Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Amy L is stunning and a great dancer. I think she just talks a lot, but you can tell from her slip up last night that she took it seriously. 

Mostly unpopular opinion: I just don’t get Kashara, and I’ve tried y’all. Nothing about her is appealing visually or dance wise. I mean she’s cute, but Kelli thinks she’s the sexiest thing on this planet and is obsessed with her sassy-sexy-southern thing going on. Her bias with her seems bigger than Texas. I don’t know how to phrase it without sounding hurtful, but her accent is WAY too much, and this comes from a southern woman with family who grew up in the sticks. It’s not charming or endearing, and I’m surprised they haven’t recommended she see a speech trainer to kind of loosen it up a bit. A little southern is cute, but hers is like nails on a chalkboard. /end rant. 

Truth be told, I really don’t consider Kashara to have a southern accent, at least not a typical one. I too grew up in the South and most of my family did as well. I don’t know anyone who has an accent like she does, and while I didn’t grow up in any of the more rural or what we would call “country” areas, I know many who did.  It’s probably more of an accent that is native to her area, (kind of like how some people from Louisiana have a very distinct accent, which I call it a bayou accent,and I have several family members with one). I’m not sure she could lose it at this point or that she would want to. Obviously she’s seems to be quite successful.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Truth be told, I really don’t consider Kashara to have a southern accent, at least not a typical one. I too grew up in the South and most of my family did as well. I don’t know anyone who has an accent like she does, and while I didn’t grow up in any of the more rural or what we would call “country” areas, I know many who did.  It’s probably more of an accent that is native to her area, (kind of like how some people from Louisiana have a very distinct accent, which I call it a bayou accent,and I have several family members with one). I’m not sure she could lose it at this point or that she would want to. Obviously she’s seems to be quite successful.

Appalachian dialect, through and through.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Cowboys intro for the Giants game. Thunderstruck looks pretty flawless. The lines are perfect.

Nice to see them as a team.  Only thing I saw was on the initial part of intro, several were not in synch with how arms are going up and down and also in the kickline, there was someone on the right side towards the middle that is not kicking as high.

10 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Cowboys intro for the Giants game. Thunderstruck looks pretty flawless. The lines are perfect.

I like the guy in the background (presumably with beer in hand) counting down with the Jumbotron, and then warbledrunk-singing along with Thunderstruck. It seems appropriate since he’s the DCC’s target audience at football games. I don’t think he cared whether the ladies’ lines were straight or they danced in sync!? ? ? 

Btw thanks for posting this video. Having never been to a Cowboys game, I could never picture in my mind the DCC’s full enterance on the field since the only show it in snippets on the show. I wish CMT would show the full performance from entrance to exit but as we know, the program never shows any complete dance routine..

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Her little knit lace collar thing over her trach is just presh. Pretty lady. Sorry but I love Kalyssa and teared up there. 

You can see how Kalyssa's technique aint so great in those slo mo clips but dang she is so pretty. She is like Brandi Redmond Jr. 

• Love 1

Possible unpopular opinion: The reason why Cersten was moved in one of the three top triangle spots was the fact Holly did not go to Canton and then left the team, and Erica was injured and was cut. I was not impressed with her finals solo, and I think Erica and Holly even with their breaking of the rules and leaving the team are more attractive and better dancer than Cersten. I also do not see how Madeline made the team and the constant fawning Kelli and Charlotte seems to be doing over her. She seems to be a boring dancer and can only do certain moves.

I also find it interesting Khalyn does not smile in a lot of her pictures especially in her solo cameo picture, squad picture, and a her swimsuit calendar video and pictures. Was she told not to smile because of front teeth having a gap. I do not think her close mouth looks screams sexy and girl next door DCC look.

Edited by bigskygirl

Didn’t know where to post this. But this should make auditions interesting next year. I was never the hugest fan of Tina. But we’ll see how her daughter does!

she definitely has mastered the hair flip lol 

Edited by tajalexander
43 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Didn’t know where to post this. But this should make auditions interesting next year. I was never the hugest fan of Tina. But we’ll see how her daughter does!

Well, she’s definitely putting the time in and documenting all her prepping. 

3 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Wow, she looks great!  I am jealous, it must be so much fun to have Tina as a mom.

• Love 1

I don’t see her as a DCC at all. She still dances like a little girl trying to be powerful and sexy. As much as she’s mentioned it (and even having a twitter handle “DCC Victoria”) me thinks she’s under the impression it will be a cake walk when she’ll likely only get far because of her mom. 

