Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: That Was Weird

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Erika wanted to be "insulted", in other words, she wants to play the victim. 

Yes, Dorit made a mountain out of a mole hill and Erika is turning that mountain into an erupting volcano!

Yes, Dorit made it sound dire but Erika is well aware of Dorit's love of exaggeration, so she should not have trusted Dorit. Erika didn't allow anyone to explain anything said that night, she went into indignant victim role right away and according to her blog, she is going to make the others pay for their comments. And, she is making that threat after seeing/hearing that no one said anything unkind about her. Of course, she is ignoring that Dorit made the same kind of comments about Erika leaving that the others did but like last season, she is refusing to hold Dorit (her team) accountable for what she condemns the others for doing. 

Nah, if she wanted to play victim she would have gone into detail how heavy her period was, etc. Same at dinner the following day - could have gone into gory detail . She chose to simply say she will do what she wants. I did not hear any victim noise from Erika. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So when Erika tipped the porter at the hotel in NY, did she give him a hundred then joke that he should  give her 80 back? Because that would have made me come back with 80, just in case she wasn't joking.

That hotel in NY -- just me, or did it seem kind of average?

I wondered about that, too. Totally with you on returning with 80 bucks as well.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Nah, if she wanted to play victim she would have gone into detail how heavy her period was, etc. Same at dinner the following day - could have gone into gory detail . She chose to simply say she will do what she wants. I did not hear any victim noise from Erika. 

She kind of did go into some detail when she got there the first day. They were all, except for Teddi, sitting outside at the table and Erika was explain how bad/painful her period was. BTW, they were all supportive of what she was going through. No one said anything bad about her that night, Dorit just made it seem that way and shame on her for doing it but also shame on Erika for believing her, Dorit, over someone that has been her friend since she joined the cast.......Kyle.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Hotel-gate....the original message from Teddie stated there was a hotel as an option. The only thing weird was Teddie saying it was weird.

Let's talk about weird....Teddie's fugly kitchen! Now that was weird! 

Erika and Tom’s kitchen is way fuglier! It’s so old fashioned and frumpy. That’s weird because they have the money to update. Maybe it’s a case of it being Tom’s home not their home? (Not in a legal sense, but in an emotional sense!)

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I get the period thing. I have horrendous issues on that front. I've passed out numerous times from pain. I've passed out numerous times from blood loss. I've since developed fibroids in the past 2 years and bled for a solid month every year. But one of the signs that I was fucking grown was my ability to just tell people what was wrong rather than dance around it. Erika is insecure and immature. She's so fearful of being judged that she does strange things to avoid it and is cold to protect herself against judgement.

The dumb thing is that had she been honest with all of the ladies, it's doubtful that any of them would have had shit to say about her staying at the hotel. And if they did, they would have revealed themselves to be hateful cows on the wrong side of this argument.

I think that's giving them too much credit.   She told LvP, Kyle, and Dorit "I'm having the worse period of my entire life.  I feel like I'm dying." the during the day before she went to the hotel.  They showed the footage.  What about that is avoiding it?

Showing that there is a likelihood they would act like hateful cows, LvP did a talking head where she said "I'm a woman. I've dealt with stomach cramps a million times and I don't quite understand why she needs to check into a hotel." 

I think Erica having the nerve to go up to bed while they were still having fun would have been met with roughly the same reaction as Erica going to the hotel. Its kind of weird and anti-social and cold that she doesn't want to hang out with us girls having fun.  And I doubt they would have kept it down, so Erica not in the mood for a sleepless night would have been pissed off.   So she retreated to a hotel.

That would be my opinion if I thought that this was what any of this was about.

But, there was some kind of weird undercurrent going on.  Erica's reaction seemed off.  LvP was also acting kind of weird about it too. She just had an attitude and a few comments that made me think she was not pleased with Erica, more so than everyone else.  She was throwing out a lot of snide one liners before Dorit stirred everything up and she was really quiet through the whole thing.  It didn't seem like it was protectiveness of Teddi initially.  At one point I wondered if she was ticked that Erica stayed at a hotel and LvP would have rather been at a hotel too and was irritated that Erica got away with it.

It felt like something else entirely was going on underneath.  Like irritation that Erica was treating the trip like a job and left with the cameras did and the others don't like that.  It kind of reminded me of something that happened in season one where there was a fight that seemed to be clearly about the fact that they had agreed certain things were off limits for the show and they were fighting about that agreement being broken with out really saying it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Read her blog. She was a victim of mean girls who didn't have empathy for her pain.

