Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Wham, Glam, Thank You Ma'am

• Start Topic

On 1/23/2018 at 8:39 PM, Jel said:

It was a weekly water cooler debate in my office on Friday mornings: which one was hotter, Jimmy Smits, Harry Hamlin or Blair Underwood.

Yep, I remember this. I initially liked Harry Hamlin the best, but later I also liked Jimmy Smits.

Blair Underwood didn't do anything for me. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1

There are people who are not necessarily good looking, but they are beautiful on the inside which makes then beautiful on the outside. PK is a narcissistic pig, and a grifter to boot. So due to his horrible personality, I have no problem with insulting his looks as well. He is as ugly on the inside as he is on the outside. For me they just blend together. YMMV of course. 

giphy.gif

Also, to PK's parents and brother, if you are reading this, I am so sorry I compared PK to boiled ham. I know it is insulting. To boiled ham.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So the acting in "American Woman" is pretty bad. How was Kyle able to sell two other TV shows, in addition to AW?

One of the other shows is called "Glass Houses".  It goes like this....

Glass Houses is a drama centered on  Anisa Shattenkirk-Glass, who opens her own real estate firm that directly competes for the Beverly Hills luxury real estate clients of her former employer, who also happens to be her mother-in-law. Anisa’s mother-in-law, Dahlia dominates the high end market in town and Anisa is taking on the family matriarch while trying to drawn in her former clients and keep them happy.

This is being marketed as being "loosely based" on Kyle's life, but of course it sounds exactly like what Mauricio went through when he went out on his own. If I had to guess, I would say some members of Kyle's family are as upset about this show as they are the other one. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

One of the other shows is called "Glass Houses".  It goes like this....

Glass Houses is a drama centered on  Anisa Shattenkirk-Glass, who opens her own real estate firm that directly competes for the Beverly Hills luxury real estate clients of her former employer, who also happens to be her mother-in-law. Anisa’s mother-in-law, Dahlia dominates the high end market in town and Anisa is taking on the family matriarch while trying to drawn in her former clients and keep them happy.

This is being marketed as being "loosely based" on Kyle's life, but of course it sounds exactly like what Mauricio went through when he went out on his own. If I had to guess, I would say some members of Kyle's family are as upset about this show as they are the other one. 

Hee! I almost expect the other show to be about a woman who joins the cast of a reality show with her sister. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

Kim has ONLY ever spoken of her mother in glowing terms, just like Kyle. Even when she was telling the story about the booth at that hotel bar, and how her mother used to take her there was she was a child, it was spoken of as a fond memory. Even when she had that fake story line with Brandi about stalking some dude (they dressed up in wigs and crap), Kim talked about doing the same with her mom and her mom's exes. And she spoke of it as though it was a great lark of her childhood and not the horrible parenting it was. 

Also, there is this false narrative that Kim somehow supported the Richards family and that is the reason for all of her dysfunction. That NEVER happened. That was speculation from an unauthorized biography of Paris Hilton called House of Hilton. The truth is that Kim and Kyle's earnings were put into a Coogan trust until they became of age and could claim it. Once Kim claimed her money from her trust, she blew through it. 

Big Kathy earned a percentage of their income as their manager - but it would never have been enough to support the family. Mainly, because Kim never earned large amounts of money as a child star - even for the time period. Kim got the "perks" of being a Disney star - horses, fame, and getting to meet famous people along with standard pay rates and anything that Kathy negotiated for her. Kathy supported the family by marrying wealth and she encouraged her daughters to do the same as they got older. Her children did not support the family financially. 

And actually House of Hilton didn't say it either.  What it DID say was that Big Kathy "played favorites" with the girls depending on who was working or not, and made barbed remarks to motivate them to get out there and hustle!

• Love 2

Hee! I almost expect the other show to be about a woman who joins the cast of a reality show with her sister. 

And her sister has substance abuse issues!

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
On 1/24/2018 at 9:01 PM, nosedive said:

High School Dorit

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 8.44.05 PM.png

Is it possible that Dorit flat-ironed (or chemically straightened) her hair so much as an adult that she is now balding, hence the wigs? I actually like the short, straight bob. But it shouldn't be so perfect, thick and severe. Otherwise, I think it is a cute look.

