Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:58 AM, 123DCCWoooo said:

I was never a Danielle fan. That hair of hers was terrible, even after her rookie "makeover."  I think she should have been shown the door after her awful second season audition, and even if they wanted to cut her a little slack for being injured during auditions, she was not any better in camp (and Kitty rightfully called her out for being "sloppy and lazy"). Amazing  what being Kelli's favorite can do for a mediocre candidate.

I too never saw the appeal of Danielle.  I'm not exactly sure how to put this but here goes...  Some women's faces just

make them look heavy.  That makes no sense, right? Maybe it's having full cheeks or something.  Crissy Teigan is an example.  In no universe could anyone say she is heavy but if you just saw her face you'd think her body was on the larger side.  Same with Danielle.  I'd see a close up picture of her and then when they'd show a full body shot I'd think, "Ok, she's not heavy after all."

• Love 5

When i first discovered DCC and the show, it was around season 8. I didn't get Danielle's appeal at all. I thought she looked boring and like a chipmunk. But over the years she became more refined and sexier and ended up being one of my favourites. I think she nailed the girl next door look but with a whole lot of sexiness. Her eyes are amazing. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Who is that behind Khalyn with the horrific hair? 

You mean the one behind Yuko? Thats Molly. Her hair is so bad there. Sometimes I think she looks stunning and othertimes, not so much..

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

You mean the one behind Yuko? Thats Molly. Her hair is so bad there. Sometimes I think she looks stunning and othertimes, not so much..

Yep, that’s who I meant. I don’t understand. I think she’s stunning too, but that hair looks so bad in photos. Like a wig. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

She needs to take the bump it Gina's using in that mess and get some volume. Some girls just have naturally flat hair. Instead of "makeovers", I'd like to see more of a styling session catered to each girl. Not every girl can style and curl the same way and it'd be more beneficial than "Here's a subtle dye job, off you go".

• Love 4
11 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Her hair always looks bad (to me). She always looks...wet.

11 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

She needs to take the bump it Gina's using in that mess and get some volume. Some girls just have naturally flat hair. Instead of "makeovers", I'd like to see more of a styling session catered to each girl. Not every girl can style and curl the same way and it'd be more beneficial than "Here's a subtle dye job, off you go".

Oh Gina looks very dated here too. This doesn't work either for her hair. She needs to figure it out.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Haha yes she is. So conveniently located to The Star!

TOTALLY off topic, but geez, traffic around there must be like your worst nightmare multiplied by 20!

Also off topic, I hope she doesn't leave her purse in the cart while she steps away from the cart & shops!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

The twitter account posted several videos today. 

I was overwhelmed with the number of videos on twitter or was it Instagram today.  The DCC have never posted so many videos in such a short period of time.  We've had a dearth of videos and now the flood gates are opened!

12 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I was overwhelmed with the number of videos on twitter or was it Instagram today.  The DCC have never posted so many videos in such a short period of time.  We've had a dearth of videos and now the flood gates are opened!

Trying to get everyone to be on board with how amazing they are lol ????

• Love 2

I can't tell I'm my phone from those videos but is Robin in the triangle? Where is Lacy? That's Jenna to Kashara's left, correct?

Also in that first one - why does everyone think Stephanie is weak? She's pretty good. Mollie and Gina are the two who I think need some OMPH. The video with Kalyssa - she made show group on looks. Her lack of technique is showing. 

I don't think they're as bad this year as I expected. They have some odd choices, but they're whipping into shape. 

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I can't tell I'm my phone from those videos but is Robin in the triangle? Where is Lacy? That's Jenna to Kashara's left, correct?

Also in that first one - why does everyone think Stephanie is weak? She's pretty good. Mollie and Gina are the two who I think need some OMPH. The video with Kalyssa - she made show group on looks. Her lack of technique is showing. 

I don't think they're as bad this year as I expected. They have some odd choices, but they're whipping into shape. 

Robin is behind Kashara in the triangle. When they transitioned and widened out the formation, Robin was then to the right of Kashara with Lacey to Robin’s right. Jenna is to Kashara’s left. 

It looks like Maggie made an error in the group 1 video. I don’t make much of these small errors. It’s bound to happen every once in a while when they have so many dances, but I haven’t been all that impressed with Maggie....at least not how I was expecting to be.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Did she get to keep her uniform? I thought they have to turn it in when they retire.

During the move from VR to the Star, Alumni was given the opportunity to buy bits and pieces of memorabilia. 

• Love 1
On 9/27/2017 at 5:14 PM, Rosiemac said:

Here is a trip down memory lane for some of you:)

Never, never, NEVER miss an opportunity to highlight "50-yard line Kelsey."  But man, do I miss those earlier seasons.  These newer seasons just don't compare.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:45 PM, kalibean said:

The Facebook page has a lot of cute pics from the celebration, but I love this one that includes @ShellyB 

IMG_2946.JPG

Cute picture!  I wonder if Kelli is purposely re-creating her "laying down in overalls while biting a piece of hay" look from her calendar days?

