Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Ok no idea where to put this but I am assuming this MIGHT be in the right thread. I been seeing on DCC twitter that the girls have these videos to say they are having the different color stars on their boots for x cause (which is great I think) but what I want to know is, are those different color stars (for the causes they support) on their boots permanently or just for "a while")? (if that made any sense at all. Its 3am my time atm and I having sleeping probs so my words are not that great at this time of day.

Also I remember Shelly saying the girls have 2 pairs of boots one for performance and one for appearances so am I assuming those videos on twitter about the color stars on the boots is for both or just on one of the boots they have? (If I am wrong that they dont have 2 pairs of boots then correct me on what I heard the girls apparently have "two of" I swear I heard 2 pairs of boots for all girls and the show group gets an extra pair of shorts for show group perfomances is that my memory etc?).

I’m pretty sure they got a brand new pair of boots for the my boots my cause. I’m curious why Kelli and Kalyssa have two different colors when both are supporting esophageal cancer? Are both red and periwinkle colors for this cause? 

8 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

I’m pretty sure they got a brand new pair of boots for the my boots my cause. I’m curious why Kelli and Kalyssa have two different colors when both are supporting esophageal cancer? Are both red and periwinkle colors for this cause? 

The stars look like patches they may have sewn/glued on somehow. I'd hate to imagine they'd spend that much money on boots only to be used for one game, unless Luchesse donated them.

I've heard show group have backup boots and shorts, but that was several years ago. 

25 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

I don't think the colour star relates specifically to the cause. I think it's just a sentimental colour to the girls. So while two girls may be supporting the one cause, their colour stars may be different as that is the colour they relate that cause to. Maybe it was a favourite colour of the person they are dedicating it to. 

2 hours ago, Acromantula said:

This is kinda what I thought was going on too, although I was thinking that Keyra was speeding. I think she might have jumped early and hit the full splits while everyone else was just starting to leap up (because don't they always finish a jump split by landing in full splits on the ground?). That being said, Jenna is almost at the same position as her, and I wouldn't have thought Jenna would mess up on this too much. It's an odd picture, actually, because both ends of the line and much closer to be in the splits, and then towards the middle (Milan, Amy) it looks like their feet almost touch the ground. 

Maybe they were trying to do the "wave" with the kick line ?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I don't think the colour star relates specifically to the cause. I think it's just a sentimental colour to the girls. So while two girls may be supporting the one cause, their colour stars may be different as that is the colour they relate that cause to. Maybe it was a favourite colour of the person they are dedicating it to. 

It's supposed to, periwinkle is the color represented in support ribbons. Not sure why she chose red. 

13 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

As for her calling herself a nurse - I'm the last person in the world to criticize somebody's online grammar (math/science girl here, NOT English), but she made a vocabulary error - more like flat out LIE - and she knows it. If she is smart enough for med school, she is smart enough to know the difference in a real nurse and a med/surg assistant. She did that on purpose. Needs to change it. That's all that I don't like about her - inflating credentials when she does not have to. 

I couldn’t agree more. On the DCC Facebook page, Cersten is featured for My Cause My Boots - her cause is breast cancer awareness and it’s presented as “representing her patients.” Unless she has changed jobs recently, we were led to believe that she’s working as an assistant in a pediatrician’s office. Not to say that pediatric patients never get breast cancer, but it’s pretty damn rare.

It’s starting to seem like TPTB are going heavy on the “Dr. Cersten” angle without considering the inconsistencies. They need to stop inflating her to something that she’s not.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Is it just me or does Jessika look heavy?

Jessika looks like she is forcing those kicks, like they are not coming natural to her. She IS a great dancer, though. Her hair needs to be changed. It is too blah. 

As far as her weight goes, she is definitely thick in the middle. She is really, really pretty facially.

Edited by tinabee1967

They only have two more home games if I'm not mistaken. This Thursday and Christmas Eve. Colts just announced their Pro Bowl and I don't think they would wait until Christmas Eve to announce the DCC? So there's a chance we could find out Thursday!

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

They only have two more home games if I'm not mistaken. This Thursday and Christmas Eve. Colts just announced their Pro Bowl and I don't think they would wait until Christmas Eve to announce the DCC? So there's a chance we could find out Thursday!