She wrote this AFTER watching this episode. BTW, I never heard one of them say she was pretending(which she says in her blog). JFC

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 22
On 2/14/2018 at 4:52 PM, Jel said:

I like Camille, and I really like her on the show because she strikes me as someone who, about 1.5 inches in, is batshit fucking crazy. I don't know if that's true, but I am in to find out.

Teddi is the new Kyle in terms of getting away with things -- she cancelled the events of the day? And no one said anything about that?  

What are these cancelled events of the day of which you speak?  Beach volleyball, water polo, a wienie roast?  I think the events of the day would have been a blur of cats rolling around in the sand trying to kill each other hair extensions a flyin'.  The day was off to a bad start and it was going to be all down hill from there.

• Love 7

It's amazing how quickly our own perceptions and recollections of what we saw can be changed or influenced by the input of others.  We all watched the same episode.  There have now been several references to Erika wearing white pants.  Erika was not wearing white pants.  Once one poster wrote it, a few others- honestly, including me until I rewatched- now believed that Erika had been wearing white pants.

There has also been several references to Dorit saying something that night about Erika.  She certainly may have, but if you rewatch, the footage shown is of Dorit saying to the others, "Kyle was the one who was saying, I really love Erika, but it's wrong that she said she was staying here when she wasn't."   Kyle then responds, "I agree, 100%"     

It pains me produce any defense for Dorit at all,  I think she's a horrible person, but it I wanted to point out how easily things get changed and influenced by other people's perceptions, tellings and memories as time goes on.  I just think that's interesting.

Edited by Beachdreamer
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Nobody on the show ever spends much time avoiding things they think another person won't like. That's central to the premise of the show. (Also remember that these women were together for hours and hours so most of what they do probably isn't on camera--most people who do these shows admit that it's scary how quickly they forget they're being filmed.) They do interviews where they're supposed to talk about things candidly and it's where they get the most catty a lot of the time. Erika does it too, and she's probably also said plenty of things that made others just as uncomfortable. In this case they weren't even saying anything that would create a problem. That was on Dorit who even took care to twist it into something Erika needed to know because she was going to have to deal with it. She said Kyle and Teddi were mad that she left, implying that Erika was in a fight and that's how Erika treated it.

"Sniper from the side." 

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

"Sniper from the side." 

Are you implying that LVP nudged Dorit somehow into starting that trouble?  I actually wondered if something like that were the case.   I wondered a lot of things.  It's so hard to know to know what really happened.  But would LVP have wanted to take a shot at her friend Kyle after what had just gone down between them?  I think she would have.  And I think she is smart and sneaky enough to get someone else to do the dirty work.  I'm not sure if I think that's what happened, but I'm not ready to rule it out.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

Are you implying that LVP nudged Dorit somehow into starting that trouble?  I actually wondered if something like that were the case.   I wondered a lot of things.  It's so hard to know to know what really happened.  But would LVP have wanted to take a shot at her friend Kyle after what had just gone down between them?  I think she would have.  And I think she is smart and sneaky enough to get someone else to do the dirty work.  I'm not sure if I think that's what happened, but I'm not ready to rule it out.

I'm not implying anything of the sort. Erika is a gossip and sniper from the side is considerably more sinister than that was weird.

• Love 10
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Jel said:

I think they do avoid certain topics and each HW has one or two that are off limits. And if they do get broached, most of the time it's a one time deal because the fall out is pretty bad.  

I disagree that what they said wasn't a problem for Erika (and that it was Dorit's telling of it that was the sole cause the problem) because she wrote her blog after the episode aired, and she still seems a little salty about it. She saw what they said on that epi and she doesn't seem to be okay with it -- that's the impression I get from her blog anyway.  People are entitled to their feelings, she's entitled to set her own boundaries, and the other HWs get to choose whether or not they abide by them.  Rightly or wrongly, one of hers is don't talk about her (in an unflattering way) when she's not present.   The other HWs don't seem to share that particular button, but best not mention Kyle's problems with her sisters or Rinna's husband. Those buttons have been identified and not pressed since.

