Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I find it interesting the girls are choosing diseases their family members have dealt with. I have nothing against bringing certain diseases to light because I have lost family members to cancer and had a great aunt die from dementia, but it would be nice to see one of the girls pick a cause like domestic abuse, animal abuse, organ donation, kidney disease, or homeless veterans. I also bet dollars to donuts Kelli and Charlotte double check the causes because *gasp* they cannot pick a cause that could cause a black eye to the DCC and Dallas Cowboys organizations.

The point is MY Cause. Better they pick something they care about personally  - bc a family member dealt with it - than some random cause they thought was cool or trendy. 

I can't get mad at them for wanting to promote something sincere to their hearts. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

The point is MY Cause. Better they pick something they care about personally  - bc a family member dealt with it - than some random cause they thought was cool or trendy. 

I can't get mad at them for wanting to promote something sincere to their hearts. 

I understand what you are saying, but I still not help but wonder if they were told to be careful what causes to pick because certain causes can stir up trouble aka domestic abuse since one of the Dallas Cowboys football players was suspended for six games after being accused of abusing an ex-girlfriend. I guess Kelli and Charlotte would not like the one I would pick since domestic abuse would be one I would go for since I grew up in a domestic abuse environment. Oh what the heck! Kelli and Charlotte would not pick me to be a DCC because I would not be willing to kiss up to them and want to be a perfect little DCC 24/7/365 because I like to question things and state my mind too much.

Thoughts on the Halftime: girls looked great, everyone seemed more relaxed even though the music was a snooze fest. Seriously, dancing to slow paced country jams makes no sense to me. 

In particular Jenna, Amy, Stephanie, and Khalyn had good energy. Lauren messed up a bit - she was towards the end of the line on the left but probably not super noticeable to most people. 

• Love 4

Happy Thanksgiving!  Watched the halftime show and while the guy singer, country artist, I dont remember his name, was meh..  I thought DCC looked great and like they were havin fun. Despite the issues with Jenna, there was a cute ,moment when the DCC walked down the sides of the singer guy and they all went down the platform and Kashara and Jenna were in front on each side of him and they looked so pretty and cute. 

5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Thoughts on the Halftime: girls looked great, everyone seemed more relaxed even though the music was a snooze fest. Seriously, dancing to slow paced country jams makes no sense to me. 

In particular Jenna, Amy, Stephanie, and Khalyn had good energy. Lauren messed up a bit - she was towards the end of the line on the left but probably not super noticeable to most people. 

Yes. The girls were great and Amy looked awesome! Hes no Luke Bryan!

• Love 2

As someone who has a personal reason to support an “off brand” cause (off brand is MY term), I don’t think you can fault anyone for choosing or not choosing any good cause - that’s just reaching, to me. 

Edited by Lunacat
  • Love 2
On November 20, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Acromantula said:

That's neat to hear that Alexis is such a standout! She seemed not to get much attention at TC, didn't do that many interviews, and I don't recall Kelli or Judy calling her out or praising her much. I always wonder about the rookies who don't get as much attention from the cameras...I think the show likes to focus on the best and the worst, so I tend to believe that the others are just blenders, etc. 

How did you find Lexie, Molly, Rachael, and Tara's dancing, might I ask? I felt like they all got far less screen time and I'd be curious to know what impression they give on the field...

Well now that I have seen more...Alexis is kind of the weakest of the rookies in her group but she standsout based off her stature and looks but she keeps up with Jenna, Maggie, Kerya, Amy..I think she will become like a Justine for the 04-09 years..

Lexie is in Jenna's group she does well, but the other blondes in her group Maggie, Amy, Kalssa def catch my eye more... I think though the times I do see her she dances well and the camera likes her.

Molly&Rachael really arent bad but not like standouts I sometimes forget who they are when Im looking at their group. Also not to judge the girls, but this year have been a heavier looking rookie group alot seem loose in the tummy.

