Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: That Was Weird

• Start Topic

I will say last year panty gate was something that later Erica said she didnt want Tom hearing about because it made her sound like she was interested in other men.

I wonder if the spending the night in the hotel upset her because of how it could seem to Tom, hell maybe it wasn't her assistant and she was scared that was what the women were insinuating. Even though it wasnt.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Oh poor, thirsty Dorit. 

Poor, poor, thirsty Dorit.

She tries to drive a wedge between Kyle and LVP at dinner at Palihouse.

She tries to drive a wedge between Teddie and Ericka at Teddie's own home.

She tries to drive a wedge between Kyle/LVP and the rest of the group at dinner in New York.

She's just so busy trying to carve out a space for herself that she exaggerates, embellishes, creates stories, lies and spreads shit. And then, sits back disingenuously and says, 'Who, me?'

She's trying so hard for the Queen Bee crown, it's hilarious. Can't wait for a good, old-fashioned LVP smackdown. In a true British accent.

Totally on point.  But dang, now I'm craving a wedge salad!  ;) 

3 hours ago, BBHN said:

I do wonder, what is Dorit's endgame in all this.

Yeah I can only think it is to ensure her "Diamond" for next season? 

• Love 6

Yeah I can only think it is to ensure her "Diamond" for next season? 

True, but what is she gaining by ruining (or trying to ruin) LVP and Kyle's friendship? I mean, I can understand is she is trying to fuck around with Rinna and Erika's friendship, but going after LVP and Kyle could have consequences.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, BBHN said:

True, but what is she gaining by ruining (or trying to ruin) LVP and Kyle's friendship? I mean, I can understand is she is trying to fuck around with Rinna and Erika's friendship, but going after LVP and Kyle could have consequences.

Wasn’t LVP the lady who helped Dorit get onto this show to begin with? The phrase going through my head is “biting the hand that feeds you”. 

• Love 9

M

10 hours ago, BBHN said:

I wonder how much of her shenanigans will come back to haunt her at the reunion.

I'm thinking pretty much ALL.   Especially the footage of "late-gate" and "flow-gate" and DOR-it's horrible misrepresenations in both.  I imagine Ericka is NOT going to be all that pleased with the way the situation was conveyed to her vis-a-vis the way it actually went down.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

They all talk about each other behind their backs, including Erika. She needs to get over herself. LOL

Yes, they do, but I am talking about this particular situation, with this particular woman, not all of them.  They know this is something that bothers Erika a lot, so why do it?    

Whether she needs to get over herself or not is beside the point -- they did something that they know really upsets her. It makes me wonder why. Maybe it was the boozing,  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Did anyone watch WWHL with Teddi & Camille?

Camille was a good sport playing the game.

She had to go up to the green screen wearing Ramona Eyes and dance while guessing who appeared next to her. She was hilarious.

I didn't see the episode. but I saw a couple of clips from the after show (I think).  One thing I found interesting -- they played a game with Camille called "Is It Pernicious?" (something like that) in which Andy mentioned  a few incidents from the past and Camille weighted in.  Camille rated Lisa V as pernicious once and then plead the fifth on another, (basically another "pernicious" vote, (and one big, "You're such a fucking liar, Camille!" on that from me)), but on gifting the panties, she rated it is "playful" not pernicious.  I thought that was interesting.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

I didn't see the episode. but I saw a couple of clips from the after show (I think).  One thing I found interesting -- they played a game with Camille called "Is It Pernicious?" (something like that) in which Andy mentioned  a few incidents from the past and Camille weighted in.  Camille rated Lisa V as pernicious once and then plead the fifth on another, (basically another "pernicious" vote, (and one big, "You're such a fucking liar, Camille!" on that from me)), but on gifting the panties, she rated it is "playful" not pernicious.  I thought that was interesting.

The pernicious game is posted on Camille's Thread.

I think she pled the 5th to LVP's asking Rinna why she didn't bring Kyle into it - was it the Yo-Haussen thing?

They were discussing how Camille got slammed on Social Media (mainly Twitter) and she feels bad for Dorit because she is getting hit bad this season.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

The pernicious game is posted on Camille's Thread.

I think she pled the 5th to LVP's asking Rinna why she didn't bring Kyle into it - was it the Yo-Haussen thing?

They were discussing how Camille got slammed on Social Media (mainly Twitter) and she feels bad for Dorit because she is getting hit bad this season.