Which HW do you all think is or has/had the closest connection to the most impressive (former?) A-lister or B-lister? I was impressed by Kelsey Grammer and Eileen Davidson.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
7 hours ago, Snappy said:

Back in the 80's he was, when he was on LA Law. Before and since then, not so much. He was in some things, and he was with Ursula Andress (I think they have a son), but except for LAL, he was a bit player.

image.jpeg

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Impalace said:

I wonder if Dorit is jealous that Teddi's dad is a bigger rock star than Boy George. 

When Dorit introduced Teddi to the group she mentioned her father.  I think the conversation got derailed by someone other than Dorit. I don't see where it would make any difference.   John will always be Teddi's father, Boy George is essentially a talent PK manages.  The relationship between Dorit and Teddi has some real important conflicts like tardiness and wine glasses.   The only person I can remember doing a comparison between figures on the show was Season 1 Camille who compared her famous television star husband Kelsey to the local realtor Mauricio.  That didn't seem to work out too well for Camille.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

No, the worst thing he has done was steal from people in the UK and Vegas

Is there a reliable source on this?  The only thing I've seen regarding actual illegal activities is a website that looked like it was made by a conspiracy theory wackjob.  Normally I'm into that sort of thing -- I spent days reading about the Denver airport, but instead of being awesome it was a shitty Power Point presentation full of unsubstantiated rants.  It is a fact that PK filed for bankruptcy and his company went under partially because he thought Lehman Brothers wouldn't fail, but I think a lot of people were in the same boat and it isn't illegal. 

It seems like on these boards his main sins are being overweight, not conventionally attractive, and talking some shit about Erika.  If that's all it takes to be heinous and a terrible person who is irredeemably ugly inside and out then I think a lot of people would qualify. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I guess we are supposed to be impressed by Dorito taking the three million dollar car out for a test drive? (And did anyone else notice - as soon as she turned onto the street there was horn honking and a car very quickly showed up behind her. I think she cut the car behind her off). Anyhoo, since I know that Dorito and Spam are about as likely to buy a three million dollar car as I am, I just laugh at her shallowness and vacuousness. 

I was not at all impressed that LVP and Kyle were having fun filming for the cameras, and ignoring Storm who was obviously stressed at being groomed. Why prolong the poor dog's treatment so you can play up to the cameras. Stupid people.

As others have pointed out, Kyle is contradicting herself by saying the series is not based on her life, and then saying Portia will be able to get to know her grandmother through the show. I have no use for Kim, and don't know Kathy other than she is responsible for the waste of space that is Paris Hilton. But if Kyle has three shows she has sold, all based on her childhood (or not, according to Kyle) I would be pissed too. 

Someone should tell Dorito and Erika that wearing sweats with a designer name on them doesn't make them any less ugly. 

I really liked Teddy this episode. I like that she is pretty down to earth (certainly in comparison to the others) and appreciated how she was not impressed by Dorito's declaration that PK's party would be black tie. I hate that crap myself. I think Dorito should worry less about what wine glass she is drinking out of, and more about her husband's atrocious table manners. If the way he chowed down at her dinner party is any indication, his tux will need a built in bib.  

In fact, they are uglier than normal sweats.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Is there a reliable source on this?  The only thing I've seen regarding actual illegal activities is a website that looked like it was made by a conspiracy theory wackjob.  Normally I'm into that sort of thing -- I spent days reading about the Denver airport, but instead of being awesome it was a shitty Power Point presentation full of unsubstantiated rants.  It is a fact that PK filed for bankruptcy and his company went under partially because he thought Lehman Brothers wouldn't fail, but I think a lot of people were in the same boat and it isn't illegal. 

It seems like on these boards his main sins are being overweight, not conventionally attractive, and talking some shit about Erika.  If that's all it takes to be heinous and a terrible person who is irredeemably ugly inside and out then I think a lot of people would qualify. 

It sounds as if the judge and prosecutors felt like he was hiding assets in the US. I found this:

"Judge James Peck said Kemsley was a "bankrupt who does not live like one [with] ready access to abundant free cash".

According to The Times, Judge James Justice said he had lived in luxury since moving to the US - including a palatial New York apartment costing $15,000 a week to rent, and properties in Beverly Hills, Boc Raton and Hollywood." 

