Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: That Was Weird

• Start Topic

I haven't been a big Erika fan, but I totally get why Erika would rather just slip away than go through goodbyes and hugs and explanations about why she's leaving to sleep at a hotel.  This is supposed to be a casual girls' weekend, so why Teddi (who claims to be so chill) had to join the speculation about it by saying she saw it as "weird" was just uncalled for. 

Honesty is one thing, but Teddi's social stupidity is her own damn fault.  The kindest thing to do for her guest -- regardless of how tactless it was to leave without saying anything -- would have been to throw a little cold water on the topic by saying something like, "I think she must have still been feeling poorly" and leave it at that.

I've sorta been on the fence as to whether or not I like Teddi, and this episode pushed me toward I don't.  You say in your invitation that it's okay if you want to stay at a hotel.  So when one of your guests, who mentions at the beginning in front of everyone that she's feeling a bit under the weather, decides she'd rather sleep at the hotel after all, you don't make gossipy comments to your other guests about it.

Yes, it's clear that Teddi is unaccustomed to entertaining.  And I don't think any one of them turned out to be "high maintenance" guests, either.  Teddi wants to play madame bountiful and show off her beach house but then doesn't have enough sense to rein in her mouth.  I mean, so your other guests are talking about it; doesn't mean you have to join in.  She deserved feeling chastised, and because she was the hostess, her comment was rude.  It ended up making her guest feel bad too (thanks to that bitch Dorit).

And speaking of her beach house, I found her yucky-color busy-pattern kitchen walls hideous and distracting.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, rho said:

So true!! The whole thing felt oddly manufactured and they probably would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for Dorit's poor acting in the morning, dropping MAJOR hints that something was wrong until Erika finally indulged her. I think they just can't have a trip without some drama.

I think that's the best way to put it. It does seem like Erika is forging friendships with some of the other women. But what strikes me as odd is that she NEVER seems to have fun. She is a very serious person which totally contrasts with her "job" as Erika Jayne. Even rehearsing with her gays or when she was packing designer clothes for NYFW, all of it feels like a business transaction. It's hard to tell because she's always dressed like a 6yo who got into mommy's closet but she doesn't ever seem to be enjoying herself very much.

First off, I have to say with great amusement that never in my life would I expect the better part of an episode, along with the better part of 12 pages of a forum, devoted to one woman's menstrual period. It's kind of hilarious. If I were Erika, I'd be pretty embarrassed by all the attention to it, although I would be loathe to even bring it up on camera to begin with. I'd might say I was feeling sick and leave it at that. One of many reasons I would not fit on reality tv, I guess.

I certainly understand why Erika is off-putting to many, and your point about her never seeming to have fun resonates with me. She is very business-like. I go back to her conversations with her mom where they both talk about her mom not being very affectionate, being pretty hard on her, and making her work for her things from an early age. If her earliest relationship had a business-like quality to it, it makes sense that she's still that way. She may feel like the rug could be pulled out from her at any time, so keeps thing as focused on the business as possible. I think she is likely still that child on the inside, wanting love, but being afraid she won't get it. Anytime someone offends her even a little bit she is reminded of that and moves to reject them first, as played out with her and Teddy in the kitchen. Oh you're sorry? Too late. 

I have friends similar to Erika, and they're not everyone's cup of tea. You have to be okay with letting them come to you and not putting too much emotion into early interactions. Kind of like a cat. :) You kind of have to prove yourself with them first, and if they perceive you as too needy, forget it. I totally understand why someone would not like or want that in a friendship. 

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I haven't been a big Erika fan, but I totally get why Erika would rather just slip away than go through goodbyes and hugs and explanations about why she's leaving to sleep at a hotel.  This is supposed to be a casual girls' weekend, so why Teddi (who claims to be so chill) had to join the speculation about it by saying she saw it as "weird" was just uncalled for. 

Honesty is one thing, but Teddi's social stupidity is her own damn fault.  The kindest thing to do for her guest -- regardless of how tactless it was to leave without saying anything -- would have been to throw a little cold water on the topic by saying something like, "I think she must have still been feeling poorly" and leave it at that.

