Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Wham, Glam, Thank You Ma'am

• Start Topic

On 1/25/2018 at 10:24 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Her accent is almost like she is trying to imitate Bette Davis.   

It reminds me of when an actor in a movie is supposed to convey a general sense of fancy or pompous or worldly or something, but without any real details as to that character's actual origin. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

It reminds me of when an actor in a movie is supposed to convey a general sense of fancy or pompous or worldly or something, but without any real details as to that character's actual origin. 

I can hear Dorit in Tommy Wiseau

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'm thinking more like Keanu in Dracula, ahahhahahahaaa! Though he wasn't supposed to be any of those three things I mentioned, so who knows how my brain works anyway...

Watch the Disaster Artist

Tommy....I am no vee lin, I am hear oh - Classic Dorit

• Love 2
On 25/01/2018 at 8:03 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Most women who dye their hair blond are not going through the process as often as needed to not have black roots, because if you did you'd lose more of your natural hair from the chemical stripping process. Hair growth is constant so even after a week or two - those roots are coming in - and no one dyes their hair every week.

Wigs such as toppers in blond - have the dark roots as they are meant to fall over and blend with your real hair/part. It is also more natural looking to your scalp so that the cap isn't obvious. A flesh colored cap is easier to detect

Aren’t dark roots why highlights were invented? 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

It's got a touch of old school prep-school Mid-Atlantic with a tiny bit of Locust Valley Lockjaw.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

I think it started 10-20 years ago with some lazy stars who made it fashionable to have dark roots; Heather Locklear at the top of the list! I bleached my hair for a good 5 years and it's taken it's toll; esp. where I placed my ponytail! I was going every 2-3 weeks to keep it up! It's been devastating to my hairline! lol! ;-)

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Yes but the damage done by excessive dying especially a natural brunette to blond can be extreme. I've never dyed my hair blond but from my friends that have - they have to strip your hair first so that the blond can "take". The process thins your hair and over time the hair is brittle. It breaks off, lots of bald spots, and receding hair lines.

• Love 3

Look at the wigs on RHOA-all dark rooted blonde wigs.  I don't get it I think it is a trend like ombre.  Erika doesn't do it-thank you, but it is a trend.  RHOC, the original bleached blondes don't do it. Dorit's Dutch Boy wig was way too severe.  The only two with somewhat natural hair are Kyle and Rinna and now Rinna is sporting extensions.  I believe the extensions flattered Rinna as the detracted from her over blown lips.   Last season Kyle cut her hair and put highlights in and she said it damaged her hair.    

• Love 4
On 1/23/2018 at 7:20 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ha, ha, ha! 

"Hi, Dorit. Just scratched my elbow."

"Hi, Dorit. Just noticed I need to buy more milk."

That was edited out.  Duh! 

Teddi is new.  Next time she will text,  "Hi Dorit.  I just parked my car at the restaurant"

Two minutes later... "Hi Dorit,  i just sat down at the restaurant where we agreed to meet at 4pm PST. Sorry to be late.  It is now 4:02pm. PST"

Damn,  just realized Teddi was the one who was late.  

• Love 2
On 1/25/2018 at 9:58 AM, diadochokinesis said:

It is hard because her “accent” is all over the place!  I do some accent modification for fun and I live in Dubai so I’m around people from all over the world. I work with Brits and it isn’t a British accent. It also seems to have changed between last season and this season (of course, I’m remembering last season off of memory so I should find a video clip to confirm).  Now it is really just weird stress patterns, elongations, and distorted vowels.  The main thing to get down those is to be a coked up, heinous witch.  She is truly awful this season and I didn’t like her last season!

That's all I thought it was last year!

8 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

That's what Charmian Carr said the kids in The Sound of Music were taught (in her book Forever Leisl):

"Pamela Danova was responsible for teaching us what she called a mid-Atlantic accent.  Though we were playing Austrians, we were to speak in a cross between a British accent and an American one.  We had to sound educated and aristocratic.  I made careful notes on my copy of the script, notes that are still there in the margins and among the lines of dialogue.  'Father' was to be pronounced "Fatha'.  'France' became 'Frahnce'"

I guess it's harder for Dorit without coaching and script notes :D

• Love 7

If Dorit wants to be British so very badly she needs to take an lesson from The Queen. During a palace dinner a visiting foreigner drank from the finger bowl. Eyes went to The Queen to see what she would do. She reached for her finger bowl and drank from hers. That's is graciousness.  

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Shopgirl406 said:

She reached for her finger bowl and drank from hers.

Dorit to Her Majesty: "Pardon, Ma'am -- I think you're using the wrong sized finger bowl."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Shopgirl406 said:

If Dorit wants to be British so very badly she needs to take an lesson from The Queen. During a palace dinner a visiting foreigner drank from the finger bowl. Eyes went to The Queen to see what she would do. She reached for her finger bowl and drank from hers. That's is graciousness.  

