Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Listened to the podcast.  Shannon still hasn't learned that he shouldn't act like a petulant child "was taken to task on social media blah blah blah"!!!  Most questions were not given to the girls to answer.  He has not learned that a good interviewer does not do the most talking.  In fact, he must be all about him and his beard and how NO ONE knew him before he got the beard.  So sorry we didn't hear more from the ladies.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Listened to the podcast.  Shannon still hasn't learned that he shouldn't act like a petulant child "was taken to task on social media blah blah blah"!!!  Most questions were not given to the girls to answer.  He has not learned that a good interviewer does not do the most talking.  In fact, he must be all about him and his beard and how NO ONE knew him before he got the beard.  So sorry we didn't hear more from the ladies.

Did Christina cry about making the team?

6 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Did Christina cry about making the team?

Nope, and I didn't expect her to either.  She talked about having auditioned 5 times, but that's only because, as usual, she was asked about it.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Wish they would just let them be in the photos. Just clean up the blemishes and let them shine. Gorgeous already. The pics just make them look like plastic unrealistic Barbie dolls. 

Agreed. There’s another picture of Kashara on the DCC instagram page from the swimsuit shoot (I’ll try to find it later). IMO, she looks beautiful in the picture and much more like herself. The pics above of her are pretty, but like you said, there’s a plastic look to them.

• Love 1

The swimsuit Kashara wearing is absolutely hideous and trashy. It's not Kashara's fault but I can't believe they are trying to convince us they want these girls to be super classy and girl-next-door while putting these images out. No wonder the sidelines calendar sells more. The girls look absolutely fake and well trashy compared to the beautiful pictures they take on the sidelines (where they are still wearing basically underwear).

the pictures I saw on Raylee's ig from the mavs are way way better.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Here's a halftime show with the DCC, Rhythm and Blue dancers, Super Cr3w, Kinjas and one other group.  It's not that bad, but it could be better: 

The Drumline is wasted in this performance and it could have been AMAZING.

Little blond girl in the beginning needs to scale it back.

4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

The swimsuit Kashara wearing is absolutely hideous and trashy. It's not Kashara's fault but I can't believe they are trying to convince us they want these girls to be super classy and girl-next-door while putting these images out. No wonder the sidelines calendar sells more. The girls look absolutely fake and well trashy compared to the beautiful pictures they take on the sidelines (where they are still wearing basically underwear).

the pictures I saw on Raylee's ig from the mavs are way way better.

And doesn't Kelli pick out the swimsuits? I seem to remember that from a past episode.. Frankly I thought they pretty much openly threw the whole ‘America’s classy Sweethearts’ thing out the window when they put on the dominatrix bikini modeling show (can’t remember which season that was). 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

And doesn't Kelli pick out the swimsuits? I seem to remember that from a past episode.. Frankly I thought they pretty much openly threw the whole ‘America’s classy Sweethearts’ thing out the window when they put on the dominatrix bikini modeling show (can’t remember which season that was). 

Kelli likes the sexy. Judy holds her back and keeps them sweeter.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tootie said:

Kelli:  "We don't need all the intense facials; a nice smile will do!"

I love the office meeting where Kelli says that to Kelsey Bond, but behind Kelli there is a huge picture of a DCC doing that big open mouth thing.

• Love 1

They could have an entire calendar of just Kashara and Kelsey. I’d buy it. Those two girls are gorgeous. 

The swimsuits  don’t bother me... it’s a calendar. Super sexy is just to be expected. I’m not a fan of the black leather cut out dominatrix bikini Kelsey is wearing in that one pic though. These aren’t thong bathing suits.... google thong bikinis from the 80s and 90s... that’s a thong. The girls are wearing Brazilian cut bottoms. If my ass looked like that, I’d wear one everyday everywhere. ?

• Love 5
On 10/30/2017 at 10:01 PM, ATLGirl said:

My unpopular opinion is hating the ever shrinking bikinis. I know I'm going to be considered a huge prude for this but they get tinier every year. Is this the trend in swimsuits in general? I admit I don't pay much attention because I wear the same Land's End tankinis I've worn for the last five or so years to keep things locked and loaded (ha ha).

I find it sad that these beautiful young women are basically wearing what amounts to fabric Band-Aids over their nipples and pubic area, and some floss up their butts.

I don't expect them to wear a burka (sp?) by any means. But the bikinis they used to wear even four years ago were WAY classier than what they're told to wear now. 

Going back to yell at kids to get off my lawn now after having some Milk of Magnesia as a nightcap...