Tara - She dances super well I think she is somewhat better than Gina who to be honest is super extra haha more but thats not a bad thing I guess.

• Love 2
On November 19, 2017 at 7:09 PM, mmm said:

she needs to cut that hair into a bob a least , Her hair is DAMAGED and completely fried !!

No middle parts are really in right now, alot of celebs are doing it.

Chantel is Game day girl, I wish she got more attention. I think she's one of the best dancers , She one of the prettiest on the team and she the best body on the team right now IMO!!

On November 19, 2017 at 9:25 PM, CaseyRe said:

That doesn't mean it's flattering or a good look for the girl. and if a middle part isn't flattering, no amount of 'but Reese Witherspoon wears her hair like this' is going to make it look good. in her audition stuff it was always parted on the side, far more flattering, which makes me think that its K&J or someone like that that determined her look was to be a middle part.  its a shame because the side part is much nicer on her

Chantal is a pretty girl, but I think they need to help her she always looks exhausted/dirty. I hope she isnt sick.

On November 19, 2017 at 6:15 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Milan wasn't performing at the plaza with group 4, injury?

Thats who is missing!!! I was wondering I havent seen her in weeks. -_-

• Love 1

I just read some these last posts and for the life of me couldn't figure out the reason both JennK and Emma were in the formation..I knew Alexandria was gone, but I was super bummed to read Milan was gone she was a fav of mine last season really different look and good dancer...Sad to know she is gone.

So the squad/football season has been a mess though...with Zeke and the NFL

Maddie leaving  before tryouts sketch

Holly Gone

Milan Gone 

Alexandria Gone

Erica hurt

Jenna Exploited for her own bad decisions

girls out of shape...Selena & Rachael

has a squad ever been this messy haha?

2 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I know I shouldn’t rehash who should or shouldn’t be point, but I mean....

I was a pissed that Jinelle wasnt at the top with Jenna.......Senority. for the life of me 

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

I just read some these last posts and for the life of me couldn't figure out the reason both JennK and Emma were in the formation..I knew Alexandria was gone, but I was super bummed to read Milan was gone she was a fav of mine last season really different look and good dancer...Sad to know she is gone.

So the squad/football season has been a mess though...with Zeke and the NFL

Maddie leaving  before tryouts sketch

Holly Gone

Milan Gone 

Alexandria Gone

Erica hurt

Jenna Exploited for her own bad decisions

girls out of shape...Selena & Rachael

has a squad ever been this messy haha?

I was a pissed that Jinelle wasnt at the top with Jenna.......Senority. for the life of me 

What’s this about Maddie leaving before tryouts? She’s still there. 

1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

What’s this about Maddie leaving before tryouts? She’s still there. 

She probably meant Mandy. And Erica was hurt, but we know that’s not the reason she left. 

10 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

Serniorty doesn’t mean as much when it comes to dance ability. If a 2nd year vet outdances a 10 year yet, year 2 will likely be up front. Jinelle can hold her own, but I’ll have to admit Kashara is easier to watch. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I understand what you are saying, but I still not help but wonder if they were told to be careful what causes to pick because certain causes can stir up trouble aka domestic abuse since one of the Dallas Cowboys football players was suspended for six games after being accused of abusing an ex-girlfriend. I guess Kelli and Charlotte would not like the one I would pick since domestic abuse would be one I would go for since I grew up in a domestic abuse environment. Oh what the heck! Kelli and Charlotte would not pick me to be a DCC because I would not be willing to kiss up to them and want to be a perfect little DCC 24/7/365 because I like to question things and state my mind too much.

Maybe one of them did pick more sensitive stuff like domestic violence..if there’s a color associated with it. We didn’t get to hear every story, so we don’t know what all was chosen.

31 minutes ago, Kiki88 said:

Why did Milan leave? 

Something about focusing on school.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Chantal is a pretty girl, but I think they need to help her she always looks exhausted/dirty. I hope she isnt sick.

They changed her hair color and Make up in her second year but it's back to normal this year.