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Cute picture!  I wonder if Kelli is purposely re-creating her "laying down in overalls while biting a piece of hay" look from her calendar days?

L.O.L....yes, we even talked about that pose!

• Love 6

I'm sure this is very unpopular these days, but I'm starting to get Kashara fatigue.  She seems like a nice girl, and she doesn't appear to be a rule-breaker, so I feel really bad that I feel this way, but I'm just so tired of her being like the end-all and be-all of all things DCC.  And "Kasexy" is one of the dumbest nicknames I have ever heard of.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm sure this is very unpopular these days, but I'm starting to get Kashara fatigue.  She seems like a nice girl, and she doesn't appear to be a rule-breaker, so I feel really bad that I feel this way, but I'm just so tired of her being like the end-all and be-all of all things DCC.  And "Kasexy" is one of the dumbest nicknames I have ever heard of.

I feel the same way. I feel she’s being shoved down my throat, and it begins to get annoying after a while. It’s not even really a Kashara thing though, as I like her, and she seems like a fun person to be around. If it was anyone else, I think I would like feel the same way. 

I always wanted the show focus on the vets more, but between the Kashara overload and all of the Jenna/Holly nonsense that I’m so over, I’m starting to think that heavily focusing on the rookies isn’t so bad.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, gnesty said:

You can find the DCC movies on youtube.  And the Love Boat clips too.

LOL they'd need a suitcase for those huge poms alone when they traveled for the Love Boat :)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

She's going to be this season's JennK isn't she? 

• Love 3

Someone had asked about Holly still being in the calendar. Well Milan just posted an image in her IG and the back cover has Tasha but the smaller squares still had Holly's image. I have no clue how to capture that image so I will leave that up to the experts here. 

On 10/5/2017 at 0:15 AM, 123DCCWoooo said:

Never, never, NEVER miss an opportunity to highlight "50-yard line Kelsey."  But man, do I miss those earlier seasons.  These newer seasons just don't compare.

Amen, sister.

I don’t know if this was the thread that posted the old Cosmo interview but anyway, I don’t know if this point was discussed but this has been on my mind since I read it: Fans/corporate donors/whatever grabbing the girls breasts.  Damn.  That was upsetting to read.  So when these poor girls have to go to anything that involves a photo opportunity, this is something they have to put up with?  All the work they put into the squad and in the end, they are treated this way.  Very disheartening.

Unfortunately, yes.  Men make up the majority of not only fans, but the corporate sponsors and the like.  In many cases, these men get what they want when they want and they can go a lot further than many others.  There are few chances for fans to get close enough to get a feel and, unless they're drunk, they're not going to risk either getting thrown out of or denied entrance to the game just to touch the cheerleaders.   Also, I think Judy, Kelli and Charlotte are smart enough not to put the girls in those situations.  The same can't be said for other teams because I remember reading or hearing (and it might have been a link someone posted here) where the girls were treated as close to prostitutes as the teams could legally get them.  I think the article said that, during corporate events and other things with big money involved, the girls were required to sit on guys' laps while they drove around in a golf cart and things like that.  I don't remember a lot about it, except that it smacked of the PTB treating the girls REALLY badly.  I wish I remembered which team that was because I vowed then and there never to support that team. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Unfortunately, yes.  Men make up the majority of not only fans, but the corporate sponsors and the like.  In many cases, these men get what they want when they want and they can go a lot further than many others.  There are few chances for fans to get close enough to get a feel and, unless they're drunk, they're not going to risk either getting thrown out of or denied entrance to the game just to touch the cheerleaders.   Also, I think Judy, Kelli and Charlotte are smart enough not to put the girls in those situations.  The same can't be said for other teams because I remember reading or hearing (and it might have been a link someone posted here) where the girls were treated as close to prostitutes as the teams could legally get them.  I think the article said that, during corporate events and other things with big money involved, the girls were required to sit on guys' laps while they drove around in a golf cart and things like that.  I don't remember a lot about it, except that it smacked of the PTB treating the girls REALLY badly.  I wish I remembered which team that was because I vowed then and there never to support that team. 

3 hours ago, PBSLover said:

It was the Miami Dolphins.

No, it was the Buffalo Jills. The team did not survive the scandal. They disbanded a few years ago.

• Love 3

There were a few comments in the current thread but yeah it’s better suited here. Bringing over my thoughts here, the whole thing was a damn mess. I get the girls will have “tough” interview situations, but Shannon was unnecessary and inappropriate at times. And he’s a cowboys social media employee? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

There were a few comments in the current thread but yeah it’s better suited here. Bringing over my thoughts here, the whole thing was a damn mess. I get the girls will have “tough” interview situations, but Shannon was unnecessary and inappropriate at times. And he’s a cowboys social media employee? 

I have... so many suggestions lol granted I was only able to catch the last 5 minutes. 

Nitpicky Ned again: I thought the episode would drop at that time, not that it would be a live cast through Periscope. That’s not really a podcast lol Aren’t Podcasts available though the apple app, stichter, SoundCloud, the play store, ETC.?

• Love 2