What did you make of her rating the panties gift as "playful"?  (vs. pernicious)

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

What did you make of her rating the panties gift as "playful"?  (vs. pernicious)

I think it has more to do with how Camille remembers being slammed herself on Social Media. She said she feels bad for Dorit. It's more of I won't add to saying anything negative on Dorit - she's hanging herself without my help.

• Love 5

The episode synopsis said private information about LVP is revealed.

What was private?

Her not getting hugged was revealed by LVP seasons ago when she described her upbringing and how different she went about raising Pandora and Max.

Dorit's jealous comment is Dorit's opinion not private information

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Yes, they do, but I am talking about this particular situation, with this particular woman, not all of them.  They know this is something that bothers Erika a lot, so why do it? 

I think because it's impossible not to. Everyone talks about mutual acquaintances--and plenty of them have claimed that the one thing they hate is when people do it. On this show they're paid to talk about what's going on on the show. You can't not talk about Erika just because she's not in the room. Not to mention I think a lot of people wouldn't even consider this kind of conversation ("that was weird--Erika said she was staying all day and her assistant just showed up and she left!") talking behind the person's back. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Whether she needs to get over herself or not is beside the point -- they did something that they know really upsets her. It makes me wonder why. Maybe it was the boozing,  

For 1, it is their job to talk about each other. Second, it would be natural for a group of friends to talk about another friend that abruptly left the party and no one was upset, angry or said anything nasty about her. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Sorry for the blurry photo but it shows LVP in a most unflattering way. I’m partly ashamed of myself because it’s mean and LVP does look good most of the time, but they have to take the good and the bad of reality tv. 

No problem with you posting that. It’s a rare instance that LVP wouldn’t be aware of how she looks and meets her usual standards of propriety. However, on this episode I did begin to think that she hasn’t been putting that much effort into her image. Usually she is dressed classily and feminine. I’m finding that her choices of late are I’ll fitting and she is missing her usual panache. 

As we know the lawsuit was dropped but I hope this lack of caring about how she looks isn’t a symptom of something else going wrong in her life. (Could it be a weight gain and she’s not yet ready to embrace her new size and buy new duds?)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

While I love to be called a genius, I think Miss Red of Trash Talk TV came up with the Hadidn'ts.

Sorry, Hunter, I'll correct it (and you'll always be a genius, thanks to Peggy ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

No problem with you posting that. It’s a rare instance that LVP wouldn’t be aware of how she looks and meets her usual standards of propriety.

I think after she sees this episode, she will be burning that outfit.

I haven't noticed a weight gain on LVP, though.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I hadnt notice one either, but she does have a fupa.  But she is a gorgeous woman so maybe she is fine with it. She has said she doesn't like working out

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

I think because it's impossible not to. Everyone talks about mutual acquaintances--and plenty of them have claimed that the one thing they hate is when people do it. On this show they're paid to talk about what's going on on the show. You can't not talk about Erika just because she's not in the room. Not to mention I think a lot of people wouldn't even consider this kind of conversation ("that was weird--Erika said she was staying all day and her assistant just showed up and she left!") talking behind the person's back. 

I'm no saint, sistermagpie, but I can say for sure that I never talk about one friend's behavior (weird or otherwise) with another friend.  Mainly because, to me, it feels like that would be starting something. If one of my friends said, "It was weird how x did y", I'd wonder why she brought that up. It seems very middle school to me.  I could definitely see doing it about someone who isn't my friend.  I guess I see it as a mildly hostile act. 

As to your other point, I agree that many people wouldn't think much of a comment like that, except that *I*, a mere viewer, know that Erika is very touchy about being discussed when she isn't there, so that would make me even more careful about saying anything about her to anyone.  The whole thing caused a little side-eyeing for me.

• Love 4

The only thing Teddi has done so far that has really bugged me was in the previous episode and the way she folded the Whole Foods bag.  She just folded it in half.  NO!  Fold it on the existing creases, numbskull.  I hate that!  Other than that, she's cool in my book.

I can't even believe I was on Dorit's side last season.  She's is just terrible and I can't stand her now.  I can't wait til next week when Kyle and Lisa let her have it.

Ah Camille!  My favorite!  LOVED her going at Dorit.  Bitch deserved it.  And when Camille asked Dorit why she told, Erika got real snotty with Camille and said, what does it matter, blah, blah, blah, Camille didn't care.  She didn't miss a beat.  She just went right back at Dorit calling her a tattle tale and saying that wasn't cool.  Ha!  Also loved when Dorit called Camille silly and Camille brushed right by her, standing tall and saying calling her a c*nt was silly.  Girl don't play.  I love her.