9 hours ago, 8dallas said:

I generally agree but they probably wanted a brunette and a blonde. 

11 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I know I shouldn’t rehash who should or shouldn’t be point, but I mean....

100% agree, they are not doing Kash any favors putting her literally side by side with Jenna. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Kash holds her own. I don't think anybody outdances her except maybe Lacey. 

Jenna is good but not the 'new Holly'. Not miles better than anyone. 

Assuming this is referring to Holly P, I was never a huge Holly fan. She is extremely talented, but her dancing always screamed “look at me, look at me” and not in a good way IMO. I would rather watch Jenna any day over her in DCC choreo. Technical dance is a different matter of course. I would put Holly as a better dancer than Kashara and certainly Jenna and Lacey as better dancers than Kashara as well, but I also would rather watch Kashara than Holly. She’s charismatic in a non-annoying way to me.

Ultimately though, I do think Kelli has done a good job of pulling a team together of girls who appeal to different ppl. It’s probably a good thing that we all think different girls are the best.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

but I also would rather watch Kashara than Holly. She’s charismatic in a non-annoying way to me.

This is where I'm at. Kashara is a joy to watch, she may not be the best, IDK. But when I watch her dance I get lost in the moment, enjoying the show. When I watch Holly dance I think "wow, she's good, but she's so fucking full of herself". IDK how she does it, since she's just dancing, not speaking or anything, but even while just dancing she's so bloody arrogant. It's like it oozed off her. Honestly, great dancer or not, I'm glad she's gone. I think Jenna is a great dancer too. Not the best, but she has the combination of good skill and fun to watch. So she's kind of somewhere between Kashara and Holly. I don't need to see the best technical performers on this team (it's cheerleading. Yes, dance skill is important, but not the most important thing) I want to see the most exciting/fun/watchable. Of course that is different things for different people, which is why Kelli et al choose a variety of types. I do think they do a good job of that. 

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Jinelle is unattractive and that's why she'll never ever be point.  Even if she stays 1000 more years. 

I think Jinelle is a lot more attractive and is the total DCC package than a lot of the other girls.

2 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

Well since Milans dad is a multi millionaire I guess she can afford to just focus on school . Must be nice 

Is she the one whose grandfather or something created the Oreo?

1 hour ago, MamaV said:

Why did Alexandria leave?

Family

Jinelle... I have mixed feelings about. She’s good, but I thinks she’s starting to photograph and videograph a TAD bit on the older looking side compared to some of the girls. I sorta would like to see her as a fuller-time all star (a la Emma and Jenn K) instead of an active DCC. I can totally see her working for the organization on the corporate side, like... international recruiting. 

Just because you can still do something, doesn’t necessarily mean you should. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, mmm said:

100% agree, they are not doing Kash any favors putting her literally side by side with Jenna. 

Jenna outdances KaShara- it’s plain and simple and easy to see. Her not being point dancer at this point is honestly a joke 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

Well since Milans dad is a multi millionaire I guess she can afford to just focus on school . Must be nice 

1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

Is she the one whose grandfather or something created the Oreo?

It must be nice.. how many of us spent hours/days/years perfecting our baking treasures for occasions like yesterday but all we have is full bellies to show for it, as opposed to mega $$s.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

thank you, glad i'm not alone on this lol  i tried to watch jenna but kash was way more exciting to me in that video.  she has all the cute facials and hair flips, jenna is good but nothing special to me at all.  

8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

This is where I'm at. Kashara is a joy to watch, she may not be the best, IDK. But when I watch her dance I get lost in the moment, enjoying the show. When I watch Holly dance I think "wow, she's good, but she's so fucking full of herself". IDK how she does it, since she's just dancing, not speaking or anything, but even while just dancing she's so bloody arrogant. It's like it oozed off her. Honestly, great dancer or not, I'm glad she's gone. I think Jenna is a great dancer too. Not the best, but she has the combination of good skill and fun to watch. So she's kind of somewhere between Kashara and Holly. I don't need to see the best technical performers on this team (it's cheerleading. Yes, dance skill is important, but not the most important thing) I want to see the most exciting/fun/watchable. Of course that is different things for different people, which is why Kelli et al choose a variety of types. I do think they do a good job of that. 