ITA!!! Leave a little something to the imagination....too much "cash and prizes" on display.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 2
On 10/30/2017 at 11:33 AM, ByTor said:

It's even worse than that, I just watched the season where she made it, she did the Australian cheer thing for seven years!

How does she do it so long??!!  It really wears on your body.

(Oops, I see it has already been covered above).  Sorry!

Edited by missmansfield
Changed mind
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2017 at 10:24 AM, tobeyoungagain said:

sorrynotsorry ... am unfollowing holly's instagram.  the stories and posts are a bit vapid and self-centered.

I find most of these girls' instagrams to be pretty vapid and self-centered, to be honest. I don't think Holly's is any more or less so than most of the others.

On 10/30/2017 at 6:01 PM, ATLGirl said:

My unpopular opinion is hating the ever shrinking bikinis. I know I'm going to be considered a huge prude for this but they get tinier every year. Is this the trend in swimsuits in general? I admit I don't pay much attention because I wear the same Land's End tankinis I've worn for the last five or so years to keep things locked and loaded (ha ha).

I find it sad that these beautiful young women are basically wearing what amounts to fabric Band-Aids over their nipples and pubic area, and some floss up their butts.

I don't expect them to wear a burka (sp?) by any means. But the bikinis they used to wear even four years ago were WAY classier than what they're told to wear now. 

Going back to yell at kids to get off my lawn now after having some Milk of Magnesia as a nightcap...

Kelli is always dipping a toe into that "edgy" lane. She pushes that envelope ever so slightly to keep the men interested, and maybe some of the more fashion-forward women in the audience too. I think she feels she has to do that as part of keeping the DCC relevant/current. And also, that's just what she seems to like. It's just interesting to me to see this from a group that markets itself so heavily to little girls as role models/aspirational figures. I mean, I guess children don't really get the sex aspect of this business, it goes right over their heads, but if I had a daughter who was into the DCC, I wouldn't buy her that calendar. Maybe that's why they started to produce the other types of calendars, for people who find the more overt sexuality of the swimsuit calendar to be a little too much.

The Texans Cheerleaders are much more conservative than the DCC (relatively speaking, of course!) and the bikinis in their calendar tend to be more full coverage. That's more to my taste, personally. I've never seen the HTC do poses where their top is untied or it looks like they're about to pull down their (already microscopic) bikini bottoms.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I find most of these girls' instagrams to be pretty vapid and self-centered, to be honest. I don't think Holly's is any more or less so than most of the others.

YES!

That said ...

Nice to see Holly and Cersten are still friends.

Edited by cgloss
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Who is the blonde that keeps messing up in the end?  Tara?

Yep, strange because otherwise she’s a really powerful dancer. I guess we all have our moments. Hopefully that was her one and only. 

• Love 1
On 10/30/2017 at 2:20 PM, cgloss said:

She doesn't look like herself to me. 

That crooked horizon line makes me twitchy. That shouldn't happen in professional photos. It's such an easy fix, especially when they are already photoshopping. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, cgloss said:
16 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

YES!

Count me in as well.  Not a Holly fan here whatsoever, but this is true.

If Cersten's name is pronounced with a hard "C", then what's with the "certified" part of her user name?  Has Kelli been saying her name wrong but was never corrected?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, cgloss said:

YES!

That said ...

Nice to see Holly and Cersten are still friends.

I don't see why they wouldn't be.

8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Count me in as well.  Not a Holly fan here whatsoever, but this is true.

If Cersten's name is pronounced with a hard "C", then what's with the "certified" part of her user name?  Has Kelli been saying her name wrong but was never corrected?

LOL! I just think that she liked the name. I don't think it has anything to do w/ pronunciation or anything.

3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

LOL! I just think that she liked the name. I don't think it has anything to do w/ pronunciation or anything.

Well, then, in my brain I'm going to pronounce it "Kurty Kurtified" ;-)

• Love 2

She looks great and I like they aren’t showing her from the back....because what she’s wearing,  I believe is  the same thong (sort of) bathing suit. (Think they call them “cheeky”) I agree with a couple other posters about them being WAY too scantily clad for this years calendar...but now I’m .hoping next years shoot will be less skimp, more beauty...

Edited by Jesslyn
Typo
  • Love 1
On 11/1/2017 at 3:53 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Yep, strange because otherwise she’s a really powerful dancer. I guess we all have our moments. Hopefully that was her one and only. 

Look at this intro waddle she's doing! How can they keep her in the front visitors corner like that? lol It's uncomfortable to watch. 

