Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: That Was Weird

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

I didn't like this dress on Shark Tank, but it's "WEIRD" that Ericka likes it. I actually hated this dress and I had to make myself pretend Sara wasn't wearing it because I liked her on that show. It WAS weird that Ericka made it seem like she was staying there, picked her room, and then didn't say anything until she was ready to go at that moment. Personally, I don't think she had any intention of staying there, but I thought it was more because she doesn't show up on camera without her hair and makeup done, and it would be "weird" to have the glam squad member there at Teddi's. Whatever the reason, I do give her credit for at least trying to set the stage with the period pain, but if the pain was that bad, she'd have laid down sooner imo, and even more reason not to go anywhere. I think she was embarassed that no one bought her story, and she KNEW that it was going to be big deal or she would have come clean about staying at a hotel in the first place.

In NY, Kyle's outit was almost cute, but her pants were about 2 sizes to small in the thighs. Dorit was clearly stirring shit up for the show, everyone knows it, so she's a non-issue to me, since she's just all out fake, everything.

PK seemed particulary neckless tonight. He must gain his weight in his neck. And those teeth! 

Sara-Blakely-Shark-Tank-e1507833576875.jpg

Thank you for posting this pic, BRAVOFAN27. When I saw Erika with this dress, I was shocked as I couldn't imagine anyone else having bad enough taste to purchase it. Like you, I remember it from Shark Tank as I thought then (and still do) that it is the ugliest dress I have ever seen. And considering how some dress on the RH franchises, that is saying a lot. 

I also agree with you that Erika had no intention of staying at Teddy's, and don't understand why she wasn't just honest with her to start with, given that Teddy gave her guests that choice in her email. I did love Teddy's face at the dinner, as the ladies rehashed once again who said what, when and where. Her "WTF am I doing with these women?" face was priceless. I would have the same face. Heck, I have it at home watching them. 

Dorito isn't even worth talking about at this point, since she is so bad at shit stirring. She is so thirsty to hang on to her spot, it is glaringly obvious.

My only other comment is Vanderpump hauling around the ugly pink Chanel luggage like a purse. I know these women like oversize purses, but that just looked ridiculous. She looked like a tourist that was afraid to leave her overnight bag in her hotel, and insisted on carting it around with her. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, nexxie said:

Unless Teddi really needs the money, it’s hard to imagine her wanting to sign on for more idiocy with this overindulged bunch of fluff.

Well on WWHL she kept it even keeled and didn't have much in the way of negativity to spew even though Andy and callers tried to get her to spill the Tea! I would be PO'd at Dorit and wouldn't sign on if she returned! The b!tch just can't help spilling her guts and throwing others under the bus! She's horrid and I wonder how she holds onto any friends? ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 3

In NY, Kyle's outit was almost cute, but her pants were about 2 sizes to small in the thighs

Kyle needs to dress for her size. And/or find a personal tailor to try to at least alter the clothes she buys to fit her body. She has a great body, but needs to realize she isn't tall, and she has curves.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Last year, Erika never addressed the fact that Eileen was the cast member who came closest to actually explicitly suggesting that Erika had exposed herself deliberately ("that's an interesting choice because it almost seems ... intentional"). Or that Eileen resurrected the topic as or more often than Dorit. Or that Eileen spread her legs in imitation of Erika while mocking Erika's claims of shyness. All of which was caught on camera.

She's practiced by this point at eliding over behavior and details that don't conform to the narrative she wants to present. 

We are talking about THIS season.  Why would Erika go out of her way to defend Dorit???

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Maybe she was fully aware all day that she was going through it and should have given Teddi a head's up. Maybe some of this was influenced by how production was driving the day along. Or maybe she went from nasty cramping/fairly heavy flow, and as the evening wore on it became more like the elevator scene from The Shining and it became clear to her that an overnight stay was problematic on a lot of fronts. Periods can turn on a dime.

Erika started talking about how bad/awful/painful/bloody her period was as soon as she got there, so she just should have told Teddi she was going to stay at the hotel. It would not have been a big deal had she been honest upfront.

44 minutes ago, Jel said:

Teddi made a choice -- she could have said, "I'm sorry you were not feeling well, Erika. How are you now? Anything I can do for you?" etc. Instead, she chose to say "It was weird that you left".  She, like Dorit, could have kept her thoughts to herself. 

She didn't have a chance, Erika confronted her, so Teddi was honest.

