Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Slew said:

Even when Kelsey supposedly nailed the question and the room burst into applause she didn't really have any idea what she was talking about. A linebacker is a defensive player but the responsibility is not often to sack the quarterback.

THIS.

10 hours ago, Slew said:

If you want to know how many people in that stadium are preoccupied with Christina lacking 3 inches on her left leg kick, start with 2 max.

AND this!

I'm not sure this opinion is unpopular on here or just with Kelli.  I've been watching several of the past seasons, so they're all kind of a mish-mash & I don't remember what season it was, but there was a TCC who said she was nervous with K & J watching her.  When Kelli asked her if she can't handle that, how could she handle thousands of people watching her, and she said she finds that easier, which caused Kelli to more or less roll her eyes.  Well, I completely agree with the TCC.  I used to sing back in the day.  For me, it was so much easier to see a bunch of generic eyes watching me than that one person you'd make eye contact with during an audition.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, mmm said:

I am watching it , they did a dance video and she didn't mention once that she's a DCC.

I could be totally wrong, but I think that this is actually a rule, that she can't mention being a DCC when dancing in a non-DCC capacity because it would imply it was DCC endorsed.

16 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Shannon gave her more opportunities to talk than Jinelle it seems like, or maybe Kashara just talks a lot. 

I have a feeling Kashara loves the sound of her own voice.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I could be totally wrong, but I think that this is actually a rule, that she can't mention being a DCC when dancing in a non-DCC capacity because it would imply it was DCC endorsed.

It was stupid Dance partner challenge nothing official although I remember when Dccs give dance classes they usually say they are dcc. Youtubers usually do this challenge because it's funny when they can't do the moves but for obvious reasons she's very good.I just think it's probably if don't know that she's DCC (or a dancer) that  she's doing handstands,flips and knows the names of the steps with no explanation for it.

Also I watched another Video where her & her BF were doing a Trivia challenge and the person behind the camera gave her a football question then a CMT question and she yelled at "Y are you asking questions about my other job?"

Edited by mmm

Danielle was brought back because Kelli and Charlotte knew people would call out the organization for cutting her after Cassie came back after knee surgery for her fifth and last year in Season 7. I could imagine what would have happened if Danielle was cut and was not allowed to come back because of her injury. She almost was cut for gaining weight, and her association with Chelsea during TC, but she was able to pull herself together well enough to please Kelli. I also think Charlotte has participated in TC, but it is not shown on the show. She has a major say in who goes and who stays. I have noticed girls who she likes seem to make it into TC or the team even if Kelli and especially Judy do not care for the girl.

Charlotte is an owner and executive. It is not her job to be at practice every night. That’s what executive level leadership does I.e. let the underlings do the dirty details, then waltz in and drop the axe or reward the crown. So of course she’s only there during strategic times, and considering the whole Cowboys universe, they puny little cheerleaders and some reality show are not her priority.

As for Kelli and Judy should ignore her - she’s their BOSS. Even if they do know far more about dance, they can’t ignore the person who signs their paychecks. 

• Love 4

I actually LOVE THUNDERSTRUCK! Whenever I hear it, I don't care where I am, I usually do my rendition of the pregame dance. I forget it's AC/DC... it is forever linked to DCC in my mind. I wouldn't change it.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, bk10 said:

I just came here to say that this picture makes me uncomfortable. She looks like a child who should not be wearing that bathing suit or posing like that. Who picks these pictures?

I think Maddie looks great! I also think it might help her look older/more mature if they let her grow her hair out a bit longer. I  don’t know why I think that but I would be curious to see her like that.

• Love 2

Yeah I don’t see an issue with that picture. Maddie looks young all of the time, but she certainly looks old enough to be wearing a bathing suit. It’s not like she looks like she’s 8, and in DCC world, that bathing suit and pose is fairly modest. Kelsey’s cutout bikini and the poses where they untie the bikini strings probably wouldn’t suit Maddie but I think she looks nice there.

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 4

I just think that swimsuit is hideous. Maddie looks adorable, though she does read as almost underage, but that suit is awful. That band up her midsection is so pointless. It would have looked better in a bikini. 

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I could imagine what would have happened if Danielle was cut and was not allowed to come back because of her injury.

