Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I watched the interview with Amy L and Robin on Periscope, wow was the guy interviewer awful. I listen to a lot of podcasts and you need a host who keeps things moving and has things planned out. He seemed disinterested for most of the interview and more interested with playing on his phone.

I was really disappointed with the questions, they hardly asked any and I know they got a bunch on Facebook and Twitter. The girl interviewer was a little better but she let the guy take over too much and he was just not good at it. The “what part of a DNA does this” segment was so boring, especially when they could have been asking more questions instead. They seemed unprepared to do the interview and actually look through questions. 

Amy L and Robin did a good job given their bad interviewers. Amy came off a little ditzy but still a good speaker who is staying in line with what Kelli and Judy would want her to say. Robin did pretty well, you could tell she chose what she said very carefully. I do wonder if they knew they were being filmed, it looked like Robin was sitting on her foot for the second part which doesn’t seem like a business like way to interview.

Next time I hope they do a better job and actually ask some good questions. 

Edited by MelissaB326
Fixing it

I know I'm biased because I stan for Robin, but I realllly think she (and maybe another broadcasting-invested veteran) should do the show. It would be such a cool conversation between all the girls every episode instead of having an outsider ask them the same questions over and over. Or even a rookie. Hell, let Gina do it. She had a great radio voice and it may soften her image.
As someone who curates content for two podcasts, I was a slice disappointed in the guy checking his phone over and over and the questions weren't really filtered to things that we would want to know for the 30 mins. I would think that they know what the girls get asked over and over and wouldn't want to do those questions. maybe add some segment names in there.. okay, clocking out now. 
But the positive: Fantastic idea! Love that I got to get more into Amy and Robin's personalities. I also liked the video aspect, if only the hosts were more engaged with the guests. But, there were a few tidbits that I have not heard before. I have a fewww suggestions but I'll put that in the appropriate thread. 

Edited by tajalexander
my wheels are spinning, this is a great idea if executed properly
  • Love 5

Yes, Robin and Amy knew they were being filmed as Shannon pointed it out and they looked to the camera.  Can't understand why he would look at his phone constantly if he knew he was being filmed or is he that disinterested?  He sort of jumped at Courtney saying where did you get the questions from?  Isn't he prepared for the interviews?  Whose idea was it to do this show?  Can they switch out Shannon at least?  Why not one of the people who interview all the time like Sandy Newton or the person who writes for the Cowboys and asks the tough questions at the panel interviews.  The girls were great but Shannon ran over Courtney and he was overbearing and inappropriate.  I doubt Kelli wants this type of program.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Robin has a background in broadcasting. She'd be great hosting the podcasts or Facebook chats.

I would honestly even prefer her over Kashara reading the question for the FB Chat, I love Kash, but she picks the same 5-6 questions every week lol

58 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Can't understand why he would look at his phone constantly if he knew he was being filmed or is he that disinterested?  

Isn't he prepared for the interviews?  Whose idea was it to do this show?  Can they switch out Shannon at least?  Why not one of the people who interview all the time like 

It read as though he likes the girls but wasn’t nessesarily interested in being there. I do wonder if he would have gotten that same sense without the video.

if they make it audio only and post it on iTunes, it could feel different?

• Love 1

Ooohhh, K&J won't be happy with that video if they see it; what a mess.  LINES....!!!....GUIDE!!! 

Shannon was awful; totally uninterested in any thing the girls had to say. Probably pissed someone added 30 minutes to his day and it showed. Courtney (?) tried to get things back on track, but if that's her boss, not much she could've done I guess. I liked the Facebook chats so I hope the podcasts improve because today's was shite. 

• Love 2

I've always wondered how on earth he is their "social media guy" and was once asked to give advice for the dcc regarding whats appropriate for social media when his own Instagram page has been inappropriate in the past and I'd go as far as even saying skeevy . Is he related to the Jones' or what? And why is he allowed to go hang out at the lake with some of the cheerleaders and post about it ? He creeps me out 

• Love 4
On 10/8/2017 at 0:48 PM, catmom720 said:

I think Jinelle would have been equally great.  Longer tenured veteran, too.

I do too,  I love Kashara but I've seen them during games and Jinelle really has that pop and stood out to me. I adore Jinelle ❤️

• Love 4

Ive been lucky to meet many of the DCC these last 4 years and i can say this.