So true!  same with looks.  we can go in circles on that for days..weeks..years...it comes down to personal preferences and i'm thankful they pick a variety of girls. 

• Love 15

I am a huge Bess/Elizabeth fan. She may not be the leaps and turns showgroup type DCC but she is a very strong performer. I enjoy watching her every time. Her group last year was my favorite combo of DCC of all the years. Raylee was fun to watch too. I am sad she is not DCC anymore. I hope Bess comes back for another year.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Jenna outdances KaShara- it’s plain and simple and easy to see. Her not being point dancer at this point is honestly a joke 

Don't see it at all. Lacey is the only one who has majorly stepped up to me.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Jenna is a good performer and a great dancer, but I really doubt she'll be point ever again.  Still, I guess if you're calling being stripped of point (as well as not going to Canton) for not only breaking her contract (to what degree, we're not 100% sure), but shading the truth and trying to wiggle out of it (and back into point) within a few weeks while going about it the wrong way AND not even addressing the point issue with the appropriate people a joke, well that's your opinion, which I don't happen to agree with.  I just see Jenna as not being the person I would want to be the "face" of the team if I were Kelli and Judy and I would really hesitate to send her on appearances because I would wonder what she would say if asked about it.  Hopefully, she would have enough sense to say something like "No comment", "That is an issue between myself and DCC Management", "That is an issue of concern but it has been resolved to the satisfaction of all concerned", or something similar and then she could direct conversation elsewhere.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Totally agree. I watched that halftime clip a few times and there honestly isn't much that Jenna does that is so *extra*...maybe an extra hair flip, but that's about it. My eye kept inching back over to KaShara each watch. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Jenna is a good performer and a great dancer, but I really doubt she'll be point ever again.  Still, I guess if you're calling being stripped of point (as well as not going to Canton) for not only breaking her contract (to what degree, we're not 100% sure), but shading the truth and trying to wiggle out of it (and back into point) within a few weeks while going about it the wrong way AND not even addressing the point issue with the appropriate people a joke, well that's your opinion, which I don't happen to agree with.  I just see Jenna as not being the person I would want to be the "face" of the team if I were Kelli and Judy and I would really hesitate to send her on appearances because I would wonder what she would say if asked about it.  Hopefully, she would have enough sense to say something like "No comment", "That is an issue between myself and DCC Management", "That is an issue of concern but it has been resolved to the satisfaction of all concerned", or something similar and then she could direct conversation elsewhere.

Looks like there is only 2 more home games. If they do get a wild-card spot, they might not have home field advantage.

So, yes, Jenna at point at a game is history and due to the saga of this year, plus she is a six year veteran, it may be time to pursue other opportunities. 

WK    DATE    OPPONENT
13    Thu, Nov 30    vs Washington
14    Sun, Dec 10    @New York
15    Sun, Dec 17    @Oakland
16    Sun, Dec 24    vs Seattle
17    Sun, Dec 31    @ Philadelphia

7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Your strongest dancer should be point. The thousands of fans don’t know back stories- they see the performance. Jenna AND possibly Lacey outdance KaShara. Yes she is amazing but they are better. 

She wont get point back I am aware of that, but in my opinion she should have after Canton. I’m not the only one to say it, people all over this forum, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are tagging Kelli and Judy in comments voicing their opinions that Jenna is the better point option. Judy even replied to one on Twitter. If your organisation is for the public, give them what they want 

• Love 4

Gosh I have a lot to catch up on, been gone for a couple of weeks but have been rewatching the past seasons on CMT.  Wow what a difference from the first season to now.  In some ways for a reality series it has stayed most true to form just way more polished and newer digs etc.  I had no idea Milan left but good for her concentrating on school.  