42 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

I can't see how Erika and Rinna will defend her when it was Dorit who complained about Erika leaving - and then lied about it. And she continued to trash talk Rinna behind her back even though they supposedly agree to move on when they were in Vegas.  All caught on camera.

Ahhh, but remember how Erika ignored what Eileen/Rinna said about her last season at the reunion. She will not come down on Dorit, nor will Rinna.

8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

At this point, I'm not even sure LVP will have Dorit's back at the reunion...

Dorit's storyline this season:

tumblr_m8vpe29mD21qdezf9o1_500.gif

plane-crash-gif-1.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=7466834

I don't think she will either which is why I said that only Erika/Rinna will have Dorit's back.

• Love 4

I don't think she will either which is why I said that only Erika/Rinna will have Dorit's back.

If LVP isn't going to have her back, I doubt Erika and/or Rinna would, either. I mean, both women will be watching the show before the reunion airs.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

If LVP isn't going to have her back, I doubt Erika and/or Rinna would, either. I mean, both women will be watching the show before the reunion airs.

IMO, both Erika and Rinna still want to take Lisa down and as long as Dorit isn't spilling their conversations to the others, she is an asset to Erika/Rinna.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Ahhh, but remember how Erika ignored what Eileen/Rinna said about her last season at the reunion. She will not come down on Dorit, nor will Rinna.

We are talking about THIS season.  There's a difference between not coming down on someone (staying out of the conflict) - and defending them and having their back.  Neither Erika or Rinna have anything to gain by defending Dorit.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 5

Because Dorit is kissing up to Erika big time while throwing the others under the bus.

If one of those people Dorit ends up throwing under the bus is Kyle, do you honestly think Erika would have Dorit's back over Kyle? Since, Erika seems to have a genuine friendship with Kyle, even if they aren't each other's BFF.

IMO, both Erika and Rinna still want to take Lisa down and as long as Dorit isn't spilling their conversations to the others, she is an asset to Erika/Rinna.

IMO, I don't think so, since we haven't seen any evidence of that all season long so far. Heck we didn't even see it last year.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

When I saw Erika with this dress, I was shocked as I couldn't imagine anyone else having bad enough taste to purchase it. Like you, I remember it from Shark Tank as I thought then (and still do) that it is the ugliest dress I have ever seen. And considering how some dress on the RH franchises, that is saying a lot.

I hadn’t had the bad fortune of seeing that dress before. It’s giving me Sexxxy Pink Disney Drum Majorette Realness.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I hadn’t had the bad fortune of seeing that dress before. It’s giving me Sexxxy Pink Disney Drum Majorette Realness.

It's like she thinks on the line of Alexis Carrington Colby Dexter; the more costumey the better! Her talking head has her looking like an evil queen of Snow White! She has such bad taste; or should I blame it on her awful stylists? ;-)

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Totally agree with Erika regarding bloodgate when she said, "This is the stupidest shit ever".

No more stupid than Dorit blabbing about a conversation from the previous night and throwing all of them under the bus! She probably should have told them all to "get the fk out of my house!" These people seemed to go out of their way to make their host the most uncomfortable for asking them out! They are rotten houseguests; much too high maintenance! ;-(

• Love 3

I usually like Erika but this was all bad. I completely sympathize with bad period/heavy flow, I had surgery because of it. There are better, more mature ways to express yourself.

I don't like Dorit but if shit stirrers won awards, she'd TOTALLY deserve it. The show is boring but it's more than making up for it in trips and gorgeous beach homes.

Camille is making a stealth play for a diamond and I'm here for it.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 15

If Eric**t was having such an issue with a heavy period, she should have stayed home. Instead, she had to make it all about her. So typical. She really needs to get over herself.

Because no one else has ever had an extra-bad month ever. Lucky! I didn't see it being all about her--at least not her making it about her; Dorit pretty much did that; Erica made it less about her by leaving, then she came back in the morning without much fanfare.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I loved Kyle’s point re: that you may mention something about a friend to other friends and discuss it a bit, but you don’t then turn around and say “GUESS WHAT THEY WERE SAYING ABOUT YOU LAST NIGHT!”

Because no matter who said what, Dorit had no need to go repeat it to Erika (and I agree, I’d be tempted to leave and sleep elsewhere if I were sick/not feeling well, too). 

Am I the only one who thought the bad outfit analogy was also about Erika? I'm side-eyeing those designer t-shirt dresses she always wears.

3 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I wish that they would have shown a lot more of the ladies being silly at 2 am!!  They showed the NYC ladies being silly at the beach on several occasions.