JENN K.- Way TALLER and THINNER than I thought she was.

Jinelle- pretty but super thin almost blown away by the wind thin.

Jenna - very kind and humble

Jacie - incredibly beautiful 

Kelsey retired vet - kind of arrogant vibe

Holly - tall Barbie and kind

Lauren retired vet - eh

Angela - late to everything i had to work a sporta evemt and the travel team was warming up dancing and she strolled in like no care in the world haha.

Holly - she legit has flirty eyes with everyone in a not so subtle way. 

Nicole b. - super kind and down to earth 

Jackie Bob- taller and kind 

Paige - short and shy doesn't really hang with her vets.

Jazmine- thinks she is fmous cause of some reality show she was on or something. 

• Love 3

I actually liked it and understand it was their first take at a podcast. There were a lot of things to improve on for sure though. As far as the girls, I feel like Amy L is just one of those girls who talks over you or just talks a lot in general/interjects. There were times where I just wanted Robin to answer lol. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, 8dallas said:

The tall part surprises me, I wouldn't expect that either!  I imagine most of them are thinner than they appear on TV/in pictures.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but one person in my morning spent perusing this website, I've seen no mentions of Brittany S.  From a Neil McCoy (i.e. 16 year old boy trapped inside a man's body) perspective, she is one of my all-time faves.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but one person in my morning spent perusing this website, I've seen no mentions of Brittany S.  From a Neil McCoy (i.e. 16 year old boy trapped inside a man's body) perspective, she is one of my all-time faves.

LOL nope you are quite popular.  I'm the unpopular one, I think she looks a bit "rough."  I think the prettiest ever are Meredith O & Megan C.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
On 10/7/2017 at 7:00 PM, EricaShadows said:

Unfortunately, yes.  Men make up the majority of not only fans, but the corporate sponsors and the like.  In many cases, these men get what they want when they want and they can go a lot further than many others.  There are few chances for fans to get close enough to get a feel and, unless they're drunk, they're not going to risk either getting thrown out of or denied entrance to the game just to touch the cheerleaders.   Also, I think Judy, Kelli and Charlotte are smart enough not to put the girls in those situations.  The same can't be said for other teams because I remember reading or hearing (and it might have been a link someone posted here) where the girls were treated as close to prostitutes as the teams could legally get them.  I think the article said that, during corporate events and other things with big money involved, the girls were required to sit on guys' laps while they drove around in a golf cart and things like that.  I don't remember a lot about it, except that it smacked of the PTB treating the girls REALLY badly.  I wish I remembered which team that was because I vowed then and there never to support that team. 

Ick. Stuff like this is why I'd NEVER want to be an all star.  I know security goes around with the girls when they do suite visits but still...most of those men have been drinking and i imagine it's not uncommon to hear things like "aw, why can't i have a hug? we paid a lot of $$ for you ladies to come visit with us!'  Yeah, no thanks. 

8 minutes ago, lah715 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The latest pictures (if they are) on the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are showing Emma and Jenn K in the line up ... I wonder who was out ???

Khalyn and Simone, I believe.  Not sure why.  I feel like Simone is injured a decent amount; I bet this is her last year. 

15 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

I've always wondered how on earth he is their "social media guy" and was once asked to give advice for the dcc regarding whats appropriate for social media when his own Instagram page has been inappropriate in the past and I'd go as far as even saying skeevy . Is he related to the Jones' or what? And why is he allowed to go hang out at the lake with some of the cheerleaders and post about it ? He creeps me out 

I am not a fan of Shannon either but everyone I've asked about him who knows him likes him a lot and says he isnt actually creepy or weird so... I dunno.  Not my cup of tea. 

• Love 1

Does Shannon work for DCC full time, or is he a consultant or Cowboys social media employee. To me Shannon acts like he's inconvenienced by the girls, like they're petty and an evil necessity keeping him from the part of his job that he likes. Does that make sense? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL nope you are quite popular.  I'm the unpopular one, I think she looks a bit "rough."  I think the prettiest ever are Meredith O & Megan C.