5 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Your strongest dancer should be point. The thousands of fans don’t know back stories- they see the performance. Jenna AND possibly Lacey outdance KaShara. Yes she is amazing but they are better. 

She wont get point back I am aware of that, but in my opinion she should have after Canton. I’m not the only one to say it, people all over this forum, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are tagging Kelli and Judy in comments voicing their opinions that Jenna is the better point option. Judy even replied to one on Twitter. If your organisation is for the public, give them what they want 

No offense but just because a girl is a good dancer does not mean she should be point girl. A point girl has to be an all around representative of the organization. Jenna broke the rules more than once, and I would not be surprised if she ratted out Holly and Erica to save herself. She should have been cut,  or at least taken out of Show Group, no appearances, and not be in the one of the front three of the triangle. She broke the rules and paid the price for it. The team would have survive without her coming back her sixth year. If she would have pull this crap in a the real world job,  she would have been shown the door. Plus the fact, Kelli, Judy and Charlotte know more about what is going behind the scenes and what we were shown on the show with the rumors and speculation to make the decision not to let Jenna be point girl. Jenna has no one to blame but herself. No one made her break the rules over and over again.

Edited by bigskygirl

There are several great dancers on this squad but that doesn't mean they all deserve point. It takes a lot more than being a powerhouse to be deserving of the spot. Especially after Judy talking about the point position this season on MTT, it's amazing to me that it's still not clear as to why Jenna does not have the spot and Kash does even at this place in the season. Lol 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense but just because a girl is a good dancer does not mean she should be point girl. A point girl has to be an all around representative of the organization. Jenna broke the rules more than once, and I would not be surprised if she ratted out Holly and Erica to save herself. She should have been cut,  or at least taken out of Show Group, no appearances, and not be in the one of the front three of the triangle. She broke the rules and paid the price for it. The team would have survive without her coming back her sixth year. If she would have pull this crap in a the real world job,  she would have been shown the door. Plus the fact, Kelli, Judy and Charlotte know more about what is going behind the scenes and what we were shown on the show with the rumors and speculation to make the decision not to let Jenna be point girl. Jenna has no one to blame but herself. No one made her break the rules over and over again.

In reality, the point girl just dances.  She doesn't have to go on appearances or talk, or be a leader.  All she needs to do is stand up front and dance her butt off.

If you think someone is not a good leader or role model, then you take their leadership position.  MAKES SENSE TO ME.  Point girl is a vanity position, usually for an upper vet who is one of the best dancers.  Jenna broke a rule, she got punished (and publicly excoriated), and handled it gracefully,  TO ME THAT IS WORLD CLASS.

IN THE REAL WORLD, when you break a rule at work, the seriousness of the infraction is weighed against the value you bring to the job.  Obviously, she brings enough value, because dismissal never seemed like a serious option.

Let's review the facts:

Jenna is the BEST dancer at DCC style on the team.  (You can disagree, but she definitely is top three--Kashara is not in the group)

She seems to be a hell of a group leader.  Her group is the strongest. (Kashara's is the weakest). FYI this is her third year in a leadership role.  Being group leader requires a different skill set.   Just because you can do something well, doesn't mean you can teach it to others how to do it.

She's in her fifth year on show group.  So she's obviously reliable and good at appearances.

In summary, Jenna is good at her job.

I have nothing against Kashara, but I do think Lacey or Jinelle should have the point, if not Jenna.  I don't like how much we were being sold Kashara this year.   Literally every episode features some way to praise her (and that's never been done with anyone else).

Regardless, it is what it is.  However, I was looking at the DCC twitter today, and found it interesting how much Jenna is featured -- way more than anyone else.  Jenna is right up front at the country music performance and Christmas tree performance.  Jenna is still the de facto leader of the team, primarily because she's the only one who's been group leader before (and her length of tenure).