Past few years I feel like it’s been the last home game, but I’d happily take this week. #TeamLacey

4 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I couldn’t agree more. On the DCC Facebook page, Cersten is featured for My Cause My Boots - her cause is breast cancer awareness and it’s presented as “representing her patients.” Unless she has changed jobs recently, we were led to believe that she’s working as an assistant in a pediatrician’s office. Not to say that pediatric patients never get breast cancer, but it’s pretty damn rare.

It’s starting to seem like TPTB are going heavy on the “Dr. Cersten” angle without considering the inconsistencies. They need to stop inflating her to something that she’s not.

I’m a Cersten fan, but I’m also side-eyeing the flip flop medical career she/DCC is trying to play. Girl make up your mind. 

• Love 5

Cersten started off working for that same plastic surgeon doing the same medical assistant job Jackie Bob did. I work in marketing at a hospital and it would be ok to interchange the terms medical assistant and surgical assistant, and plastic or peds depending on what floor. It’s ok to refer to your patients, clients, customers (I hate calling people seeking medical help customers), depending on what your facility chooses. Even some of our housekeepers and volunteers refer to their patients, and they are helping take care of people, so I don’t think her saying ‘patients’ is off the wall.

I completely side eye her calling herself a nurse. If she’d called herself a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical/Vocationally Nurse, or even CNA, that would be illegal. Those are protected licenses and certifications. Same goes if she actually was an RN and called herself ACLS or CRNA, etc.

Cersten may have changed jobs from plastics to peds, and she still may want to be a physician or nurse one day, but until she actually is, she really needs to change that job description. What she has there now sounds like a lie and is offensive to real nurses. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, cgloss said:

Any news out of the podcast with Lauren and Chantel?

Snooze fest. Nothing substantial. Boring. Bland. Blah.

As far as Cersten, I don't care. The girl is cute, she can dance, she's working, she fine with me. I don't think it's that deep. Go girl.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Snooze fest. Nothing substantial. Boring. Bland. Blah.

As far as Cersten, I don't care. The girl is cute, she can dance, she's working, she fine with me. I don't think it's that deep. Go girl.

Agree on podcast. I thought it was the most boring one so far. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Is it just me or does Jessika look heavy?

She always looks heavy.

12 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

It's supposed to, periwinkle is the color represented in support ribbons. Not sure why she chose red. 

I think it's purple but reflection makes sequence etc look off color.

14 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

The stars look like patches they may have sewn/glued on somehow. I'd hate to imagine they'd spend that much money on boots only to be used for one game, unless Luchesse donated them.

Money that would be better spent on the actual cause. I do think they are just patches though. That would make more sense.

• Love 2

I agree money can help, but we need to bring more awareness to certain causes like bullying, mental health and domestic abuse. Throwing more money at it will not bring happiness and mental and physical health and healing. And you go Khalyn for having mental illness as your cause. No one with a mental health illness should have to live in shame because they have one.

On 11/28/2017 at 7:08 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

It’s hard to tell from that pic what is going on. Cameras can capture things so quickly, it’s impossibel to keep sync everyone together 24/7.  Keyra could be in the perfect split bc she is late and everyone else is landing. Doubt if that’s the case, but moral of the story to me is why on earth did they chose to use that pic? It’s a mess.

Even though Keyra looks good in that picture, she's actually the most out of synch w/ the rest of the team and IMO it reflects more poorly on her than positive.

At dance comps they usually take tons of group shots that you can view at kiosks during the comp - the girls that the team knows are always off (slightly ahead or behind of the rest of the group in the choreography) always have a few pics like that...ones where they are in a perfect leap when everyone else is still on the way up or way down...I think this is the same thing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree money can help, but we need to bring more awareness to certain causes like bullying, mental health and domestic abuse. Throwing more money at it will not bring happiness and mental and physical health and healing.

Oh I agree. I just don't know how much awareness wearing colored stars on their boots is going to bring. It all depends on how much was spent and how much use they will get. Of course I speak as someone who isn't as rich as the Cowboys organization. I'm also not a fan of awareness bracelets etc. It's just a personal thing. If people care they are going to be aware and if they don't, wearing a bracelet (or stars) isn't going to change that, IMO.