Edit: I just looked at a picture of the thunderstruck pyramid.... is that Lauren?

Edited by tajalexander
12 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Look at this intro waddle she's doing! How can they keep her in the front visitors corner like that? lol It's uncomfortable to watch. 

Edit: I just looked at a picture of the thunderstruck pyramid.... is that Lauren?

More than likely Tara  it’s short blonde hair, no curls. She looks like she’s tripping over herself  

Easy to see positions of the triangle now. Thanks team! 

Edited by HowdeeDo

From the far view it appears she is really struggling still with the long GRACEFUL steps required to do each 5 yards but from head on, she doesn't appear that bad.  Then at one point towards the end of the song where they are going back into the triangle, she is sooo far off that she stretches her legs to wide to try and get over there.

5 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Calendar release today. No signs yet of who’s what month but I think Kelsey is January from the comment Brodie made. 

Calendars.com has had it for pre-order for a while.  You can see all the calendars and who is what month on each.

As far as I know, there are only two girls with "short" (shoulder-length or so) blond hair and that is Tara and Christina.  Between those two, it's more likely Christina who has the issues than Tara, especially since Tara has straight blonde hair and Christina's hair is wavier.  Also, the video has three emojis (heart, football, heart) then Christina in the title so that points to Christina being the individual in question (even if she and Tara were in the same group).

Edited by EricaShadows
On 11/1/2017 at 2:34 PM, sleepyjean said:

Kelli is always dipping a toe into that "edgy" lane. She pushes that envelope ever so slightly to keep the men interested, and maybe some of the more fashion-forward women in the audience too. I think she feels she has to do that as part of keeping the DCC relevant/current. And also, that's just what she seems to like. It's just interesting to me to see this from a group that markets itself so heavily to little girls as role models/aspirational figures. I mean, I guess children don't really get the sex aspect of this business, it goes right over their heads, but if I had a daughter who was into the DCC, I wouldn't buy her that calendar. Maybe that's why they started to produce the other types of calendars, for people who find the more overt sexuality of the swimsuit calendar to be a little too much.

The Texans Cheerleaders are much more conservative than the DCC (relatively speaking, of course!) and the bikinis in their calendar tend to be more full coverage. That's more to my taste, personally. I've never seen the HTC do poses where their top is untied or it looks like they're about to pull down their (already microscopic) bikini bottoms.

The owner of the Houston Texans is much more conservative than Jerry Jones. I’m not surprised at all that the Texans Cheerleaders are more conservative.

On 11/2/2017 at 7:58 PM, HowdeeDo said:

I love this shot of Chantal. Simple pose and suit, also love that her curls are more soft. More of this, less thongs please! 

I love it, too! Nice suit without a million triangles cut out of it to show every inch of skin possible. This looks so much better!

18 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Calendar release today. No signs yet of who’s what month but I think Kelsey is January from the comment Brodie made. 

I thought they did that already. Did you really write this in November 2017?  LOL  This thread swapperoo is confusing!

12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Amy

Crap.  Forgot about her.  So that makes THREE girls with short blond hair.  Still, Christina seems to be the only one who fit the person in that video (unless I'm letting the title give it by the person posting it to Youtube mislead me).

If @HowdeeDo says it was Tara messing up, I trust it was Tara messing up, she is awesome at picking out who is who in these videos.  I'm so bad at picking things out I didn't see anybody mess up,  I thought they looked good.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I thought they did that already. Did you really write this in November 2017?  LOL  This thread swapperoo is confusing!

That was for the magazine, and maybe the announcement of the calendar presale. They had the calendar party release last night. 

48 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If @HowdeeDo says it was Tara messing up, I trust it was Tara messing up, she is awesome at picking out who is who in these videos.  I'm so bad at picking things out I didn't see anybody mess up,  I thought they looked good.

I’m 99.9 percent sure it’s Tara. In the video her and Lauren swapped places. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:58 AM, missmansfield said:

How does she do it so long??!!  It really wears on your body.

(Oops, I see it has already been covered above).  Sorry!

In a recent podcast Jinelle said cheering for the Rubgy team was different than cheering for the DCC.  She said they had stools to sit on when they weren't performing. I remember when she was a rookie TCC and couldn't get the field entrance routine.  Kelli asked her how they came out and she said just running and waving their poms.  So it probably wasn't as strenuous as the DCC.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2017 at 9:00 PM, tajalexander said:

The blonde on the right edge of the pyramid is Christina , I've seen it in pics. Is that who do you mean ? 

Edited by mmm