I have to Google all these names because I can never remember all of the different women I've seen on this show.  Off the top of my head so I'm sure I'm forgetting some, my favorites throughout the years have been in no particular order:

Jackie Bob - Beautiful, intelligent, and natural leader

Melissa the Engineer (Can't remember her last name)- Intelligent and a phenomenal dancer

Holly H - Easily the most beautiful cheerleader I've seen on the show

Brittany S. - Gorgeous and seemed to have a fun personality

McKenzie - Definition of adorable; who cares if she had low kicks, Judy!

Vivian - Crazy sexy and also possibly crazy

Jinelle - Australian accent + 9 feet tall = OK in my book

Lacy - She looks like a brunette Barbie

Kalyssa - I think it's the eyes, but she is the most alluring cheerleader I've seen on the show.  My wife has already told me she wouldn't even be mad if I cheated on her with Kalyssa. 

Amy - Not sure why she never made it.  Probably wasn't quite good enough, but I admired her determination.  Always pulled for her.

(I hope I at least spelled some of these names correctly.) 

But my favorite person on the show, and possibly human history, is Kitty Carter. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I would honestly even prefer her over Kashara reading the question for the FB Chat, I love Kash, but she picks the same 5-6 questions every week lol

I genuinely DO NOT CARE what their favorite Disney movie is!!!  I'm so tired of hearing that question!!  

As for the podcast, Courtney asked the girls about the "drama" of the season and Shannon started talking and turned it into a totally different question.  I would've LOVED to hear their answer about the drama!

ETA- I thought he was looking at his phone to see what questions were being asked on fb or twitter.

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Ive been lucky to meet many of the DCC these last 4 years and i can say this.

Jinelle- pretty but super thin almost blown away by the wind thin.

Jenna - very kind and humble

Jacie - incredibly beautiful 

Kelsey retired vet - kind of arrogant vibe

Holly - tall Barbie and kind

Lauren retired vet - eh

Angela - late to everything i had to work a sporta evemt and the travel team was warming up dancing and she strolled in like no care in the world haha.

Holly - she legit has flirty eyes with everyone in a not so subtle way. 

Nicole b. - super kind and down to earth 

Jackie Bob- taller and kind 

Paige - short and shy doesn't really hang with her vets.

Jazmine- thinks she is fmous cause of some reality show she was on or something. 

#yup

• Love 4
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Nobody is going to spill tea on chats. They want to keep their spots. 

I don't think anyone on this forum is insane enough to expect them to ask those kinds of questions. But I do think there are legitimately interesting DCC questions that could be asked and answered. For example, I've been trying to ask "I know that they don't film for the show during every day of training camp, what is your favorite part of training camp that we don't get to see on TV?" or "What is one part of past DCC history that you wish you could have been on the team for?"

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Tootie said:

ETA- I thought he was looking at his phone to see what questions were being asked on fb or twitter.

Mayyyyybe understandable but if this is a video, I would hope you would have been sliiiightly more prepared. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Ick. Stuff like this is why I'd NEVER want to be an all star.  I know security goes around with the girls when they do suite visits but still...most of those men have been drinking and i imagine it's not uncommon to hear things like "aw, why can't i have a hug? we paid a lot of $$ for you ladies to come visit with us!'  Yeah, no thanks. 

Those kinds of comments are rare and get shut down pretty quick. Suites visits always have a DCC Staff member  plus 2 security guards...plenty of eyes & ears to make sure that things run smoothly. We also have 55 suites every game, so the visits are fairly quick, taking only 3-5 group photos in each suite. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Hope this is the correct topic for this question...Does anyone know how many of the girls have hair extensions?

Probably moreso the current squad thread, but also no clue. Sometimes they mention it in the makeover episodes and usually Kelli doesn't seem to favor them. Maybe Shelly has an idea if some girls are even allowed to have them? 

13 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought she started out beautiful and had the most refreshing personality, but really started to decline as the seasons passed.  By the time her last season rolled around I thought she was barely recognizable.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Those kinds of comments are rare and get shut down pretty quick. Suites visits always have a DCC Staff member  plus 2 security guards...plenty of eyes & ears to make sure that things run smoothly. We also have 55 suites every game, so the visits are fairly quick, taking only 3-5 group photos in each suite. 

That's good to hear!! 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Probably moreso the current squad thread, but also no clue. Sometimes they mention it in the makeover episodes and usually Kelli doesn't seem to favor them. Maybe Shelly has an idea if some girls are even allowed to have them? 

thanks!