Me too!! Lisa was cracking me up this episode, especially all the whinging during their workout! It was such a breath of fresh air to see Kyle and Lisa drunkenly motorboating each other despite being in an argument 12 hours earlier. Their friendship is the best thing about this franchise and instead we were treated to the multiple recaps of something that didn't even make it into the final cut.

As a woman I can sympathize with not wanting to sleepover on a heavy flow day and maybe making that decision at the last second, but I did find it weird that she bailed and then decided to come back in the morning. Teddy sent a very long, very detailed, text message itinerary so it's no surprise they were working out in the morning. Why bother showing up just to mope around while the other women are working out?

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, rho said:

So far I have put up with the Hadidnts popping up in every episode to fill us in on the lack of development in their vacuous lives but I draw the line at the plunger story. I absolutely did NOT need any more confirmation of how inept those girls are and I'm officially sick of the Hamlets stealing away precious time from the real stars of the show: Kyle's pups.

Lisa loves to hark back 30 years to when she was trying to make it! NO ONE CARES! I turn the sound down and turn away to surf online every time she does it! It's so nauseating! ;-(

• Love 7
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Me, too -- and I hated Camille -- but when she bats her lash-heavy eyes like a llama and swivels her gaze at Dorit while asking a pointed question -- in a calm voice --everything I hated about her disappears in the satisfaction of watching Dorit get her sticky "Who, me?" fingers pinched.

Rinna is also being rendered almost-sane  by the presence of Dorit. It's like Hitler making Stalin look good.

Better be good film noire or I will be a dibber dobber like Dorit and will tell Siggy that you referred to HIM!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
RHoNJ for anyone who hasn’t heard of the obnoxious loudmouth crybaby.
  • Love 16
22 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Did Erika wear white pants to Teddi's beach house? I can't remember.

Just curious.

She did have on white pants and they bordered on skin tight (unless I’m completely misremembering an hour ago) which boggles.

I’m well-acquainted with the type of period she said she was having and white pants simply aren’t viable during the first 48-72 hours.

It’s weird. On one hand, I’m impressed she was able to get it together and attend Teddi’s Party while the other side is wondering why she jumped through all the hoops when her heart wasn’t in it to be there. 

As for Dorit, I’m surprised none of the other women have started having glitter bombs mailed anonymously to her. She’s definitely earned them. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Fiero425 said:
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Did Erika give Tom coffee in a styrofoam cup?

I saw that! WTF; did someone run out to Starbucks or something? ;-)

Tom has frequently been shown drinking his morning coffee out of a large styrofoam cup. That's what Erika commented about, saying he'll never change what type of coffee cup he will use.

This episode was the first time I EVER liked Camille.  She was spectacular going in on Dorit.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

Tom has frequently been shown drinking his morning coffee out of a large styrofoam cup. That's what Erika commented about, saying he'll never change what type of coffee cup he will use.

This episode was the first time I EVER liked Camille.  She was spectacular going in on Dorit.

I wasn't watching back then, but they say she's gone back to "Season 1 Camille!"

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I definitely think that Ericka planned to stay at the hotel all along. Ericka already knew that she wasn't feeling well. I don't get the impression at all that Ericka is would go out of her way for these women and attempt to "tough it out" if she wasn't feeling well. As we heard tonight, Ericka does what Ericka wants to do. That certainly doesn't include toughing out a rough period so that she can hang out with the women she thinks of as clucking "hens".

I think she wanted her glam squad with her to make sure she looked camera ready in the morning and she knew it wouldn't work to bring them to Teddi's. She's made it clear multiple times that she prefers hanging out with them anyway.  

IMO Ericka came back because she still wanted to make sure that she got her camera time. To me, those were the actions of a woman who was putting in her time at work. I don't believe for a second that her top priority was making sure she didn't ruin Teddi's sheets. 

Also, regarding Erika being supposedly being uncomfortable about the focus of the conversation being about her period, she was the one who chose to bring it up. She could have said that she wasn't feeling well and left it at that. Instead, talking about being on her period gave me Sonja vibes. Like she wants everyone know that she's still at the age where she's dealing with this stuff. Sonja was more embarrassing and obvious about it but that's how it came across to me. Brandi pulled that silliness too. As if anyone cares whether or not these women are dealing with menstrual issues. 

Yeah, she brings it up and uses it as an excuse, but if people talk about it, "I'm embarrassed!" Please; this b!tch can't be embarrassed by anything! She's so FOS! As she says, "Erika's going to do what Erika gonna do!" That must include making her host feel like $#!t since Dorit ratted them all out! I swear I would have kicked them all out! "Take your high maintenance arses somewhere else!" ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 15

I definitely think that Ericka planned to stay at the hotel all along.