All these decisions are subjective.  There are so many facts in play that I am not privy to.  K & J chose Kashara to be point.  I can accept that.  K & J also encouraged Jenna to reaudition and let her keep her LEADERSHIP roles (to me that actually says a lot more than being point).  Are others willing to accept that?

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, hypeman said:

In reality, the point girl just dances.  She doesn't have to go on appearances or talk, or be a leader.  All she needs to do is stand up front and dance her butt off.

If you think someone is not a good leader or role model, then you take their leadership position.  MAKES SENSE TO ME.  Point girl is a vanity position, usually for an upper vet who is one of the best dancers.  Jenna broke a rule, she got punished (and publicly excoriated), and handled it gracefully,  TO ME THAT IS WORLD CLASS.

IN THE REAL WORLD, when you break a rule at work, the seriousness of the infraction is weighed against the value you bring to the job.  Obviously, she brings enough value, because dismissal never seemed like a serious option.

Let's review the facts:

Jenna is the BEST dancer at DCC style on the team.  (You can disagree, but she definitely is top three--Kashara is not in the group)

She seems to be a hell of a group leader.  Her group is the strongest. (Kashara's is the weakest). FYI this is her third year in a leadership role.  Being group leader requires a different skill set.   Just because you can do something well, doesn't mean you can teach it to others how to do it.

She's in her fifth year on show group.  So she's obviously reliable and good at appearances.

In summary, Jenna is good at her job.

I have nothing against Kashara, but I do think Lacey or Jinelle should have the point, if not Jenna.  I don't like how much we were being sold Kashara this year.   Literally every episode features some way to praise her (and that's never been done with anyone else).

Regardless, it is what it is.  However, I was looking at the DCC twitter today, and found it interesting how much Jenna is featured -- way more than anyone else.  Jenna is right up front at the country music performance and Christmas tree performance.  Jenna is still the de facto leader of the team, primarily because she's the only one who's been group leader before (and her length of tenure).

All these decisions are subjective.  There are so many facts in play that I am not privy to.  K & J chose Kashara to be point.  I can accept that.  K & J also encouraged Jenna to reaudition and let her keep her LEADERSHIP roles (to me that actually says a lot more than being point).  Are others willing to accept that?

AMEN to that

• Love 4
On 11/24/2017 at 10:27 PM, Kiki88 said:

Well I don't think dcc paid any of her bills so... none of these girls are actually broke. Being a dcc is a luxury and they need to have financial backing from somebody else to make it.

Re: Kashara. I personally like her way more than Jenna. To me Jenna is annoying when she dances and I've had the same issue with her since her rookie season. I think at this point we can all agree that different people like different girls so it's not possible for all of us to agree on a girl. But I have to add that being point isn't just a vanity thing. The point girl IS the 'leader' of the team and that's why jenna lost that spot. And I don't think her getting the best dancers shows that she is a great leader. Erica's group had most of the girls who eventually got cut and now Kashara is stuck with the strugglers, Jinelle is stuck with the blenders and Jenna got the best rookies and vets.

on another note, I saw on instagram the christmas version of thunderstruck. I have to say that I loved it!

• Love 3

Jenna did not do all of her job well. Girl can dance, but part of her job is to follow her contract and she failed. Multiple times.

Now I would have put Lacey at point bc 1) she looks like an adult 2) no ugly scar 3) she is super technical AND good at DCC style 4) she stays out of trouble 5) she brings some diversity besides the blond white girl/light black girl pattern.

They stress so much that point IS a leadership position and Jenna sucks at leading anyone but herself. Group 1 also changed the least with girls and leaders so i cut Kashara or anybody in charge o group 3 and 4 some slack if they aren't as great as group 1.

• Love 7

When did they start stressing point as a huge leadership position? Honest question, not being sarcastic, because they didn’t seem to care much when Whitney was point after she embarrassed the organization (moreso than anything that Jenna or Holly did. I’m sure many fans think that the cheerleaders date the players anyway and couldn’t care less who they’re sleeping with). It appeared to be about dance ability then, and Whitney was the best dancer IMO and therefore a good point girl.