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

IMG_2848.PNG

Wow.  She was cute back then; I don't know if Kelli is capable of taking a bad picture, but she wasn't the knockout she is today.  Whatever she's doing, sign me up!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ElenaFR said:

Still do not know how Christina made it. Much better dancers in past years have been cut for those type of kicks. 

I seriously want to know the thought process of taking Christina over Taryn. It makes no sense to me. 

7 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

who is that at the end with the wrong arms? Jessika? 

Yep, honestly don’t know why we haven’t seen weight talks with her. Her solo at finals was awful too. She must be one hell of a talker or something, I don’t see the appeal. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Wow.  She was cute back then; I don't know if Kelli is capable of taking a bad picture, but she wasn't the knockout she is today.  Whatever she's doing, sign me up!

I agree- her face is perfect!  I know she has had procedures done but most people's faces don't look nearly as good as hers.

5 hours ago, tajalexander said:

who is that at the end with the wrong arms? Jessika? 

I do not mean this is a bad way...because they certainly do not look like them....but Kelli and Judy up the the tower remind me of the two muppets up in the balcony...I love Kelli and Judy BTW and think they make a great team :)

• Love 10

I thought it was interesting when Kelli said they had been away for a week so wonder if they were gone for the entire week to Canton?  I would think it would be challenging with the only veterans not going is Jenna so wonder if Shelly worked with them.

55 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I thought it was interesting when Kelli said they had been away for a week so wonder if they were gone for the entire week to Canton?  I would think it would be challenging with the only veterans not going is Jenna so wonder if Shelly worked with them.

Yes...to both the whole week and me being at rehearsal. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

I do not mean this is a bad way...because they certainly do not look like them....but Kelli and Judy up the the tower remind me of the two muppets up in the balcony...I love Kelli and Judy BTW and think they make a great team :)

Lol!! And last I tweeted that they looked like the marionette scene from Sound of Music! 

3D7007A5-62D7-47E4-8E44-C2432671A2FB.jpeg

• Love 12

I've been reading through some of the threads and I see the Kitty isn't well loved.  I'd love to hear your reasons why.  Personally, I think she is perfect for what they ask her to do: be totally unfiltered and detached.  Kelli has to manage personalities and egos, while Judy is more concerned about the dancing and has to be more critical, but still has to be supportive as a coach.  If Kelli is the good cop and Judy is the bad cop, then I'd call Kitty the KGB (dating myself, I know).  She can come in and say and do the things that perhaps Kelli and Judy wish they could say and do, but are prohibited from doing so by their relationship with the girls.  I don't think Kitty would succeed in Kelli or even Judy's position with her methods, but they seem to work in her current role.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

I've been reading through some of the threads and I see the Kitty isn't well loved.  I'd love to hear your reasons why.  Personally, I think she is perfect for what they ask her to do: be totally unfiltered and detached.  Kelli has to manage personalities and egos, while Judy is more concerned about the dancing and has to be more critical, but still has to be supportive as a coach.  If Kelli is the good cop and Judy is the bad cop, then I'd call Kitty the KGB (dating myself, I know).  She can come in and say and do the things that perhaps Kelli and Judy wish they could say and do, but are prohibited from doing so by their relationship with the girls.  I don't think Kitty would succeed in Kelli or even Judy's position with her methods, but they seem to work in her current role.

I think Kitty is definitely right for the job when it comes to knowledge and experience! She knows what it takes and she has a great eye for what a girl is lacking. The only thing I, personally, can’t warm up to is that i sometimes feel like she is ‘mean’. I do realize a lot of dance teachers are that way and also that everyone has a different definition of ‘mean’, but I feel like some things could be said differently to the girls. She comes across as overly harsh sometimes. Other than that I really like it when she gets asked for her opinion by Kelli and Judy, because she is a fresh pair of eyes and she knows what she is doing, she also knows a lot of the girls from prep classes and stuff like that, so it’s not always just judging them from one night. 

Maybe it’s because I had a teacher like her in school and he made me feel really insecure, like I could never be good enough. A couple of years later I spoke to him about it and feel a little different now, because I now know he was pushing me to constantly better myself, but at the time I felt really bad. 

I still like Kitty though, because I really do think she knows exactly what she is doing. For young girls who grew up really protected, she probably seems really scary. (But I believe she does have a different, very caring side as well!)

• Love 4