Yeah, well.....tough shit for poor" Baby Erika Jane." She is humorless and robotic and boring. Her choice of get-ups including pigtails and teeny-bob pink gloss and using a lollipop as a prop is vaguely geared  (or explicitly IMO) toward men with  pedophilic fantasies That is sick.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

Dorit wasn't part of the cast when Erika said that about Lisa (Lisa did not say that about Erika). Also, Kyle had nothing to do with that comment either. It was an example of things Erika has said about other HWs and it is far worse than someone saying Erika not telling (Teddi) that she was sick/leaving was "weird". 

• Love 5

Finally saw the episode. Per usual, LVP has designated herself the end all and be all authority, this time on menstrual pain. I have no fibroids or endometriosis, I've been checked several times. Just a lot of women in my family with terrrible cramps. Thanks Nana. It's horrendous pain Lisa. Shut up.

I think Erica was a bit bitchy about it but like her don't understand what the hell the big deal is. I am of the opinion that Camille is a bit of a famewhore and doesn't really add much to the show, but man she was on the money calling out Dorit.

• Love 4

Circumstances changed, so Teddi made a decision to change the agenda for the day in turn. It happens. 

But then it's just as possible that circumstances changed for Erika over the course of the previous day and she subsequently altered plans to stay at the beach house.

The premise that Erika's abrupt departure with Mikey constitutes a smoking gun proving she never planned to overnight at the beach is no more logical than the idea that Teddi abruptly "calling it a day" somehow illustrates that she never intended to have the women stay past the morning. Erika could have easily shot Mikey a text asking him to book a room as her physical condition worsened. 

When Erika was got defensive and curt toward Kyle/Teddi and then stomped off, all I could think of was her season six declaration that she would "never go into someone's home and act like an ass." Because she's done that at least twice now (shushing Kathryn in her own abode being the other occasion). 

But Teddi blithely declaring the behavior of one of her guests "weird" was bad hostessing.

• Love 1

Everyone is so hyper sensitive now a days.  Saying someone leaving without telling anyone is weird is no big deal.  If that’s the worst thing anyone says about me I’ll be happy.  She didn’t tell anyone she was leaving, she asked for the entrance code to be picked up.  It is extremely bad manners to not tell your host you’re leaving.  How about before shooting a text to be picked up you tell the host I really need to rest I’m feeling lousy and there would have been no problem.  It was done sneakily and that’s what made it strange.

As for Erika’s kitchen, it’s probably not updated because they don’t use it.  They clearly don’t eat any meals together, she says she never cooks and they probably have help who makes coffee and anything else they might want so it’s not important to them.  I also think Erika is sad and lonely.  She doesn’t have female friends & has more of a father/daughter relationship with Tom.  Honestly I do not envy her life.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She kind of did go into some detail when she got there the first day. They were all, except for Teddi, sitting outside at the table and Erika was explain how bad/painful her period was. BTW, they were all supportive of what she was going through. No one said anything bad about her that night, Dorit just made it seem that way and shame on her for doing it but also shame on Erika for believing her, Dorit, over someone that has been her friend since she joined the cast.......Kyle.

I wish she would believe Kyle as well. I hope that eventually she does. 

It reminds me of that scene in Pretty Woman. When Richard Gere asks Julia Roberts why she believes the bad stuff people say about her and lets it get to her, instead of the good stuff. She said that sometimes the bad stuff is easier to believe. I think it is human nature to a large extent. Erika wasn't deciding to be offended. She just was offended. That was her actual emotion. Just like LVP and Kyle will be insulted when they hear what Dorit was saying about them. Those are their actual feelings and emotions. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

It's amazing how quickly our own perceptions and recollections of what we saw can be changed or influenced by the input of others.  We all watched the same episode.  There have now been several references to Erika wearing white pants.  Erika was not wearing white pants.  Once one poster wrote it, a few others- honestly, including me until I rewatched- now believed that Erika had been wearing white pants.

There has also been several references to Dorit saying something that night about Erika.  She certainly may have, but if you rewatch, the footage shown is of Dorit saying to the others, "Kyle was the one who was saying, I really love Erika, but it's wrong that she said she was staying here when she wasn't."   Kyle then responds, "I agree, 100%"     

It pains me produce any defense for Dorit at all,  I think she's a horrible person, but it I wanted to point out how easily things get changed and influenced by other people's perceptions, tellings and memories as time goes on.  I just think that's interesting.