I've sorta been on the fence as to whether or not I like Teddi, and this episode pushed me toward I don't.  You say in your invitation that it's okay if you want to stay at a hotel.  So when one of your guests, who mentions at the beginning in front of everyone that she's feeling a bit under the weather, decides she'd rather sleep at the hotel after all, you don't make gossipy comments to your other guests about it.

Yes, it's clear that Teddi is unaccustomed to entertaining.  And I don't think any one of them turned out to be "high maintenance" guests, either.  Teddi wants to play madame bountiful and show off her beach house but then doesn't have enough sense to rein in her mouth.  I mean, so your other guests are talking about it; doesn't mean you have to join in.  She deserved feeling chastised, and because she was the hostess, her comment was rude.  It ended up making her guest feel bad too (thanks to that bitch Dorit).

And speaking of her beach house, I found her yucky-color busy-pattern kitchen walls hideous and distracting.

Love your post, Anne Thrax.  That's what's bugging me about Teddi -- she says she's cool, just wants everyone to be happy (admirable goal) and makes the event a "refreshingly casual" (so un-Beverly Hills!) pot luck, so maybe her guest drew the conclusion that she is as she says she is -- casual, unfussy, not caring about stuff like formalities.   With all Teddi's easy breezy talk, I think Erika may have assumed she was going to be easy breezy about her just slipping out (we call that the Irish exit).  Given that Teddi talks a lot about how she's relaxed and easy going and not into stemware, etc., going so far as to make jokes at someone else's expense about it, I can completely understand why Erika would draw that conclusion (if that's what she did).

Ironically, that putting out one message but expecting people to know that's not actually what you are is the same problem I had with Erika the first year. Teddi's "I'm chill" persona is doubly confusing to me because she doesn't even have an alter ego.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, film noire said:

Sorry I misunderstood -- if not her fellow cast members, who were you referring to as burning Erika at the stake and spitting on her? 

(@walnutqueen - Frances Conroy made a meal out of that one name -- so good.)

I'd only be the one providing the Bic lighter.  Hell, I'd probably bring lawn chairs, weinies & marshmallows.  ;-)

(come sit next to me by the fire, @film noire?)

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Has her husband known her long enough to become more than a business associate? She is robotic with him as well. She takes herself way to seriously and she is no fun at all as far as I can tell. 

I'm not going to pretend I had any idea what's going on in that marriage. But keeping it pleasant and business-like keeps things the way they are, which is her in comfortable wealth. Mr. Girardi doesn't seem like someone who would have much time or tolerance of messy emotions. Perhaps Erika thinks if she keeps it that way, without much emotion, she won't get hurt and he won't leave her penniless. Who knows? Certainly not a way I'd want to live, but she made her deal. I think she sees people as unreliable and messy, where money and material things are not.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, candle96 said:

I certainly understand why Erika is off-putting to many, and your point about her never seeming to have fun resonates with me. She is very business-like. I go back to her conversations with her mom where they both talk about her mom not being very affectionate, being pretty hard on her, and making her work for her things from an early age. If her earliest relationship had a business-like quality to it, it makes sense that she's still that way. She may feel like the rug could be pulled out from her at any time, so keeps thing as focused on the business as possible. I think she is likely still that child on the inside, wanting love, but being afraid she won't get it. Anytime someone offends her even a little bit she is reminded of that and moves to reject them first, as played out with her and Teddy in the kitchen. Oh you're sorry? Too late. 

I have friends similar to Erika, and they're not everyone's cup of tea. You have to be okay with letting them come to you and not putting too much emotion into early interactions. Kind of like a cat. :) You kind of have to prove yourself with them first, and if they perceive you as too needy, forget it. I totally understand why someone would not like or want that in a friendship. 

To clarify, I don't think there is anything wrong with being a serious person. I've worked with many and I've actually been surprised by how many performers (both more and less famous than Erika Jayne) have virtually no sense of humour and are business all the time. And then miraculously on stage someone entirely different comes out. I think her feelings and demeanor are very valid, especially based on the tiny tidbits we get of her upbringing.

