Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: That Was Weird

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I agree Teddi is self aware . She so fitness accountable that even she has a trainer ! That’s walking the walk. She is a horse girl and from her young years has gotten on horses in all weather, fallen off, been stepped on, bucked off, gotten back on and had every step of her riding critiqued by the best in the business (which is a lot of yelling and blood sweat and tears) no Princesses in the pro world it is hard … girl is no shrinking violet . She is businesslike and a hard worker. The drama she has dealt with in professional Horse circles is 10x what the HW can offer

This X a thousand. As someone who has ridden the “A” riding circuit it takes guts, determination, hours upon hours of time, dedication and facing up to people who bully for the sport of it, I can unequivocally state that she is not intimidated easily. These girls are pony play. She’s just watching from the outside of the ring to see how many strides they take between jumps before setting her own course up in her mind. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
For instead or or.
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Or just some ladies letting loose and having fun. Nothing creepy about it to me.

Middle-aged women yanking on underwear and flashing bras creep me out - but I had no patience for drunken sorority girls back in college either.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, nexxie said:

What I thought was really weird is the behavior after the crew left - like drunken sorority girls. Kinda creepy.

It’s funny watching them let their hair down once the “work day” was over.  While the wedgy pulling is not my cup of tea, they were just being silly and it was nice to see them relaxed and enjoying themselves for a moment. 

I’m one of the few viewers that prefer the “boring” filming that just reveals a glimpse into their real life, not concocted storylines.  I see people comment about a housewife show being boring, when the ladies are getting along and I don’t get it.  I prefer to see them laughing not sniping.  Who wants to watch the negative, made up cat fights?  I figure if you want cat fights, watch a show on MTV or watch Jerry Springer.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well, the only one that asked Dorit to retell anything was Erika, not Camille or Teddi but Camille should have kept her suggestion about filling Rinna in to herself.

Since Dorit was the only at the table who was present during the dinner with Kyle and LVP, she was the logical choice.  Camille wasn't even around for the discussion in the kitchen between LVP and Kyle.

I notice when Dorit retold the Erika story she changed Kyle from "mad" to outspoken.  I have a problem with Kyle et al, nobody said they missed Erika after she left.  tthey were filming by themselves.  The conversation was clearly on the disapproving side of Erika's choice to leave.   At least Teddi stuck with weird instead of some new narrative.  

The other thing I thought was way overblown was comment Dorit made about LVP.  The private conversation seemed more to me LVP was telling Dorit she didn't appreciate being left out and of course Dorit talking too much.   Essentially LVP was trying to give Dorit some pointers on how to be less offensive. The jealousy thing was started and promulgated by Kyle.  Next week it seems Dorit's "jealous"comment becomes "jealous, insecure and needy", I just didn't hear Dorit use the last two words this week but who knows.  

6 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I am not sure how the use of the word weird is offensive.  I think it’s commonly used in a similar way to using the word odd.  Teddi meant weird as in an odd situation.  She wasn’t over analyzing what happened in that moment.  Words are interchangeable and have multiple meanings.  Weird, to me, is often used to replace odd/strange.  People use the words sick and nasty, for example, in a positive way, even though they were words reserved in a negative connotation before the 21st century.  

Weird by definition North America "induce a sense of disbelief or alienation in someone".  Anyone being called a weirdo or oddball should be offended if they are not they have obviously come to terms with it.  When someone calls another's actions odd or claim another is different than they are-they are not compliments nor are they terms of endearment.  Teddi even said, " I still stand by the same -it was weird.  If you are not okay with that don't do weird shit."  

I have to agree with Rinna on this one the only thing weird was the way the women reacted to Erika going to a hotel.

4 hours ago, rho said:

I'm also not convinced Kyle was too bothered since she was quick to swoop up the bedroom Erika left unoccupied. Methinks Dorit is pb&jelly (TM Kyle) because she had to take a twin bed.

Yup. Dorit didn't get the room so she decided to punish Kyle under the guise of "being honest". 

3 hours ago, BBHN said:

Camille brought up the word first, but yeah. Doh-rit made the twelve comment.

C'mon, Camille, get that diamond!

I was glad called her a "tattle-tale". She totally was. Act like a child, get called childish names. 

• Love 22

Not sure why women getting a little tipsy and silly = drunken sorority girls. But ok. And I was never in a sorority. But I thought it looked like they were having a blast. 

Yeah, I wish the producers would let us see more scenes like this. They probably happen more often than we are shown.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Since Dorit was the only at the table who was present during the dinner with Kyle and LVP, she was the logical choice.  Camille wasn't even around for the discussion in the kitchen between LVP and Kyle.