Not much, I reckon. There would've been a lot of complaining here, probably some whingeing on social media. But it's not like there would've been a huge boycott, or people surrounding Kelli and Judy at games, demanding an explanation. This show isn't that serious for most people.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Not much, I reckon. There would've been a lot of complaining here, probably some whingeing on social media. But it's not like there would've been a huge boycott, or people surrounding Kelli and Judy at games, demanding an explanation. This show isn't that serious for most people.

I do remember people calling out Judy for defending Cassie in her first year after the one scene where Cassie was called out during TC in her rookie year. Cassie had mono and asked someone for an inhaler. They jumped on Mentor Melissa in Season 2 for not bringing her A+ veteran game and not being a good example for the rookie candidates during a TC practice while she was sick with mono. Kelli and Judy both apologized to Melissa after viewers and fans were saying Judy was making excuses for Cassie running out of gas after getting on Melissa's case for being sick and miserable during TC with the same illness Cassie had.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 10/23/2017 at 3:02 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Dear Shannon, Cowboys HQ, K&J:

Relationship status questions are NOT appropriate. Do you not see the sleezy comments they get from old men (especially the swimsuit throwback they’re doing)? Cut it out, you could tell they didn’t want to answer it. 

This!!! So inappropriate and awkward

• Love 3

Hope this is in the right topic, but:

1. Can someone identify the music played during the 1st Hall of Fame practices?  (song had "...come over baby...oh yeah.." & before Maddie got overheated)

2. Who is the blonde again on Point at the DCC-MTT episode intros, etc?

3. Do they ever list the songs used during practice/training camp?

12 minutes ago, swissair100 said:

Hope this is in the right topic, but:

1. Can someone identify the music played during the 1st Hall of Fame practices?  (song had "...come over baby...oh yeah.." & before Maddie got overheated)

2. Who is the blonde again on Point at the DCC-MTT episode intros, etc?

3. Do they ever list the songs used during practice/training camp?

Holly Hubbard is in the intro. Sometimes they list the songs, though most are easily recognizable or remixes of recent pop songs. 

42 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Maddie trying to be "sexy" makes me cringe. Like no, just no.

Screenshot_20171025-003414.jpg

The pose is awful! The first thing my eyes go to is her stomach. The pose makes her look bloated. Then my eye goes to the arch in her back. With her arm covering the bend up & her upper body so arched, it looks like her bottom half & top half don't belong together, like they're photoshopped together.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do remember people calling out Judy for defending Cassie in her first year after the one scene where Cassie was called out during TC in her rookie year. Cassie had mono and asked someone for an inhaler. They jumped on Mentor Melissa in Season 2 for not bringing her A+ veteran game and not being a good example for the rookie candidates during a TC practice while she was sick with mono. Kelli and Judy both apologized to Melissa after viewers and fans were saying Judy was making excuses for Cassie running out of gas after getting on Melissa's case for being sick and miserable during TC with the same illness Cassie had.

I believe Cassie said she had asthma as her excuse when she “ran out of gas”. It seemed very much like an excuse. They show an interview with her saying how it was embarrassing to be the girl who needed an inhaler. 

Judy said Cassie had mono the same night so she was not able to bring her A game because she was sick. Posters and fans were calling her out on making excuses for Cassie after she and Kelli called out Melissa for the same thing a year before. I think it was discussed on the old CMT DCC:MTT forum.

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy said Cassie had mono the same night so she was not able to bring her A game because she was sick. Posters and fans were calling her out on making excuses for Cassie after she and Kelli called out Melissa for the same thing a year before. I think it was discussed on the old CMT DCC:MTT forum.

Whatever the excuse Cassie should have been held to the same standard as the other girls and listen to the criticism and say her “Yes ma’am” just like the other girls but nope Cassie gets to have all the excuses in the world. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

Whatever the excuse Cassie should have been held to the same standard as the other girls and listen to the criticism and say her “Yes ma’am” just like the other girls but nope Cassie gets to have all the excuses in the world. 

can i take a moment on the 'yes ma'am' front to note how f-ing annoying it is that they say this every 25 seconds?  I appreciate the yes ma'am no ma'am thing to some extent, but I feel like all these girls grew up watching this show and now it's gotten out of control.  