That said, it doesn't make great television. She's on a reality show and by being so guarded, she comes off as disingenuous. I think if Rinna, with her TMI and incontinence ads, abruptly left complaining about PMS it would get totally glossed over. But because Erika has a history of being cagey I can see how there could have been come confusion about the intent to stay over or not.

And again, it really wasn't THAT big of a deal until Dorit snitched on the others and blew the whole thing out of proportion. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, candle96 said:

If I were Erika, I'd be pretty embarrassed by all the attention to it, although I would be loathe to even bring it up on camera to begin with.

Thing is, she's the one that brought up her menstrual woes, so she didn't seem embarrassed by it, then it was her that encouraged Dorit to tell Lisa R. the whole story when they met up at the restaurant.  At that point I was ready for them all to shut up about it!  It shouldn't have been such a big deal, but thanks to Dorit, it was.

3 hours ago, candle96 said:

So true with your analogy about people and cats!  I adore cats, and I think that most people who don't like them just don't understand them.  I've thought the same thing about Erika.  You've got to let her come to you!  Don't be too pushy.  Let her get to know you first.  I guess with this franchise though, people are thrown together so there's not much chance to take it slow.  It's kind of sink or swim thing when being on a Housewives show.  

• Love 4

So if Erika is a cat, Dorito must be........... a mosquito?  She's annoying as hell, always buzzing around and generally being a PEST.  Used to kind of like her last year but this year, I find her insufferable.  She needs to put on one of her swimsuit creations and SWIM THE F*** AWAY!!

• Love 22
9 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I'd only be the one providing the Bic lighter.  Hell, I'd probably bring lawn chairs, weinies & marshmallows.  ;-)

(come sit next to me by the fire, @film noire?)

Honoured by the invite, Walnut Queen (I'll bring the cheap vodka this time ;)

You say in your invitation that it's okay if you want to stay at a hotel.  So when one of your guests, who mentions at the beginning in front of everyone that she's feeling a bit under the weather, decides she'd rather sleep at the hotel after all, you don't make gossipy comments to your other guests about it.

I think that's why Erika's duplicitousness seemed so weird -- precisely because Teddi said stay at a hotel if you want/no problem  - and then Erika pretended to be staying at Teddi's home while simultaneously booking a hotel room. Why not just tell your hostess that, from jump?

It's just basic courtesy to be up front with your host as to what your real plans are. Easy breezy or uptight, no host wants to feel a guest lied to them/blew them off/played games with an invitation to stay in your home.  If Erika had just said she was booking a hotel in case she needed to leave/I might slip out, don't worry about me, none of this would have happened. 

And if Erika had been on the receiving end of her own behavior,  my god, the event would have guaranteed a talking head about how selfish the other women are -- she opened up her home to them and they lied to her, played games, blah blah blah - followed by  a rage-blog targeting Teddi (and all the other women) for payback.  To me, it's pretty clearly a case of "Don't demand from others, as your right, what you yourself won't extend as a courtesy" kind of thing. But mileage varies, etc (especially on the freeway in California :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
39 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

So if Erika is a cat, Dorito must be........... a mosquito?  She's annoying as hell, always buzzing around and generally being a PEST.  Used to kind of like her last year but this year, I find her insufferable.  She needs to put on one of her swimsuit creations and SWIM THE F*** AWAY!!

I wish I could heart this a million times. Dorit is

giphy.gif

Edited by rho
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, sol y luna said:

Erika doesn't give a f**k about anything or anyone. Everything is all about her. She's SO self-absorbed.

I re-watcehd the episode and came to the same conclusion. I suspect not staying was already on Erika's mind and mentioning that she was having cramps to the others was her out.  I've changed my feelings about how the others handled it though--they should have just ignored it. It's Erika. She probably expected a reaction and even though I've been Team Teddi this season, if it wasn't a huge deal to Teddi, why did she keep saying stuff about it? Shut it down. The last thing Erika needs is more drama ammo in her corner. 