Erika is a bitch.  She gets her feelings all hurt and Teddi genuinely apoligizes and Erika is just nasty even making Teddi cry.  When Teddi explains that Erika hurt her feeling Erika is all like, oh well that's me being hurt.  No apology.  She has no compassion.  She doesn't care that she hurt Teddi's feelings but on boy, you better grovel at her feet if you do anything that she doesn't like.  Bitch!  Even when she was leaving Teddi's house and Teddi said again that her feelings were hurt.  Still...nothing!  Absolute nothing from Erika.  She just nodded her head and said ok.  Total bitch.  And at dinner she's saying Erika does whatever Erika wants.  Must be nice.  I wish I could do whatever I wanted but alas, I know we live in a society and being polite and kind and apologizing for hurting someone's feeling even when we don't want to is just the proper thing to do.  Maybe I should take a page from Erika's book.  I'll fly down to Beverly Hills and punch the stuck up, self absorbed bitch right in her over made up face and when she starts bawling I'll just say, Sai does whatever Sai wants to do and punching you in your face is exactly what I wanted to do.  How do you like that?!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

The episode synopsis said private information about LVP is revealed.

What was private?

Her not getting hugged was revealed by LVP seasons ago when she described her upbringing and how different she went about raising Pandora and Max.

Dorit's jealous comment is Dorit's opinion not private information

Exactly my question too!  I waded through all 8 pages just to make sure the question hadn't already been asked and answered before posting.  

I'm assuming it's a reference to Dorit's ramblings about LVP at the end, but that's hardly "private information."  It's just, as you pointed out, Dorit's opinion.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

For 1, it is their job to talk about each other. Second, it would be natural for a group of friends to talk about another friend that abruptly left the party and no one was upset, angry or said anything nasty about her. 

I think any reasonable person would conclude that saying "that behavior was weird" is, at the very least, not a compliment.  Maybe I am overly sensitive, but if I found out that my friends or colleagues said that about something I'd done, I'd feel taken aback by it, and probably a little defensive, as I think Erika feels. Plus, she has a real sore spot about being discussed when she isn't there. We saw that last year, and I don't understand why they wouldn't know that it would bother her. Did they know, did they forget there was a camera there, did they drink too much and slip up?  It's odd to me. I also think if the shoe were on the other foot and the other ladies were getting their buttons pushed, that would be an issue as well.  They couldn't discuss, say, (and just as an example) Kyle's husband's cheating accusations without Kyle getting upset, right?  I just don't see why they are okay with one and not the other. 

I haven't seen their job description, so I don't know what their job is. Does it mention anything about the number of things they are supposed to say about each other?

• Love 4
On 2/14/2018 at 1:30 AM, rho said:

So far I have put up with the Hadidnts popping up in every episode to fill us in on the lack of development in their vacuous lives but I draw the line at the plunger story. I absolutely did NOT need any more confirmation of how inept those girls are and I'm officially sick of the Hamlets stealing away precious time from the real stars of the show: Kyle's pups.

The Hadidnts (love that!) have nothing on the real Hadid girls.  I've been watching Making a Model with Yolanda (don't judge me!  lol), and I couldn't stand Yolanda when she was on RHOBH but her daughters are awesome.  Both Bella and Gigi were on a few episodes of Making a Model.  They are both drop dead gorgeous.  They have fantastic personalities also.  Very kind, personable and very down to Earth which is kind of surprising considering how famous they are.   Nothing like the spoiled Hadidnts.  Like I said I couldn't stand Yolanda on BH but she did something right with those girls.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

As we know the lawsuit was dropped but I hope this lack of caring about how she looks isn’t a symptom of something else going wrong in her life. (Could it be a weight gain and she’s not yet ready to embrace her new size and buy new duds?)

I thought Lisa looked like she gained a bit of weight, but maybe its a sign she isn't feeling that good in general. If she isn't finding the energy to watch her weight, she might not be finding the energy to put together outfits either. But it might be the weight gain is keeping her from wanting to put on clothes, but I think she would still care about putting together her outfits if she was feeling mentally well. I still think she looks great though, but she does seem a little low-energy this season, and her tolerance is down as well. I would never imagine her leaving an active filming session in previous seasons, but she totally took off at that restaurant. When Dorit did her uber exaggerated for-camera dropped mouth staring after the car, I think she was also thinking, "She left while the cameras were here!" like aghast. Like she passed up the opportunity to eat caviar.