I notice when Dorit retold the Erika story she changed Kyle from "mad" to outspoken.  I have a problem with Kyle et al, nobody said they missed Erika after she left.  tthey were filming by themselves.  The conversation was clearly on the disapproving side of Erika's choice to leave.   At least Teddi stuck with weird instead of some new narrative.  

The other thing I thought was way overblown was comment Dorit made about LVP.  The private conversation seemed more to me LVP was telling Dorit she didn't appreciate being left out and of course Dorit talking too much.   Essentially LVP was trying to give Dorit some pointers on how to be less offensive. The jealousy thing was started and promulgated by Kyle.  Next week it seems Dorit's "jealous"comment becomes "jealous, insecure and needy", I just didn't hear Dorit use the last two words this week but who knows.  

Weird by definition North America "induce a sense of disbelief or alienation in someone".  Anyone being called a weirdo or oddball should be offended if they are not they have obviously come to terms with it.  When someone calls another's actions odd or claim another is different than they are-they are not compliments nor are they terms of endearment.  Teddi even said, " I still stand by the same -it was weird.  If you are not okay with that don't do weird shit."  

I have to agree with Rinna on this one the only thing weird was the way the women reacted to Erika going to a hotel.

She didn’t call anyONE a weirdo or an oddball.  She was saying IT felt weird.  She wasn’t insulting a person, she was just using a word to describe the situation in exasperation.  

• Love 22
15 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Ericka had clearly had her hair and makeup professional done when she showed up in the morning. I think she stayed till the camera fell, and then showed up when the filming started again. They had some shots of the party but they were those room camera shots. 

Teddi's blog actually backs this up. Ericka stayed until the cameras were gone.  

From Teddi's blog:

Now—the beach house and the mysterious disappearance of Erika Jayne. It was weird; I stand by that. I completely empathize with Erika as I’m sure women everywhere watching do; I can see why she’d prefer to not stay up until 2AM getting tipsy and humping my picnic table. What we later discovered that night— and what you didn’t see—was that her assistant had already driven to Dana Point separately and got a hotel room for her. Again, I didn’t have a problem with her leaving to stay in a hotel—I offered that option when I invited everyone. The issue is why spend the day pretending you’re going to stay over, but as soon as the camera crew leaves you have your assistant come pick you up? It’s not like Erika came to us at the end of the night to say she wasn’t feeling well and thought she’d feel better sleeping in a hotel. No. She asked me to call in a pass for her assistant who then arrived at my security gate. Erika then left so abruptly—and without explanation—that it was clear she had planned to stay at the hotel all along. I don’t think you can use the “I was embarrassed” excuse when the previous day you were explaining your situation in great detail to everyone but me apparently. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Giggy's tongue was hanging out of his mouth while he panted.  He looked miserable.

He didn't look distressed to me.  I think he's just one of those dogs that has a tongue that doesn't always stay in its mouth.  I grew up with one that was always getting her tongue stuck to the carpet when she was asleep and it cracked my 5 year old self up every single time.  

8 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

I don't think it was so she could be with her glam squad.  She looked lovely the next morning, so I have to assume that they weren't there.

BWAHHH!

44 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Arriving on both days, Erika had on dark pants. However when they showed the scene where she said "I've got my bed" at Teddy's, she had changed into a flowing white skirt with black abstract print, which she was also wearing when the ladies were outside in the evening. I had terrible cramps and heavy periods due to fibroids, and can certainly understand worrying about bleeding through clothes, onto sheets, etc. But I also would never have worn a flowing white skirt while dealing with the problem. 

I think it was flowing pants and the abstract print was black, red, and light apricot or taupe.  Maybe she decided any leaks would be camouflaged (I kid!).   

Whenever I've got a crime scene going on I think "Damn, Drake must have murdered my vagina."  I know it isn't what Amanda Bynes meant, but oh well.

• Love 4

The angst on Dorit's face when trying to figure out how to tell Ericka that the gals were talking about her was HILARIOUS.  So dramatic.  She was looking like she had to tell Erica that Tom and her (Dorit) are having an affair.  I hate Dorit more than my limited plain Jane vocabulary can express.  

• Love 24
16 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

I think it's fairly obvious that Erika likes to play the victim.  She doesn't do it in a big way, like Dorit did last season, she's much more subtle with it.  She tries to make it look like she's this easygoing chick who doesn't get rattled by other chicks...but the fact is, she does.  She's SUPER DUPER sensitive when people say seemingly innocuous things.  Eileen making the comment about her son, pantygate last season and now this.  Erika likes getting up on her high horse and teaching the earthlings how you don't treat Queen Erika.  So it's not really shocking to me that she chose to believe Dorit - a woman she was completely at odds with last season for her opening her big mouth and exaggerating things - over Kyle - a woman who has repeatedly been her friend and supported her.   

