Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

All about Meghan.......she’s basically getting slammed on this one:

4CF95F40-1E9C-4B4D-962D-6B4681B0AFB0.jpeg

Why can't she just be happy for someone else? OK Meghan it's not something you want but if someone else wants that it has nothing to do with you.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Why can't she just be happy for someone else? OK Meghan it's not something you want but if someone else wants that it has nothing to do with you.

she just wanted to get more exposure, must miss the limelight

• Love 8

I posted a comment to her hologram tweet that she once again has made something all about herself.  She never fails to make it all about her.  I sure as hell hope she's not back next week.  I'm stressed enough without her adding to my angst.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I agree. For many people this would be the most moving gift ever. Kim was only 23 when her father passed. I think I'd personally appreciate something like this myself. 

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of the Kardashians, but Drama Queen doesn't need to bring up dead father again. It's like Meghan is the only one allowed to have a dead father. 

It'll be interesting to see if she shows up next for week for the election especially since she can do it from home. You know she wants us mere mortals to hear her expert political opinions. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree. For many people this would be the most moving gift ever. Kim was only 23 when her father passed. I think I'd personally appreciate something like this myself. 

Actually, the hologram got pretty cringe-worthy when it got to the point where Kim's father  had elaborate praise for Kanye.  

But yeah, Megan sees it as somehow reflecting on her, since she's president of the "dead father's  club."  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

What Megan does, relate anything back to her terrible loss, is not normal.   Neither is her insistence that one particular form of cancer is worse than another.  

I think we all know Meghan only thinks brain cancer is the worst because it was what her dad died of.  If he had died of colon cancer or pancreatic cancer they would be the worst.

She turned what was a birthday gift for someone else into something about her. I wonder if she will let her daughter celebrate things without stealing the spotlight. 

• Love 10
On 10/26/2020 at 7:31 PM, bannana said:

Posting this because she describes women being cut open (which is very graphic and horror story-like), which made we wonder whether she had a caesarean. Because if so her recovery time would be longer. And maybe she won't be returning in time for the election. One can hope.

Meghan could have had a caesarean. While hardly decrepit, she's over 35, and I swear sometimes it feels like doctors perform C-sections on famous women more often. On the other hand, Meghan is melodramatic enough to refer to an episiotomy as being "cut open." 

I've decided to go with your C-section theory, @bannana, because it suits my hopeful outlook that she'll be gone from The View as long as possible.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, ginger90 said:

Here's how I feel about Meghan's comment. Privately, I agree with it. That Robert Kardashian hologram was one of the more cringe-worthy things I've seen in a while, but Meghan is 36 years old. She ought to know by now to keep her mouth shut about something like this.

The hologram doesn't hurt anyone. It obviously meant a lot to Kim, or she would have kept it private. It's not like it affects anyone but Kim's own family in any way. Meghan really ought to know to keep her lips zipped, giving how public she still is about her grief over her own loss.

21 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Just to reflect on Megan's obsession with talking about her father's death -  my dad died recently.  He had a long life, and died, not unexpecedly, of cancer.  we knew it was coming, and he knew it was coming.  He wasn't a public figure, he was just a man.   No, I do not think about him every day - i have other things going on.  I don't know how many days it's been since he died, because I  barely know what day it is today.  I don't talk about him much, I don't post on social media about him (except this one time).   I cannot imagine that a year from now, or two years, i will  be obsessing over his death, counting the days, wishing he were here.  Once in a while I forget, and want to take him something, or call him and then I remember that he's gone.    There is a cycle, birth, childhood, adulthood, career, family, death.  it is inevitable after a certain age.  You have a memorial service, you move on, especially when the person is elderly and ill.   What Megan does, relate anything back to her terrible loss, is not normal.   Neither is her insistence that one particular form of cancer is worse than another.  

@tinkerbell, I am so sorry for your loss.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Here's how I feel about Meghan's comment. Privately, I agree with it. That Robert Kardashian hologram was one of the more cringe-worthy things I've seen in a while, but Meghan is 36 years old. She ought to know by now to keep her mouth shut about something like this.

The hologram doesn't hurt anyone. It obviously meant a lot to Kim, or she would have kept it private. It's not like it affects anyone but Kim's own family in any way. Meghan really ought to know to keep her lips zipped, giving how public she still is about her grief over her own loss.

@tinkerbell, I am so sorry for your loss.

Oh Tinkerbell, I am very sorry, my condolences

• Love 6

Thanks for the condolences.  It means a lot to me.  

The instagram picture posted above -  the pumpkin redition of a mom pumping breast milk while the baby cries -   Sorry, but WHY?  pick up the baby and FEED HER.   I'm sure I"m reading too much into a photo, that was just my reaction.  

• Love 13
5 hours ago, General Days said:

Meghan could have had a caesarean. While hardly decrepit, she's over 35, and I swear sometimes it feels like doctors perform C-sections on famous women more often. On the other hand, Meghan is melodramatic enough to refer to an episiotomy as being "cut open." 

