Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, mmm said:

The blonde on the right edge of the pyramid is Christina , I've seen it in pics. Is that who do you mean ? 

That’s who I’m talking about but I’m pretty sure that’s not Christina. Christina is the next blonde back in that line. I’m also saying that because she misses her yardlines and we know that was a Christina issue.

E89523C6-15D3-4196-B0F6-231410B374A0.jpeg

(edited)

It's a real shame if these were really the *best* photos of these two.  I understand why they shot Selina from the back since they mentioned concerns about her weight, but what are they trying to hide on these two?

Also, does anyone know why they don't have new photos for KaShara this season?

59fe78bb3e335_2017DCC_KalyssaSingleton(yr1).jpg.911d977005165e0330a024547bb2ddd6.jpg59fe78c0c36ce_2017DCC_LaurenParker(yr1).jpg.1772be2d80531c954379cf66621811d0.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

I hate that back pose with any cheerleader. Lauren and Kalyssa are both absolutely beautiful girls but the shorts are just not very flattering at that angle. I also think there's too much white with that pose. I guess they do it for variety but tbh I'd rather see a bunch of arm-glued-to-head poses than that, or at least save it for girls who are looking thick, not 8 pack Lauren. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, tajalexander said:

That’s who I’m talking about but I’m pretty sure that’s not Christina. Christina is the next blonde back in that line. I’m also saying that because she misses her yardlines and we know that was a Christina issue.

E89523C6-15D3-4196-B0F6-231410B374A0.jpeg

Apparently we are both wrong it's Lauren  

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_19044.jpg

Edited by mmm
14 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

It makes Lauren look like her thighs and hips are big, and one leg looks disproportionately larger than the other. We know girlfriend ain't got an ounce of fat on her. SMH. 

Omg EXACTLY thank you! I wish I had Lauren’s figure on her bad days! All of these dancers look great. As someone who struggled with dancer girth back in day, I feel horrible for the Tashas, Selinas, Stephanies. I don’t even know how the ones who have full time jobs or school can manage working out AND DCC life. Props to them.  Now, please let them take beautiful photos, not LOOK AT DIS BOOTAY. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

It's not Lauren. In the video they've both switched places. 

Since when ? Lexie posted this pic today

Edited by mmm

I watching the Insta stories on the sidelines, and In Jenna's ,Lacey's and  Kashara's  that the group leaders has to count down out loud the last 4 counts for the girls to end the dance. I didn't know that was a thing before.

When know very little about the process of dancing through the games but I think that's super interesting I wish the showed that more of the show.

I've big DCC follower for years and i've only known that the group has to pick the side line dances randomly this year. But I know that sidelines are different from the quarter changes dance they are shorter and the don't change formation in them obviously bec they don't have that much space. 

But i've a ton of questions I noticed on insta stories that the groups shuffle around. I always thought every group has their place on the field ? is That new ?

Also what happened to the decks ? I don't think the girls have performed on them the last two year?

Edited by mmm
4 minutes ago, mmm said:

I watching the Insta stories on the sidelines, and In Jenna's ,Lacey's and  Kashara's  that the group leaders has to count down out loud the last 4 counts for the girls to end the dance. I didn't know that was a thing before.

When know very little about the process of dancing through the games but I think that's super interesting I wish the showed that more of the show.

I've big DCC follower for years and i've only known that the group has to pick the side line dances randomly this year. But I know that sidelines are different from the quarter changes dance they are shorter and the don't change formation in them obviously bec they don't have that much change. 

But i've a ton of questions I noticed on insta stories that the groups shuffle around. I always thought every group has their place on the field ? is That new ?

Also what happened to the decks ? I don't think the girls have performed on them the last two year?

The group's change corners every quarter I believe. They no longer use the decks for safety reasons. I believe someone (not a cheerleader ) fell off or almost fell off of one during an event. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, mmm said:

I've big DCC follower for years and i've only known that the group has to pick the side line dances randomly this year. But I know that sidelines are different from the quarter changes dance they are shorter and the don't change formation in them obviously bec they don't have that much change. 