And this:

"He was separated from his ex-wife at the time, but papers revealed he had a New-York based girlfriend — possibly Dorit, 40. “My estranged wife currently pays for all this as I have no income,” he declared on his monthly expenses sheet totaling $34,000. He first had difficulty paying his debts in “2008 following the collapse of the Rock Group.” “The property crash led to the failure of my property development group, ‘Rock,’” he wrote in the docs. “Following this collapse, the income I have been able to generate has not been sufficient to service and repay my creditors. I have existed largely by borrowing from friends and family.” Yet, he listed that he was the Vice President of Planet Hollywood, raking in $7,800 per month and was listed in three other suits pertaining to finances at the time."

I hadn't heard that he was involved with Planet Hollywood before this. Isn't that where LVP had that party way back when? When she decided to use a different hotel from the one that Adrienne owned at the time (The Palms) because she had a good friend who offered to comp her stay at Planet Hollywood? I guess that must have been PK. 

I think the bottom line is that it all sounds rather hinky. Claiming to be bankrupt, running from his creditors in the UK, all the while living a life of luxury here in the US. And then there is the fact that it is hard to ascertain where all of this money is coming from. What does he actually do and how did he get the financing to do it if he hadn't been hiding assets? They throw around a lot of money, but where does it come from? 

Edited by gundysgirl
  • Love 4

It's like if Slade from the OC and Tareq Salahi from DC somehow had a child together, and then Russell Armstrong pre-suicide came and threw up all over that child, and that child is PK.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Do Dorit for us!!!!

It is hard because her “accent” is all over the place!  I do some accent modification for fun and I live in Dubai so I’m around people from all over the world. I work with Brits and it isn’t a British accent. It also seems to have changed between last season and this season (of course, I’m remembering last season off of memory so I should find a video clip to confirm).  Now it is really just weird stress patterns, elongations, and distorted vowels.  The main thing to get down those is to be a coked up, heinous witch.  She is truly awful this season and I didn’t like her last season!

I also feel like she is really trying to play up a FASHION card this season.  She’s kind of doing a weird and creepy “I’m going to peel off your skin and wear it” thing towards Ericka.  I don’t remember her doing FASHION last season (and she didn’t do the wigs) except for the golden goose shit in her hair.

• Love 2

Teddy is so normal that the other women look even more nuts by comparison. 

Erika tries too hard. Her too cool for school attitude and slutty showgirl persona is all a big act to cover up her insecurities. It’s boring. 

I was not amused by LVP goofing with Kyle while her frightened dog stressed out. LVP seems to be slipping ever so slightly in the self awareness department. 

I could not stop staring at the photo of young Dorit posted up thread. No wonder she won’t let anyone give her a facial ( on camera)~ she is worried the facade she has lacquered on will come off! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

I hadn't heard that he was involved with Planet Hollywood before this. Isn't that where LVP had that party way back when? When she decided to use a different hotel from the one that Adrienne owned at the time (The Palms) because she had a good friend who offered to comp her stay at Planet Hollywood? I guess that must have been PK. 

Lisa is good friends with the owner at the time, Robert Earl

http://news.lalate.com/2011/11/28/robert-earl-of-planet-hollywood-revealed-in-adrienne-maloof-lisa-vanderpump-vegas-drama/

• Love 1

Hammer, don't hurt 'em with the truth now.

If getting a nose job makes one fake, then Adrienne is the fakest fake who ever faked, because she practically had a face transplant...

Adrienne-Maloof-Plastic-Surgery-Nose-Job

• Love 4

I've been served Prosecco in a typical champagne flute not only at your neighborhood bar/restaurant but also at some pricey establishments.  My understanding is that Prosecco is a sparkling wine but is not Champagne so is that the wrong glass?  I would prefer a goblet just because it holds more but then I am a Commoner.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

Thank you, nosedive, for this. But...This. Is. Impossible.  Cover up any part of her face and it’s been changed in ways not explainable by changes in weight or growing older.  She is really fake. 

Everything about her is fake, inside and out.  Why someone would "reinvent" herself into an utter twat is puzzling.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

It sounds as if the judge and prosecutors felt like he was hiding assets in the US. I found this:

"Judge James Peck said Kemsley was a "bankrupt who does not live like one [with] ready access to abundant free cash".