Erika is not really as complicated as she makes herself out to be.  She's rather run of the mill and boring and no amount of princess crowns, ass cheek showing clothing or pink eye shadow will change that.

Well said! Erika hides her insecurities with false "zero fucks" bravado & bitchiness 

I wish someone would call her out on her cuntiness but most of these women seem to be in awe of her

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Nobody would have thought it was "weird" if she'd simply told her host what her plans were from the beginning. 

28 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

I think it's fairly obvious that Erika likes to play the victim.  She doesn't do it in a big way, like Dorit did last season, she's much more subtle with it.  She tries to make it look like she's this easygoing chick who doesn't get rattled by other chicks...but the fact is, she does.  She's SUPER DUPER sensitive when people say seemingly innocuous things.  Eileen making the comment about her son, pantygate last season and now this.  Erika likes getting up on her high horse and teaching the earthlings how you don't treat Queen Erika.  So it's not really shocking to me that she chose to believe Dorit - a woman she was completely at odds with last season for her opening her big mouth and exaggerating things - over Kyle - a woman who has repeatedly been her friend and supported her.   

Erika is not really as complicated as she makes herself out to be.  She's rather run of the mill and boring and no amount of princess crowns, ass cheek showing clothing or pink eye shadow will change that.

I agree. She made her "friend" Eileen feel like shit over a comment that clearly wasn't intended to offend. Pantygate was beyond ridiculous. Too true that she's very sensitive and obviously has many fucks to give over trifling bullshit.

I agree that Erika isn't particularly complicated or deep. As others have said, at the end of the day, she comes across like a lonely, superficial, and insecure woman. I also think that she's deluded if she thinks that most people want an Erika Jayne style alter ego.

• Love 23

Still waiting for Dorit to get her ass handed to her. She just opens her big fat mouth and everybody stands back. Rinna never got away with it, why should she? Kyle should have been a whole hell of a lot more pissed off than she was. Poor Teds. This group is just not her thing. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

It’s funny watching them let their hair down once the “work day” was over.  While the wedgy pulling is not my cup of tea, they were just being silly and it was nice to see them relaxed and enjoying themselves for a moment. 

I’m one of the few viewers that prefer the “boring” filming that just reveals a glimpse into their real life, not concocted storylines.  I see people comment about a housewife show being boring, when the ladies are getting along and I don’t get it.  I prefer to see them laughing not sniping.  Who wants to watch the negative, made up cat fights?  I figure if you want cat fights, watch a show on MTV or watch Jerry Springer.

Wish more people could laugh and “let their hair down” without getting shitfaced - I just don’t enjoy silly, shallow, stupid drunkenness in women or men. At least stoned people can have interesting philosophical conversations, lol.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, film noire said:

Me, too.  I could buy into a "My Fair Teddi" dynamic between them ("Teddi, I shall teach you to be a proper Beverly Hills housewife! What to wear, where to lunch, what stemware to own!  And then I shall reveal my creation to all of society at the MOCA Gala as Colonel Vanderpump watches, amazed!") And Teddi (per @Mindthinkr's remark about riding the A circuit) could return the favor playing Housewife Whisperer to Kyle ("You CAN take this obstacle course, Kyle -- just focus, commit, jump over Dorit and never look back!") 

Beautifully said Film Noire. Beautifully said. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Nobody would have thought it was "weird" if she'd simply told her host what her plans were from the beginning. 

Given the timing I could see them thinking that she wanted it to appear on camera that she was staying when she really wasn't and that would be weird.

• Love 7

That she tried to stick out it, but then couldn't because of her body was feeling and going through?

I agree. She made her "friend" Eileen feel like shit over a comment that clearly wasn't intended to offend.

Which she apologized for and and for which Eileen got over.

"Teddi, I shall teach you to be a proper Beverly Hills housewife! What to wear

I love Kyle, but I'm not sure if she is the best person to be handing out fashion advice...

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Beautifully said Film Noire. Beautifully said. 

Thank you, MindThinkr! :)

And to everybody in this forum (that I agree or disagree with) may you have a day of love -- for another, or for yourself; for an animal companion or an act of nature - or for whatever makes your heart sing.

v-day meme.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

From Teddi's blog:

I guess I don't understand the "pretending your going to stay over," comment.  Did they do an hourly poll to determine if anyone changed their mind?  Does one really need to give a reason for exiting to a hotel when they show up promptly the next day to work?  

