Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: That Was Weird

• Start Topic

Kyle surprised me with her outfits. Besides the ones mentioned in above posts I also liked her casual outfit with the butterfly (Gucci?) belt she wore when she and LVP were shopping. I’m also used to seeing LVP dress much better or should I say in more flattering things. 

I liked the green (emerald?) earrings that Kyle was considering buying. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Love Kyle’s white hat and white blouse outfit at the store!

And the hip huggers and blouse she wore while at her NY store looked fabulous on her as well...the pants really elongated her body and made her look taller!  

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Besides the ones mentioned in above posts I also liked her casual outfit with the butterfly (Gucci?) belt she wore when she and LVP were shopping.

Edited by ChitChat
Trying to post a reply, but my computer is all kinds of screwy. Sorry!
  • Love 2

I came here to state my opinion that Dorit is not a nice person, but everyone else has already said it, and in much more colorful language.  Who would’ve thought I could ever loathe anyone more than Rinna?

• Love 18

I didn't like this dress on Shark Tank, but it's "WEIRD" that Ericka likes it. I actually hated this dress and I had to make myself pretend Sara wasn't wearing it because I liked her on that show. It WAS weird that Ericka made it seem like she was staying there, picked her room, and then didn't say anything until she was ready to go at that moment. Personally, I don't think she had any intention of staying there, but I thought it was more because she doesn't show up on camera without her hair and makeup done, and it would be "weird" to have the glam squad member there at Teddi's. Whatever the reason, I do give her credit for at least trying to set the stage with the period pain, but if the pain was that bad, she'd have laid down sooner imo, and even more reason not to go anywhere. I think she was embarassed that no one bought her story, and she KNEW that it was going to be big deal or she would have come clean about staying at a hotel in the first place.

In NY, Kyle's outit was almost cute, but her pants were about 2 sizes to small in the thighs. Dorit was clearly stirring shit up for the show, everyone knows it, so she's a non-issue to me, since she's just all out fake, everything.

PK seemed particulary neckless tonight. He must gain his weight in his neck. And those teeth! 

Sara-Blakely-Shark-Tank-e1507833576875.jpg

• Love 18
Just now, WireWrap said:

Especially since no one was being nasty about Erika leaving, just surprised.

Erm, calling it "weird" when it wasn't though? Why say anything at all?

• Love 8

When Erika came back to the beach house in the morning? Prettiest she’s ever looked. The soft toned down look is her best look. 

What else can be said about Dorit. She’s taking her role as cast shit-stirrer VERY seriously. Was living for Camille calling her out. Dorit, you suck. KNOW THAT! (Eta: dang OtherKate beat me to it! )

1 hour ago, sol y luna said:

She does - has NOTHING else going for her.

Just the performing/music career. And the book deal. Oh and starring on a reality show. But other than that, nothing. LOL I mean she’s got as much going on as any of these woman—and more than some of them. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I got a laugh at PK’s Mummy calling him out for calling home from school telling her that he doesn’t like carrots. Is he just (still) a big baby?

I thought that was adorbs! As a kid, I always felt personally affronted if someone served me cooked carrots. Now, I just side eye them and put them on my "mortal enemies" list. ;)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

I really, truly hope that Dorit gets savaged by everyone at the Reunion episodes. She is such a piece of shit. 

Oh, I can't imagine anyone having her back - when she's been constantly backstabbing, trash talking, lying to them.  And it's all been caught on camera.  How stupid, arrogant is she???  And they better not have that thirsty PK are the Reunion to do her bidding.

• Love 15

Besides the ones mentioned in above posts I also liked her casual outfit with the butterfly (Gucci?) belt she wore when she and LVP were shopping.

Kyle's shirt and pants she wore in NYC had a 70's vibe to me (and I liked it!)  The pants were very similar to some hip-huggers I owned, and I know I had a shirt or two that were of similar design.  Stuff always comes back in fashion!  Some of the gold and silver sequined jackets though are a little too 'Liberace' for me.  I got to see Liberace in concert back in the 70's, and while that style looked fabulous on him, I'm not a big fan of it now.  YMMV.  