I love this post. I read some of the comments before I saw the actual episode. In the beginning, one person says that Erika was wearing white pants. Others agreed that she was, and suddenly there was a brief narrative that this was strange for someone bleeding so heavily and perhaps Erika was making the whole thing up. This went on for a while until it was pointed out that she wasn't in fact wearing white pants. That was Dorit. Just shows how things can get all muddled up, even among people who all watched the same episode. 

8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Showing that there is a likelihood they would act like hateful cows, LvP did a talking head where she said "I'm a woman. I've dealt with stomach cramps a million times and I don't quite understand why she needs to check into a hotel." 

I had forgotten about this. I am sure it jumped out to Erika when she was watching the episode. Not much sympathy or understanding there from LVP. 

• Love 3

I wonder, how much Erika getting pissed about the weird conversation, was that she worried that Tom will think she snuck off with another man. I know that sounds crazy, but last season's panty gate made think she didn't want Tom to think she was coming on to PK. Idk it's all very "weird" lol, sorry had add another weird, just to make myself laugh. For the record I don't think it's strange she stayed at a hotel. I do think it would have been better to give the heads up just to Teddi just to be polite.  I personally would not of gone anywhere if I had been dealing with what Erika described,  I'd kept my ass at home.

Dorit is a shit string monster, can't stand her.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

BTW, I forget but how soon after Ericka's arrival the trainer arrived and the exercise session began.   There's nothing in the conversation the previous night that would indicate that the women would not have subsequently talked to Ericka that morning about her departure, and even kidded her about it and how they were sorry she missed the shennanigans later that night.  DOR-it never gave them the chance.  It was much more important, as I've said, that she get in front of the narrative with Ericka so that everyone else would immediately be on the defensive.

What I'm sorry about is that Kyle didn't immediately turn to DOR-it and say "wait a minute - you said it was Teddy and ME?  As I recall you made an initial snarky comment yourself."  

• Love 6
On 2/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Because no one else has ever had an extra-bad month ever. Lucky! I didn't see it being all about her--at least not her making it about her; Dorit pretty much did that; Erica made it less about her by leaving, then she came back in the morning without much fanfare.

I think she left because she couldn’t have someone from her glam squad spend the night at teddies and get her make-up/hair /outfit done

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

Thats why eye witnesses can be a nightmare !

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

I love this post. I read some of the comments before I saw the actual episode. In the beginning, one person says that Erika was wearing white pants. Others agreed that she was, and suddenly there was a brief narrative that this was strange for someone bleeding so heavily and perhaps Erika was making the whole thing up. This went on for a while until it was pointed out that she wasn't in fact wearing white pants. That was Dorit. Just shows how things can get all muddled up, even among people who all watched the same episode. 

I had forgotten about this. I am sure it jumped out to Erika when she was watching the episode. Not much sympathy or understanding there from LVP. 

When Teddie said "It was weird"  she had a nasty tone in her voice. There must be  more to the story. Teddie seemed pissed off from the get go....she spent the entire time wiping her fugly kitchen counter. THAT was weird. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The ladies went to dinner at the Irvington located in the lobby of the W Hotel - very close to Union Square Park

Irvington2_0012a.jpg

? I would absolutely love to have dinner there! I was telling my SO how beautiful and spacious the restaurant was and that no matter how crowded it got, it feels like you would have ample room to breathe and move about. 

Edited by RealitytvLover
  • Love 3

What's helpful to remember is that the drama that drives this franchise is about having people who are willing to meddle because once the pot is successfully stirred, the drama created is due to people being stuck in a repetition of their reactions and feelings. This drama is the perfect example of taking a crumb and feeding a whole village. It was a very petty and nonsense thing to escalate but it only happened because neither side acknowledged what the other was saying, they only cared about sharing their own perspective of the events. All of this could have been avoided by simple courtesy - the moment Erika texted her assistant and asked them to arrange a hotel for her, she could have gone to Teddi and let her know that hasn't been feeling well and it's getting worse so she would feel more comfortable in a hotel and would be leaving at the end of the night. I don't think she was required to get into specifics. But she didn't do that and apparently didn't really provide any heads up which left the women confused and led to assumptions about her intentions of even staying in the first place. So let's be clear, it was Erika's behaviour that incited the conversation, it wasn't merely the fact that they wanted to talk about the one person who wasn't there that night. That was how they read the situation in that time and in every conversation after that, they've been explaining why they thought that, which isn't mutually exclusive to the notion that they must all still believe that she never intended on staying.