Edited to add: I suspect this about Erika because I was once like Erika. World revolved around me, everyone's jealous and they're looking for reasons to dislike me. Instead of being honest, I'd find ways for an "out", just like she did. I think she's really vulnerable but plays the ice queen role and it's not doing her any favors. Erika had a chance early on,  but she just pushes people away and only maintains friendships that benefit--you guessed it--her. Once day she'll realize she needs friends and she won't have many real ones.

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 12

When Erika kept asking, "Who? Who was mad that I left?" Dorit said, "Kyle." When Kyle asked her in the car, if Dorit singled her out, Dorit denied it. When I look at Dorit's face, she doesn't look like she's lying. She looks like she really doesn't remember singling her out. So maybe she's just stupid or just can't remember anything.  Probably because she talks so much, it's difficult to remember everything she said.

• Love 10

I sympathize with Erika’s plight.  Been there and get wanting to crawl into a fetal position with a heating pad letting misery take me. 

My main annoyance with her is via Dorit.  Dorit clearly spun the yarn in a way that indicated the talking about her was malicious (“they were mad you left”). Dorit is behaving like Iago, whispering lies and half truths  hmmm Dorigo   I like it  

Poor Kyle and Teddy just came in from a workout and are ambushed.  Kyle handled it more articulately but Teddy was more honest.  The use of weird was a true reaction saying, no one was angry or upset.  A better word she could have used was, confused. Confused as to why you took a room but then left without an explanation.  

As for why the women were not more kind and understanding by simply not talking about it? IIRC alcohol was involved so no one is using her best judgment...and even then the conversation seemed harmless (aside from not having a conversation at all). 

And even in that morning moment, I could understand why Erica was defensive hearing Dorigo’s version of events...and probably still in the grips of a painful and uncomfortable monthly cycle.  Again, I recall how short my temper was when I was in the throes of the flows.  

However, she posted her blog AFTER watching it. And it seemed she is still not giving these ladies the benefit of the doubt.  That is diva behavior. Do not act as though you haven’t spoken about others in their absence, my dear.  Glass houses and all that.  ...or glass stemware.   

Edited by English Teacher
Autocorrect
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

When Erika kept asking, "Who? Who was mad that I left?" Dorit said, "Kyle." When Kyle asked her in the car, if Dorit singled her out, Dorit denied it. When I look at Dorit's face, she doesn't look like she's lying. She looks like she really doesn't remember singling her out. So maybe she's just stupid or just can't remember anything.  Probably because she talks so much, it's difficult to remember everything she said.

She's taking over Rinna's place as "forgetting" what she said about someone. 

• Love 8

I don't think Teddi likes Ericka at all, and I think Teddi is nervous around her, which makes her dislike her more. I do not think that Ericka gives a shit about Teddi, or what Teddi thinks, feels, etc., and when Teddi tried to what she calls "comfort" her, and Ericka brushed her away, I think that was really a clear that Ericka does not give two shits about her. I don't want sympathy from people that I don't care about. Teddi is embarrassed because she showed concern for Ericka, and Ericka did not return it. It's like when you are dating, and the guy you are dating is truly fine with you dating other people, but you really want him to care. But he just doesn't. You act like you don't care either, but inside you are dying for him to care about you. But he doesn't and never will.

Ericka is just hanging out with Teddi because she has to. And I do think Ericka finds Teddi completely insignificant and not worth knowing. Where with the other ladies, they have more interest to her, (though not much). Ericka also, it seems, grew up with little love and was never given any attention. Now she tries to impress everyone with her clothes, hair, make-up, so people will like her. And in all honesty, even with all the make-up and plastic surgery, she's not a great beauty. She's a fairly average looking woman who is trying to pretend she's a fashion model turned pop-star. There may be more to her, but on the show she seems like someone that only cares about money, and having expensive things. She also seems to look down on people who don't admire and worship and want to be her, because that's how she feels valued. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 8
On 2/14/2018 at 4:56 AM, Beachdreamer said:

I don't think it was so she could be with her glam squad.  She looked lovely the next morning, so I have to assume that they weren't there.