I heard the story was at the Russian court and a well decorated and successful general who had come from simple origins mistakenly drank from the finger bowl. Everyone looked at the czar expecting him to ridicule the rough general. The czar, without a word, picked up his finger bowl and drank from it. All the courtiers followed suit.
I think your story and mine are made up.
Wow, I did a little searching and this story has made the rounds! http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=102;t=000234

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

I heard the story was at the Russian court and a well decorated and successful general who had come from simple origins mistakenly drank from the finger bowl. Everyone looked at the czar expecting him to ridicule the rough general. The czar, without a word, picked up his finger bowl and drank from it. All the courtiers followed suit.
I think your story and mine are made up.
Wow, I did a little searching and this story has made the rounds! http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=102;t=000234

Ha as soon as I read that story I was like “hmmm that sounds like an urban legend.” Thanks for confirming! 

On 1/24/2018 at 9:01 PM, nosedive said:

High School Dorit

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 8.44.05 PM.png

Whoa. Are we sure that’s really her? Because if so...  damn. There’s really nothing left of the original Dorit. The version we’re seeing on tv today is completely man made. 

• Love 7
On 1/24/2018 at 4:57 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Yep, he was my TV boyfriend for several years and replaced by Michael Moriarty when Law and Order debuted in 1990.....

Absolutely - loved Arnie, and Ben Stone was the bomb. I was so excited when the state's attorney on the Chicago shows was determined to be his son (then sad Chicago Justice was canceled, and eagerly awaiting Peter Stone's appearance on SVU...)

• Love 1

Dorit looked like a mental patient from an old movie with that haircut/wig     The bob was way too short    

I don’t like the way Teddy waves her hands around when she talks in her talking heads    And she has some kind of clenched mouth/thick body builder neck thing going on that annoys me, but damn if her body didn’t look awesome in that white gauzy two piece outfit she wore to her party      Wtf pants did Camille show up in?   They were terrible   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, wallofsound said:

I don’t like the way Teddy waves her hands around when she talks in her talking heads    And she has some kind of clenched mouth/thick body builder neck thing going on that annoys me, but damn if her body didn’t look awesome in that white gauzy two piece outfit she wore to her party      Wtf pants did Camille show up in?   They were terrible   

Yes. I have been trying to figure out what it is about her interviews that is so distracting to me. It is the way she moves her hands. She has a lovely body, and I think she is really pretty, but something about the way she moves her hands and her shoulders distracts me tremendously. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

Yes. I have been trying to figure out what it is about her interviews that is so distracting to me. It is the way she moves her hands. She has a lovely body, and I think she is really pretty, but something about the way she moves her hands and her shoulders distracts me tremendously. 

I don't know if it's her hands or the way she moves them, but her talking heads always remind me of the Man Hands episode of Seinfeld.  They have a kind of "meatiness" about them, imo.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

I've said this in previous threads, but Teddi's hand gestured remind me very much of Kate Gosselin. It makes it hard for me to watch her, even though I don't dislike her. 

• Love 2

So Kylie. She said in her talking head re Dorit, "There is Dorit on her own and Dorit with a couple of shots of tequila in her. It's like her talkative evil twin." But then when Camille references Dorit's drinking that night, Kyle said she would never talk about someone's drinking. But she totally did! Super casually. She's sooooo phoney sometimes. 

Teddi looks like her dad likes to buy real estate. I read somewhere that her current home is owned through a trust she's associated with. http://variety.com/2018/dirt/real-estalker/john-mellencamp-live-work-lower-manhattan-1202667534/

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-megan-ellison-hollywood-20180104-story.html

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 3

Word to above about Kyle's double-talk. I get that substance abuse is a painful topic to talk about, especially when it strikes close to home. I know because it's happened in my own family. However, there is a huge difference between making an honest statement that somebody had too much to drink vs. saying something directly about specific person's drinking/drug problem, behavior, etc. to either them or a close friend or family member. Camille* just made an honest and accurate statement about Dorit's behavior at Kyle's dinner party. For Kyle to then joke about Dorit's drinking after the fact is hypocritical. I know that the THs are filmed out of sequence. Also, was Kyle serious when she naively said that Dorit had "a lot energy?" She, of all people, should recognize that it wasn't drinking rose' from a champagne glass that had Dor-twit so wound up. That bird was about to spin off her axis. I am not going to speculate what she'd taken because I have no idea.

*I wasn't watching during the years that Camille was on but is she always that mellow? I thought she was way to easy on Dor-twit.  That wasn't even an apology. It was just a bunch of double-talk, fake amnesia and deflection.

I don't necessarily dislike PK based on his looks. It's the whole package -- manners, pompous behavior, pretentiousness, overly involved in his wife's social life, etc.  I can't believe he has a twin. Dear God ...

I am tired of late-gate and not sure if I'm liking Teddy or not. It's too bad that Andy can't do some show-swapping because I think a Teddy and Tinsley (from RHoNYC) would be a good swap. I'd also love for Drunk Dorinda to drop in at one of the dinner parties and lay out Dorit. Dorit wouldn't know what hit her and I can see her blinking and hear her stammering. Luann and LVP can size each other up all evening without exchanging a single word.