Dorit shared information (which seemed to be exaggerated)  and the women took issue with it because they walked into a situation that seemed heavier than what was actually discussed in reality. Teddi got defensive but I didn't see her getting defensive because she was really bothered by Erika leaving, I think she got defensive because her name was called out when the collective all made mention of the incident AND I believe she was trying to defend her thinking and reaction. If she had all of the information then that she has now, would she still call it weird? Well I guess that probably depends if her guest still chose to arrange her exit and then hurry out the door without ever letting her host know that she changed her plans and intended to now find accommodations elsewhere. But in that moment, Teddi found the sequence of events odd. I don't think there's anything wrong with Erika or Teddi explaining their side but that issue would have been squashed quickly without the lingering tension if Erika had said 'this is why I left, but I understand why you would think that's odd since I didn't let you know that I changed my plans and you are my host so that would have been the courteous thing to do'. And Teddi could have said 'I thought it was odd you left without telling me that you had changed your mind about plans but now I understand where you were coming from and I can understand that in your condition, I wasn't necessarily a priority and that's totally fair'.

• Love 15

I don’t believe Erika had any intention of staying at Teddi’s, but figured she could sneak out and back in without it being filmed. Had she been a thoughtful houseguest and informed Teddi of her plan right from the start then all this nonsense may have been avoided, or at least minimized. 

Also, don’t think Teddi is being completely honest- I think she feels like Erika dislikes her, and Erika leaving ( regardless of the reason) hurt her feelings. Erika’s brush off made it even worse. 

After reading both Teddi and Erika’s blogs, I am feeling more Team Teddi. Erika was snide, and snippy in her blog, and not very believable. 

Erika wants people to believe she is cool as a cucumber, confident, with zero F’s to give, but she is seeming more insecure and damaged than anything. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I don’t believe Erika had any intention of staying at Teddi’s, but figured she could sneak out and back in without it being filmed. Had she been a thoughtful houseguest and informed Teddi of her plan right from the start then all this nonsense may have been avoided, or at least minimized. 

Also, don’t think Teddi is being completely honest- I think she feels like Erika dislikes her, and Erika leaving ( regardless of the reason) hurt her feelings. Erika’s brush off made it even worse. 

After reading both Teddi and Erika’s blogs, I am feeling more Team Teddi. Erika was snide, and snippy in her blog, and not very believable. 

Erika wants people to believe she is cool as a cucumber, confident, with zero F’s to give, but she is seeming more insecure and damaged than anything. 

I just read Erika's blog, what is she talking about, regarding the woman talking shit about her? I'm pretty I watched the whole episode,  unless I was too drunk to remember  (just kidding, sort of lol) were the women talking shit about her. I thought were discussing her leaving abruptly,  and that was strange, to them. I didn't hear any shit talking. Idk I didn't mind Erika in the past. This season she seems more detached than usual.  Maybe it's because I really like Teddi and Erika seems pretty cool to her. Idk.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

But Dorit made it sound dire. She was all nervous acting when she brought it up. Acted like it was this huge deal. Erika kept trying to calm her down. "Just tell me" she had to say several times, as Dorit walked around in circles wringing her hands like she had to give her some really bad news. She made it sound ominous. She acted upset and conflicted, like she was terribly burdened. And since you rightly mention that Erika saw exactly what we saw, that isn't saying very much. We saw a couple of sentences. I would imagine the conversation went on longer. I have no idea if more was said (according to Dorit more was said, because people were "mad"). And according to Dorit, Kyle in particular had a lot to say, and since we didn't really see Kyle say much at all, is there more? I have zero idea, but my guess is that Erika thinks she was talked about poorly. Because of that bitch Dorit. She is the one who is to blame here. My guess is that if Dorit hadn't said anything, we would have never seen that footage, since it was filmed after the camera crew left for the night, probably by a Producer. 

You are being very kind. Dorit's behavior that morning was SO WEIRD! She was acting like a drug addict going through withdrawal. I thought she was going to pass out before she even started being a little tattle tale (TM Camille). 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

It's amazing how quickly our own perceptions and recollections of what we saw can be changed or influenced by the input of others.  