She most likely had a C-section because in some hospitals more than 70% of births occur via C-section.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Thanks for the condolences.  It means a lot to me.  

The instagram picture posted above -  the pumpkin redition of a mom pumping breast milk while the baby cries -   Sorry, but WHY?  pick up the baby and FEED HER.   I'm sure I"m reading too much into a photo, that was just my reaction.  

Because one again it's all about Meghan.  Yeah my baby is crying but look at me pumping breast milk.   Life is soooooo hard.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Best news I've heard lately, another week without Missy!  If she took 10X the normal bereavement leave for Daddy, will Ms. Privilege take 10X the normal maternity leave? I certainly hope so.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 18
On 10/31/2020 at 1:38 PM, tinkerbell said:

Just to reflect on Megan's obsession with talking about her father's death -  my dad died recently.  He had a long life, and died, not unexpecedly, of cancer.  we knew it was coming, and he knew it was coming.  He wasn't a public figure, he was just a man.   No, I do not think about him every day - i have other things going on.  I don't know how many days it's been since he died, because I  barely know what day it is today.  I don't talk about him much, I don't post on social media about him (except this one time).   I cannot imagine that a year from now, or two years, i will  be obsessing over his death, counting the days, wishing he were here.  Once in a while I forget, and want to take him something, or call him and then I remember that he's gone.    There is a cycle, birth, childhood, adulthood, career, family, death.  it is inevitable after a certain age.  You have a memorial service, you move on, especially when the person is elderly and ill.   What Megan does, relate anything back to her terrible loss, is not normal.   Neither is her insistence that one particular form of cancer is worse than another.  

I’m so sorry Tinker. 

image.gif.ef7322b09b1b5954b73ab936ffe19032.gif

• Love 5

I must say I'm surprised she's taking extended leave.  I believe early on she mentioned being on maternity leave for several weeks which made me believe she fully intended to be back by election day. 

This will also give her cover from disclosing who she decided to vote for.  I also remember her saying everyone would know who she was endorsing prior to election day.  Never happened.  Unless she tweets some sort of endorsement, which I doubt she will do.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, JayD83 said:

She just doesn't want to face everyone if her side loses.  She's not fooling me.  

She also probably doesn't want anyone asking her about any family members either.  

No matter who wins Meghan will say I told  you so.  Even though she really didn't.  

• Love 15
On 11/4/2020 at 9:36 AM, Pearson80 said:

Megan is an insufferable bitch, motherhood has not soften her at all.. I am just over her now and always...

Motherhood and its side effects will be a perpetual ace in the hole. She will play it during every dumb, stupid, entitled, poorly reasoned moment she creates for herself now and forever, amen. 

The degree of my dislike for her is attained by very few. She is quite close to the top of my long but distinguished shit list. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 18

2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

John McCain had 7 children, his two oldest, Doug and Andrew were adopted by John after he married their mother Carol.  Carol and John then had Sidney.  John and Carol divorced, then he married Cindy.  They had Megan, John, and James,  Then they adopted Bridget. 

I found it very interesting about Meghan's siblings.  When I was in grade 7, I got a Peanuts note pad saying "There is no greater burden than that of a great potential". It struck me that this is maybe what Meghan felt. Feels but is having trouble reaching it.

She's the eldest of the children from McCain's marriage with Cindy and she was important, being interviewed from an early age about her father and politics.  She has a degree from Columbia but hasn't done much other than The View.. John and James both found  a place for themselves in the military, Bridget is going into teaching like Cindy. It seems like they've found their places while Meg hasn't.

Meghan doesn't have the complexity of Ana, the ability to have conservative values but be flexible when it's needed which is why Ana is a better host for the show. I don't know if Meghan knows that, or understand why. It feels to me like Meghan doesn't get the status she's looking for and she's fumbling around trying to get it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/2/2020 at 5:28 PM, Badbea99 said:

I must say I'm surprised she's taking extended leave.  I believe early on she mentioned being on maternity leave for several weeks which made me believe she fully intended to be back by election day. 

If she was going to show up, she would have done it by now. Since her team lost, she has no reason to come back early.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 9
On 10/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, ginger90 said:

I’m with Meghan on this one(️).  I personally find it appalling, especially since the narcissist forced her “father” to praise the unstable genius. No thanks. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I’m with Meghan on this one(️).  I personally find it appalling, especially since the narcissist forced her “father” to praise the unstable genius. No thanks. 

Same here, I am team Megan on this one, that is  just too creepy for me.

Whitney Houston's family wanted to do a series of concerts charging the public with a hologram of Whitney singing her hits, that was beyond the pale.  Unfortunately, her family always seemed to be greedy money-grubbers cashing in on her fame and death..

• Love 4

I have never heard anyone refer to themselves as a political analyst.   Including actual political analysts.

Meghan can try all she wants but when anyone wants to describe her they are going to say View cohost or more likely daughter of John McCain. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12