This. Her "glam squad" is expendable. Too bad she doesn't know it. She looked lovely.

18 hours ago, film noire said:

Nah, not really: )

All Queen Cunty had to do was be polite and let her hostess know that she'd already sent her assistant to book a hotel room & likely would not be staying, due to being unwell and (as Teddi mentioned in her blog post) any potential hijinx coming after midnight - easy, honest and direct -- and so simple. No need for St Erika of the Pigtails to appear -- damned no matter what and burned at the stake unfairly! --  just an up front admission of her already-made plans. 

leslie H.gif

LOVE the name you gave to Erika - it's SO fitting!!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Or she did too much blow and booze that evening.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't think Teddi likes Ericka at all, and I think Teddi is nervous around her, which makes her dislike her more. I do not think that Ericka gives a shit about Teddi, or what Teddi thinks, feels, etc., and when Teddi tried to what she calls "comfort" her, and Ericka brushed her away, I think that was really a clear that Ericka does not give two shits about her. I don't want sympathy from people that I don't care about. Teddi is embarrassed because she showed concern for Ericka, and Ericka did not return it. It's like when you are dating, and the guy you are dating is truly fine with you dating other people, but you really want him to care. But he just doesn't. You act like you don't care either, but inside you are dying for him to care about you. But he doesn't and never will.

Ericka is just hanging out with Teddi because she has to. And I do think Ericka finds Teddi completely insignificant and not worth knowing. Where with the other ladies, they have more interest to her, (though not much).

Erika is the one not worth knowing and insignificant. Of course, Erika doesn't give a shit about Teddi, who is a lot more attractive and has a better figure than Queen Cunty, who doesn't give a shit about anyone other than her pathetic self. She's trailer trash, married to an homely, old fart s**m b*g lawyer.

Edited by sol y luna
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Erika's house was done to reflect the era of the home when it was built.  http://pasadenamag.com/keepin-it-real/

The designer she used is called the "Billionaire Whisperer".  So when we see hand painted tile in Erika's kitchen it has more to do with pick something that would have been around at the time the house was built.  I don't see Erika and her designer going with the quartz countertops with a waterfall edge anytime soon.

Thanks for sharing that Zoeysmom!

I really like the 20's era architecture and style, but for some reason it doesn't seem to suit Erika's personality.

A lot of nice touches but can someone please explain to me the little stuffed lamb? 

I also would like to fix up those bookshelves just a bit.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I really like the 20's era architecture and style, but for some reason it doesn't seem to suit Erika's personality.

A lot of nice touches but can someone please explain to me the little stuffed goat or whatever creature that is? 

That is not period finishing . That is classic 1980s, Caddyshack country club member décor not authentic 1920s  period décor.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m getting my Housewives peanut butter in my Big Brother chocolate, but man... Dorit would really tear stuff up in a Celebrity Big Brother, would she not? A disingenuous but apparently forgetful (?) motormouth who’s playing all her alliances. Sign her up!

(Not that you are necessarily a BB watcher, Hoodooznoodooz... but I see some familiar names in that forum and your comment about someone who talks so much reminded me of houseguest Marissa, who almost literally never stops talking, and of course dear Brandi as houseguest this season as well.)

In any case, I can’t help but think that Dorit is playing dumb. Or she’s so used to pulling stuff like that, that she legitimately can’t remember who she pooped on last.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 3

Apparently not.

Mileage varies and all that. Vroom vroom!

I don't think Teddi likes Ericka at all, and I think Teddi is nervous around her, which makes her dislike her more.

I don't they've really gotten a chance to know each other, the way Teddi has with Kyle and a few of the others.

I do not think that Ericka gives a shit about Teddi, or what Teddi thinks, feels, etc., and when Teddi tried to what she calls "comfort" her, and Ericka brushed her away, I think that was really a clear that Ericka does not give two shits about her.