I do love that the girls are telling their stories and that they have a cause they support. Spend more money on that kind of awareness. Put these girls in national ads for the various causes. Get their stories out there. People pay attention to pretty people, it's sad but true. The pretty draws your attention and then you might listen to what they are saying.

• Love 2
On 11/26/2017 at 5:31 PM, JayDKay said:

I really hope that Certsen retires this year. My god I cannot stand the look of that girl. She looks like a giant a-hole. I don't get the appeal at all. I don't even think she dances that great. Next year I want to see Maggie, Stephanie & Robin in the triangle.  

I do too. The things people have said about her attitude in the Dallas dance scene will make you not like her. She needs Khalyns mother to teach her how to be humble 

• Love 3

On the bottom picture, the one in the black dress, second from (our) right is that Keyra? In my mind I see Kelly thinking thats a "DCC Don't" and is anyone getting a vibe from Jenna's twitter lately that shes secretly "announcing" shes done after this year, esp after that throwback facebook post etc? Thats the vibe I got anyway.

Edited by Dcc fan
9 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

On the bottom picture, the one in the black dress, second from (our) right is that Keyra? In my mind I see Kelly thinking thats a "DCC Don't" and is anyone getting a vibe from Jenna's twitter lately that shes secretly "announcing" shes done after this year, esp after that throwback facebook post etc? Thats the vibe I got anyway.

Poor Keyra can't catch a break, can she? Now she's catching flack for someone else's supposed faux pas. That's Khalyn BTW.  LOL. Keyra is on our left, in the red. 

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 9

No offense the dress is not doing Keyra any favors. It makes her look heavy in the middle and behind area. Jenna looks like she is trying to show off her chest. The girl next to Kelli looks like Kathryn Dunn. No idea on what Khalyn is going for.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense the dress is not doing Keyra any favors. It makes her look heavy in the middle and behind area. Jenna looks like she is trying to show off her chest. The girl next to Kelli looks like Kathryn Dunn. No idea on what Khalyn is going for.

I saw that. She looks 5 mos. pregnant! I believe it's the camera setting.  They're using panoramic mode, which distorts the edges of the pics.

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

Poor Keyra can't catch a break, can she? Now she's catching flack for someone else's supposed faux pas. That's Khalyn BTW.  LOL. Keyra is on our left, in the red. 

Haha so true. Khalyn is the one that looks like Barbie and Keyra is Skipper. 

I swear Khalyn looks like she's ready for the cover of Vogue. She's too supermodel pretty to be a DCC with all the overly made up pageant girls. She has such an elegant look to me.

Robyn, Cersten and Maggie have the prettiest dresses to me. Looks like wind is blowing a little too. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

Wow..is it me or does Keyra look “large”?

Aw, I think they are all so gorgeous! Seriously, everyone is stunning in that pic. 

- Keyra's dress is not a great choice, and she is standing closest to the camera. Girl is definitely not large! Look at how toned her arm is. 

- Jenna, hun, you're going to throw your back out..

- Robyn, Tess, and Cersten look fabulous! I honestly think Cersten is one of the most beautiful people on this team. 

-  Khalyn's dress is a little trashy...but she wears it well and has a great figure

- Christina and Maggie look a bit like they're going to prom, but that's mainly due to the dress style. Forgot your corsages, ladies! ;) 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Kelsey and Matt are cute. Maddie could not look less like a DCC if she tried. I don't get what they see in her. 

I think Maddie is adorable.  She’s fun and spunky, she’s a good dancer, and she always has a huge smile.  I’ll bet she’s great on appearances and it doesn’t seem like she causes any drama, which I’m sure is a big plus, especially this year.  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

Jenna's pose is a bit much

• Love 2
16 hours ago, mmm said:

Maddie appeared in one Kelsey & her BF videos, It was cute 

I don’t know who those guys are, but this video was so annoying I couldn’t watch the whole thing - just kept moving it forward in big chunks of time.   Are the guys famous or something so it’s suppsed to be funny that they are willing to learn to dance?  It almost seemed like they were being patronizing towards the DCC, like making fun of dance like it is silly - if you get what I mean?  I don’t know who they are so I could be way off.

