the HWs.

Sorry I misunderstood -- if not her fellow cast members, who were you referring to as burning Erika at the stake and spitting on her? 

(@walnutqueen - Frances Conroy made a meal out of that one name -- so good.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

It's not about leaving the party.  I'm on the dislike Erika Jane because she sucks in general. 

Edited by Higgins
can't edit oh well
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

I'm not really understanding why everyone's on the Erika hate train, over leaving a party. I have never been her fan, but she seems a little softer this season.

I don't hate her, I just don't understand her at times.  She seems to have warmed up to a few of the ladies, but I really wonder if she truly likes any of them or just placates everybody in order to be on this show.  Sometimes the way she goes from "I don't give a fuck" to suddenly seeming to be best friends with some of them (Dorit) leaves me wondering how that happened, since we mostly see them all arguing over one stupid issue after another.  It's not a slam on Erika.  I recognize the behavior of being super nice to someone because you have to.  I've been that way with a few co-workers over the years.  I've had some that annoyed the crap out of me, but since I had to work with them, I had to at least act like I cared (which I did about serious problems, not about their day-to-day activities.)  I know that sounds harsh, but that's just how Erika seems to me.  I understand why she's cautious around other women, so that's why I wonder if she truly feels close to any of them.  She and Kyle seem to have a genuine friendship.  I'm not sure about the others though.  I might be way off base with my assessment of Erika, but that's how I see things.  YMMV.

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 4

Well, with regards to Dorit and Erika, Erika did seem to be over what happened last year and wanted to move on from that, as per what she told LVP in Vegas.

She and Kyle do seem to have a genuine friendship, and she also seems to have one with Rinna as well.

• Love 1
On 2/16/2018 at 8:39 AM, Juniebaby said:

Everyone is so hyper sensitive now a days.  Saying someone leaving without telling anyone is weird is no big deal.  If that’s the worst thing anyone says about me I’ll be happy.  She didn’t tell anyone she was leaving, she asked for the entrance code to be picked up.  It is extremely bad manners to not tell your host you’re leaving.  How about before shooting a text to be picked up you tell the host I really need to rest I’m feeling lousy and there would have been no problem.  It was done sneakily and that’s what made it strange.

As for Erika’s kitchen, it’s probably not updated because they don’t use it.  They clearly don’t eat any meals together, she says she never cooks and they probably have help who makes coffee and anything else they might want so it’s not important to them.  I also think Erika is sad and lonely.  She doesn’t have female friends & has more of a father/daughter relationship with Tom.  Honestly I do not envy her life.

The entire house is outdated. It looks like a museum. I find it difficult to believe that a "cutting edge" cool girl like Erika would not have insisted in living in a more modern environment, at least a remodel. 

I think that place is all Tom. I don't think that Erika is allowed to touch a single pillow or vase. 

I agree with your last line.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

The entire house is outdated. It looks like a museum. I find it difficult to believe that a "cutting edge" cool girl like Erika would not have insisted in living in a more modern environment, at least a remodel. 

I think that place is all Tom. I don't think that Erika is allowed to touch a single pillow or vase. 

I agree with your last line.

Erika's house was done to reflect the era of the home when it was built.  http://pasadenamag.com/keepin-it-real/

The designer she used is called the "Billionaire Whisperer".  So when we see hand painted tile in Erika's kitchen it has more to do with pick something that would have been around at the time the house was built.  I don't see Erika and her designer going with the quartz countertops with a waterfall edge anytime soon.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, PerPlexied said:

There's a lot fo 4th wall they're not breaking but I feel like Teddi's blog is trying to tip off to the viewer that Erika is a diva who doesn't play by the same rules as the rest of them. 

That is the impression I had as well from Teddi's blog.

• Love 3

Erika's house was done to reflect the era of the home when it was built.  http://pasadenamag.com/keepin-it-real/

Interesting.

There's a lot fo 4th wall they're not breaking but I feel like Teddi's blog is trying to tip off to the viewer that Erika is a diva who doesn't play by the same rules as the rest of them. 

Or trying to get her POV across to look as good as possible.

Which is what all the HWs do when they blog.

7 hours ago, Lura said:

Absolutely. This entire "episode" made me ask: Was this dust-up really necessary?  It didn't seem to fit well into the sequence and struck me as something created by the writers to fill an hour or so.  It was their version of The Menstrual Period That Shook Beverly Hills, designed to make nearly everyone look bad.  Baloney!

So true!! The whole thing felt oddly manufactured and they probably would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for Dorit's poor acting in the morning, dropping MAJOR hints that something was wrong until Erika finally indulged her. I think they just can't have a trip without some drama.

2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I don't hate her, I just don't understand her at times.  She seems to have warmed up to a few of the ladies, but I really wonder if she truly likes any of them or just placates everybody in order to be on this show.  Sometimes the way she goes from "I don't give a fuck" to suddenly seeming to be best friends with some of them (Dorit) leaves me wondering how that happened, since we mostly see them all arguing over one stupid issue after another.  It's not a slam on Erika.  I recognize the behavior of being super nice to someone because you have to.  I've been that way with a few co-workers over the years.  I've had some that annoyed the crap out of me, but since I had to work with them, I had to at least act like I cared (which I did about serious problems, not about their day-to-day activities.)  I know that sounds harsh, but that's just how Erika seems to me.  I understand why she's cautious around other women, so that's why I wonder if she truly feels close to any of them.  She and Kyle seem to have a genuine friendship.  I'm not sure about the others though.  I might be way off base with my assessment of Erika, but that's how I see things.  YMMV.

I think that's the best way to put it. It does seem like Erika is forging friendships with some of the other women. But what strikes me as odd is that she NEVER seems to have fun. She is a very serious person which totally contrasts with her "job" as Erika Jayne. Even rehearsing with her gays or when she was packing designer clothes for NYFW, all of it feels like a business transaction. It's hard to tell because she's always dressed like a 6yo who got into mommy's closet but she doesn't ever seem to be enjoying herself very much.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

It's not about leaving the party.  I'm on the dislike Erika Jane because she sucks in general. 

Well that I get. I don't  like her either, and last season I couldn't stand her. I was referring to all the outrage expressed here over her leaving Teddie's. That I don't get. 

• Love 3