I seem to remember one season that a TCC got yelled at by Kelly for not JUST saying "yes ma'am" and instead gave excuses, but I think that was more like 'don't give excuses' not 'the only acceptable thing to come out of your mouth is 'yes ma'am''.  I feel like it's morphed into every girl like a bobble head nodding saying it 20 times with each critique.  Wouldn't just 'yes' or 'no' also be fine in some instances????

• Love 2

I can't help but wonder if Kelli and Judy get annoyed by all the "yes ma'am" stuff as well. I know I would. It's not really a sign of respect so much as a sign of terror. These girls are so afraid of being cut they'll say "yes, your royal greatness" if that's what got them to stay.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:10 PM, Slew said:

I didn't care about Kat's dress. Maybe it was inappropriate although that didn't jump out to me at the time. In watching that segment I remember a distinct split in which Kelli seemed to think the criticism was overboard and so did the other woman whose name I forget right now. She normally sticks up for every borderline veteran and called Kat a "no brainer." Naturally the woman who asked the dress question went negative...prioritizing her own question..

Brenda was the one who asked Kat about her dress.  Kristi is the judge who usually sticks up for the vets.

Another comment on the "yes, ma'am's."  I was re-watching the last episode of Season 6 recently - the scene where they were outside on the practice field and had just finished kick line.  Good God, the "yes ma'am's" were out of control.  Literally, they're all standing there while Judy was giving critiques, and Judy wouldn't even be done speaking....all she had to do was pause briefly in her comments and EVERY SINGLE GIRL would say "yes, ma'am" in unison.  Like perfectly trained parrots.

The squad reveal in that same episode was terrible as well.  Kelli seriously sounded like she was still giving critiques and then wondered why they were all still sitting there, wide-eyed.  They played it off like the girls were SO nervous and had been through SO much that they didn't realize she had announced the squad, but Kelli's delivery sucked.

• Love 4
On 10/19/2017 at 4:34 PM, Pink-n-Green said:

This reminds me of....dang, I can't remember her name.  She and Cassie ganged up on some TCC one night at rehearsal.  Now this is gonna drive me crazy.

Was it Ally Traylor and Cassie that ganged up on Taylor? 

10 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Another comment on the "yes, ma'am's."  I was re-watching the last episode of Season 6 recently - the scene where they were outside on the practice field and had just finished kick line.  Good God, the "yes ma'am's" were out of control.  Literally, they're all standing there while Judy was giving critiques, and Judy wouldn't even be done speaking....all she had to do was pause briefly in her comments and EVERY SINGLE GIRL would say "yes, ma'am" in unison.  Like perfectly trained parrots.

The squad reveal in that same episode was terrible as well.  Kelli seriously sounded like she was still giving critiques and then wondered why they were all still sitting there, wide-eyed.  They played it off like the girls were SO nervous and had been through SO much that they didn't realize she had announced the squad, but Kelli's delivery sucked.

LOL I was just watching that last night and thought the same thing. However, that squad reveal was no worse than that of Season 5. It cannot possibly be worse than that.

9 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Yes.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

LOL I was just watching that last night and thought the same thing. However, that squad reveal was no worse than that of Season 5. It cannot possibly be worse than that.

9 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Yes.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:27 PM, Dccfanatic said:

Thunderstruck is the worst song and does not fire anyone up. When I look at the audience of videos, whether at the stadium or at events, I don’t see people get excited about the song. I don’t even mind the dance itself. I think the song is so dated and almost embarrassing. They could do way, way better. For ex, I loved the dance for the HoF. 

Could it be because it contains the lyrics, "Went through to Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun" they think it will resonate with the crowd?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Could it be because it contains the lyrics, "Went through to Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun" they think it will resonate with the crowd?

More than likely. They need to retire this song. If we never hear, "I Like It Loud" by Big and Rich ever again, that is also perfectly fine by me. #overplayed.

3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

When Kelli announced the squad on the Jerrytron, that was one of the best ways to do so. These girls work HARD! They deserve an announcement that is big and splashy. 