Erika should've just stayed home and not gone to Teddi's.   I scheduled many a vacation around that time of the month because otherwise it was a total mess.   I wish I would've had my ablation sooner, rather than later.  What a lifesaver!   I felt bad for Erika, but really, why put yourself through that?  And Dorit, wow, what a shit move on your part to tell Erika what were basically harmless comments.  No need to make her feel worse than what she did.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

What else can be said about Dorit. She’s taking her role as cast shit-stirrer VERY seriously. Was living for Camille calling her out. Dorit, you suck. KNOW THAT!

She is taking this role to heart, which may be good, because the other ladies are actually pretty quiet. Besides Rinna, but even she is mellowed by Dorit's energy. It's like she's taking notes. 

• Love 2
Just now, WireWrap said:

IMO, it was "weird". She picked out a room, placed her luggage in it then at the last minute left. Oh, and saying it was "weird" isn't mean, these women have said far worse things about each other, "weird" doesn't even register as odd. LOL

I see it more as she was making an effort, being optimistic and then things just got much worse. I believe she intended to stay, but, in the end, she just wasn't feeling up to it.  I mean she had to stay in a DOUBLETREE for chrissakes!

I am expecting some people to bust out the good hostess talk for Teddi -- dissing your guest because she isn't feeling well? Faux to the pas!

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, Jel said:

Aww, I can totally understand why she left. Probably felt terrible, physically and emotionally, didn't feel like sharing a bathroom. I thought it was legit. To me anyway, it was very relatable.

Yes; agree -- very relatable.

The only thing she might have done was expressed embarrassment,  and begged off from the overnight.

• Love 3
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

I feel like it's pretty normal for people to try to ignore the pain and just live with it only to succumb to it and be like deuces. 

Erika walked into Teddy's house telling everyone that she was not feeling well/about her bad period, so she could have told Teddy that she wouldn't be sleeping there or at the least, that she might not stay the night. Instead, she picked a room and put her luggage in it and acted like she was there until morning. She should have been more upfront with her hostess. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Erika and Tom act like they don't know each other.

Yes but when she first sat down with him I thought it would be going straight into "Here's what the girls said to me at the beach boo hoo" so I was pleasantly surprised to just hear them have a casual conversation about each other!

8 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

My other favorite part of this episode was LVP's pink Chanel luggage. I DIIIIIED. Gorgeous.

I know, right?  Luckily I have a really cute pink and grey tweed luggage set from TJMaxx, or I would have been even more jealous!

5 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

What else can be said about Dorit. She’s taking her role as cast shit-stirrer VERY seriously. Was living for Camille calling her out. Dorit, you suck. KNOW THAT!

Haha loved Camille tonight.  What else can be said about Dorit is this:  she must have bought those boobs since last season.  I don't remember noticing them at all last year and this year she's clearly super proud of them and eager to show them off!

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Oh, I can't imagine anyone having her back - when she's been constantly backstabbing, trash talking, lying to them.  And it's all been caught on camera.  How stupid, arrogant is she???  And they better not have that thirsty PK are the Reunion to do her bidding.

Nahhhh, Erika and Rinna will have her back at the reunion unless she throws them under the bus this season and I don't see that happening. 

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

She probably had every intention to stay until she didn't

I don't think she did. Her "assistant" was staying there, so I suspect her plan was to stay at the hotel as well. This way, there was someone to do her makeup/hair.

• Love 17
56 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

It's not weird that a woman going through a shockingly heavy period at an away toilet/bed situation who has the cash and means would opt to spend the night in a hotel. It's weird that several grown women thought that was weird, and obnoxious that Vanderpump minimized it. If you as a now post-menopausal woman has never had a period where you're having to tend to yourself nearly hourly and fear the very-real possibility of leaking through the sheets and into the mattress, thank your lucky fucking stars. It happens. It's not cute to be so dismissive of another woman's experience.