With that said, while I think both Jenna and Lacey are better than Kashara, I don’t think they’re that much better for it to be a huge deal. It’s not like Kashara looks bad or anything up there. As long as the girl can keep up, I don’t think most fans are terribly concerned with point.

• Love 3

I see nothing wrong with Jenna's scar. I have a lot worse scar than she does after being hit by a car before my fourth birthday. I had to have major surgery to save my life and left kidney. It looks like I was cut in half on my left side, and I can see where they cut me open and where they sewed me back up after the surgery ended. Not pretty at all, but it is my battle scar, and it shows I am a fighter.

I do not see Jenna as the best dancer on the team. If a girl is going for her sixth year, she better be a good dancer and have strong leadership qualities. I agree with the fact Jenna got a stronger group than the other group leaders this year. The last two years of rookies have left a lot to be desired in my opinion. The point girl is more than just dancing. She needs to represent the organization on and off the field. The whole situation reminds me of Angela in her fifth and last year. The big part of the reasoning why she came back was to make Show Group because she wanted to go on the USO holiday tour with her friends. She was turning down regular appearances for years, but she thought being a five year girl was going to get her a spot after trying out for Show Group for three years. It came back to backfire on her. And a good group leader does not sell out other girls to save her spot on the squad, does not break the rules and think she should get away with it, and does not ask someone when she gets her point girl spot back after being told she cannot go on an amazing experience because she broke the rules over and over again. I think Jenna thought she was the DCC Queen Bee after a lot of the more talented girls like Amy and Jennifer left and thought she was going to be the top girl, and her actions knock her down a few DCC notches.

11 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well I don't think dcc paid any of her bills so... none of these girls are actually broke. Being a dcc is a luxury and they need to have financial backing from somebody else to make it.

Re: Kashara. I personally like her way more than Jenna. To me Jenna is annoying when she dances and I've had the same issue with her since her rookie season. I think at this point we can all agree that different people like different girls so it's not possible for all of us to agree on a girl. But I have to add that being point isn't just a vanity thing. The point girl IS the 'leader' of the team and that's why jenna lost that spot. And I don't think her getting the best dancers shows that she is a great leader. Erica's group had most of the girls who eventually got cut and now Kashara is stuck with the strugglers, Jinelle is stuck with the blenders and Jenna got the best rookies and vets.

on another note, I saw on instagram the christmas version of thunderstruck. I have to say that I loved it!

Alternate plausible theory. Jenna is the best group leader and that's why none of her girls got cut.

Per Shelly, point girl is not that important.  Her words, not mine.  Nothing has ever been said by anyone associated with the team that the point girl is the leader of the team.

However, there are 4 group leaders, 3 of which are new. Jenna is the ONLY returning group leader.

Likewise, since Jenna has been on show group for FIVE years, and the current point girl is a SG rookie. I don't think anyone is coming to her with questions or for direction.

This is not anti-Kashara. But at any job, you look towards the person with the most experience for help, not the newbie.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Alternate plausible theory. Jenna is the best group leader and that's why none of her girls got cut.

Per Shelly, point girl is not that important.  Her words, not mine.  Nothing has ever been said by anyone associated with the team that the point girl is the leader of the team.

However, there are 4 group leaders, 3 of which are new. Jenna is the ONLY returning group leader.

Likewise, since Jenna has been on show group for FIVE years, and the current point girl is a SG rookie. I don't think anyone is coming to her with questions or for direction.

This is not anti-Kashara. But at any job, you look towards the person with the most experience for help, not the newbie.

The most experienced worker does not mean the best worker in the organization. I certainly would not say Jenna is the best group leader since her actions speak louder than words. We also have no clue none of the girls are going to KaShara for help. To be honest about it, I would go to her for help or assistance before going to Jenna. Jenna seems to think she is all that because she is the senior girl and a lot of the more talented girls left the squad this year, so she has a shot for point girl, Pro Bowl Girl and VOTY. If she does decide not to try out again next year, and becomes an All-Star, I bet dollars to donuts Kelli and Judy would not ask her to full in for other girls like they have done with Mia, Emma or Jennifer.