I don't.

I don't get the impression at all that Ericka is would go out of her way for these women and attempt to "tough it out" if she wasn't feeling well.

I think she gave it her best effort. It didn't work for her, so she bowed out for the night.

I think she wanted her glam squad with her to make sure she looked camera ready in the morning and she knew it wouldn't work to bring them to Teddi's.

Shes taken them with her to Dubai and Tokyo, I don't think taking them to Dana Point would be a huge issue.

Also, regarding Erika being supposedly being uncomfortable about the focus of the conversation being about her period, she was the one who chose to bring it up. She could have said that she wasn't feeling well and left it at that.

With this group they would have discussed to death why she wasn't feeling well, what was the cause, etc. So no way she could have "left it at that". Hell, she actually gave a legitimate reason and people think she is faking it.

Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

I don't believe for a second that her top priority was making sure she didn't ruin Teddi's sheets. 

Erika tends to be a gracious guest, more often than not. It isn't the most unbelievable thing to me that she might be thinking of that.

like avoiding close friendships with women

Except we have seen her develop friendships with Rinna, Kyle, and Eileen over the last few years.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I don't.

I think she gave it her best effort. It didn't work for her, so she bowed out for the night.

Shes taken them with her to Dubai and Tokyo, I don't think taking them to Dana Point would be a huge issue.

With this group they would have discussed to death why she wasn't feeling well, what was the cause, etc. So no way she could have "left it at that". Hell, she actually gave a legitimate reason and people think she is faking it.

Erika tends to be a gracious guest, more often than not. It isn't the most unbelievable thing to me that she might be thinking of that.

Except we have seen her develop friendships with Rinna, Kyle, and Eileen over the last few years.

Funny how I can't stand any of these women! Rinna's a $#!t stirrer who can't control her mouth, Eileen backed her without hesitation no matter how egregious the offense, Kyle allowed Rinna carte blanche to abuse her sister over the years, and of course Erika's just Erika! She's so full of herself! Add "tattle-tale" Dorit, and I wonder why I watch at all! I can't wait for her to get hers next week though! Dorit plays this victim who can't understand why people are always picking on her! Idiot! ;-)

5 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I don't.

There isn't anything in Erika's past behavior that makes me think she'd go out of her way to tough out being physically uncomfortable for a group of women she thinks of as "catty bitches".

It's not that I think she was faking the period. I think she was exaggerating her level of discomfort so that she could head to the hotel.

Of course Erika can afford to take these guys to Dana Point. I think she preferred having them glam her up in a hotel rather than having them crowd in at Teddi's. In a hotel they'll have more freedom, space, won't have to step over other guests, can say whatever they want, etc.

Erika knows she can't be isolated on a show like this if she wants to survive for multiple seasons. She's most willing to play nice with the people who stroke her ego or offer her opportunities. They come across like superficial TV friendships. Erika acted like Rinna was the scum of the earth when Yolanda was on the show and now that she's off the show, Erika is more than happy to head with Rinna to Japan. Yolanda was a TV "friend" IMO and it doesn't seem that different with the others. 

Eileen fawned all over Erika and she ate the flattery up. Kyle was extra complimentary in Greece and made it clear how cool she thinks the Erika Jayne persona is. Rinna invited her to Japan and Erika got extra camera time.

• Love 16

There isn't anything in Erika's past behavior that makes me think she'd go out of her way to tough out being physically uncomfortable for a group of women she thinks of as "catty bitches".

Would any of these women under similar circumstances?

Of course Erika can afford to take these guys to Dana Point. I think she preferred having them glam her up in a hotel rather than having them crowd in at Teddi's. In a hotel they'll have more freedom, space, won't have to step over other guests, can say whatever they want, etc.

I think Erika would just said she was visiting her glam squad if she wanted to.

Erika acted like Rinna was the scum of the earth when Yolanda was on the show and now that she's off the show, Erika is more than happy to head with Rinna to Japan.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time on a HWs show that 2 people who clashed initially end up becoming friends (or vice versa).

Yolanda was a TV "friend" IMO and it doesn't seem that different with the others. 

She and Yolanda have been seen hanging out with each other since Yolanda left the show.

Eileen fawned all over Erika and she ate the flattery up. Kyle was extra complimentary in Greece and made it clear how cool she thinks the Erika Jayne persona is. Rinna invited her to Japan and Erika got extra camera time.