The groups rotate at the end of every quarter. They’ve always done this, even back at Texas Stadium. 

• Love 2

They've been doing performances since they open At&t stadium. And nothing happened to a cheerleader I don't see how they're risky now after 6 years. 

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Videos from today - All 4 groups 

I still can't get over that Heather was chosen as 2nd group leader over Simone or Chantel. Even tho Chantel was one of the leaders on the Mavs and has alot more professional experience than Heather. 

Question for @ShellyB or anyone else in-the-know: Alexandria made the squad and danced in the pre-season games, maybe one or so in season. Then she got called home because of a family illness, obviously a serious one. So, if the situation became resolved and she chose to return, would she return as a Vet for next season (because of the circumstance) or would she need to start at the bottom again?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, mmm said:

I've big DCC follower for years and i've only known that the group has to pick the side line dances randomly this year. But I know that sidelines are different from the quarter changes dance they are shorter and the don't change formation in them obviously bec they don't have that much space. 

1. It's always been a "thing" so that they all know when to stop at the same time. I've heard it in years past in the background. It just never stood out to me.

2. Not new; all teams rotate their cheerleaders for each quarter during the game so that the crowd gets to see the variety.

3. Not for use anymore. They're slanted, so they've always were a risk. Though nothing has yet happened, they stopped doing those for preventative measures. Heck, someone could have potentially slipped or something.

10 hours ago, mmm said:

They've been doing performances since they open At&t stadium. And nothing happened to a cheerleader I don't see how they're risky now after 6 years. 

I still can't get over that Heather was chosen as 2nd group leader over Simone or Chantel. Even tho Chantel was one of the leaders on the Mavs and has alot more professional experience than Heather. 

Maybe they felt Heather was a better leader.

11 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Question for @ShellyB or anyone else in-the-know: Alexandria made the squad and danced in the pre-season games, maybe one or so in season. Then she got called home because of a family illness, obviously a serious one. So, if the situation became resolved and she chose to return, would she return as a Vet for next season (because of the circumstance) or would she need to start at the bottom again?

She would be considered a Rookie since she didn’t complete a full year. 

11 hours ago, Tootie said:

@ShellyB  Did Amy officially become a member of Show Group or did she just fill in on some of the trips?  Thanks!

No....she’s been added to shows when we’ve had 16 instead of the normal 12 dance. The trips she took were prior to SG being formally announce and/or were scheduled and booked for ticket purposes before auditions. Many of our travel events are booked 2-6 months in advance. When they occur close to auditions or beginning of training camp, we ask vets that are reauditioning. In the unforeseen circumstance that they do not make the team, we can change the name on the ticket...but it doesn’t happen very often. 

Edited by ShellyB
4 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She would be considered a Rookie since she didn’t complete a full year. 

Ah, that's too bad. She worked really hard all summer to memorize and perfect all those dances. Life sometimes derails our dreams. I wonder if she'll come back again. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

Ah, that's too bad. She worked really hard all summer to memorize and perfect all those dances. Life sometimes derails our dreams. I wonder if she'll come back again. 

I doubt it. I don’t think DCC was as big of a dream for her as it was for others 

18 hours ago, mmm said:

Agreed. I’d be pissed if I were a third year

Maybe Heather is more of a stand out DCC. To me, seniority should not play a factor in who gets to be a leader, point girl, Show Group, or Pro Bowl Girl. I also do think Simone and Chantel are more of blender style type DCC and dancers. Neither one stand out to me.

Agreed about Jinelle. I’ve been critical of group 2 and have called them the weakest group several times, but i thought Jinelle looked great and that her group looked really good on Sunday.

It’s not apples to apples because they’re all doing different dances, but based off of just those dances, I preferred Jinelle to Lacey and Kashara in terms of group leaders. Lacey was far too bouncy IMO for that dance (Robin looked better to me), and while Kashara looked great in the first half but after she made that small error, it almost looked like she was starting to lose it a bit by the end. 

Group 1 remains the strongest at every level IMO. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Is Emma filling in? It looks like her in 11th one.

I was looking at the cameos and some  aren't that good. 