True - but the mistake was addressed pretty quickly, so the same dynamic (people interacting and influencing each other) led to the facts being corrected. (If only the news media were as quick to correct as the PTV housewife forums :)

5 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

she spent the entire time wiping her fugly kitchen counter. THAT was weird. 

I didn't find that weird at all - OCD parenting from her father or not, I think she chose a completely non-weird way to handle Erika's petulant bullshit (and not just because I used to do the same with my nephew when he had a brat attack :) There's The Cunty Queen glowering in Teddi's kitchen (as if savaged by a million vicious insults) and there's the supposed Mother of Insulters herself, de-escalating Erika's sulking fit by doing kitchen tasks. Pretty smart, imo.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10

"In the future, I will not be extending any sort of understanding or sympathy to anyone that could not sympathize with me."

FirsthandColossalIndianelephant-size_res

"...I would of [sic] rather been at home in my own bed doubled over in pain."

So, she wouldn't have been taking care of her still recovering, non-ambulatory husband? 

She's so full of shit. Diamond-encrusted, maybe, but nonetheless shit.

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, film noire said:

But the mistake was addressed pretty quickly, so the same dynamic (people interacting and influencing each other) led to the facts being corrected. (If only the news media were as quick to correct as the PTV housewife forums :)

Not to mention, at one point Erika was indeed wearing white pants. I thought it was a white flowing skirt with black abstract print that she had changed into, and was wearing outside in the evening. Another poster said she thought it was white pants with a multi coloured print. 

5 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

Honestly I do not envy her life.

I can honestly say I do not envy the life of any HW (on any franchise that I watch), Erika included. Quite often I am laughing at them, not with them. While I like many of them, there is not one HW I would change places with. I assume I am not alone? 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, zulualpha said:

What are these cancelled events of the day of which you speak?  Beach volleyball, water polo, a wienie roast?  I think the events of the day would have been a blur of cats rolling around in the sand trying to kill each other hair extensions a flyin'.  The day was off to a bad start and it was going to be all down hill from there.

I rewatched parts of the episode and Teddi mentioned how she had had big plans for the day (sorry, I forget what they were, but yeah, along the lines of a weenie roast and beach volleyball! -- beach house stuff), that she cancelled because she (rightly or wrongly) just didn't feel like it anymore. 

Interestingly, no one found that weird.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, imjagain said:

I wonder, how much Erika getting pissed about the weird conversation, was that she worried that Tom will think she snuck off with another man. I know that sounds crazy, but last season's panty gate made think she didn't want Tom to think she was coming on to PK. Idk it's all very "weird" lol, sorry had add another weird, just to make myself laugh. For the record I don't think it's strange she stayed at a hotel. I do think it would have been better to give the heads up just to Teddi just to be polite.  I personally would not of gone anywhere if I had been dealing with what Erika described,  I'd kept my ass at home.

Dorit is a shit string monster, can't stand her.

I don't think she was worried about Tom, otherwise she would have told Teddi why she was leaving, not just left.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Jel said:

I rewatched parts of the episode and Teddi mentioned how she had had big plans for the day (sorry, I forget what they were, but yeah, along the lines of a weenie roast and beach volleyball! -- beach house stuff), that she cancelled because she (rightly or wrongly) just didn't feel like it anymore. 

Interestingly, no one found that weird.  

I thought Kyle was the one to suggest it and then Teddi said soemthing like that might be best. After everything that transpired that morning, they all seemed pretty happy to wrap things up and call it a day. And I'm sure Erika, who was in too much pain to have a few drinks and far too much pain for a workout, certainly wasn't about to join in the biking/surfing/beach volleyball/etc. It would be pretty poor etiquette to marginalize her once again while everyone else went off on their beach activities.

• Love 9

I see that Erika is still trying to create a cottage industry called Erika the Victim.

Her radar is constantly scanning for the slightest insult, at which she pounces and makes stiff Ice Queen pronouncements (being sure to position her body and face for the best camera angle), and after which she stalks dramatically out of the room.

She has an orgasm every time someone "insults" her, knowing that it means an opportunity to run up the camera time.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 9
On 2/13/2018 at 6:27 PM, annewithaneee said:

It's not weird that a woman going through a shockingly heavy period at an away toilet/bed situation who has the cash and means would opt to spend the night in a hotel. It's weird that several grown women thought that was weird, and obnoxious that Vanderpump minimized it. If you as a now post-menopausal woman has never had a period where you're having to tend to yourself nearly hourly and fear the very-real possibility of leaking through the sheets and into the mattress, thank your lucky fucking stars. It happens. It's not cute to be so dismissive of another woman's experience.