According to The Times, Judge James Justice said he had lived in luxury since moving to the US - including a palatial New York apartment costing $15,000 a week to rent, and properties in Beverly Hills, Boc Raton and Hollywood." 

And this:

"He was separated from his ex-wife at the time, but papers revealed he had a New-York based girlfriend — possibly Dorit, 40. “My estranged wife currently pays for all this as I have no income,” he declared on his monthly expenses sheet totaling $34,000. He first had difficulty paying his debts in “2008 following the collapse of the Rock Group.” “The property crash led to the failure of my property development group, ‘Rock,’” he wrote in the docs. “Following this collapse, the income I have been able to generate has not been sufficient to service and repay my creditors. I have existed largely by borrowing from friends and family.” Yet, he listed that he was the Vice President of Planet Hollywood, raking in $7,800 per month and was listed in three other suits pertaining to finances at the time."

I think the bottom line is that it all sounds rather hinky. Claiming to be bankrupt, running from his creditors in the UK, all the while living a life of luxury here in the US. And then there is the fact that it is hard to ascertain where all of this money is coming from. What does he actually do and how did he get the financing to do it if he hadn't been hiding assets? They throw around a lot of money, but where does it come from? 

I saw that and wasn't scandalized by him having a job during bankruptcy, but was shocked that the VP of Planet Hollywood would make less than $100k per year.  But maybe that was just cash compensation and the rest of his package was RSUs that were not vested or something because $7,800/mo seems pretty low.  I mean $7,800 a month isn't exactly raking it in.  I do agree though that it was shady to be spending $34k per month on a lavish lifestyle of leased palatial estates while in BK.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I saw that and wasn't scandalized by him having a job during bankruptcy, but was shocked that the VP of Planet Hollywood would make less than $100k per year.  But maybe that was just cash compensation and the rest of his package was RSUs that were not vested or something because $7,800/mo seems pretty low.  I mean $7,800 a month isn't exactly raking it in.  I do agree though that it was shady to be spending $34k per month on a lavish lifestyle of leased palatial estates while in BK.

That's true, especially if it's before taxes.  

• Love 1

The smell of bovine fecal matter is strong with this one.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Jel said:

That's true, especially if it's before taxes.  

Even it was take home it'd be a low salary for that position if it was total compensation - likely under $150k.  Rest of compensation had to have been in the form of bonuses, stock, etc.  Which I guess works out when you have to list your monthly income on a BK worksheet.

5 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I also feel like she is really trying to play up a FASHION card this season.  She’s kind of doing a weird and creepy “I’m going to peel off your skin and wear it” thing towards Ericka.  I don’t remember her doing FASHION last season (and she didn’t do the wigs) except for the golden goose shit in her hair.

She did the wigs and the fashion thing last season, but she was less vocal about it. Kyle even noted that she couldn't figure out how Dorit's hair length kept rapidly changing. I think Dorit has been feeling herself because last season Erika was all "fashion, fashion, fashion, labels, labels, labels", but many viewers thought Erika looked a mess and Dorit often dressed better. I remember Dorit's Overboard realness outfit at her lunch with Eileen and Rinna that was fire. Dorit also wore that amazing fringed Alaia belt that all of the women "ohh-ed and ahh-ed" over. Even that gold leaf hair thing was having a moment on the runways. Dorit's real style problem is that she often takes style inspiration from the fashion runways without realizing that she has to dial back the theatricality (It's also Erika's problem too). She was much better at it last season. This season, Dorit has a lot more misses.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, BBHN said:

It's like if Slade from the OC and Tareq Salahi from DC somehow had a child together, and then Russell Armstrong pre-suicide came and threw up all over that child, and that child is PK.

Why did you have to remind me of that buffoon???? I'd all but forgotten about him. 

5 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

She's definitely trying harder this year. It's like she's trying to prove a point. Whereas with Erika, even if I don't like 80% of the shit she wears, I feel like she honestly just enjoys it. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

about a woman who joins the cast of a reality show with her sister. 