• Love 3
On 1/26/2018 at 12:11 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Exactly. Used to be called a "continental accent" in a character breakdown (and perhaps still is.) 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, grisgris said:

I'd also love for Drunk Dorinda to drop in at one of the dinner parties and lay out Dorit. Dorit wouldn't know what hit her and I can see her blinking and hear her stammering. 

Talk about someone who’s earned a CLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPP!!!!

• Love 14
13 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I've said this in previous threads, but Teddi's hand gestured remind me very much of Kate Gosselin. It makes it hard for me to watch her, even though I don't dislike her. 

Again? Really? I like Teddi so please stop with the reminders, okay??? ;)

IMO Teddi is taking testosterone supplementation. She has that masculinized look around her mouth that women get with testosterone supplementation. Tamara has it too.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

Always thinking of on-camera PR, Harry idly ponders whether his girls are safe on their own in NYC. But is apparently footing the bill. Lisa cools her mania long enough to acknowledge Harry's concerns, then rushes pell mell into "they're adults, what are you gonna do, it's life" and so on. If she had to row a boat across the desert to get the girls in front of agents and a TV, she'd do it. They should require that the girls attend college and get decent grades in exchange for footing the bill.

Kyle is constantly sending mixed messages about her mother. One moment wistfully remembering old times, another moment reminding us that she had a Mommie Dearest Lite. She's trying to re-write history with her TV shows.

It's weird that Dorit's behavior is making PK look good.

Erika is annoyed she's having to slow down in her shopping and hanging with her glam squad long enough to peek in on her injured hubby.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Higgins said:

IMO Teddi is taking testosterone supplementation. She has that masculinized look around her mouth that women get with testosterone supplementation. Tamara has it too.

I saw this and thought of Teddi and the hand movements-also reminded me of Rinna's kids:  

• Love 1
On 1/26/2018 at 2:11 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Yes. She doesn't sound British to me. It's that she over E-NUN-CIATES EVERY WORD. Kind of like those annoying twins on PR last season.

• Love 8

Dear Every Bravo cast member,

Being a persnickety bitch is not the same thing as having OCD.

Thank you.

They all do this this thing of claiming to have OCD when they really just mean high maintenance spoiled brat and then they giggle as if it’s just so adorable. Even Teddi now. Hiring a florist so your party is pretty is not OCD. And why do they all think it would just be so charming to have OCD? 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Dear Every Bravo cast member,

Being a persnickety bitch is not the same thing as having OCD.

Thank you.

They all do this this thing of claiming to have OCD when they really just mean high maintenance spoiled brat and then they giggle as if it’s just so adorable. Even Teddi now. Hiring a florist so your party is pretty is not OCD. And why do they all think it would just be so charming to have OCD? 

What type of meds are issued for OCD?  100% serious -- a few years ago, there was a huge rise in ADD diagnoses, the meds for which are often effective in suppressing the appetite.

• Love 5

Dorit's Dutch Boy wig was way too severe. 

I agree, but that cut is very much the trend for 2018. Given Dorit was sporting it last year, it can't be said that she's not style-forward.

I agree, but that cut is very much the trend for 2018. Given Dorit was sporting it last year, it can't be said that she's not style-forward.

So we're going to be seeing more women sporting Dorit's shitty hairstyles? Gawd this will be a rough year for women's hairstyles...

• Love 4
On 1/28/2018 at 3:04 AM, Higgins said:

Hmm, testosterone changes the mouth? I thought she just inherited her dad’s jaw!

2 hours ago, SCS said:

What type of meds are issued for OCD?  100% serious -- a few years ago, there was a huge rise in ADD diagnoses, the meds for which are often effective in suppressing the appetite.

Anti-depressants. Nothing with "fun" side effects. 

• Love 1

I think I shall become a stylist...apparently there are no requirements for this job.

And you might even get your pic on a pillow!

~ Mikey, #1 stylist of famewhoring trophy wives

• Love 8
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:32 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

Is there a reliable source on this?  The only thing I've seen regarding actual illegal activities is a website that looked like it was made by a conspiracy theory wackjob.  Normally I'm into that sort of thing -- I spent days reading about the Denver airport, but instead of being awesome it was a shitty Power Point presentation full of unsubstantiated rants.  It is a fact that PK filed for bankruptcy and his company went under partially because he thought Lehman Brothers wouldn't fail, but I think a lot of people were in the same boat and it isn't illegal. 

It seems like on these boards his main sins are being overweight, not conventionally attractive, and talking some shit about Erika.  If that's all it takes to be heinous and a terrible person who is irredeemably ugly inside and out then I think a lot of people would qualify. 

He's ALL of this and also a major douche.

• Love 4

A major douche and fired from his stint on The Apprentice because of the fraud. Bankruptcy and all of the $$$$$ his took for a bogus soccer business. Vegas money he took knowing full well he had filed for bankruptcy. PK makes me want to blow chow every time his fugly mug is on my tv screen. ....and I'm being nice

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

After a third watch I hate Dorit even more, stop playing with that ugly rat on your head, and all the proper glass talk....she’s a total dick. 

But she’s the first one - the very first one (in a fake British accent) - to apologize if she ever hurt anyone, which she of course would never mean to do!