I haven't always been the biggest Erika fan, but she's either getting a good edit or settling into herself this season in a way I identify with. I'm a crass woman who can talk about sex in the abstract all damn day, but I'm uncomfortable discussing my own stuff especially in the company of people I'm not too close with (and TV cameras??? forget about it). And good lord, when she instinctively recoiled from Teddi's touch. Been. There. She should've just explained that it wasn't anything personal and she's uncomfortable with soothing touches in certain circumstances, but she was probably too in the moment and realizing that now her heavy-ass period was very likely going to make it to air thanks to all the fussing over it and many women deciding to somehow make it about them.

Agree.

When my period starts - it's the worst on day 1 and 2. I have no energy. I just want quiet. I used to spread towels on the top sheet and then my friend told me to buy mattress/chair liners from a surgical supply store. This works to protect the mattress, I've had many a day where I pull back the covers and it looks like a crime scene.

Erika wanting to go to a hotel was totally relatable for me. I couldn't stay and party and giggle. I'd be telling everyone to shut the fuck up. I would be so paranoid about getting Teddi's sheets bloody - even a drop - I'd be horrified. Plus disposing a used pad or even the outer packaging of a tampon - don't want people to know - so what stuff it in my suitcase? Ack!

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Nahhhh, Erika and Rinna will have her back at the reunion unless she throws them under the bus this season and I don't see that happening. 

I don't think she did. Her "assistant" was staying there, so I suspect her plan was to stay at the hotel as well. This way, there was someone to do her makeup/hair.

Ericka had clearly had her hair and makeup professional done when she showed up in the morning. I think she stayed till the camera fell, and then showed up when the filming started again. They had some shots of the party but they were those room camera shots. 

• Love 19

I'd like to see Dorit's contract with Bravo....does she get a $10,000.00 bonus every time she stirs up some shit?  She is unfuckingbelievable!!  And, she sits back with that "cat that ate the canary" look after she's done.  She should be careful - she's going to injure her rotator cuff if she keeps patting herself on the back.  I really, really dislike this woman!!  What a friggin' tattle-tale - just as Camille said!  And, yes, when you play "Well, guess what everyone said about you last night" games, you are a tattletale, and it is like you are 12 years old!!! 

Someone that can make me not loathe Rinna so much is pretty bad.

And, while I'm at it, I'm back to not loving Erika so much, either.  She is definitely a cold fish - Teddi wasn't really invading her personal space (like Eden used to) - she was just giving her a comforting hand on her shoulder....no need to freeze Teddi out over that.  

And, if the period story is true, I understand why she left, but perhaps she shouldn't have traveled to the beach house in the first place, or she should have explained the situation privately to Teddi when she arrived.  Okay - you don't want to talk about the situation to everyone - understandable.  But, explaining the situation in private to your hostess, rather than just leaving abruptly with no explanation, would have been the gracious thing to do.  My initial thought was that she needed to get to the hotel to have her glam squad do her makeup, but she was nearly make-up free when she came back to Teddi's in the morning, so that wasn't the case.   

• Love 16

Never thought get I would defend Ericka, but I know what those peri-menopausal periods are like! You WILL likely destroy a bed, better to do it at the double tree than Teddy’s beach house! 

Too bad Ericka didn’t just tell Teddy when she arrived she’d be staying elsewhere because of her issues especially knowing how sensitive Teddy was about entertaining. Part of me wonders if she didn’t want to be seen in the morning sans glam squad, so I am slightly skeptical of her reason for not staying! 

Edited by JD5166
  • Love 13

Teddie’s blog points out some information that raises some doubts about Erika’s departure.  It appears that she had planned to leave way ashes of time.  Regardless, I don’t really see why this is being made into a big deal....except that Dorit’s involved and nothing is ever dropped when she’s involved.  It doesn’t help that Erika has pretty much been standoffish to Teedie all season.