Random note: Lisa's "stylist" is Rosa, her maid, who let's be frank, is just there to pack shit. She will say anything looks good. Ericka has a dedicated stylist team. I'm thinking Dorit does it herself, but she wants to make it seem like she has people. She was asking PK for advice on what to wear. Teddi was honest that her nanny helps her out with clothes. We all know Kyle needs a stylist badly, I think she runs her outfits by Porsha. Lisa Rinna does look like she is styled by someone that knows what they are doing, but I'm not sure who it is. She doesn't use it as her story-line. But you never see her process for hair, make-up and clothes, where you see everyone elses. It's weird. 

Lisa's behavior may also seem different, because the other women, it seems anyway, are going over the top with the filming. Everyone is just giving 110% during filming, showing up dressed for the Oscar's and making sure to be extra-emotional, make tons of exaggerated facial expressions, and keep the eyes wide and mouth open like everything is just a huge surprise and shocking. I'm thinking Lisa V is just not feeling like keeping up with it like she maybe used to. And also, it's particularly bad this season. And I believe the Camille and Dorit "thing" is completely made up for the cameras. When Camille was calling her a tattle-tale, Dorit seemed to be just playing along, and almost had a little smirk. It's all starting to look like bad acting, I hope it doesn't get worse. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

Exactly my question too!  I waded through all 8 pages just to make sure the question hadn't already been asked and answered before posting.  

I'm assuming it's a reference to Dorit's ramblings about LVP at the end, but that's hardly "private information."  It's just, as you pointed out, Dorit's opinion.

If you think back to a few weeks ago - all of the teasers to the show was the clip of Dorit gossipping at the dinner. We hear Erika saying, LVP said this to you in private?

I wonder if there is other stuff that comes out in the next episode - the Bravo editors are sneaky like that Sometimes they re-show a scene out of sequence or with more or less of the original conversation.

There must be stuff they didn't air because you wouldn't have those TH shots of Teddi & Lisa Rinna saying oh LVP is not going to be happy about this.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I thought Lisa looked like she gained a bit of weight, but maybe its a sign she isn't feeling that good in general. If she isn't finding the energy to watch her weight, she might not be finding the energy to put together outfits either. But it might be the weight gain is keeping her from wanting to put on clothes, but I think she would still care about putting together her outfits if she was feeling mentally well. I still think she looks great though, but she does seem a little low-energy this season, and her tolerance is down as well. I would never imagine her leaving an active filming session in previous seasons, but she totally took off at that restaurant. When Dorit did her uber exaggerated for-camera dropped mouth staring after the car, I think she was also thinking, "She left while the cameras were here!" like aghast. Like she passed up the opportunity to eat caviar.

Random note: Lisa's "stylist" is Rosa, her maid, who let's be frank, is just there to pack shit. She will say anything looks good. Ericka has a dedicated stylist team. I'm thinking Dorit does it herself, but she wants to make it seem like she has people. She was asking PK for advice on what to wear. Teddi was honest that her nanny helps her out with clothes. We all know Kyle needs a stylist badly, I think she runs her outfits by Porsha. Lisa Rinna does look like she is styled by someone that knows what they are doing, but I'm not sure who it is. She doesn't use it as her story-line. But you never see her process for hair, make-up and clothes, where you see everyone elses. It's weird. 

Lisa's behavior may also seem different, because the other women, it seems anyway, are going over the top with the filming. Everyone is just giving 110% during filming, showing up dressed for the Oscar's and making sure to be extra-emotional, make tons of exaggerated facial expressions, and keep the eyes wide and mouth open like everything is just a huge surprise and shocking. I'm thinking Lisa V is just not feeling like keeping up with it like she maybe used to. And also, it's particularly bad this season. And I believe the Camille and Dorit "thing" is completely made up for the cameras. When Camille was calling her a tattle-tale, Dorit seemed to be just playing along, and almost had a little smirk. It's all starting to look like bad acting, I hope it doesn't get worse. 

I had a similar thought and wondered if they'd end this show like they did The Hills.

• Love 1
Just now, Jel said:

I had a similar thought and wondered if they'd end this show like they did The Hills.

It is totally becoming the Hills. They need to end it or get some new cast members. Dorit and Ericka are just there for the cameras and to become famous. They should leave. To quote Chris Harrison, "They are not there for the right reasons."

Though I have no idea what the right reasons are. Admittedly. Does anyone know the purpose of this show? Just rich people going to parties and arguing? Did the purpose get lost? Because there are no storylines. They can't really have a show about a woman who leaves after filming with her period, and a friend-triangle. Right? 