I wouldn't go that far. She did apologize before she left Teddi's on the second day.

erika-thanks-teddi-for-the-night-at-the-

• Love 1

Ericka is just hanging out with Teddi because she has to.

Well, it is a HWs show...these women are all getting paid to hang out with each other. Some become friends, some don't.

I can’t help but think that Dorit is playing dumb

I think she is playing too.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I’m getting my Housewives peanut butter in my Big Brother chocolate, but man... Dorit would really tear stuff up in a Celebrity Big Brother, would she not? A disingenuous but apparently forgetful (?) motormouth who’s playing all her alliances. Sign her up!

(Not that you are necessarily a BB watcher, Hoodooznoodooz... but I see some familiar names in that forum and your comment about someone who talks so much reminded me of houseguest Marissa, who almost literally never stops talking, and of course dear Brandi as houseguest this season as well.)

In any case, I can’t help but think that Dorit is playing dumb. Or she’s so used to pulling stuff like that, that she legitimately can’t remember who she pooped on last.

So funny! I watched maybe 5 seasons of BB then stopped. Three days ago I watched CBB on demand. I have viewed about 4 episodes. Marissa does talk a lot!!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think this is true. I think she just really does not think about what she says. She is not concerned about how it impacts others. Shit just flies out of her mouth and she's on to the next thing. Sometimes I think she is legit lying and playing stupid, but often I think she is just so vacuous she doesn't know WHAT she said. 

• Love 6
On 2/17/2018 at 8:04 AM, BBHN said:

She seemed like she was having fun in Vegas when gambling with Teddi and Dorit.

Erika also had a lot of fun driving a jet ski, a fast car and coaching Dorit with Boy George.  Erika has been quite vocal over her disdain of the silly back and forth between the women.  I think it makes her smarter not less than.  I can't imagine thinking fun is getting a wedgie, motor boating  or giving a lap dance to someone.  This all happened two hours after Erika left.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

A lot of nice touches but can someone please explain to me the little stuffed lamb? 

It is a baby lamb who died of natural causes.  Erika's home is perfection for the look she was going for-with maybe the exception of her over sized portraits. It may seem museum like to some but I just see a total attention to detail in a marvelous estate.  I follow her designer and I just love the way she restored the home to its previous glory.   The dining room with the fireside chairs was just superb.   OMG now I sound like an Erika fan girl!!  I just can't find fault, well maybe a second one she  didn't need the scene on the pantry cabinet.  For the most part LVP, Dorit and Kyle also have nicely appointed homes.  Erika's though is a stunner.

As to Erika's personality I see the total picture with the amazing grounds.  It just seemed to me she and Tom had an agreement as to what they wanted.  I get the impression Erika is a little more refined than she is given credit.  I would have been disappointed if Erika had turned a treasured property into a transitional flip.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

52 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It is a baby lamb who died of natural causes

Nothing says classless like a stuffed baby lamb - "natural causes" or not.

I love you @walnutqueen, but that is your opinion, and personally I disagree. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:
29 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

As is your right. I just think stuffed animals as decor is unsettling. Natural causes or not.

Of course. I have a few “stuffed animals” in my home and it was compared to a museum by my daughter’s MIL when she came to visit. Maybe I watched too much Adams Family when I was a kid. However, I do have a problem when I see a trophy wall of animal heads from senseless hunters. I don’t condone trophy hunting.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

"A girl's gotta have her standards".   (TM Real Genius)

Well, of course!

If only Dorito could be so congenial. 

Edited by AntAnn
Just bc
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I can't imagine thinking fun is getting a wedgie, motor boating  or giving a lap dance to someone.

That's not my thing either, but for Erika - someone who is on stage half-naked patting her puss, I wouldn't think this would be a big deal. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, sol y luna said:

Erika is the one not worth knowing and insignificant. Of course, Erika doesn't give a shit about Teddi, who is a lot more attractive and has a better figure than Queen Cunty, who doesn't give a shit about anyone other than her pathetic self. She's trailer trash, married to an homely, old fart s**m b*g lawyer.