I think the more disturbing thing was Teddi throwing everyone out because Erika was offended, and rightfully so by the weird comments and then expecting to embrace Teddi when Erika obviously didn't agree.  Poor Teddi, Erika dismissed her stroking her when Erika didn't agree with her.  So this hard horsewoman decided to throw everyone out because Erika didn't agree with her?  Time for accountability Teddi.  

This is an easy dynamic-everyone hates Dorit but Teddi gets a pass.   

7 minutes ago, BBHN said:

That she tried to stick out it, but then couldn't because of her body was feeling and going through?

Which she apologized for and and for which Eileen got over.

I love Kyle, but I'm not sure if she is the best person to be handing out fashion advice...

I think Kyle made better choices for Teddi than say she did for herself.  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I thought the same thing, when Teddi said I'm going to Kyle's store so she can give me advice, I did this:

tumblr_o7f5cb43rE1tq4of6o1_500.gif

On a side note: Is Teddi waiting for a callback from the Dukes of Hazard casting? She veers towards updated Daisy Dukes.

• Love 9

On a side note: Is Teddi waiting for a callback from the Dukes of Hazard casting? She veers towards updated Daisy Dukes.

Ha!

I will admit, I do like Teddi's style, even if it isn't seen as being very "Beverly Hills".

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I thought the same thing, when Teddi said I'm going to Kyle's store so she can give me advice

Actually, when I heard she was going to get fashion advice from Kyle, my first thought was "you definitely need to call Kyle - to get Camille's number."

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I guess I don't understand the "pretending your going to stay over," comment.  Did they do an hourly poll to determine if anyone changed their mind?  Does one really need to give a reason for exiting to a hotel when they show up promptly the next day to work? 

I think the "pretending you're going to stay" comment came from the fact that Ericka never said anything to Teddi about leaving. She never told Teddi she wasn't feeling well. She just left with no explanation to her host after taking the time to pick a room and get settled in. Obviously, Teddi had no issue with her staying at the hotel, she just thought it was weird that Ericka didn't say anything about doing so. And, so do I. 

• Love 22

Telephone, telegram, tellDorit...it ain't like folks weren't warned of the messiness.

Good grief the Giraldis are tedious. You'd think a wannabe actress could at least feign some kind of interest in her husband/marriage.

I hope Erika left a generous tip for housekeeping for having to deal with her linens the next morning.  

...and with the furniture where she sat to get her hair and makeup done, as well as some extra for the employees to not run to a tabloid with an exaggerated version of what happened.

Feeling bad and/or unsociable? Then retire to your room early. Fear that your heavy period may cause an accident? Then tell your hostess about the situation in private (in a text, if need be) so precautions can be made. But, hey, why go the simple, truthful route when one can take the rude diva expressway?

LOL at PK's mom surmising that the women would have mellowed by the time they got to NY. She evidently has never watched the show.

It seems to me that everything Dorit does and says is 100% to create drama for the cameras. Nothing is authentic, it's well planned out, and I think everyone knows exactly what she is doing, and are fine with it, since it takes the pressure off them and ensures a good drama.

At one point before Camille went in on Dorit, they gave each other a glance, and Camille giggled. Also, on WWHL, both Teddi and Camille said they don't think Dorit is mean-spirited, just that she needs to zip it sometimes. So, yeah, these women - especially a seasoned vet like Camille - know what's what.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I don't get what's particularly confounding about the fact that she chose a room. Isn't that what one would do if one assumed at the time that she'd be staying?

There's nothing confounding about her having chosen a room. What's confounding is that she also had her assistant book her a hotel room and didn't bother to tell her  host that she wasn't going to be staying after all, for whatever reason. What's so difficult about saying to her host, "I'm not feeling well. I think I will be more comfortable at a hotel." or, even saying "I'm going to stay the night at the hotel you told us about in the invite." 

• Love 21

Well, I don't know. I didn't realize that she booked it in advance--maybe I wasn't paying attention? But it is possible to get a room last minute. 

Just for the record, I also don't think saying "That was weird" is weird either. I'd probably say the same thing I were told that a friend left the festivities in the middle of the night. I wouldn't really care one way or the other, but I'd have an immediate "that was weird" moment too--"weird" as in "hmm, I wonder what's up with that?" as opposed to ".how shady" or whatever. Then again, my friends have done far weirder things then randomly skip off to a hotel so don't go by me.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Well, I don't know. I didn't realize that she booked it in advance--maybe I wasn't paying attention? But it is possible to get a room last minute. 