• Love 8

The best part of tonight's episode was the 2 am snippets. Lisa giving Kyle a wedgie was hilarious. Bravo should have shown more of what was going on then instead of Dorit's over exaggerated non-drama.

And because it can't be said enough times, shut the fuck up, Dorit! 

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If your period/flow is that bad, then don't go or don't pick out a room like you intend to stay the night. Let your hostess know you are spending the night elsewhere from the get go.

Maybe she was fully aware all day that she was going through it and should have given Teddi a head's up. Maybe some of this was influenced by how production was driving the day along. Or maybe she went from nasty cramping/fairly heavy flow, and as the evening wore on it became more like the elevator scene from The Shining and it became clear to her that an overnight stay was problematic on a lot of fronts. Periods can turn on a dime.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I can't see how Erika and Rinna will defend her when it was Dorit who complained about Erika leaving - and then lied about it. And she continued to trash talk Rinna behind her back even though they supposedly agree to move on when they were in Vegas.  All caught on camera.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Teddi made a choice -- she could have said, "I'm sorry you were not feeling well, Erika. How are you now? Anything I can do for you?" etc. Instead, she chose to say "It was weird that you left".  She, like Dorit, could have kept her thoughts to herself. 

At that point, it was better that Teddi owned up to what she had said the night before, because she did not know what kind of tales Dorit was spinning....better to be honest and get the truth out in the open than try to gloss over it.  Erika was already obviously upset...to try and gloss over it and spin it differently could have caused Erika to get even more pissed off.

10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

You are right according to Teddy's blog! http://www.bravotv.com/node/1133721

I'm surprised that Bravo let that blog through - Teddi comes very close to breaking the 4th wall discussing camera crews, etc.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well that’s why Dorit greeted Lisa Rinna so enthusiastically at the NY dinner! Dorit is thinking to get her on my side at any cost as I’m about to go down with what the others think of me. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

I can't see how Erika and Rinna will defend her when it was Dorit who complained about Erika leaving - and then lied about it. And she continued to trash talk Rinna behind her back even though they supposedly agree to move on when they were in Vegas.  All caught on camera.

Last year, Erika never addressed the fact that Eileen was the cast member who came closest to actually explicitly suggesting that Erika had exposed herself deliberately ("that's an interesting choice because it almost seems ... intentional"). Or that Eileen resurrected the topic as or more often than Dorit. Or that Eileen spread her legs in imitation of Erika while mocking Erika's claims of shyness. All of which was caught on camera.

She's practiced by this point at eliding over behavior and details that don't conform to the narrative she wants to present. 

• Love 22

If they were all acting on their best behavior, what in the world would we have to bitch and laugh about.  

Dorit is really embracing her role as The Shit Stirrer, and I have to admit that she's doing a good job.  I'm curious to see how far she's willing to push it with Kyle and LVP, which seems to have to best chance for blowing up in her face.  

I wonder if Rinna being less of a presence this season was intentional, or she was honestly just busy promoting her spawn.  Is there enough room in one season for both Rinna and Dorit to cause trouble?

I don't know why but I just love it when Kyle gets pissed about something and goes into her attack mode.  

Wow, Camille looks great on WWHL!

• Love 9

At this point, I'm not even sure LVP will have Dorit's back at the reunion...

Dorit's storyline this season:

tumblr_m8vpe29mD21qdezf9o1_500.gif

plane-crash-gif-1.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=7466834

• Love 18

I hope The Cript Keeper Tom made that cum dumpster sign a pre-nup and she gets the bare minimum when he kicks the bucket.... I hope it was all worth deserting your kid to be a gold digging whore.... Dies the bitch realize she’s 50 not 20 with all her outfits .... I bet she looks likes 40 miles of rough road without her clown makeup and assesories 

• Love 4