8 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Yeah, it probably is why they think that, but it is wrong thinking. If they really wanted something with Texas in it, they could afford to pay a musician to make a really awesome song that is just for them! That would be so cool!! I don’t see young men who are football fans (majority) liking Thunderstruck. They want something more modern. Not even saying it has to be hip hop, but just something less obviously dated. It has run its course and now it is time to move on. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Oh, I forgot about that one! Totally manufactured for TV drama...no way they are going through all that squad photo prep and cutting someone, although it would’ve made for awesome TV. And they really should have cut Stephanie that year, especially after Liz got the axe for the same issue.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

Yeah, it probably is why they think that, but it is wrong thinking. If they really wanted something with Texas in it, they could afford to pay a musician to make a really awesome song that is just for them! That would be so cool!! I don’t see young men who are football fans (majority) liking Thunderstruck. They want something more modern. Not even saying it has to be hip hop, but just something less obviously dated. It has run its course and now it is time to move on. 

But is it the music the young men really care about?

My unpopular opinion: I have never really seen the appeal of Amy. She doesn't look like a DCC. To me she just doesn't have a pretty face. Then tonight when I heard her talk (for the first time ever I think?) it just confirmed what I already thought.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

My unpopular opinion: I have never really seen the appeal of Amy. She doesn't look like a DCC. To me she just doesn't have a pretty face. Then tonight when I heard her talk (for the first time ever I think?) it just confirmed what I already thought.

Thats why shes still middle of pyramid. Sarah G endorsed her.

She always sounds stupid when she talks. Kelli likes that she is a sheep.

8 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

48 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Thats why shes still middle of pyramid. Sarah G endorsed her.

She always sounds stupid when she talks. Kelli likes that she is a sheep.

I disagree. I didn’t really notice her until this performance and realized she’s one of the better veteran dancers at the DCC style, especially in this section.

• Love 4

I think Amy is a great dancer although she doesn’t have a glamorous look. For example, I think she looks good here and in the clip posted in the post above: 

There was a plaza performance video posted last year, and that was the first time I really noticed her. No ideas what ig account that was posted on however. 

• Love 3

Amy L is stunning and a great dancer. I think she just talks a lot, but you can tell from her slip up last night that she took it seriously. 

Mostly unpopular opinion: I just don’t get Kashara, and I’ve tried y’all. Nothing about her is appealing visually or dance wise. I mean she’s cute, but Kelli thinks she’s the sexiest thing on this planet and is obsessed with her sassy-sexy-southern thing going on. Her bias with her seems bigger than Texas. I don’t know how to phrase it without sounding hurtful, but her accent is WAY too much, and this comes from a southern woman with family who grew up in the sticks. It’s not charming or endearing, and I’m surprised they haven’t recommended she see a speech trainer to kind of loosen it up a bit. A little southern is cute, but hers is like nails on a chalkboard. /end rant. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I think Amy is a great dancer although she doesn’t have a glamorous look. For example, I think she looks good here and in the clip posted in the post above: 

There was a plaza performance video posted last year, and that was the first time I really noticed her. No ideas what ig account that was posted on however. 

Amy L fan too.  She is a great performer and more of the cutesy type with Maddie. Also agree with Bytor that she seems genuinely sweet.  I can't say I've ever heard her speak much tho like at appearances or in a live chat (i assume she's been featured on one?).  I will be really surprised if she comes back next year tho. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I just don’t get Kashara, and I’ve tried y’all. Nothing about her is appealing visually or dance wise. I mean she’s cute, but Kelli thinks she’s the sexiest thing on this planet and is obsessed with her sassy-sexy-southern thing going on. Her bias with her seems bigger than Texas.

ALL of this!  Whenever I hear "KaSexy" I think in my head how "KaStupid" that name is.

• Love 7

I think Kashara is great. I don’t see her being outdanced by anyone, and she’s very personable. That accent and personality is just HER. She’s not faking or exaggerating.

I think she’s one of the few who isn’t afraid to joke and show her personality instead of being extremely plastic or rehearsed.

KaSexy is stupid though, I must admit.

The name KaSexy is stupid, not KaShara herself. She’s pretty sharp.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The name KaSexy is stupid, not KaShara herself.

Yeah, even though Kashara is really annoying me, I certainly wouldn't call her stupid.  If anything, I think she knows how to play the game and is doing it quite well.

• Love 1