Called "Reel Housewives" -- and one of the lead characters is named Beverly Hills ;)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

She did the wigs and the fashion thing last season, but she was less vocal about it. Kyle even noted that she couldn't figure out how Dorit's hair length kept rapidly changing. I think Dorit has been feeling herself because last season Erika was all "fashion, fashion, fashion, labels, labels, labels", but many viewers thought Erika looked a mess and Dorit often dressed better. I remember Dorit's Overboard realness outfit at her lunch with Eileen and Rinna that was fire. Dorit also wore that amazing fringed Alaia belt that all of the women "ohh-ed and ahh-ed" over. Even that gold leaf hair thing was having a moment on the runways. Dorit's real style problem is that she often takes style inspiration from the fashion runways without realizing that she has to dial back the theatricality (It's also Erika's problem too). She was much better at it last season. This season, Dorit has a lot more misses.

Dorit's fashion choices definitely yielded a lot more hits than misses last year.  I think that's why it is so noticeable this year, her batting average has slumped hardcore.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So the acting in "American Woman" is pretty bad. How was Kyle able to sell two other TV shows, in addition to AW?

You are being too kind.  My son's middle school rendition of The Music Man, with a lead who couldn't carry a tune with a bucket, was better than that. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

What can they do when the cartilage collapses?

According to my extensive study at Botched University, under the tutelage of Professor Nassif, they can take cartilage from the ear or rib to make a graft, or in more extreme cases use cadavar donor cartilage.

On another note, I'm now strongly suspicious that Kyle's floor remodel was to get the house ready to sell after her dogs ruined it, especially the foyer where the pack charged the front door. Even if the Encino deal wasn't done when the floors were installed, they might have had a good idea that a move was coming.

• Love 11

I don't drink alcohol, but everything else I drink is in a Tervis tumbler.  By Dorit's standards, I guess I'd be considered low-rent!  ;)

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:24 PM, dosodog said:

May I suggest walking around with a tiny, tiny little puppy in a button up shirt.  Long enough for the tiny tiny puppy to fall asleep?

Ken and that puppy was the cutest thing ever!  That puppy was completely at ease tucked away in his shirt!  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mytmo said:

Good to know.

Next time I get my Prosecco in a Flute I will throw a fit like Dorit and demand a Tulip.

I'm better off being at home sticking my head under the spigot of my boxed selection.

Does YOURMOMISEASY even realize what she has done to me?  Just when I thought I had all the right wine glasses and now I have to buy tulip glasses, why do things keep happen to me, first I couldn't dock in St. Tropez due to weather and now this!

• Love 8

Meh.  I know there's a right glass, but I don't want to store them so I've got flutes and whatever red wine glasses were on sale at Macy's when I was 22.  But I guess I reserve my right to be a hypocrite and scream like a banshee when you serve me in the wrong glass. 

My nephew, being a young lad of exceptional tastes, refuses to drink his bubbly holiday concoctions out of anything other than an acrylic skull goblet.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 15
On 24/01/2018 at 10:15 AM, TattleTeeny said:

I try not to get too charged up over this because it is so common but it is annoying, not only in its widespreadedness (haha, I think I made that up!) but in its misuse. First of all, yeah, that "am OCD" usage is dumb. Second, being neat, even to the point of rigidity, is not proof of OCD. Conversely, not all OCD manifests in neatness; it can totally be the opposite. And as a person who's been diagnosed with it--and also a neat person--I thank the gods that mine does not manifest in messy ways. It's like people somehow decided that "being OCD [but not really]" makes them special/quirky in some way.

Agree 100%.  EVERYONE is OCD these days, such bullshit.  Reminds me of people who have "migraines"  Migraines are serious business but people just throw the word around haphazardly.  Most people just have a ad headache.  Gets me revved everytime I hear it.   Widespreadedness....great word btw

• Love 7

My next door neighbor, who I adore, invited me over for some sparkling wine, and served it in a Pilsner glass,  She quickly explained she thought flutes were too small and she liked a glass 3/4 full.  Guess what when she comes over I whip out the Pilsners for sparkling wine or champagne.   I applaud her ingenuity.

As someone who feels downright confused and scandalized if I am served a G&T in anything but a pint glass, I applaud her too! 

My nephew, being a young lad of exceptional tastes, refuses to drink his bubbly holiday concoctions out of anything other than an acrylic skull goblet.

Also, I am completely on board with this despite being a 46-year-old woman.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

They both have terrible taste, especially Erika, but they cracked me up when they went to Vegas or wherever and spent the morning gambling. They both had on the craziest outfits. It worked for that but they seriously need a makeover. Especially Erika!

• Love 5