Just for the record, I also don't think saying "That was weird" is weird either. I'd probably say the same thing I were told that a friend left the festivities in the middle of the night. I wouldn't really care one way or the other, but I'd have an immediate "that was weird" moment too--"weird" as in "hmm, I wonder what's up with that?" as opposed to ".how shady" or whatever. Then again, my friends have done far weirder things then randomly skip off to a hotel so don't go by me.

Yeah, I would have the same kind of "that was weird" reaction - actually, I did have the same reaction watching the show. It's strange that she wouldn't just tell Teddi she wasn't staying the night. She already knew that Teddi wouldn't have a problem with it, there was no reason to go into detail about why. So why not just say something?

• Love 16
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

First over the drinks with Dorit-who was late but en route and now an entire day of filming.  That means the crew doesn't get paid for scheduled filming, the restaurant where they would have brunched gets a big cancellation and the bike rental company gets stiffed.  All because Teddi doesn't feel like it and her feelings were hurt that Erika didn't want her touching her.

Oh wow, that's crazy that production allows one cast member being upset to cancel a days worth of filming.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Yeah, I would have the same kind of "that was weird" reaction - actually, I did have the same reaction watching the show. It's strange that she wouldn't just tell Teddi she wasn't staying the night. She already knew that Teddi wouldn't have a problem with it, there was no reason to go into detail about why. So why not just say something?

Yeah, I don't know about that part either. While I am definitely the sort who needs to* leave places when I want to leave, I think I would tell one person at least -- unless they were all passed out in their clothes, drooling, snoring and reeking of high-end booze, haha!

*This is why I park on the street instead of in the driveway at family functions--and why my friends get mad at me if we happen to stay in a hotel after some kind of formal bash like a wedding or reunion. Haha, by the time the morning after comes, I am out as early as I can manage because I want to avoid the interminable multiple goodbyes that inevitably happen at checkout!

• Love 7

Can one of the Erika disbelievers explain to me the agenda behind her masterminded deception? I mean, what does Erika have to gain by pretending to pick a room at Teddi's house when she knows she is going to stay at a hotel? It's not like she pretended to stay at Teddi's all night - stealthily sneaking out and then sneaking back in - she was upfront about the fact that she was headed to a hotel. So, in what way does it ultimately benefit her to set up a hotel room, pretend pick out a room and then hatch her dastardly plan to go to the originally planned hotel room?

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Can one of the Erika disbelievers explain to me the agenda behind her masterminded deception? I mean, what does Erika have to gain by pretending to pick a room at Teddi's house when she knows she is going to stay at a hotel? It's not like she pretended to stay at Teddi's all night - stealthily sneaking out and then sneaking back in - she was upfront about the fact that she was headed to a hotel. So, in what way does it ultimately benefit her to set up a hotel room, pretend pick out a room and then hatch her dastardly plan to go to the originally planned hotel room?

I'm probably not who you are referring to, as I am not an Ericka disbeliever. I just think it is weird or odd that she wouldn't tell her host that she wasn't going to stay the night after going through the rigamarole of picking a room and getting settled in it. And, honestly, that is all that anyone is expressing on the show. Why not just tell Teddi she wasn't going to stay the night? That's not shade or accusing her of some dastardly master plan. It's just a simple question. If you aren't going to stay, or changed your mind about staying, why wouldn't you simply say so?

ETA: It's not like anyone had a problem with Ericka leaving. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 13
29 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

The problem was that Erika wasn't upfront with Teddi. She never told Teddi she was leaving, she just left after asking Teddi to let the security gate to allow her assistant through the gates.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

To bring this back to the theme of this season, isn’t it proper etiquette to let your hostess know when you change your plans?  

You better ask Dorit since she knows everything about proper etiquette. Make sure you are drinking from the right glass when you ask though.

• Love 15
Just now, WireWrap said:

Wow! Erika's blog is rather nasty IMO. Even so far as to threaten anyone that questioned why she left Teddi's even though she never told anyone she was leaving. Talk about entitled. LOL 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/blogs/erika-girardi/erika-girardi-i-had-every

I was just going to post about how she was really making herself out to be a major victim. You got to love the line about how she was just trying to be considerate. How about just let your host know you changed your plans? 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I was just going to post about how she was really making herself out to be a major victim. You got to love the line about how she was just trying to be considerate. How about just let your host know you changed your plans? 

Seriously! LOL You would think they all jumped her as soon as she walked back into the house, each demanding apologies to them and their husbands! Erika is off the charts entitled. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 18