And the fact I have work at places where the people with the most experience were or were trying to call the shots, and lets just say, I would not listen to them because they had no clue on what was really going on. In otherwords, I know what is  best attitude so go along with it or else.

Jenna and other girls on the squad are much better dancers than Kashara.  Kashara quickly became a K&J favorite and leapfrogged over many of the other longer term girls who are better dancers - not exactly sure what she did, but how do you got from not even making show group for two seasons to point and a 1st leader?   I also think her leadership qualities are exaggerated.  Besides for her running around and clapping to get people involved that time that time that guest choreographer wanted people to get up and improv, what evidence is there that she's this great leader?

That half time performance w/ her dancing like nothing special at all in front of everyone else really irked me.  Only the best of the best of the DCC dancers should get featured like that...

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Jenna and other girls on the squad are much better dancers than Kashara.  Kashara quickly became a K&J favorite and leapfrogged over many of the other longer term girls who are better dancers - not exactly sure what she did, but how do you got from not even making show group for two seasons to point and a 1st leader?   I also think her leadership qualities are exaggerated.  Besides for her running around and clapping to get people involved that time that time that guest choreographer wanted people to get up and improv, what evidence is there that she's this great leader?

That half time performance w/ her dancing like nothing special at all in front of everyone else really irked me.  Only the best of the best of the DCC dancers should get featured like that...

Couldn’t agree more 

Who do we think would have got point if Erica had remained a group leader? Has a non-group leader ever been point? 

49 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

When did they start stressing point as a huge leadership position? Honest question, not being sarcastic, because they didn’t seem to care much when Whitney was point after she embarrassed the organization (moreso than anything that Jenna or Holly did. I’m sure many fans think that the cheerleaders date the players anyway and couldn’t care less who they’re sleeping with). It appeared to be about dance ability then, and Whitney was the best dancer IMO and therefore a good point girl.

With that said, while I think both Jenna and Lacey are better than Kashara, I don’t think they’re that much better for it to be a huge deal. It’s not like Kashara looks bad or anything up there. As long as the girl can keep up, I don’t think most fans are terribly concerned with point.

YES. Whitney’s actions were far worse and RACIST yet she remained point. (I am a Whitney dance fan so I understand why she stayed point- but it is hypocritical) 

• Love 5

Crystal Trevino was point girl her third and last year over her own sister who on the team for six years and girls with five or four years in. We have no clue on what KaShara's leadership skills are because we are not there in DCC land 24/7/365. Once again, none of us really know what is going on behind the scenes. Jenna may dance fine, but she is not a true inspiration of what a real DCC should be. Like Kelli has said more than once, seniority is all fine and dandy, but it does not mean you get what you want aka point girl, Show Group, VOTY, better and more appearances, etc. etc. Jenna had her chances, and she blew it big time, and in my opinion, I think she should have left or should have been shown the door.

Crystal was point girl in Season 5, and she was Brooke's assistant group leader.

Edited by bigskygirl
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Crystal Trevino was point girl her third and last year over her own sister who on the team for six years and girls with five or four years in. We have no clue on what KaShara's leadership skills are because we are not there in DCC land 24/7/365. Once again, none of us really know what is going on behind the scenes. Jenna may dance fine, but she is not a true inspiration of what a real DCC should be. Like Kelli has said more than once, seniority is all fine and dandy, but it does not mean you get what you want aka point girl, Show Group, VOTY, better and more appearances, etc. etc. Jenna had her chances, and she blew it big time, and in my opinion, I think she should have left or should have been shown the door.

Crystal was point girl in Season 5, and she was Brooke's assistant group leader.

Damn I bet the leaders were pissed. That just seems ridiculous to me and an insult to the dancing of your 4 chosen leaders