Keyra's eyes look huge.

Khalyn doesn't even look like herself.

Gina always seems to have that snotty face in her pictures.

Molly and Rachel almost look like the same person.

Robin's doesn't look right, her face looks odd shaped. 

Selina's face looks fake

Tasha's neck looks weird; her neck bones  are showing

Edited by MrsEVH
13 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Is Emma filling in? It looks like her in 11th one.

Her and Jenna are filling in. I believe Simone is still out with a back injury and maybe Jenn will fill in for the season for Alexandria? Not sure if pulling an all star or restating is the plan. 

Edited by HowdeeDo

Oh, are they using an All Star to fill in for Alexandria? I just assumed that Emma and Jenn were there for Simone and Khalyn. Khalyn’s injury must be quite serious as she wasn’t even dancing on the sidelines with Group 4. I’m assuming that Simone sitting out is more related to the jump split (especially if its a back injury). 

53 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Oh, are they using an All Star to fill in for Alexandria? I just assumed that Emma and Jenn were there for Simone and Khalyn. Khalyn’s injury must be quite serious as she wasn’t even dancing on the sidelines with Group 4. I’m assuming that Simone sitting out is more related to the jump split (especially if its a back injury). 

Simone talked about all her injuries on the latest DCC podcast.  She said they call her "Accident prone Simone".

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Her and Jenna are filling in. I believe Simone is still out with a back injury and maybe Jenn will fill in for the season for Alexandria? Not sure if pulling an all star or restating is the plan. 

I think Jenn K is filling in for Khayln. I hope she can come back this season. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe Heather is more of a stand out DCC. To me, seniority should not play a factor in who gets to be a leader, point girl, Show Group, or Pro Bowl Girl. I also do think Simone and Chantel are more of blender style type DCC and dancers. Neither one stand out to me.

I don't think you've seen Chantel dancing, go watch the group 2 vid she's better than both Heather & Kashara. I feel that way about Heather. 

Plus I think it's bad form to choose a 2nd year over a more senior vet. 

19 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Good leadership is a skill. Some people have it, most people don't. Longevity doesn't make you a good leader. Maybe Simone and Chantel just haven't demonstrated those qualities the way Heather has.

Chantel was literally a GL at the Mavs. The 2nd best cheer team in dallas 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, mmm said:

I don't think you've seen Chantel dancing, go watch the group 2 vid she's better than both Heather & Kashara. I feel that way about Heather. 

Chantel was literally a GL at the Mavs. The 2nd best cheer team in dallas 

We’re talking about second GL which is just a small portion of leadership. GL has never been about who’s the best dancer or necessarily who’s most senior. I highly doubt Chantal is losing sleep over it, heck she could have turned it down. Not everyone is able to give more than they already do for the team.

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I think Jenn K is filling in for Khayln. I hope she can come back this season. 

Emma is dancing in Khalyns position. Simone danced in the last pre game, as did Jenn K, so I think it was a sub in for Alexandria. 

• Love 1

I can foresee Madeline trying it again next season and being cut. 

Also, KALYSSA!!!! I’m not a fan of the choreo, but she sure as hell made the most of it. I see her working her way right up that Thunderstruck pyramid. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Also, KALYSSA!!!! I’m not a fan of the choreo, but she sure as hell made the most of it. I see her working her way right up that Thunderstruck pyramid. 

LOL, she is doing the most, isn't she? She's very entertaining. From day 1 I never doubted for a second she'd make the team.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, mmm said:

Chantel was literally a GL at the Mavs. The 2nd best cheer team in dalla

So what? I don't think that means she's a better leader for DCC. I'm sure they chose their leaders based on what's best for the DCC and not based on who they cheered with before. I don't see how it's "bad" to choose a 2nd year over a more senior if they aren't qualified. Look at Former DCC Kelsey.

15 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

We’re talking about second GL which is just a small portion of leadership. GL has never been about who’s the best dancer or necessarily who’s most senior. I highly doubt Chantal is losing sleep over it, heck she could have turned it down. Not everyone is able to give more than they already do for the team.

This.

• Love 1