I haven't always been the biggest Erika fan, but she's either getting a good edit or settling into herself this season in a way I identify with. I'm a crass woman who can talk about sex in the abstract all damn day, but I'm uncomfortable discussing my own stuff especially in the company of people I'm not too close with (and TV cameras??? forget about it). And good lord, when she instinctively recoiled from Teddi's touch. Been. There. She should've just explained that it wasn't anything personal and she's uncomfortable with soothing touches in certain circumstances, but she was probably too in the moment and realizing that now her heavy-ass period was very likely going to make it to air thanks to all the fussing over it and many women deciding to somehow make it about them.

I didn't think it was weird she went.  I know also an extremely heavy period can upset your stomach as well.  What I found strange is she didn't pull Teddi aside and say look, I am not feeling well, I gotta go but I will be back in the am.  I don't think it needed to be a thing with the other ladies nor did it need to be a discussion or story.  If I am not feeling well I want to be by myself.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:18 PM, sol y luna said:

If Eric**t was having such an issue with a heavy period, she should have stayed home. Instead, she had to make it all about her. So typical. She really needs to get over herself.

Maybe she should have stayed home, I may have.  But she didn't make it a thing, the other ladies did.  

• Love 6
On 2/14/2018 at 9:36 AM, Jel said:

She had several choices. Off the top of my head I see a few:

If she wanted to stay with the "honesty" theme, she could have acknowledged saying it then apologized for discussing it with the others and not directly with Erika, thereby copping to what any viewer of the show knows is a but of a hot button issue.  

She could have said nothing about it at all.

She could have defended her guest (at least in appearance) and said, "Oh well, I understand. She wasn't feeling well."  And just shut the entire conversation down.

THAT is what Teddi should have done.  Be a gracious host and not make your guest feel uncomfortable.  I think both Erika and Teddi could have handled it better.  Erika could have alerted Teddi to her leaving and why and Teddi could have told the other ladies to pipe down, Erika wasn't feeling well.

I used to take meds that gave me the flu every week (MS injections).  My dad's bitch of a gf used to give me such shit that I didn't want to work 40-50 hours, travel over 2 hours one way,  and spend my only two days off being really sick in a strange bed unable to visit anyway.  I also at times traveled to see them only to not feel well and have to leave.  I do NOT like being anywhere but home (or at least alone) when I am under the weather and I get REALLY cranky about it when people try to change my mind.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Circumstances changed, so Teddi made a decision to change the agenda for the day in turn. It happens. 

But then it's just as possible that circumstances changed for Erika over the course of the previous day and she subsequently altered plans to stay at the beach house.

The premise that Erika's abrupt departure with Mikey constitutes a smoking gun proving she never planned to overnight at the beach is no more logical than the idea that Teddi abruptly "calling it a day" somehow illustrates that she never intended to have the women stay past the morning. Erika could have easily shot Mikey a text asking him to book a room as her physical condition worsened. 

When Erika was got defensive and curt toward Kyle/Teddi and then stomped off, all I could think of was her season six declaration that she would "never go into someone's home and act like an ass." Because she's done that at least twice now (shushing Kathryn in her own abode being the other occasion). 

But Teddi blithely declaring the behavior of one of her guests "weird" was bad hostessing.

I don't think Mikey is Erika's assistant-I think it is a young woman. 

I obviously have a problem with the word weird.  Recent descriptions of the Florida shooter from his contemporaries is "weird", he acted weird.  Please Teddi define what is weird.  Does she mean rude?  Her blog indicates she thought Erika was an opportunist for continuing to film and split when the cameras went down.  I don't think 'rude" describes the behavior.  Again I agree with Rinna, what was "weird" is the way the women reacted.  Erika told her she was offended by the connotation "weird" Teddi saying if you can't tell someone it was weird there is something wrong.  Grow a vocabulary Teddi.  The carrying on about Erika rejecting her, while all the while, calling her behavior weird was so unacceptable

According to Kyle they had no desire for the conversation to get back to Erika because it was petty.  It wasn't as if these women were expressing concern for Erika's condition, which most of them knew about.  They were following Teddi's lead about how Erika had "psyched" them out by leaving. I question how clueless or how many Whole Foods bags Teddi is folding that she never seems to hear the conversation as to Erika's cramping  Erika certainly let it be known the next morning.   I believe Teddi doesn't listen when the narrative doesn't suit her pre-conceived notion of what is going on. 