To me it seems like she genuinely likes those 3 women. Mileage varies, I suppose.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Jel said:

I see it more as she was making an effort, being optimistic and then things just got much worse. I believe she intended to stay, but, in the end, she just wasn't feeling up to it.  I mean she had to stay in a DOUBLETREE for chrissakes!

I am expecting some people to bust out the good hostess talk for Teddi -- dissing your guest because she isn't feeling well? Faux to the pas!

I think she showed up because it's her job.  She seemed to hang around for most of the evening - she was only absent for the sixty seconds of drunken antics we were shown.  She was back bright and early in the morning.  Would any of us really have noticed if it wasn't turned into an issue?

• Love 17

I think Erika genuinely likes Kyle, but as to the rest I think she could take them or leave them.  She doesn’t seem like the type to want to have a slumber party with anyone (other than her glam squad) regardless of their friendship status.  

This whole issue was easily avoidable.   Teddi clearly indicated in her invite that she was fine with them staying at a hotel.  Erika could’ve easily said she was staying in a hotel and further that she wanted to be with her glam squad.  It’s not like the woman don’t understand that has to have her squad.   Or she could’ve made a gracious exit to her hostess and privately told her why she was leaving.  It seems that she told everyone, but Teddi why she was leaving.

But Dorit sucks and none of this should be an issue.  Kyle was exactly right about why this issue was one of those things that didn’t need to be repeated to Erika.  

• Love 23
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Agree.

When my period starts - it's the worst on day 1 and 2. I have no energy. I just want quiet. I used to spread towels on the top sheet and then my friend told me to buy mattress/chair liners from a surgical supply store. This works to protect the mattress, I've had many a day where I pull back the covers and it looks like a crime scene.

Erika wanting to go to a hotel was totally relatable for me. I couldn't stay and party and giggle. I'd be telling everyone to shut the fuck up. I would be so paranoid about getting Teddi's sheets bloody - even a drop - I'd be horrified. Plus disposing a used pad or even the outer packaging of a tampon - don't want people to know - so what stuff it in my suitcase? Ack!

I think the average woman assumes that everyone has a similar period.  I was miserable during my period.  My mom had had a hysterectomy before I was born (adopted) and none of my friends seemed to have a problem.  I had a very heavy flow and would pass blood clots.  It was a monthly ritual through middle school for me to report to the nurse, and my mom would be called to bring me clean underwear and pants.  It was hideous.  As an adult, I would often find myself sitting on a friend's floor for fear of staining their couch.  I thought I was a wimp and a whiner because it looked like no one had my problem.  I actually slept with washcloths tucked in the back of my underwear.  Well it all made sense when I turned thirty and was diagnosed with endometriosis and a grape fruit sized cyst (endometrioma) on my right ovary.  I lost my ovary and had to self-inject medication.  Lisa can GTFO with her acting as if Erika checked herself into the hospital rather than a hotel.  I have no idea what Erika's issues are, but if they're similar to mine, they include significant pain and cramping, nausea, vomiting, and fear of massively bleeding all over someone's things.

And I agree on the crime scene comment.  My showers would become a colorized version of the Psycho scene.

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wonder if Erika is experiencing fibroid tumors (been there, not fun at all).  

Or endometriosis.

• Love 14

I can't blame Erika for not wanting to be there overnight.  Honestly, once these women get a few drinks in them, the potential for fighting and obnoxious behavior is huge.  And, it is all likely to be caught on tape and played over and over.  That's the game they play.  Erika, whether because she is smart, reserved, accustomed to not embarrassing Tom, or some combination of all 3, seems to stay sober for the camera.  And that's the real problem with staying that night, I think that a combination of looking around at the women getting drunker and the potential for issues, and the fact that she can be uncomfortable in a girl crowd, are really what prompted her to leave.  Possibly even one of the progressively drunk women made a comment that made Erika feel upset- she is very easily hurt.  In fact, she seemed to have a chip on her shoulder the next morning right from the start, so I am leaning toward her feeling left out in some way the night before.

I don't think it was so she could be with her glam squad.  She looked lovely the next morning, so I have to assume that they weren't there.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I guess Harrison and Giggy didn't get the memo about them just laying around stoned and never barking.

Giggy's tongue was hanging out of his mouth while he panted.  He looked miserable.

4 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Lisa loves to hark back 30 years to when she was trying to make it! NO ONE CARES! I turn the sound down and turn away to surf online every time she does it! It's so nauseating! ;-(

I care.

• Love 10