I guess that's why Erika really doesn't get to me too much. At the end of the day, she's pretty basic. (Maybe that explains her bond with Pumpkin Spice Kyle.) Her whole look is pretty much a slightly more upscale version of Clare's Boutique and her music is automated and canned. She had her run trying to elevate herself with the Fancy European Yolanda, but Yo exited stage left so now she's hanging with the much more down to earth Rinna and....Dorit????  How she thinks she can pull off the diva act when she wears a tacky candy "cunty" necklace and flaming pink eyeshadow confuses me, but....she's really not all that. I wonder if she's in on her own joke. I dig her. I ...get her. 

8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It is a baby lamb who died of natural causes.  Erika's home is perfection for the look she was going for-with maybe the exception of her over sized portraits. It may seem museum like to some but I just see a total attention to detail in a marvelous estate.  I follow her designer and I just love the way she restored the home to its previous glory.   The dining room with the fireside chairs was just superb.   OMG now I sound like an Erika fan girl!!  I just can't find fault, well maybe a second one she  didn't need the scene on the pantry cabinet.  For the most part LVP, Dorit and Kyle also have nicely appointed homes.  Erika's though is a stunner.

As to Erika's personality I see the total picture with the amazing grounds.  It just seemed to me she and Tom had an agreement as to what they wanted.  I get the impression Erika is a little more refined than she is given credit.  I would have been disappointed if Erika had turned a treasured property into a transitional flip.

I love the architecture that was done.  I love older homes with 'history'.  I'm not so sure about the decoration.  Maybe it was in fashion at the time but I'm not into the 'animals'.  I love doing the tours of the mansions of Newport, RI.  I've done some of the homes multiple times. 

• Love 7
On 2/17/2018 at 1:16 PM, film noire said:

Honoured by the invite, Walnut Queen (I'll bring the cheap vodka this time ;)

You had me at cheap vodka.

But then you spell "honoured" with a "u" and I am in lurve all over again.  Much as I adore the SoCal climate, I just cannot quit the Canadian spelling, eh ...  ;-)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

You had me at cheap vodka. But then you spell "honoured" with a "u" and I am in lurve all over again.  Much as I adore the SoCal climate, I just cannot quit the Canadian spelling, eh ...  ;-)

Let our freak (maple leaf) flag fly! ; )

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:16 PM, bravofan27 said:

Ericka is just hanging out with Teddi because she has to. And I do think Ericka finds Teddi completely insignificant and not worth knowing. Where with the other ladies, they have more interest to her, (though not much). Ericka also, it seems, grew up with little love and was never given any attention. Now she tries to impress everyone with her clothes, hair, make-up, so people will like her. And in all honesty, even with all the make-up and plastic surgery, she's not a great beauty. She's a fairly average looking woman who is trying to pretend she's a fashion model turned pop-star. There may be more to her, but on the show she seems like someone that only cares about money, and having expensive things. She also seems to look down on people who don't admire and worship and want to be her, because that's how she feels valued. 

Teddi seems off to me in ways I don't really understand.  I am wondering if it's something about her being an accountability coach, and possibly trying NOT to "be" that in her personal life?

But I disagree on Erika not giving a shit about Teddi.  In fact, I suspect Erika is jealous of Teddi, as her father has a legitimate, serious music career that has spanned decades.  Erika's "career" is a joke that wouldn't exist without repeated infusions of $$ from hubby.   I don't know how close Teddi and John Mellancamp were when she was young, but if they were at all, I'd imagine any conversation about musicians she and Erika know/met/etc. would be hilariously one-sided.  Yeah, it's not Teddi's career, but still.....

• Love 9

im a hotel person, i hate staying with friends...and my friends have beautiful homes in great places.  i tell them i'm a horrible houseguest, but the reality is i just like my own space...if i want to be messy or sleep late it doesn't offend anyone.

they don't mind, if they called me weird i'd probably agree with them. i don't think anyone would be offended...but maybe that's why i only have a few very close friends.

• Love 6