Madeline doesn’t look anything like a DCC - sorry...  

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

Kathryn looks really pretty - what was this that her and Kyndall were there?  It’s pretty much all DCC and those two...

Cersten looking matronly as always - even her wardrobe choices look soccer mom.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t know who those guys are, but this video was so annoying I couldn’t watch the whole thing - just kept moving it forward in big chunks of time.   Are the guys famous or something so it’s suppsed to be funny that they are willing to learn to dance?  It almost seemed like they were being patronizing towards the DCC, like making fun of dance like it is silly - if you get what I mean?  I don’t know who they are so I could be way off.

Madeline doesn’t look anything like a DCC - sorry...  

They are no making fun of them. Brody is Kelsey's BF , He has a popular Youtube channel and have been getting requests to do a dance video with Kelsey.

The other guy is a Choreographer and dancer himself. 

12 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

I do too. The things people have said about her attitude in the Dallas dance scene will make you not like her. She needs Khalyns mother to teach her how to be humble 

Wait. What did i miss ? what she say ?

I think All the girls look beautiful. Just bad lighting in bottom half pic 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

She always looks heavy.

I think it's purple but reflection makes sequence etc look off color.

Sequins?

17 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Oh I agree. I just don't know how much awareness wearing colored stars on their boots is going to bring. It all depends on how much was spent and how much use they will get. Of course I speak as someone who isn't as rich as the Cowboys organization. I'm also not a fan of awareness bracelets etc. It's just a personal thing. If people care they are going to be aware and if they don't, wearing a bracelet (or stars) isn't going to change that, IMO.

I do love that the girls are telling their stories and that they have a cause they support. Spend more money on that kind of awareness. Put these girls in national ads for the various causes. Get their stories out there. People pay attention to pretty people, it's sad but true. The pretty draws your attention and then you might listen to what they are saying.

I think just talking about it is enough to begin to bring awareness to a cause. I certainly am more aware of some of the causes they're bringing awareness too just off the strength of the video. As far as people caring, I don't think that has anything to do with being aware. It could be that people are just ignorant (or blind) to some of them and don't even think about it until it is brought to their attention.

12 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

It's pretty clear that she's retiring. She pretty much said it herself.

45 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Kathryn looks really pretty - what was this that her and Kyndall were there?  It’s pretty much all DCC and those two...

Cersten looking matronly as always - even her wardrobe choices look soccer mom.

As far as Kyndall being there, they're all friends. I really think that's it. DCC or not.

7 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

There’s also a video on his (Matt’s) second channel. 

Yeah , saw that too. surprise he used their DCC pics, I though it wasn't allowed in non - official stuff.

1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I think just talking about it is enough to begin to bring awareness to a cause. I certainly am more aware of some of the causes they're bringing awareness too just off the strength of the video.

I am all about people talking about the issues. I love that they did those videos. I was talking about just wearing a color making people aware. I don't think it will unless the color is explained. I have enough friends with breast cancer to know that is pink and heart disease is red which makes sense but I know purple means something, since people were painting their pinkies purple but not a clue why. They need the talking component to make the colored items work.

3 hours ago, mmm said:

Yeah , saw that too. surprise he used their DCC pics, I though it wasn't allowed in non - official stuff.

I think it’s only the title “Dallas cowboys Cheerleaders”, photos are free game since they’re all over the internet anyway. That’s why he refers to them as “the cheerleaders”. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

As far as Kyndall being there, they're all friends. I really think that's it. DCC or not.

She is always with DCC Chantal.... 

stupid question, are they related? They look like sisters (to me)

Edited by tajalexander
5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t know who those guys are, but this video was so annoying I couldn’t watch the whole thing

Honestly, I find Kelsey & her boyfriend annoying with their YouTube crap. *runs away and hides*

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Honestly, I find Kelsey & her boyfriend annoying with their YouTube crap. *runs away and hides*

We will run away together and hide. I tried to watch the video, but to me they look silly and annoying.

Edited by bigskygirl