Although most cheer over Camille hammering Dorit, the tattletale moniker directed at Dorit caused Erika as much concern as anything.  I find Camille a little annoying as she always seems to being posing during her big scenes.  Camille created unnecessary cross-fire.  Kyle had already tried to calm the waters with her BS-"we just missed you."  But no, there was Teddi and Camille contradicting Kyle to get at Dorit.

The worst hostessing was canceling the day's events because Teddi the one who kept pushing weird couldn't understand why Erika rejected her all the while demanding Erika accepting the weird label.  Teddi then continued the narrative in NYC. I do believe Teddi was the one who called LVP condescending. Look in the mirror Teddi.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Things only have to be posted a couple of times before they become "boards true".  Often times the original poster isn't even being serious, they are making a joke or using hyperbole, sometimes they are simply asking a question, but it just seems to take off.  

• Love 5
On 2/14/2018 at 11:40 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

He didn't look distressed to me.  I think he's just one of those dogs that has a tongue that doesn't always stay in its mouth.  I grew up with one that was always getting her tongue stuck to the carpet when she was asleep and it cracked my 5 year old self up every single time.  

BWAHHH!

I think it was flowing pants and the abstract print was black, red, and light apricot or taupe.  Maybe she decided any leaks would be camouflaged (I kid!).   

Whenever I've got a crime scene going on I think "Damn, Drake must have murdered my vagina."  I know it isn't what Amanda Bynes meant, but oh well.

Its been a few years since I had to deal with a period (WOOHOO!) but I remember on really painful days I would wear the loosest stuff I could because any pressure on my stomach hurt like hell.  That outfit seemed good to alleviate that issue.  I never dealt with bleeding through clothes or on beds or anything so hats off to you ladies that have.  Sounds AWFUL!

• Love 1
On 2/15/2018 at 12:21 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

It can take over 2 hours with traffic.  I've had it take almost 3 on one recent miserable Sunday.  Late at night it's not that much over an hour.  Of course it matters where in LA you're coming from.  I'm close-ish to the freeway.  

I don't know if Erika's assistant lives in LA or Pasadena where she lives.  It looks like it is just under 2 hours from Pasadena to Dana Point.  Not sure if that is with traffic.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Its been a few years since I had to deal with a period (WOOHOO!) but I remember on really painful days I would wear the loosest stuff I could because any pressure on my stomach hurt like hell.  That outfit seemed good to alleviate that issue.  I never dealt with bleeding through clothes or on beds or anything so hats off to you ladies that have.  Sounds AWFUL!

Oh, I get the flowing clothing thing.  As someone who had horribly painful and heavy periods due to fibriods (the gushing kind of periods where I could bleed through a heavy duty tampon and double pads in an instant). My point was that people said Erika was not wearing white, when in fact she was at some point during the evening. I can't say I ever wore white when I had the fibroids, it was stressful enough wearing dark colours and wondering if I was bleeding through. The last few weeks before my hysterectomy I was in meetings that were hours long, and it was extremely stressful and hard to concentrate, not knowing if I would bleed through my clothes. TMI? 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, rho said:

It would be pretty poor etiquette to marginalize her once again while everyone else went off on their beach activities.

Exactly. Erika would have accused them of being "insensitive", and blogged even more extensively about how cruel they were to leave her behind (yet another insult for which the housewives must receive payback: "I'LL GET YOU,  MY PETTY MESS -- YOU AND YOUR LITTLE DOGS, TOO!")

But even conceding (for the sake of argument) that Teddi did something that was not appropriate (which I don't agree is true ) in the pantheon of housewifery, I don't see how asking her guests if they want to "call it a day"  is weird  (Aviva throwing her leg is weird, Tre tipping a table is weird, Kim Richards and her -- okay, everything in that case is weird - but this? Not weird to me. Teddi took the temperature of the room, and they were all more than happy to leave).

Edited by film noire
removed housewife acts that, upon consideration, were beyond weird :)
  • Love 12