Not hoping to see her fail, but if those videos are all she has to bring to the table, she won’t make it. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Possible unpopular opinion: The reason why Cersten was moved in one of the three top triangle spots was the fact Holly did not go to Canton and then left the team, and Erica was injured and was cut. I was not impressed with her finals solo, and I think Erica and Holly even with their breaking of the rules and leaving the team are more attractive and better dancer than Cersten. I also do not see how Madeline made the team and the constant fawning Kelli and Charlotte seems to be doing over her. She seems to be a boring dancer and can only do certain moves.

I also find it interesting Khalyn does not smile in a lot of her pictures especially in her solo cameo picture, squad picture, and a her swimsuit calendar video and pictures. Was she told not to smile because of front teeth having a gap. I do not think her close mouth looks screams sexy and girl next door DCC look.

CMT changed the music to Cersten's solo and chopped it up. It was really good before CMT wrecked what they showed. She had them all clapping and moving in their seats.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don’t see her as a DCC at all. She still dances like a little girl trying to be powerful and sexy. As much as she’s mentioned it (and even having a twitter handle “DCC Victoria”) me thinks she’s under the impression it will be a cake walk when she’ll likely only get far because of her mom. 

Not hoping to see her fail, but if those videos are all she has to bring to the table, she won’t make it. 

I really don't like watching her dance.  My husband says it is going to be interesting because her two best friends are Dayton Bramhall and Sam Finglass.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

CMT changed the music to Cersten's solo and chopped it up. It was really good before CMT wrecked what they showed. She had them all clapping and moving in their seats.

I really wish CMT didn't have to do that.  Her solo is so good when you watch it with her music.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Too bad she was too young this year bc she is better than several rookies.

I would honestly take Christina over her. 

Yep, I said it. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

she posts the CMT version, then her actual one here. Kelli was right, it’s the WHOLE dance Alphabet. From Areial to a very strong Working Leg. (Couldn’t think of a dance term with Z off the top lol)

bonus points for the Beyoncé mix. Haha I could never be a judge. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

As much as she’s mentioned it (and even having a twitter handle “DCC Victoria”) me thinks she’s under the impression it will be a cake walk when she’ll likely only get far because of her mom.

I've lost count of the number of posts I've seen of her attending dance classes and DCC prep classes. She's been putting a lot of time and effort into it for well over a year. She saw Dayton, who is also attractive, an accomplished dancer, and a DCC legacy get cut earlier this year because she wasn't prepared. I don't get the impression Victoria thinks it will be easy. I see someone who is working hard because she really wants it, because she knows she can get cut just like anyone else, and because she wants to deserve it if she gets it.

I don't hold the DCC twitter handle against her. She chose that when when she was a tween, and she changed it when she was old enough to realize what kind of impression it gives.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Thank you @tajalexander for posting that. I think Cersten literally looks like a doll, and is top 3 strongest on the team. She just has the complete picture. 

No problem! I looooved her solo. Even with the judges comments on he show you can tell she really put on a show for everyone. And I’m glad she got to showcase her real talents on Instagram, if the show won’t air it. 

Cersten is definatle in my top 5 for strongest dancers on the current team: 

(No particular order) Cersten, Jenna, Lacey,  Maggie, Maddie/Robin(curious to see her do more outside of the DCC style)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

I would honesty take Christina over her. 

Yep, I said it. 

I agree. I think Victoria can dance, and I have nothing against her, but I don't think she has the DCC style at all. 

• Love 4

Love Cersten!! I love how she weaves her tricks into her choreo well. I always kind of felt like Melissa just threw trick after trick with no real theme (although she was fantastics at jumps and spins). 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Love Cersten!! I love how she weaves her tricks into her choreo well. I always kind of felt like Melissa just threw trick after trick with no real theme (although she was fantastics at jumps and spins). 

This is exactly how I felt about Melissa. All tricks, good tricks, good, technique, but all tricks. I also feel like Maddie has improved a lot, but she’s half assed tricks with meh technique. I don’t think she’ll ever live up to her ‘studio rat’ hype. 

• Love 5

No offense to Tess, but her dark long hair is not doing her any favors. I wish they have Judy do the makeovers instead because Kelli is obsessed with the same style for the majority of the girls. A lot of the girls, in my opinion, would look good with shorter hair, different hair style, different highlights and color and bangs.