• Love 5

their

Dorit and Ericka are just there for the cameras and to become famous.

Which makes them different from the others...how, exactly?

Everyone on this and every other HW show is there to promote themselves/their business/their husband's business/their other TV shows/their kids/etc.

Does anyone know the purpose of this show? Just rich people going to parties and arguing?

And travel porn.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Agree!

I don't think she's gained weight - it was an extremely poor choice of the leggings and the various shape wear pieces she wore underneath. It wasn't smoothing her out, it had the opposite eftect.

Like too much sausage stuffed into the casing.

There was a shot of her back and you could see the lines of her shape wear digging into her skin under her leggings creating weird bumps

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Jel said:

I'm no saint, sistermagpie, but I can say for sure that I never talk about one friend's behavior (weird or otherwise) with another friend.  Mainly because, to me, it feels like that would be starting something. If one of my friends said, "It was weird how x did y", I'd wonder why she brought that up. It seems very middle school to me.  I could definitely see doing it about someone who isn't my friend.  I guess I see it as a mildly hostile act. 

Okay, but leaving aside how people talk IRL, this particular show is all about a small group of people where something happens and they're supposed to talk about it with each other. Erika does it herself, obviously, so it's just silly for her to think that because she doesn't like it done about her that it's going to stop. Even if they weren't talking to each other they're literally interviewed about their feelings about whatever just happened--including Erika. The women nobody talk about usually get dropped.

I just assume it's natural that people talk with their friends about things in their life. It seems unavoidable to me. If I was the target of Erika's ridiculous "Don't talk about children dying!" rant you can bet I'd be telling plenty of people about it and wouldn't care what Erika thought about it. But I might also say if somebody hurt my feelings or if I thought somebody was taking advantage of me or I might repeat a story where the person was funny or whatever. I can't believe Erika doesn't want people talking about her in a good way. If the idea is that she doesn't think anybody should get to say something she doesn't like well, join the club there, Erika, but it's not going to happen.

And in this situation it's important to remember that the main issue isn't that the women slipped up by doing something Erika wouldn't like, but that Dorit intentionally Dorit mischaracterized the conversation to start a fight. I don't think it became a storyline because Erika doesn't like people talking about her, but because she recognized a chance for a storyline when she saw it dangled before her and picked up her cue.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, BBHN said:

their

Dorit and Ericka are just there for the cameras and to become famous.

Nope. Totally correct use of the word there. I'm using "there" as a place. Like they are "there" in front of the cameras to get famous. I think it's super clear that "there" was used correctly. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 9

I was not correcting your use of the word their/there. Please go back and reread what I wrote. I was correcting your assumption that Dorit and Ericka were the only ones there just for the cameras and/or becoming famous.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

I was not correcting your use of the word their/there. Please go back and reread what I wrote. I was correcting your assumption that Dorit and Ericka were the only ones there just for the cameras and/or becoming famous.

You (incorrectly) tried to correct my use of the word there AND "corrected" my assumptions. Totally fine to have a different perspective on assumptions, but I definitely used the word there correctly and you put the word "Their" on a separate line away from your other comments. But it's okay, people get confused on the correct spelling of their all the time. It's not just you. Teddi does it too. lol

• Love 5
1 minute ago, bravofan27 said:

But it's okay, people get confused on the correct spelling of their all the time. It's not just you. Teddi does it too. lol

They're (SEE WHAT I DID? VISIBLE FROM MARS!) all confused about something ;)

• Love 8

No, I know the difference between there and their. Again, go back and re-read what I wrote. And what you wrote.

You: Dorit and Ericka are just there for the cameras and to become famous.

Me: Everyone on this and every other HW show is there to promote themselves/their business/their husband's business/their other TV shows/their kids/etc.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

No, I wasn't. Again, go back and re-read what I wrote. And what you wrote.

You: Dorit and Ericka are just there for the cameras and to become famous.

Me: Everyone on this and every other HW show is there to promote themselves/their business/their husband's business/their other TV shows/their kids/etc.

I'm referring to the "THEIR" that you wrote alone on the top line. Which you have yet to explain why you typed that there. Probably because you don't have an explanation now that you realize I correctly used the word there. It's okay. All these posts are going to get deleted soon by the mod anyway. 

• Love 5

The top line I wrote was:

"Which makes them different from the others...how, exactly?"

The "their" you are referring to is obviously a typo, because why would I type the world alone and not have it related to anything else I said in the post?

In any case, all the HWs are famewhores trying to promote something. Not just Dorit and Erika.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2