Edited by bigskygirl
18 hours ago, tajalexander said:

she posts the CMT version, then her actual one here. Kelli was right, it’s the WHOLE dance Alphabet. From Areial to a very strong Working Leg. (Couldn’t think of a dance term with Z off the top lol)

Zumba? Oh wait - that's Jinelle's gig.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Im over Jinelle worse than over Jenna. Jinelle is so rehearsed and fake with "everything is a dream come true" 24/7. 

And there is my UO, there is something about Jinelle that completely rubs me the wrong way.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Im over Jinelle worse than over Jenna. Jinelle is so rehearsed and fake with "everything is a dream come true" 24/7. 

100% agree with you! She gives the corniest, most contrived lines ever known to mankind. It is such a honor, I dreamed of this for ever and ever and now it is true! I have read how some people say she is so genuine and honest, but to me she seems so fake, and rehearesed as you said. I have no idea who she is. She seems robotic. But, I gather that is what they want. Plus I still find her to be rather homely. 

• Love 5

This is maybe unpopular, but as much as I love watching the show and the whole DCC journey (and I absolutely have adored it for every single season!), there is a part of me that feels uncomfortable supporting the image of young women in such little clothing dancing so suggestively, doing whatever J and K want with little of their own opinion or point of view asked for or appreciated. I go back and forth between telling myself who cares what they do, to OMG, this is setting women back years. Maybe if they got paid more and it was a real career I would feel differently, but there is a part of me that sees them as being taken advantage of. I feel like they have to give up so much for so little in return (I know they don’t see it that way).The high degree of conformity fascinates me. I was never part of that crowd, never in a sorority, so maybe that is why I just don’t truly get it. Telling my parents I wanted to be a cheerleader in high school was a big no, with my them saying why don’t you go and play the sport yourself? Why do you want to be on the sideline cheering men on? 

I wonder if cheer is more of a Texas thing? It just doesn’t seem to be too acceptable where I am from, at least not for a young girl to aspire to. 

There I said it! Please don’t hate me :( 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Dccfanatic said:

This is maybe unpopular, but as much as I love watching the show and the whole DCC journey (and I absolutely have adored it for every single season!), there is a part of me that feels uncomfortable supporting the image of young women in such little clothing dancing so suggestively, doing whatever J and K want with little of their own opinion or point of view asked for or appreciated. I go back and forth between telling myself who cares what they do, to OMG, this is setting women back years. Maybe if they got paid more and it was a real career I would feel differently, but there is a part of me that sees them as being taken advantage of. I feel like they have to give up so much for so little in return (I know they don’t see it that way).The high degree of conformity fascinates me. I was never part of that crowd, never in a sorority, so maybe that is why I just don’t truly get it. Telling my parents I wanted to be a cheerleader in high school was a big no, with my them saying why don’t you go and play the sport yourself? Why do you want to be on the sideline cheering men on? 

I wonder if cheer is more of a Texas thing? It just doesn’t seem to be too acceptable where I am from, at least not for a young girl to aspire to. 

There I said it! Please don’t hate me :( 

I have the same ambivalence. On one hand, I love dance, I love dance teams, and the outfit they wear is just a costume. It's entertainment, right? It's fun! It's not that serious. I'd still watch this show if it was about any other team in the NFL or NBA, if it was about the Rockettes, if it was about American Ballet Theatre, or an amazing synchronized skating group, etc. I like to see the work that goes in to the terrific performances.

On the other hand, this isn't just a job, it's an identity. It appears to be life-consuming. And it's so... freaking...shallow. Despite all the talk about how intelligent the women are, how hard they work, etc. when it comes down to it, their job is to be sexy eye candy. If I think too hard about that, or how young some of these women are, it's kind of eeeew. I have to make a conscious effort not to think about all of the little hypocrisies at work here.

• Love 13
51 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

100% agree with you! She gives the corniest, most contrived lines ever known to mankind. It is such a honor, I dreamed of this for ever and ever and now it is true! I have read how some people say she is so genuine and honest, but to me she seems so fake, and rehearesed as you said. I have no idea who she is. She seems robotic. But, I gather that is what they want. Plus I still find her to be rather homely. 

Jinelle is not the only one who says it! They have been groomed and taught to say being a DCC is the most special and bestest thing to ever happened in their lives. They have been told over and over again they are women of character, little girls look up to them, these are their glory days, and trying on and wearing the uniform is the same as wearing a wedding dress. Not saying this is a honor, and I dreamt about being a DCC since I was little is probably considered a DCC sin. And I happen to think Jinelle is a lot more attractive than the girls who considered beautiful by fans and men.